Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  April 5, 2017 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
good night from washington everybody. see you tomorrow night back in new york. ♪ >> the o'reilly factors on tonight. >> across a lot of lines for me. when you kill innocent children, innocent babies and, it's very, very possible that my attitude towards syria and assad has changed very much. >> bill: president trump threatening syria for using poison gas to kill civilians including women and children. what should the president do to that country? lou dobbs will analyze. >> they are defaming her without any reason to do so because she's a woman, maybe because she's a black woman. >> bill: the crazy left now saying that susan rice now, trump surveillance controversy as a racial thing. did you expect anything else?
5:01 pm
talking points is on. also ahead, dennis miller on china. an ambassador john bull on whether president obama will be dragged into the rice story. >> caution, you are about to enter the no spin zone, the factor begins right now. hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. a few powerful people in washington really want to know the truth and? that is the subject of tonight's talking points. remember that the irs was accused of auditing some conservative groups for political reasons. that is illegal. the woman in charge of the office that allegedly happened was lois lerner. she was called to testify in front of a congressional committee. she took the fifth. >> while i would very much like to answer the community's
5:02 pm
questions today, i've been advised by my counsel to assert my constitutional right not to testify or answer questions related to the subject matter of this hearing. >> bill: after that, ms. lerner packed up and left the irs with a nice government pension. absolutely nothing happened to her. and we never learned if higher government officials were involved in that irs scandal. however, we did learn this. when i asked president obama about the situation. you're saying no corruption. >> and there some boneheaded decisions. >> bill: but no corruption. >> not even mass corruption, not even a smidgen of corruption. >> bill: believes the obama administration did not want to know what happened with the irs. the left-wing media did not want to know nor did the democratic party. and we don't know. so today, we have two big time political allegations. whether the trump campaign
5:03 pm
colluded with russia and whether national security advisor susan rice was spying on the trump campaign and transition team using her position with president obama in the white house to surveilled and hurt donald trump. answers to both of those questions have not been provided to the american people as they must be if we are to keep our election system legitimate. the fbi's investigating the russian deal. i'm not sure where the agency is only illegal surveillance issue. the borough has not defined it. the congress is looking into ms. rice. >> i've asked the intelligence community to conduct a bipartisan investigation of this whole episode whom. they will conduct it. hopefully at the end we'll find out what happened and i'll issue a report i hope on a bipartisan basis. >> not likely. as democrats and the liberal media have already quitted susan rice. >> one of the central figures
5:04 pm
the replicants went after and after was susan rice. after two years, they can find nothing that susan rice did wrong. >> bill: congressmen, raking member of the house intelligence committee speaking about mrs. rice's role in benghazi investigation including the opinion that she's a scapegoat even before any testimony is heard. this congressman really wanted know what happened in the surveillance deal? you make the call. it's obvious his fellow travelers on the left do not want to know, the loons are now burning the whole thing racial. >> did she do something wrong? >> there's no information indicating that so they are making her basically defaming her without any reason to do so because she's a woman, maybe because she's a black woman. >> bill: as talking points said yesterday, susan rice is entitled to the perception of innocence and should be called by congress to testify as soon as possible. but with easter break looming,
5:05 pm
that call will be down the road. at that time, i expect ms. rice to take the fifth just as lois lerner did. that means others in government will have to step forward to testify about what susan rice did or did not do in order for we the people to know. today, president trump said the surveilled situation is "going to be the biggest story, such an important story for our country and the world, one of the biggest stories of our time for it" it's clear the president has a vested interest in this having tweeted he was surveilled by president obama himself. obviously mr. trump would like to know what happened. but the anti-trump folks would try to prevented some light on susan rice, there's no doubt about that. if the former national security advisor was using her very high office to help the democratic party before and after the election of, that's a huge scandal. president obama will have to be questions of that. that's a big if, premature conclusions as long as
5:06 pm
speculations are the enemies of truth and justice. the polls say most americans want answers to the russian intrusion into the presidential election and i believe most of us want to know the whole susan rice story as well. the federal government cannot define both situations fairly quickly, this nation is a major trouble. america simply has to have a justice system that works. and that's a memo. next time on rundown reaction, president trump threatening syria. which of the usa do to that country for using poison gas and? those reports after these messages.
5:07 pm
5:08 pm
>> bill: powerful politicians even want to know the truth about important things affecting the american people. with us here. on the susan rice front, the democrats don't want to know
5:09 pm
anything about this and the press doesn't want to know anything about it either. >> i think that in a sense, by concentrating on the left and susan rice and the allegations by donald trump of unmasking and leaks and so forth, you are absolutely half right. the other half is the right is trying its best and certainly the trump administration -- >> bill: let me stop you. to obscure the russian investigation. let's put that aside for once. bannon can put either of them inside. >> bill: he's a republican, that's what he does. you stay on your left-wing friends. this is a pretty interesting story as an investigative reporter yourself and i am as well. this is a really interesting story, is it not? >> i don't need to be tiresome but i think they're both interesting goals. >> bill: i believe that susan rice, the circumstances leading up to her admission of unmasking
5:10 pm
is intriguing and it could hint at her being one of the prime sources of the leaks that have so worked. even more than that, what i find fascinating about this story and i'm the biggest guy. i said last night, perception of innocence has to be applied and i said it again tonight. why did she do it? she didn't do it on her own. susan rice doesn't do stuff on her own. and she was third close to president obama. first is valerie. >> let me take my assignment. >> bill: is the fascination of the story. if you have a situation where an extremely hostile republican candidate is not only running to be president of the united states but is also doing everything he can to disparage the 44th president of, the obama presidency and the amada administration of course you'd want to now and have the
5:11 pm
intelligence people saying these people colluded with the russians them. >> bill: i want to get dirt on him. but they definitely want to get dirt. >> bill: that's not her role. that's not what she supposed to do. she's not supposed to do that. it's go to you. because you are very big on this rice story. >> i almost said. >> bill: u, eric bolling, that big on the russian collusion? >> geraldo, great question. what russian collusion? what we do have on rice is a felony. a felony was committed, point blank. [all talking at once]
5:12 pm
once it was linked to the media, somebody committed a felony. i'm not saying rice did, but so many did. i said on the one hand in the right field. on the russian collusion, there's no proof of that. >> i don't care about the proof. >> you should. >> i don't because is not my job and it's impossible for me to get it. what i care about is your intent. are you as intense as getting the truth about the russian collusion story which we don't know yet, you're obsolete right. no evidence has been presented. so the other left-wing media that's already convicted trump and his associates, that's disgraceful. but as you eric bolling as jazz to get this information as you are about the rice story? >> of course. if there's a link and there's improve of collusion, of course you want to know who did it and why. >> on other side -- >> michael flynn's game is out in public. somehow that went to mast to unmask that by the way, it was
5:13 pm
unmasked by an white house operative who shouldn't be investigating anything. it >> it's it a point that my client was forced to resign because of of his shady dealings with the russians to mexico his name being leaked. >> bill: he wasn't upfront with pence but that's a different issue. the issue now is the truth about the two situations. let me recap because it's hard to really figure these two out. you say that you want to know what susan rice did or did not do. you say that. >> i do say it and the reason i say it is her motive is everything in this case. in other words, it is not a crime to unmask someone's name if you are working with intelligence. >> it's what you do with you. >> it's why what you do with it. if she disseminated that name to someone wasn't clear for political purpose. >> anybody wasn't clear.
5:14 pm
>> now you claim on this program that you are as interested to know if there were trump people colluding with the russians to influence the election right? >> yes. >> so you're both on good ground here because what i'm trying to get at is i don't believe congress -- i think both parties want to protect their own, would you both agree with that? both parties want to protect their own? >> clear and disheartening. as absolutely true. >> they said we must depend on be honest people and i'm including rivero and bowling in this, god help me. we honest people must depend on the fbi. >> the fbi is the agency. but that's it. we don't know if the fbi is investigating susan rice, do we? >> we don't know but how is this? it gets even bigger. who else is going to be unmasked and leaked. what other parties are involved now, not just michael flynn or the five other trump operatives,
5:15 pm
does this go beyond that? >> how did we ever find that out without the fbi? >> here is you find it out. not the senate, not the house, the fbi presents his case to the department of justice and a grand jury has amazing power. speak with you, geraldo rivera, are calling for a grand jury to investigate the susan rice situation tonight on the factor. >> not only my calling for a grand jury, i am confident that the combination of james tomey and attorney general jeff sessions to the extent that he can't participate because he has reduced himself. the process will -- >> what national security threat or interest was involved in susan rice a white house operatives overwriting the fbi, the cii, and the who said we will keep these names mast? we can't answer that question?
5:16 pm
>> you answered it. it's politics and only politics. >> that is an exclusion that the grand jury will reach and you should too. >> bill: we need to get him on the jury. thank you very much great as always, directly ahead of senator lindsey graham says he believes the susan rice situation will be easy to figure out. senator will be here. president trump threatening syria because a country is using poison gas on children. what should mr. trump to to the heinous dictator assad? the factors coming right back. at crowne plaza we know business travel isn't just business. there's this. 'a bit of this. why not? your hotel should make it easy to do all the things you do.
5:17 pm
which is what we do. crowne plaza. we're all business, mostly.
5:18 pm
5:19 pm
>> bill: the follow-up segment tonight. this sound bite on susan rice caught my attention. >> i'm not going to prejudge here but i think every american should know whether or not the national security advisor of president obama was involved in unmasking trump transition figures for political purposes, it should be easy to figure out and we will. >> bill: joining us now, do you really believe it's going to be easy to figure this out? >> might be hard to have consequences, but to be easy to figure out. john brennan and clapper are as cia director's national intelligence need to be asked the following question. did susan rice ever make the request of your agencies or the
5:20 pm
nsa to have unmasking of any trump transition figures that were surveilled? then you go and ask the rally question, what say you if she did? >> what committee should do that in the senate? >> good question. this is where it's confusing. you have brennan and klapper under the jurisdiction of the intelligence committee but i've made a request of the judiciary sub committee for klapper. sally yates, for our committee and testify in public, we'll see if we can do that. >> bill: and can you compel them to come to your committee? can you compel them to do it? they only want to come once. in the testify once in an open hearing, once in a closed session. that got to cordate this with the intelligence committee to find out who's in charge. sally yates was in the justice department so she's under the judiciary committee jurisdiction, the other two are probably on the intel
5:21 pm
jurisdiction. but my committee is ready to move forward with public testimony of brandon klapper and yates and i would ask brendan klapper to susan rice ever come to any of your organizations and ask that names be unmasked? >> bill: and that's a simple question yes or no. now we assume that when ambassador rice gets called before any congressional committee, the house is investigating to come she's going to take the fifth just like lois lerner did. >> i'd be surprised. she said she did nothing wrong but were trying to build the case here i suppose. just in the old-fashioned way. the people in charge of the collection need to be asked if susan rice ever asked for anything you collected to be on masse and if she did, what did she do with it? and if she takes the fist, that would be stunning. >> bill: why would it be stunning though? don't you feel she's in a precarious position right now and go to for that her attorneys are going to say listen, there's a lot of implications here and there are a lot of laws here, and you might be trapped a person like that. it might be easier for you to
5:22 pm
plead the fifth. you think any attorney would tell her that? >> bill: it's kind of inconsistent with what she said. she said she did nothing wrong but i've been a lawyer. maybe i tell my client i have an abundance of caution. don't answer any of these questions. i don't pretend to be a legal expert on masking i'm going to try to find out what the rules are and are they crimes. is it important enough for the country to give meeting to get to the bottom of this? >> it's a story that is now politicized, you know that. your democratic colleagues in the senate don't want any part of this. >> to back >> will see. they've been really good. i want to hear from brandon and klapper about potential trump ties. he said there is no evidence. >> bill: i understand. don't you think the senate is about as polarized as you've ever seen in your career right
5:23 pm
now? >> absolutely. >> bill: of the gorsuch thing is going to come down, you're going to have to change the rules in the senate to vote him in. you're not going to get a few senders on the democratic side support. but it's basically run by chuck schumer now. and schumer is going to say were going to post everything donald trump does to try to portray a president who is too weak to govern. you know the strategy. >> we're still in charge of the plates so as people in charge of the place, we can conduct hearings and i don't think it's inappropriate to ask the question of the intelligence community. >> bill: of course it's not. the american people need to know. if the obama white house and not the president himself but one of his top aides was using her position to advance a political agenda because that's what this is all about. she's not taking an interest in the trump people for any other reason than politics. it is no other reason on the
5:24 pm
planet. >> if she did it, that would be a logical conclusion. what are they going to do to me if i do my job? nothing. my job is to find out what happened all things russia and a part of this all things russia is that the national security advisor to president obama was actually unmasking trump transition figures for political purposes before the election and, pump the electron campaign people i want to know that. >> bill: the whole country wants it. don't have a political agenda want to know. the democratic party certainly wants to protect the obama administration and susan rice and they're going to do everything they can and the media's money parts of the story. >> too bad. you don't always get what you want, that's what the rolling stones say. >> bill: so you say you're going to get to the bottom of it, your confidence with all of the slowest lerner stuff in
5:25 pm
benghazi stuff and all that, going to get at the bottom of this? >> the questions regarding susan rice and i've been pretty honest about this on the trump side. i said i want to know, where there trump ties to russia before the election? >> bill: and think everybody wants to know that. i don't think there's any doubt about that. you're deeply involved with foreign affairs. president trump once again today said he's not going to say what he's going to do because you don't tell the enemy what you're going to do because it gives them time to prepare, the enemy being syria and assad. obama didn't do anything to him, trump almost has to do something. if you are the national security advisor for the senate, what would you tell donald trump specifically to do syria? >> destroy their power and create a safe zone in syria where this never happens again. >> bill: by destroying it, would have to bomb their airfield, correct?
5:26 pm
spill correct. >> bill: there are russian planes there. >> they should move them. i think i would probably do tha that. >> bill: warmed them and then boom, destroy their structure on the air side. >> then i would make sure they'd never be another incident like the people in italy would never be bombed again by assad. they'd be safe to zones where people could go back to syria from europe and the united states. >> bill: we've said that for years. >> this is a time for president trump to show the world he is not president obama. this is the horrible event out of which could, an opportunity to reset and establish his presidency as something different than obama to send a signal to every dictator in the world is the new sheriff in town and actually hold assad accountable and protect the innocent people of syria north korea and iran and everywhere else. >> bill: we appreciate it. keep us posted on your investigation and who you're going to call and we appreciated
5:27 pm
tonight. >> thank you. >> bill: the factor moves along this evening, dennis miller on border wall costumes being sold on amazon. some people don't like that. but next, president trump as we said threatening syria. >> these heinous actions by the assad regime cannot be tolerate tolerated. >> bill: a lou dobbs has some thoughts and we hope you stay tuned for those reports.
5:28 pm
5:29 pm
>> bill: who's the boss segment tonight. a press conference with king abdullah of jordan, the main topic of syrian dictator assad using poison gas on civilians including babies. >> yesterday, chemical attack, a chemical attack that was so horrific in syria against innocent people including women, small children, and even
5:30 pm
beautiful little babies, their deaths was an affront to humanity. >> president would not say that they what he will do to the syrian government any place a lot of blame on president obama failing to act on his redline in the sand comment after assad use gas in 2013. but what should mr. trump do now? to answer that question, lou dobbs fox business network star, what should he do? >> he should right now understand that the united nations is not going to work any better for him than it has the preceding three presidents who had to deal with syria. he needs to bring a vladimir putin together and together the leadership that some of the representative countries in the region and come up with a plan deal with the refugees first and provide a safe space and persuade vladimir putin that if he wants to remain a trillion dollar economy, then don't cooperate
5:31 pm
with president she and himself, but continue to support assad. >> bill: but have a conference. >> i want a conference in which the result is an understanding that they're going to stabilize the world order. >> bill: you would have to have jesus come down. >> you don't. you've got to have a president just exactly like the one we have. >> bill: depute and has a vested interest in keeping assad in the chair. >> that's the conventional thinking. it's not the reality. >> bill: you could give him something and he might turn on. they don't want any part of this. the chinese, lived to deal with them on north korea. sposato matter of if we wanted, the fact of the matter is we want to. we have two extra threats to the global world order. that is north korea, syria, and potentially around. we've got to deal with those issues and this is the president to do it. to hell with the way they see
5:32 pm
it. this is the way they want to see it. >> bill: you can't force china and russia to cooperate or to >> and explaining to them how much better their lives and those of their people will be. >> bill: i know you want to reason with them. >> i don't want to reason with them. i want to put in front of them the incentives. >> bill: you could bribe puking, i don't think the chinese are going to get involved with syria at all. i think before you, senator graham said and i said this way back when we prayed >> you're aligning with senator graham? >> bill: you take out syrian air power as they deliver gas anymore. it's a one-day sortie, and you knock out their air force. >> lindsey graham is the guy along with senator mccain who wants to go to cairo to represent the muslim brotherhood interest in the government. what would be wrong with donald trump using airpower in syria? because is ineffective. russia has tons of air power. have as well.
5:33 pm
he only has a small air force that could be destroyed failing easily. the downside is use the military action against an independent country. i want russia to use its country against assad and remove the slb from office. >> the big chinese leader. he is coming to mar-a-lago. i'd hope he doesn't get sunburned because it's very hot and warm down there. and there is no golf. unlike the japanese president. >> bill: trumps is going to be a very difficult meeting. number one on the list is he wants jinping to take care of north korea. he wants the regime change. there's no way that this guy is going to do that, is there? >> i think there is an import and, there's a considerable advantage in having trump in that meeting across the table from president xi because he is a man that knows what the other
5:34 pm
presidents before him have gone through. they've all been played by the chinese leadership. and it's over. donald trump has made it very clear. who's going to take responsibility? do it arnold schwarzenegger. the russians can be bride. the chinese are being bribed every day. we are supporting a 12 trillion -- in nominal terms, a $12 trillion chinese economy without the united states. you don't have to threaten. you just have to articulate the incentives that are obvious. >> bill: you think that he can get through the chinese went to bush the younger, obama, and clinton them, they were all geniuses. >> this guy actually knows what he's doing. that's the wonder part of it. >> bill: i think you should go to that meeting and mar-a-lago. i think you should be with trump. >> what are they serving for
5:35 pm
lunch? >> bill: whatever you like. the chinese leader would say look, if you get dobbs out of here, i'll take care of the guy north korea. because they got takeout. that's all i ask. >> bill: lou dobbs everybody. coming right up, amazon selling border wall costumes and some people are mad. miller is next. at angie's list,e there are certain things you can count on, like what goes down doesn't always come back up.
5:36 pm
♪ [ toilet flushes ] ♪ so when you need a plumber, you can count on us to help you find the right person for the job. discover all the ways we can help at angie's list. because your home is where our heart is.
5:37 pm
>> bill: the miller time segment tonight, something very few people know. in china, the coca-cola company is launching its cherry coke bottle featuring the likeness of warren buffett.
5:38 pm
the american capitalist economy country. only one person on earth can figure that out and he joins us now from santa barbara, california. miller. what's going on with a cherry coke buffet thing? >> it's a recent thing. i know for many years, the face on cherry coke was bill clinton. but they went over the buffet not long ago, sort of a colonel sanders type thing. they wanted jimmy buffett and he didn't want to play so they went to warren buffett. chinese aren't nomadic people. there is a growing trend to lump together american intellectual and physical luminaries with foodstuffs. i was over at panda express for lunch and i had a picture of him wrestling the dragon labeled tackling tax on my beijing be full. the guy in front of me got the karl rove fuzzy headed trump on a whiteboard and then a special week, they had from the general flynn's chicken. i find it a little slippery and
5:39 pm
they're also running a special with a side of bought and paid for steaming susan rice. so there was a lot of intermingling between the political people and the chinese food. >> bill: i know you're a world traveler. have you been to china? have you been there? >> it's japan part of china? >> bill: no, it's across the sea of japan. >> i've been to japan and some of it once that was china and i said i don't think so. >> bill: two separate cultures. now china is a very still communist place outside of hong kong, a free enterprise zone. shanghai, beijing, they want money. warren buffett is the ultimate capitalist, the ultimate guide with billions of dollars on, he would have beheaded war in the first. he would've been first beheaded. now he is on the coke bottle in china. i'm not processing.
5:40 pm
it do you think they believe he's someone else because he looks grandfatherly. >> he is a sexual god in china. he is a sexual god. his name is the all that of omaha. it might not be the oracle of omaha, it is the all that of omaha. a sexual god. and i'm pretty sure you're wrong about japan and china not being the same place. you should look that up. >> bill: you're saying that their marketing cherry coke is an elixir, as an aphrodisiac. >> billy, it's like the pineal gland of patrick, the creature on spongebob. it has strange aphrodisiac will powers. >> now i understand. >> i'm out. >> bill: you been to mexico, right? >> that's in china them. >> bill: as you know, they've taken bids to building a mexican wall and they're going to build
5:41 pm
a wall and now. >> what happened to my hair? >> bill: your hair looks gorgeous. on amazon, you can buy a t-shirt that is mexico wall themed and say mexico will play. what he think about that? >> i guess this is not okay, but the coyote from roadrunner is still good. i don't understand the world we live in billy. all i would tell anybody who's ever in mexico and thinking of coming here, for halloween or for any other day, i would say stay home because this country's gone to hell. it's nuts. you don't want to come here. you've been told great things about america, but it's nuts. it's whiny, they spend all day and going for a halloween costume on amazon and protestin protesting. i know mexican people in my life, there's always a just stoicism about them. they put their nose to the grindstone, they're nice people,
5:42 pm
they take care of their family. i'm telling you, those of you like that in mexico, you don't want to come here. this place is nuts. >> bill: you can say to the mexican people you might be better off where you are because of the things that are happening. but you know would be interested and i have not researched this. if mexico will pay for the wall, sure. and i don't know why any human being on the face of the earth would do it home, wouldn't that be ironic? >> utley was even more ironic, if you want to be a wall for halloween, you don't want to get in trouble, go out as the great wall of china, which is in japa japan. [laughter] >> bill: do you know why the great wall of china was built, who they wanted to keep out? 's but they wanted to keep the trick-or-treaters out because the kids kept bugging them every year in. when is chinese halloween? october 30th? i don't want to get anybody passed off culturally here. i don't know anything about anybody here and i live and
5:43 pm
abide by this. mexico, china, and japan are the same country. >> bill: but you're absolutely right, they built the great wall of china. all 3,000 miles of it to keep out the mongolian trick-or-treaters. because they were on horseback and they had swords and if you didn't give them your house they were executed. those trick-or-treaters were a little bit more advanced. dennis miller everybody. there he is. >> you are a genius. >> bill: i think you from the bottom of my heart. ambassador john bolden is next. he has some insight to the susan rice story. the tip of the day, were going to hit the road again coming right back.
5:44 pm
5:45 pm
5:46 pm
>> bill: back tonight, we are going to do an interesting exercise. i'm going to play the part of susan rice's defense attorney and ambassador john bolton is going to answer my questions as an expert witness of national security. mr. bolden joins us now from. first of all, ambassador rice who holds the same title that you do said she was just doing her duty as a national advisor in the white house by tracking trump people caught up in wiretaps. what say you did that? >> i think that's a very hard
5:47 pm
argument to make. she has a possibility of getting names that are concealed because their american citizens can feel and intercept the minimized as we say. i did the same thing when i was in the state department, but you have to do it for a legitimate purpose if they really were a desire to learn and understand better what the intercept was about, that's one thing. but if the purpose was for something political, that's completely impermissible and if she told the nsa one thing, that it was for her job and it really was for politics, i think she's got a criminal violation. >> i'm still her attorney. so i'm saying mr. ambassador, she susan rice went over there to try to find out what the russian intrusion was in the electoral process after all the dnc leaks started to happen.
5:48 pm
so the federal government a vested interest in protecting the election of, the national security advisors that i've got to find out what's going on here because rush is leaking all this stuff about one of our political parties. isn't that a valid concern? >> certainly not. if she were the attorney general or the director of the fbi, that would be one thing, but she is not a's investigator. if you saw in her review of intercepts some possibility of illegal activity and certainly russia enter vision would be, her job is to transmit that to the justice department, not to investigate herself. she doesn't need the name d minimized to do that. >> the defense intelligence agency is attached to the white house, correct? >> to the defense department. >> clapper was reporting directly to president obama, correct? >> the director of national
5:49 pm
intelligence, yes. >> now as part of his job, does he have anything to do with susan rice? because she's a national security advisor. do they work together? >> yes, the director of national intelligence ought to be the servant of the president through the national security council. he has a very important role to play in that regard. >> bill: what is her role as far as he's concerned? >> in effect, she is her supervisor since he doesn't supervise anyone directly in it to the national security council that the entire intelligence community is cast with responsibility for what intelligence to collect. >> okay, so klapper is supervised by susan rice. so as susan rice's attorney, i'm saying maybe she wanted to check up on him? maybe she wanted to see for herself what was happening? what's wrong with that? >> if you have some notion that
5:50 pm
there is illegal activity involved that's uncovered in intercepts, there is a route to go on that. the white house doesn't conduct a criminal investigation. she should've given that to the justice department. >> but maybe they didn't suspect criminal activity. they just want to know at this point because of the sanction is threat against spewed and then that kind of thing with the extent of it was they wanted to know if the trump people were talking to the russians and is why she went over to try to unmask all of this stuff. does that make any sense to you? is there any valid argument there? >> known that i can see. it's one thing to look at government employees who may be abusing their positions for whatever purpose, impermissible purpose. it's quite something else to be conducting surveillance indirectly or otherwise on protected first amendment political activity. and i think there's a lot more to learn here about what rice was doing. i think there are questions about who else was involved. the basic question is the one
5:51 pm
howard baker made famous in the watergate here. what are the president now and when did he know it? there's ample room for investigation. >> bill: of course. so you don't think there's any excuse for susan rice at this point based upon her job description and what you know about the process because you did working security at that level, no excuse for her going over and trying to find out names that were captured on taps. >> i don't see it. the argument people have made in her defense she has to know about this russia business. let me take the hardest case here. if there is one intercept that she asked for a name to be d minimized and revealed to her that did not involve russia, that entire scam argument is blown. >> and the only way we'll know that as she testifies. on record saying i don't believe she will. >> i'm looking forward to it. >> will see. up at three a question about syria. lindsay graham says the, lou
5:52 pm
dobbs says we have to have a conference with putin in china. >> i'd go lindsay one better and says they are too for the price of one. i agree we should eliminate syria's air force. i've always felt one of obama's worst mistakes was allowing russia to build an air base in syria. i tell the russians to clear out of that airbase's they don't become assad's air force. >> so you would take military action against assad now. that's a pretty strong deal. >> it's a shift for me. i haven't favor that before but i think the president really has said that today when he said his customary lines. it's coming. >> ambassador thank you, we appreciate your time tonight. were going on the road again. the tip moments away.
5:53 pm
♪ if you have moderate to severe ulcerative colitis or crohn's, and your symptoms have left you with the same view, it may be time for a different perspective. if other treatments haven't worked well enough, ask your doctor about entyvio, the only biologic developed and approved just for uc and crohn's. entyvio works by focusing right in the gi-tract to help control damaging inflammation
5:54 pm
and is clinically proven to begin helping many patients achieve both symptom relief as well as remission. infusion and serious allergic reactions can happen during or after treatment. entyvio may increase risk of infection, which can be serious. while not reported with entyvio, pml, a rare, serious brain infection caused by a virus may be possible. tell your doctor if you have an infection, experience frequent infections, or have flu-like symptoms, or sores. liver problems can occur with entyvio. if your uc or crohn's medication isn't working for you, ask your gastroenterologist about entyvio. entyvio. relief and remission within reach. >> bill: back to tip of the tay, starring miller, me, and
5:55 pm
waters in a moment. but some very good news. in the same line, the best-selling adult fiction and it's for seven days in the marketplace, old school hasn't sold more than 100,000 copies and we thank you all. seven months in the marketplace, still the top five. great read for anyone interested in what really happened during world war ii and the pacific. finally killing jesus, number six on the paperback list, coming off of christians might enjoy that book as well now on paper. and now the mail. brad forrest forest, eagle river alaska, you said susan rice should be given the benefit of the doubt? i don't think we should trust anything she says. i said to brad, she must be given the presumption of innocence. because that is the american way. on the doubt issue, is entirely up to you. richard of alabama, "you asked
5:56 pm
what was his motive? what planet are you living on? the democrats are desperate to stop donald trump." that's not true richard. many democrats including the entire clinton campaign wanted to run against donald trump. they saw an easy win. remember that? alan weaver both asked me as someone who spent 33 years in law enforcement and, i thought susan rice played the classic deer in headlights look during her interview on abc. bill, who gives out the daily political talking points and? they come from party apparatchiks. both parties to it. certain people on their mailing lists each morning, and that's what you hear over and over and over on cable news and talk radio and things like that. both parties do it. richard adams, gladstone michigan. you told your guests you don't
5:57 pm
want to hear party talking points from them. if one watches the crowd to spin us, you the same thing over and over. you're absolutely right. the minister of propaganda the third reich. mr. bill, for going to tell us who gives honest news and, should be honest. you should have disclosed that "the wall street journal" just like harpercollins which publishes your books is owned by news corp. which owns fox news. you are incorrect on everything john and i suspect you got that from some dopey web site. "the wall street journal" and it was the editorial page is run by news corp. fox news is run by 21st century, two separate companies. my books are published by holt, a division of mcmillan. i am very glad you are not my researcher. hung carolyn, new york, i teach
5:58 pm
seventh grade english at saint dominic's elementary school and each month, my students make recommendations about books to read. killing kennedy as a favorite but now killing the rising sun is overtaking it. i've enclosed some of the student reviews and i read them on. very impressive from the urchins at saint dominic's. i wish more teachers would do that. you can learn to subjects at once. the factor tip of the day, watters, miller and i had a great time and omaha and tacoma, washington, recently. in fact, i'd really like to do more spin stops and live shows run the country but i can't spread i'm just too busy. but in the fall, will see everyone at the royal farms arena at baltimore, maryland, on september 22nd, that's a friday. at the arena in tampa, florida, september 23rd next day
5:59 pm
saturday, then caesar's palace in vegas. i don't know if they're going to let waters into caesar's palace. that's december 15th, friday night. then a very big show at the honda center in anaheim california. one of my favorite places december 16th, a saturday. were giving them an early heads-up because these shows will sell out. tickets will make great molars and father state gifts. tickets will go on till tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. factor tip of the day. everybody seems to like those shows and again, great tips. you give somebody a show is a link will never all three of us are so appalling live. it's just disgraceful. in a good way. that is it for us tonight. please check out the fox news factor web site, different from billoreilly.com. go to oreilly@foxnews.com.
6:00 pm
the word of the day, thanks for writing to us. i'm bill o'reilly. these were member the spin stops here. >> good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. in an ideal world, the revelation that susan rice deliberately unmask the names of trump tenses and team members put selves into self reflection. consideration that may be of political appointees by on her ideological flows without restriction could be a poor idea and a democracy, but were not an ideal world it all. instead, all that talk about election hacking by russian saboteurs. >> for whatever reason, the hard right has always chosen susan rice to be their villain. a speaker not only with russian behind the hacks, that's why reported but that their purpose

120 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on