5America This Morning
20Late Night With Seth Meyers
. this morning the shanghai index closed up 2% and u.s. stock futures are higher, a goodies jobs report today could bolster the markets here. >> okay, so here's something that deals with money but is good news. tomorrow night some six numbers will not only make history but could forever change lives. >> so the powerball is already up $700 million and predictions are that it just might hit a billion so you have to match all six numbers to win this one of a kind prize and odds are astronomically against you. >> come on. >> number crunchers say there is a 17% chance that nobody will over again. >> okay, so there is he an 83 -- 83% someone will. >>> still ahead here, the new serious health warning about pizza boxes. >> the new york to chicago flight forced to land in detroit overnight. a passenger hauled off. >>> and growing petition. the number of signatures asking to pardon steve avery, the man featured in "making a murderer." overnight, the white house is >>> a united airlines flight from new york to chicago diverted to detroit last night after a woman assaulted other passengers.
have the story breaking overnight. another automatic shutdown of china's main stock marc, the shanghai index was down more than 7%, not because of north korea, by the way but because china's central bank again devalued the currency. investors see it as another sign of problems in china's economy. u.s. stocks are set to open sharply lower in just a few hours. >>> back-to-back earthquakes rattled oklahoma and nearby states last night. they were centered just south of the border with kansas and felt in that state, as well as texas. both measured 4.7 and 4.8. scientists have linked seismic activity in kansas and oklahoma to underground disposal of oil drilling wastewater, a by-product of fracking. there are no reports of damage. >>> you might say there is a growing seismic shake-up inside the republican race for the white house. donald trump for the moment is shifting his focus away from the clintons and is now turning up the heat on his closest challenger, ted cruz. he's raising the same issue with the texas senator that he once did with president obama. his country of origin and his elig
stock market this mornrning. the shanghai index was down more than 7%, not because of north korea, by the way, but because china's central bank again devalued the currency. investors see it as another sign of problems in china's economy. u.s. stocks are set to open sharply lower in just a few hours. >>> breakin news frommupstate new york. 17 miners trapped underground in a salt mine in the town of lancing. firefighters rushing to the keen to rescue the miners stuck 900 feet down inside an elevator that malfunctioned. about 200 people work at the century old mine. 17 miners trapped overnight. arly a thousand feet underground at a salt mine in new york. more details on "gma." >>> back-to-back earthquakes rattled oklahoma and nearby states last night. they were centered just south of the border with kansas and felt in that state, as wells texas coming 30 seconds apart. both measured 4.7 and 4.8. activity in kansas and oklahoma to underground disposal of oil drilling wastewater, a by-product of fracking. there are no reports of damage. >>> and you ght say there is a growing seismic shake-
east renewing the debate over refugees. >>> after four days of plunging prices, china's shanghai stock index ended the day with a 2% gain, but the damage is done. u.s. markets have had one of their worst starts to a year ever. today traders will be watching the december jobs report. >>> californians finallylyot a brief break after a week of punishing storms driven by el nino, but today the new threat, mudslides from all that saturated soil. >>> and today's weather everywhere else, el nino is now saturating the soil across much of the nation's midsection with rains from the gulf coast up into the great lakes. >>> okay, so finally from us the late night comics take on the news of the week. >> here now are your "friday funnies." >> north korea announced last night that they successfully tested a miniaturized hydrogen bomb. miniaturized dictator. [ speaking a foreign language ] >> they haven't perfected color television yet but they do have a hydrogen bomb. >> either that or they just got their first chipotle. either way it doesn't matter. something happened. >> we have their exclusi
Fetching more results