Skip to main content

tv   Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace  FOX  January 8, 2017 9:00am-10:00am EST

9:00 am
>> chris: i'm chris wallace. the u.s. intelligence communities has been vladimir putin ordered a cyber attack to interfere in our presidential election and help donald trump win. as tension rises between the president-elect and the nations spy chiefs. >> i don't think that we've ever encountered a more aggressive or direct campaign to interfere in our election process. >> chris: today, incoming white house chief of staff reince priebus on it mr. trump's rocky relationship with the intelligence community. and the president-elect seems to find an ally and the founder of wikileaks. >> the notion
9:01 am
julian assigns on a pedestal. >> chris: we will ask house intelligence committee chair devin nunes about some conservatives embracing it. and mr. trump's plan to overhaul the nations spy agency. it's a "fox news sunday" exclusive. plus we will ask our panel about that horrific attack everyone is talking about. four blacks torturing a mentally disabled white man live on facebook. all right now on "fox news sunday" ." and hello again from fox news and washington. russian president vladimir putin wanted to block hillary clinton. that's the blunt assessment of u.s. intelligence it agencies on their effort to influence the 2016 election in donald trump's favor. an unclassified report now
9:02 am
released, carlos, president obama and president-elect to trump. in a moment we will get the trump team reaction from incoming white house chief of staff reince priebus. but first, let's bring in chief of staff intelligence with the latest. >> the reported strong language, the tone is authoritative. the essential finding is that russian president vladimir putin authorized a campaign to undermine the influence the u.s. democratic process. with the goal of damaging clinton and her chances of winning. the russians favor a donald trump victory. they are very confident that putin wanted to help mr. trump. this agency analyzes intelligence, and they are only moderately competent. they are linking them to julianna sean's and
9:03 am
wikileaks. julian assigns has consistently denied the connection. he said there is no evidence that the hacking elected, affected the results. >> it was a constructive and respectful dialogue. the president-elect has made it very clear that we are going to take aggressive action to combat the cyber attacks and protect the security of the american people. >> senior congressional leadership known as the gang of ables group say that they did not see the data. >> chris: police say an iraq war that asked yvonne santiago opened fire
9:04 am
gun. >> investigators have not ruled out terrorism the asked fbi's main office in alaska said that the u.s. intelligence had infiltrated his mind and forced him to watch propaganda videos. his mental state did not meet the legal standard, and his erratic behavior was not enough for the no-fly list. he now carries charges that each carry the possibility of death. >> chris: one of the people in the room when president-elect trump was briefed to disrupt the election was reince priebus, the incoming white house chief of staff, and welcome back to "fox news sunday." >> thank you chris. they laid out the full unclassified report to president-elect trump including you that russian
9:05 am
vladimir putin ordered a cyber attack to interfere with the election and eventually came to try to help donald trump. simple question: does the president-elect accept the finding and the evidence of the intelligence community q mack >> i think he accepts the findings, but here's the thing i think everybody needs to understand. when this whole thing started, it started from the russians 50 years ago. in other words, this is something that's been going on in our elections for many, many years, both the russians, the chinese, the iranians, it happens every election period. in this particular case, it started in 2015 before either nominee of either party was chosen, and it started, and this is declassified, as a spearfishing
9:06 am
there were many institutions. it just so happened that the dnc had nearly no defenses on their system, and when they were warned multiple times by the fbi they didn't respond, and so suddenly, you have a major political party, one of the biggest political parties in the world, that by their own admission lacked defenses, lacked training, and allowed a foreign government into their entire email system without responding to the fbi. so, yes, we have bad actors around the world. we have had bad actors including the russians, but we also have a problem one we have a major political institution that allows foreign governments into their system with hardly any defenses or training. that's a huge story, and that's what people are talking about as well. the one that's a fair point, and we should point out, there was
9:07 am
any way were able to get into the electoral system and tamper with the vote count, but on friday, hours before he had the briefing, donald trump said this was "a political witch hunt" so i just want to be very clear on two political points. never to this extent, never the hacking and dissemination of emails, and you could argue they were in some way complicit because of their weaknesses, we have never had this kind of dissemination before. it does he accept that the russians were behind this hacking campaign? yes or no? >> he's not denying that entities in russia were behind this particular campaign, but let me just respond to your point. you say never have we had such a massive -- yes, but here's what we have. we have the dnc as a
9:08 am
duck, so if you have a person -- wait a second, because it matters to your point. it matters because if the dnc allows any foreign entity into their system, here is 50,000 emails, you can have them. voila! now we have the biggest amount of emails in the foreign -- >> chris: who do you blame in this? who is the primary operative here? >> the primary entity, that is perpetrating the to begin with -- >> chris: which was? >> i'm not denying that. russia. but what i'm telling you is that we also have a situation where you have people at the dnc -- we ask you this. anyone listening out there, if you had multiple calls from
9:09 am
fbi and you said "by the way, chris, this is the fbi, i think someone is in your system stealing all your emails" and you ignore multiple multiple calls, they contacted the dnc in the same way. they didn't get into the system. when the fbi called the rnc is that we have a hacking situation, we brought them in immediately, and so granted we have bad actors around the world, and cyber attacks have been happening for years, but we also have an entity that's allowed a wide open door, a foreign government into their system. >> chris: i get that. one other question. does president-elect trump accept the evidence that he heard, does he find it persuasive, that putin's interest towards the end of the campaign was to help trump by discrediting clinton? >> i haven't asked him about that. he accepts the fact that russia and
9:10 am
cyber attacks on the united states all day long. he accepts the fact that this particular case was entities in russia, so that's not the issue. if you look at his statement, after he commends the intelligence community in the very first paragraph, he talks about the particular pack. he talks about the fact that the dnc was a sitting duck while at the rnc had its act together. he then says in the first 90 days of his administration, he is going to order a full report as to what we can do to be better. but one of the things we can do to be better is when the fbi calls you and says you have a problem, you return the phone call. >> chris: i want to ask about that, because he said yesterday that we want to have better relations with russia. if he accepts the fact that they, in an unprecedented way, try to interfere with our election does that mean he is
9:11 am
going to take action against russia? >> he very well, he's going to order the intelligence counitmmy to make recommendations, and the recommendations will be discussed and actions may be taken, but i don't think there's anything wrong with trying to have a good relationship with russia and other countries around the world, that's what the president is saying, that he is going to have good relationships around the world that will put america first, bring jobs back and make a safer across the globe. that's what he wants to do and that's what he will do. >> chris: i want to consider the question of the president-elect's relations, not with russia, but with the intelligence community. because he was a tweet that he put out on tuesday. the intelligence briefly on the so-called "russian hacking" was delayed until friday. perhaps more time needed to build a case. very strange. this was the reaction from national intelligence. >> i think there's a
9:12 am
between the skepticism and disparagement. >> chris: isn't that disparaging when the president-elect of the united states what's the word intelligence? >> and mr. klapper has also stated that there is no evidence that any of this changed the outcome of the election. here's what happened. the president of the united states, a week earlier, a few days earlier, took on an enormous and unprecedented sanctions against russia. we then it went into full gear to get an intelligence briefing on what the president knew that created that strong reaction, or what the briefing was that created that is sudden, strong reaction, and we were attempting to have that full-blown meeting on tuesday. >> chris: i'm not asking about the schedule. if i'm
9:13 am
put the word intelligence quote quotes? >> i'm getting to that. the reason he put it in quotes was that the intelligence briefly what was going to be on tuesday. turns out, that the report, which apparently was what created the obama reaction, wasn't going to be created until wednesday, and therefore the intelligence briefing in quotes was then going to be on tuesday, and then it was going to be on friday. so here we are having to react to these russian sanctions stories with the media and all of you folks, and you are a good one, chris. we were supposed to be reacting to something we had no ability to get a briefing on because the actual report wasn't on until wednesday. it's a frustrating situation and that's what the president-elect -- >> chris: but the relationship he has with the
9:14 am
community, what even clapper was saying. the president-elect it seemed to put more credibility to believe the founder of wikileaks over the intelligence community, and i want to put up another tweet that the president elected on wednesday. julian assange and said a year old could have hacked them, why was the dnc so careless? he also said the russians did not give them the info. reince, several years back, i don't have to tell you, julian assange published, disclosed, hundreds of thousands of classified documents and emails of that very much compromised the u.s. military in iraq and endanger the lives of hundreds of afghan informants helping the u.s. military. why did to the president-elect give any credibility to him? >> first of all, to your other point, he s
9:15 am
to the people in the intelligence community. statement on friday was the very first thing he said, he wanted to make it clear that everybody working hard in the interest of our foreign intelligence that he appreciates them very much. two of assange, thinks he's a good guy. he didn't say that he thinks he's a good guy. >> chris: why the credibility? >> the dnc was so lacking in any of their defenses, by their own admission. >> chris: we got it now. >> a 14-year-old could have gotten into the dnc. when you have staffers opening up emails that say i'm stranded in mali and i need $20,000. click on this link. and the dnc is clicking on these links. i've got to tell you something, no one thinks that assange is a great guy, i can assure you
9:16 am
is yes, bad for an actors, but it's also the dnc that has allowed itself to be hacked by about anyone in the world, and that is one of the reasons why this was such a big deal. i don't think anybody is talking about it. >> chris: i want to get into one must area, we are running out of time. has president-elect trump given up on trying to work with democrats? >> absolutely not. absolutely not. in fact -- >> chris: can i explain to why i'm i'm asking the question? >> sure. >> chris: i'm curious why he sent out to go tweets this week. one referring to clowns, and another the head clown. here's what vice president biden said this week. >> grow up. grow up. time to be an adult. your president. you've got to do something. show us what
9:17 am
>> chris: how do you respond to the vice president and why on earth call chuck schumer a clown? how was i going to help you? >> first of all, chuck schumer and president trump have a long, long relationship together. donald trump has helped chuck schumer in his run for senate. donald trump has had massive fundraiser for chuck schumer. they have a personal relationship. and i have to tell you, when senator schumer says he is going to allow the vacancy in the supreme court to take as long as he wants, and he's going to hold up cabinet secretaries and he's targeting eight of them when only just a few short years ago it was the democrats that were saying we needed to move swiftly to approve these cabinet secretaries. eight cabinet secretaries were approved before president obama on day one, and now they turn around and say they're going to drag their feet and put people through the ringer.
9:18 am
situation. >> chris: i think you're frustration. >> chris: we got less than a minute left. the office of government ethics announced this week that it has been unable to complete background ethics checks on the number of trump's nominees and said it's a great concern that these confirmation hearings are going to go forward before those background checks are complete. if senator schumer says you're trying to jam them through. given the statement by the office of government ethics, and he thought of delaying the confirmation hearings for any of these nominees until the background checks are complete? >> no. i have to get moving. they have to move faster, and they have all the information. if these are people that have been highly successful in their lives. they need to move quicker. they've been effective. there is no reason for the first week of january, they have all the details that need. if they have all the inforti
9:19 am
it's no different from any other new administration. the american people demanded, demand it. >> chris: a thank you for your time today. just 12 days until the inauguration. look forward to talking to you again. and speak out you thank you. >> chris: up next, devin nunes on u.s. intelligence officially blaming vladimir putin of ordering a cyber campaign to influence our presidential election. ♪ ♪
9:20 am
9:21 am
♪ ♪
9:22 am
beltway at the frozen tundra of lambeau field in green bay, wisconsin. the packers host the new york giants coincidently today on fox. now back to our big story. at the u.s. intelligence report that russian president vladimir putin ordered a campaign it to swing the election in donald trump's favor. joining me here in washington, the chair of the house intelligence committee, congressman devin nunes. welcome back to fox news sunday. >> great to be here in person. >> chris: before we get to that, let's talk first about the terrible attack in fort lauderdale where five people were killed, six people were wounded. any evidence that this is terro terror-related? >> clearly this person walked into the fbi, we know this now, and said he was watching isis videos. it's hard in these situations where somebody has a mental illness, and also was an isis
9:23 am
follower, and sometimes they can be intertwined. we have to let the fbi go through this and see if there is actually data or evidence to show that. >> chris: the big question people have is how did this happen, and could it happen again? should he have been on a no-fly list? should he have been allowed to carry a gun, put it in his baggage and take on the flight? >> this is the big problem the fbi faces. there's investigations going on in all 50 states with isis followers and people whose claim to isis followers. this case probably shouldn't have been closed. >> chris: do you think the fbi -- >> i think they would tell you that this is what they want. obviously they missed this one. >> chris: as chair of house intelligence, you receive the same classified report on
9:24 am
friday. any doubt in your mind that russian president putin directed this attack and at some point, not originally, but at some point, it became an effort to stop quinton and help trump? >> six months ago, i publicly came out and said this was the biggest intelligence failure since 9/11, our failure to understand latimer pollutants plans and intentions. so this has been going on for a long time. we've known that russia is a very sophisticated bad actor in the cyber realm. many members of congress, not just members of the committee, have been warning obama about russia's continued cyber attacks on this country, and they did nothing. so now, as you look forward, the recent election, and then it appears that they want to change this narrative into somehow that russia was responsible for hillary clinton losing the election. i just don't buy that.
9:25 am
very clear. there is no indication, despite russia's efforts, and the doesn't say this is why trump won and she lost. they try to do a campaign, and trump unfairly won the election. you say that mr. trump has to be tougher than president obama was in responding to cyber aggression, especially by the russians, but i want you to respond to this tweet, which i discussed with reince priebus. trump tweeted this on saturday. having a good relationship with russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. only stupid people, or fools would think that it's bad. this is his first reaction about getting his briefing about russians and the election. it doesn't sound like he was ready to clap down on them. >> and he wouldn't be the first president to try to have a relationship with putin.
9:26 am
don't forget that you have president obama, who got caught on a hot microphone talking about being more flexible after the election with vladimir, so clearly, three presidents have tried to be friends with putin. all three have failed, and i hope that donald trump, he has a lot more information going into this, and i've cautioned his administration because of putin, because i think he is a bad actor. it remains true. the fact of the matter is, we would like to be friends with the russians. i just don't know if it's possible. without a lot of experience with putin. he just doesn't seem to be a guy that we can work with. >> chris: we said you are not only had of house intelligence, you are also a member of the transition team, particularly in these very areas of national security, and i want to ask about the nomination of senator dan coats. russia invaded
9:27 am
he said this. in response, the kremlin banned him from traveling to russia, so what does the appointment a clear hardline, what does it say about this effort by president-elect trump and some of his team to believe that they can have a better relations with russia? >> as i said before, all presidents have been making this mistake. but i think you bring up a good point that dan is russia hock. donald trump is surrounding himself with very good people who understand the threat that russia poses. >> chris: he has done business with russia, and you have lieutenant mike flynn, the national security advisor who had dinner wit
9:28 am
there's a split inside the administration about russia. it >> like i said, this is not unusual for the administration to want to work with putin. all administrations have tried, going back to the first president quinton one putin was put into office. i think the news media is trying to blow this up -- the democrats are trying to blow this up, because they want to change the narrative of what happened in this election. i am not happy that this report, that we were briefed on, many news media outlets already have the release. this looks like a political narrative just a couple weeks before donald trump's inauguration. >> chris: by the intelligence community or the democrats? >> by the obama administration.
9:29 am
>> chris: it you the obama administration is trying to undercut trump? >> how else with the media have this information before it's briefed? >> chris: president-elect trump talks about tearing up the nuclear deal with iran that bob corker said this week, there's not going to be a problem. if there are in place against iran, and they have to meet some standards. and the key is to focus on the more immediate threat of north korea. the reaction. >> i think the iranian regime continues to be one of the largest funders of terrorism around the globe, and it has to be dealt with swiftly. i think the obama administration has been way too nice to them, who are essentially terrorists. if you look at north korea, this
9:30 am
people will look back as one of the major atrocities in world history. people are going to ask why did somebody not act? there are 20 million people living off o-- even glass and the roots and trying to stay warm in that country. you look at that country. it's one of the worst places i've ever seen. >> chris: we are going to run out of time. after north korea announced this week that it's in the final stages of developing a missile that could reach at least part of the united states, donald trump sent out this tweet in which he said at the bottom, it won't happen. talk about other presidents. we tried pressure on china, and it hasn't worked. what is donald trump going to do, if you have any sense, what is he going to do? >> this is another good example of a country, a nationstate that has conducted cyber attacks against the united states, where president obama did
9:31 am
so why are we not responding to north korea, they attacked this country, and leaked information nothing was done. >> chris: that's what we were kind of led to believe, that we took a cyber response. >> i don't know about that, but i can tell you this is a regime that has to be taken seriously. we have to be tough with them, and i think donald trump will be tough. >> chris: quick question. are you talking about military action? >> you never take that off the table, but we have a very large force in the region in south korea protecting the south koreans. i think japan and south korea have to be very concerned about these missiles and their nuclear capabilities. >> chris: would you urge them to start their own nuclear program? >> i would not. but we have to have a deterrent. the united states needs to be that deterrent. >> chris: devin
9:32 am
thank you. always good to talk with you, sir. coming up, we will discuss whether president trump can and should still try to establish better relations with the kremlin. plus, what you want to ask that panel about the terrible attack this week streaming live on facebook of four blacks torturing a mentally disabled white man? we may use your question on the air. and because we're a truecar certified dealership, i already know the truck he wants. so we're on the same page before he even gets here. -it's fair. -and it's fast. look good? looks great. this is how car buying was always meant to be. this is truecar. ♪♪
9:33 am
>> chris: it coming up, congressional republicans much more receptive to those russian intel findings than the trump transition team. >> every american should be alarmed by russian attacks on our nation. we hope to make 2017 a year of offense. >> chris: we will ask our sunday panel about the split
9:34 am
so, mr. harris, we have your fingerprints on the safe. a photo of you opening the safe. a post using the hashtag "#justrobbedthesafe" so, what are we supposed to think? switching to geico could save you a bunch of money on car insurance. excellent point. case dismissed. geico. because saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance woo! because saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance because saving fifteen percent always a great answer.rance always wins. woo! because saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance especially in my business. with slow internet from the phone company, you can't keep up. you're stuck, watching spinning wheels and progress bars until someone else scoops your story.
9:35 am
with high-speed internet up to 10 gigabits per second. you wouldn't pick a slow race car. then why settle for slow internet? comcast business. built for speed. built for business.
9:36 am
that, and i said this right after the election, a reminder that we are on the same team. vladimir putin is not on our team. >> chris: president obama giving his success for donald trump general advice for how to deal with the russian president after the report of kremlin interference in the election. laura ingraham, juan williams, julie pace, and michael needham, head of the conservative think tank. as i was discussing with reince priebus and with congressman nunes, there are several things, all of which can be true, that the russians did try to influence the campaign, that the democrats are trying to use it to delegitimize trump, and that the republicans won the election fair and square. >> i think he has
9:37 am
pragmatically, like he will handle the economy, eyes wide open. i think preibus it made the point of our cyber security the dnc, and our own government, it's been pathetic. we are way behind the curve on the cybersecurity. you will hear donald trump launched an entirely new initiative, and tell us what the government will do to beef it up. i've been in russia about seven times in the past five or six years. it does not surprise me in the least that russia tried to influence the election. this is what they do. it's what the military intelligence does over there. we've done the same thing in other countries. it doesn't make it right, doesn't make it good, but i think what we have to understand at this point is donald trump is going to be the president. the country is either going to improve and get united behind certain issues or not. in the democrats can hang onto
9:38 am
this. unless it results in better security for all of our citizens across the board. this report was five lasers long, declassified. we don't know if russia was trying to undermine hillary or help trump. we don't know exactly when the hacking really began or when the influence campaign began. we don't know if it's garden-variety propaganda. there are a lot of questions that remain. it should be taken seriously. but to hyperventilate, this means that trump is going to be a palsy-walsy with trump, i don't see that. >> chris: julie, i want to pick up on something i discussed with congressman nunes. this isn't the first president that is common and thinking he's going to get along and tame the russian bear. clinton did it, george w. bush did it. obama.
9:39 am
that they can turn a corner here, or will it all come to ashes as it did with his predecessors? >> we want to try to start new with russia. i think everybody generally agrees that it would be better if united states and russia had better relations. the question that i think trump has to grapple with here is less about what he's going to do to try and reprove relations, and what he's going to need putin to do. it does a lot about the obama administration not being tough enough, not acting quickly enough on hacking and cybersecurity. what are trump's measures going to be for putin? what does he have to do in terms of russians meddling in ukraine. that will be the larger question that will shape this relationship. >> chris: i want to turn dramatically to a score that everybody was horrified by and talking about this week, and that of course was the attack. you see it there, four blac
9:40 am
torturing a mentally disabled white man alive on facebook, and forcing him to say hateful things. here they are. >> donald trump. >> chris: juan, i'm not sure what to ask you accept how one earth can this happen? >> right. it's just shocking. it's primitive. it's savage. it really scares me that people can behave in this manner to each other and then put it on tape for broadcast. >> chris: on live. >> it was broadcast out. right. i think comment to me, it stirs up racial tensions. already hot from the campaign rhetoric about the mexicans and the women and all the rest. we live in a society now where immediately, the response, the strong response on line was to tie this into black lives matter. you see this in the white
9:41 am
nationalists incited by trump selection. black racism. does that legitimize acts of white racism. it becomes perverse. conversations about dylan roof. we didn't know about that. clearly there is something happening in the society that is deeply troubling on the level of race and difference, and the key here, the response, the people including our president-elect, to act. make it clear this is unacceptable. >> chris: we asked you for questions for the panel, and we got a lot of responses about this, including this on faceboo facebook. why isn't more important to focus on politics and the crime and race? it was a racial hate crime here to say the words, it's finally time to call it what it is. michael, how do you answer? >> i think this was the problem with hate crime legislation. what is problemat i
9:42 am
that you saw is that it is despicable, and it is the torturing of a mentally disabled person. and i think what juan was just saying, we shouldn't have hate crime legislation. we shouldn't have something that is worse than if you torture somebody because of race, the additional problem with hate crimes legislation is you are forcing people to say on tape why they are doing. many of these hate crimes cases, you are actually forcing the jury or the judge to get inside the mind of a depraved killer or torturer. we need to be looking at the crime that is committed, in all of these hate crimes, so-called hate crimes, and not putting people in jail because of their thoughts, but putting them in jail because of their actions. >> i think there's an added element, when you have people who are actions because of their
9:43 am
race, ethnicity, status, whatever. i think these people should be punished to the absolute llest extent of the law. >> somebody said i think it would be amusing to have a video on tv about this, that would have been less bad -- >> note, because it was a guy who was a friend, and he was mentally disabled. when you look at ruth killing black people in the church, it's the action that counts, but i think when you add the racial element into it, i think it does factor in. it's a legitimate factor. >> it's a great point we made about the aggravating factor. but, suite 24, we are all horrified by this. you mentioned white nationalists excited by trump. when you mentioned trump's comments about mexicans. this is just an evil act.
9:44 am
an effect on it, the black lives matter conversation. the mention of trump in the conversation about what they did, to me, it's completely off base. >> they mentioned trump. >> they mentioned him negatively. you are also mentioning him negatively. >> i don't think there is any question about the comments that donald trump made in his campaign. >> and none of it was affected at all by what barack obama has done. >> chris: you can all continue this conversation during our break. we need to take a break. when we come back, our sunday group gives us their predictions on all sorts of subjects for 2017. he won't want to miss this. >> announcer: starting monday, every week night, 9:00 is tucker time. nothing is off-limits. no no holds barred. >> i'm asking questions that i think you would ask.
9:45 am
taking up prime time to the next level, every weeknight, now at 9:00. don't miss tucker rlson tonight.
9:46 am
9:47 am
9:48 am
>> chris: we are now going to look at predictions for 2017. i want to talk with you, laura, because you had a good 2016, predicting a year ago. >> every single one of my petitions. >> the economy is going to bump along, the former president is going to skip the convention. anyway, politics, 2017. >> i think they will confirm the justice on the supreme court, and he will go down as a hero. perhaps comley of the utah supreme court. >> and the democrats will be able to block it. >> chris: julie. >> i actually made a new year's resolution to be less predictive about politics. my predictions did not go so well for a lot
9:49 am
and pundits for last year. at least in keeping in the spirits, i'm going to predict that it will be an incredibly unpredictable year in politics. >> chris: that, i predict will be the worst prediction. michael, help us out here. >> the media said republicans were wasting time trying to repeal obamacare. it will be repealed. they will do a great job managing the transition, and the american people will have access to better health care. >> chris: your production for politics? >> president obama will become a powerbroker inside the party. he has high approval ratings. he will live in your neighborhood, in washington, d.c. the whole issue now becomes one of legacy. he still a young man at 55.
9:50 am
player. >> chris: very young. a child at 55. economy, laura. >> all of the talk of the tde war under president trump. we will export more goods and services in 2017 then we did in 2016. we will have a vigorous approach to trade, it will be more practical, pragmatic, and it will be better for traders. >> chris: julie? >> i think donald trump will be eager to take credit for bringing jobs back. it will be a mutually beneficiary relationship. >> regulatory relief. we will have the first gdp growth of 3% or more. we will have productivity gains for the first time since 2014. >> i think she will be out as chair before the end of the year.
9:51 am
president trump said that he thinks she's overly political, and that was before she raised them in december. now we have the stock market up towards 20,000. we will see some real head butting over the economy. >> chris: and briefly, how will the markets react? >> not well. that's a of anxiety. >> chris: i already know what prediction. >> i'm from connecticut. uconn. nick sabin will now go down in history as right on par. clemson is going to capture their fifth championship. i want tucker carlson tomorrow night. it >> chris: in your chosen sports? your priorities. >> this is
9:52 am
thinking than actual prediction, but i'm going to go for my buffalo bills, they will finally end their 17 year playoff drought in 2017. [laughs] >> chris: i love these two, because they are kind of in direct conflict. michael. >> injuries derailed me in 2016. i will stick with it. the best pitching staff since baseball has seen since the 1990s will propel the mets. >> at the nationals. the washington nationals. dusty baker setting his job was to win it world series, he hasn't done it yet. this is the moment they turned the corner, because i think they're due date has gone. >> chris: we should point out it's not that one is going to win the world series. >> the mets are going to
9:53 am
the nationals off far before the world series. >> [laughs] >> chris: entertainment. >> once again, a lot of the biggest movies are an extra to feature characters that were really popular in the late 1970s for 12-year-old, 13-year-old nerdy boys. we will have wonder woman. yes! "planet of the apes," "star wars" episode. comic book central, and once again, i'm sorry, but the remake--o. i liked brady bunch, but "planet of the apes," you can't get better than the original. they're going to try and do it again. the return of "planet of the apes." >> chris: okay. >> before the end of the year, i predict we will find
9:54 am
donald trump on "saturday night live" without alec baldwin. >> chris: i would stay up to watch. michael. >> we couldn't agree on whether or not mariah carey will have a come back. lena dunham, who promised to lead this nation, will not move to canada, and america will be forced to endure her for another year. >> chris: i take it you are not a "girls" fan? >> [laughs] >> chris: i see that critics are picking up moonlight for best picture. >> but i think that denzel washington will get a lot of attention. also, natalie portman in jackie. there's still a lot of nostalgia about camelot. >> chris: michael said you are wrong, it will be
9:55 am
will win best picture. it was good, i'm sorry. >> people can actually sing and dance. >> chris: we will take a final break. when we come back, we will get one more prediction from each of you for 2017. ♪ ♪
9:56 am
9:57 am
>> chris: as we begin the new year, we are asking our panel what they see i had for 2017. now time for one final prediction, your pick for the person to watch this year, and as we told them, you cannot pick donald trump. >> he will be confirmed as attorney general of the united states. >> chris: why him over the other cabinet picks? >> we have so many big issues in criminal justice. civil division. he's going to root out the politicization of the department of justice, which has been terrible in recent years. he is a man to watch, and he will be a phenomenal man to watch. >> my person to watch as barack obama. he will be leaving washington, he has talked a lot about appreciating the way that george w. bush george w. bush has handled his post-presidency. he stayed quiet. he's going
9:58 am
questions from democrats. >> donald trump's senior advisor for policy. he's going to have a huge impact on policy inside the administration. >> south bend mayor pete. i always have trouble with his last name. he was a harvard grad, wrote scholar. president obama has identified him as one of the parties future stars. the party lacks a strong bench. he's running for chair against keith ellison. >> chris: a definite maybe. thank you panel. we will check back next year to see how you all dead. that's it for today. have a great week, we will see you on the next fox news sunday. ♪
9:59 am
10:00 am
[music] >> joel osteen: well, god bless you and thanks for letting us come into your homes and if you're ever in our area, please stop by and be a part of one of our services. i promise you we will make you feel right at home. i'd like to start with something funny, and i should mention that this was sent to me by a woman. but, according to the alaska department of fish and game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer, male reindeer lose their antlers at the start of winter, in early november. female reindeer keep theirs all the way till the spring. this means all of santa's reindeer, from rudolph to blitzen, had to be female.

39 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on