Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  July 15, 2017 12:00am-1:00am PDT

12:00 am
have a fantastic weekend. friends at "the five" are ready to go live from new york.see yo. >> ♪ >> i am with lisa and meggan mccain. this is "the five." president trump back in the usa after celebrating in france. controversy continues to brew over his son's meeting with a russian lawyer last year. new details on that meeting. there could have been at least 8 people in the room. 3 possible new players. a russian-american lobbyist. a friend of a russian-american
12:01 am
pop star and an interpreter. the media is too focussed on all things russia than on what is important. >> we are not telling the people what good is happening because of the russian obsession. this doesn't get covered at all. it's easier to sit around and scream russia with no basis than to learn the finer points on the new health care bill and dig in and understand the fairness and the middle tax class relief in the tax reform play. >> wholet the russian lawyer into the country in the first place. russian concussion. that was the band you were? >> yes, then we broke up. a lot of drugs involved. they call this the drip, drip, drip story. it's like a methadone dose for
12:02 am
the media. just as the story is about to wear off, the end of the week, you get another one. oh my god, there is another person. he has a big question mark. >> they need their fix. >> yes, it does expose the preferences of the media. they lose their minds over a dual citizen russian guy at a meeting but never bother to ask why a woman with no visa was allowed in. there are certain parts they find intriguing. other parts they say no, i don't think that's good. this will be going on for a long time. it will be like the weather. every day we get up and we have russian news. >> you said trump is the weather. >> [laughing] yes. >> 8 people in this meeting! >> yes. the translator had a contract with the state didn't. now this crosses partisan lines. it's messy. there are a lot more questions
12:03 am
that need to be asked about the people in the room and why they have so many connections. this is getting very messy. i said yesterday i think that the white house could do a better job of managing this crisis right now. i would rather be talking about health care and jobs and everything americans are interested in. there are left over questions that democrats need to answer. why was this woman in the country to begin with? >> that's a good point. health care is rolling down the aisle and everybody wants to talk to russia. russia doesn't affect anybody. >> it affects donald trump's administration. >> but not people's health care. >> no, they are having a debate on capital one. mitch mcconnell is hoping to have the vote. it doesn't look like he has the vote. we can discuss that. nobody is stopping us. that was an incredible spin from
12:04 am
kellyanne conway. that was epic. like greg gutfeld wearing the cnn head. >> and you are wearing the same suits. >> we got the memo. my point to you is -- >> i have to change. >> [laughing] >> my point to you this is a witch hunt and a media frenzy. this is a nothing burger. maybe some collusion? >> that's not illegal. what happened here. most people would go to this meeting. nothing came of the meeting. wait a second! it turns out this russian woman brought with her documents charging the dnc with illegal fund-raising. but it was just 2 pages. these guys don't have a way to keep a story straight. >> who let this russian lawyer
12:05 am
into the country? >> that's another one. >> and the chairman of the judiciary committee is looking into that. he wrote letters about that. you know who wins with all of this? vladimir putin. off into the sun set chugging vodka as american descends into chaos. i imagine you do the same thing. you know who loses? the american people who voted for change and the administration is hamstrung by this. does anyone see the irony in the fact that donald trump, jr. was seeking this meeting to find opposition research of hillary clinton. the russians hacked the dnc emails to damage hillary clinton, but she did a good enough job on her own. the information that good morning her the most was self-inflicted wounds. seth up the private e-mail
12:06 am
server and deleting tens of thousands of emails. everything that damaged her candidate was self-inflicted. >> that's right. it boomerangs back on the democrats. the comey memos and this is boomeranged. who let this person into the country? >> this is why. the boomerang will result in a full accounting under oath of all of podesta's meetings as well. held with operatives. they promised dirt on trump including this fake dossier from a britt. these are all important questions. i go back to the simple fact. anybody would take this meeting if they promise you dirt. podesta and his cut-out firms, i would not be surprised -- other thing that kills me. there was this suspicion if hillary clinton won the deplorables would not accept it.
12:07 am
who is not accepting the election? it's the hillary people. >> everything they said would happen actually happened with them. now it's the democrats trying to delegitimize president trump. they can't accept the fact he beat hillary clinton. >> there is an extreme democratic overreach today. one person said anyone with any connection to russia is also talking to putin. you are taking this extreme throwing around treason, which is a very, very serious accusation. you are reaching so far. democrats get hysterical. they are like with a dog with a bone. they have a tiny narrative that fits into their conspiracy theory. >> second thoughts? >> i must be colonel clink.
12:08 am
i know nothing. was that a sergeant? >> yes, that was a sergeant. >> any way, i am listening. i want to answer dr. gutfeld's question. >> i did practice in 3 states. >> which ones so we can avoid them. >> state of confusion? >> yes. we are in a state of distract, divert and distance. >> enough about the democrats. >> no, no, no. why is this woman allowed in the country. this is part of the argument which is blame obama and lynch. blame obama. >> if you say that the russians interfered in the election and tilted it to donald trump, you led the trojan horse into the country to allow this collusion to have your candidate lose?
12:09 am
>> excuse me. you have a losing hand. >> wait, wait, wait, we won. >> [overlapping talking]. >> you let the woman in. >> i didn't. >> i am telling you obama let the woman in. now it's our fault? >> yes. >> [overlapping talking]. >> you let the woman into the country. that made hillary lose. >> everybody talk at separate times, please. >> we have seen so much self-righteous indignation. i love the fact that robby, the campaign manager for hillary clinton. he worked for the soulless woman that would have sold her child to be president. >> oh. >> there is irony that these
12:10 am
people are the voices on what is ethical or not. >> any last words? >> i think juan would agree. you have been in journalism a long time. when the u.s.s.r.was a world power. if we listened to ted kennedy, they would still be here and we will be dealing with a geo-political threat. now he are dealing with a marginalized world power when is russia. 1/8th of the power it used to be. i am being conservative. now they are a threat. >> where were you guys in the '80s. >> [overlapping talking]. >> okay, okay. >> can i make my point?
12:11 am
>> the democrats were fighting against the russian and sputnik. >> those were the conservatives. >> oh, conservative democrats. >> it doesn't matter in which the modern times, you think of 1980 foreign policy. they called and need it back. it's the famous remark obama said to mitt romney: you know what that is? >> i do. >> the reason putin and russia has any strength is because democrats ignored his expassion into the balic space. >> [overlapping talking]. >> i think at the moment you guys are running away from the news of the day. >> we are doing it in the lead of the show. >> no, no, what you are doing is saying it doesn't matter . >> am not saying -- >> charles the chairman of the
12:12 am
senate judiciary submit said the man identified in the meeting today was a self-acknowledged russian spy. >> and also an american citizen. >> a spy. >> you assume everybody is a spy. >> when you had the box on your head. >> [laughing] >> don't body slam him, juan. msnbc's reid is making wild accusations about the republican party. that's next.
12:13 am
12:14 am
12:15 am
12:16 am
>> it seems like nothing is off the table for msnbc host joy reid when it comes to slamming the republican party. she caused an uproar going after congressm congressman steve. scali scalise. now latching out again.
12:17 am
>> donald trump doesn't invent the republican party. the republican party is built on resentment and a persecution complex for almost 50 years going back to the dawn of the civil rights movements. >> megan godley, you know the gop. do you think this is a rationalal argument. we don't like hollywood? we can't stand the college elite and people in the mainstream media are biassed against us. is that a legitimate argument? >> no, joy reid knows nothing about gop politics. i would like to know the last time she talked to a republican voter. >> ouch. >> the entire fuel for the democratic party is victimhood. across the country, they are removing presidents andrew jackson and jefferson because
12:18 am
they think they are racist and they don't want them in their dinners anymore. >> i didn't understand. >> they are removing them from the platform. >> oh, the annual dinners. >> and democratic women paraded around sleeveless, the dress code in congress was removed today. the idea she knows anything about republican politics is hilarious. >> what would you say? >> how gross and distasteful were her comments about steve scalise. jennifer blamed sexism and racism the reason that donald trump won.
12:19 am
this is the card they continuously play. it's the victim card. that's the only card they are playing. >> just for a second. imagine she had some basis for saying -- >> but he doesn't. is this fair? >> no, how do they do that? >> hollywood is against us say the republicans. the academics and colleges are against us. >> the west is in love of being victims. the idea that republicans are doing that is wildly inaccurate. she may not like where president trump won because he talked to voters in the middle of the country and talked about jobs and not about trans-right. it's none of her concern.
12:20 am
she needs to be concerned about talking to the voters they lost. when you are in this bubble of msnbc judging conservatives in the middle of the country, you sure as hell won't win them back over. >> part of her argument is donald trump is enabled by people like the speaker of the house and others. they won't say a word against him and donald trump is so powerful. he made the gop accept anything. nothing he does is objectable to any republican. >> i think the republican party feels unfairly persecuted by hollywood and the media and the democratic party and the irs. >> keep going. >> i could keep going all day. that's justifiable. i happen to agree with my colleagues here that the democratic party is the party of victimhood. the democratic party has been
12:21 am
fertilized by victimization for many, many years. if you think about it the identity of politics, it's all about victims. blackshear the victims of white oppression. guys are the victims of christians. muslims are the victim was our government. big banks, big oil. big farm prey on victims. socially, liberals set up a dynamic where they have to save these victims. the poor are the victims of the rich. criminals are the victims of the split. it's predator versus prey and you need big government to come in and save these people and make them dependent. they need them for votes. >> exactly. >> the last person i go to on
12:22 am
the personal this friday night is mr. i hate these people. greg gutfeld. >> i love these people. >> [laughing]. >> i am troubled -- everybody named joy is always bitter and angry. i only know 2 people named joy. they are just angry people. conservative are republicans. they didn't create fake spaces on campus. they didn't create speech codes. these come from the regressive left. right now identity politics is falling apart. it's being exposed with evergreen college. she is projecting her own sins as a defense. she might feel that her belief system is crumbling. right now in canada, they passed a law you can go to prison if you use the wrong pronoun. this is the first time.
12:23 am
you can go to jail if you don't use the right word. they are mandating lng. -- language. this is scary stuff. this is the victimhood idealogy. she fells threatened. >> don't you think it's true, when you scream i hate these people, republicans say thank god, because i hate these people too? in is a republican perspective you hear on talk radio all the time. i can't believe these academic professors. they are so left wing. >> i have never done i hate these people on black lives matter. do i that about people texting crossing the treat. i hate these people is based on specific behaviors i find annoying.
12:24 am
>> universally annoying despite the color of your skin. >> i hate transcends any identity or bigment. i hate everybody equally. >> the democratic party is seeing black-and-white and whatever your sex is. hillary clinton ran a campaign on there is a special place in hell for women that don't vote for her. spare me, joy reid. go be joyful and change your attitude. >> all right. is a top democrat changing her decision on the impeachment calls from her own party. we will hear from nancy pelosi next.
12:25 am
12:26 am
12:27 am
12:28 am
>> one congressman took action.
12:29 am
brad sherman filed the first article of impeachment. house minority leader nancy pelosi cautioned her party against impeachment talk but now seems open to the idea. >> there is evidence. clear evidence that we need to know more. we should not close that path. i have always been reluctant. i think impeachment is something that impacts the country. when the facts are clear, the law is certainly clear. when the facts are clear, then this congress will make a decision. >> and jackson is trying invalidate the election. >> we worked last year. we won the election! it was stolen. >> okay. lisa, democrats talk about
12:30 am
impeachment when trump got elected. i am not looking forward to. it i think it's a losing message for democrats. if you see anything from the special elections it doesn't resonate with voters. >> they always have been fund-raising. in the georgia special election john did not mention president trump once. there was a reason for that. look, they have been trying to undermine the president from day 1. they blamed everything under the sun for why hillary clinton lost. racism and sexism. they tried to hijack this russian investigation to undermine the president and hurt him. they can't come to terms with the fact that president trump nearly 700 counties that went to president obama. one-third flipped for trump. you win 194.
12:31 am
270 counties that went for obama in 2012. this is serious stuff. president trump resonated with voters in a way that hillary clinton could not do. if you are a democrat like yourself, nancy pelosi still has her iron grip on the iron throne on power and not letting tim ryan who could resonate with the middle of the country and win over trum voters because it's all about her. doesn't that frustrate you? >> no. tim ryan is a congressman from ohio who challenged pelosi for her minority leadership of the house. he lost. i think he lost because pelosi has a record as a great fundraiser. going back to the passage of things like the affordable care act, pelosi was a leader among democrats. you can say iron grip.
12:32 am
i appreciate that. >> money doesn't matter? >> i don't think it matters when you have the right message. the most expensive congressional election. >> my point this friday night. everybody has been talking -- >> who? >> you. >> here, 73% of democrats would give up alcohol for the rest of their lives if donald trump were impeached tomorrow. >> that's crazy. >> i drank with plenty of them. they can't hold their alcohol. >> [laughing] >> what do you think about the impeachment talk? >> it says a lot about how compulsive they are about this idea. they are still living in the pass. they feel right now they don't have a future. but it's not a vision. it's a tantrum. i don't want to help them, but i will help them.
12:33 am
instead of spurning, they should be learning from donald trump. what were the 3 things that he nailed the democrats for? being anti-law and order and anti-security. the liberals are soft on that stuff. embracing identity politics. he said no. be americans and forget about divisiveness. he embraced freedom of speech saying whatever heat waved. the albatross about the democrats neck is what is going on, on campuses. >> not elizabeth warren. >> that was right on. i don't think the democrats can accept the rule of the people so they are trying to overturn the
12:34 am
rule of the people. the election was hacked and stolen. they didn't get the popular vote. john lewis said trump was not a legitimate president. the black caucus. they boycotted the inauguration. now trying to use the 25th amendment to remove him from office because he is mentally unfit. accused him of treason and now shoring him with leaks. if the democrats got the house or the senate they could have fought president trump in the system. now they have nothing. they have to rely on these things. if they get rid of trump, they have pence. will they like pence? i don't think so. >> you don't think trump has said anything to hurt himself? >> i won't argue with that. but he's done a lot to help
12:35 am
himself. >> ahead musician kid rock is running for senate and warren is flipping out. whoooo. i enjoy the fresher things in life. fresh towels. fresh soaps. and of course, tripadvisor's freshest, lowest prices. so if you're anything like me... ...you'll want to check tripadvisor. we now instantly compare prices from over 200 booking sites... ...to find you the lowest price... ...on the hotel you want. go on, try something fresh. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices.
12:36 am
12:37 am
12:38 am
12:39 am
>> ♪ >> ♪ ♪ not thinking about tomorrow ♪ sweet home alabama all summer long ♪ >> is kid rock kidding or considering launching a senate bid? he announced it on twitter. the michigan native said it's not a hockey. some are questioning as it coinicides with the release of 2
12:40 am
new music videos. elizabeth warren warned supporters maybe this is all a joke. but we thought donald trump was a joke when he announced his campaign too. greg, this is a joke? >> i have no idea. elizabeth warren is right. i never said that before in my life. i would call this the trump effect. when people think if he can do it, so can i. we need more every man types. it's good for people who have a past. >> [laughing]. >> a lot of people don't run because they go oh, man! >> [laughing]. >> i have known him for a while. back in my days of the magazine. his real name is bob. i hope he does. he is an every man interesting guy and a start dude. >> he hasn't filled out any
12:41 am
paperwork. he has 15 days to file. >> guns and strippers sounds like an all-american platform to me. >> are you envisioning the bumper sticker? >> i was dumb struck. >> he endorsed mitt romney and was on the campaign trail with him. came out hard. i think he was a big trump supporter. we need more real americans in the senate. if he wants to get in there, god love him. >> he said he wants to be the voice for hard working americans. >> if donald trump can be president, kid rock can be a senator fcht. if he wasn't a threat elizabeth warren would not try to raise money off of him. if he can keep his act together and maintain a seriousness on
12:42 am
policy. if he wins off name recognition and money and excitement and free media. against the democrats, he peels off black. he peels off young voters. he peels off blue collar democrats. there is a big threat that the democrats are under-smythe here. -- under-estimating. >> he needs to get a rob cracker to run with him. >> come on. >> [laughing] >> he would have high name recognition. will this keep you up tonight, juan? >> no. >> [laughing] >> [overlapping talking] >> i have always thought he was someone who was engaged with detroit and gave money back to
12:43 am
detroit. he is extremely rich. he said black people taught him about the blues and rock 'n roll. he is an interesting guy. is this just hype for his latest release? >> sound excited? >> no, i am not excited. guess what? not only donald trump but on the left franken and people like schwarzenegger. anybody who is a celebrity is trusted to run the country? crazy! >> it has to get better than who we have running it right now. >> wait a minute! >> talking about mitch mcconnell. i thought you were talking about trump for a second? >> no, mitch mcconnell. franken is more of a joke than kid rock any day. there was a series of
12:44 am
announcements tonight. >> yes. >> all right, all right. facebook friday is next. who are these people?
12:45 am
the energy conscious people among us say small actions can add up to something... humongous.
12:46 am
a little thing here. a little thing there. starts to feel like a badge maybe millions can wear. who are all these caretakers, advocates too? turns out, it's californians it's me and it's you. don't stop now, it's easy to add to the routine. join energy upgrade california and do your thing.
12:47 am
12:48 am
>> that's dream machine. they are on my show tomorrow night. it will be great. check it out. facebook friday. this is michael, what was the first movie that made a giant impression on you as a kid? >> oh, god. >> don't say "giant." >> i have no idea. something scary. >> one of the best movies ever made. >> it's about searching for a lost treasure. they have every celebrity on the planet. >> i cried. my friends had to bring me out of the theater. when he take his mask off and it's his dad. >> don't say that. >> i ruined it. >> [laughing].
12:49 am
>> this is embarrassing. i was obsessed with disney growing up. i wanted to be a princess. for halloween i was always a princess. >> juan? >> you know, this will tell you how old i am. there was the magnificent seven. >> that's a great movie. >> a great movie. >> i know that movie too. >> soylent-green got me entered in nutrition. it's one of the greatest movies. >> i will stop there. >> this is great. i will start with you. if you could designate a new national holiday. >> monday after the super bowl!
12:50 am
everybody knows that. >> come on. >> lisa? >> a national going to the beach day. but then the beaches would be crowded. i would shutdown the beaches and go with my family. >> no, you are a nice person. >> a national holiday? >> a day when everyone can drink beer all day like budweiser. just enjoy being americans. like a real day. >> that's the fourth of july. >> no the monday after the fourth of july. >> celebrate july 4th more than one week. >> i celebrate it every day. >> an american-fest. >> i don't know anything specific? >> the other day a friend of mine down this texas told me
12:51 am
they were having a holiday. i thought louisiana had the most holidays. he said no, texas. >> i would have national work day. you show up and you work. >> what? >> [laughing] >> matthew: this is a good one. if you could choose anyone to be the voice of your gps, who would it be and why? >> oh, man. i said this before on the show. there is an australian chick and i love her voice. >> the travel commercial? >> i don't know. i don't listen to the commercial. i listen to her voice. >> we are owned by an aust rainial. >> i guess it would be. i would like the calming voice.
12:52 am
the woman who now tells me where to go. it feels like she is telling me where to go. >> [laughing]. >> nicely done. >> it doesn't matter. when i listen to the gps, i will drive on the missed of the train tracks and just sit there. i am terrible. >> [laughing] >> should anyone be concerned about jessie? >> making sure. >> a sexy man. >> i agree with you. >> lou dabs. he has a shooting voice. greg, take a left at the next light. >> james earl jones. >> take a right. >> a sexy man voice. >> take a right on 6th avenue.
12:53 am
>> who is the voice of fox news? i don't know. it's a famous guy. he will be really mad. one more thing next. what am i doing? ♪ if you could book a flight, then add a hotel, or car, or activity in one place and save, where would you go? ♪ expedia.
12:54 am
12:55 am
12:56 am
>> time for one more thing. greg gutfeld? >> tomorrow night, marc stein is on.
12:57 am
shannon bream. dream machine showing up at the great story about what happened to them. i'm also going to be appearing at something called freedom fest, in the paris resort in las vegas. i'm going to be there with john stossel. it's a large libertarian event. go to freedomfest.com. i'll be speaking july 19th. keynote speaker is william shatner. >> key that he's free in las vegas. >> recording star beyonce posted a picture of her 1-month-old baby twins on instagram. man, the internet went crazy, within hours of posting. already got millions and millions of likes. beyonce gave birth to the babies early in june. early friday morning introduced to the world. she's married to rapper and entertainment mogul jay-z. is that supposed to be a madonna-like pose?
12:58 am
>> i couldn't figure it out. >> i don't go on instagram. >> congratulations. >> happy bastille day, everybody, president trump in paris commemorating the 100th anniversary of america's entry into world war i. i went to the jersey shore to ask about french american mystery. what do you do well that's french? >> pump the brakes. >> what is your favorite french food? >> french fries, of course. >> cool buzz, and i'm fine. >> all right. so you see the whole thing, "watters world" saturday night. meghan mccain? >> the head of isis in afghanistan was killed in a drone strike, u.s. officials say, earlier this week, killed
12:59 am
the leader. the other islamic state members were killed in the july 11th operation, and it will significantly disrupt the terror group's plans to expand its presence in afghanistan. if that's not good news, i don't know what it is. >> you're so insensitive. >> they can go right to hell. >> bravo. >> i also have good news as well. the parents of charlie gard, the 11-month-old boy, suffering from a rare genetic disorder, got good news. the high court judge said he was open-minded about the evidence to come after the upcoming visit of a doctor from columbia university. he's supposed to head to the u.k. next week to examine charlie gard. we hope there's some kind of cure here. >> god bless that kid. >> that's a good one. >> hope everyone has a nice
1:00 am
weekend. gutfeld? >> i'll be a living meme. i'll be walking the streets of new york. feel free to punch me. >> don't do tha yes! breath: 's vehicle more revelatn the russian scandal. keep that issue front and center, the white house is on deadline now. to certify the obama era iran deal a second time in the row. this is "special report" ." >> bret: good evening, welcome to washington. i am bret baier. immigration programs, and iran nuclear deal, and a regulation nation under attack. all of that in just a moment. first, president trump is back in the u.s. right now after a quick and what the white house describes as a very successful trip to france. yet, he and his white h

63 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on