Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  April 11, 2017 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
>> martha: we are just about out of it. thanks for joining us tonight on "the first 100 days." tomorrow, we'll be back with the next. today 83 is tomorrow. have a good night. watch that kansas race. bill o'reilly is straightahead. see you tomorrow. >> "the o'reilly factor" is on. tonight. >> we've limited the syrian chemical weapons program. all of these steps have helped to keep us safe and help keep our troops safe. >> bill: president trump said he inherited a mess from president obama. some of that is political but some of it is not. tonight, will analyze the danger the commander-in-chief is facin facing. >> the time is overdue to develop a new screening test for the threats we face today. i call it extreme vetting. >> bill: the president's order to suspend immigration from six unstable countries now goes to another federal court. will mr. trump win this time?
5:01 pm
>> no! on my got! >> bill: also ahead, united airlines taking a public relations beating over dragging a man off a plane. tonight, there's new information about this stunning case. one caution, you are about to enter the "no spin zone" compared to the factor right no now. ♪ i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. crimes against humanity, that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo as we reported last night, it falls to america, to us to stop war crimes and atrocities all over the world. other countries will not do that including great powers like china and russia. so is left to we the people and our elected representatives to decide who were going to save. it's a gut wrenching decision is
5:02 pm
millions of people are murdered all over the world by six tyrants. president trump's missile attack on syria sent a new message to the world that the usa is going to hold war criminals accountable at least to some extent. the previous president, barack obama would not do that. instead, use negotiations which often failed. >> we've eliminated syria's chemical weapons program. all of these steps have helped to keep us safe and help keep our troops safe. those of the results of diplomacy. and sustain diplomatic efforts to matter how frustrating or difficult they sometimes appear are going to be required to resolve the conflicts whirling in the middle east from yemen to syria to israel to palestine. >> bill: now we know negotiations were phony. not on the united states as part, but syria did not eliminate its chemical weapons program. casting grave doubt on whether
5:03 pm
iran will obey the new deal president obama made. it is beyond reasonable doubt that syrian dictator assad is a war criminal. he is. but there are many other countries around the world in the same category. the north korean dictator kim jong-un allows the following. a systematic widespread and gross human rights violations including murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rate, forced abortion on and on and o on. roughly 18 million people in north korea do not get enough food according to a u.n. report released last month. but that's not enough to attack the country in. there is some sense of responsibility on the part of the north korean people themselves. sometimes, if the fight for your life and rights. the unit states cannot declare war on north korea despite the atrocities. but if a loony dictator continues to violate international weapons laws, targeted military action can be taken with just a pinch.
5:04 pm
and there's isis, who routinely rapes and kidnaps a woman, slows him into slavery, executes homosexuals, slaughters christians and basically kills and maims at will. as is currently under attack by a coalition of nations headed by you guessed it, us. and there's no excuse for not wiping ices off the face of the earth. a lesser group based in nigeria africa kills children. reuters is now reporting that group may have murdered 15,000 people over the years. it's a muslim extremist group. it uses female and child suicide bombers, 44 children were killed in suicide attacks in 2015 alon alone. the world has not yet united against them, but it should. you can see that president trump, the leader of the free world has his hands full. for eight years, president obama expressed indignation against crimes of a humanity attacked
5:05 pm
evildoers with drones. the problem is getting worse worldwide. note that the president trump to see if he can control it. that's the memo. enough of the top story, reaction from karl rove, and the making any mistakes here? >> i think you're on the right track. and it's important to point out, washington pundits set up a false choice between pragmatic politics and humanitarianism. but it's not that clear cut. we always in any individual conflict have to find the right balance. now, we cannot be the world's policeman in. but we have to be the world's referee. calling fouls and imposing penalties if necessary because no one else can do it. >> bill: china could do it. russia could do it in. they have enough military might to deal with the war criminals but they won't.
5:06 pm
>> but they are. they are the war criminals. but i think you also have to follow couple of basic rules. one conflict at a time. you can't do everything at once. so right now, i am concentrating on the issue of weapons of mass distraction in syria. see where that goes because if we could make an example of assad, if they're real penalties that reverberates with the other tyrants. >> bill: i'm not sure about that. >> it does. some more than others. it would reverberate with the iranians. not so much with the north koreans. >> bill: it looks to me and i think the pentagon believes that to do, general mattis at a press conference today and were moving military assets into north korean peninsula. and it looks like kim jong-un, the leader, he may not be insane. and not saying that with any
5:07 pm
hyperbole. he might be crazy enough to try to ignite a war on his peninsul peninsula. what you do then? if the guy is so insane and doesn't care, what happens? >> we shall see. whether or not kim jong-un, the north korean leader is saying, he probably is suffering from information deficit. he may have delusions of grandeur about what his forces can do because his generals -- americas going to beat us. >> bill: he can stand up against the united states. >> he's entirely delusional. >> bill: this is a very little thing that i noticed and i'm proud i noticed it. china sent back some north korean ships loaded with coal, okay? so china said were not going to buy the school from you. get out of here. that's an important step if china initiates an economic
5:08 pm
embargo against north korea. they're not going to have any food. they're starving, though turn against the government a matter how the military is. the military will turn against the government. let's take bogle around now. this is and get a lot of ink because is no tv cameras in the middle of the nigerian jungle where these guys are. why hasn't nato, western powers united and gone into nigeria and a multitask force under the u.n. flag to destroy this group that are killing so many children? >> because they're black. the latter the skin, the more apt we are to engage. spew anything it's a racial thing can ask the guy thing that the component of it. if we were much more concerned about the balkans in the 90s, it was an immense war going on in central africa to kill millions. beyond that though, there are real problems. nigeria has spent plenty of money on forces over the year except it was all stolen.
5:09 pm
nigeria is the most populous country in africa and they're not doing their part. >> bill: granted, but it's a war crime situation where children are being brutalized, women are being utilized by this crew, and if the western powers organize they could knock this crew out very, very quickly, yet they don't. >> we have to divide this kind of conflicts, war crimes conflicts, into two sorts. first, the big ones, the ones of the u.s. had to take the principal role with allies behind us. such as in syria and north kore north korea. isis, were doing exactly right. were not doing most of the fighting. were having the locals on the ground do the slaughterhouse fighting. we're providing support, airpower, all the back artillery, special ops. that's a smart way to do it and i think the way were acting right now in iraq and syria as a model of how you fight a group like isis. make the locals shed the blood. >> bill: you are supportive of
5:10 pm
the trump doctrine, the way it's going now. but again, it's a world full of horror, and it seems that we have to do it all. the united states almost has to do it all. last away. >> i understand your frustration but we cannot do it all. we have to be selective, and we have to do it smart. i'll tell you today when i listen to the press conference with secretary of defense jim mattison, he was inspiring because they were calm, sober, confident men who know what they're doing. i think we've got a lot of damage left from the obama years but i think they can do it. >> thank you very much as always. next on the run down, how the antitrust process treating the commander-in-chief now that he is used to u.s. military power and aggressive fashion. later, united airlines taking a pounding over the forced expulsion of an airline passenger who had a valid ticket. lawsuits will be flying here. factor is coming right back
5:11 pm
* * * * * * * * * *
5:12 pm
>> bill: tonight, how the anti-trump media is reporting and analyzing the syrian military action. joining us, mr. goldberg. i haven't seen anything. we used a clip last night where a refugee in syria was talking about how he loves trump. it was on one of the anti-trump network spread that was pretty amazing. otherwise, i think they played it down the line, reporting what was happening without any snarkiness or much snarkiness. >> even more than that. even donald trump's usual critics got plenty of airtime to say that they supported what he did. in syria. for what it's worth, if anybody cares, i support what he did in syria. it's important i think to point out that if you question what he did and if you point out the inconsistencies of what he did, that is not trump action despite what his fans think. that's called legitimate --
5:13 pm
>> bill: there are two issues here. one, it's hard to criticize a president, whoever the president may be if they're trying to stop babies from being gassed. that's a pretty tough -- we have the libertarians on -- >> it's impossible. >> bill: the libertarians, there philosophy is they've been with us since '76. the other question it is if you're going to criticize of president for what he said when he was a private citizen, son of valid criticism. things change when you are the commander-in-chief it's a lot easier blow it on a show like this and say this is my opinion, that's my opinion. then when you're in a position will, an elected position where you have all kinds of intel and all kinds of things that you don't have the private citizen, things change. >> not buying it. >> bill: you should. >> let me try to convince you. i know i won't, but let me try.
5:14 pm
the difference between citizen trump and president trump who was enormous. 2013 when bashar al-assad launched his first major poison gas attack on his own people, donald trump was repeatedly and vehemently against any action against syria. that's when barack obama was president. what changed? let's see. it was a crime against humanity in 2013, it was a crime against humanity week or so ago. >> bill: let me reply to that analysis. from my reading of the tweets and your basing that on the tweet stuff? >> yes. >> bill: is a tweet thing, set a paper anything like that. this essential point was we messed up the rack. we shouldn't have gotten in there. as bad as saddam hussein was, and hussein was a war criminal, we removed him and the vacuum
5:15 pm
cost is blood and treasure beyond belief. that was the essential philosophy here towards his view of syria. >> what changed? be one hears what changed. now he has the power to save the babies pretty didn't have the power there. >> you think a little bit deeper about it where you have the power to stop an atrocity as opposed to when you don't go. let me make clear. i am glad he was moved by those images and did what he did. i am thrilled that he did what he did. here's legitimate commentary also and not trump fashion. this is an impulsive man. this is why he tweets the way he does this is why he respond to criticism the way he does. now he's president, not citizen trump red he watches television, he sees images and he wants to do something about it. i am thrilled that he did.
5:16 pm
but acting impulsively while satisfying is not a substitute for well-thought-out foreign policy. we don't know what that foreign policy is. >> bill: i think you're being a bit unfair here. it is clear that donald trump conferred with the secretary of defense in the pentagon people in the military people. >> i'm sure he did. >> bill: they wait in with their opinion that we can do x and y and this is what would happen if we do. that's not impulse, that's policy. >> bill, he sitting at home with his twitter account in 2013. wait a second. in 2013, he sees this horrible, horrible crime against humanity, poison gas against civilians and instead of saying to barack obama you need to stop it, he doesn't do that. fine with me. but when he's president, i feel he needs to stop it.
5:17 pm
>> bill: he's got a personal responsibility to stop it. >> there's no law that says he has to be consistent. there's no law that says it can't he can't change his mind. but it is a night and day between the old donald trump and not much changed in between. >> bill: the criticism i don't think is valid from a private citizen to a commander-in-chief. when you're a person who can stop war crimes, you can do it. you can stop it. a whole different ball game that somebody can't do anything. >> when your private citizen, you can recommend that the person who does have power stop it, and he didn't do that. >> bill: bernie goldberg everybody pretty directly ahead, a horrifying story in idaho involving child refugees attacking a 5-year-old girl. the viewer warning here, this is very disturbing. later, why is airline travel so
5:18 pm
difficult in this very rich country? upcoming. [ engine revs ]
5:19 pm
[ screams ] [ shouting ] brace yourself! this is crazy! [ tires screeching ]
5:20 pm
whoo! boom baby! rated pg-13. [ screams ] >> bill: tonight, a very disturbing story and a viewer warning. you may not want to see this. in idaho, to refugee boys from an african country and one boy from iraq. they've been charged with sexually assaulting 5-year-old girl in twin falls. the boys ages 14, ten, and seven pleading guilty. they already said they had been in the usa for less than two years. being kept secret by the court. this is obvious the very troubling, and it is not, does not have anything to do with the general policy of resettling refugees in this country.
5:21 pm
anyone condemning an entire group because of a crime committed by children as being desperately unfair. the story made huge headlines in idaho, but it's not been covered nationally because of that very reason. the press wanting to protect the refugees community. joining us now from washington who. i think i've set this up fairly long that we understand this can be used as a battering ram against the entire refugee population in america. and that would be horribly wrong. so the question then becomes, can you report the story on national basis, which has not been reported in a responsible way? >> i think it's clear to everybody it's a reprehensible act, disturbing as you said it. the question becomes then once you move beyond the local news value and is you say, the folks out in idaho played this big, to
5:22 pm
use your language, then you use a matter of news value. to me, if i was the editor of the big newspaper, national newspaper and, what i think that it illustrates something larger that would speak to people all over the country? as you said, it is unfair and wrong to suggest that the actions of these children were the actions of those folks in maryland were that rate occurred and a high school. >> bill: would you cover it? 's to guide cover it if it was in my community. >> bill: would you cover it? >> i would cover it because i think there is a broader conversation about both immigration and refugees in the country more broadly and i think them media tends to side with the left on issues of immigration and also refugee populations. just look at the way they cover the trump administration. just with the roundups or the things that trump and force not too long ago bred all the stories, the headlines, the
5:23 pm
breaking up of families, where were those headlines under president obama who deported more illegal immigrants than any other president. also look at the it issue of refugees as well. look at the headlines of these sensationalizing what president trump was looking to do brit all he was looking to do was a temporary immigration pause. were literally talking about three or four months from countries that are either safe havens. >> bill: there is a political component but all three of us know there is a political component. how do you cover the story, lisa, if you're an editor of a national newspaper or cable news program that goes everywhere? how do you cover the story? >> i think local stories that have a broader national -- >> bill: what's your angle? you've got to give me an angle. they do cover it all the time. what's the angle here? >> i think the angle is the fact that we've been talking a lot as a country and the president has been focused on some of these issues, that's the focus.
5:24 pm
talking about refugee populations. looking across the country with issues regarding refugee populations. >> bill: one wouldn't cover it so i'm going to tell juan how i would cover it if i was a national editor, which i am. this is how i would cover it. the story i want to know these things. supervision of these children accused -- >> i'm with you. i think that's legitimate. we can talk about -- >> bill: that's a national story. here you have these refugees whom. they're here less than two years. was supervising them, where they living, why did they do this, what is the reaction of the people in charge of them? i believe the victim alone and the idaho judge and the idaho court, i've got to tell you doing a magnificent job by protecting this little girl. leaving little girl out of it. but supervision of these children of cultures way away from our culture, what is happening to them, why were they
5:25 pm
in this position to abuse his little girl? that's a big story one. that's a valid story. >> i'm all with you up to this point. the reality is that the courts are also protecting the identities -- >> bill: they have to protect and they should. >> of both the victim and the perpetrators of the crime because there are so under age, the children. if you are asking me, i'd say bill o'reilly has got it because you got to look at what's going on. >> bill: now you're giving me an angle. >> it's that i would cover it as such prey to what you heard from lisa, lisa politicized and went immediately to president trump and immigration. i don't think that's the issue here. >> bill: i wouldn't cover it on a political base is pretty >> i disagree with both of you because they were clearly issuen the issues coming in this country and other cultures that treat women very differently progressing sexual assaults happening across the world from refugee populations. >> bill: you can cover it that
5:26 pm
way. >> teaching refugees not to rate women. so individuals coming from countries that have issues with the treatment of women, that is a legitimate story. >> these are children. >> bill: one, the cultural aspect of the story is valid even though their children because that's what i want to know who supervising them. >> i think that's a hard story. we don't even know the identities of the assailants. let me just say, i don't think there's anything where they have attackers of a 5-year-old, i don't think anybody thinks that's good. >> bill: plenty more at the factor moves along this evening. will update you on a susan rice investigation which is been very quiet lately. then united airlines craziness, our lawn order team has been investigating. hope you stay tuned for those reports.
5:27 pm
5:28 pm
>> live from america's news headquarters, polls now close in the special election in kansas, the election being held to fill the seat left by senator mike pompeo. he left to become the director of the central intelligence agency. democrats hoping for a victory at an estate in which both house seats has been historically controlled by republicans since the 1930s. tensions rising today between the u.s. and north korea.
5:29 pm
now responding with threats to the nuclear strike if provoked. the warning comes after the u.s. redirected a navy strike group including an aircraft carrier towards the korean peninsula. amid concerns of possible weapons testing, president trump telling maria bartiromo of the fox business network network that north korean leader kim jong-un is "making a big mistake." this morning on twitter, the president issued a challenge to china about north korea. he says the trade deal between the two countries would be better if they would help solve the north korea problem. secretary of state rex tillerson is now in moscow with. it's his first visit to the nation since taking his post, and the first by a cabinet member in the trump administration to visit russia. tillerson is expected to urge they'd administration of vladimir putin to drop their support for syrian president bashar al-assad. i'm trace gallagher, breaking news updates throughout the evening live from los angeles, now back to "the o'reilly factor" ."
5:30 pm
>> bill: tonight, what is the status of the susan rice investigation. you may or member last week, headlines are made by the former national security advisor to president obama when it was discovered that she was involved in nsa wiretap surveillance. apparently, ms. rice looked at some of the dispatches and allegedly unmasked some of the americans involved which is not usually done. fox news correspondent adam housley and melia zimmerman and investigative reporter have been working the story. they join us now from los angeles. housley, what is the investigation as far as congress is concerned stand right now? >> we've been told that members of the intelligence committee say the investigation is expanding right now. they're looking into allegations for other americans or other politicians are unmatched and had their information collected. the file similar to what they did with the trump team, they're also not going on a record at this point due to the fact this was an ongoing investigation. they also have easter break.
5:31 pm
meantime, we've also been told the senate is looking at doing the same thing and together they both tell me members of both committees that what they continue to request from intelligence agencies has been very little given. this is the fbi is being very difficult. were told they just want to know about the unmasking, how frequent was this, who is doing it, why were they being unmasked and basically as one said to me, they're going to turn everything over or we are not going to authorize the congressionally approved 702 program which allows him to do this in the first place. this investigation is full-blown. >> bill: do we know melia if the fbi -- , he was dancing arod it when he was asked about it. are they actively admit to getting the unmasking of americans caught on taps? >> there's a big question about the fbi's rule in this, and there is concerned just about how the fbi is handling the case. we spoke with members of the house intelligence committee who said they're very frustrated with the fbi, so i'm not sure
5:32 pm
how much active role in terms of what the fbi is actually investigating. >> bill: do you know if the fbi is involved with this? are they investigating this? >> i'm told it's a web, and there are multiple agencies involved here but they have to go to the fbi. how to take the reverse targeting, so there is an fbi element here. the fbi, the nsa of course. >> bill: they would be the agency to turnover the laws to the senate and house intelligence committee. they're the ones that are doing the tapping and of the ones that allegedly susan rice and others asked to see what they had come up with and then asked for americans to be unmasked. so is it the nsa that's not cooperating with the congressional committees? >> it's actually both the nsa and fbi. in fact, we were told that the fbi is much more difficult in terms of getting information, james, has not come back to the hill to be interviewed.
5:33 pm
of course, he's the fbi director and 100 questions that they're supposed to have answered haven't been answered and fbi in their defense says were preparing the information. we want to make sure it's accurate before we send it. but it's been four weeks. >> bill: explained the 100 questions. what are the 100 questions? who wrote the questions and where did they go? >> sure. during the open house hearing, which was in march, around march the third week of march. they had an open hearing on capitol hill and it was in the house intelligence committee and the house members asked james comey as well as admiral rogers, whose nsa director 100 questions that they did not answer. they said they couldn't answer it. so they were supposed to go into closed sessions and actually answer these questions in private and not in front of the media, not in front of the public but that was never done. james comey has not come back to the hill. at the 100 questions have been
5:34 pm
answered and said they're still a great mystery in terms of what the answers are. >> bill: you would think adam -- >> adding to melia, we have people of both parties questioning the fbi's actions here. they're only getting little bits from. >> bill: you got to get the attorney general involved, jeff sessions because he is, his boss and he can say you have to answer this and that and the other thing. folks don't know much about this which is why i'm doing this segment, a big deal last week, a lot of partisans stopped in there, and then we don't know anything. soon your investigation adam, where are you? what you looking at? >> remember also when this came out, you have the syrian air strikes which took over the news cycle and everything now is made political and in our case with our story, the idea here is to get it right. as you know, it's always been our goal in this and been doing this with you actually for 15 years. so our investigation to go through and get the information that we can get, this is
5:35 pm
delicate information, sensitive information. a lot of it is classified which are not allowed to see. individuals that really have nothing to gain but everything to lose who were talking to. so our number one priority is to get it right. >> bill: so what are you trying to get right? what path are you want? >> we have the exact same questions at the committees have. what was being done here? was this more than just the trump transition team? was more than susan rice explained earlier in a cbs interview which didn't really seem to match? was the back were other people caught up in this? >> bill: are you making any progress can back absolutely making progress, but because of the sensitive nature of so many classifications. >> also the classifications. some stories you can go right after because there's no classified information here just have to find people and get the information out of them, that you have defined the people get information out of them that you can get and make the right and safe and honest and at the same time -- >> bill: is not going to get you in trouble.
5:36 pm
last question, do you expect a whistleblower to come forth because that would break the case wide open. do you expect that to happen? >> that would. in fact, when we talked with the house intelligence committee they said they're hoping that some of these people who have talked with adam and i would come forward and mention what they've told us, some of the things were working on and that we are investigating will often tell the house intelligence committee because that would really start to expand its investigation even further. >> bill: needed some contacts. we'll see. >> it's difficult because they're all in their jobs right now. they'll have jobs in this industry. >> bill: the trump administration is a pathetic to this investigation. because that's whether more interested. >> bill: for political reasons of course. keep us posted. when we come back, the united airlines debacle. plenty of new information and legal ramifications moments awa away.
5:37 pm
5:38 pm
>> bill: things for staying with us. and a law and order segment tonight, amanda forcibly removed from a united airlines flight, which was overbooked. you've seen the video plenty of times, but for those few who aren't up to speed on my going to it to you once more. >> oh, my god, ! >> oh, my god! no! what my god, what are you doing?
5:39 pm
no, this is wrong. oh, my god. look at what you did to him? oh, my god, . >> bill: here now, our lawn order team. so this new information about the guy they dragged off today. i'm not really sure whether that's relevant to the situation, but you tell me. >> i appreciate you selling that, preventing the question that way because there is information we learned about this man's background that some people might consider unsavory that he has had felony convictions. he is a doctor, but he's had his license revoked. >> bill: some kind of beef with overprescribing and prescribing drugs. so from a legal point of view, you've got to assume this guy is going to sue united airlines for beaucoup bucks. >> can you blame him? >> bill: he is an american citizen, is going to do what he wants to do. in that lawsuit then, the defense does the defense have a right to then race his
5:40 pm
background as a mitigating circumstance? because already unit it is saying the guy was unruly and he was uncooperative, et cetera. what they have the right to do that? >> this is what they have the right to do, they have the right to present eyewitnesses, percipient testimony that actually someone who saw exactly what happened or other videotapes or cell phone recordings. they are not in my opinion going to be able to justify bringing in anything about the man's background or prior felony convictions because it's simply not relevant. prejudicial value outweighs. >> by my colleague here, it's overly prejudiced. he had passed convictions of violent and they knew about it, maybe you can make that argumen. >> bill: because the guy is going to sue, you can't just smear him his whole life and bring that in them. he deserves a beating, that kind of thing. >> improper character evidence will not be allowed. >> bill: when you have like
5:41 pm
this and to be fair to united airlines, there in a bad position. their ceo has issued yet another statement, a bunch of statements and this one will, his calling calling it a horrific event that he deeply apologize to the guy who was dragged out. so now he's apologizing to the guy and that nobody should ever be miss treated this way and on and on. but the damage is already done. >> of course it is. look how long it took to get to the apology. he's released several things. here's the issue. at no point did he distance himself from the chicago aviation act and that's what i would've done. i was the ceo of chicago aviation offices who actually dropped him off the plane. that was an opportunity, if i'm in united ceo i distance myself from that and save that's not how we do business as united. >> bill: there were three guys who dragged him out. >> a couple in uniforms, one in plainclothes. the proper determination is to
5:42 pm
be made as to their employment. there's a couple causes of action. you say you improperly removed me and thus its foreseeable harm would come to me that these individuals acted in a way that was unreasonable. it did not use reasonable force. apparently when he was in the chair trying to get him out of the seat, he hit his face them. >> bill: we've got a still of him bleeding. >> they're dragging him out. goodness gracious. >> his patients could file possibly two. >> bill: the guy will walk away with maybe a couple million bucks. >> this isn't playing well for united. >> bill: again, i don't think united airlines is to be demonized before this incident. i don't think this is their policy. >> serious liability, bill. we'll see.
5:43 pm
>> bill: are going to lose. but you demonize the whole airline? us because you take it up to $1,000 and per have it in a peaceful way. >> bill: we haven't heard much about the refugee ban and super vetting in countries like yemen and iraq. anyway, the trump order which was stopped again, but now it's going to be heard by whom, ms. ebony? >> the fourth circuit that's north carolina, west virginia, virginia, and maryland which is the current claim in front of them. this maryland judge his struck the band down again. they're hearing in a full circuit, i practice in that area, north carolina for many years. it's going to be a different temperament than what we saw. more kind of conservative. >> bill: the judge that we just on the screen, he struck down -- go >> trump's second band. >> bill: he said it's no good and provide reasons. so now the federal appeals court hears this in may, correct? and what the timeline, how much
5:44 pm
will be have to wait before the decision is? >> i suspect several months. >> bill: several months? >> in terms of one will get a decision from the appellate court. though probably do it faster with the implications but ultimately it will go to the supreme court. >> bill: don't worry about the supreme court now. so we expect that they'll uphold the trump order. >> i think there's a higher probability of success of the travel ban being upheld as constitutional by the fourth circuit in comparison to the ninth circuit, which is really not saying much. >> bill: would you both agree that this is a more centered on the law court? >> is going to be 15 judges. >> i think that argument of national security would play better in this court. >> bill: let's assume that trump order then gets reinstated and then somebody else is going to have to come out and challenge it again and go to the supreme court. who would that be? would have the standing to challenge this because i don't have to hear it? >> the president.
5:45 pm
>> bill: if the president wins, trump wins. who's going to get it to the supreme court? >> somebody else can make the filing and say. >> bill: they don't have to take it from anybody. they don't have the standing are they not in the right place, this can be hard to find somebody. >> they can still make an application. >> bill: this is the big one on the vetting, this fourth circuit court, may 7th. >> this is the one to watch. >> bill: you guys are going to be watching it, that's your job. why is american airline travel so bad? the boys are next.
5:46 pm
5:47 pm
5:48 pm
>> bill: for years, the american airline industry has been changing how customers fly. any of the changes are not good. here to give us some perspective. when i was your age, all those airlines. twa. went to the plane and it was nice, and the food was good and the hospitality. now it's changed. >> were packed like shark teeth and there. but we have to understand, flying is not part of our evolutionary toolkit. were in a silver tube 35,000 feet in the air, the pressure drops, air must expand to fill the space. i'm talking about flatulence. this is a huge problem for some of us. >> bill: airline can't really do much about this. >> why can't they serve you rice and strange fruit juice? i did my research for a reason. >> bill: am i going to get coach an answer at if you are not? 's take on talking about serious issues. >> bill: why has service
5:49 pm
declined in the american airlines industry to mexico they have to make a profit. and other people who find out take medication in order to get through the flying experience. there is an increasing risk of incidents because people handle medications differently. >> bill: because they're stoned out of their mind. >> because her on xanax or ambien. when 70 wakes them up, they're little disoriented. this is happened to me. i've had some issues. i've looked at out with a number of authorities. >> bill: when he go to the airport, when do you think, is this going to be a fun time today? >> absently not. hate flying. despise it. first well, if did comply with law enforcement officers. that i was treated terribly, comply with them. i'm ready, i expect to be humiliated or delayed or something like that. aside from crying babies were sitting next to a smelly fat guy reselling on the carmack for three hours, we've all done that but actually one time i tried to board and they said i was inappropriately dressed wearing a tank top, flip-flops, yoga
5:50 pm
pants and they made me change. >> bill: do have a picture of that? >> was on my way to key west with greg and a couple of guys. >> bill: nice long weekend. >> i do or member any of a pretty >> bill: all this about money, you guys know that. used to be at the airlines didn't have to make money because of a limited by the federal government. a lot of their foreign carriers and things like that made runs of them so they can make the lavish. so now we have the struggle for everything, every peanut we have to struggle for. and that weighs you down. >> here's the hypocrisy and the complaints about air travel. people will say i will never fly this airline again until you do. >> bill: you have to. there's not that many carriers in most cities. >> it's a pretty great deal to fly from one coast to the other for 500 bucks. 200 years ago, you are on a horse and you would die of
5:51 pm
scurvy and i don't even know how you get scurvy from a horse but i don't trust those horses. >> bill: you say the service has declined why? >> all because of economics. it's the economy. another example, i was in the lavatory at 30,000 feet, severe turbulence all of a sudden. 5 minutes just bouncing up and down grade i was a mess but the worst part was walking back to the seat. i felt like i just crawled out of the sewer and the people are looking at me. they wouldn't play the cleaning bill. it's all about money. when you get down to it and finances. clearly. still that's not how i hurt it happened. >> bill: i'm not going to get anything decent at if you guys at all, so we'll have to take the segment over. what has happened is they have packed the planes to the point where we are almost suffering when you get in there and then if you want a little extra room you have to pay for $500 more and then we'll put you up into a seat that's got a little bit more room. then on the bags, they charge you 50 bucks a back now?
5:52 pm
>> i check myself. >> bill: that would be better. i'd love to see when on the carousel going around. >> on the way to key west, he sat on my lap. >> bill: will not to hear the key west thing. that's not going to be a positive on your resumes. is there any hope? what would you do to fix it? >> i don't think there's hope. >> are making the seats smaller. jetblue used to have wider seats and they made the seats smaller. they were the last salvation of the airlines and now they're caving into l.a. sardines. >> bill: if you're running united airlines, rule number one you don't have to beat up by passengers and drag them off the plane. >> no seating, get a beating or something like that. [laughter] that's a new slogan. fly the friendly skies, no seating get a beating.
5:53 pm
>> fight or flight. >> bill: if you are in charge, god help us. >> catapults. this is the new way, catapults. just hop in and send you over. it's fun and it's fast. it's like those pneumatic tubes back when you are in school and they had those things for mail and they cheated through pneumatic tubes. that's how i want to travel. pneumatic tubes. >> private jets. >> bill: private jets. got to earn a little money though. the gentleman, there is a good job. not tonight. billy got a good 40 seconds out of this. >> bill: back to the tip of the day, a great trip. we'll tell you about a great trip. the tip moments away.
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
>> bill: tip of the day, what to do on vacation. but first as you may know, all the money i derive from billoreilly.com our web site donated to charity. we have some brand-new mugs. you can get a gallon of liquid in there.
5:56 pm
as well as great variety of gifts for anyone in your family. i love these mugs. they, billoreilly.com premium member, he can get anyone of my books free of charge. old-school number one, rising sun number three, we think you all for that. colorado springs, bill, you chuckle about the passenger being removed from united airlines. it was no laughing matter. as if he were. i clearly said, i shouldn't be laughing at my reaction was purely from the bizarre nature of the incident. by the way doug, as a juror coming to listen to all the evidence before you conclude. some of little rock, arkansas, the video of the passenger being dropped off those plane was exactly as you said, a police state situation. westminster, colorado, when the airline tells you to leave and the police say the same thing, you leave. fight it another day. that's old-school. i agree.
5:57 pm
tip of florida, o'reilly, get real red is president trump doing better in your eyes? looks like you're the one asking leading questions. one more time. a leading question is one where you want a certain answer soon. you set it up a certain way to get that answer. asking charles if he is revised in opinion is not suggesting an answer. i have no idea what he would say and didn't care. just wanted to be interesting. stephen mills, orlando, florida, krista krauthammer, there's a difference between being the world's policeman and punishing a country for war crimes things to explaining that. lexington tennessee, reading killing the rising sun, the pool chairs were full of people doing the same thing. that's great to hear. thank you. i hope you had a nice time. green bay, wisconsin, i enjoy
5:58 pm
reading killing jesus. we went to church on palm sunday and passengers from the book in his sermon. i'm flattered. tell the pastor i appreciate it. killing jesus now out on paperback. a great read. justin rhode island, just finished old-school. trigger lots of good memories from my traditional upbringing. i hope you didn't have to find a safe space robert after reading old-school. robert cornwell, colorado springs. saw the show with you and miller last year, one of the best shows i've seen since the beatles in kansas city in 1964. wow. thank you robert. it is the fall shows, miller, me, and watters in baltimore, tampa, florida, vegas, anaheim, california. tickets going fast, check it all out on billoreilly.com. great mothers and fathers day gifts and we will link you write to the box office if you so desire.
5:59 pm
maryville tennessee, mr. o'reilly you said starring miller, watters, and me. it should be i. incorrect, jude. here's the easy rule to follow. when deciding between using i and me in a sentence. taking other names out, you wouldn't be starring i. but i really appreciate your question and thanks for watching the program. the tip of the day off and around this time of year, grab some vacation because it's spring and easter time. last fall i booked a trip that should be terrific, not going to tell you where it is, but we have a contest on billoreilly.com. guess where bill is going? all have a full report when i return. here's the fact tip of the day, if you take two good trips a year, it will refresh your life. get r&r, put it to good use, planet, don't run into horror on the road. make sure you take yours. that is it for us tonight. please check out the fox news factor web site which is different from billoreilly.com billoreilly.com. o'reilly at fox news.com, word
6:00 pm
of the day, writing to the factor. great work. thanks for watching us and i prayed and bill o'reilly. remember, the spin stops here. >> good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. the battle to enforce americans laws continues across the country and our largest city tonight, just a few minutes we'll talk to a new york attorney who was upset that they nypd reported illegal aliens including a sex offender to the feds. first of tonight, claims of the trump administration as a gang of russian operatives is starting to look sillier day by day. russian diplomats say tonight the relations are at their worst since the cold war. secretary of state rex tillerson is in moscow tryin to get russia to abandon syrian president bashar al-assad. he struggled however even to arrange a meeting with

96 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on