Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  August 3, 2017 12:00am-1:00am PDT

12:00 am
>> greg: high, i am greg gutfeld with kimberly guilfoyle, juan williams, chris starr wilde, dana perino, "the five" " if i were a professor, i would teach a course called socialism 101, where every student must spend a moment on venezuela. their eyes glued to the grim results of policies endorsed by the bernie sanders of the world. the class actually is happening right now, but is anyone watching. not if "game of thrones" is on, or if president trump tweets. those take priority. it's too bad. for the past decade, we have
12:01 am
watched an oil rich country descended to chaos, where toilet paper is worth more than actual currency and their currency not worth a. it is socialism 101. a government that controls production and distribution produces scarcity followed by a sham elections, rest, dictatorship, writes in the street. it never starts that way, way. it begins with a left wing populace and its fan base. self absorbed elites portraying a holy hell as a heaven and waiting. where are they now, these venezuelan fan boys. sean penn, jeremy corbin, oliver stone, michael moore, doing a plate on the road, danny glover, or the writers who once labeled venezuela a miracle. why aren't they saying anything? when you see the starving kids in the dying babies, infant mortality, death up 66%, it is hard to show your face.
12:02 am
they played a role in it, the technical term, useful idiot. as people die in the celebrities utopia of the month, the stars inevitably move on, off to find another radical to romance. this doesn't happen in free market. maybe if we killed more people, the stars would love us. kimberly, them amazing gift of socialism, it can take the richest thing and destroy it. venezuela, i believe, was the fourth richest country, and i look at it. >> kimberly: this is the problem. you see it eats itself from the inside out. total and utter collapse. the fruition of these policies result in a complete dictatorship, and venezuela, maduro was able to encompass that. when you think about the incredible oil reserves and economic advantages that this country has, yet so many people are suffering and persecuted, wrongly imprisoned, starving, without basic supplies, milk for
12:03 am
children, or basic necessities to get through the day. toilet paper and whatnot. it is shocking when you see it. such a perfect, textbook, case example of these failed policies and what they can do to a once productive and thriving country, yet, you see people hunger and thirst, and celebrate this kind of socialism, yet it always leads to the same conclusion. >> greg: why do people on your side always romance radicalism when they know that and every example, it ends poorly. >> juan: , i don't think and every example ends poorly. i read today that the average venezuelan has lost 14 pounds. because there is no food. but here's the thing, here's where i think i have a different view than yours, you go back to venezuela, and what hugo chavez, the forerunner for nicholas
12:04 am
maduro, there were such tremendous poverty surrounding places like caracas, which was thriving based on oil money paid what captured the attention of the left in hollywood, here is this little guy struggling against this big american corporation, and they are trying to impose their will on this latin country, and all of a sudden, you get people doing things. chavez initially helped to reduce the illiteracy rate, improving employment rate, that is when it was working. but then you see big government start to evolve and the corruption and the excess, and the thievery, especially at state owned enterprises, when the state took over a lot of these oil-based enterprises. that is where it went wrong. i am a pure capitalist. i live here in the united states. i'm a happy camper, but i understand, and this is what i wanted to say to you, there is a loop here. i think a lot of the people who
12:05 am
were angry about wealth and equality are also people in the trunk base. they say they don't like wall street too big to fail, i don't like those elites on the coast. i am angry and i want someone to represent me. there is a lot of that's in that sentiment. >> greg: i don't know. i think the people who are pro-trump are pro-business. i don't think you're going to see that happen. chris, chavez, castro, ortega. the world excuses this behavior because they romance the idea of radicalism. that is how i see it. i agree me. >> chris: i will try to care what sean penn thinks. i will labor in the joke. i will dig deep to try and care what sean penn thinks. even though, his performance in all the kings men was execrable, and for that he should be forced to live in caracas. there is a cautionary tale here
12:06 am
beyond what you just described. national anthem supplants good thinking. think about this. they were poorly governed initially because they were rich. they are poorly governed because same way that the saudis are poorly governed. they don't have too taxing spirit in the united states, we hate paying taxes, but that makes us pay attention to what the government is doing to us. if we say, don't worry, you'll have to pay taxes we are taking care of it, things rip off very quickly. >> greg: you've got a 15-year-old sitting there, and you want to explain to that 15-year-old how can free markets be amused to this how can free markets be immune to this kind of chaos. >> dana: it's very interesting, south america and particular gets very little attention.
12:07 am
if you become a a newspaper, unless there is a war, and we can be heading there, to a civil war. i had lunch with a teacher today. all of her students were all for bernie sanders. they were all in, they left him. she kept saying that, what you realizes what that leads to us like something and venezuela. what president trump did this week in terms of sanction is very strong. maduro is now 1 of 4 people who are personally sanctioned. you can sanction countries or companies, it is conjunction . the question i think, why would you lead with this? one is to teach the lesson of socialism, but also because the united states should care about what's happening there. that is south of our border, if you care about human rights,
12:08 am
two, if you think there is an immigration problem, wait until there is war in south america. the drug trade, it will allow us to proliferate. you also have human trafficking, and, not to scare people, but this is true, terrorists try to sneak g bodies to train in places that are unstable >> greg: i can believe it. let's go to mike pence. >> in recent days, we have seen the completion of venezuela's collapse in the dictatorship. not only did the regime's hold a sham national assembly election, but on monday night, the regime seized two prominent members of the opposition. they are being held illegally as we speak. >> greg: kimberly, this would not be a real five segment if we didn't put some of this blame on
12:09 am
president obama. >> kimberly: i was waiting for that. >> greg: the fact is he did nothing paired this has been going on for a while. what did he do, other than play golf with his rich elites? >> kimberly: he shook hands and essentially enabled them to proliferate to the eventual demise of venezuela. when you see socialism like this, it discourages individual contribution, to try and create. you say, i'm just going to sit here and enjoy my apathy. the government will provide for me, so there is no built-in incentive for the society to put itself forward and save itself and also to encourage its future survival. that is why you see it collapse in and you see these dictatorships, people wrongly imprisoned, and people being shot in the street. people being killed for $5 or even just to buy basic necessities. >> juan: the thing is now, now you have 40 countries that are
12:10 am
not recognizing this new assembly. the whole election was corrupt and even, the company was formed in venezuela, monitored and provided millions of votes just fraudulent. what you have now is an international coalition saying we don't like what's going on in venice willow. the question is, beyond saying saying -- if you go after the oil, our prices might go up. this is also at stake in terms of the russia thing. but again, matt is an important leverage point. oil. the question is does donald trump the president -- we are willing to pay this pric price. >> greg: what we are doing in america is very important right now. we try to become less less dept
12:11 am
on countries for their oil. >> kimberly: do how sad that is, they say, i don't want you to be upset dana, but people are eating their own pets. if that is how dire the situation is, maybe people care about that. maybe they will care about the pets. >> greg: i'm just hoping that the pets are chickens. >> chris: i don't think so. >> greg: this is the perfect way to teach somebody about economics. the difference between free markets and socialism is, the centralized economy. a decentralized economy, if something fails, there is something else that is a piece. in a centralized economy run by a government, if that fails, it is over. >> chris: you better hope you have a pet chicken. >> greg: i do have a pet chicken. >> kimberly: leave it there. >> greg: the terms of administration to place new efforts on legal immigration
12:12 am
isn't sitting well with the mainstream media. we will show you today's confrontation in the briefing room, next. is this a phone?
12:13 am
12:14 am
12:15 am
or a little internet machine? [ phone ringing ] hi mom. it makes you wonder... shouldn't we get our phones and internet from the same company? that's why xfinity mobile comes with your internet. you get up to 5 lines of talk and text at no extra cost. [ laughing ] so all you pay for is data. see how much you can save. choose by the gig or unlimited. call or go to xfinitymobile.com introducing xfinity mobile. a new kind of network designed to save you money.
12:16 am
>> dana: the trump administration has taken many steps to keep undocumented immigrants out of the u.s., but has also taken new steps toward legal immigration. merit or skill base. tensions flared at the white house this afternoon when a reporter took issue with the proposal favoring emigrants who speak english. >> this whole notion, they have to learn english before they get to united states, are we just going to bring people from great britain and australia? >> it's actually, i want to say, i am shocked at your statement that you think only people from great britain and australia would know english it is actually, reveals your cosmopolitan bias to a shocking degree, that in your mind -- this is an amazing moment. this is an amazing moment, that you think only people from great britain or australia which speak english, it is so insulting to millions of hard-working immigrants who do speak english from all over the world. jim, have you honestly never met
12:17 am
an immigrant from another country who speaks english outside of great britain and australia? is that your personal experienc experience? >> of course there are other people -- >> but that's what you said. it shows your cosmopolitan bias. >> dana: we have a new phrase, "cosmopolitan bias." >> i think i at times the white house has a fixation on the mexicans, muslims, and the media. their policies tend to be crafted around it -- and one of those three groups, and we see it time and again. >> dana: all right, chris chris. there are times when reporters become the story, and i think, it's almost like jim acosta wants to be a pendant. >> chris: i did not see that. that is dreadful. you can't say that. when you are interviewing a subject -- i have interviewed everyone from white supremacists
12:18 am
to run the spectrum. deplorable disgusting human beings. the truth is, you keep that to yourself, even after the interview, because your impartiality, the reader of the viewer, is owed the pretense of impartiality, even in the presence of moral odium. the fact that he would go into that, look, life is hard and full of challenges. stephen miller gave him a humiliating tongue lashing that he probably should not have given him. miller let his pride get the better of him too. but for him to go and say that, stop covering the white house. if you already made up your mind to that degree that these people are so dreadful, then you should find some thing else to with your network. >> dana: what do you think, juan? >> juan: i think you have to challenge power. i think the role of the american press, i was listening to him carefully, chris, because i think it is important that
12:19 am
reporters not buy into the kind of orthodoxy coming out of any person, left or right. but on the other hand, you can have a situation where you're standing there, you are advancing your own thoughts and your own agenda, contrary to the one that is coming from the people in power. the people in power don't deserve to go without being challenged and have the facts showed to them. we also saw it today. reporters ask them, just give us the statistics to back up what you're saying, and instead, they go and say, why don't we send low income immigrants to work at the "the new york times" and take your job, which was not an answer. it may come off to some people as combative. why is the reporter engaging with him, but it seemed to me that stephen miller was delighting in securing the press, calling them cosmopolitan elite. >> dana: they certainly benefit by going after the press.
12:20 am
do you want to comment on the press or the mayor of this news? >> greg: he made a really great point. when he implied that any reduction in flow was against our core beliefs, then the question is, so there is never such a thing is enough. you can have 5 million, 10 million. i thought there was a great point. but in terms of the actual specifics of what they are introducing, what is wrong with having people learn a language. how dare you demand something that helps them? you're actually saying, we want you to do well. in a strange way, we are asking immigrants to compete amongst themselves. we are inviting competition and wanting you to come over here and kick our butts. come over here, better prepared. you want to make money, if you know the language, you're going to make more money. you're going to get better jobs. we want you to come here and be better. the other thing, as if it does cut immigration in half or the increase in half, shifting from
12:21 am
low to high skilled workers, maybe citizens that don't lead might resolve to fix the problems in their own country. maybe in the future, your children and their children don't have to leave the country, because a lot of people are leaving horrible countries. maybe, stay and fix the dam place. >> dana: there are a lot of competing economic theories on this. some congressmen say illegal immigration helps grow the economy, the white house are saying it is holding back wages, and the bill is entitled the raise act, because the goal is to raise wages. but it looks like it doesn't have a hope of passing in the congress this year. >> kimberly: no, it is a great idea with nowhere to go. ultimately, if they were behind it, they think it would actually increase wages and improve the economy, which is something positive for the president, but obviously, this is a very difficult topic, where there has
12:22 am
really been a history of lack of consensus or achievement in terms of getting some policies for the actually work. today is a perfect example, and i think why steve miller took exception to this is because of the constant brought by the mainstream media to suggest that anyone who wants to secure the borders or build a wall or have proper screening from countries that have an influx of people coming and the arm operably screen, the travel ban, is a bigot or a racist. they accuse the president of that. the vitriol that jim acosta approached it with. this is what we are dealing with now any time the subject comes up, and it is frustrating. >> juan: this ends this whole argument that this is just about legal immigrants. you have a policy on the table that will cut legal immigration in half. >> dana: >> greg: i agree with r
12:23 am
once. all right, "the new york times" said the justice department could be preparing to sue some of america's politics, but the
12:24 am
12:25 am
12:26 am
12:27 am
>> kimberly: two stories developing out of washington today. "the new york times" put out a report of the trump administration could be targeting affirmative action policies on campus, but the justice department says the paper got the story wrong. also today, the president signed a bill to impose new sanctions on russia, but he wasn't happy about it. ed henry has all the details. >> good to see you. dare i say this administer ration is going to call it fake news by "the new york times" that discrimination story that you mentioned.
12:28 am
a job ad over at the justice department, basically a help wanted ad. saying they wanted to hire more lawyers to deal with a new project that was going to be investigating this termination in the college admissions process. "the new york times" got a copy of that help wanted ad, and then extrapolated out and they are reporting, that somehow this was going to be president trump investigating claims that there is antiwhite bias in the admissions process of colleges and universities. this, as you can imagine, ignited a firestorm. democrats including former president obama's defense educan secretory was disheartened. the job for lawyers to work for attorney general jeff sessions did not refer to antiwhite bias at all. sir huckabee sanders set at the white house podium that it would be investigating potential biased against all races, not specifically against rights.
12:29 am
this evening, the justice department came out and in much stronger terms denied the story, saying in fact that the lawyers were being hired specifically to hire complaints filed by asian american groups, who alleged back in 2015 that there was discrimination at harvard in their admission process. interesting, because this case was first brought to the attention of the obama administration in 2015, they did not finish it by the time they left office this past january. so, now the demonstration is looking at that. then move onto the russia story. we have heard this narrative time and time again. president trump is too close to president putin in russia. and there were reports in recent days that he would not sign into law this bill that was passed through both houses of congress, instituting new sanctions against russia, making it harder for president trump to wipe away any sanctions against russia. today, the president signed that into law. he did say he had some problems with the law, that he believes
12:30 am
there are some unconstitutional provisions in there, but he signed it, despite all of the claims that he would not, and then the prime minister of russia charged that president trump was humiliated and that he signed it only because there was overwhelming majorities in the house and senate that would have overwritten any veto. he went on to say that this could spark a trade war between the u.s. and russia and that any hope of warmer relations between the u.s. and russia are now gone because of president trump signing this into law. again, a little bit different than the narrative we have heard in recent days. >> kimberly: all right, thank you so much for the update. to get around the table. dana, your thoughts on two topics here? before i was curious if "the new york times" asked the justice department for reaction and they just did not get a call back. i worked at the justice department as a spokesperson for a year, and i know that, sometimes, getting an answer from lawyers takes a lot longer
12:31 am
than you would like as a p.r. person. so it, it is frustrating. maybe all of this could have been contained and avoided. maybe, i don't know. but i could also understand how this could get out of control pretty quickly, but you see that it took the justice department almost an entire day to say, no, it is about the lawsuit from the asian american students that was filed in 2015, which is a very interesting case, and something that the obama administration left on the table. i do think it is something that should be reviewed. >> kimberly: absolutely. to make sure the clinic patient is there at the ready. >> chris: this is true. i wonder what would be wrong with looking at bias against right , white students. that would be okay. i found this weird, that this would be an appalling thing. if there is bias, we shouldn't investigate bias wherever it is.
12:32 am
that is good. and then the response from the administration, no! it wasn't on the behalf of white students, we are so vindicated! i found it all to be very telling and odd moment. >> juan: i think there's a reason, chris. i think we live in a white majority society, where most college students are white. if you look at the population, it is more than a third of people over 25 who are white have a college degree, but if you look at white, it is less than a quarter, and hispanics, less than a fifth. you see there is a disparity. we worry about a stable american society, and i think that is why colleges have been quite intentional saying, we would like to increase diversity on campus. what you see from the supreme court, with sandra day o'connor in 2003, is to say race can be one factor, but it can't be the exclusive and only factor. so all of a sudden, you see the justice department, what was
12:33 am
alarming to me was to see the civil rights division involved in this, because i don't see that there is any outright discrimination against white people in colleges. but i think that they are not sin, we were worried about the fact that so many asian students have extraordinarily high grades, but they are held to a different standard than whites, whites, latinos, anybody. and so they say, you are unfairly treating the asian students. and then in places especially out west, they say, we can fill the whole place up with these high-flying academic top grade sat, act asian students, but we are trying to have a whole campus that represents the entire community that pays taxes to this institution. so, i think it would be legit. i thought, by the way, the excuse from the administration, i think that was of the year. it is about white students.
12:34 am
>> greg: i thought the affirmative action story was a big fat zero. it was a job posting. they found a job posting and they made a mountain out of a microbe, it was born out of the hysterical reaction to anything that is coming out of the trump administration. they see this, they go, evidence of the jim acosta mindset. it is all about race. i have to question whether -- do we really need to push for an increase in diversity anymore when it is now a preset assumption. when you look at recruitment ads for anything, people are dying for diversity. if you talk to anybody in hr, they are desperate for people. if you talk to anybody in recruiting, campuses, the military, the hunger for diversity as they are, whether you need affirmative action anymore, i am not so sure. i think that people -- and it's already there. people are trying. they can't get enough. the problem with affirmative action, which, clarence thomas
12:35 am
has talked about this, it casts doubt on your achievements. everyone assumes you have two like us. people regret, this is a bad thing. it pushes people to fast in a situation that they may not be ready for. i remember reading about this constantly where people get into college, and then they get lousy grades and they drop out because they weren't ready you have to be there. >> kimberly: because they weren't set up for success. >> dana: part of the solution to that is not college, it is k-12 education. >> chris: that's right. >> juan: i would agree with you, i would also say good families, . >> kimberly: what about russia. >> kimberly: we will have time time. we don't have ♪ approaching medicare eligibility? you may think you can put off checking out your
12:36 am
medicare options until you're sixty-five, but now is a good time to get the ball rolling. keep in mind, medicare only covers about eighty percent of part b medical costs. the rest is up to you. that's where aarp medicare supplement insurance plans insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company come in. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, they could help pay some of what medicare doesn't, saving you in out-of-pocket medical costs. you've learned that taking informed steps along the way really makes a difference later. that's what it means to go long™. call now and request this free decision guide. it's full of information on medicare and the range of aarp medicare supplement plans to choose from based on your needs and budget. all plans like these let you choose any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients, and there are no network restrictions.
12:37 am
unitedhealthcare insurance company has over thirty years experience and the commitment to roll along with you, keeping you on course. so call now and discover how an aarp medicare supplement plan could go long™ for you. these are the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp, an organization serving the needs of people 50 and over for generations. plus, nine out of ten plan members surveyed say they would recommend their plan to a friend. remember, medicare doesn't cover everything. the rest is up to you. call now, request your free decision guide and start gathering the information you need to help you keep rolling with confidence. go long™. ♪
12:38 am
i enjoy the fresher things in life.o. fresh towels. fresh soaps. and of course, tripadvisor's freshest, lowest...
12:39 am
...prices. so if you're anything like me... ...you'll want to check tripadvisor. we now instantly compare prices... ...from over 200 booking sites... ...to find you the lowest price... ...on the hotel you want. go on, try something fresh. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices.
12:40 am
>> juan: former vice president al gore always finds a way to get into the headlines by warming the world about global warming. well, he has done it again. his latest comparison of his fight is to the fight for civil rights. speak out when i was a boy growing up a lot of time in the south, i remember when the civil rights movement was gaining momentum that i will tell you, the resistance to civil rights laws was just as fierce, if not more so than the resistance to solving the climate crisis. but ultimately, we crossed a clinical tipping point, and people realize, it is just a question of right and wrong. >> juan: you say it's a moral issue, not only that, it is a fight against a apartheid, women who have been unfairly subject to by men. >> greg: he is a moron. the biggest harm to the climate change agenda is not skeptics, it is zealots.
12:41 am
they ruin everything. there are people who would be moderately interested in what's going on out there if it wasn't for the chicken little mentality like what's his face. it is like a grateful dead head. he makes you hate the band because all they talk about other concerts and how jerry garcia plays a 20 minute solo. that is what happens. he ruined the climate change argument because there is stuff to talk about, whether it is man-made or not, there's a lot of dispute. there's a lot of dispute everywhere, but there is something happening, and we should talk about it, but he has ruined it. he has basically in the pool of debate. and he is a big. >> juan: i want out. but you know what, dana, somebody at this event, from the chesapeake bay area, said
12:42 am
mr. vice president i don't see any rising tide around her. he had a difficult time dealing with that. >> dana: right, because a lot of the things that they said were going to happen have not happened uniformly around the world. different places see different things. i think that the epa administrator had a an excellent idea, a televised debate on climate change. we run it live, and both sides sides -- i like them too. greg and i like watching us. i think that would be a way to actually get people on the same page. get the zealots off, and get responsible people on both sides of the issue to debate out. >> juan: let me ask you, do you think anyone would say, they are right, they persuaded me. >> dana: may be, that is what they do in these debates.
12:43 am
you vote. >> chris: the soul of the problem here, the beating heart is this, we are talking about radiant differences in policies that are sold and existential apocalyptic terms. there is nothing that was in the paris climate record that was going to change the history of mankind for all time. instead of talking about things like we would other issues, like taxes and other things, we talk about it in these existential dead polar bear terms, and as a consequent, it turns away from what it really is, and economic issue, it becomes a social issue. we all know when it becomes a social issue, people turn their brains off, and they deal with their hearts, and that is not sufficient for an issue like this. >> juan: i put this in question to you. if someone had a debate, and the facts on the table, is anybody going to change their minds at this point? >> kimberly: i think that people might. people who want to be open-minded. to pick up on what greg is saying, the zealots, they are so prone to hyperbole and
12:44 am
exaggeration, that it defeats honest discussion and analysis of the facts. so, that is basically the problem i have with it. i feel like i'm watching groundhog day when i see al gor al gore. and then malaga will still be there. you want to have the facts, you want to debate it, but when people are so close-minded as to one direction or the other, there is too big of a space in between to try and bridget. >> juan: oh, we do talk. since president trump defeated hillary clinton in the electoral college, so why is he still talking about her so much? her former campaign chair has a theory. that is next. who are these people?
12:45 am
12:46 am
12:47 am
the energy conscious people among us say small actions can add up to something... humongous. a little thing here. a little thing there. starts to feel like a badge maybe millions can wear. who are all these caretakers, advocates too? turns out, it's californians it's me and it's you. don't stop now, it's easy to add to the routine. join energy upgrade california and do your thing.
12:48 am
>> chris: we thought the election of 2016 would never end. oh lord, oh lord. for hillary clinton's former campaign manager, john podesta, it apparently never did. he says, president trump, is still stuck in 2016 too. >> i think it really just bugs
12:49 am
the hill out of him that she got 3 million more votes than he did, and he keeps coming back to that. obviously, we bear the burden of having lost the electoral college. so, i do think about that every night, but i do think that he is partly strategic to try and deflect attention on his problems, but i think he -- she is really under his skin. >> greg: it is , >> chris: it is helpful to a degree for donald trump to remind his voters and supporters, remember why you voted for me. we see these numbers, voters are feeling a little crabby, there is more discontent out there, but if you bring it back to 2016, there is some utility in this. you say, would you rather hillary clinton be president today?
12:50 am
>> greg: i wake up every morning and asked myself the question. and i throw up. i have to use a sports analogy. the super bowl, the raiders beat the broncos, but the broncos had more yards. so what, i have the super bowl ring. >> chris: but kimberly, i think it bothers the president. there is a little bit there. >> greg: this is america! we did a whole thing on immigration, but now we are hypocrites. >> chris: by a buxom, right? >> kimberly: i think it does. he is transparent about it. this is still a constant dialogue. i will probably be a little irritated too, because he won the election, and you think enough already. there is constantly there's rehashing it. the efforts to delegitimize the
12:51 am
presidency, but you have to then rise above that, it's not distracting. engaged in this hamster wheel all the time. >> chris: when i think of the person that has harmed the democratic party the most in the past generation, hillary clinton stands out head and shoulders above the rest. i am constantly amazed that she continues to inflict herself on a democratic party that she should have -- do you remember the moment when mitt romney said, i am taking about running again, and republican said don't do it and he backed away. he moved away from that space. hillary clinton has a book out, she is still engaged, her campaign chairman is out selling these talking points. is there a certain point where the clintons will stop inflicting themselves on democrats and let them move on to a new generation? >> juan: it's really important important. it's like the force, the big trees have to fall so the little trees can grow. i disagree with you that she and
12:52 am
bill clinton have imposed the most damage on the democratic party. >> greg: it's chelsea. >> juan: i think that people, if you look at everything from fundraising to party i.d., bill clinton's numbers are higher than -- >> chris: do you know anyone who lost more popular votes? who is that guy? >> dana: i do think that it works really well, but i would advise them if they're going to continue using it, talk about hillary clinton's policies. better than hillary on policy is a better footing for winning some of these debates. >> chris: "one more thing" is up next
12:53 am
12:54 am
12:55 am
12:56 am
>> greg: it's time for "one more thing." i will start it off. check out my podcast with dr. michael. we talk about the future of death. we talked about really cool stuff. trust me, it will blow your mind. now this.
12:57 am
slow news day. in today's slow news day, we visit a parent and a cat. very interesting arrangement here. they don't really get along too well. because it is slow news day, let's show it again in slow motion, because that is why it is slow news. it's beautiful. >> dana: all all right, seven priests walking into a bar. this isn't a joke though. this is in wales. they walk into a bar, but the bar staff thought they were out to do a fancy dress party, like a stag thing. they said, sorry we don't do that here. finally, it all got resolved, they got them a round of beer, they said some prayers. >> chris: very nice. >> juan: how did that story
12:58 am
come to your attention? >> dana: emily said it was her favorite thing of the day. >> juan: and out of this world job has just opened at nasa, and it sounds like something out of men in black. it is a real job listing, and it pays a lot of money. nasa is looking to hire a planetary protection officer. the job description is "protecting space from biological contamination and protecting earth biosphere from alien life." basically, fighting off aliens and killer bugs and diseases that come from aliens. wow. >> dana: i think my "one more thing" was better than that. >> kimberly: we have some terrific news. some of you may have heard about it, but my good friend sean hannity is executive producing a fantastic new film called "let there be light." we have a clip of it that we would like to show you.
12:59 am
>> you are the only one who can say there is no bear there. >> went someone almost dies, they are seeing their imagination running wild. >> kimberly: the film is about an atheist who has a near death experience, and that produces a change in his opinion about life and death, and faith and family. it is terrific, we are proud of sean hannity. it will be released on october 27th. >> chris: i am so grateful for your hospitality here the past two days. thanks for having me. but i'm going to force this upon you even so. on this day, calvin coolidge opted not to run for a second full term in office but he had won a landslide victory, he was a shoe in, and he said he he ws
1:00 am
done. in that way he said he could best honor the people who he >> bret: rules of engagement, the battle over authorizing war. what limits could congress try to impose? the sanctions bill against russia, north korea, and iran, its law and moscow is fighting back. this is "special report" ." welcome to washington. i am bret baier. russian prime minister calling it a declaration of all-out trade war against russia. new u.s. sanctions bill against russia, north korea, and iran. they are in effect and after president trump signed the bill into

37 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on