Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  June 7, 2017 9:00pm-10:01pm PDT

9:00 pm
about a mile underground, she collected $239 million in compensation. $900,000 every week. to spend it wrecking company. it tells you a lot about america in 2017. what a shame. we are back tomorrow. bye for now. ♪ >> jesse: hello, everybody. i'm jesse watters. along with, greg gutfeld, juan e williams, kimberly guilfoyle, and dana perino. it's 9:00 in new york city and this is "the five." ♪ we're just 13 hours away from one of the most highly anticipated senate hearings in recent memory. tomorrow, former fbi director james comey will appear before the senate intelligence committee to discuss his private conversations with president trump. it will be the first time he has spoken publicly since the president fired him on may 9th. we are already getting a preview about what to expect from mr. comey. ed henry has the details from the white house tonight.
9:01 pm
ed, what do we say? >> good evening, a pretty good day for president trump because top intel officials testified as sort of a preamble to this on the hill and suggested the commander in chief did not improperly pressure them to interfere with this russian probe and the teaser we are getting of james comey's testimony tomorrow -- that is backing up the commander in chief's account that he was not under investigation. and even when comey will detail his february oval office meeting with the president, where mr. trump asked him about the probe of michael flynn being let go, they did not share this with fbi agents. comey says... signaling even he admits it's a high bar to prove obstruction of justice. even so, there could be real
9:02 pm
political damage to this as they testify about the january dinner, for example. he will testify. "a few minutes later, the president said, i need loyalty, i expect loyalty. i did not move or change my facial expression in any way. during the awkward silence that followed, we simply looked at each other in silence." awkward and a bit dramatic from comey, which is why advisors for the president are saying they are bracing for two things tomorrow. one, even if it turns out to be a nothing burger, the mainstream media can build up the drama so much to make it look like it was devastating for the president and the other thing is, even if it turns out to be a relatively good day for the president, he can mess it up by live tweeting the hearing and making matters worse. >> jesse: you didn't know but "nothing burger" is a banned phrase by gutfeld. [laughter] we are going to let it slide this time. >> greg: i think i just popped a vessel.
9:03 pm
>> jesse: the president feels totally vindicated, based off of these prepared remarks that comey is supposed to deliver. based off these remarks, trump might not even have to live tweet tomorrow because this is pretty good news for the president for the most part. do you agree? >> kimberly: yes, the president feels vindicated because what so far we have been able to review and that prepared statement which is quite detailed is that the statement is consistent with what the president said transpired between the two of them. if there were any other witness or recording, there isn't anything to contradict or provide an inconsistent statement to what the president said occurred in the conversation and by this way, multiple times he was assured that he was not under investigation, so it shows truthfulness on the part of the president and diminishes any kind of motive or intent to say oh, he wanted to fire comey
9:04 pm
because he was under investigation by the russians. at least in terms of the president, that gives him some cover and validates his statement. i think that was important. >> jesse: based off of these prepared remarks, dana, the networks and all the cables have decided they will go live tomorrow. >> dana: yes, including me. i will be on in the morning. >> jesse: i walked into that plug. >> kimberly: even though you were insulting us at the same time. >> jesse: do you think these prepared remarks take the wind out of the sails of this intense excitement? >> dana: yes, i do. i think that's why senator burr and director comey agreed to release it today. they don't want to be -- i don't think they wanted to be that dramatic. i'm not going to say that word that greg hates because i like him too much for him to pop another vessel. i think democrats have high hopes for james comey, they will
9:05 pm
be dashed again. he's losing the football with them. however, i think based on the written testimony, i can understand both sides. i can understand the president wanting to clear his name saying this investigation is a cloud. i wanted to be cleared and couldn't you just publicly say what you are telling me? i also understand the separation of powers and i respect them and i think the independent judiciary is so important and i believe fbi director comey was prudent in how he handled it and i think that's what we will see tomorrow. a public servant caught up in a situation where you have hillary clinton doing this terrible thing. having her private email server. then, running for president. him having to get in the middle of that. making a mistake, commenting on that and then getting into the situation. what he said was he wanted to avoid a duty to correct. if, in fact, it changed, if he became a subject of investigation. which could be worse for the president in the long run. i think the director was being
9:06 pm
prudent. i don't think it's necessary for the white house to trash comey's reputation and they should have a great infrastructure event and forget about it. let the lawyers take the stand and let your story get handled. >> jesse: greg, speaking of forget about it -- the moment where the president demanded loyalty, is that how people in new york talk? is that par for the course? chris christie said that that is how bosses work in the city. >> greg: kind of, i think trump is guilty of being trump. any time something comes up that supposed to be egregious, you find out that maybe he was inappropriate or blunt. but unlawful? no. this is not earth shattering but i am glad he released this study guide. it's like a program for a local musical.
9:07 pm
the biggest loser here is cnn. for predicting, according to sources, comey was going to testify he never said trump was under investigation. >> jesse: i think we had it right there. >> greg: they weren't just wrong ones. they are wrong three times because he testified three times. that raises the question -- who is cnn's source? >> kimberly: three strikes, you are out. >> greg: i think it was kathy griffin. she was there just hanging around. the problem with trump being trump is part of it is his responsibility. every time i was hired for a job, there was always an employee orientation day where they kind of tell you the rules. apparently the rules don't go alone with the fbi. don't demand loyalty. you did that in queens but you can't do it here. this is the mark of somebody who is not a politician. this is what happens. i want to add another note about this comey memo.
9:08 pm
it's a golden corral buffet. there's something for everyone. if you don't like trump company you can bring up the demanding loyalty thing. you can also bring up lots of other stuff that's in there. >> jesse: i'm sure juan will bring it up. >> greg: if you like trump, you can say that comey vindicated him on that last part and he didn't interfere. it's amazing when you look at how other people in the media are going oh, my god, impeachment and everyone else is going "no." don't say what it is. it's a nothing taco. >> kimberly: i am not interested in the nothing taco. >> jesse: we are going to leave that one alone. juan, although some of these comments by president trump were maybe not mature, there is nothing criminal about them. do you agree? >> juan: nothing criminal as of yet. the closest we could contest is
9:09 pm
there is a basis for saying he was trying to interfere with an ongoing investigation by asking the fbi director, "can you see a way to let this go?" that mike flynn is a good guy? but the question becomes one of intent. that's the measuring stick and can you prove that the president had intent to block or interfere with an ongoing federal investigation? >> jesse: that's a very high bar. >> juan: i think kimberly said this. given that there is no independent corroboration, how are you going to prove that? i will say this, it's very interesting to me that we had a story out indicating that president trump was asked by attorney general sessions, "do you want my resignation?" the reason for this apparently is president trump was upset with his decision to recuse himself from the russian probe. then we have also news that fbi director mueller said you know
9:10 pm
what? i'm uncomfortable being with this president. i feel like he's -- >> dana: being alone. in order to preserve the independence of the judiciary. >> juan: preserve the independence and integrity of the investigation. this would indicate he did feel to some extent that he was after something. in one of the conversations, he said the president told him "i am trying to lift this cloud." i am told that's a new york business term. can you help me? we'll talk about in the next segment, more conversations with the intelligence community officials, but today, they got in trouble, because they won't even say. >> dana: they wouldn't say it in public session. >> jesse: they don't want to say these things in front of a worldwide audience and that makes perfect sense. >> greg: in new york, lifting a cloud is smoking a joint. >> jesse: how would you know, greg? [laughter]
9:11 pm
>> kimberly: what's important here, there isn't any time that comey thought that the president was trying to get him to stop an investigation, was in any way colluding, was in any way obstructing justice. you don't have that there. how are you going to prove that? you are going to imagine it? the person who is in the room, the subject of that discussion and that conversation, is telling you that it wasn't problematic and didn't rise to the level. straight shooter comey, if it was, he would have had to report it and make it the subject and when investigation and say that it was improper. the farthest that he goes is saying that it was very concerning. that was it. but never did he feel that it was something that he had to do are compelled. when you hear president trump talking about that, loyalty is a big thing to him.
9:12 pm
that's the way he rolls. comey also gave you further insight to back up what greg said. this is a man that didn't quite understand what was appropriate to discuss with the fbi directo director. >> juan: i agree. >> kimberly: that doesn't show any kind of intent to commit a crime. he saying i don't think this is a president or a man who knew the ropes, as to how we do things around here. >> dana: still, he has been a ceo of a private company for a long time. i don't think that necessarily excuses not understanding basic rules of the road when it comes to government and separation of power. when you work for the government or the head of the government, you pledge your loyalty to the united states of america. not to any one man. that's a fundamental principle of america. you don't learn that during the transition. the founding fathers put that in the constitution for a reason. >> greg: i wouldn't know that. if i ran for president, i would
9:13 pm
be treating it just like everything else i did. if i thought somebody was after me, i would say, why are you doing this? lighten up. that's how it new yorkers talk to new yorkers. >> dana: but if president obama did that, and the excuse would be "oh, he's new to the senate?" >> jesse: president obama assumed that eric holder had his back. >> juan: sessions was a long time supporter of president trump. just to pick up on what dana was saying, what we are seeing here is a president who feels very isolated. nobody he can trust. he can't trust jeff sessions? wow. the second thing is, i don't think he has a sense of how you have a responsibility bigger than loyalty. when you are the president of the united states. >> jesse: i think he's very loyal to the country and i think that's why he was put in office. >> dana: he has a core group that trusts him.
9:14 pm
>> greg: it's jared. >> jesse: officials appeared on capitol hill today. where they had some surprising things to say about the russian investigation, details ahead. ♪
9:15 pm
♪ if you have moderate to severe ulcerative colitis or crohn's,
9:16 pm
and your symptoms have left you with the same view, it may be time for a different perspective. if other treatments haven't worked well enough, the only biologic developed and approved just for uc and crohn's. entyvio works by focusing right in the gi-tract to help control damaging inflammation and is clinically proven to begin helping many patients achieve both symptom relief as well as remission. infusion and serious allergic reactions can happen during or after treatment. entyvio may increase risk of infection, which can be serious. while not reported with entyvio, pml, a rare, serious brain infection caused by a virus may be possible. tell your doctor if you have an infection, experience frequent infections, or have flu-like symptoms, or sores. liver problems can occur with entyvio. if your uc or crohn's medication isn't working for you, ask your gastroenterologist about entyvio. entyvio. relief and remission within reach.
9:17 pm
did you know slow internet can actually hold your business back? say goodbye to slow downloads, slow backups, slow everything. comcast business offers blazing fast and reliable internet that's over 6 times faster than slow internet from the phone company. say hello to internet speeds up to 250 mbps. and add phone and tv for only $34.90 more a month. call today. comcast business. built for business.
9:18 pm
>> dana: dan coats and mike rogers testified today on capitol hill. where they disappointed many senators by refusing to comment on any personal conversations they had with president trump. rogers and coats said it wouldn't be appropriate to disclose discussions with the president in an open session but they were more forthcoming when asked if the white house ever tried to influence an investigation. >> are you aware of any efforts by anyone in the white house or the executive branch looking for advice from other members of the intelligence community on how to potentially influence an investigation? >> no. >> no. >> has anyone ever come forward and said i just got a call the white house saying what's the best way to influence someone on an investigation? >> i never received anything. >> i have no knowledge of such call.
9:19 pm
>> dana: juan, let me talk to you. i talked to some of the democrats -- they think after today's testimony and what they know about fbi director comey, they don't think there's going to be anything new. they think it continues to be a distraction. it's like putting another log on the fire but this is not going to be at an end-all be-all. do you think the democrats are a little disappointed with the buildup to this hearing? >> juan: you have to be disappointed if you saw it. as cnn reported, that there was going to be testimony from the fbi director, suggesting that in fact the president had said something explicit in terms of "don't do it." clear evidence of intent, which would lead to hints of obstruction of justice, if you are not a trump fan, this was going to be nirvana.
9:20 pm
that's not happening on the basis of anything that transpired today or will likely transpire tomorrow. what we do see that i think you and i will disagree on is in the testimony from dan coats and mike rogers, the national security council guy -- they refuse to answer questions. the democrats -- i've also say marco rubio and the independent angus king of maine, he became infuriated with them. the white house hasn't invoked any executive privilege. why are you able to come before our committee and say to us, "oh, we can't talk about this. we'll tell you privately." of course, there are no private hearings scheduled per unit . >> dana: i do think, kimberly, the president benefits from having experienced people around him in washington. they didn't overreact. they don't think it's that big a deal but an argument could be made that if this is all going to be repeated in the press anyway, should they have been
9:21 pm
able to say that in public session and put it to bed so there's not speculation about what they said behind the scenes? >> kimberly: it's hard, you want to get the right position which is -- tell the truth, be transparent about what happened but don't engage in things that are not relevant or that seem to be like russian gossip. the kind of thing that people are looking for, the father is very distracting. the democrats were getting very frustrated because they wanted to get something there. everybody was trying to make it their moment to expose it. comey went ahead and leaked his own testimony. >> dana: in conjunction with the chairman, senator burr. >> kimberly: absolutely. that's what happened. cnn, who completely reported false information, a complete letdown -- is comey going to radically change his statement tomorrow and make some wild, inconsistent statement? i don't think so. i think he will stick to his script and exactly what he said today.
9:22 pm
based on his accounts that he took. that were contemporaneous in time with conversations with the president. that suggests reliability, credibility. we are hearing it from the man himself. this is what happened, these are the facts. i will also tell you subjectively what i felt at the time, which was that he didn't feel that any other action should be taken going forward, he didn't find any wrongdoing on the part of the president and he didn't think of the president was trying to end an investigation or influence him in that way. >> dana: greg, you can imagine these two men have incredible responsibility. protecting us from all sorts of threats, foreign and domestic. can you imagine if they are sitting there, thinking, we've got a lot to do? >> greg: yeah, i mean, iran got hit. stuff is going on in this world. it kills me to watch politicians getting angry over people who are acting just like them. you know, they learned it from
9:23 pm
the best. >> kimberly: they all used to be there. >> greg: this hearing was nothing more than a bunch of old people asking the same question over again. being under 24-hour diner and somebody keeps asking how late you are open. they shouldn't call it a hearing. they should call it hard of hearing. they need hearing aids. everybody is showing so much respect, they always have to wind up to get to the question. if you cut all that out and got to the meat and bones, it would be shorter than ever moans a song from the first album. it is about one group of people going after another group of people. and they are relentless. i have to give the democrats credits. they are absolutely relentless. i wish the republicans were like this with the real scandals during the last eight years. if they were like this? who knows. >> dana: last word, jesse. >> jesse: what happened during the democratic scandals, i think eric holder, what did he say?
9:24 pm
he invoked an executive privilege when they were trying to get to the bottom of fast and the furious, pleading the fifth on the irs scandal. hillary basically wiping her server clean. that was more evasive, i think, than some of the answers that were given today. of course, they don't want to go off and give what their private conversations with the commander in chief in front of the entire world. that is obvious. today was just another nail in the coffin for the so-called russia-trump experience conspiracy. everyone's out there on that table, saying there is no effort by anybody at the white house to influence any of their investigations. this "post" story is fake news. it didn't happen. i think the democrats are sitting around waiting for the next thing to happen because they don't have anything going on right now. >> dana: which "post" story? >> jesse: president trump tried to influence the dni -- telling comey to slow down the investigation. they said they were not influenced what they didn't say what the conversation was.
9:25 pm
>> juan: let's be clear. >> dana: he benefits from people who don't overreact and are prudent and experienced in washington. we are not going to talk about that, sir. we are going to move on. directly ahead, we will tell you why authorities aren't tracking enough terrorists. we've got that, stay tuned. ♪ it's just a burst pipe, i could fix it. (laugh) no. with claim rateguard your rates won't go up
9:26 pm
just because of a claim. i totally could've - no! switching to allstate is worth it. it's how well you mow fast. it's not how fast you mow... ...it's how well you mow fast! they're not just words to mow by, they're words to live by. the john deere ztrak z345r.
9:27 pm
you know win control? be this guy. check it out! self-appendectomy! oh, that's really attached. that's why i rent from national. where i get the control to choose any car in the aisle i want, not some car they choose for me. which makes me one smooth operator. ah! still a little tender. (vo) go national. go like a pro.
9:28 pm
now there's armor all wash wipes with lift and clean technology. extra large wipes that lift and remove dust, dirt and grime. no hose, no bucket, no problem. just wipe, to spot clean bird and bug splatters in seconds or to wash and wax the entire car in minutes. also try new armor all ultra shine wax wipes. for a brilliant shine with that same wipe and walk away convenience. clean, shine and protect, anytime anywhere with armor all ultra shine exterior wash and wax wipes.
9:29 pm
just turn on cars.coms on tprice dropswant? and get real-time notifications that could help save you money. use cars.com and save. ♪ >> greg: today's hearing was >> greg: today's hearing was supposed to be aboutei surveillance. they didn't get around to it. but i will.re the civil liberties people who hate surveillance operate on a lie.. that security infringes on freedom. no, it enhances freedom, which insures our survival.. especially when we are at war with a disease. libertarians love to twist then ben franklin quote. when he said that those who would give up liberty to purchase safety don't deserve
9:30 pm
either. it's not about surveillance. but a tax depute about who pays for frontier defense and pennsylvanian. ben would have been fine with the nsa. what civil libertarians miss is, our enemies realize our love of liberty makes us vulnerable to their apocalyptic goals. they use our dedication to freedom to infiltrate, kill, and inevitably rid us of some of that very same freedom. so, what's the answer? we must realize that the survival of liberty requires a coexisting exception. one that allows us to stop the attacks on said liberty. this exception should sit beside our rights. think of it as the bouncer whose job is to stop those people whose belief systems run counter to our freedom. these anti-terror programs areeo not in conflict with liberty but act as a tougher, more muscular
9:31 pm
pal, there to help. you are safe from dirty nukes, bioterror, and beheadings. it's hard to be free when you are dead. k.g., are you tired of hearing this security infringing freedom argument? you're supposed to stop there and to never wonder, maybe they go together? >> kimberly: this is the problem. when you think about it, a loved one, someone in your life, beiny harmed, losing their life, been injured or maimed due to terror that could have been preventable if you had the will and the stomach to allow for a little bit of an investigation orle intelligence gathering? why do you have a problem with that? why does human life -- why is it valued so much lower than the right to go ahead and get some information to prevent a loss of life? this is what bothers me so much. how much do we need to see in london and manchester and here on our own soil? san bernardino, orlando.
9:32 pm
how much is going to be enough? to say, that's that. sounds like theresa may has come to terms and grips with this and is saying enough is enough. we've got to do something about this. they are very clear about what they intend and they will go to any length to be able to commit acts of jihad across the world w to accomplish their goals. what are we willing to do? it's a small sacrifice -- is a small sacrifice too much to ask? >> greg: it's interesting, they know our system so well, that they know that our system allows them actually to work within it. for example, they want sharia law. the radical islamists -- they don't want freedom. because we are free, we allow competing ideas into our country. even ideas that destroy it. >> jesse: it's a catch-22. that's why a lot of these people can come here and fly under the radar.
9:33 pm
and plot and plan. we don't survey mosques. we allow freedom of expression and religion. you hit the nail on the head. privacy is worthless if you are in a coffin. it's funny how the conversation has changed. since the beginning of the bush administration. when it was unveiled -- it was huge news and civil libertarians were furious and there were protests on the streets and president bush was a tyrant, shredding the constitution andes then, obama expanded the program. trump is now reauthorizing the program. trump might have been the victim of some of the abuses of the program. i think right now when the threat changes, up to change the tools in your toolbox. and that's what we're doing. that's just smart. >> greg: dana, even in the hearing, there was one point when they said the programs they were talking about saved countless lives internationally.
9:34 pm
oh, you don't have to worry about america -- there haven't been people coming from this country or that country since 1975. these programs have actually extended people's lives, saved lives internationally. >> dana: because the monitoring is happening between calls from the united states or vice versa. we are able to share with our ad have a good relationship -- to disrupt plots. that's something you don't want them to say in open sessions. because we don't want them to know how we do it. that is why what ed snowden did was so damaging. as jesse was saying, the terrorists threats, they evolve with the technology, so we have to, as well. it doesn't mean we have to give up our civil liberties but president trump is actually calling for the re-authorization of the 702 program. it would be good to have the debate and make all of these members of congress vote on it before the august recess. >> greg: what do you think i'm
9:35 pm
a one?re of the 702 collection valuable? >> juan: why can't we talk about climate change and have a big blow up on this show? i know how to have a blow up on this show. what we should tell the audience is min fact, the reality is, the biggest threat toea from republicans, allies saint mike flynn was unmasked under the the fisa act of 702. they had been told by the intelligence community "gee, we keep a strict record of who we talk to, who requests unmasking. normally, the names of americans are redacted in these transactions. we are just monitoring conversations." >> jesse: that's unfortunate for democrats that there's a paper trail. t that could blow up in susan rice's face. >> juan: no, i think they are glad there is.
9:36 pm
this is nothing unusual and nothing improper was done. but i would say to you, this is the threat. that somehow, they have politicized this issue and not in the way that you described, greg.ss but they politicize it to be somehow an attack on president trump. and that's never been has ever about. >> greg: i will resist the blowup that you so badly want to -- >> juan: i think you should feel a little chillier. >> greg: i feel very cold. a trash trump tour abroad, and james clapper. next. ♪ ♪ it's not just a car, it's your daily treat. ♪ go ahead, spoil yourself. the es and es hybrid. experience amazing.
9:37 pm
9:38 pm
9:39 pm
will you be ready when the moment turns romantic? cialis for daily use treats ed and the urinary symptoms of bph. tell your doctor about your medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex. do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, or adempas® for pulmonary hypertension, as this may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess.
9:40 pm
to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have a sudden decrease or loss of hearing or vision, or an allergic reaction, stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis. when this guy got a flat tire and get medical help right away. in the middle of the night. hold on dad... liberty did what? yeah, liberty mutual 24-hour roadside assistance helped him to fix his flat so he could get home safely. my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. don't worry - i know what a lug wrench is, dad. is this a lug wrench? maybe? you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪ >> kimberly: ♪te >> kimberly: after president trump won the white house, president obama
9:41 pm
said he would do everything heou could to help him succeed. h sadly, he has not honored that pledge. he was trashing his successor abroad and the former vice president and james clapper piled on from overseas. >> in paris, we came around to an agreement to fight climate change. an agreement that even with the temporary absence of american leadership will still give our children a fighting chance. >> we have had moments of turning inward in the past. we have always overcome it, just as we will overcome this. >> i think if you compare the two, that watergate pales in my view. compared to what we are confronting now. >> kimberly: tough. >> dana: especially on that last one, with clapper. one of the things you can find -- if you find yourself in a situation,
9:42 pm
you can say in front of an international audience, something that is true. two investigations that are underway, special counsel, bob mueller and the intel committee. i will refrain to comment and i know it's hard when you get asked questions like that but i think there's a way to try to avoid it. i'm thinking back to 2009. when president obama's team worked to try to dismantle the legacy and programs from president george w. bush on the global war on terror. in particular, gitmo. saying some pretty harsh things about it. president bush was very quiet. but vice president dick cheney was not. he was extremely effective. the dual speech he had against president obama? he's going to want to defend his legacy. even if it's veiled, it stillhe hurts. on foreign soil, it's still hard to take. >> kimberly: greg, proper or improper? and was it expected? >> greg: has there ever been any topic that has warranted and
9:43 pm
caused more conversation in our modern lifetimes than donald trump? not even the weather. people talk about trump as though it is a separate weather event. wherever you go, people are going -- so, how's the trump over there? we had a lot of trump last night. we had to dig it out and shovel the trump out of our driveway. it keeps piling up. i wasn't upset with that stuff because it's just what people talk about. there's a lot of things that president obama said that got under my skin, when he said about the paris accords, we need to give our parents a fighting chance, that the left always uses. somehow, if you come out against something, kids are going to di die. but if you look at the paris p accord, that would be more harmful to children because it's diverting trillions and trillions of dollars away from clean water, cleaner air -- all sorts of causes that could use
9:44 pm
that money. it will have almost negligible effects on the climate so if you vote against the paris accord, you are trying to give children a fighting chance. and if you are for the paris accord, you want children to die. how do you feel? that feels really bad, doesn't it? >> kimberly: just say it. >> juan: i think greg gutfeld is going to burst. >> greg: i'm using your toolbox. >> juan: you want to pretend -- let's move on. facts do exist. >> greg: i will give you 20 seconds to give me a fact. >> juan: the last 5 of the 6 years have been the hottest in history. >> greg: margin of error! >> juan: what happens when jim clapper says oh, you know what? the president says the
9:45 pm
community are nazis. that's pretty strong language coming from the president. >> greg: he started that trend. >> juan: he's the president, greg. >> jesse: jim clapper also said there was no evidence of any collusion between trump and the russians and now he says it's watergate. so, get your story straight. >> juan: when you were going against american institutions -- >> jesse: it doesn't have anything to do about the testimony he gave about collusion. i think president obamase obviously a little upset because his library is going to be empty. in chicago. after president trump has proved to dismantle his legacy. no obamacare, no paris, the only thing left is the iran deal. no one wants to visit that wing. he also said the future belongs to strong men, but i think he means a straw man. that is the only thing he talks about. and then you have biden out there saying we need to be more engaged. he was the one that pulled
9:46 pm
out of iraq and let syria unravel and didn't protect our allies. >> dana: are you worried about biden running, jesse? that's an effective argument. i'm impressed. >> kimberly: he practiced that all night. straight ahead, full-blown trump derangement syndrome and not just on the set. but from some democrats today. details after this quick break. ♪
9:47 pm
be the you who doesn't cover your moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. be the you who shows up in that dress. who hugs a friend. who is done with treatments that don't give you clearer skin. be the you who controls your psoriasis with stelara® just 4 doses a year after 2 starter doses. stelara® may lower your ability to fight infections and may increase your risk of infections and cancer. some serious infections require hospitalization. before treatment, get tested for tuberculosis. before starting stelara® tell your doctor if you think you have an infection or have symptoms such as: fever, sweats, chills, muscle aches or cough. always tell your doctor if you have any signs of infection, have had cancer, if you develop any new skin growths or if anyone in your house needs or has recently received a vaccine. alert your doctor of new or worsening problems, including headaches, seizures, confusion and vision problems these may be signs of a rare, potentially fatal brain condition. some serious allergic reactions can occur. do not take stelara® if you are allergic to stelara® or any of its ingredients. most people using stelara® saw 75% clearer skin and the majority were rated as cleared or minimal at 12 weeks. be the you who talks to your dermatologist about stelara®.
9:48 pm
the future isn't silver suits anit's right now.s, think about it. we can push buttons and make cars appear out of thin air. find love anywhere. he's cute. and buy things from, well, everywhere. how? because our phones have evolved. so isn't it time our networks did too?
9:49 pm
introducing america's largest, most reliable 4g lte combined with the most wifi hotspots. it's a new kind of network. xfinity mobile.
9:50 pm
♪ >> juan: whether it's climate change, sanctuary cities or the travel ban --- democrats have been vehemently opposing president trump at nearly every turn, but that hasn't been enough for democratic congressman al green of texas. he wants to take things to the next level. >> i have engaged in the process of drafting articles of impeachment. my articles of impeachment are being reviewed. at some point, if no one else does, i will file articles of impeachment to impeach president donald j. trump. for obstruction of justice.
9:51 pm
>> juan: you have green joined behind there by sherman from j california. the argument is that by trying to get comey to lay off of mike flynn, there's a basis for a charge of obstruction of justice. >> kimberly: that's laughable. he can take as articles of impeachment and help me with my wee-wee pad for my dog and line it everywhere. they have over promised and under delivered. there will not be in impeachment of president trump. there's no evidence that shows any collusion, obstruction of justice, anything of the sort. it's a big problem. now, what are the democrats going to do? what are they going to say to the constituents after they've been huffing and puffing. having the russia vapors. >> greg: wee-wee pad? >> kimberly: it keeps the
9:52 pm
house tidy. >> juan: kimberly's point is well taken by a number of democratic leaders. adam schiff, linda sanchez, one of the leader says, it is too early. not enough facts. >> jesse: you guys have been saying that for quite some time. i think you guys keep saying that. push impeachment, behead people. >> juan: they are saying green is wrong. >> jesse: oh, they are saying green is wrong? green is like the guy -- he is the guy at the bar at 2:00 a.m., and he is trying to buy everybody shots, but all his friends aren't he2: is that guy. not even nancy pelosi -- get with the program. >> juan: right now, the polls have americans wanting him impeached. 63% of professors want impeachment. >> dana: you will have to do better for me on the professor
9:53 pm
thingav. they will have to deal with headlines like this everyday.er they will miss opportunities to comment on the health care billl that -- there will be a vote before the august recess in the senate. that will go to president trumpp for his signature. they will not be able to focus on that if they are so consumed with impeachment. >> juan: how would you impeach him, greg? i imagine you have thought about this. >> greg: it's like how you would spend your money when you win the lotto. it's never going to happen. donald trump is a spork. republicans see him as a spoon and democrats see him as a fork. >> juan: but if it's like lotto, you got to play to win. >> kimberly: someone won the lotto today, someone who didn't need the money. president trump. >> juan: you guys play privately. "one more thing" come up next. hotel where you can redeem loyalty points for a free night-instantly and win at business.
9:54 pm
♪ he came to the world justin the usual way ♪ ♪ but there were planes to catch and bills to pay ♪ ♪ so i moved my meeting saw him walk that day ♪ ♪ he was talking 'fore i knew it, and as he grew ♪ ♪ he'd say i'm gonna be like you, dad ♪ ♪ you know i'm gonna be like you ♪ ♪ and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon ♪ ♪ little boy blue and the man in the moon... ♪
9:55 pm
for 10 years my tempur-pedic has adapted to my weight and shape. so i sleep deeply and wake up ready to perform. now through june 11th, save $600 when you buy select tempur-pedic adjustable mattress sets. find your exclusive retailer at tempurpedic.com.
9:56 pm
"america" by simon and is that good?strumental) yeah it's perfect. bees! bees!
9:57 pm
go! go! go! [ girl catching her breath } [ bees buzzing inside vehicle ] the all-new volkswagen atlas. with easy-access 3rd row. life's as big as you make it. >> jesse: time now for "one more thing." kimberly. >> kimberly: we want to wish a very happy birthday to the vice president of the united states, mike pence. 58 years young. and he looks fabulous. [laughter] >> greg: i hate it when people say 58 years young. i banned that phrase. >> kimberly: they decorated with balloons and he's with his buddies and sent a nice tweet out. he addressed nasa's newest class. very happy to see him. he's a very, very nice man.
9:58 pm
>> jesse: he is the president soon, if al green gets his way. dana. >> dana: i understand the subway. they don't let dogs on this. if you have a service dog, it's okay or if your dog can fit in a bag. i love new yorkers because they figured out a way to put all these big dogs in big bags. i got a little help from our fans. we are going to try it tomorrow. >> kimberly: that is hilarious.ri >> dana: i'm working on it. >> greg: greg's amazing plugs. and no, they are not on my head. i have an article up on foxnews.com. my thoughts on terror, once again. also, my podcast is up. foxnewspodcast.com. it's an interview with susie breitbart. so we talk at length about her husband and what she has been up to. i think it's the first time she's ever spoken in an
9:59 pm
interview since his death. >> juan: check this out. in los angeles, a female peacock walks into a liquor store. sounds like a shameless, corny joke. no, this actually happened. the bird walks in. a store manager says he wasn't aware until the customer says, what about that big bird over there? the bird caused hundreds of dollars of damage in under 30 minutes. >> greg: certainly no thunderbird. >> jesse: this is a resort in ocho rios, jamaica. this is one of the lifeguards sliding out of the water slide, apparently. this is not a fake video. he has been practicing this for two years. >> greg: it is fake. >> jesse: this is tearing up the internet right now. he crosses his legs and sits upright. and that's how he gets onto the
10:00 pm
water. >> greg: you are not listening. >> jesse: i choose to believe! >> kimberly: did they investigate this? >> jesse: i want to believe this is true. all right. thanks for watching, "hannity" is up next. >> sean: welcome to "hannity." fox news alert. tonight former director james comey releases his opening remarks ahead of tomorrow's congressional testimony. it raises serious legal concerns for himself and not thehe president. l plus the president's lawyer says that the commander in chief feels vindicated tonight by comey's testimony. and he is ready to move forward. we will have full legal analysis of the prepared statement and also, the left mainstream media -- they are outright lying to you about this. at a level never before seen in our country's history. their goal is to destroy the president by any means necessary. they are nothing more than

54 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on