Skip to main content

tv   Real Money With Ali Velshi  Al Jazeera  November 28, 2013 3:30am-4:01am EST

3:30 am
opportunity. that is certainly the feeling here, that dubai's successful bid means good things. everyone here is confident that the tinie desert emirate will deliver on a promise to give the world an unforgettable experience. into you want sometimes before into you want sometimes before you even know you want it. you even know you want it. black friday game plan. black friday game plan. a super shopper who has had a super shopper who has had elaborate plan of attack down elaborate plan of attack down pat for months. pat for months. i'm ali velshi. i'm ali velshi. this is real money. this is real money. >> this is real money. >> this is real money. you are the most important part you are the most important part of the show. of the show. join our conversation on twitter join our conversation on twitter at aj real money. at aj real money. it's been a it's been a
3:31 am
six-year boon for six-year boon for america's corn belt. america's corn belt. earlier this month the earlier this month the environmental protection environmental protection session, the apa, proposed session, the apa, proposed cutting the amount of cutting the amount of corn-based corn-based ethanol cut into gas that ethanol cut into gas that americans fuel up at the pump. americans fuel up at the pump. this would hurt farmers bottom this would hurt farmers bottom line. line. but farmers may have bigger fish but farmers may have bigger fish to fry going forward. to fry going forward. american corn and grain farmers american corn and grain farmers have benefited from rising food have benefited from rising food exports, very low interest exports, very low interest rates, and the government backed rates, and the government backed drive to produce biofuels. drive to produce biofuels. an unprecedented an unprecedented 100 million acres of farmland 100 million acres of farmland are now planted with corn are now planted with corn including on land that was once including on land that was once marked for conservations in marked for conservations in states like iowa and the states like iowa and the dakotas. dakotas. even though exports are expected even though exports are expected to stay strong farmers just to stay strong farmers just harvested their biggest ever harvested their biggest ever corn
3:32 am
corn . . it has fallen from $7 a bushel it has fallen from $7 a bushel in 2012 to almost half that have in 2012 to almost half that have now. now. to be fair corn and grain prices to be fair corn and grain prices shot up last year in part shot up last year in part because of a drought. because of a drought. but drought or not, the downward but drought or not, the downward trend is trend is clear. clear. now nobody is using the word now nobody is using the word "bust ." "bust ." but there is a sense that 2014 but there is a sense that 2014 will be a year of retrenchment will be a year of retrenchment for america's corn belt. for america's corn belt. many farmers who got many farmers who got in the boon in the boon late made themselves go bust. late made themselves go bust. and that will have a ripple and that will have a ripple affec affec ririppleeffect on other ririppleeffect on other farmers. farmers. crop insurance programs would crop insurance programs would help keep help keep prices stable for prices stable for farmers. farmers. but republicans and democrats but republicans and democrats are at logger heads over are at logger heads over food food stamps. stamps. congress needs to get a new congress needs to get a new farms bill passed before janua
3:33 am
farms bill passed before janua january 31st. january 31st. if not that is one more headache if not that is one more headache that farmers will have to deal that farmers will have to deal with. with. jim is a corn and soybean farmer jim is a corn and soybean farmer in manhattan. in manhattan. not the one i'm in, the one in not the one i'm in, the one in illinois, and he joins us now. illinois, and he joins us now. thank you for being with us. thank you for being with us. >> you're welcome. >> you're welcome. >> what are you expecting to >> what are you expecting to happen. happen. what is this discussion of corn what is this discussion of corn prices going lower mean to you? prices going lower mean to you? >> well, it's a concern because >> well, it's a concern because we just, like you were saying, we just, like you were saying, we raised a corn crop, and we we raised a corn crop, and we need all the markets we can get need all the markets we can get for our--what we produce. for our--what we produce. you know, we're at low prices you know, we're at low prices right now. right now. if we lose another--they're if we lose another--they're talking $0.15 lower. talking $0.15 lower. right now we're at low cost to right now we're at low cost to production. production. we've got a lot of high end put we've got a lot of high end put crop. crop. >> when you say below cost >> when you say below cost production. production. what is your cost of production what is your cost of production for corn? for corn? >> well, for me to plant an acre >> well, for me to plant an acre of corn it costs of corn it costs
3:34 am
me $550 to $600 me $550 to $600 before i harvest a crop that i before i harvest a crop that i have invested in that acre to have invested in that acre to raise a crop. raise a crop. >> how do you see a slowdown? >> how do you see a slowdown? is it always prices? is it always prices? do you--do you harvest and sell do you--do you harvest and sell the statement amount of corner the statement amount of corner but you get less money for it as but you get less money for it as prices go down? prices go down? >> well, yeah, i mean, i do >> well, yeah, i mean, i do different things. different things. i've got cash sales and we can i've got cash sales and we can do the board of trade and do the board of trade and different options. different options. the bottom line, if corn is the bottom line, if corn is $4.25 and it costs me $4.50 per $4.25 and it costs me $4.50 per bushel to raise t that's a loss. bushel to raise t that's a loss. that's a real concern going that's a real concern going forward. forward. >> what's your sense of this epa >> what's your sense of this epa discussion of reducing the discussion of reducing the amount of ethanol that gets amount of ethanol that gets blended into gasoline and the blended into gasoline and the affect it's going to have on affect it's going to have on people like you. people like you. >> well, it's a concern. >> well, it's a concern. we have 60-day period that they we have 60-day period that they have their ataking comments. have their ataking comments. i know there are a lot of people i know there are a lot of people rallying to change that back to rallying to change that back to
3:35 am
where we were at, the where we were at, the 14.4-gallon. 14.4-gallon. so i mean, it sounds worse than so i mean, it sounds worse than it is because i think bottom it is because i think bottom line when it is all said and line when it is all said and done, you know, if it's done, you know, if it's $0.10 to $0.10 to $0.15 lower on corn, you read $0.15 lower on corn, you read that, oh my gosh, it's going to that, oh my gosh, it's going to be terrible. be terrible. it's not good. it's not good. we need the demand, but it's not we need the demand, but it's not that bad for us. that bad for us. >> does growing demand in >> does growing demand in emerging parts of the world like emerging parts of the world like china make up for the fact that china make up for the fact that you might lose some corn to the you might lose some corn to the ethanol subsid ethanol subsid ies? ies? the ethanol debate? the ethanol debate? >> well, it will definitely do >> well, it will definitely do that. that. corn is a good value for a lot corn is a good value for a lot of countries, and china, one. of countries, and china, one. they're buying a lot of corn. they're buying a lot of corn. they're refilling up their stock they're refilling up their stock piles so they have corn in their piles so they have corn in their supplies over there. supplies over there. so yeah, i mean, the lower so yeah, i mean, the lower prices are definitely going to prices are definitely going to
3:36 am
help on the exper the export en. help on the exper the export en. >> what are your other costs. >> what are your other costs. crop insurance, fertilizer. crop insurance, fertilizer. >> fertilizer, seed and land, >> fertilizer, seed and land, the herbicide that we put on the the herbicide that we put on the crops. crops. the big ones that we have. the big ones that we have. and unfortunately, you know, i and unfortunately, you know, i mean-- mean-- >> go >> go ahead? ahead? >> well, i mean one of the >> well, i mean one of the things things fertilizer has come down fertilizer has come down in cost. in cost. but our seed costs haven't come but our seed costs haven't come down and land hasn't come down. down and land hasn't come down. that's a concern. that's a concern. it takes time. it takes time. we've had good prices like the we've had good prices like the last four or five years, but last four or five years, but prices follow they will up on prices follow they will up on their input costs. their input costs. >> jim, good to talk to you. >> jim, good to talk to you. thank you for being with us to thank you for being with us to give us insight to this. give us insight to this. jim is a corn jim is a corn and soybean farmer and soybean farmer talking to us from talking to us from manhattan, manhattan,
3:37 am
illinois. illinois. >> dan, good to talk you, you >> dan, good to talk you, you just heard me talking to jim, just heard me talking to jim, who sort of, i guess every who sort of, i guess every farmer gets it. farmer gets it. they know not just the micro they know not just the micro trends but the macro-trends. trends but the macro-trends. he was able to address this he was able to address this debate of ethanol, growing debate of ethanol, growing demand elsewhere and demand elsewhere and lowering lowering corn prices. corn prices. what's the situation from your what's the situation from your perspective? perspective? >> i think jim got it, and he >> i think jim got it, and he understands that price versus understands that price versus come down $3 a bush as your come down $3 a bush as your headlines suggested. headlines suggested. the problem we have is it's the problem we have is it's really three-fold about what is really three-fold about what is going to be hitting the u.s. going to be hitting the u.s. farmer. farmer. ethanol is down because of the ethanol is down because of the blend wall. blend wall. it's not because we need to it's not because we need to produce more, but only because produce more, but only because we can only use 10% in our we can only use 10% in our conventional gasoline supply. conventional gasoline supply. as americans drive fewer miles, as americans drive fewer miles, we're consuming we're consuming 132 billions of 132 billions of unleaded, and that number will unleaded, and that number will decline in future years. decline in future years.
3:38 am
we have stimulated the world in we have stimulated the world in to to produce more. produce more. not only do you have not only do you have 100 million acres in corn 100 million acres in corn production in the united states, production in the united states, we have 150 million acres we have 150 million acres globally. globally. brazil became the largest brazil became the largest exporter and will be the world's exporter and will be the world's largest soybean producer this largest soybean producer this year. year. lastly we're seeing lastly we're seeing meat meat consumption, consumption, brazil, india and brazil, india and china, we see decline in china, we see decline in currency. currency. as the u.s. dollar strengthens, as the u.s. dollar strengthens, and and tapering happens in qe 3, tapering happens in qe 3, that trend persists. that trend persists. in the next couple of years we in the next couple of years we envision corn having a three in envision corn having a three in front of it, not a four and we front of it, not a four and we could have a calamity with the could have a calamity with the farm bill because it does not farm bill because it does not provide the necessary safety net provide the necessary safety net they've had in prior years. they've had in prior years. >> you mentioned meat >> you mentioned meat production. production. corn is used for feed. corn is used for feed. >> that's right. >> that's right. we used about
3:39 am
we used about 41% of our corn 41% of our corn crop for ethanol, 40% for feed, crop for ethanol, 40% for feed, and the rest go niece biofuels and the rest go niece biofuels or ending stocks. or ending stocks. 2 billion bushels, the largest 2 billion bushels, the largest we've been since 2005. we've been since 2005. we think they swelled to we think they swelled to 3 billion bushels next year. 3 billion bushels next year. there is no demand trigger there is no demand trigger outside of china that could outside of china that could happen. happen. even with the chinese there are even with the chinese there are 570 million chinese farmers. 570 million chinese farmers. the chinese want to make sure the chinese want to make sure that their farmers are taken that their farmers are taken care of. care of. they're interested in they're interested in self-sufficiency. self-sufficiency. they may they may allow a few extra corn allow a few extra corn exports. exports. you. you. >> dan is president of the ad. >> dan is president of the ad. resource. resource. thank you, dan thank you, dan . . the merger between menials the merger between menials and america airways, the and america airways, the bankruptcy case gave it's bankruptcy case gave it's approval. approval.
3:40 am
with that out of the way. with that out of the way. they renamed american airlines they renamed american airlines group should become the largest group should become the largest airline less than two weeks airline less than two weeks from from now. now. meet the web maverick who is meet the web maverick who is are shaking up the online are shaking up the online shopping biz by giving you shopping biz by giving you features you never knew you features you never knew you needed, and more. needed, and more. keep it right here. keep it right here. >> al jazeera's >> al jazeera's investigative unit investigative unit has tonight's exclusive report. has tonight's exclusive report. >> stories that have impact... >> stories that have impact... that make a difference... that make a difference... that open your world... that open your world... >> this is what we do... >> this is what we do... >> america tonight >> america tonight next next only on al jazeera america only on al jazeera america
3:41 am
the stream is uniquely the stream is uniquely interactive television. interactive television. in fact, we depend on you, your in fact, we depend on you, your ideas, your concerns. ideas, your concerns. >> all these folks are making a >> all these folks are making a whole lot of money. whole lot of money. >> you are one of the voices of >> you are one of the voices of this show. this show. >> i think you've offended
3:42 am
>> i think you've offended everyone with that kathy. everyone with that kathy. >> hold on, there's some room to >> hold on, there's some room to offend people, i'm here. offend people, i'm here. >> we have a right to know >> we have a right to know what's in our food and monsanto what's in our food and monsanto do not have the right to hide it do not have the right to hide it from us. from us. >> so join the conversation and >> so join the conversation and make it your own. make it your own. >> watch the stream. >> watch the stream. >> and join the conversation >> and join the conversation online @ajamstream. online @ajamstream.
3:43 am
the stream is uniquely the stream is uniquely interactive television. interactive television. in fact, we depend on you, your in fact, we depend on you, your ideas, your concerns. ideas, your concerns. >> all these folks are making a >> all these folks are making a whole lot of money. whole lot of money. >> you are one of the voices of >> you are one of the voices of this show. this show. >> i think you've offended >> i think you've offended everyone with that kathy. everyone with that kathy. >> hold on, there's some room to >> hold on, there's some room to offend people, i'm here. offend people, i'm here. >> we have a right to know >> we have a right to know what's in our food and monsanto what's in our food and monsanto do not have the right to hide it do not have the right to hide it from us. from us. >> so join the conversation and >> so join the conversation and make it your own. make it your own. >> watch the stream. >> watch the stream. >> and join the conversation >> and join the conversation online @ajamstream. online @ajamstream.
3:44 am
3:45 am
the stream is uniquely the stream is uniquely interactive television. interactive television. in fact, we depend on you, your in fact, we depend on you, your ideas, your concerns. ideas, your concerns. >> all these folks are making a >> all these folks are making a whole lot of money. whole lot of money. >> you are one of the voices of >> you are one of the voices of this show. this show. >> i think you've offended >> i think you've offended everyone with that kathy. everyone with that kathy. >> hold on, there's some room to >> hold on, there's some room to offend people, i'm here. offend people, i'm here. >> we have a right to know >> we have a right to know what's in our food and monsanto what's in our food and monsanto do not have the right to hide it do not have the right to hide it from us. from us. >> so join the conversation and >> so join the conversation and make it your own. make it your own. >> watch the stream. >> watch the stream. >> and join the conversation >> and join the conversation online @ajamstream. online @ajamstream.
3:46 am
the stream is uniquely the stream is uniquely interactive television. interactive television. in fact, we depend on you, your in fact, we depend on you, your ideas, your concerns. ideas, your concerns. >> all these folks are making a >> all these folks are making a whole lot of money. whole lot of money. >> you are one of the voices of >> you are one of the voices of this show. this show.
3:47 am
>> i think you've offended >> i think you've offended everyone with that kathy. everyone with that kathy. >> hold on, there's some room to >> hold on, there's some room to offend people, i'm here. offend people, i'm here. >> we have a right to know >> we have a right to know what's in our food and monsanto what's in our food and monsanto do not have the right to hide it do not have the right to hide it from us. from us. >> so join the conversation and >> so join the conversation and make it your own. make it your own. >> watch the stream. >> watch the stream. >> and join the conversation >> and join the conversation online @ajamstream. online @ajamstream.
3:48 am
consider this: the news of the consider this: the news of the day plus so much more. day plus so much more. >> we begin with the government >> we begin with the government shutdown. shutdown. >> answers to the questions no >> answers to the questions no one else will ask. one else will ask.
3:49 am
>> it seems like they can't >> it seems like they can't agree to anything in washington agree to anything in washington no matter what. no matter what. >> antonio mora, award winning >> antonio mora, award winning and hard hitting. and hard hitting. >> we've heard you talk about >> we've heard you talk about the history of suicide in your the history of suicide in your family. family. >> there's no status quo, just >> there's no status quo, just the bottom line. the bottom line. >> but, what about buying shares >> but, what about buying shares in a professional athlete? in a professional athlete? determining using some sort of determining using some sort of subjective interpretation of subjective interpretation of their policy as to whether or their policy as to whether or not your particular report was not your particular report was actually abusive, because if it actually abusive, because if it doesn't contain language that doesn't contain language that specifically threatens you specifically threatens you directly or is targeted towards directly or is targeted towards you specifically, they may not you specifically, they may not consider it abuse. consider it abuse. they may consider it offensive. they may consider it offensive. and in that case they just and in that case they just recommend that you block that recommend that you block that person. person. >> i don't want to minimise >> i don't want to minimise this, because i mean, there's this, because i mean, there's some really horrible things that some really horrible things that are on are on line, and it's not - it's line, and it's not - it's not just twitter, what has not just twitter, what has happened through social media
3:50 am
happened through social media and the anonymity of the net is and the anonymity of the net is that you see websites, that you see websites, hate-filled websites hate-filled websites targetting targetting all sorts of groups, popping up. all sorts of groups, popping up. there has been a huge number of there has been a huge number of those that exist as well. those that exist as well. >> and now a techknow minute... >> and now a techknow minute...
3:51 am
>> connecting with customers a >> connecting with customers a terrible business cliché but terrible business cliché but it's also a very real goal for it's also a very real goal for every company out there. every company out there. just think of the success of just think of the success of amazon's reading suggestions amazon's reading suggestions based on past purchases. based on past purchases. digital companies selling a digital companies selling a variety of goods and services variety of goods and services are taking personalization and are taking personalization and customization to a next level. customization to a next level. they're doing it in different they're doing it in different ways but all of them are trying ways but all of them are trying
3:52 am
to find a way into your mind and to find a way into your mind and your wallet by giving them your wallet by giving them exactly what you want when you exactly what you want when you want it. want it. >> in 90 days, a small team of >> in 90 days, a small team of engineers and start up veterans engineers and start up veterans created what they're calling the created what they're calling the costco for the mobile generation costco for the mobile generation generation. generation. >> the whole sale club >> the whole sale club experience, the savings and that experience, the savings and that experience delivered to you experience delivered to you right at home. right at home. >> warehouse clubs like costco, >> warehouse clubs like costco, sam club selling whole sale sam club selling whole sale prices long thought to be immune prices long thought to be immune to online competitors. to online competitors. but using data analytics to but using data analytics to predict when you'll need your predict when you'll need your next shipment of paper towels next shipment of paper towels before you notice that you need before you notice that you need to restock. to restock. >> when you swipe into it, >> when you swipe into it, everything is added to your everything is added to your card. card. >> growing demand allowed box to >> growing demand allowed box to grow quickly to 48 states. grow quickly to 48 states. still, new technology can be a still, new technology can be a
3:53 am
tough sale when going up against tough sale when going up against one of the toughest sectors. one of the toughest sectors. >> the values that you can find >> the values that you can find at the warehouse clubs, the at the warehouse clubs, the ubiquity of those warehouse ubiquity of those warehouse clubs, reasonable membership clubs, reasonable membership rates, all of these make it rates, all of these make it difficult for an online company difficult for an online company of any sort to be a viable of any sort to be a viable competitor. competitor. >> on the other side of the >> on the other side of the spectrum from bulk goods spectrum from bulk goods companies like custom made are companies like custom made are also trying to tap into the also trying to tap into the needs of individual customers. needs of individual customers. they offer the ultimate in they offer the ultimate in customization. customization. anything from creating unique anything from creating unique dress shoes to dress shoes to replicating a replicating a table. table. it could an broker between it could an broker between consumers and artisans and consumers and artisans and ranges $1 million in ranges $1 million in transactions in one month. transactions in one month. the new me commerce or me-tail the new me commerce or me-tail trend makes up only a fraction trend makes up only a fraction of retail sales. of retail sales. >> these custom eyes >> these custom eyes ize opportunities ize opportunities
3:54 am
really are about when a customer really are about when a customer wants something very special and wants something very special and is willing to pay that premium is willing to pay that premium to get it. to get it. >> they bring together the >> they bring together the talent of entrepreneurs with the talent of entrepreneurs with the power of crowd power of crowd sourcing. sourcing. these sites give consumers a these sites give consumers a stake in in products by giving stake in in products by giving them influence tout the them influence tout the development process. development process. the online community can submit the online community can submit product ideas. product ideas. vote on which products to vote on which products to pursue. pursue. weigh in on design and style weigh in on design and style details and purchase the details and purchase the finished product all on the finished product all on the website. website. so far the online community has so far the online community has been buying in. been buying in. the the gromet expects sales and gromet expects sales and quirky announced a partnership quirky announced a partnership with general electric. with general electric. while it's still early to tell while it's still early to tell whether citizen commerc whether citizen commerc commerce could commerce could translight into long term translight into long term success, it can teach success, it can teach traditional retail heirs a few traditional retail heirs a few lessons. lessons. >> it's a few opportunities that
3:55 am
>> it's a few opportunities that these new models are these new models are representing. representing. the smart retailers are going to the smart retailers are going to take advantage of them and not take advantage of them and not >> al jazeera. >> al jazeera. >> a new report from >> a new report from forester forester projects online sales to projects online sales to reach reach $80 billion, and the third $80 billion, and the third consecutive year that the sector consecutive year that the sector has seen double-digit growth has seen double-digit growth rates. rates. well, sure, you could shop from well, sure, you could shop from the comfort of your home but the comfort of your home but some prefer the brick and mortar some prefer the brick and mortar experience of black friday. experience of black friday. a connecticut a connecticut mom who plots her mom who plots her shopping route months before shopping route months before black friday and she's not done black friday and she's not done for the hunt of deals until for the hunt of deals until weeks after. weeks after. great to see you. great to see you. i'm glad you could take the time i'm glad you could take the time out to see us. out to see us. you've been heading for months you've been heading for months towards this. towards this. you start your planning as early you start your planning as early as june? as june? >> you do, actually. >> you do, actually. thanks for having me. thanks for having me.
3:56 am
i begin my planning for the i begin my planning for the following black friday the day following black friday the day after this year's black friday, after this year's black friday, but heavily in june. but heavily in june. >> what is it that you're >> what is it that you're planning months and months planning months and months ahead. ahead. we don't even know when the we don't even know when the sales are starting and what's sales are starting and what's happening. happening. so what are you planning? so what are you planning? >> well, a lot of stores can he >> well, a lot of stores can he predictable. predictable. you might know what is going on you might know what is going on or general idea of what is going or general idea of what is going on. on. you're planning your route. you're planning your route. you're planning your mission, you're planning your mission, what your household might neat. what your household might neat. the best things might be on the best things might be on sale. sale. but if they're not applicable to but if they're not applicable to your house and family then your house and family then they're no interest of you. they're no interest of you. >> you start looking for things >> you start looking for things that i think of sundry and that i think of sundry and supplies. supplies. you say, i'm going to need these you say, i'm going to need these cards for my camera, whatever it cards for my camera, whatever it is, so you pile up on them when is, so you pile up on them when they're on sale rather than they're on sale rather than buying them through the course buying them through the course of the year as many of us will of the year as many of us will do. do. >> absolutely. >> absolutely. there is no better way. there is no better way. iif you know you're paying $8 fr iif you know you're paying $8 fr something that you would something that you would
3:57 am
typically pay fo $8 for in june. typically pay fo $8 for in june. why not stock up. why not stock up. >> you have a three-tier >> you have a three-tier approach. approach. you start at 4:00 in the you start at 4:00 in the morning. morning. you're home by 6:00. you're home by 6:00. explain this concept to me. explain this concept to me. >> really it's about supply and >> really it's about supply and demand. demand. it's about hitting the stores it's about hitting the stores that mean something to you, and that mean something to you, and that have items that you would that have items that you would want to purchase. want to purchase. at a discount that speaks to at a discount that speaks to you. you. so for me the so for me the black friday is my black friday is my super bowl as well as retailer. super bowl as well as retailer. shopping is our sport. shopping is our sport. for me a discount means for me a discount means 40%-plus 40%-plus off. off. for some it may be what your for some it may be what your household needs. household needs. that's where the three-tier that's where the three-tier comes in. comes in. >> you plan a route that does >> you plan a route that does not involve left turns. not involve left turns. you only want to make right you only want to make right turns. turns. >> it's not just that. >> it's not just that. sometimes there's turn on red.
3:58 am
sometimes there's turn on red. that's allowed. that's allowed. why stop at a left turn red why stop at a left turn red light when you don't have to. light when you don't have to. >> i'm going to put up on two >> i'm going to put up on two screens. screens. five tips each. five tips each. you've got ten tips for black you've got ten tips for black friday. friday. and i want to ask you about a and i want to ask you about a couple of them. couple of them. one of them, don't take young one of them, don't take young kids out with you. kids out with you. >> you know, i feel--my heart >> you know, i feel--my heart feels for these young kids who feels for these young kids who are dragged from store to store are dragged from store to store to store. to store. not only is it tiring for not only is it tiring for adults, much more kids. adults, much more kids. but there's a lot of wonderful but there's a lot of wonderful deals, toys, great games, things deals, toys, great games, things of that nature that are out of that nature that are out there, and of course the adults there, and of course the adults it's hard to say no, not to buy it's hard to say no, not to buy these things, but for kids it's these things, but for kids it's even more so. even more so. >> in the second grouping of >> in the second grouping of five tips you got one that five tips you got one that caught my attention. caught my attention. keep the coupons that expire keep the coupons that expire after black friday because after black friday because stores will still honor them. stores will still honor them. i wouldn't have thought so. i wouldn't have thought so.
3:59 am
>> such an important point to >> such an important point to make. make. i subscribe to different deals i subscribe to different deals and discount books and sites and and discount books and sites and even even previewers previewers that e-mail out that e-mail out coupons, as long as they don't coupons, as long as they don't expire before black friday, expire before black friday, typically big name retailers typically big name retailers will honor them. will honor them. >> you've done a lot of thinking >> you've done a lot of thinking on this, and hopefully it will on this, and hopefully it will help a lot of my viewers who, help a lot of my viewers who, like me, are a little bit like me, are a little bit intimidated to go out on black intimidated to go out on black friday. friday. thanks, and good luck this black thanks, and good luck this black friday. friday. vita we can call her an expert vita we can call her an expert black friday black friday shopper. shopper. on thursday i'll introduce you on thursday i'll introduce you to three entrepreneur who plan to three entrepreneur who plan to build structures for space to build structures for space using a 3d printer. using a 3d printer. i'm ali velshi. i'm ali velshi. thank you for joining us. thank you for joining us.
4:00 am
check check welcome to al jazeera america. i'm stephanie sy. here are the top stories we're following at this hour: the affordable care act is taking another hit. the white house announced wednesday that the online platform for small business registration will not be ready as planned. small groups of employees will still be able to sign up for the new exchanges, but they'll have to go through insurance agents, not the web. >> wintry weather is testing travellers's paints in the north-east and beyond. 14 were killed in the weather. snow and rain kept drivers on edges and hundreds of cancellations at airports and delays. the disruptions were less severe than

63 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on