Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  April 10, 2017 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
time, a lot of fun. have a good night, everyone. o'reilly is up next. >> "the o'reilly factor" is on tonight. >> i didn't see you raising your voice against president obama's inaction in syria. >> bill: a syrian who reports america's bombing of his country's gold to cnn for its coverage. wait till you see this. >> oh, my god. >> [screaming] >> no! >> bill: a united airlines flight forced off the plane. >> oh, my god. look at what you did to him. >> bill: what is going on? will tell you. >> i am not a dumb trump supporter, but i respect what donald trump did because that is ridiculous.
5:01 pm
you use chemical weapons on children. >> bill: talking to the folks about the syrian bombing. they even hear of it? >> why is trump bombing syria? >> because he's the man. >> bill: caution, you are about to enter the "no spin zone" ." factor begins right now. hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. donald trump, commander-in-chief, that is the subject of this evening's talking points. as we reported last week, president's job approval numbers are likely to go up because he took strong action against syria after assad gassed his own people. right off the bat, mr. trump 3% and a new cbs news poll that is likely to rise even further this week. when cbs asked do you approve or disapprove the u.s. launching missiles against syria, 57% approved. 36% disapproved. 8% don't know.
5:02 pm
do you have confidence in donald trump's ability to handle a situation in syria? 41% confident, 54% not confiden confident. finally, do you think it's necessary for congress to approve any further attacks in syria, a whopping 69% say it is. congress should get involved. britta tony 5% do not feel it's necessary. there are new development on the military front this evening. u.s. warships are heading for the korean peninsula because the nutty dictator of that country continues to test ballistic missiles and violate international law. also, two warships in the eastern mediterranean continue to monitor syria. there's also an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf, the george w. bush. you can see the president trump and the pentagon sending signals of a world order is threatened on, america may respond. it's a damn shame where the only country willing to take that
5:03 pm
stance. there's no reason for russia to prop up assad and syria, the man's a war criminal. also china does not try to control the north korean situation when it absolutely could. staunch allies like britain, australia, to help us out but it's on a limited basis. unfortunately, policing the world falls to america with all the danger and expense that entails. president trump would be wise to respond. as the attack on syria worked and was approved by most of the world who care about protecting innocent people. yes, russia and iran are now threatening the usa, but so what? those countries have thrown in with the devil and we cannot back away from their bluster. however, confrontation with russia is not what anybody wants or needs. so president trump would be wise to talk to vladimir putin quietly, try to get the guy to wise up perhaps by helping his economy. iran truly a hopeless situation
5:04 pm
and, but they don't want to commit suicide. the new treaty will eventually play out as one of the great mysteries. it is likely the north korea will be the next problem we have to deal with. they test a nuclear device, again in violation of international law, something will have to be done. donald trump convinced the chinese to partner up with us against north korea in, would end the problem and get the world order and for business. again, it's a mystery why the chinese will not exert their strength and influence on north korea. coming up, president trump gained a measure of respect for his acts against syria. u.s. military is gearing up, but caution should be the word. and that's the memo. now the top reaction. is president trump doing better in your eyes? >> i'm sure i was not the only one who was surprised. after all, that is a man who campaigned on precisely not
5:05 pm
being the policeman of the world. he is a man who campaigned on american first. he said people around the world were bleeding us dry, mocking us, and here he was even talking about allies. it just a week before the strike, he said in his speech i'm not president of the world, i'm president of the united states. and just three days before as he attacked his own secretary of state and u.n. ambassador, essentially said were willing to live with assad, the idea of getting rid of him as off the table. given all of that home, it surprising and gratifying that trump took the measure he did and he essentially undermined and contradicted the entire ide idea, the one with it was sort of the main theme of his inaugural address in, that we were not the policeman of the world. we were not going to be acting on behalf of others. we were only going to be looking after ourselves in, and the
5:06 pm
world needs us, they needed that strike and they needed that message. this is not going to alter the course of the war in syria. but it was a message to russia and, a message to china, and most importantly, to north kore north korea. the days of walking all over the u.s. and eight years under obama known that the u.s. will do nothing. those days are over. it doesn't guarantee that were going to do anything in the future, but it certainly says do not count on the proximity that you've seen the last eight years. >> that answer was 75 minutes long, but from what i took of it, your opinion of donald trump has risen. >> are you taking notes? i hope you were. when i go long, you can get confused sometimes. >> bill: i've a very sophisticated mind and i caught on to what you said. not all of it, but nobody could
5:07 pm
possibly understand all of it. you have a situation where i don't think trump contradicted himself. i don't think he's making himself and america the policeman of the world. this is a war crime situation, this is the difference between assad, who's going to sit there, were not going to remove him unless he does it again, then maybe all this will be off. when you commit a war crime that hearkens back to pre-world war ii days and when you do something that heinous and, there's only one country in the world, charles, only one. that's us. that's going to do something about it. i think the president stepped up and said i'm not going to tolerate war crimes. i think that's what this is about. >> but that's precisely being policeman of the world. >> no it's not. policeman of the world's regime change, occupation, felonies committed, you go in. this was in a felony, that was way beyond that.
5:08 pm
>> what you're saying is a crime against humanity and was committed. it was not an attack on the u.s., was not a threat. >> poison gas is allowed to be used. you know it's not. >> bill: poison gas is allowed to be used without punishment, it will spread. and now we have a north korea situation which is absolutely a danger to the united states. if they're going to do a new test, an underground nuke test, they're basically saying were going to do what we want and if someday we want to launch this new get somebody else, will do that too. but we want to get into china. go ahead. >> china. i think what you said about china and, that it's mystery why they're not raining and north korea is not a mystery at all. china sees north korea, number one as very useful will, a thorn in the side of the united states
5:09 pm
for 50 years, china's interest is to expand its influence and its periphery, meaning the pacific rim them. it does not want us there, it's trying to drive us out. that's why it's going through all the construction on those islands. that's its objective. and we have been distracted and we have been looking to the side of north korea now. >> bill: you're making tuna steaks. number one, china is the main priority of business of a billion and a half people and the economy is not so good over there. this is bad for business and north korea. number two, their drawing u.s. naval force in them. north korea is drawing it in. the last thing china wants them, but the world order is something that china needs because if that economy collapses in china, the government is going to.
5:10 pm
last word. >> look, the chinese calculation is if they helped bring down the north korean regime, they're going to have a democratic westernized south korea all the way up to the border probably with nuclear weapons, and that is the last thing they want. and they have a buffer state and that -- it acts as a buffer between the west and south korea. >> bill: make them behave. keep them as a buffer. >> how do you make a great power behave? you tell me. >> bill: who's a great power? not north korea, they can barely feed their people. china focuses them on a second to bring them to their knees. you know that. >> you have told us that for 30 years and, we have tried to get china to do exactly that, and we have not been able to, and i just gave you the reasons why
5:11 pm
china is not interested in doing that. >> bill: u.s. warships on their coast because they're not interested. i don't know that the greatest strategy. charles krauthammer everybody, there he is. >> they've been there for 50 years. >> bill: other armed and dangerous. i have to tell you before the segment, charles krauthammer fell asleep. i did wake him up. i told him i was going to put a cap on his face. that's true, isn't it? it's true. next on the rundown, sly report out of syria by cnn. very slight. they didn't work out. wait till you see this. then a man holding a valid airline ticket thrown off the plane. shocking. >> oh, my god, ! oh, my god. >> no! >> bill: the factor is coming right back.
5:12 pm
5:13 pm
>> bill: the attack on syria and the american press. the man who opposes the assad regime and has been gassed himself appeared on cnn last week. >> clearly president trump as motivated as we all have compassion for these horrible images of these babies who were killed in, but at the same time, this is a man who doesn't want syrians to come into this country with this refugee fan let me just say some sounds. hillary clinton weighed in. >> we cannot in one breath >> protecting syrian babies and then in the next close american stories to them. >> quickly, how do you see that? >> i didn't see anything in her voice against president obama's inaction in syria. that's lettuce refugees, that's made us refugees getting kicked out of syria. if she really cared about
5:14 pm
refugees, and she really cared about helping us, please help us stay in our country and if you just give me a few seconds just to tell president trump once again, please sir, what you did was amazing, what you did was a powerful message of hope for a lot of people inside and outside of syria. >> bill: so what essentially happened there was at cnn was looking for an anti-trump sound bite from mr. kaseem eed and didn't get it. when joining us from florida. that was a moment, was it not? >> she must have felt that she woke up the wrong passenger. although if you think about it, it's a perfectly valid thing to play the hillary clinton sound bite. as with a lot of people were saying, a lot of people on the left in particular were saying and asked him to react to it but it was something about the tone and the way that she put it to him that suggested she did not get the answer that she expected. >> bill: she was asking a leading question. >> we do that all the time,
5:15 pm
don't we build? >> bill: i don't, and i don't remember you doing it. leading question, just so people know, as when you want to evoke a certain answer for a political purpose. and clearly the cnn anchor wanted mr. kaseem eed to say oh, trumps terrible because he won't let us in and he said exactly the opposite. i don't ask leading questions because they are a waste of time. i want people's opinion, but i don't care with the opinion really is. you have to care about what the opinion is. she asked a leading question. i've got to tell you. you say we do it all the time. i never saw you do that. maybe i missed it, but you don't do that. >> i'm out of the question business and have been for some years in my memory. >> bill: you're on one of those dopey panels and you asking the question question, i've seen you on there. anyway, i never saw you ask a leading question.
5:16 pm
so when the audience is expected -- and i agree with you. provocative television is what cable news is all about, throwing hillary clinton sound bite into the guy, you want to see what the guy thinks about the band of syrian refugees which by the way isn't in effect yet and will be soon but is not in effect yet. but the guy praises trump in. you can just see the people at cnn going how do we get out of this? [laughs] >> i've seen him on several times. it's not a mystery where the skies coming from. so if they didn't want that answered, they should have known and you suspect that may be some important poker got the riot act to read, but cnn should've known that. i think that guy has been on cnn before. so who knows how that came about but it was interesting. but it was an interesting question because there's a lot of of approval of this as the poll indicated and a lot of people right and left have praid this move donald trump.
5:17 pm
this is some current grumbling that says what about our refugee policy and also what about a broader policy for syria? this bombing raid alone is not a policy. >> bill: of course is not a policy. i don't think trump is going to do regime change. >> and i don't see any reason why he is obligated to. what he did here was to say mister, you committed a hideous atrocity and we're going to make you pay for it. >> bill: we don't want you to do war crimes and this is a noble nation and were not going to stand for it. >> i was just going to say, he lost part of his airpower as a result of it and people are saying what if he does this again? if you were assad and had this happen to you by standoff weapons from the american military which was at no risk to any american servicemen, although those rays are expensive, it's something we can well afford to do and could afford to do again.
5:18 pm
would you do it again? >> bill: no. that's what i said on friday night. >> bill: the point is, we don't know that he doesn't know that either. that kind of doubt in his mind about what might happen and wondering what this guy trump who unexpectedly -- >> bill: assad doesn't sleep in the same house prayed every night, he sleeps in a different house pretties like saddam hussein. assad moves every night to a different residence. but just a matter of time before a drone is going to be right up his nose if he does it again. i know that with certainty. last word. >> it may well be soon but look at looking what he might do next. that applies in china, it applies in a wrong, and it certainly applies in north korea. introducing that element of doubt and wondering in the minds of these malefactors around the world i think is a useful thing even if he never has to do it again or if he never does do it again. now we don't know what trump will do.
5:19 pm
>> bill: malefactor, word of the day everybody. a malefactor very, very good. >> sort of like "the o'reilly factor." >> bill: directly ahead, an airline passenger forced off a plane by police even though he had a valid ticket. wait till you see the story. we'll have the inside details in just a few moments.
5:20 pm
5:21 pm
>> bill: personal story segment tonight, another airline horror story. sunday night, chicago to louisville overbooked. united airlines offers money for folks to give up their seat. no takers. the cops come on board and remove a guy by force. >> oh, my god, ! >> oh, my god! no! >> what are you doing?
5:22 pm
no, this is wrong. oh, my god! look at what you did to him? oh, my god, ! >> bill: [laughs] i shouldn't be laughing, but it just so bizarre. joining us from the fox news room here in the building in new york, fox north correspondent rob smith. why did that guy after 100 people on the play, more than that, why did they pick that guy to drag him off? >> they picked four people and they say it was a random selection, that's how it works, but just to elaborate a little bit on what's going to no doubt be a p.r. disaster for united airlines, that video is shocking when you see it. this is a paying customer on united airlines and they overbooked and the planes are allowed to overbooked this flight, they're allowed to do that to get as much money as they can and they're legally allowed to do so. but they offered that money like he said, couple hundred bucks and raise it about $800 which is what they did on this flight. they get no takers at that point, they don't want to pay any more money, so they just
5:23 pm
randomly select people to get off the flight. >> bill: what you mean randomly select? they put a number and a hat? >> i guess. that's what they say. it's a random selection. >> bill: they don't explain. we don't know how this guy got picked out of all the people on their moon. from what i understand, the four people that got booted off, three of them walked off the plane. >> three got off. >> bill: this guy wouldn't, so please come on and they drag him off in this crazy scene. okay. but we don't know what the random seat number, why these people were picked. united airlines hasn't explained. still they haven't explained that yet, right now they're probably trying to figure out how in the world are going to deal with the situation because this video is absolutely ridiculous to watch. they say it's a random thing, this guy didn't want to get off the plane. the passengers on the plane said he was a doctor, that he needed to get back. >> bill: nobody wants to -- he would've had to stay overnight in chicago, he absolutely might've had commitments to his family. >> or to his patients.
5:24 pm
>> bill: it's a confusing situation because you don't know what the criteria are to remove people from a plane. the interesting thing is they on $3800. summit is going to take that money. >> bill: nobody wanted to stay in chicago older night. >> would've been a lot easier than this. >> bill: may be a grant. thank you, joining us now from sarasota, florida, paul hudson, offered $3800. president of flyers rates.org. do you know what the random is, how they get a seat number to remove someone if they can't get volunteers? >> there have been reports that they base it on whether you're a late flyerhe order that people checked in for the flight. >> bill: so if your last, you get booted? >> that's speculation because the airlines essentially have
5:25 pm
carte blanche to do this. i'm not sure whether this flight was overbooked. it appears that it was full and then they needed to theory some crewmembers and they didn't have any seats because they fully booked it and so they threw off some passengers. it's obviously wrong what happened. >> bill: they had to get some united air personnel to louisville from chicago for probably another fight or whatever. they had to get them there. so they asked for volunteers and obviously this guy didn't volunteer. but federal law gives the airlines almost complete power over the consumer even if you buy a ticket, isn't that correct? >> they do own, and most people don't realize that when you get on an airplane, you give up many of your constitutional rights. you have to obey the requests of the flight crew, and then you can file your complaints and your claims after the fact. however here, it was so extreme
5:26 pm
that whether excessive force was used by the police who, i don't make a judge of that. but this is way beyond anything that should happen. >> bill: have ever seen anything like this? >> the airline has many ways to get around this. >> bill: will get to that in a moment. have you ever seen anything like this before? i've never seen anything like that. >> not for a simple overbooking situation. >> bill: i've never seen it. so you say that something else could have happened to avoid the guy being dragged and seeing his stomach? i don't want to see the video again. we don't have to show it. we got it. everybody's got it. what would it have been to mitigate the circumstance and not use the police and force? >> number one who, they should've offered more money. the maximum compensation is
5:27 pm
$1650 and airlines are typically offering vouchers and not cash. if you're involuntarily forced to get off, you can get up to 1350 and on domestic flight and up to over 5,000 if it's on an international trip. that's one thing. >> bill: they could have offered money in. the guy would've had to stay overnight at o'hare airport. they would've put them up in a hotel, i understand, right? >> yes. they could have asked other passengers. they also could have given the man all written warning and also a written statement of what his options and what his rights wer were. we've asked for this for many years now, but the airlines do not often want to divulge what the true options to write our, and they don't want to give you a warning. in many cases, they're very quick to pull the trigger and call the police. >> bill: all right. i think the laws are going to have to be changed and we can't
5:28 pm
have this stuff. it looked like a police state. mr. hudson, thank you very much. one footnote, breaking news in california, another insane shooting. we will have it for you and upcoming news brief. and there's plenty more ahead as a factor moves along this evening, another awful situation on a college campus. get confronted by acting in a threatening way. watters asking the folks about the attack on syria. >> what's happening right now in syria? >> in syria? i'm not sure. [laughter] i don't watch the news. >> bill: and you should. you have to stay tuned for those reports.
5:29 pm
5:30 pm
>> live from america's headquarters, a murder suicide at a san bernardino school leaves three dead including the gunman. police say 53-year-old cedric anderson walked into the school opening fire on his wife karen smith. two students were also shot before anderson turned the gun on himself, an 8-year-old special-needs student died later at a hospital. another 9-year-old remains in stable condition. police do not believe the students were targeted. the police chief said anderson and smith had been married for a few months and were estranged for at least a month of that. anderson had a criminal record including weapons and domestic violence charges, school workers say anderson told
5:31 pm
them he was there to drop something off for his wife at the time of the shooting. 600 other students on the school's campus were safely bused to nearby california state university. they started reunited with their parents about four hours later. convicted charleston church shooter dylan rupe leading guilty monday night to state charges, sparing his victims and their families a second trial. rupe was found guilty last year at a federal trial. he will now be moved to a federal prison in another state, where he will ultimately be put to death for the june 2015 massacre. nine people were killed and one other person ends the neck injured during a bible study and the predominately black church. i'm trace gallagher live in los angeles, updates throughout the night. >> bill: tonight more, and anda free speech college campuses. claremont mckenna college outside of los angeles, a group called shut down antiblack fascist heather mcdonald.
5:32 pm
organized a protest to deny mrs. mcdonald a chance to speak on campus. black lives matter was also involved. heather mcdonald is the author of a book called war on cops which states cold, hard facts about crime in america. again, the protesters did not what to hear what she had to say. she joins us now. so you did give your speech to pretty much an empty room. because these protesters were sickly blocking students from getting in in to see you, is that correct? >> right. they stood outside the windows. it was a very big window, banging on the window during my talk. there were people like police officers inside. they were not watching me. they were riveted by what was happening outside, so i had to talk over black lives matter and ending racism and the pounding. >> bill: there is no corral control on the campus at claremont mckenna. they cannot push them back at a decent place c could give your
5:33 pm
talk and people could listen to it? >> they had police officers there, but apparently when students demanded to just go through the police presence, they took over and i think this is a reflection. >> bill: didn't stop them. where they campus police or town police? >> a combination of campus in town police. >> bill: the police busily stepped aside and let these people come through so you coul. what's going through your mind when you witness that? >> i didn't witness anything. i was initially shuttled into what was an effective safe house, which did not give me a view of the venue, but i saw students gathering what i heard was chanting reaching an almost hysterical level, and i have to confess without wanting to sound hyperbolic or melodramatic, i got a little clue of what would it feel like to be in the french revolution waiting for the mob at the guillotine because you hear a level of hysteria and you don't know it's going to happen
5:34 pm
next. >> bill: anybody could do anything. what kind of a school is claremont mckenna? i don't know much about it. is it a far left place? >> not traditionally. it has been one of the most conservative schools certainly in california. got a whole school of political theory dedicated to studying the founders and the works of leo strauss. there is not a single college campus today that has not been pushed left by the introduction of felty, younger faculty that have come out. >> bill: there were faculty members joining with student demonstrators here as well. >> i know there was an administrator from a nearby college pomona who said her heart was with black lives matter. >> bill: the message that you wanted to get across to the students if you could just encapsulate it, was what? >> the black lives matter narrative is completely false.
5:35 pm
we are not living through an epidemic of racially fired police shootings. most important, there are thousands of law-abiding minority resins of high crime areas that the port the police serve fervently and are desperate for more police protection. >> bill: this you know by your research from the manhattan institute, you research this i know those folks want the police and there to protect them. >> i know from personal experience. i go constantly to inner-city areas, attend police community meetings and i hear things like please jesus, send more police. >> bill: a least protesters and the college administers that allowed this to happen, that message that, the counter point of view that the police in america are not bigoted in a general sense, they don't want to hear that we debated or present alternate facts, they don't want any of that. >> still they call me a white supremacist and a fascist. >> bill: a white supremacist?
5:36 pm
that's based on what? they are black police officers everywhere? >> for saying there is no government agency no more dedicated to the mood of the black lives better than the police. >> bill: your comment about french revolution reminded me of munich of the late 1920s and early 1930s. if you went up against the orthodoxy just starting to rise, they beat you up. you couldn't speak. is there any difference? >> the irony here is these people go under the moniker of antifascists. can you imagine if conservative pride shut down elizabeth warren from speaking? the fascist term would be thrown around promiscuously followed immediately by misogynist. instead, this gets no attention from "the new york times." but this is the very definition of fascist behavior not only are they shutting me up. i can deal with that. but they are not allowing their fellow students to here a range of views. >> bill: a very embarrassing for claremont mckenna, no
5:37 pm
question about it. thanks for joining us. make sure to check out her book will, the war on cops. when we come right back, judge neil gorsuch now the supreme court today that a big loss for the democratic party? and asking the folks about syria up ahead.
5:38 pm
5:39 pm
>> bill: thanks for staying with us. i'm bill o'reilly. supreme court now has nine members again as neil gorsuch sworn in today. 49-year-old judge was confirmed 54-45 in the senate, wolf fill the seat left by the late antonin scalia. as you know, there was a bitter fight over the judges nominatio nomination. joining us, doctor the democrats. you feel like your party losses one? >> yes, i do. i think they obviously lost this one. they nominated and had the longest holdup of a supreme court justice ever for america garland and other got a guy that they didn't want, definitely a loss. >> bill: why would they do it? i don't understand either political party. i think republicans were crazy
5:40 pm
and to destroy the obamacare replacement because it was the house i'm talking about. it was going to go over the senate and do it over there, was going to come back and do it over here. they sabotage their own problem back property in the house. now the democrats, surely they knew that the republicans were going to allow them to filibuster gorsuch's nomination but they did it anyway, so what is that? they just want to lose, they want to look dopey? >> and away from, maybe it was the obi-wan kenobi of moment in "star wars" and darth vader comes out and says i'm going to kill you and he says well, if you strike me down now, i'll be back greater than you can imagine them. >> bill: i'm not seeing the greater than you can imagine because we have a republican president. >> in this case, what i think they did was the following. they want to put in stark relief
5:41 pm
gorsuch is going on the court not because he should be, but because they're to shove it down their throats and the democrats are just going to have to take it in. the republicans and didn't because they are able to do it. >> now it's easier for them next time. >> saying the guy wouldn't answer our questions, were not going to be for him, you can push him through, but you have to do so publicly by destroying the pill back filibuster. >> bill: they were going to lose either way. the republicans did it. >> bill: is like the italian army in world war ii. they're not gaining a lot of ground. >> still fight world war ii. >> bill: schumer is not a done man. this was an unbelievable dumb move. politically dumb move. that's what i'm saying.
5:42 pm
by one measure you say it's done. but if they were going to lose anyway? >> bill: so what? lose with dignity and then keep the filibuster in. they didn't go down fighting. they went down whining. there's a difference between a whining and fighting. all of them voted, what would they have gained? >> they would've kept the structure in the senate because ruth bader ginsburg is 84 years old. 84. so how much longer can the justice stay in the chair? >> i hope a lot of years. >> bill: i know you would help. 84 is 84, okay? >> 84 is 84. >> bill: were going to have to bring you chocolates. she still working every day. >> i want her to get vitamins. >> bill: okay, you sent her vitamins. but she has to come off the court for whatever reason, now
5:43 pm
it's much easier to get a more on, much easier. >> that's where i disagree. because, they would've got rid of the filibuster then and b, if you think the republicans are going to respect the line they used on merit garland that we shouldn't nominate somebody in the last year of the term, justice ginsburg steps down in the last year of trump's term, do you think they're going to nominate someone and shove them onto the court? >> bill: from what i see, i don't see any pluses for the democratic party in this whole debacle. now gorsuch is on and may be inside going those democrats, a [laughs] the wait until you hear what i'm going to do. i think is a bigger man than that. doctor goolsby everyone. watters on deck asking the folks about the cerium bawling back bonding. are you a holy person?
5:44 pm
right back.
5:45 pm
5:46 pm
>> bill: back in the segment tonight, "watters' world," sometimes a segment is actually stunning. because dumb folks have no blinking clue what's going on in the world. they know nothing. how did they even get up in the morning is a mystery. so after the usa attacked syria last week, aware americans tuned in for information. on friday, the factors rating through the roof, by far the most watched cable news program in the world. but other americans did not tune in, so we sent watters to track them down.
5:47 pm
♪ >> what's happening right now in syria? >> i'm not sure. >> i have no idea. >> i don't know what's going on in syria. >> what happened in syria? >> i don't know. >> trump over there sending things and missiles or whatever. >> why did trump launch missiles against syria? >> [laughs] >> we are waiting. >> what happened in syria? >> he used chemical bombs against their own civilians and a lot of children died. bigger we ordered an air strike on them after the gas attack. >> the chemical weapon that happened over there in syria, it was trump who committed it. >> or did you hear that? >> on facebook. >> right. stick a wise trump bombing syria? >> to let them know he's the
5:48 pm
man. keep the faith. >> white people? >> do you know who the president of syria is? >> no. >> i don't know. >> assad? >> yes! where is syria? >> on the map? >> you're not wrong. it's because you where syria is? >> in europe? africa. >> northeast? >> like new england? >> i don't know where syria is. i know where i'm at. >> it's that a fact? >> where is syria? i don't know because i was born and raised in new jersey. >> do you know where syria is? >> in the middle east. >> correct. and now russia is very angry at the united states for launching these attacks against syria, why is that do you think? >> everything is about money. it's all about money. >> all you're worried about is the money.
5:49 pm
>> we need to find out what's going on with trump and russia. >> >> rush on america's side or syria's side? >> america's side. >> if trump is colluding with russia, then why did he strike russia's biggest ally? >> that the diversion. >> what does that mean exactly? >> does is change your opinion of donald trump? >> because he said he didn't agree with launching the missiles, yes. >> he asked without thinking and i think this is another example of that. so i said my opinion pretty steady. because i am not a dumb trump supporter, but i support what donald trump did because that is ridiculous that you use chemical weapons on children. >> i'm watters and this is my world. >> with my world too. >> tell me about it sweetheart. >> love that guy. here's watters. i don't know where syria is, i know where i'm at. that was a great line. >> i said where are you can ask to go is that i'm on sixth avenue. >> i said no, you're on eighth.
5:50 pm
and he wanted to talk about money. >> i need a pacifier and is not the whole interview two. >> bill: there might have something in that pacifier we were not aware of. when you went down to kansas and you are down at the bus terminal. >> port authority. >> bill: 's people going all over. >> mostly new jersey. >> bill: when he said i don't know nothing, i'm from new jersey. i was offended. my mother on my paternal side is from new jersey. what percentage new anything about the bombing in syria? >> 30 to 40%. but people don't want to talk to me if there in a rush to go to work. these are the people who were kind of straggling around a little bit and have nothing better to do than to take time and talk to me. >> bill: you can't judge people because they're more relaxed. >> no, i don't. >> bill: i understand people don't want to talk because they have to go to work and don't want to be late. but it's almost stunning as i said in the lead in, some people
5:51 pm
just don't know and they laughed then. i guess it's an embarrassed laugh? >> it's an embarrassed laugh and i think it should be an embarrassed laugh. i don't feel that bad for them. they seem to be happy people. they seem to be ignorance is bliss, as they say. they don't know they're missing anything. >> bill: see your assessment is most of the people who knew nothing about syria were happy. >> they looked happy. they had a little twinkle in the eye. >> bill: i could, but i won't. this is nothing in explaining the twinkle. >> just the restraint. >> bill: you know what i'm talking about. so you would say that 35 or 40% of these people knew about the syria bombing. that leaves 55 to 60% who had no idea that it even occurred. >> no clue. and people don't really know if they supported or not because trump did it and they don't like
5:52 pm
trump, but he did it for good reason. >> bill: because facebook told them. >> that's right. >> bill: there is watters everyone in, and one footnote, before spin stops here in the show, starring miller, watters, and me. they'll sell out early so you might want to consider tickets for mothers and fathers day that's coming up. we will see everybody in baltimore at the royal barnes arena, not with the rodeo, just us. royal barnes arena saturday -- friday, september 22nd. the next night, saturday to september 23rd at the amity arena. i hope i'm saying it correctly, and tampa. then caesar's palace in vegas, where watters will be partying. i'm not letting him on the floor. >> i'm going to stay in vegas actually. >> friday december 15th in the next day saturday december 16th, anaheim, california, at the honda center, vip tickets for that show already sold out.
5:53 pm
details on "the first 100 days" for. it shows, make granddad and grandma happy. in a moment, but the day as america will, getting more religious now that president trump is in office? the tip moments away as a factor continues all across the usa and all around.
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
>> bill: tip of the day. is there a resurgence of religion in america? in a moment. but we are proud to tell you that old school life in the same lane, the best-selling nonfiction book in the country. the third best-selling book. that's entirely thanks to you guys. if you are going on spring break or vacation, you could not -- you could not have two better books in your backpack. "old-school" is funny. it makes serious points. it will entertain and inform yo
5:56 pm
you. now to gary in los angeles. "i hear a lot of trump voters are not happy with his world police move in syria." republican support for the president at about 84%. that is high. also around 35% of all americans did not like the action. in that crew, you've got a lot of independence, a lot of -- not a lot of liberals. but a lot of people like stosl who don't want any intrusion over seas. "o'reilly, you suggest that america should intervene in any place where the government is cruel or unjust" -- i made no such suggestion, kevin. but using banned weapon to kill civilians rises to the punishment level. "dr. nick gillespie says it should not be our concern of what happens to syria, but
5:57 pm
america was founded on judeo-christian principles and scripture is quite clear. if you sit by while great scenes are being committed, you are complicit." richard of -- "did not mention donald trump tweets into thousand 13 about staying out in syria. that is because we are not in the gotcha game, rich? we understand the difference between being a civilian, a private citizen, and president of the united states. things change fast when you are. "bill, friday a sales -- great topics." i appreciate that, quinten. a lot of people watched. almost 6 million. probably did more on the internet. "on friday, you talked down to your gas and overrode their opinion." wow.
5:58 pm
"reading old school brought back so many memories. i went to an all girl catholic high school. at home, i would eat everything on my plate -- that had laughing out loud." i had to eat the plate! my father went beyond. mark schroeder, broadway, virginia. "mr. oh, thanks to you for writing "old school" ," i could not stop laughing. " we liked that part, too. "killing the rising sun is top-notch. the book shows emperor hirohito to be a war here war criminal. they kept him as a figurehead to keep order during the american occupation. today celebrates the anniversary of the petén death march which every american should know about
5:59 pm
bataan death march, which every american should feel know about. happy passover to our jewish viewers. and christian holy week coming up. i would like to take time out around easter. it's called me. the pew research took a survey to gauge feelings about certain religions. up 4 degrees in three years. topping 56. evangelical christians flat, atheists now up to 9 degrees. muslims are up 80 per that's interesting. here is the factor tip of the day. no matter what your belief system, respect this week. because our freedoms allow everyone to worship or not. and that is it for us tonight. check out the fox news factor website which is different from billoreilly.com. anywhere in the world, --
6:00 pm
chuffiness, love that word. again, thank you for watching us tonight. i am bill o'reilly. please remember the spin stops right here. ♪ >> oh, my god,... no! >> tucker: welcome to the friendly skies. a video recorded yesterday so the physician being violently seized and tracked often airplane, also the united airlines to give his seat to an employee be just a few minutes, we will talk to a passenger on the flight who took the video. welcome to "tucker carlson report." for months, the media and dozens of lawmakers have constantly and confidently accused resident from of being vladimir putin's puppet, in turn of having russia hacked the election, whatever that means. in this case, watch

59 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on