Skip to main content

tv   Today  NBC  December 8, 2015 10:00am-11:00am EST

10:00 am
this is "today" with kathie lee gifford and hoda kotb live from studio 1a in rockefeller plaza. turn it up, hoda. >> hello, everybody. it s
10:01 am
and this s is the new sugarland. >> yes, and this is jennifer nettles with uses, and she going to be in the new dolly parton movie. >> and if you are looking for something new for christmas table. >> and she plays dolly's mother? >> yes, when dolly was 8-year-old girl. >> and look no further than the hgtv chip and joe hanna gaines. >> the dyi thing. >> and if you are looking for a dish, we have one over there. >> look at how beautiful she is. >> and looking so festive, joy philbin. >> in the season, i drag out the red dress. >> you are so teeny that is incredible.
10:02 am
>> and i have to work at it, and i don't look so teeny standing next to you. how tall are you? >> 5'4". >> and the organization -- >> yes and joy and frank were at our house about a week before frank passed away. >> and that is a very memorable day that day. >> and we made a lot of memories over the 30 years, didn't we, honey? >> yes, and it is a beautiful book. >> and a new baby name for kim and kayne. and i i know that you have been wait waiting for it, but we will share it with you anyway. >> it is it is a. >> it is a. that mew usic is going to be playing every time somebody says the baby's name. do you like it? >> they are creative people, and
10:03 am
parents name their children of course, but i wish i could tell that joke. >> no. >> it is a funny one. >> it is a no. >> and it is a funny one, and ri will tell you in the commercial break, and it is unplooeable, but it is the child that has to live with their name the whole life and you should think about that as well. and remember, are regis used to say, kote an cassidy, what is it a freaking wild west show. >> he used it in every show. >> yes. >> and saint. saint's initials will be s.w. >> and there is all kinds of
10:04 am
>> it is not hard to know who is going to be the favorite in that family, north or saint. >> and now, some throw bax on instagram. >> yes. take a look. it's just happy hanukkah. happy hanukkah happy hanukkah to you it's just ap pi hahn a happy hanukkah >> oh, my gosh, it looks just like amy in that po i have. >> yes. she is still with that beautiful face. >> and now, here is what happened, people in one office building across the street
10:05 am
"hello from the other side." so they responded with this post." >> i must have called a thousand times. >> and now a different office was involved. >> to tell you i'm sorry. >> and then they posted "for everything that i've done." >> how long is the song, because this could go on for a long time. >> and isn't that amazing. >> i have not heard the whole song yet. >> you haven't! with angry people, hoe d.a.? and the holidays can bring out people. who is being irrationally angry and what is your response, like someone on the street or nearby. >> give us an example of where you were? >> i go to this cheap place that has cheap massages for $15.
10:06 am
all around. >> how much do you love hoda. >> and so. >> i was there with my face in the doughnut. >> which one? >> that one. and the room that he walked in was angry because the room that he wanted and they are not rooms, but shower curtained area. and why aren't we doing mine over here. and he said, you people are stupid stupid, first you thought that i was to be here tomorrow, and it is today and you feel stew upid. you are all stupid. and you know when you could peel the jugular vein. and you know when you are close, but -- >> you were getting steamed. >> yes, and it ruined my $50 massage. and you know when you give
10:07 am
think that it works but it doesn't. >> and what about somebody who walks in and starts to belittle somebody so abrasively and doesn't care one iota what you think of them. you just wouldn't act that way -- >> well, time.com says to reremind yourself that angry people are having a bad day and you shouldn't let it affect you. >> and they are chronic, and mad about it. >> and i still didn't say anything, and why didn't i? because i didn't say anything. >> and the older i get, the more i speak. >> you always speak. >> i do, but i didn't always. and it is not my place, and blah, blah, blah. and joy, if somebody is really rude, do you get involved? >> well, i'm afraid, because you hear the stories that people just pull out a gun and shoot you if they don't like what you are saying. >> thank you for that, joy. >> that is good.
10:08 am
you. cocktail parties. >> yes, joy, you are right. you are right. let's not go few path. christmas." >> all right. did you know that a donkey could smile. picture? that. but this donkey is rescued from the flood waters this week, and find out -- smiling. smiling and the little -- >> ah. >> and it was rescued and the rescuer posted on facebook. and so, they named him mike. >> well, it after one of the rescuer s rescuers, but that is not mike well, it could be, but you never
10:09 am
>> we can't show the john stamos picture. >> well, you have to check it out. >> and it is everywhere. >> because you have to pay for it. >> that's it, $50. [ laughter ] >> all right. we have been looking for regis all over the the studio, and johanna, i didn't know if you know this, but we have named our elf on the shelf regis. >> oh, where is he? >> well shgs , our friends find him. and christine found him. >> one thing the at a time. and don't rush us. >> sent this picture of the dogs echo and ember spotting regis. >> where was he? >> he was on the clean nex box. >> in the christmas tree. >> are we never know where he is. keep your eyes peeled. apparently at the last minute we paid the $50 and we got the john stamos picture. >> oh, come on. don't look at that. >> no, the ribbon should be up and down.
10:10 am
that part, the plumber part. >> we are not allowed. >> well, we want our $50 back, because it is not -- >> the point is that he is very fine derriere. >> and "paper" magazine who did that kim kardashian picture of kim kardashian holding the the martini on her derriere, we want to see it, because we will compare the two. >> and it is not you, but me. >> and what your man really means and thinks. >> and it is our men who tell all. >> and grammy winner jennifer all: milk! milk! milk! milk! milk! okay! fun's over. aw. aw. thirsty? they said it would make me cool. they don't sound cool to me. guess not. you got to stick up for yourself, like with the name your price tool.
10:11 am
aren't you lactose intolerant? this isn't lactose. it's milk. with ingredients like roasted hazelnuts and cocoa, there's a whole lot of happy in every jar of nutella.
10:12 am
drama? sometimes i like to push it. new push up drama mascara from maybelline new york our unique cup shaped bristles... cup and coat... for volume so lifted. it's our most dramatic, pushed up lashes. maybelline's push up drama make it happen.
10:13 am
success successful singing artist who is one a half of the band sugarland. >> and she saw her album go the all of the way to numeral uno. >> and now she is acting in the movie about dolly parton called "a coat of omany colors." >> and jennifer plays young dolly's mom. >> hello. good morning. i love being here. >> and we love that you are being something new, and creative people have to stretch it once in a while. >> shake it up. >> and shake it up, sister. how did it come to you? >> it came through my agent and she said, dolly parton and i said yes, and that s is how it goes. anything that dolly does, and i was with the reading and i was lucky enough to get the part, and dolly gave the thumb's up. >> and you grew up acting? >> well, i did theater and i had an opportunity to re-enter this year on "chicago." >> absolutely.
10:14 am
full-length feature, movie to do. >> and how did you prepare for the reading, because it must have been unnerving. >> well, i love the story telling and the performing art, and the reading was not as much as a preparation, but for the role, i did get to dig in a little bit about dolly and her mom and her relationship. >> and she remembers everything. >> everything. >> she is an encyclopedia, that woman. >> yes. >> and what about her mom? >> well, the script is there and it is fantastic, but it is to be interpreted, was she serious and funny? >> she was all of those thing, and i will put it to you this way, my mama was me without all of the glitter. >> wow. and our friend sam haskell produced it. >> yes, precious. >> and cody saw it the other night, and my son was at the screening, and he said it is fantastic. >> i love that, good. >> and everybody is going to love it. >> i think so.
10:15 am
everybody in it. >> i am excited because there is an adorable young girl who we love. >> i wonder who we are talking about. >> olivia alvin lynn. >> come on out. >> nice to meet you. >> and you look so good. >> i can't handle it how cute. >> and you are wearing the real coat of many colors from the movie. >> it is the coat of many colors from the movie. >> and can we show a clip of you just to get an idea? >> yes, sure. >> okay. let's take a look at a clip. >> little dolly in the movie. woo-hoo. how's that! so you get the part, and i'm so hon honor and flattered. >> oh, my god. >> how exciting was that moment. >> and how exciting that you found out. did you think that you might have it? >> well, i was blown away, i was
10:16 am
my mind was totally blank. i was thinking basically about anything, but i was thinking about that moment was out of my mind. >> and how old are you by the way? >> 8. >> 8 years old, because you seem like a wise soul. have you been told that wise beyond your years. >> and ears. was it a fun project? it was so much fun. and the part that dolly will had like 12 kids, and so to get all of the kids on set, and jennifer is so, so sweet. >> you could be her daughter. the resemblance there >> and she is a lovely lovely young lady. >> and you have been doing this all your life, and you are not new to the business, right? >> no, she has way more experience. >> i have been doing it since i was 3 years old. >> is that your mom over there? >> right there. >> and the one that looks like barbie. >> step out here, too. come step out and say hello,
10:17 am
able. you have to be so proud of her. >> she is my angel. >> it is one degree of fun. >> we worked together. >> and i don't know if you could hear it, but oh, my gosh. >> barbara was there on set everyday obviously with ali, and it is also the wrangler of all of the moms, and because there were so many kids, she is the best. >> we have to scoot. and so excited, and you k can e stay. >> and "coat of many colors" premiers this thursday at 9:00/8:00 p.m. central. >> and he can fix your home, but
10:18 am
chip gaines will
10:19 am
this time. yeah ok not too quick don't let go until i say so. i got you... start strong with the lasting energy of 100% you're doing it! whole grain quaker oats. and off you go. fact. when emergency room doctors choose an otc pain reliever for their patients muscle, back and joint pain. the medicine in advil is their #1 choice. nothing is stronger on tough pain than advil. relief doesn't get any better than this. advil. at hillshire farm, spice is the spice of life. that's why our craftsmen season every sausage perfectly. so you can coax out great flavor effortlessly. hillshire farm. because
10:20 am
do you wish that your guy would help you out more without having to ask?
10:21 am
last nerve. >> and the hunkie panel is here, and the guy of all mir gin, and the father of four and star of hgtv chip gaines. >> and married with three sons. >> and a ak ctor and comedian. >> you have a new show? >> a podcast. check it out. >> and the divorced dad. >> a bachelor who final ly ly put a ring on it. bob guinea. picture? >> yes, she stuffed cake in my face. >> and we go across the street. >> i'm heidi from houston, texas, and i'm wondering if you have a small dog and a big dog and shares your pillow. is that a dealbreaker? are talking about the >> in the bed.
10:22 am
>> yes, real dogs in the bed. >> who shares the pillow, the maul dog or the big dog. >> the big dog shares the pill pillow, and the the small dog is in between the covers. >> if you love the girl, accept the dog. i went out with someone who had a dog, and she is said, i don't sleep with dogs, but now i sleep with dogs. >> and that is just him. >> rim shot. and is it delusional to expect my husband to help out once in a while around the house without me asking? >> yes. >> and what about the deal if he is is not doing it voluntarily? >> well, once certain things get set in stone, it is hard to break them. you have to pick the battles. i think that as we said before, i know that my wife is not very
10:23 am
if she washes the disheses, whatever comes out, it is what i accept. i and i will rewash it, and it is useless to have are a fight about the dish, because it is not her thing. >> and he not doing it voluntarily? >> i agree with the boys, once you start volunteering things, it is like, where does it stop? >> there you go. >> you to draw the line somewhere. >> and most of us are willing to do what we ask us to do, but we won't offer. >> and we don't want to be yelled at when we are wrong, we'd rather you tell us. that is what i am learning in the new relationship. it is working out. >> do you have a wedding date? >> no, we don't have one yet, but we are woshg rking on several options. >> okay. >> do we have time to go back across? >> no. >> we will take a break and come back with more questions for the guys sticking around. >> and then chip is going to join the better half, and i
10:24 am
the buzz. >> and joy has an easy pasta dish right from the book "good gifts." >> and it is karl, don't you have friends coming over? yeah, so? it stinks in here. you've got to wash this whole room are you kidding? wash it? let's wash it with febreze. for all the things you can't wash, use... ...febreze fabric refresher whoa hey mrs. webber inhales hey, it smells nice in here and try pluggable febreze... ...to continuously eliminate odors for... ...up to 45 days of freshness pluggable febreze and fabric refresher... ...[inhale + exhale mnemonic]... ... , two more ways to breathe happy drama? sometimes i like to push it. new push up drama mascara from maybelline new york our unique cup shaped bristles... cup and coat... for volume so lifted. it's our most dramatic, pushed up lashes. maybelline's push up drama make it happen. maybelline new york. for a short time, only one place will have this season's best deal. it's applebee's. introducing the taste the change menu for $10. with dishes like crispy chicken, brisket enchiladas,
10:25 am
get a taste before it's gone. the taste the change for $10 menu. only at applebee's. the snow is starting to fall... and all the decorations are just right. the presents have all been opened... and our loved ones are gathered all around. so share that extra joy in your heart... and make this christmas even more special than the last. walmart has everything you'll need for a christmas meal they'll never forget. share wonder every day.
10:26 am
you'd be surprised how easy it is to get a good low-cost health plan! you might even get help paying for it! go to nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777
10:27 am
it is boozeday tuesday and we are back with the guys who are ready to tell all. >> and newly married to hgtv and host chip gaines. >> and our guy s that s that are so sad. >> and allegedly bob guinea. >> and we don't know fit is really true. let's go across the street. >> and hey, i'm jennifer hemsly from union hills, north carolina, and my question is how do you get your husband on board after 27 years to get your goals accomplished. >> my goodness, 27 years and
10:28 am
i would say it is hard to get him on board for 27 years. >> and clearly, whatever you are doing now, it is working great and stay the course. >> i am lucky to get to 27 weeks. >> 27! you have accomplished the goal i would think of staying together. right? >> i would say whatever it is, you sit down and have a very serious and open and heart felt but without any anger and re resentment, and this is what i really like to dand then you turn it back around and you say, what do you think that you can do to help us to get this, and hear what he has to say. >> do you agree, chip? >> very good. >> and what about if you were naked? >> running through butt naked will work for everything. >> goals, dishes, they answer to all of those problems. >> and carolyn says, i want to know what it means "it is not you shgs you, but it is me." >> it means it is you.
10:29 am
>> and that is probably true, right right? >> yes. >> back across the street. >> hi, i'm andrea from virginia beach. i wanted to noe know what guys really want from their women for christmas? >> well, we talked about it. >> well, that is always the answer, what do you really want, and people think it is s eshgs xshgs xsex. and you are supposed to to be giving me sex all of the time, and don't keep me out on christmask because you want to substitute sex. i want 40 inch tv >> and sometimes it is not about the sex and the hunt and the chase, and sometimes it does not end in sex, but you r are from the chase. >> that is my story. cribed my next story. after you have run after the naked then i'm exhaust and pass out. >> yes, i'm 40. >> you guys are do doing it wrong then.
10:30 am
that is what i am saying. >> socks and drawers, too, for christmas. >> you are the only person. >> i have never ever heard anybody say that. >> i want to buy it for myself, and you say, well, i can wait. and i keep waiting and the next thing that you know every single last pair has holes in the same place at the same time. >> and men don't like to buy underwear for themselves. >> and i have been with this man for # 1 years, and he is starting to irritate me. he calls me everything but my name. and the two are lover and sweetie and i asked him to stop. it looks like i crushed his world. i mow he means well, but help me. >> and honestly, this happens. and honestly, this has happen ed to me. he has forgotten your name. >> i knew you were going to say that. >> it happens at # 11 years you look up, and say, who the hell is that? >> oh, my. >> and you give him a list of
10:31 am
>> and what is really going on there? lover is a wonderful thing to be to somebody, but sweetie. those are ren dearment. >> and trying to get a different feel in the relationship, and trying to, you know. >> trying to make her romantic, but i hate to say it, it is not mim, and what she is not dealing with, there is is resentment that she is harboring towards this man that she is not recognizing and now she is mad when she hears honey, and sweetie and honey, and it is like when somebody chews with their mouth open, but when you don't like them, it really brothers you. so a lot of information is really missing. >> e yes, and i don't know how she is saying lover and sweetie. >> yes. sorry, guys, always fun, but it is over. >> and if you have a question for the panel, go to klgandhoda.com and post it there.
10:32 am
with an easy and tasty we're only human. we rely on our courage. the kind of courage that shows up when we need it... and when cancer is least expecting it. courage. just one reason more of us are surviving cancer than dying from it. give now to the american cancer society. and off you go, and off you go, and off you go, for every step, every stride, every start, begin strong with the lasting energy of 100% whole grain
10:33 am
and off you go. toys" r" us has the most awesome toys... like us yeah, i bet we get snatched- guess i'll pick up where he left off... i bet we get- as he was saying, i bet yeah, wassup? get $10 off your $50 purchase of barbie dolls play sets and accessories online and in our
10:34 am
lips appear to age faster than other skin. no worries. now, there's new chapstick total hydration. its 100% natural, age defying formula is clinically proven to provide healthier, more youthful looking lips. chapstick put your lips first i have asthma... ...one of many pieces in my life. so when my asthma symptoms kept coming back on my long-term control medicine, i talked to my doctor and found a missing piece in my asthma treatment. once-daily breo prevents asthma symptoms. breo is for adults with asthma not well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. breo won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. breo opens up airways to help improve breathing for a full 24 hours. breo contains a type of medicine
10:35 am
from asthma problems and may increase the risk of hospitalization in children and adolescents. breo is not for people whose asthma is well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. once your asthma is well controlled, your doctor will decide if you can stop breo and prescribe a different asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. do not take breo more than prescribed. see your doctor if your asthma does not improve or gets worse. ask your doctor if 24-hour breo could be a missing piece for you. see if you're eligible for 12 months free at mybreo.com. why let someone else have all the fun? the sometimes haphazard, never boring fun. the why can't it smell like this all the time fun. the learning the virtue of sharing fun. why let someone else have all the fun? that's no fun.
10:36 am
give it a pop. if you are throwing a holiday party, nothing sets the mood like a warm and inviting dinner table. and is so we brought in -- >> chip and johanna gaines. >> the king and the queen of home makeovers and on the hit show "fixer upper" they take rundown older properties and turn them into gorgeous living spaces with chip's construction of the houses, and johanna's eye for design and it is all done on a budget. >> i could watch that for hours. >> they have created a wonderful holiday table with festive touches that make a big statement. and merry christmas. >> do you throw big parties at your house? >> yes. >> we have a big family and we have lots of family and friends around. >> and you can imagine that the table a alone is set for our
10:37 am
and the aunts and uncles. >> great. >> and so when we walk d ed in the overall vibe. >> and it is simple and not too much. >> when you are hosting, it is stress fl stressful the idea that you are to cook, a san diego the table needs to be something h that you do, but you are not stressed out about. so i always start with the place setting. i love to have unique chargers, and it is about layering. >> are those wooden? >> they are wooend chargers from pier 1. >> great stuff there. >> and you start to layer. >> yes, and i wanted to define each space, so i got some branches at the the local florist, and you can cut these from the backyard. >> yes, i get them every morning as i am out there cutting in the landscape, and it does not have to be perfect. and the mag mole ya leaf and we got them from the farm, and it can be shrubs or any hawthorne that you have out there >> and it smells beautiful, too, the pine. >> yes, and now that you have the greenery.
10:38 am
obviously, you set the plates, and the napkin is what breaks it up. i love do the red plaid for christmas, because it is classic. >> always. >> and if you like the clean look, chip can show you. >> johanna showed me this. >> wait, wait. >> don't question. in. >> and it is upside down though. >> perfect. there you go. >> and i do that and put it in the wine glass. >> i love that. >> i didn't know that. >> that because you don't come to under which is a lot. >> and this is enter spees under $50, and what i love is that you cut the greens and wherever you go to get your christmas tree -- >> and i'm okay. all right. i threw out my back. >> it is the napkin. >> that is what i do, pretend to be injured. >> and the pines, and you incorporate the magnolia leaves, and then you put in the voeties,
10:39 am
burn these, you put water in there so that the wax won't be stuck to the votives. >> and the vases are all filled with water? >> yes, and dumbp in the cranberries. >> dump it in, hoda. just like that. excellent excellent. working lady. >> and now, the floating candles, and flop them in, and that is it. simple and toning and under $50. >> that oclever. that is a smart idea. d did you really throw your back out? >> no, i just say so. i did it in an episode and we had nurses all over to the country talking about heart conditions that i might have. it just an out of shape joke. >> and in is a beautiful table. >> and what is ra real are s is really is ber tain ing taining. and we forget the whole meaning of the gathering of the community of the people around >> and the memory. >> thank you, guy s s, so much.
10:40 am
you can catch "fixer upper" tonight on hgtv >> and now to serve something on that beautiful table that you have just my moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis made a simple trip to the grocery store anything but simple. so finally, i had an important conversation with my dermatologist about humira. he explained that humira works inside my body to target and help block a specific source of inflammation that contributes to my symptoms. in clinical trials, most adults saw 75% skin clearance.
10:41 am
almost clear in just 4 months. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. ask your dermatologist about humira. because with humira clearer skin is possible. this holiday, give the gift of ferrero rocher. ferrero rocher...
10:42 am
at applebee's, when you give a gift card... you get a mystery bonus card up to $25 of your own. which is a nice surprise since most gifts don't give the gift-giver a gift just for gift giving. it's a little gift from us, at applebee's. drama? sometimes i like to push it. new push up drama mascara from maybelline new york our unique cup shaped bristles... cup and coat... for volume so lifted. it's our most dramatic, pushed up lashes. maybelline's push up drama make it happen.
10:43 am
gloo in celebration of the holidays our today food team has pulled a great recipe from kathie lee's book called "good gifts, one year in the heart of a home." >> this book is celebration of life, love, food and faith and of course, delicious recipes and some of them are from my dear friend joy philbin. >> and she is here to make one of regis's favorites, pasta a la regis. >> guess who named that pasta? michael gellman. i first cooked it on the live hoe, and let's go through the ingredient, because i know the time. and we have the broccoli and we are using the plimp today, and you can use the chick even if
10:44 am
these are bow ties and the very imple, and this is sun dried tomatoes. >> and stuff. >> and stuff. >> don't leave out the white stuff. >> and three gloves of garlic. >> and you know, you never would want to burn garlic. >> do you love to cook? >> i love the cook. >> really in. >> i love the to cook italian really, but i cook a lot of different things, but i like to cook up in the country, because my kitchen is fantastic. >> in the city -- >> it is not so great. but not like kathie lee's kitchen, have you seen her kitchen? >> i don't know where it is, but i hear that i have one fwlchlt you have a fabulous one. i saw you in there once. >> and as i said, you can use the chick eb strips in -- chicken strips. >> and in the book, you used chicken. >> yes. and i like that you mix it up. >> i tried y d
10:45 am
>> shrimp, and they took quickly. >> i will watch them, joy. >> and we are going to be removing the the shrimp and saute the brock coli flor rhetts, and cut them small enough so they all cook evenly. >> are we adding something? >> yes, the sun dried toe may itos. i love those. >> i do, too. >> and some red pepper flakes. >> just for a little flavor. >> right. not too much, and fresh chopped basil. is the stir that. >> what is this? >> a little wine. >> somebody said it. >> you are not supposed to say it, but thank you, joy. >> well, i just lost my voice. >> i will help you. >> and some chicken broth. i know that some people think that you shouldn't use like limp and i will tell you about -- to
10:46 am
hrimp, and i will tell you about that later, but you let the flavors blend. >> oh. >> and here we have the whole thing combined. isn't that delicious. >> it looks so good. >> i want to put in a half a pound, because i like a saucey pasta. this is a half a pound of cooked bow ties. >> got it. >> and if you need a little bit more liquid, you can take some from the water from the pasta, because it adds some thickness. >> okay. >> and you stir this up. and the little grated parmesan. >> that is it, baby. so delicious. hoda can't have -- >> well, here i will have one of these without the cheese. >> okay. thank you. >> and a bowl. >> and joy, this is looking delicious. >> why does regis call you baby joy? >> i don't really like that to tell you the truth. and i wish that kathie lee would stop calling me bay by joy. >> do you pree fer baby or
10:47 am
>> i don't know why resays that to me. >> because he adores you. >> and how long have you been married? >> well, 40-something years. i don't know how it happened. >> because you laugh. you laugh all of the time. >> and you know, regis is funny in the morning, and it is all downhill. he is used to the morning shows, and so he is at the best in the morn morning. >> if you want the recipe go to today.com/food and if you want the to purchase a gift, go to good gifts.org, and all of the profits will go to the salvation army. let's break $1 million, everybody.
10:48 am
>> let's have another bite. who doesn't like a good surprise? you'd be surprised how easy it is to get a good low-cost health plan! at ny state of health you'll find many quality plans to choose from, help paying for your plan, a new essential plan at less than $1 a day for new yorkers with lower incomes. be surprised! visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777 to learn more. enrollment for 2016 is happening
10:49 am
we are ringing in another toy drive, our 22nd annual, and
10:50 am
thanks to all of you. gh and we have partners with us, and like au bon who has been donating for 30 years. >> and in e hee, i -- in here, i have two young ladies -- >> open it up, because they may not be able to breathe. >> oh no. tell us how this happened? >> these young ladies have participated i n the workshop that held at the jcc in rockland, new york, and they came in with their parents today to be here. they very much love this workshop that they went through about girls empowerment, and they -- what was your favorite thing that you did? >> my favorite part was the self-defense, because it teaches you how the defend yourself. >> and yours? >> i liked meeting the other girls fwlchlt that is really
10:51 am
>> explain what you do for empowering women. >> well, we started the charity three years ago and raised thank pos the jen ros thanks to the generosity of the employees, we have are raised $300,000 and helped 90,000 teens. >> and you can go to the pop up store or donate online at k lshgs lg and hoda.com. >> and we will find out why andy
10:52 am
10:53 am
10:54 am
10:55 am
10:56 am
10:57 am
10:58 am
10:59 am

82 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on