Skip to main content

tv   CNN Newsroom Live  CNN  June 3, 2018 2:00am-3:00am PDT

2:00 am
m faster, and above all... now, i'll dream gig. now more businesses, in more places, can afford to dream gig. comcast, building america's largest gig-speed network. >> they say it is not possible for the u.s. president to obstruct justice. >> also, many here had a matter of hours notice.
2:01 am
welcome to our viewers here in the u.s. and around the world. this is cnn news room. . >> we have incite into how president trump's legal team plans to keep him from being forced to testify. they are trying to persuade the council it is legally impossible for mr. trump to obstruct justice because he is a sitting president. it was sent to robert mueller. the fact that the document was published sent him on a twitter tirade. he said there was no collusion with russia and asked whether the justice department leaked the letter to the media. we unpack it for us.
2:02 am
>> the 20 page letter argues why the president doesn't have to be interviewed by special council. he was responding to some of the questions he is seeking to ask trump. in the letter they say because trump is the law enforcement officer they could not constitutionally or legally constitute obstruction. he could if he wished he could terminate the inquiry or exercise his power to pardon if he so desired. some of the other issues is michael flynn and whether or not the president tried to interfere in that investigation when he fired the former fbi director james comey. here in an interesting argument from the president's lawyers they claim that the fbi never told the white house that flynn
2:03 am
was under investigation and how could trump obstruct justice when he didn't know flynn was under investigation? they say that the white house had every impression baesed on what flynn told him he would be cleared? they write there could not have been intent to obstruct an investigation that had been neither confirmed for deny. ed. they had to assume that that investigation was not ongoing they say the letter at dresses more and it has to do with the crafting regards the donald trump jr. meeting.
2:04 am
the response here looking into that meeting and crafting of the statements when it was revealed that this meeting took place they say that this is a private matter and the letter goes onto say that special council resooeed all of the notes, communications indicating that the president dictated a short but accurate response to the new york times article. the significance of this meeting is that don jr. thought he was meeting with someone that was going to provide dirt about health care heal hillary clinton. he wanted to talk about adoptions. finally bla finally what's really important here is that the president's lawyers have been making arguments to the special council. now some of them publicly why
2:05 am
the president should not be subjected to an interview and it seems at least from everything we know that that's not working. >> this issue of whether a president can be compelled, the courts have never been crystal clear about it. for instance, going all the way
2:06 am
back to to thomas jeffer son. you think we have problems today. of course he had killed secretary of state alexander hamilton. he did ultimately submit personal papers for the court to consider. nixon never personally testified. the only example are situations where presidents have voluntarily agreed to testify. bill clinton did that. it is still an open question whether he could be compelled to appear in front of a grand jury. the president accusing the mueller team of leaking this letter. who do you think has helped more by having it out there? >> there has not been a lot of leaking you could trace back to the mueller team.
2:07 am
usually when you get this kind of leak there is some level of decent within a team. i would assume within the defense team. to me it's kind of a contradiction at the heart of this. the argument from the lawyer seems to be that the president cannot obstruct justice, cannot obstruct an investigation because his power over federal investigations is virtually unlimited. that would be news to the house of representatives in 1974 whose articles one and two referenced obstruction of justice. it may be some what secondary.
2:08 am
they have twice in recent memory said they believe obstruction of justice is an impeachable defense. >> i want to touch on this. the president's attorneys knowledged he did dictate about the trump tower meeting with the russians that was in the summer of 2016. that's not what the president's attorney or press secretary told the american people they denied trump had any involvement. >> it's not a lotter designed to persuade of anything. it is designed for public son
2:09 am
sufrpgs so i think it is not an internal legal document. it is a public relations document. there's not like detailed legal arguments in there. i think they gave us a clue to that a few weeks ago. i can't remember which detail it was. he said why do you say this? you know, i really think it is a case of there must be either -- i would suspect either a subpoena is coming soon or indictment is coming soon. some reason they want to get their argument out there so they can get use today making this very broad and argument. it is an argument that has the
2:10 am
pretense of legal backing. you know, it is trump supporters to start making this argument now. the question of why leaking it now is very interesting. >> we'll continue to follow that story. the meeting of g7 finance ministers ended saturday in a way rarely seen before. six of them ganging up on the u.s. for sticking key allies with punishing new tariffs on steel and aluminum. this kind of friction is very unusual among friendly nations. they all gave u.s. treasury secretary an earful behind closed doors. the six countries are expressing
2:11 am
our concern that concern was communicated and he talked about the point of view. we are hoping with tt approach we will have clearly communicate ourd views. what the group was very focused on is what we are doing to product steel and aluminum. there was general concern it could create and become larger trade issues. >> the president was defiant tweeting when you're almost $800 billion a year down in trade you can't lose a trade war. me members are in the in a greemt.
2:12 am
both sides are making progress but carried an ominous warning that said any agreement reached in the talks will be voided if washington imposes fresh tariffs on chinese imports. much to talk about this story. let's bring in gina. how unprecedented is it? >> it is incredibly unprecedented. it has never happened before like this. what the u.s. has done has definitely started a trade war. the basic reaction to this is
2:13 am
exactly what we would expect which is that the remaining members are issuing their own sanctions against the u.s. the response of the u.s. is then likely to be given trump's previous history to raise greater tariffs and raise tariffs on new things in retaliation. if this goes on we could see ourselves degenerating into a similar situation to what we had during the great depression which is basically everybody abandoning their agreements and trying to get whatever they can for themselves. the only thing that's keeping things afloat right now is the fact that the other six are not retaliating against each other and are staying unified against the united states. >> right. and it's been said that mr. trump did this as part of his
2:14 am
america first protectionism, but could it backfire on him? the economy in the u.s. is excellent. the jobs report is stunning. unemployment is so very low. this is in perhaps an economic gamble for him, isn't it? >> yes. it absolutely is. especially in light of the fact that the economy is doing so well. his approval ratings, although doing better than they have been in the past are not as high as those of presidents when the committee has been doing similarly well. so for example reagan and children today had much high are approval ratings when the economy was doing about as well as it is right now. president trump most likely because of his attitudes, things he says, tweets, etcetera has not gained the atype of
2:15 am
approval. now what he is going to do is make things really difficult for small businesses and for some of the people who use the things that are now being taxed. that's going to damage him in that way. it is also going to damage the economy. the small businesses, many of them are going to have to close. any business that uses steel as an input to their own good is going to have problems. >> well, the question is will mr. trump back down? he has come up against things and once he realizes what the consequences might be he kind of changes course. >> that's true. i don't see it happening. let me be the first to say that i think predictability is not the strongest suit of president trump. it is possible that he will back
2:16 am
down. i don't see that happening because backing down is not what he likes to do. in this case this is such boild boeld and strong statement. the retaliation is coming very quickly. i think it's unlikely he is going to change tax on this. >> it will be something to watch. we haven't really seen what's going to happen yet but we appreciate your comments. thank you. >> thank you, natalie. with the historic trump kim summit quickly approaching here is the burning question of the day, does north korea want someone else to pay its hotel bill in singapore? we'll look at that. plus a striking memorial in puerto rico, how islanders still recovering from hurricane maria are facing down a new storm season. we'll have a report coming up. maker you've ever met. be there's a lot of innovation that goes into making our thinnest longest lasting blades on the market.
2:17 am
precision machinery and high-quality materials from around the world. nobody else even comes close. it's about delivering a more comfortable shave every time. invented in boston, made and sold ad the world. now starting at $7.99. gillette. the best a man can get. you need our most gentle blend. new oat delicacy by whole blends. a paraben-free, caring formula. blended with oat milk and rice cream extracts, whole blends doesn't strip hair. it comforts and moisturizes to wrap every strand in softness. without the weigh down. new whole blends oat delicacy. and for even more care, try whole blends detangling milk. just apply to damp hair and gently comb through, for delicate, weightless hydration. only from whole blends. find every blend at walmart garnier. find every blend at walmart your digestive system has billions of bacteria, but life can throw them off balance. try align, the #1 doctor recommended probiotic.
2:18 am
with a unique strain that re-aligns your system. re-align yourself, with align. rewards me basicallyaptain everywhere.obvious and hotels.com so why am i stomping grapes with aerobics enthusiasts near this b&b? because hotels.com lets me do me. mmm. foot juice. hotels.com. you do you and get rewarded. ( ♪ ) it's the details that make the difference. only botox® cosmetic is fda approved to temporarily make frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines look better. it's a quick 10 minute treatment given by a doctor to reduce those lines. ask your doctor about botox® cosmetic by name. the effects of botox® cosmetic, may spread hours to weeks after injection, causing serious symptoms. alert your doctor right away as difficulty swallowing, speaking, breathing, eye problems, or muscle weakness can be a sign of a life-threatening condition. do not receive botox® cosmetic if you have a skin infection.
2:19 am
side effects may include allergic reactions, injection site pain, headache, eyelid and eyebrow drooping and eyelid swelling. tell your doctor about your medical history, muscle or nerve conditions, and medications including botulinum toxins as these may increase the risk of serious side effects. the details make a difference. the man makes them matter. see real results at botoxcosmetic.com/men. become back.
2:20 am
apparently president jong doesn't want to stay in any hotel. >> yeah. what they are reporting the kim jong would like to stay at the the presidential suite. it costs about $6,000 a night. they report that the state department spokesperson has said that the united states isn't going to pick up the bill here and there and going to ask other countries to do it. the u.s. could be asking for a waiver of sanctions for costs associated. there have been other offers to pay for travel expenses. one of them coming to abolish nuclear weapons. the hotel bill isn't quite settled yet a lot of others aren't settled yet either. the secretary of defense.
2:21 am
>> north korea will receive reli relief when it demonstrates steps to denuclearization. >> no details how they hope to accomplish that. they said they wouldn't be talking about the specific elements of an agreement but certainly president trump has expectations saying it could be the start, a get to know you meeting, lowering expectations of what they believe could happen a few weeks or months ago. secretary of defense taking on a tougher tone than what we have heard from the president in recent days. >> we are also hearing an
2:22 am
interesting development that assad may meet. what's that about? >> kim jong un is getting drad to sit down with president trump. in advance of that he has been making serious efforts to tighten up his closest rips. they reporting that he will travel to meet with kim jong un.
2:23 am
no date set for that. many decades stretching back. it was kim jong un's father who met in the '70s. they have exchanged supported messages in the past. it will be the first historic face to face meeting between the two. >> much to watch. all right. keep us posted on that hotel issue too. thanks. all right. more people are being forced to leave their homes as massive wild fires spread. it has grown to 121 square kilometers. that's about 46 square miles. hundred of firefighters battling this one. it is still uncontained. and in california firefighters are making progress fighting a brush fire that has already scorched 100 hectors, that's about 250 acres.
2:24 am
let's talk about the fire conditions with derrick. >> yeah. we are focusing on the fire because that one is at zero percent containment. over 500 firefighters battled this blaze according to the forest service there including ten crews, 32 engines, eight dozers and seven water tenders. the problem being -- and you can see it right on your tv screen, the winds are extreme ly errati. check this out. we have the large fire. again, over 30,000 acres burned so fafrmt when you get these strong winds that blow over tops of some of these hills and mountains across the region it takes it and throws them several meters if not yards away from the main fire. it creates new fires allowing for that fire to spread.
2:25 am
there is the 416 fire. the dry thunderstorms that will develop later this afternoon may not have enough precipitation to really put out the fire. it could have lightning that could start additional fires and prevent more erratic fire behavior. it spreads out and creates powerful wind gusts. this is the closest location where it is located. you can see the winds there will be rather gusty. 22 degrees. temperatures are down, humidity is up. get a load of this image. you can see why this is threatening the small town there. they have over a thousand people
2:26 am
evacuated. >> it would be a beautiful picture. >> yes. >> thank you. all right. we'll look at another issue and another area that has had massive problems. puerto rico is bracing for a new hurricane season. families are feeling grief for the loved ones lost to hurricane maria last year. it raised questions about how many people died in that storm. we take a look at how people are coping. thousands of shoes have been placed and raising awareness of people they believe died because
2:27 am
of hurricane maria. i spoke to this family. i'll come to this family. his son wrote here, we will love you always. he is number 1580. there are more than 2,000 shoes that have been placed here. a lot of hugs. a lot of tears. the organizer told me this is a funeral and they consider this the cemetery i spoke to one woman who came here and was caught up with all of the emotion countrying. when i asked her why she said she had two pairs of shoes to put down. she said i smell death. this is death.
2:28 am
the government says the death toll remains at 64 even though they have commissioned a with george washington university that was supposed to be complete in may but there have been delays. the timing of this is creating anxiety. as we have spent the week traveling across the island many say they are not prepared for another hurricane to come because this island is too vulnerable and still recovering. >> we certainly hope puerto rico gets spared this hurricane season. separated from their families and now homeless.
2:29 am
>> welcome home here. it's about name tax in your shoes again and realizing as a grown man you have to start from zero again. >> we have exclusive coverage on this problem just ahead here. also, more companies and countries are banning plastic utensils and straws. how will it help clean up our already polluted oceans filled with plastic? i'll ask an expert just ahead. plaque psoriasis can be relentless. your plaques are always there at the worst times. constantly interrupting you with itching, burning and stinging. being this uncomfortable is unacceptable. i'm ready. tremfya® works differently for adults with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. with tremfya®, you can get clearer and stay clearer. in fact, most patients who saw 90% clearer skin at 28 weeks... stayed clearer through 48 weeks. tremfya® works better than humira®
2:30 am
at providing clearer skin and more patients were symptom free with tremfya®. tremfya® may lower your ability to fight infections, and may increase your risk of infections. before treatment, your doctor should check you for infections and tuberculosis. tell your doctor if you have an infection or have symptoms such as fever, sweats, chills, muscle aches or cough. before starting tremfya®, tell your doctor if you plan to or have recently received a vaccine. ask your doctor about tremfya®. tremfya®, because you deserve to stay clearer. janssen wants to help you explore cost support options for tremfya®. i ...prilosec otc 7 years ago,my doctor recommended... 5 years ago, last week. just 1 pill each morning, 24 hours and zero heartburn. it's been the number 1 doctor recommended brand for 10... ...straight years, and it's still recommended today. use as directed. show of hands. let's get started. who wants customizable options chains? ones that make it fast and easy to analyze and take action? how about some of the lowest options fees?
2:31 am
are you raising your hand? good then it's time for power e*trade the platform, price and service that gives you the edge you need. alright one quick game of rock, paper, scissors. 1, 2, 3, go. e*trade. the original place to invest online.
2:32 am
i'm a small business, but i have... big dreams... and big plans. so how do i make the efforts of 8 employees... feel like 50? how can i share new plans virtually? how can i download an e-file? virtual tours? zip-file? really big files? in seconds, not minutes... just like that. like everything... the answer is simple. i'll do what i've always done... dream more, dream faster, and above all... now, i'll dream gig. now more businesses, in more places, can afford to dream gig. comcast, building america's largest gig-speed network. welcome back everyone.
2:33 am
you're watching cnn newsroom. here are our top stories. president trump's lawyers try to go convince robert mueller that it is legally impossible for a sitting president to obstruct justice. in a letter obtained by the new york times the legal team laid out several arguments to keep the president from being subpoenaed. finance managers wrapped up with six of them issuing a statement against new u.s. tariffs on key allies. canada's finance minister warned the duties from canada, mexico and the eu are destructive to world trade. israeli military says it struck 15 targets in gaza. the attacks apparently broke a cease fire agreed to by hamas and islamic jihad but not confirmed by israel. pressure is growing for the
2:34 am
u.s. congress to vote on immigration before the midterm elections hech elections. he wants to vote on a bill that has potential to become law but critics say he is stalling. john mccain is the latest republican to support a bipartisan effort in the house of representatives to force a vote on immigration. mechan mccain said the daca program which protects nearly 700,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the u.s. as children. and now to a cnn exclusive. a terrifying new reality for depor tees kicked out of the united states and sent back to el salvador. brutal gangs including ms13 see an opportunity to recruit them.
2:35 am
>> someone is murdered here every two hours. one in ten people by gangs. these are men deported back to a land they can't really call home anymore, blinking sleepless and now homeless they are deported from long-term homes under president trump's immigration crack down. >> we cannot let people enter
2:36 am
our country we have no idea what they do, where they came from. we don't know if they are murders, killers, ms-13. we are throwing them out by the hundreds. >> it is about name tax humiliating role calls and realizing you have to start from zero again empty handed. christian lived in the u.s.a. for 20 years and was deported coming out to his florida construction job. he had only immigration offenses. the only choice now is a $5 a day farm job.
2:37 am
>> he doesn't know when or if he will see his family again. >> what are your daughters names? >> jennifer. >> how old? >> 12. three years. my little baby, angela. oscar is more complicated. went to america age ten and served four months for assault and bodily harm in houston. back here he trembles. >> are you scared of the gangs here now? >> yeah. >> are you scared you may end up involved and caught up in that? >> yes. >> in the u.s.a. i see the news
2:38 am
like 16 people killed every day. >> he is already counting the money to see if he has enough, the $8,000 smuggling fee back to the u.s. christian meets his mother after four years. only two weeks later he messages me on his way to guatemala to pay to be smuggled back to the united states. 48 thohours passed in which the are two beheadings. >> no accident that these police come here in large numbers, heavily armed. this is a gang controlled area and literally streets away from where oscar is beginning his new life back in el salvador. oscar agree to meet us again.
2:39 am
he has had two niets in his new home. it took four hours for the gang to approach him. they take my shirt down. i tell them, what are you doing, man? i will check if you have tattoos on your body. i don't have any tattoos. >> because he is looking to see if your bario 18. >> and this is your first few hours hours right? >> yes. >> what are you thinking? >> man, i don't want to live here. >> he looked like why you coming round to my house, man?
2:40 am
>> this is what falling down here looks like in the crammed prisons that are playgrounds where oscar, his family and the u.s. frankly hope he doesn't end up, where gang culture brews and hardens and tattoos unavoidably leave. petty theft lead to deportation and now jail. >> here in this country because you have thattoos gangs automatically think you are a member of some gang or you have been part of a gang. here it's different. a little kid could take your life away. you don't talk to them you're their enemy. if you talk to them then they want you to be part of them. >> some deportees have committed crimes and others none but being in the u.s. illegally. all come back to a world where their desperation and
2:41 am
vulnerability and risk for gangs have on their new world deepens el salvador's chaos. the world is being flooded with plastic garbage. it is choking our ocean, wreaking havoc on humans an and animals. i'll ask how we might we verse our plastic consumption. lightening in a bottle. captured over 260 years later, with a little resourcefulness, ingenuity, and grit, we're not only capturing energy from the sun and wind, we're storing it. as the nation's leader in energy storage, we're ensuring americans have the energy they need, whenever they need it. this is our era. this is america's energy era. nextera energy.
2:42 am
2:43 am
2:44 am
i'm a small business, but i have... big dreams... and big plans. so how do i make the efforts of 8 employees... feel like 50? how can i share new plans virtually? how can i download an e-file? virtual tours? zip-file? really big files? in seconds, not minutes... just like that. like everything... the answer is simple. i'll do what i've always done... dream more, dream faster, and above all... now, i'll dream gig. now more businesses, in more places, can afford to dream gig. comcast, building america's largest gig-speed network. products are washing up on
2:45 am
australian beaches. it was sailing on thursday when it got tossed in 5 meter or 16 foot swells in the sea. 83 containers dropped off the vessel and 30 more were damaged. they say the cargo is not hazardous. just more to worry about for our oceans. just this week, we have seen how disposable manmade trash is we fek effecting animals. a while died after swallowing 17 poup pou pounds of plastic built up in the stomach, making it impossible for the whale to eat. a team tried to stabilize it but it died on friday joining the hundreds of marine animals that die each year because of
2:46 am
plastic. let's talk about the danger oers of plastic with will. thank you for talking with us. this story, this problem is is just immense. finally the world is taking action and it's taken graphic photos of animals who suffered and died because of our use of items you don't really have to use and then toss them away. there is a ban on some of these items and straws. is that a start that is in anyway going to make a dent in this problem? >> absolutely it's going to make a dent. there are up to 13 million tons of plastic here. these things like bags, straws are among the most found things
2:47 am
on our beaches. we saw that whale with ordinary consumer products. it is an amazing first step. we do have to go further and realize we are just producing too much plastic we are looking to do is in anything that reduces the amount of plastic. >> who are you looking forto step up? who hasn't stepped up that is generating so much plastic? >> i think it is at the start of the journey. we need to enter. . you know, any company that is relying on single use packaging.
2:48 am
it is sources you rip the top off and go away it is causing a huge problem. i think any company is totally unrecycleable like that. >> absolutely. there was one picture that apparently went viral of a turtle with a plastic straw lodged all the way up its nostril into its brain. it kind of woke a lot of people up to the situation. it's not just animals that are in jeopardy, it's choking our oceans as well, correct? >> correct. that picture, it absolutely went viral. i have seen plastic everywhere. i have seen it in some of the remote waters. i have seen it on islands off the west coast of scotland.
2:49 am
we know it's in the tundra, in the deepest trenches in the ocean and really getting to the point where it is choking our ocean. >> we were seeing pictures of straws there. most don't think about the fact that you get a cup. you get a straw. i get a restaurant they will put straws down. i'll say no straws thank you. it is public awareness and citizens thinking about this isn't it? now is the time. just lockioking at this video, s enormous, such a detriment to these poor animals that are getting even a lot of whales get stuck in fishing traps and plastic. >> completely on any issue. i have never been asked what can i do to help? it is the kind of tips anyone can do in their own home and in their own community.
2:50 am
i talked to the owner and asked them do they really need those? do they need to have those? can they not swap the metal? it is things like do you have your reusable coffee cup? do you really want this straw? there are so many ways individuals can be having a big difference. >> your book is how to give up plastic and i'm going the read i f -- read it for sure. thanks so much for the work that you do and keep on keeping on. thanks so much. >> thank you. next here, the u.s. president reveals his secrets for staying fit. it's a very short list. i'm captain obvious and hotels.com rewards me basically everywhere. so why am i doing goat yoga at this mountain resort? because hotels.com lets me do me. ahhh. the smell of goat. hotels.com. you do you and get rewarded.
2:51 am
i've been making blades here at gillette for 20 years. i bet i'm the first blade maker you've ever met. there's a lot of innovation that goes into making our thinnest longest lasting blades on the market. precision machinery and high-quality materials from around the world. nobody else even comes close. it's about delivering a more comfortable shave every time. invented in boston, made and sold around the world. now starting at $7.99. gillette. the best a man can get. jardiance asked: when it comes to managing your type 2 diabetes, what matters to you? you got a1c, heart, diet, and exercise. slide 'em up or slide 'em down. so let's see. for most of you, it's lower a1c. but only a few of you are thinking about your heart. fact is, even though it helps to manage a1c, type 2 diabetes still increases your risk of a fatal heart attack or stroke. jardiance is the only type 2 diabetes pill
2:52 am
with a lifesaving cardiovascular benefit for adults who have type 2 diabetes and heart disease, significantly reducing the risk of dying from a cardiovascular event and lowering a1c, along with diet and exercise. this really changes things. jardiance can cause serious side effects including dehydration. this may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, or lightheaded, or weak upon standing. ketoacidosis is a serious side effect that may be fatal. symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, and trouble breathing. stop taking jardiance and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of ketoacidosis or an allergic reaction. symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, swelling, and difficulty breathing or swallowing. do not take jardiance if you are on dialysis or have severe kidney problems. other side effects are sudden kidney problems, genital yeast infections, increased bad cholesterol, and urinary tract infections, which may be serious. taking jardiance with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions. man: ask your doctor about jardiance and get to the heart of what matters.
2:53 am
un-stop right there! ask your doctor about jardiance i'm about to pop a cap of "mmm fresh" in that washer. with unstopables in-wash scent boosters by downy. ah, it's so fresh. and it's going to last from wash to... ...wear for up to 12 weeks. unstopables by downy. ( ♪ ) face the world as a face to be reckoned with. only botox® cosmetic is fda approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines look better. it's a quick 10 minute cosmetic treatment given by a doctor to reduce those lines. there is only one botox® cosmetic, ask for it by name. the effects of botox® cosmetic, may spread hours to weeks after injection, causing serious symptoms. alert your doctor right away as difficulty swallowing, speaking, breathing, eye problems, or muscle weakness can be a sign of a life-threatening condition. do not receive botox® cosmetic if you have a skin infection. side effects may include allergic reactions, injection site pain, headache, eyelid and eyebrow drooping and eyelid swelling.
2:54 am
tell your doctor about your medical history, muscle or nerve conditions, and medications including botulinum toxins as these may increase the risk of serious side effects. leave your mark on the world. minimize its mark on you. get started at botoxcosmetic.com. president trump loves fast food, has some bizarre theories about exercise and hardly smelled. he told americans they need to stay healthy. >> the only thing on the
2:55 am
president that got a real workout, his hands. the event was organized on sports, and nutrition. it is associated with the police department. >> tuz winning get boring to you? >>. five months ago he pro claimed. >> i think the goal is to lose 10 to 15 pounds. >> the president is trading in a steak far dover and leaving off the top bun when he eats a burger. they have been told to reduce calories and fat. this is a guy that expressed the
2:56 am
view that exercise is bad for you. some call it the energizer bun any theory. trump's apparent belief tt the human body is like a battery with an amount of ener jazz which exercise only depleted. he suggested that rallies are a workout. >> i'm up there using a lot of motion. i guess that's a form of exercise. >> from a kid di lift to the half toss we have seen no indication president trump is hitting the white house gym. he once said i get exercise. i walk, i this, i that. >> he has incredible genes. >> keep going and going and going. >> cnn new york. >> thank you for watching cnn newsroom. for u.s. viewers new day is
2:57 am
next. for everyone else i'll be right back with our top stories. let's begin. yes or no? do you want the same tools and seamless experience across web and tablet? do you want $4.95 commissions for stocks, $0.50 options contracts? $1.50 futures contracts? what about a dedicated service team of trading specialists? did you say yes? good, then it's time for power e*trade. the platform, price and service that gives you the edge you need. looks like we have a couple seconds left. let's do some card twirling twirling cards e*trade. the original place to invest online. only remfresh usesody's ion-powered melatonin to deliver up to 7 hours of sleep support. number one sleep doctor recommended remfresh-your nightly sleep companion. available in the natural sleep section at walmart. wait what? directv gives you more for your thing.
2:58 am
your... quitting cable and never looking back thing. directv is rated #1 in customer satisfaction over cable. switch to directv and now get a $100 reward card. more for your thing. that's our thing. call 1.800 directv. that protects as it colors. excellence haircolor by l'oréal. rich, radiant color and it cares for my hair. no color protects better or covers grays better. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. so much care in one little box. excellence créme from l'oréal paris. when you said youe, sir. were at the doctor, but your shirt says you were at a steakhouse... that's when you know it's half-washed. add downy odor protect with 24-hour odor protection.
2:59 am
downy and it's done. i'm a small business, but i have... big dreams... and big plans. so how do i make the efforts of 8 employees... feel like 50? how can i share new plans virtually? how can i download an e-file? virtual tours? zip-file? really big files? in seconds, not minutes... just like that. like everything... the answer is simple. i'll do what i've always done...
3:00 am
dream more, dream faster, and above all... now, i'll dream gig. now more businesses, in more places, can afford to dream gig. comcast, building america's largest gig-speed network. ♪ president trump through his lawyers saying no way he object extract -- obstructed justice. the first time the president's attorneys have acknowledged that trump dictated the statement. >> mr. trump was, obviously, lying to his lawyers if the lawyers are honest about what went down. >> announcer: this is "new day week

39 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on