Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  December 18, 2013 1:00am-2:01am PST

1:00 am
network. 9:20, everyone. "the five" is next. hello. i'm here with hello, it's 5:00 in the new york city. this is "the five." we are eight days from christmas and the world is a wash of christmas lights but here at home the politically correct are trying to ruin christmas for the kids twochlt examples, first up, it's a tradition that's been around for 50 years. norad tracked santa's sleigh. kids can log on to the website and track the sleigh. leave it to a group of grinchy
1:01 am
kids campaign and say since fighter jets are guiding the sleigh they're promoting militarism. >> this whole thing, you know, one of the things that drives me crazy about this, if people don't like christmas decorations, put your own up. if you are jewish, do that, muslims you do that. but i just think the whole idea is just so it infringes on me right to have a way to celebrate a very important day to me. so i think they're all a bunch of grinches and should go away. >> that's the norad video. so what if jet fighters are escorting santa. >> i wonder, the parents
1:02 am
complaining about this, that they don't want fighter jets around santa's sleigh, first of all i would say what video games do they think their kids are playing because the video games the kids are asking for have fighter jets and more involved and also norad is an amazing place. every year they do it and do it just right. they never lose track. >> campaign for commercial free childhood. i'm against commercial free childhood. >> yes, i think kids should be bombarded with commercials. but this is not about christmas. this is about the military. i wouldn't be surprise first degree this group is academically originated. if there was no military there would be no christmas or if there was we would be the reindeer pulling a nazi sleigh. military has done for more kids
1:03 am
than pampers and pacifiers. >> they're good for the parents too. >> i'll use them on occasion. >> every time we do one of these stories it's some group against the military or kids. like two things if you can just give yourselves a break around the holidays. leave kids and the military alone. i looked up this campaign for a commercial free childhood. they are also the fun police that when they're not busy trying to stop santa from getting here safely they want to end the happy meal. they're behind getting rid of the happy meal and the toys in the happy meal. so they're against toys also. you know the bouncy chairs for parents that millions rely on. greg, you have one, you love it. they want to take your bouncy chair away. >> they have to pry it from my cold bouncy hands. >> how else do they think santa gets here safely anyway? >> exactly. what bothers me about this is every christmas we show pictures
1:04 am
of servicemen and women who are overseas and sending christmas wishes to their kids back home and i think the idea of attacking this thing, and you're exactly right, the jet fighters in the video games shoot down and kill people. they're not killing santa claus. they're getting him in safely. next up, check out the hunter family home in newton, massachusetts. but listen to the letter written by neighbors. they have a problem with the lights. >> not everybody in the neighborhood is christian and many don't wish to see such a fragrant display of your belief. you are free to celebrate as you please and free to have bad taste but please have the good sense to do these things in the privacy of your own home, sincerely your neighbors. >> if you're sincere about something like that you shouldn't have to read it from a letter. you have to say it from your
1:05 am
heart. >> they didn't want to do that. anonymous letter from the neighbors. >> i wrote that letter so we would have a topic at fox news. i have been behind the war on christmas for the past years. none of these things are real. >> it's all a mirage. >> i'm saving bob for last because he does something like this on his own. >> maybe they just like lights. who cares. it's their property. if you don't like it, don't look at it. >> is that bob's house. >> did we mix bob's house in there. >> yes, you did. but that's okay. >> bob do you get complaints? >> i get complaints because too many people drive-by the house buchlt that's about traffic. this one says it's not in good taste. she's not in good taste. >> they were the homeowners, the neighbors anonymously sent the letter to her. >> the letter was not in good taste. if you don't like it, keep it in your own home. they are. it's on their property.
1:06 am
they can do what they want with it. in this world, with so many depressing things, you want have a few lights, you don't like lights, you're in the dark world. it's an ugly place. >> you take your plug and plug into the neighbors. >> well, they're good. >> and that line about good taste, that told me these people are snobs. like they're judging. someone that's over the top about christmas, they're those people that probably work at the university. they probably work at a university. >> do you know what it is about, it's about a leisure culture that has allowed people the time to gripe about things that, perhaps in the 1950s, you just got out of war and wouldn't complain about this. we have a very great country that allows us to wine about stuff. >> right. >> if they did that to me, i have a lot of extra christmas decorations i would go down to their houses and decorate about
1:07 am
3:00 in the morning just to let them know what it's like to have a few lights and things going on. >> against the law though. >> yesterday we showed you the drunken santas fighting in the streets. today we're going to bring you these two brawling broads at the philly city hall christmas tree lighting. watch a little of this. >> what were they fighting over? >> their seat. >> music makes it great. >> exactly. >> all right. so philly, by the way, the two ladies were fighting for a spot closer to see the christmas tree lighting. >> philly, why. i'm a pennsylvania girl. why do you keep doing that? you keep fulfilling that stereotype that we're a bunch of violent meat heads. >> there are a lot of meat heads there. but it's one thing to fight at football games. but to do it against the front
1:08 am
line, what are these people thinking about? what's the good cheer. i understand greg. he's a grinch. he's been that way all of his life. but most people enjoy the season. >> why is this season any different? why are we saying it's the christmas season we shouldn't be fighting. no, you should be fighting all the time. >> every day in philly. every day. >> have you been to a philly game? no matter what it is. eagles, flyers, doesn't matter. this stuff goes on. these are the same people. they just have santa claus hats on. >> i think it proves that america is overtired. by the end of the year you're running out of steam. you got to get all the gifts and you go to an event like that and you lose your head because you're exhausted. >> is that what you have done? >> i try not to throw a tantrum and lie on the floor and fall asleep. cry myself to sleep. >> that's what you did yesterday. >> i did and it worked. thank you wifi people. >> now for the hope, an
1:09 am
anonymous patron is leaving huge tips for waiters, waitresses and bartenders across the country. tips for jesus left a $5,000 tip on a $576 bar tab. in michigan a $3,000 tip left on an $87 tab and in fairfield, connecticut a big tip left for waiters at a college town restaurant known for cheap beer. all of it is documented on instagram at the handle tips for jesus. >> jesus has to be totally psyched because if there's a jesus at every restaurant, he should demand that money. >> that was him traveling to all of those places. >> this is the greatest idea ever. you want to leave money -- this is the best idea i ever heard. go out and have a great dinner and then spread some of your wealth around. this is a fantastic idea. i love this. rather than have the government tell me what to do with it.
1:10 am
>> i would love to have enough money to be able to do something like that. that would be amazing to do that generous. >> real tough on this talk show money? >> it's so hard. but what i was going to say is a few weeks ago robert reich came out complaining about fill lame and some people give to the arts and sciences rather than to homeless people and should there be better morals, this is his point, not mine, that he was making and there's a lot of different ways to give. >> and to that point, there's a lot of charities that give 10 or 15 cents on the dollar give to the people in need. bartenders, waiters and waitresses are people in need. this is a great idea. >> greg, that was just a terrible thing to say. a lot of people in central park west live check by check.
1:11 am
>> well, these tips are from jesus. jesus never made it into my parent's addrerestaurant. >> what if you're the only waiter. >> but if you're the busboy that's great because there's a tip share. >> what if they don't? >> well then they get to take it home themselves. >> on instagram, there are waiters and waitresses sending their exact address and saying come visit me too. >> i think this is wrong because until there's tips for mohammed -- >> that's the point. there never will be. >> i wonder if that's tithing their big tip. >> let's do it. too cool for school, 75% of adults surveyed believe christmas is cool even in school, even in public school. bring it around, your thoughts. >> yeah, why isn't it?
1:12 am
we do these stories right with people that get so angry during the holiday season. i don't see what the problem is. we are free. we're tolerant. we're supposed to be. it's a tradition. anyone who is against christmas in schools, it goes back to the fun police or you're from philadelphia because you're fighting over the song, that was the craziest thing. >> i saw christmas pageants in my school every year and if you want to have a pageant for another religion, have one. >> i'm not surprised at the number but i think that it would probably be just as many that would say learn about it too. >> yeah. it reflects the consequence of aging. as you spend more time on the planet you have less time in front of you. for kids it seems like it takes forever to get there but as an adult it's always around the corner reminding you that you're going to die. >> but the baby jesus comes so you're actually going to live.
1:13 am
>> we're going to leave it at that. >> there's one thing our government knows how to do well. it's not health care, nor is it craving full time jobs. your government does know, however, how to spend and blow your money. we have the list of useless crap you're paying for. you're going to love it, kind of, when we come back. useless g for your buck. we'll have that coming up.
1:14 am
1:15 am
1:16 am
1:17 am
♪ all right. a bipartisan budget bill a bipartisan budget bill cleared a hurdle in the senate today. as early as tonight it could be voted on. another shutdown would be averted. that's the goal of the bill but there's plenty that law makers could have cut. the annual waste book is out and here's the highlights. $125,000 for nasa to develop a pizza that can be printed in 3-d. $390,000 for nasa to produce a cartoon series that teaches kids about greg's favorite subject global warming. $325,000 for a study that
1:18 am
determined that wives would find marriage much more satisfying if they could calm down faster during arguments with their husbands and how could we forget the $319 million blown on the botched healthcare.gov website. this is always a fun day when the waste book comes out. it comes out on the same day they get a budget deal. it's a long way from the days of -- remember the defense department, $800 toilet seat and things like that? do you think things have gotten better or are they just as bad as ever? >> they're probably as bad as ever but of course we listed these things that grab our viewers attention. of course obamacare had to be in there. but we don't mention defense budget after defense budget after defense budget for systems that nobody wants. the defense department is always the largest number in this issue. >> okay. but, however -- but healthcare.gov is on everybody's mind. >> not sure about the last part. >> excuse me.
1:19 am
>> let's not argue the numbers yet. first let's talk about healthcare.gov. so $300 million for a website that doesn't work. but do you think we'll ever know how much it costs for the fixes. >> i bet it's tenfold. i bet it gets into a billion dollars. absolutely. the amount of hours they're spending. if you know anything about how much it costs for it, this could be multiples if not ten times what the 300 million was. that's originally what we paid the french canadian contractor. it's going to be higher than that. the waste book outlines $30 million, that's less than one penny on the dollar. we spend 3.5 trillion dollars a year. we could probably find 3$300
1:20 am
billion if we really tried. >> do you think washington is ignoring the easy stuff? or even when this budget that's going to pass tonight they're dealing with military retirees, people that didn't serve a full 20 years but are obligated to a pension. i'm trying to set up a question for you. i'm going to take tomorrow off. >> all pizza is 3-d. >> but you don't make it on a printer. you make it in an oven. >> that is a printer. an oven is a printer. you take the ingredients and put it in there and it makes a pizza. it's fun but it's pointless if there are no consequences. it's like yelling at your spoiled brat of a kid to stop spending but you never cut up the credit cards. obamacare, however, is important because it's permanent. it's a big thing that it's a lesson to everybody about intrusive government that four
1:21 am
decades of libertarianism could never do. if people learned anything from this year, it's that big government sux. >> andrea, do you think the congressmen feel anything about the fact that there's no consequences for this? >> they usually feel them when they're in an re-election campaign. then they usually feel the heat. now, no, they escape the heat and harry reid because he changed the procedure and the senate rules makes it easier than ever for any senator to slip this kind of thing in. you didn't mention this one, but thousands of dollars for pole dancing in austin. it seems like they're making these up. >> the art of pole dancing. >> it san art. >> yes, it is. >> but look back dana, we were debating benefits for military members and that's what makes people the angriest is because when it comes down to these contentious fights it's over military benefits but they have no problem wasting money. >> as eric pointed out a
1:22 am
minuscule amount of money. i know it's part of his mantra but do you not want to pay the information debt or defense or social security? do you want to pay medicare? how about border security? >> it's about choices. >> but you're down to a small percentage of the government that's big. >> yeah but i would rather spend on the benefits than like illegal imgranmigrants getting credits. >> that's a small part of it. >> social security, $871 billion. department of health and human services 860. there's got to be fat and fraud and waste and abuse we can cut in there and save some money. defense is third. >> so there are plenty of -- i'm sure there's abuse -- >> should we start at social security and medicare? >> the you're talking about cutting here is about 15% of the budget.
1:23 am
i could agree with that. but some of the rest of these things, you keep saying it and say we don't need big government, yes you do need big government or you're going to give up on these big programs. >> we all agree on keeping social security and keeping health care for seniors. the problem is no one has the courage to tackle it and every time republican dos to save it and not get rid of it, they get ripped apart by democrats. >> well not only that when simpson boyles came together it was a good plan and great compromise. >> that was one of the great lost opportunities of the year i think. >> if i'm not mistaken president obama asked for the commission and they went through the whole process and obama didn't like what he found and said forget it. >> maybe one day we'll find what kind of words were used when they found that out. >> i can never stop talking about simpson boyles.
1:24 am
>> do you hate me or hate me? honestly, before we go, a special programming note. set your dvr or tune in, what the denver post doesn't want you to know about the colorado school shooter. greg has that, even though he's mean to me, when we come back. mean to me, when we come back.
1:25 am
1:26 am
1:27 am
1:28 am
did you know that the arapahoe shooter was a socialist. it is not your fault if y >> did you know the arapahoe shooter was a socialist? it's not your fault if you didn't. a description of him as a very opinionated socialist was changed later to just very
1:29 am
opinionated. generally they obsess all over a killer's believes. when a editor was asked about the missing words they said we decided not to have another student apply a label to the student. i kind of agree, the less you focus on the killers detailed as offers by classmates the better. inspired by the coverage of previous massacres, killers fantasize about their own outcomes. although i'm not sure that's why socialists got cut. would they have been so thoughtful if it were a teapartier? we know the answer because we have seen the linkage before in the media. remember the gabby giffords or the boston bomber? sometimes they edit to reach a narrative they believe. the paper also has their targets and socialists aren't as
1:30 am
desirable as others. >> should they have left it in, do you think? does it matter? >> i think it's pretty unprofessional to edit a direct quote. i also think if they didn't want to do a story to focus on the details of the shooter, they shouldn't have done a story called what his classmates said about his politics. seems pretty straightforward. plus you have other outlets, the wall street journal, who confirmed that numerous students said he was a socialist. we have seen this before. there were reports that the sandy hook shooter was a devil worshipper. that left that out. there were reports in virginia tech that the killer was sedated. they didn't tell you that. he was sedated by two people that had a gun and lived nearby. if it fits their narrative, they'll put it in. even if it doesn't make sense and this case was the opposite and now they look foolish. >> bob, do you think it would be
1:31 am
better to blanket show restraint in reporting these stories to prevent copy cats? because the more attention you give to the suspect the more likely you create a repeat. >> but this guy never described himself as a socialist. why should we take two students views of what he is. 24e probably didn't know what socialists meant. as most people probably don't understand what it means. the fact of the matter is why should a paper take two kids in a class and decide that this is what the guy is. >> i agree with you but i would like to see it done uniformly. if they had called him a tea partier i wonder if he would. >> i could have seen something where he called himself a socialist. >> or communist. >> wasn't it brian ross who immediately -- he googled and i think it was the aurora movie theater shooter, had the wrong
1:32 am
name and tea party association with the wrong guy and went to air with this guy's a tea partier so he seeked out the political affiliation. and in this case, this was there. this wasn't even them investigating. they were just reporting that someone else had already said and they blew it and editorialized there. >> dana, we had this discussion earlier. there is ample evidence of what they call suicide contagion effect when you report on teenage suicide. so they made a deal, law enforcement made a deal with the media to seek with the romantic language about suicide and move it off the front pages. do you think that works here or do you need to have that information out there, perhaps to make linkage and find out something that might help. >> so i understand not romancing it. i don't understand whitewashing it. so they did the story that says what the student said, very strange to edit somebody's
1:33 am
quote. a student said what the student said. if the denver post decides that the student was wrong, they can add a sentence that says we think the student was wrong. the student doesn't know what she is talking about. whatever it might be. but i do think however it is important to find out what everybody knows because if you are in law enforcement or you're a teacher or parent, wouldn't you want to know what sort of code word or language interesting used so you can prevent it in the future? now we have a young woman fighting for her life and they're whitewashing it in a paper that's the hometown paper and i do not believe that the denver post would have said he's a very opinionated right wing extremist. they wouldn't have edited it out. right wing extremist. >> why do you say they're whitewashing it because a couple of students that were kids decided to name this guy something? >> this makes me so angry when i hear people say they're just a bunch of kids but when they're 15 they can get plan b but they're kids because they can
1:34 am
stay on their parents health care but they're 18 so they can vote. are they adults or kids. and the kid that said he was a socialist also used the word cansian. >> somebody is doing something right at arapahoe high school that they even knew who that was. >> i didn't come across that word until i was 34. i don't know. but claire davis is still in a coma in critical condition. we hope she gets out of it alive and heals. all right. ahead on the 5, a disturbing new report on the muslim assault on christians in egypt. the investigation you'll want to know about.
1:35 am
1:36 am
1:37 am
1:38 am
1:39 am
♪ well, the muslim oppression of the christians in egypt is nothing new. some people hoped the recent revolution would improve things but it didn't. in fact, the opposite has been true. they're increasing their assault on christians and in churches. here's the witness telling 60 minutes about one of the attacks. >> they looted anything from chairs to pews. they stole anything they couldn't carey. what they couldn't carry they destroyed. >> how did they set the church on fire? >> with gasoline. >> on their way out the attackers left behind a calling card, graffiti saying that egypt is islamic. >> all right. greg, before the revolution when the muslim brotherhood took over, christians were pretty well protected by the former egyptian leadership. now we see this getting worse. that's just one attack. they have been attacked ever since the muslim brotherhood has
1:40 am
fallen from power and the egyptian government declared them a terrorist organization. maybe we should too. >> i'm beginning to question this whole religion of peace thing. it's only peaceful if you're a part of that religion. but the question i always have to ask is what are you scared of? if you're religion is so awesome, why are you threatened by other believes? it makes me think that they're incredibly insecure about their own believes or else they wouldn't be murdering people. they're cowards. >> dana, president obama has had many opportunities to address the coptic christians when he addressed the nation about syria but he has done the opposite. he allowed the muslim brotherhood to be there in the first or second row. they were not supposed to be here. our government sent the very expensive tanks to egypt when the broohood was in power and this administration has remained quite, in fact, going out of
1:41 am
their way to say they're actually moderate. >> unfortunately, i don't think it's just a problem for this administration. it's going back decades that coptic christians have been fleeing egypt but they make up about 10% of the population of egypt. they have only two people in government action in the senior government, like they're trying to put together a government. and i would hope that behind the scenes the obama administration through the state department is trying to help make that better. i do wonder about two things, america can't be the world's policemen, i understand that. but who is going to be? and who will stick up for the women and children? there are reports of abduction of women and younger coptic girls who are sexually exploited and forced to convert. someone needs to stand in and protect them. >> that's the real war on women they don't talk about.
1:42 am
virtually every terrorist passed through some muslim brotherhood indoctrination. that's where they originated. why does this administration, then, downplay the muslim brotherhood so much and say it is such a great thing when they were going to take over? >> i'm not sure. i don't want to go there. i don't think it matters. here's what matters, the coptic christians have been persecuted and discriminated against for decades. it's still going on. we have done stories like this before and we always say where is the muslim community and the bottom line is its great that 60 minutes puts this up and we're talking about it. america needs to understand what's going on over there and maybe at some point moderate muslims, if they're out there, if you're out there, you step up and say stop. it's not happening to muslims in america. it shouldn't happen to christians in other country. there's countries that we recognize as democracies.
1:43 am
>> what do you think, bob? >> it's one of the more outrageous disgusting displays of antichristianity that i have seen anywhere. the coptics were there before the muslims were there. not only that, it's not just churches. they're doing this to businesses and schools and to people on the streets. and this on top of the military saying we're going to defend the coptics? and the court nous have mas now decisions where muslims were killed and they give life sentences and christians were killed and they didn't try to prosecute it. it is selective and antichristian. it is prepetrated by radical muslims and they're cowards and stand up and are afraid to give a penalty against the muslims. we don't do that here and some people may think she should do it here. but you ought to stop doing it. you're tired of it.
1:44 am
use your sense. they were there before you were. >> should we declare them a terrorist organization? >> egyptians? >> anybody that participates in that ought to be done with what mohammed said. put their head on a chopping block. i had other things to say. >> no, i love when you go off like this. the government of egypt considers them a terror organization. why doesn't the united states? >> american did put a coptic christian in bars. so we're guilty too. >> that's very true. >> next, the mega million dollar lottery could turn into a billion lottery if nobody wins tonight. want to know why they're getting so big? it's not an accident. we'll explain when we come back.
1:45 am
1:46 am
test test
1:47 am
1:48 am
christmas is coming. wouldn't it be a sweet present to win the $636 million jackpot tonight. i bought a ticket. the pot keeps growing and could climb to $1 billion by christmas
1:49 am
if no one wins tonight. there's been a lot of discuss about this. how it hurts some people more than other people. there's a doctor that gives this -- let's pull this up first. this is a doctor explaining why this is such a good thing. >> the proceeds go to necessary programs that states have that otherwise they would be having taxes for. it's like willy wonka and the chocolate factory, the idea that rich, poor, any corner of the earth, if you have that winning ticket, it's you. >> what do you think is the chance of getting the winning ticket? >> 1 in 275 million now because they upped the odds and made it more difficult. but you want to debate the merits of lottery, there aren't very many. you put a dollar in. the state takes at best 50%, maybe more sometimes and half the other winnings go back to you. it's basically a tax or you can have fun with it and say if i won i would do this with it.
1:50 am
if i won i would tithe and give you guys some money. >> that's good. because i have been hurting. >> but the thing about this is that i was never allowed to gamble. >> that's a surprise. >> i never think i'm going to win so i don't participate but i probably should buy a ticket tonight i guess. >> yeah. >> greg, do you buy tickets for this? >> no. i'll tell you why. it's a flaw in human thinking. the idea it could be me who wins. yes, you could also be murdered. if you wish to beat the odds to win lotto, be aware that the odds of being murdered and hit by lightning are higher. you do not want to root for life's randomness because life's randomness is deadlier than it is helpful. if you sit here and say i hope i win the lottery you're going to get run over by a bus. that's more likely to happen. it's against you. life's randomness is evil and deadly.
1:51 am
>> closing down the whole lottery system i guess. >> what would you do? >> but i think life's randomness is what allowed five people to be sitting around a table on a hit talk show. we're pretty lucky. >> and there's a plane somewhere with five people that just went into the mountains. >> you are so evil and dark. >> lightning is going to hit you when you walkout side. >> randomness is not a good thing. >> i play when it's not a big mega million. i'll just see the little 12 million on the sign and i'll say i'm going to go in today because a lot of people probably aren't playing. that's when i play. >> we are very fortunate here. >> except for dana. >> we're very fortunate. i have a hunch winning the lottery would actually be worse for any one of us individually. >> i'd never see you people again. i'd be in south carolina so fast. >> are you kidding me? you wouldn't be on "the five". >> you would get up in the
1:52 am
middle of the show. you wouldn't look back. >> i'm a gambler as you all know. i like to gamble on a lot of things i think i have a chance at. the horse track. poker. a few other things. this is the first time i ever bought a lotto ticket. >> would you still work if you won. >> sure. >> i would too. >> i would work from my screened in porch. >> you know, people who did win the lottery, though, their lives go to hell. nobody ever has a dwogood life. >> that's so not true. >> i hope greg wins the lotto. .
1:53 am
1:54 am
time were money more thing.
1:55 am
>> this with the anniversary of the william and orville wright flight. the next time a christian child dies in your country egypt, no more aid. none. come at me with it. no more student visas for muslim students until we find those missing in this country and beyond that, if you're going to continue to do this, if your prophet was for this let us know about it. you're cowards and afraid of the islamists. >> yeah. >> punks. >> you're right. >> you're up. >> i don't know how i segway from that, but last year rush finally was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and this year other favorites have been inducted including hall and oates. yes. they were inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and this was a shocker, kiss. it took this long for kiss to be inducted. linda ronstadt is another one.
1:56 am
nirvana and peter gabriel. >> i thought you were going to say limbaugh. >> no the band rush. >> there's a guy named simon beck making amazing art. he does this all by his skis. he used to orient maps. but if you're up on a chair lift and you're going to go skiing you can see these amazing things he does all by himself. he maps them out and he does the skiing. he let us know that his feet are in a bad way but if he keeps off the front of his feet he is able to do this amazing snow art. >> you see a lot of that snow art on vacation, huh? >> i don't get vacation. >> if you won the lottery you would. >> if you saw us the other day,
1:57 am
we picked our secret santas. i can't say who it is. but i want suggestions so hit me up on facebook and twitter. here's the addresses. let me know some of your ideas for the people on the five. could be andrea or bob or dana or greg, let me know who you think. >> is it me? >> might be. i had you like two years. >> i know and i got my wine like 8 months later. >> but you did get it. >> i got it. >> well, you're up gregory. >> i had -- i was going to talk about how vitamins are a waste of time. i love this because they are a waste of time. don't take vitamins. it's expensive urine. but the fact that i was talking about the lottery earlier, a guy just won a howard stern contest. he was an 84-year-old grandfather. he won this contest with a date with two women. he was very excited about it. he choked to death hours before the date on a steak. >> that approves your theory
1:58 am
from the b block or c block or d block -- >> life's randomness. >> you know a lot about these vitamins. you said they're like urine but isn't there some group that drinks urine. >> yes. >> seriously. >> yeah, they're called democrats. >> that's funny. >> republicans do the other. >> don't eat the yellow snow. >> here we go. don't forget, set your dvrs. never miss an episode of "the five." we'll be back here tomorrow. special guest for the entire hour. special report on deck. >> is there really people? charles krauthammer. >> is there
1:59 am
fox and friends first starts right now. >> and good morning. you are watching fox and friends first on this wednesday morning. i'm heather childers. >> thank you for starting your day with us. well, we begin with the mega story that everyone is talking about. two lucky people are waking up
2:00 am
multimillionaires this morning. two tickets to match the winning numbers in last night's $636 million mega millions jackpot. it's the second largest prize in the lottery's history. one winning ticket was sold at a newsstand atlanta, georgia, another at jinny's gift shop. 8, 20, 14, 17 and 39. the mega ball is 7. the cash payout for the jackpot is $341 million. what a way to wake up this morning for two people anyway. urgent space walks to fix a cooling line on the space station. two space walks will be required to fix the problem. astronauts will be forced to shut down after the cools system shut down. the space walk is scheduled for saturday. >> the family of a girl

62 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on