Skip to main content

tv   Trish Regan Primetime  FOX Business  March 30, 2019 8:00pm-9:00pm EDT

8:00 pm
. >> breaking right now by mid april if not sooner when the attorney general william barr will tell congress he will provide a redacted version of the 400 page molar report they campaign manager is here now president trump doubles down on his threat to close the southern border. >> we give them hundreds of billions of dollars and tell them they will not use their strong immigration laws to help the united states there is a very good likelihood i will close the border next week and that is fine with me. >> and then jan brewer
8:01 pm
discusses this. the city of chicago demands the actor jusse smollett foots the bill the fraternal fight is back on the show tonight. and then those that bribe to get their kids into top colleges they have their day in court today with the fallout coming this hour. . >> hear what has turned out to be a busy friday evening so our top story soon we can see the russia rapport. that there can be a redacted version of 400 page assessment by mid april if not sooner as for president trump he says that is fine with him.
8:02 pm
>> i have confidence in the attorney general. i have nothing to hide. this was a hoax and a witch hunt and i have absolutely nothing to hide. >> the approval rating is holding steady at 45 percent more importantly the reelection odds the same poll finds the majority of voters agree with the job he is doing on the economy. the campaign manager it's good to see you tonight corey. the president says first of all, on robert mueller put it out there i have nothing to hide virchow what do you think quick. >> i agree 100 percent. we have said there was no collusion or cooperation or coordination between us now we know they're very specific
8:03 pm
portions of the report that came out legally specifically with that grand jury testimony in those types of issues. but we want to see the full and acted report and that the president classifies the 302 and those pages of the five application that we now know were used to spy on americans. let's just see it all. all of the evidence. >> is it your understanding if there is information on obstruction or collusion but some evidence that was built up against him but obviously not according to that summation what if that comes out that the spelling political trouble for the president quick. >> i don't think it has anything to do with obstruction he answered questions that the mother team
8:04 pm
asked him that were submitted. there was nor obstruction. the narrative was for a long time we have to pass a law to protect them but the investigators themselves they were they were never stopped from investigating anything either from attorney general or any of them. not predecessors or would occur. there was no obstruction whatsoever. >> let's talk about where the president stands right now. from a political specter one - - perspective is numbers are holding steady the top story that the stock market is wrapping up the best quarter in about a decade give-and-take the most broad economic numbers in its glass half full and half empty?
8:05 pm
i could look at those numbers mid forties to say with that type of economy and economic performance, couldn't you argue his numbers should be even higher and why aren't they quick. >> two polls were out in the last two days one has him at 50 percent another has about 54 percent. i want to remind the american people all the pendants - - pundits told us he will lose on the landslide down an average seven points and he won by the largest electoral margin since the reagan reelection campaign so the polling data is skewed because the american people only tell the truth of the ballot box for go they love this president promises made
8:06 pm
promises kept. >> but the next time around is a broad economic story? i ask because it is interesting the president seems to have pivoted about health care what are you bringing up that issue? what is the biggest 2020 issue they should hammer home day after day quick. >> i always believe it is the economy creating 600,000 manufacturing jobs the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded so that's what it is about the simple question goes back to are you better off today than you were four years ago and by every marker the answer is yes. >> so what about the health care battle? is that a mistake quick. >> it is important. the president pledged to buy health care across state lines. we have to accomplish that people know the cost when they walk in for the mri or any other procedure.
8:07 pm
that has to happen. if you give people the opportunity to participate in the free market just like car insurance prices will come down it will cover pre-existing conditions and decimate obama care. >> good to see you thank you for coming on tonight. the other big issue is when the president double down to just close the southern border. >> right now we have two big caravans coming up from guatemala coming to mexico. mexico can stop them but they choose not to now they will because if they don't we are closing the border. we will keep it closed for a long time i'm not playing games. mexico has to stop it. >> he said he will close the border as early as next week
8:08 pm
now we take it to the former arizona governor brewer. so now what is the president threatening to do quick. >> i agree we have totally lost control of our country. we have a crisis at the border causing chaos and confusion and disruption and disorder. if we don't solve this problem it will continue so i support him 100 percent. we have to talk to the federal government and our congressmen. i am upset with regards to the effect the officials to represent us the citizens of arizona and it appears the left wing democrats went to represent those who are bombarding the borders. the president is right and the majority of americans i believe should shut down the border one way or the other so they can do their job.
8:09 pm
>> if you haven't threatened to do it there are certain risks that go along with it. just when the president made those comments from mar-a-lago we were coming out of an interview he brought up some points that were interesting then you can come back and talk about it. >> our supply chain that is so interwoven between canada and the inter- slot - - united states and mexico could be terribly damaged and hurt the economy especially border states like texas where we are intensely dependent on cross-border trade in the importation of items necessary for the manufacturing process. >> not necessarily this is a good or bad idea but just the basic merits but if you do it there are consequences and
8:10 pm
karl rove says it could be economic. is that a risk quick. >> absolutely. the bottom line is looking at commerce and travel across the state line mexico and arizona is the largest trading partner. there is a risk but it will damage them also maybe by offering the solution the mexican government will finally decide to do something and stop facilitating those coming up through central america and leading them here into the united states. >> even though the supporters say i like the idea of tariffs but if they could be used to negotiate or get somebody at the table than they are effective now you give the same argument that if mexico changes their behavior maybe we don't have to close the border but it's on the table.
8:11 pm
>> absolutely. i believe he will do what he says. he is fed up and you have to bring them to their knees. with the rule of law and we can stop it on the southern border. >> good to see you tonight governor. former governor of arizona. in a moment the city of chicago this is a story, the alleged hate crime cost $130,000 for investigators and overtime on the case. they are demanding jusse smollett pay the bill. and the college admissions scandal it is the day the stiff sentences they are looking at.
8:12 pm
you might take something for your heart... or joints. but do you take something for your brain. with an ingredient originally discovered in jellyfish, prevagen has been shown in clinical trials to improve short-term memory. prevagen. healthier brain. better life.
8:13 pm
there's brushing...and there's oral-b power brushing. oral-b just cleans better. even my hygienist said going electric could lead to way cleaner teeth. and unlike sonicare, oral-b is the first electric toothbrush brand accepted by the ada. oral-b. brush like a pro. sii've made a thousand wishes., wishes for your future in a world that's changing fast... because no matter what you do in this life, what matters to me is that you keep doing. super: inspire kids to do at 4-h.org
8:14 pm
♪we've got a long longe road way to go♪ ♪scared to live, scared to die♪ ♪we ain't perfect but we try ♪get along while we can ♪always give love the upper hand♪ ♪paint a wall, learn to dance♪ ♪call your mom, buy a boat♪ ♪sing a song, make a friend♪ ♪can't we all get along?
8:15 pm
8:16 pm
. >> tonight's new reaction with the empire actor jusse smollett as the city of chicago demands $130,000 in restitution for the police who worked overtime on the case. so get out of jail almost free card but according to investigative reporting done by local reporters prosecutors say it falls under to stay in the program for at least 12 months now jusse smollett community service lasted two days. what is really going on? we are joined by the vice president of the fraternal order.
8:17 pm
so i think i know how the law enforcement community must feel but what is your impression of the latest developments quick. >> $130,000 is a token and insignificant but we hope the city and the mayor would join to ask for that federal investigation that we asked for several weeks ago. we think that is the way to go and why this was done. who was involved. and we have been complaining about kimberly fox over two years and a police officer was murdered last week and the person who murdered him should not be out on the street and charges were dropped. this is the complaint we have had with this administration for quite some time that she is dropping charges and letting criminals on the streets.
8:18 pm
but she goes after police for very minor insignificant tasks. we hope the fbi investigation will look into this. not only federal charges but we don't think it's proper she did not appoint a special prosecutor we will see if we can bring that back. we are not done with this. >> i use the term eyebrow raising at the introduction of this segment. let's listen to what his attorney had to say. . >> what are the chances that he saw somebody with light-skinned crack. >> i think obviously you could
8:19 pm
put on some makeup. interestingly enough there is a video in this case it took me all of five minutes to google looking up the videos one of the brothers and white face. >> i don't even know where to go that these are politically white face as she suggests but use the term the police did minimal investigation? . >> that is so beyond absurd. everybody knew the department was a high profile case. everybody was watching. they crossed every tea and dotted every eye. it is a cheap shot as a part of the whole process to make a mockery. these ludicrous claims and arguments to accuse people is
8:20 pm
so common in chicago. convict killers are released for the most frivolous and ludicrous claims that we have complained about four years. it doesn't surprise me that the attorney tries these tactics but with police officers. >> we will stay on the story thank you for coming onto the show. now you would think that jusse smollett with his career but you know, his acting career is probably over? you would think that until you hear he is up for an award this weekend nominated for the naacp award to be given out tomorrow and he hopes that he
8:21 pm
wins. >> i am happy for him. i'm glad it worked out for him. >> so could his reputation come out on the mend? good to see you david thanks for coming in tonight. what do you make of that quick sigh have to say i just assumed even if the charges were dropped his career is over but now he's up for an award. >> it is hilarious the link the left will go to to protect their own. it wouldn't be surprised.
8:22 pm
>> he has been nominated by the way this category has been nominated for years in a row he already won this once the guy is a pretty good actor but i thought he would be eliminated after one - - for consideration. >> he should be in for the naacp to give him a nomination. we will see. if he gets a hold of it to bring him what he deserves a $130,000 fine that is small potatoes. >> that is what i am wondering if you look at this. with the investigation and the merits whatever those may be but with federal investigators looking at the case are you more motivated to bring more charges just being because of
8:23 pm
what is happening crack. >> i hope they are and he gives the motivation that he is slapped with it. the american people want that. the american people watching this have to realize this is absolutely ludicrous he did it the mayor said it even though there is backroom deals going on but the american people are watching the left continually get away with what they can meanwhile they bring every ammunition they can against the conservative. >> so do you think there is some sort of punishment? people think just should be served in the city won't happen. >> i think america wants to see justice. he is guilty. the picture of him with the nigerian brothers and then to hire them.
8:24 pm
>> but the comments from the attorney crack. >> it doesn't make sense now the attorney tries to save face and to get a narrative for people to believe now maybe he is innocen innocent. it is ridiculous that they think we are stupid or that the american people are dumb. >> because every little bit of all the evidence that is out there for public consumption points to the fact that it was a hoax. >> and the white guy is walking across with 2:00 in the morning though white person walking around with a noose and a bottle of bleach in the trump at? it is ridiculous even though it's not funny. >> in a moment the fallout of the nasty pay-to-play scandal
8:25 pm
we will have that for you. and now paying the ncaa athletes and we will weigh in on that. don't go
8:26 pm
8:27 pm
8:28 pm
8:29 pm
♪ ♪ connell so over a dozen parents charged in the nationwide college cheating scandal seeing their day in court. these parents accused of spending, in some cases, millions of dollars to create phony credentials to get their kids in top columnings. hollywood actresses also charged in this scandal, and they will be making their appearances in court next week. they're among the 33 parents charged, what authorities are calling the biggest admissions scandal that's ever been prosecuted. we're joining by campus reform contributor anna michelle, and attorney misty morris. misty, when we watch all these parents get dragged into court,
8:30 pm
will we actually see some not only the celebrities, but the parents in general do jail time over this? >> i absolutely think we are going to see some of them do jail time, and that's because this is such a wide-ranging scandal. of course, the targets of any type of prosecution like this are usually the people that profited from the scandal, so we're talking about the mastermind, singer, all of those coaches who were involved. however, these parents are not going to get away scot-free. in fact, prosecutors have said that not only are they looking for jail time, but also plea deals that are being discussed behind the scenes are including jail time too. so you're going to see some consequences for some of these parents. connell: that's kind of interesting because, obviously, if you're facing any type of charges, you're going to try to cut some sort of a deal to keep you out of jail, but that tells you they're trying to make an example of people, right, if even the plea deals are going to include time behind bars from
8:31 pm
people i would suspect never expected to be doing time behind bars in their whole life, right? >> absolutely. and everyone here involved should be held accountable to the full extent of the law. this is fraud, and this is a case that has very wide-ranging implications. and a lot of students across the country who have broken their backs to get into good schools, who have spent so much time studying and preparing, students that i work with -- connell: yeah, literally took a spot away from them. >> yes. connell: it was someone else's spots. there's a limited number of spots, especially these athletic spots. they have six spots allocated, if they made one up on a photoshop, it's gone. >> absolutely. it's so unfair to students who do things the right way. if you work hard and you prove if yourself, anyone can make it, and that -- it does not apply when fraudulence is allowed to happen, and i really do hope these people are prosecuted to the full extent of the law because that's what they
8:32 pm
deserve, frankly. connell: misty, i wondered what your take is on this, what about kind of the larger process will change as a result of this, if anything? i've talked to a number of people about it, and some people say it's not the process, it's the, you know, you get -- like you do in any crime -- somebody's breaking a law, committing outright fraud, so you need to have better people and keep an eye on them, and if they break the law, put them in jail. but the process isn't broken, but do you think it is? do you think we have to make some changes in college admissions? >> i certainly think that right now you're going to see all of these schools who, you know, have been identified -- and, of course, there's not criminal charges against them, but they're going to have to do a diagnostic of their admissions process. let's think about the gravity of this whole ordeal, right? you're talking about singer said 750 families that he helped in this way. and that managed somehow to slip through the cracks in the add missions process, this didn't come to light until recently? there's obviously something that needs to be done from the ground
8:33 pm
up, internal investigations to identify anyone in that admissions process that knew or maybe should have known. connell: right. well, i think in the athletic departments someone, i mean, i would argue that someone should have known in some of these athletic departments because if you're a coach and you're saying i have this girl coming to play on my team, and it turns out she didn't even play the sport, an athletic director at some point should know not just the basketball and football players, but all the athletes in his or herat lettic department, whether they're at least, you know, athletes that play that sport. that should be a minimum requirement of any athletic director, and i'm sure it will be going forward. emma, what other changes might be made? as you said, you know a lot about this in terms of the industry helping students get into college. the test prep industry and related consultants, that there might be new regulations and laws put in place, should there be? >> sure. there's a whole market surrounding the business of getting into college.
8:34 pm
students work so hard, they study, they have s.a.t. prep, there's a lot of students that take jobs while they're in high school even, multiple jobs just to get into college and just to be able to afford it. and it's so is unfair that there are students who have just bought their huawei in. it's -- way in. i really do hope that this triggers a national conversation -- connell: right, but do we need more licensing, for example? are there, is singer, you know, is it naive to think this guy, singer, is the only one doing this kind of thing? >> i think if singer was so successful doing this, there's definitely a chance this is happening elsewhere, and i hope that this sparks a conversation and possibly even further investigation into whether this is happening else where. connell: boy, it's amazing just walking around how many people want to talk about this story and continue to do so which tells you there is interest in seeing some change. emma if, misty, good to see both of you, we'll follow it next week as well. in a moment, the president has called for the release of the mueller report, says fine with him. if it's put out there, he has
8:35 pm
nothing to hide. how can this change the landscape? will it change the landscape for 2020? that's next. plus, the debate over paying college athletes is now gaining steam as one senator is calling for student-athletes to be paid as we watch the basketball tournament, a lot of people are talking about this story. we have the former notre dame football coach, the great lou holtz joining us shortly. go and inspired to learn.
8:36 pm
i want my kids to have better oppurtunites than i had. i wish we had classes like the schools across town. i want to hold our elected officials accountable. school boards transform communities, speak up at yours and make your voice heard. text school to 225568 to find out how you can get involved. we should have classes on how to be an entrepreneur.
8:37 pm
i want to make a difference in my community. let's pay teachers like the professionals they are. we need to prepare students for the jobs of the future. school boards transform communities. speak up at yours and make your voice heard. text school to 225568 to find out how you can get involved.
8:38 pm
8:39 pm
♪ ♪ >> and after three years of lies and smears and slander, the russia hoax is finally dead. the collusion delusion is over. [cheers and applause] the special counsel completed its report and found no collusion and no obstruction. [cheers and applause]
8:40 pm
i could have told you that two and a half years ago very easily. connell: the president taking a victory lap last night, and it comes as a new poll reveals beto o'rourke and pete buttigieg are getting a bump in the polls on the democratic side. so are 2020 democrats better off putting their mueller investigation behind them, focusing on the the is, and -- issues, and what about the president? the former clinton campaign adviser antwan seawright who was really enjoying that sound bite. you couldn't see him, madison, but he was enjoying the argument there. anyway, where do we go from here is kind of the big question. i'll start, madison, with you on the trump side. you were in this kind of first post-mueller week, right? so the big debate is do you shift to something like health care -- president did a little
8:41 pm
bit of that this week -- do you take a victory lapp p? how do you handle it after what was, obviously, some good news the president had last weekend? >> i think for two years democratic congressmen and women and liberal commentators slammed the president, many of them claiming that they had evidence that there was russian collusion, which they did not, many of them claiming that the mueller report was going to somehow magically overturn the 2016 election, which it did not. so this is definitely -- connell: and that's the way to do it -- >> but for the american people. connell: enjoy it -- >> i don't think it's about enjoying it, but this is justice. not what these people had been talking about for two years which was completely fake news. i mean, $25 million was spent if on this, 2800 subpoenas, 500 witnesses, i mean, it was an absolutely insane investigation, the second most expensive in history when you break it down day by day. connell: i don't know that we know fully what that impact will
8:42 pm
be, we're going to get the full report, who knows, maybe something else comes out. but what do you say in terms of this was obviously a good week politically for president trump. how is he playing it? >> well, my friend madison knows how much i love and respect her -- connell: i to eau. >> -- buts in she has some gift about what's in that report, think that her comments are very premature. what we don't know is what we don't know, and i'll keep saying that until we with see the 300-page-plus report that we will see. trump's a.g. has said he will release some redacted version of it. that's fine and cool. republicans played this game with the devin nuñes memo just a few months ago, and while they were told specifically not to do it for the purpose of national security, they decided to do it. connell: right. >> what i would tell you about 2020 democrats, i haven't heard many of them -- and i've talked to a number of them personally and publicly -- talk about the mueller investigation. in fact, they've been so focused on some of the issues and the
8:43 pm
failures of president trump and the republican congress, they haven't had time or the need to talk about -- connell: what are you laughing at, madison? >> they're not talking about the mueller report because they don't want to. sure, we don't know every single -- >> madison, madison. >> let me finish. we don't know every single word that's in multiple hundreds of pages of the report, but with we do know no further indictments have been recommended. >> madison, madison! >> there would be further -- [inaudible conversations] >> that's fine that we do not know. connell: right. go ahead -- >> the special prosecutor has recommended no more indictments as far as we know. however, congress has an investigation, and we don't know, as i've been saying so many times on this commercial, what the southern district of new york is going to do. so, madison, put on your seat belt, let's take this ride together -- >> so you think -- connell: one more quick on this, madison, and i do want the talk about match-ups. i don't know, i think that's interesting, but just finish up this thought on mueller.
8:44 pm
>> sure. of i'd be very pleased if robert mueller with $25 million and this extensive investigation wouldn't be able to find things that all of a sudden are magically going to appear today, tomorrow or next week. the president did not collude with russia, the campaign was not colluding with russia. fair and square, we won. >> madison, you wouldn't have made that same argument about some of the things that have resulted in the mueller investigation, like the indictments, like the people going to jail, like people pleading guilty to crimes. in fact, it was you and your party who said this was a witch hunt. this was all a waste of taxpayers' time. now -- >> it tonight result in any indictments in regards to russian collusion, so it was an exe tensive -- connell: i want to talk about a few other things here. antwan gets so animated, that we kind of lose him -- [laughter] >> because i do this. [laughter] connell: i'm only joking around.
8:45 pm
i want to talk about match-ups, okay? for 2020, i mentioned mayor pete, pete buttigieg, supposedly had a good week, he got up to 4% from 1%. he's on the radar. beto o'rourke's raised a lot of money. we'll see what happens with the older candidates, the bernies and the bidens. madison, what's the worst match-up for president trump? is there one that you maybe worry a little bit about? be fair. >> honestly, at this point -- connell: oh, no one? not even one? [inaudible conversations] [laughter] >> of course she would say that. >> right, right, right. to me, no one stood out as a star, i think time will tell. i do think a moderate candidate would be a harder match-up than some of these very far left people, so someone like biden, maybe buttigieg out of indiana would be more concerning because i don't think the nation as a whole really aligns with someone -- connell: here's the thing, i'm sure a lot of people don't know a lot about him yet, but mayor
8:46 pm
pete, the guy's 37 years old. everyone, whereas with bind, hey, are you too old, this guy are learning about him, he's too young. who -- what stands out to you early on about, you know, your side, the democratic field, that's taking shape? >> what stands out to me is the diversity of our candidates whether it's age, whether it's race, whether it's gender or whether it's the fact of how they communicate with the issues and who and how they communicate with the voters. i've said this before, south carolina is the most important state in this democratic primary. whoever wins our nomination in south carolina will have the momentum going into the road to the white house, and i am very confident that we will again take back the residence -- connell: but you don't agree the more moderate as madison says, the more moderate the candidate, the better the chance? >> while i love madison's insight -- [laughter] she's not under the tent that i
8:47 pm
am and, therefore, i think is probably malpractice for her to talk about the democratic ticket. what i do know -- >> no, i'm talking about opposing president trump. connell: i think he starts he starts every sentence with i love madison but -- [laughter] you know i love you, but -- >> no, no. i say this in all seriousness. i think the primary allows for a marketplace of ideas to take place like it did for the republican party in 2016. and so you're going to see a robust conversation -- connell: well, that's interesting. >> and whoever our nominee -- connell: and i mean it -- >> someone who can beat donald trump. connell: i am going to give that to madison, that is ap interesting point -- an interesting point, that you have all these candidates. and republicans last time had everybody on the stage, and it was donald trump who emerged, and you kind of wonder what that dynamic does this time. everybody says there's too many, but sometimes strange things, interesting things, unexpected things happen, i don't know. >> and it goes back to what i
8:48 pm
said before. of it's a little bit too early to say who's ultimately likely to become the democratic nominee. but if you look back to 2015, president trump, i don't believe, had announced yet, so he merged9 as the -- emerged as the star. i don't think we have a star. connell: i love you, madison, but -- >> i agree with you, madison. madison, i actually agree. agree with you. >> thank you. >> that's a good way to end it. i'm sure everybody's aware march madness is underway. the colleges are raking in billions of dollars from those games. the students? they don't get a dime of that money. it's been debated for years when the athletes should get paid. the new development, a certain se (whispers) with the capital one venture card... you'll earn unlimited double miles on every purchase, every day... not just "airline purchases." (loud) holy moley that's a lot of miles!!! shhhhh! what's in your wallet? - shhhhh! - if his denture can cope with... a steak.
8:49 pm
luckily for him, he uses super poligrip. it helps give him 65% more chewing power. leaving brad to dig in and enjoy. super poligrip. so how are you enjoying your it's just lovely.ament? i'm here to let all these folks know how easy it is to save money on their car insurance with geico- oi oi oi set the pick! kick it outside!! shoot the three! shoot the three!! yessssssss!!!!!!
8:50 pm
are you...ok? no, no i'm not. i think i pulled a hammy. could we get some ice? just one cube of ice? geico®. proud partner of ncaa march madness®. comcast business built the nation's largest gig-speed network. then went beyond. beyond chasing down network problems. to knowing when and where there's an issue. beyond network complexity. to a zero-touch, one-box world. optimizing performance and budget. beyond having questions. to getting answers. "activecore, how's my network?" "all sites are green." all of which helps you do more than your customers thought possible. comcast business. beyond fast.
8:51 pm
8:52 pm
connell: all right, that time of year with the country going crazy over march madness, one connecticut senator adding to growing calls for college athletes to be paid. i'm joined by the former head coach of notre dame football, lou holtz, who's on the phone with us tonight. coach, great to talk to you. you know, this has been gaining momentum for some time. i know you're an old school guy, but even some folks who have been around for a while say, you know what? maybe it's time to pay these guys in college sports. what's your take on it?
8:53 pm
>> i think they should pay 'em, definitely, if they go to walmart or mcdonald's, but if they go to college, absolutely not. [laughter] coaches are making so much doggone money, that's a travesty. the most i made at notre dame was $135,000 -- connell: is that right? you should sue! >> coaches could not make more than the president, and the president took the vow of poverty. they his raised it my sixth year there, but here's what i'm saying. you go to college not to be an employee. you two to college to learn how to make a living but also how to make a life. you on scholarship, and you going to leave college with an education and without a $50,000 tet to the government -- debt to the government. connell: you're right, that's become a big problem. i've heard a bunch of arguments to fight back because, like i say, this has been gaping momentum. here's what i think is the best
8:54 pm
one, at least the one i've heard. people say, you're going to college on a scholarship for argument's sake to be a musician, and they give you a scholarship, but you can go out and play on the weekend at a bar somewhere and make money. nobody stops you, so why not with the athletes? if they want to sell their jerseys, whatever the case may be, why can't they make money for that? you can do it if you're on scholarship for other things. >> well, i think, i agree with you, if you could make money outside of the university. but here's what you have to understand. all the olympic sports, all the women's sport, everything is paid through football. if you're going to pay football players, you're going to pay basketball, women's sports? connell: no, i get that, or but i say let's just pay the guys and the women -- like zion williamson, if you sold his consumer city, everybody would buy it -- jersey, everybody would buy it. at least let mihm make the money off that. is that okay? >> you're going to open the
8:55 pm
pandora's box and never get it closed. nowhere along that line. hey, when you go to college, you never have enough money. people would say you need a haircut. i don't look in the mirror, i look at my wallet. the problem is we want everything that we want now on the present time. when you're on scholarship, you've got a chance to do it for a living. connell: yeah. >> but -- connell: i think you're coming around on this, coach. you said you don't want the pay 'em, but i think i've convinced you. [laughter] we're making progress. got that run. it was really a great to talk to you. the great lou holtz, former coach of notre dame football with us here tonight. okay, we'll be right back. -♪ just like any other family ♪ the house, kids, they're living the dream ♪ ♪ and here comes the wacky new maid ♪ -maid? uh, i'm not the... -♪ is she an alien, is she a spy? ♪ ♪ she's always here, someone tell us why ♪ -♪ why, oh, why
8:56 pm
-♪ she's not the maid we wanted ♪ -because i'm not the maid! -♪ but she's the maid we got -again, i'm not the maid. i protect your home and auto. -hey, campbells. who's your new maid? cake in the conference room!. showing 'em you're ready to be your own boss. that's the beauty of your smile. bring out the best in it with crest 3d white. crest removes 95% of surface stains... in just three days. can we talk? we used to play so beautifully together. now we can barely play anything... even cards with the girls. if you have bent fingers, and can't lay your hand flat, talk to your doctor. it may be dupuytren's contracture. your hand is talking.
8:57 pm
isn't it time you listened? there are nonsurgical options. take the first step. and learn more about dupuytren's. at factsonhand.com ♪ ♪another summer day is come and gone away♪ ♪in paris and rome but i want to go home♪ ♪mmmmmmmm ♪maybe surrounded by a million people i♪ ♪still feel all alone i just want to go home♪ ♪oh i miss you, you know ♪let me go home ♪i've had my fun baby i'm done♪ ♪i gotta go home
8:58 pm
♪it will all be alright ♪i'll be home tonight ♪i'm comin back home when she was diagnosed with alzheimer's, it just turned my life upside down. it was difficult for me to identify 'cause she normally forget where she left the keys
8:59 pm
or if she had something to do. she can have a conversation like normal with a neighbor, but suddenly, she comes to me and she say, who's that, i don't know who's that. and she start repeating the same questions. when she was diagnosed, she say, ah, what are you telling me? no, i don't have this. 'cause she didn't want to, to recognize what was happening to her. one in 10 americans over 65 has alzheimer's disease, and 2/3 are women. for more information, go to brightfocus.org. connell: all right. that just about does it for us tonight. just one more important matter e and that would be self-promotion. you can catch me on weekdays, 4 p.m. eastern time with the great melissa francis. so great that she appears to be
9:00 pm
pushing me out of that picture. why is that the case? after the bell. never noticed that before tonight. i'm connell mcshane in for trish. >> the heyday of hollywood. >> it was exciting. bette davis, marilyn monroe, joan crawford. >> a star-struck teen bit by the bug. >> before there were paparazzi, there was jack kuster. >> this autograph hound takes names like no other... >> elvis and, oh my gosh, robert redford. >> you name it, all of them. >> it's probably the best collection in the world. >> ...and leaves his stunned heir a lot to sort out. >> what, in your wildest dreams, is this collection worth? [ theme music plays ] ♪

20 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on