Skip to main content

tv   The Last Word With Lawrence O Donnell  MSNBC  October 17, 2016 10:00pm-11:01pm PDT

10:00 pm
our system depends on respect. that is how it works, that is sometimes how it works even after bad things happen, particularly after bad stuff happens. now it's time for the last word. >> i know you never, on a sunday night, you never miss an episode of "family guy." i know you. but on a busy election cycle, i know it's possible that maybe last night you missed last night's episode with the heavy reading you have to do. it's possible you missed it. >> okay. >> and i'm going to save the day for you. >> i look forward to being updated. >> i am going to show you the clip from "family guy" from last night when the family guy gets on the access hollywood bus with donald trump. you' g to see this.
10:01 pm
donald trump is changing the subject to rigged elections, and he wants that to be the subject, because it's changing the subject from accusations of sexual assault by donald trump and donald trump himself bragging about sexual assault on video. i hope you don't mind if i don't change the subject for donald trump. >> this is a rigged election, folks, okay? >> i am in charge of elections in ohio, and they're note going to be rigged. >> people who have died ten years ago are voting. >> are there cases of voter fraud? absolutely. but it's rare. >> you are, as a statistical matter more likely to be hit by lightning. >> he can't get fair coverage. >> he's a victim. >> yeah, that's a victim.
10:02 pm
>> the media is trying to rig the election by giving creddance to false stories. >> we would probably believe him more if he wasn't groping the air the entire time. >> he's made comments about the way some of the women who are accusing him look. >> he will say it as he feels it. >> do you feel you're modeling appropriate behavior for today's youth? >> no. in next. >> he will do what he wants to do. >> just in case i start kissing her. >> that's cheapest breath mint. i thought you were a billionaire. >> that last clip was family guy's take on the trump on the bus video. you've got to see this thing. we will show you the rest of that family guy ride on the trump bus later. but first, melania speaks.
10:03 pm
so melania trump's husband gets caught on the access hollywood video bragging about sexual assault. he describes his methodology in detail and that video is played for the world ten days ago, and melania trump's husband is not in trouble with her. because in the trump household there is apparently no such thing as sexual assault. >> in terms of what he actually said on the tape, not saying he did it, but what he said, the behavior he described to you, is that sexual assault? >> no, that's not sexual assault. >> that's what donald trump said when he was asked if he understood he was admitting to sexual assault. he said no, he wasn't admitting to sexual assault. melania trump's variation on the locker room defense was to call donald trump's bragging about sexual assault boy talk. so now we have a unanimous
10:04 pm
opinion so far among all of the donald trump relatives who have spoken about this, that sexual assault is simply locker room talk or now boy talk. everyone does it, everyone brags about sexual assault. that's their view. it is hard to think of how tonight's softball interview with melania trump could have been softer especially when she was helped their her conspiracy theory about how nine women have come forward. >> he would never do that. everything was organized and put together to hurt him, to hurt his candidacy. >> organized by the opposition. >> the opposition, yes. >> the media, clinton. >> you think they're working together? >> yes.
10:05 pm
>> within two weeks melania trump would have a press conference to prove that she never violated american immigration law by entering the country illegally or working illegally. >> let me tell you one thing, she has got it so documented, so she's going to have a little news conference over the next couple weeks. i love it. i love it. >> she has got it so documented. of course donald trump knew the news media could be relied upon to forget that. no one asked mel aunl yeah to produce her documents. she's got it so documented. no one asked her to produce her immigration records to prove that her immigration was legitimate and legal. she obviously would never agree to an interview with anyone who would be so impertinent to ask her to produce those records.
10:06 pm
they are forgotten by most of the media. melania trump went unchallenged when show said no woman should make accusations of sexual assault without what she called evidence. >> of the assault should be taken care of in a court of law. and to accuse, no matter who it is, a man or a woman, without evidence, it's, it's damaging, and's unfair. >> of course, every woman who has accused donald trump of sexual assault does have evidence, though you never would have learned that in that interview. and that evidence is their own testimony to what happened. that is what most evidence is in most criminal trials. testimony. people saying what they saw or heard. and what we have in each of
10:07 pm
these cases is the eyewitness testimony of each of the victims of the alleged sexual assault. that is very serious evidence and would be treated very seriously in any courtroom, but it is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. and so, as melania trump doing what most people do and just blurring the distinction between evidence and proof? is melania trump saying no woman should ever accuse a man of sexual assault if that woman does not have proof beyond a reasonable doubt? is melania trump saying no woman should ever accuse a man of sexual assault if that assault happens the way most assaults happen, when the woman is alone with the man with no other witnesses. is melania trump saying we should always ignore every accusation of sexual assault made by a woman who is the only witness to her sexual assault? we don't know, because softball
10:08 pm
interviews don't pursue questions like that. as donald trump has been sinking in recent polls, presumably because of his own bragging of sexual assault, he has tried to change the subject to how the election is rigged and how the media has gone aalong. which subject do you think donald trump would like the media to be talking about? accusations against him or that the election is rigged? that's why he is talking about a rigged election. that's why he's saying these crazy things about the election being rigged, along with the possibility that he actually might believe the election's be being rigged, he needs the media to change the subject. he needs the media to stop talking about sexual assault,
10:09 pm
which has destroyed him in the polls. the polls indicate that talking about a rigged election will not be enough to move donald trump back up in the polls. yesterday a new poll came out showing hillary clinton with a 11-point lied. -- lead. >> now charlie sikes and an op ed columnist for the "boston globe." endeara, i want to get your take on what we heard from melania trump tonight, no one should make these accusations without evidence, and i think she means proof. >> it makes no sense. remember, this is a complete double standard, because donald trump and his entire campaign have been making the same sorts
10:10 pm
of allegations about bill clinton from the start, down to sitting his accusers at the last debate front and center trying to throw hillary clinton off her game. so they can't have it both ways. either sexual assault where the woman is the only witness other than her alleged attacker, the woman's own testimony is either legitimate or it's not legitimate. you can't have it one way for one candidate and not for the other. i want to pick up on what you're saying about him throwing out this accusation of a rigged election, and i think is really important and dangerous. it's not the first time that donald trump has said the election was rigged. back in iowa when ted cruz won the iowa caucus, that was the first time that donald trump said it's rigged. there was no way donald trump could have lost. and i think it comes down to the fact that in donald trump's mind he's always a winner, never a loser, he always denigrates everyone else as a loser.
10:11 pm
the reason why the "apprentice" didn't win an emmy is because the emmies were rigged. he first started to talk about the elections being rigged, and it's come back again because she's ahead in the polls. he has to create this narrative to justify what looks like is going to be hit defeat and for his supporters to put their anger. what's dangerous is what comes next. >> this new monmouth poll which shows a significant hillary clinton lead says this. it asked people polled, are the trump allegations of sexual assault true, definitely, probably true, amounted to 62%. definitely probably not true 26%. don't know, 8%. and so, charlie, that poll says anything you can do to change the subject.
10:12 pm
>> absolutely. the election is over for the republicans. the question is how much are they going to sully themselves. i remember when republicans said character matters and thought bill clinton's treatment of women was a big issue. what you're seeing now is an abandonment of that high moral ground. it's this, it's this massive vortex of lunacy that he's created for sucking other republicans in and whether or not over the next three weeks they're going to go along with this, whether they're going to buy the rigging, whether they're going to pursue this candidate down this rabbit hole of paranoia and misdirection. >> there's also a poll on this question of rigging the election. they asked, could the election be stolen from trump, and you see something what might be a trump supporter versus everyone
10:13 pm
else here. strongly agree 41%. strongly somewhat disagree 49%, don't know, 10%. and let's listen so what the ohio republican secretary of state said about this. let's listen to this. >> we have so many safeguards in place in our election system, it's bipartisan. it's transparent. and there's just no justification for concern about widespread voter fraud. >> i actually intend on voting for donald trump, but i'm remorseful or regretful that he's saying things like this, which really undermine the potential that he has as a candidate, they're not the kinds of things that he should be saying. >> that john hugh stead may become a star on november 9th if he's the republican secretary of
10:14 pm
state who's willing to say that after the election. >> ohio was the concern in 2004 when john kerry was at the time known to have quietly nursed suspicions that there was some problems with voting machines in ohio that might have cost him the election. so it's not the first time that we've heard about irregularity, but i have to say in terms of the country getting on board with this notion of a rigged election, there is very little evidence to back this up. there is one scholar who has dedicated his career to studying irregularities and among 1 billion votes has only found 31 cases of voter fraud. it is hard to find evidence of this. in that same poll, it was striking to me that 75% of republicans believed that was possible. you have to go back to 140 years to ulysses s. grant.
10:15 pm
even then, americans accepted it. >> republicans, on november 9th assuming hillary clinton wins as you now expect her to, we will be looking to people like john are to address this issue. what do you expect to hear? >> i do think there are legitimate concerns about voter fraud, but this is not what this is about right now. this is about delegitimizing the election, rationaliing his defeat. and i do think there's going to be tremendous pressure on other republicans to say we need a bipartisan moment here to
10:16 pm
understand that the peaceful transfer of power is a fundamental part of our democracy. >> thank you both very much for joining us tonight, really appreciate it. >> thanks. coming up, donald trump might have a strategy after all. not a strategy to actually win the white house but a strategy of what to do with his followers, how to make money from his followers, starting on november 9th if he doesn't win the white house. and in the war room tonight, the clinton campaign has a very tough choice, and yes, even when you have a lead, and sometimes a big lead, you have very, very tough choices. do they try to expand the map for democratic victories in traditionally red states or do they stay with the safe choice of fighting the battleground states. that is a tough choice for them to make. oor this.
10:17 pm
10:18 pm
10:19 pm
the time has come for the sarah palin network. >> hello, my fellow americans. it's me. you know, ever since i won the silver medal in last year's presidential election, i've made it my goal to connect with as many people as possible. >> is that the objective of the badly trailing trump presidential campaign? is it a campaign to launch the new trump tv network. >> a new report says donald trump's son-in-law is discussing that idea with people who can make it happen. here is one of the shows that
10:20 pm
you can actually really imagine being an actual show on the trump network. >> do you hate gotcha journalism? get ready for hey, journalist, i gotcha. so katie, what newspapers do you read? it's an easy question, katie. well, better luck next time, gotcha. >> we'll be joined next by the man who got today's scoop on the latest planning for the trump network.
10:21 pm
10:22 pm
nothing donald trump has done during the debate season has made any sense at all if donald trump is actually trying to win the presidency. he has used that valuable time attacking hillary clinton in the least-effective way possible by reminding everyone that bill clinton has a history of marital indiscretions, but that decision makes sense if donald trump know the he can't actually win the election and simply wants to win the audience, the audience that hates all things clinton, an audience that he might be able to turn into the next trump business, starting on november 9th, the financial times reports today donald trump's son-in-law has informally approached one of the industry's top deal makers about the prospect of setting up a trump television network after
10:23 pm
the presidential election in november. joining us, matthew garahan and the chief white house correspondent for politico. >> this happened in the last couple months, a lot of reports about the trump camp thinking about a tv network. and we heard that jared kushner, ivanka's husband also contacted a guy who's one of the big media deal makers, i think he's put together $300 billion worth of deals, he's the guy you go to, to sound him out about setting up a network. and the conversation didn't last very long, didn't go in any particular direction, but it suggests that the trump camp and jared kushner are thinking very
10:24 pm
seriously about a post-november 8th life for donald trump and for the donald trump movement for the populace movement he's started. >> you look at the so-called campaign strategy, which, as i say, makes no sense unless, and then you look at who's involved. here's this guy, bannon who's experienced in running breitbart. you look at jared kushner, media savvy already, son-in-law of donald trump. you look at donald trump, who loves, you know, doing this kind of thing. it all makes a certain sense. >> it does. the front page of tomorrow's print edition of the around the world, but lawrence, people are talking today about this as if this is a plan b for trump, like i'm excited that you're excited about it, it makes so much sense. and, as we saw in the previous segment, as your viewers well know, the map and the math for
10:25 pm
trump are so bleak that you're starting to wonder if this is plan a. >> yes, yes. >> for donald trump, who knows the power of media in the last half, i think this was significant in the last debate. he bragged about the fact that he had 25 million people between twitter and facebook. that's a nice start to an audience. a big following, an owned-audience, and at the very end here, he's inciting them all, blaming the rest of the media, and it's the perfect layout, and there's to be a huge opening. that audience we've talked on this show about how that audience is not going to go away. they're going to be hungry, and donald trump wants to feed them. i think it's funny and telling that the way this leaked, the fact that lawrence, you've been involved in campaigns, i can't think of being more off-message than three weeks out from your
10:26 pm
election day and to be thinking about what you're going to be doing next. the reason this leaked, trump looking for money. he wants someone else to invest in it. >> and matthew, there are, as economists say, huge barriers to entry regarding a network. it's a really tough thing to do. we get that. but there's also the glenn beck version of this, which is more website and anyone can do that. what i wonder about on the network side, has donald trump become commercially untouchable? if i, if i give him a cable channel in my cable system, no matter how obtained, no matter how much profit i make from it, do i get people cutting off, saying, no i will cut off this cable system e >> and comcast never took glenn beck's channel. glenn beck's been railing for a long time about how they wouldn't take his channel. but donald trump doesn't carrier.
10:27 pm
he can launch the netflix of donald trump. >> think outside the box of this kind of network. >> he can launch, a reporting we did today, it's much broader than just a network. it's a media company. when you think of steven bannon, and a global right wing network, populace anger in france and the uk. you have trump doing something similar here. >> why not just rename breitbart trump? and we're done. >> tnn. yeah, i think matthew's right about the idea of something broader. there's a new thing on snapchat, we the people. and the founder of politico, they did a snap blast saying
10:28 pm
that what donald trump really wants is media empire. yoreight, that the barriers to entry are much lower. you take the blaze model that glenn beck did. i talked to experts who said you could do that for around $20 million. whereas the oprah network costs $100 million. he's going to be on the tv where you change the channel. >> the tv he knows how to find. >> we're going to have to leave it there. mike alan and michael garahan. coming up, we always know when donald trump is watching tv, because he always tweets about what's watching on tv as he did with "saturday night live." we can only imagine what he would have tweeted if he knew where to find "family guy" last night, when they got on the
10:29 pm
trump access hollywood bus. that's coming up.
10:30 pm
10:31 pm
10:32 pm
in tonight's war room, go big or play it safe. that is the tough question that hillary clinton's campaign war room faces right now tonight. playing it safe would stick to a battleground state strategy focussing only on the must-win states of the strategists want to go big.
10:33 pm
and for donald trump to be complaining, the clinton campaign is investing in $2 million in arizona, which has not voted for a democrat since 1996 and it is sending michelle obama and chelsea clinton, and they are placing an ad in texas, which has not voted for a democrat since 1976, which jimmy carter. some are concerned that expanding the electoral map would take the focus away from the key battleground states where they are still struggling.
10:34 pm
new polls show hillary clinton six points ahead in pennsylvania, 47-41, four points, only four points ahead in florida, and a new cnn poll in north carolina shows hillary clinton one point ahead. but in ohio, a quinnipiac poll shows hillary clinton and donald trump tied at 45. and the cnn poll shows donald trump four points ahead there. and with 21 days left for the presidential campaign war room, joining us is jim messina, the former manager for obama. and he's the co-chair of the super pac priorities. go big or beat out the battleground victories, where do you come down on this? >> go big, baby. in 2008 and 2012, the obama campaign went big. we tried to win states that
10:35 pm
everyone thought we were crazy. in 2008, we went after virginia, which hadn't gone democratic in a generation, and now that state is so purple that donald trump pulled out of it last week and gave it to hillary clinton. so i think the state of arizona is a state that i spent more time thinking about arizona in 2012 when we just couldn't make the play there. it looks like the clinton campaign has decided to do that. i think it's really important to the democratic party and her campaign, too, because she's trying to stretch donald trump's resources. he's starting to plug holes he never thought he'd have to plug, like in utah. mitt romney beat us by 48% in utah. and now he's tied. he's got to stop these holes springing up in his boat. and i think the clinton campaign's doing exactly what they should do, and that's go big.
10:36 pm
>> hillary clinton, latest poll, 39, donald trump 37, that comes against a backdrop of john mccain abandoning donald trump in arizona, so you look at that and you would place that bet for hillary clinton. donald trump is trailing with latino voters by 50 points nationally. mitt romney got 29% of latino voters. trump's now at 17. he's doing barely better than that in arizona. if you're the clinton campaign, you say go for it. i think it's crucial, the combination of the opportunity in arizona and the hemorrhage being in women and latino votes means they're going to take a shot of it. >> how much would you think the rigged election would get in your head? would you say i'm sticking to my game?
10:37 pm
>> you know, i think whatrump is saying is just another silly thing that you can't worry about it. in the war room, as you know better than anyone, you stay focussed on your plan. that is why expanding the map makes sense. >> the only thing that is rigged here is donald trump. and he has no chance to get to an electoral math victory right now. so what he's trying to do is change the debate and talk about anything other than his failing candidacy. the guy doesn't know how to admit defeat. but on november 8th, he's going to get a whole bunch of it. we're going to take a quick break, but we have one more thing, what we've learned about early voting, why not all early votes are equal. there's a lot that we've learned about this, especially in the example of north carolina. i want to come back and go
10:38 pm
through that quickly. we'll be right back with jim messina.
10:39 pm
10:40 pm
10:41 pm
campaigns are learning a lot about early voting, and it seems that maybe the obama campaign had to learn it the hard way. president obama won north carolina in 2008 and then lost it in 2012. and one of the reasons he lost north carolina to mitt romney is that the republicans seem to have done a much more sophisticated job of turning out early voters. while the obama campaign was working the phones and urging anyone to vote early, the republicans targeted their early voting campaign at people who were actually not likely to vote, not likely to vote on election day. they basically turned potential non-voters into romney voters, while the democrats were simply switching the time when their voters were going to vote from election day to some earlier day. think were simply redistributing the timing of those early votes. here's how mitt romney's north carolina state director explained it.
10:42 pm
by the turning out voters out early, you are only playing a shell game for positive media stories. instead, we have to turn out people who might not vote on election day. jim, what do you make of that? early voting turns out to be a trickier thing for campaigns to manage than we thought. >> i think it's a trickier thing for democrats. we have younger voters who voted a smaller percentage. some minority groups like latino voters. so democrats do have tfocus on our base more than republicans do. that's just part of our game. >> when you look at the way early voting is being managed this year in the clinton campaign, are there lessons learned four years ago that will make it a more sophisticated process this time? >> i think robby mook, who has taken my place has gotten this
10:43 pm
to a t. he realized he couldn't win. you look at north carolina, the state you and i were talking about and hillary clinton's performing several points above where the obama campaign was. you look at states like florida, where the numbers look really good as well. so these are really important strategic decisions, and you've got to go straight at it. it is why trump bleeding women voters is such a big opportunity for the clinton campaign. they like to vote early, and the clinton campaign has gone straight after them and tried to get them to early vote e and -- and the clinton campaign is doing a stellar job here. >> what about that republican technique of trying to turn
10:44 pm
non-voters into early voters? is there a way that, is there something democrats can learn from that? >> well, look, i think in every election cycle you learn something from the last one. i think what is true is donald trump has said repeatedly to you and everybody else, he doesn't believe in big data. he doesn't believe in targeting and just in his twitter feed in the middle of the night. the clinton campaign has invested millions and millions in a ground game that allows you to turn your vote out and target swing voters. and i think that's exactly what the clinton campaign has done. you know this, lawrence. on the ground, in these states where you and i both are, there is no trump campaign on the ground. and to actually turn voters out, especially swing voters, you have to have a campaign, a real ground operation, and that's just not therefore the trump campaign. >> jim messina, thanks very much
10:45 pm
for joining us, really appreciate it. >> my pleasure. coming up, you know when donald trump hates what he's watching on tv, because he always tweets what he's watching on tv, which means he probably, i don't now, missed "family guy" last night. we're going to give donald trump another chance to see "family guy" on the trump bus. that is next.
10:46 pm
10:47 pm
10:48 pm
in last night's episode "family guy" got on the bus with donald trump. >> hey, thanks for letting me ride on the bus with you. you want to have locker room talk? >> i loved on her. >> that's not locker room talk. long you didn't try to [ bleep ] her. have you ever thought of being president?
10:49 pm
>> i moved on her very heavily. i took her out furniture shopping. >> lovitz. >> i couldn't get there, and she was married. she's got the big phony [ bleep ]. she's totally changed her look. >> it is 2005, everything's changing, which reminds me, i have this idea for twitter, where crazy people can bash ladies and minorities at 3:00 a.m. and also uber, i invented this if you're listening to this in the future. >> i have some tic tacs in case i start kissing her. >> that's the cheapest breath mint. i thought you were a billionaire. >> it's like a magnet. and when you're star, they let do you it. you can do anything. >> what, like grab them by the hand? >> grab them by the [ bleep ]. >> oh, my. >> do anything. >> down below, pull the handle. >> he can't open it, because he has tiny hands. >> tiny hands.
10:50 pm
the obama administration believes wikileaks is now the favorite tool of vladimir putin's hackers who have now stolen e-mails from the clinton campaign. how does wikileaks do it? that's next. how does wikileaks do it? what muscle strain? advil makes pain a distant memory nothing works faster stronger or longer what pain? advil. like their photo claims tool. it helps settle your claim quickly, which saves time, which saves money. and when they save, you save. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance, an allstate company. click or call. esurance does insurance a smarter way, which saves money. like bundling home and auto coverage, which reduces red tape, which saves money. and when they save, you save. coverage, that's home and auto insurance for the modern world. esurance, an allstate company. click or call.
10:51 pm
start the interview with a firm handshake. ay,no! don't do that! try head & shoulders instant relief. it cools on contact, and also keeps you 100% flake free. try head & shoulders instant relief. for cooling relief in a snap.
10:52 pm
how does wikileaks do it? how do they get the information they get and how do they make it public? that has changed significantly since wikileaks began in 2006. their latest release includes a large trove of e-mail from john podesta. earlier this month, homeland security and national intelligent said that they are confident that the russian government directed the recent compromises of e-mails. those e-mails reveal some of what hillary clinton had to say in her paid speeches to goldman sachs, as well as some strategic decisions made by the clinton campaign. one of the stolen e-mails
10:53 pm
apparently shows clinton campaign manager robby mook changing his mind on whether the clinton campaign should accept donations from lobbyists who represent foreign countries. after multiple e-mails over four days from senior staff members, making different points, robby mook wrote, so in a complete u-turn, i'm okay with just taking the money and dealing with any attacks. we invited robby mook to join us tonight. we told the campaign we wanted to ask him what changed his mind about taking those contributions. robby mook declined to appear. joining us now, someone who has studied the history and processes of wikileaks, josh singer who wrote the film about julian assange and wikileaks.
10:54 pm
josh, you studied wikileaks from the ground up and apparently, they have technical abilities and systems in the early years that they don't have now. is wikileaks just julian assange alone in a room now? >> wikileaks started as a whistle blowing organization. their whole drive was to present, was to have a submission platform where whistle-blowers could anonymously give information that would expose corruption. you know, they did some great work early on. they exposed corruption in a bank, people who were not paying their taxes. >> donald trumps. >> exactly. that's kind of person they would have gone after back in the day. you know, there was a big mutiny at wikileaks right around the time of the american data dumps, when they released the iraq war
10:55 pm
logs, the u.s. diplomatic cables, where i think certain people in the organization suddenly didn't feel that this is what they should be doing. this was not their mission. >> because they wanted to filter that release more carefully? >> they wanted to filter that release more carefully and there was the bigger question of what are we doing? is this really whistle blowing? after all, could you maybe argue that private manning had knowledge of the stuff going on in iraq and the iraq war logs is a whistle blowing release, but the diplomatic cables, what did she have real knowledge of when this came to that. so just sending out big troves of data without really fitering it, how is that whistle blowing. so what happened at that point which is very interesting, key members of assange's team basically destroyed his submission platform, so they don't have a proprietary system
10:56 pm
for protecting whistle blowers. so how does assange get his information now? i suppose he gets it from people hack information who don't care where he got his information like perhaps the russian government. >> your reaction to our government's assertions based on their information that they believe that this is basically russian government hackers obtain this stuff, hand it to wikileaks? >> again -- >> hand it to julian assange. >> if you look at the leaks, they had a ton in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, they go quiet. and suddenly in the last year or two they've had all these leaks about the nsa and the democratic party, where do we think those are coming from? the other thing that bothers me akileaks says it is trying to put out political or
10:57 pm
historically important documents that are censored or suppressed. i don't know how john podesta's e-mails fit into that description. it seems like they're very far away from the mission they started out at. >> josh singer, also former writer for that tv show called "the west wing", is that what they call it? >> that's what they call it. >> we'll be right back.
10:58 pm
10:59 pm
a message to putin? >> we're sending a message. we have the capacity to do it -- >> they'll know it. >> they'll know it, and it will be at the time of our choosing and under the circumstances that have the greatest impact. >> so a message is going to be sent. will the public know? >> i hope not. >> that was joe biden on yesterday's "meet the press", and imagine for a moment donald trump in that kind of interview situation trying to be revealing of some things but circumspect and careful.
11:00 pm
hard to imagine. msnbc's live coverage continues into "the 11th hour" now with brian williams. donald trump tonight firing up the crowd in wisconsin with new accusations of a rigged election and voter fraud. the new firestorm over hillary clinton's e-mails, allegations of a deal between the fbi and the state department tonight. we'll look at what really happened. and melania trump breaks her silence and doesn't believe the women speaking out against her husband calling it an organized effort against him. "the 11th hour" begins now. and good evening from our headquarters here in new york. with 21 days left to go until we elect the next president, with hillary clinton off the trail preparing for wednesday's debate, tonight donald trump was back at it back in front of a friendly crowd at a rally in wisconsin. his first visit there since paul

30 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on