Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  February 5, 2018 11:00pm-12:00am PST

11:00 pm
dossiers. that's all the time we have left. we will always be fair and balanced. we will never be the destroy-trump-media. let your heart not be troubled. laura ingraham, hello. how are you? >> laura: sean, did you like the super bowl commercial where eli manning is dancing? >> sean: [laughs] yeah. >> laura: wasn't that funny? >> sean: that was the single best commercial all day yesterday. >> laura: i hear they have plans for next year's super bowl.hain you and tucker will make a beautiful couple. >> sean: did you work all day on that joke? did you work all day on that joke? >> laura: ask my crew here. >> sean: you just worked on it? you just had it in the moment? >> laura: i wanted to pull it your heads on their bodies. >> sean: i didn't dance at my own wedding. it ain't happening. ever. . >> laura: poor joe. she still putting up with you after all these years? great show.
11:01 pm
welcome to "the ingraham angle," i am laura ingraham. we have a huge show for you tonight, beginning with something you are not going to see anywhere else. my exclusive interview with the man who was at the center of the russian investigation and featured in that fake hillary funded.ca, carter page is here. he's a former trump advisor the fbi surveilled. page is going to explain what he was doing on all of those trips to russia. but first, when democrats cared about civil liberties. that's the focus of tonight's angle. since the friday release of the g.o.p. house intel memo, democrats and their lackeys in the lamestream media have been in overdrive, attacking on the forefront. first, they downplay the memo -- it's a big nothing.
11:02 pm
>> as the new republic put it, "it would be easy to compare nunes' memo to geraldo rivera opening al capone's vault." >> the point is to be misleadin misleading. >> i don't think there's much to the memo. >> laura: for mmo that is supposedly a big dud, liberals are sure spending a lot of time. second. they showed us that the memo's author, devin nunes, is a really bad actor. did you know he's colluding with the white house? >> i think the president was crystal clear. i think that especially chairman nunes is doing his bidding. >> i believe this white house worked with chairman nunes to concoct this idea. >> i think it's very possible
11:03 pm
that he coordinated the whole effort with the white house. >> laura: that is a nice dodge. i love how they are trying to suggest that the memo was politically motivated while ignoring the facts in the memo that demonstrate the entire russian investigation was politically and most gated motivated from its inception. devin nunes has worked to ensure the integrity of clinton and mueller investigation should be welcomed by all americans emma whatever your political persuasion. and i will tell you why. because no one should be able to abuse or excuse the rule of law for political reasons. governments cannot be allowed to target their political enemy. well, they do it, though, don't they in china and north korea and, you bet, and russia! my question is what happened to accountability? holding government accountable? third. the democrats claim that trump is going to use the memo to stop
11:04 pm
the russian investigation and maybe even fire deputy ag rod rosenstein, setting up a... [whispering] constitutional crisis. could that -- >> if the president uses this fake, horrible release of distorted intelligence as an excuse to fire deputy acting general rosenstein or mueller, it could lead to a constitutional crisis. >> i will just tell you, this could participate in in a constitutional crisis. >> i know there would be h minutes outcry, there would be a constitutional crisis. >> laura: this redefines echo chamber, takes it to the new level. they pass around mmo in the morning, we will say cherry picked one day, we will go -- take it easy, there's no evidence that donald trump is
11:05 pm
going to fire rosenstein despite, as i understand it, his displeasure with some of rosenstein's stupid decisions, including signing off on one of those warrants to surveilled carter page. but for just a moment, let's accept their silly scenario. the firing of rosenstein may trigger a political fracas. and maybe it would be unwise. i wouldn't do it. but the president surely has the constitutional authority to fire anyone in the executive branch. so i failed to exactly see how this would trigger a constitutional crisis. finally. the democrats insist that with the release of this memo, trump and nunes are putting the future of the entire fbi in jeopardy. >> trying to undermine the fbi and the department of justice is really not in the best interest of america. >> the goal here is to undermine the fbi can discredit the fbi, discredit the mueller
11:06 pm
investigation, to the presidents bidding. >> this is a war on the law. this is a war on justice. this is a war on the justice department. this is a war on the fbi. >> laura: it's also a war on understatement, joe. now who was carrying out a war against the reputation and integrity of the fbi, if anyone did? well, i'd say it's former obama ag loretta lynch, former obama fbi director jim call me, and former obama deputy angela cade andrew mccade. how did they do that? they put the fbi's future in jeopardy by eroding confidence in one of our treasured law enforcement institutions. you cannot start spying on an american citizen as some kind of insurance policy against a presidential candidate you don't happen to like.
11:07 pm
in fact, you cannot surveilled an american citizen based on falsified evidence at all. or by omitting a material fact in in a fisa application for by a warrant. i tell you, the left refuses to address the central point of the nunes house intel memo. i was thinking about this earlier today when i was hosting my radio show. remember when democrats use to care about protecting american civil? post 9/11, the aclu warns about various ways the bush administration was endangering the bill of rights. they warned about the patriot act, the growing surveillance society -- by the way, i agree. they sounded alarms over the weakening of the freedom of information act by reclassifying documents as unclassified but sensitive. and the liberals even complained at some other civil libertarians, about the fairness of these long no-fly list. but this is my favorite part of
11:08 pm
this aclu list of grievances with number eight. political spying, it was called political spying, government agencies including the fbi and the permit of the offense have conducted their own spying on innocent and law-abiding americans through the freedom of information act, they learned that the aclu has been consistently monitoring peaceful groups such as quakers, people for the ethical treatment of animals, green peas, and the native american antidefamation association, -- greenpeace got surveilled, but i guess carter page and the trump campaign don't qualify for the member production. there was a part when democrats cared about things like fisa abuses. >> fisa court process is one of the most one-sided approaches in american government. i know of no other court that
11:09 pm
doesn't have some kind of adversarial discussion where there are rhetorical points of views. >> there should be some adversarial process, challenging it, just as we should in any normal court. >> the opinion themselves in key cases where the court has the benefit of hearing the other side, seeing opposing case law. >> laura: my gosh, my producer said in my ear, he was on rt tv! did you see that? that's great. look what could happen with the fisa court! but now, however, fisa is beyond reproach as long as it's used towards the ever noble goal of destroying donald trump. or preventing him back then being president at all. today on my radio show, newt gingrich agreed that a criminal investigation should be undertaken to discover how the fbi purposefully misled the fisa court and may have obstructed justice in the hillary email investigation.
11:10 pm
>> 98% of fbi agents are honest, patriotic americans trying to enforce the law, but they are tainted by the people at the very top who clearly were corrupt. and were clearly violating the law. this will lead to a criminal investigation but frankly, i don't understand why the attorney general has not taken steps. >> laura: great, great question. the question is with rod rosenstein and the deputy ag, could there be a special counsel appointed to explore any of this? or will it be up to congress to find all of the relevant documents and force his hand? whatever happens, there is no doubt about the following. after all their years of claiming to be advocates for fairness, civil liberties, the dams dems the dams have been outed by
11:11 pm
frauds. first, who is carter page and why did you become a target of the fisa court? fox's ed henry joins us now from new york with more. >> laura, great to see you. carter page is almost like a forrest gump, keeps popping up everywhere. you can quite figure out what he did for the trump campaign, let alone whether he did anything wrong. the the forrest gump moment came march 21st 2016 when then candidate trump appeared at a "washington post" at a board meeting, the first question is about how he was going to finally reveal his foreign policy team. it was hard to get foreign policy source to his team, so he wanted outside the box choices. the future president revealed only five names. one was, he called george papadopoulos an excellent guy and referred to another advisor simply as "carter page, phd," setting off a scramble of who this man of mystery was.
11:12 pm
bloomberg news quickly noted the only real connection was they were both contrarians on russia, wanting to work with vladimir putin in part because they believe policy makers in both parties are still clinging to a cold war mind-set. ronald reagan, in fact, sparked page's interest in russia at an early age after he saw a reagan conduct arms control talks and noticed one of his advisors wearing a navy uniformed or the gipper and were hired him to enroll into the navy academy. he earned a three graduate degrees, including the phd from the university of washington. he jumped into investment banking because of a friendship with ukrainian billing air, the firm had him open the moscow office in 2004. he worked with russian state owned needed companies. donald trump was still on "the apprentice," and they question page about his contacts with a possible russian spy. so he was on the radar before the campaign. during the campaign in 2016,
11:13 pm
then campaign manager cory lewandowski reportedly approved page's personal trip to moscow, where he gave a speech criticizing u.s. policy toward moscow and visited with russian officials but none of that necessarily nefarious. page was out, tonight donald trump your jr. told tucker that he was not a real player and more of a patsy, though he told the senate intel that he was an irregular player at trump tower. even more curious from devin nunes' memo, they used a document to obtain a fisa warrant to listen in the page's calls a month after we were told he left the campaign. the surveillance was renewed several times deep into 2017, after he was gone. we noted as began at the march 26 an editorial board meeting when george popped all the sins pled guilty to lying to the fbi about his contacts with russians. carter page has not been charged with anything. laura? >> laura: thank you so much for that report. joining us now from new york, we
11:14 pm
are pleased to welcome an exclusive former trump campaign advisor carter page. carter, it's good to see you tonight. i know you have not spoken out about this house intel memo yet more the reaction to it. what is your reaction? >> welcome a first reaction, lara, when i saw it was, you know, there was a lot of details that kept tripping out. it sounded really bad. when i actually saw it, it was even worse than i could've possibly imagine. but what was particularly interesting is the next 48 hours after that where part of the attack on chairman nunes and the committee was to come up with any new information to discredit me and anything related to the investigation or the overall investigation and all the great work that he has been doing. it's pretty stark contrast between getting the facts out
11:15 pm
there, having -- still getting attacked. >> laura: wow there this is what donnie trump said earlier tonight. ed referred to the interview he did a short while ago with tucker carlson. he was asked about you. this is what he said. >> this is a low-level person who worked in the campaign. this is someone who -- well, this person is no longer working on the campaign. i believe one of my family members responded, "who the heck is that individual question mike we never even heard of him." to use that, again, as the basis to then try to attack the duly elected president, to do it when that person is no longer even part of a campaign, all of these people hang around going to get their book deal, to utilize that person -- they seem like a great patsy for that. >> laura: your reaction to what donnie says, low-level figure in the campaign? i don't think you ever really disputed that. but your reaction? >> well. it was really impossible to help out in anyway, because as you
11:16 pm
were alluding to, the attacks started almost immediately. anyone who had any connection or had ever done any work positive or otherwise in russia was constantly sort of the number one target for attack, so it was, you know, it became a liability pretty quick. i would say it though, and alluded to this early foreign policy committee, i was really impressed with a lot of the other people that were on the committee. as you mentioned, there was a few names that were mentioned. really, the people that came on in the early months were pretty incredible. >> laura: carter, there was only one meeting though? this was slept together in 24 hours. i talked to one of the people earlier involved, this was thrown together pretty fast. we've got to have a list of people advising us. not a lot of people were helping out trump in the spring of 2016. they came up with his list, you
11:17 pm
had one meeting at the trump international, i understood. after that, there was no formal gathering of this group. is that correct? >> you actually raised an important point, laura. i should've clarified the one point that ad had alluded to. that one meeting -- >> laura: you were in hawaii. >> well, i have not said i was. >> laura: carter, you know where i'm getting at. you were put on this list and your past work that you did in russia, we'll get into that later, raised a red flag. the fbi apparently had been watching you for some time. okay. we fast-forward to july. you go to moscow. you say you are invited to give a speech at a college there. when you went there, did you meet with government officials or people connected closely with putin? >> i gave a speech.
11:18 pm
there was one senior government official who spoke after me. he was walking out of the building after he gave his speech. we had a very brief conversation for less then ten seconds. it was really an exchange of pleasantries. you know, a lot of the things he was talking about, you can tell that there were positive opportunities on the horizon in terms of u.s.-russian relations. >> laura: was that igor -- just so people know, i find this to be fascinating. in this fake dossier, there is an entire paragraph. i believe it's on page 31. where it says in terms of the substance their discussion, a former kgb guy, president of ra's neck of the state owned oil company, -- western sanctions
11:19 pm
imposed on the company that he offered page, trump's associate, brokerage up to 19% private in state on rosneft, if trump were elected president, sanctions on russia would be lifted. that's right from the dossier, carter. i think a lot of people hear about the dossier don't know what's in it. you are saying today that you never met igor -- i forget his name, igor sechin. >> i've never met him. if you do the math on that, -- that seems like a pretty hefty sum, you know? >> laura: that's pretty good. carter, hold right there. we have a lot more to talk about. it's actually fun to read through this dossier. it's like, crazy stuff. we are going to have more to
11:20 pm
talk about after this in a short break. stay there i've gotta say, i love the new place. oh thanks. yeah, i took your advice and had geico help with renters insurance- it was really easy. easy. that'd be nice. phone: for help with chairs, say "chair." phone: for help with bookcases, say "bookcase." bookcase. i thought this was the dresser? isn't that the bed? phone: i'm sorry, i didn't understand. phone: for help with chairs, say "chair." does this mean we're not going out? book-case. see how easy renters insurance can be at geico.com.
11:21 pm
11:22 pm
11:23 pm
>> laura: welcome back. we now resume our exclusive interview with former >> shannon: campaign -- carter, when i saw that they
11:24 pm
started to listen into your phone calls in october, that was after the trump campaign put a termination on the relationship with you. i thought to myself, who wants to work in any campaign? it's an individual, an american citizen, can be surveilled by the use of a dossier that was funded by the opponents, the political opponents. they are all worried about russia and their tactics? i mean, russia does stuff like that, frankly, to their political opponents. but we are not supposed to do that. your reaction when you found out that you are called at that point where surveilled? >> the funny thing about it literally one week letter when they were hacking me and why you're tapping me, one of the emails i sent out firing a complaint, an organization that the u.s. and many other
11:25 pm
countries is a part of, they had an election monitoring system going on in the united states, monitoring legal influence and, you know, election rigging. i lodged a complaint there. i think one of the first things they were picking up on was my loan complaint that i sent to vietnam and the osce what the reaction was to that at the and make. >> laura: one did you learn, carter, that you were of interest to the fbi? it predated the information of the trim campaign. it predated that, according to the fbi did they ever call you out or try to talk to you. saying, what were you doing over there in russia? you are ever dell may very well connected. did you ever approach them? >> i mention this, i sent a letter to director comey on sunday, september 25th, 2016, 2
11:26 pm
day after the defamatory articles came out against me. as i mentioned there, i basically told him everything is totally false. if you have any questions about this witch hunt, which is what i called it, please don't hesitate to contact me. i would love to set the record straight and talk to your agents. in that memo to mr. comey, i said, well, i've been in contact with members of the intelligence community before, many, many years, i would be happy to help out, again, in terms of providing you some accurate intel itself. >> laura: what you are portrayed. and people who don't know you, i guess people reading quickly they had like, oh, carter page is a spy for russia. i think that's what regular folks who are focusing on a lot of these details, that's what they believe. that's what they think. >> i mean, i was a witness.
11:27 pm
there was a diplomat here in new york who i happened to meet at a conference. and we struck up a conversation. i met him one time after that. i actually was teaching a course at new york university. i told them a couple of things i was telling my students about. he wasn't really interested. i sent him a couple of coarse documents. >> laura: a couple of questions for you. some things don't really make sense to me. how about that letter that "time" magazine said you wrote to the academic press? were they quote you as saying over the past half year, i have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the kremlin during the presidency of the g20 summit next month or energy issues are point on the -- did you write that? >> is totally taken out of
11:28 pm
context. >> laura: i would never say it's a privilege to serve as a former advisor to the staff of the kremlin. >> the g20, president trump was at the g20 last summer. a collection of countries from around the world -- the one we all know that. why would you write that? >> i was offering -- i was invited to provide some -- they put together a roundtable of energy experts. literally people from around the world, top countries around the world. >> laura: it sounds like, to me, you are really... you were really close to the staff of the kremlin there. the way it's worded. i mean, i wouldn't have worded it that way. what happens is people see that and they say, well, he went to moscow in july of 2016 to speak at a university. why would you do that when you were with the trump campaign? who signed off on it? was it really a cover for a meeting with government
11:29 pm
officials? i know that's what people think. >> this is where context is important. basically it was some ignorant academic who submitted -- it was a copy of my thesis. they were considering it at a academic publication. they were coming after me with all these false concepts about what's actually going on in russia. across eurasia and the middle east, asia, europe. essentially having served, being part of that informal group, we had a couple of meetings. big deal. >> laura: i got it. i think going to moscow in july 2016, you are just setting yourself up for scrutiny. i mean, did someone in the trump campaign, did they okay you going like mike did you ask them? i've seen varying accounts of that from you. did someone say "go for it" --
11:30 pm
>> there was no "go for it." i was an unpaid, informal advisor -- but when did you tell anybody from the trim campaign that you were going? >> i've been grilled many hours in both chambers of congress. many times. i gave them a heads up and they said, you know, it's fine to go, but you have nothing to do with the trump campaign. >> laura: you are actually suing -- are you suing the federal government? i think i saw in "the new york times" tonight, pushing a release for all the underlying documents in your case. are you in favor of that? >> absolutely. and one of the articles that's mentioned in the house intelligence memo from friday, it references one article. actually, that was rebroadcast by state propaganda agency in
11:31 pm
washington. broadcasting board of governors, funds radio for europe. for the last 70 years, most of its history, it was supposed to be used for, you know, offering ideas to countries around the world. they changed the law in 2013. and now they can push government propaganda in the u.s. this was the first selection where that ever happened. when sean on his show was referencing a list of questions as they go to the next edge of this investigation, -- actually, that's run by state departments. >> laura: the broadcasting board of governors. the yahoo! news story out. but you are assuming the bike has board of governors and who else, very quickly? >> the parent company for yahoo and "huffington post" which has a ton of articles. >> laura: carter, we really appreciate you spending some time with us tonight. everyone's out for an interview for you. i just think, and then it's an american -- i mean, from my understanding, is wrapped up in
11:32 pm
this whole thing that i find the whole thing terrifying. we wish you the best. thank you so much for joining us. >> thank you. >> laura: this has been unbelievable. stay right here. we have a lot more when we return. commentary from our experts on commentary from our experts on the (female vo) breaking news from washington as lawmakers; (male vo) raging wildfires continue to scorch parts; (male vo) allegations of misconduct; ♪ oh, why you look so sad, ♪ the tears are in your eyes, mvo: how hard is it just to take some time out of your day to give him a ride to school and show him you support him. ♪ and don't be ashamed to cry, ♪ let me see you through, ♪ 'cause i've seen the dark side too. ♪ ♪ when the night falls on you, ♪ you don't know what to do, mvo: when disaster strikes to one, we all get together and support each other. that's the nature of humanity. ♪ i'll stand by you,
11:33 pm
♪ won't let nobody hurt you. ♪ i'll stand by you, ♪ so if you're mad, get mad, ♪ don't hold it all inside, ♪ come on and talk to me now. ♪ hey, what you got to hide? ♪ mvo: it's a calling to the nation of how great we are and how great we can be. ♪ i'm alive like you. ♪ when you're standing at the cross roads, ♪ ♪ and don't know which path to choose, ♪ ♪ let me come along, ♪ 'cause even if you're wrong ♪ i'll stand by you. ♪ i'll stand by you. ♪ won't let nobody hurt you. ♪ i'll stand by you.
11:34 pm
♪ even in your darkest hour, ♪ and i will never desert you. ♪ i'll stand by you.
11:35 pm
11:36 pm
>> laura: let's get exclusive reaction with my interview with carter page. republican congressman ron desantis, fox news contributor, "washington examiner" reporter byron york, and senior editor at the federalist, mollie hemingway. byron, let's start with you. >> sometimes it's hard to get all the facts out of carter page because he just doesn't speak on that directly. but that point where he said, i have talked about this extensively with both houses of congress, which is true. if you read the interview he had with the house intelligence committee, it's just on and on and on. i thought the most telling part of your questioning is touting
11:37 pm
himself as an advisor to the kremlin. why would you do that. i think most people theorize, we are just theorizing, he was trying to make himself more like an insider than he was. >> laura: that never happens in washington or new york where people inflate the resumes. mollie molly? >> he was based in russia for a long time? he does have context in russia. it's actually not a crime to have these things. just seeing him talk about these things, it's very interesting. a man who has all the power of the federal government going up against him, surveilling him. it is very much affected his life, his business relationships. i think it's time for the federal government, if they think he's guilty of something, the need to put up or shut up, attempts to let this man go on with his life. >> laura: your reaction to what he said tonight? >> he is kind of a weird dude. the fact that he has sent them a
11:38 pm
release all the fisa stuff! >> laura: i think he would be worried. >> it seems he wants this stuff to come out because he doesn't think there's anything there. but because he is a u.s. citizen, when they went to surveilled him, it's not just their suspicion he could be acting as an agent of foreign power, they also have to show he's violating a criminal statute. the nunes memo does not say what statute they cite as a violation. was there a pretextual thing, or was there something that he was violating? we need to release all this information. >> laura: this is my human reaction. i feel sorry for carter page. i mean, -- i lived in russia as a student. i know a lot of people doing business in russia. commercial real estate, people in science and so forth. just because you've done business in russia -- you know, doesn't mean you are a russian spy. most people, the here carter -- "oh, he's a russian spy," people think that because of the way the fake media has reported on this. >> i think i've heard him
11:39 pm
reported as a known russian agent. you raised a real interesting idea about what is his status with the mueller investigation. because -- if there is collusion, he is a really important part of this. papodapolous is another big part of this, he was not charged of any conspiracy, he was simply charged of lying to the fbi. what's the deal with carter page question mikey has not been charged with anything. are they complementing being charged with anything? >> the angle i did before he came on, liberals used to care about civil liberties. i mean, those comments from blumenthal, the fisa court, the abuses of the fisa court, they can spy on american. here they happen in october. >> this is -- if the federal government cannot supply you of life, liberty, property, they cannot rescue or spy on you
11:40 pm
without a really good reason. it's the civil rights and civil liberties of carter page can be violated, they can be violated for anyone. that's why it's very important that we can trust these courts, particularly because the target of the investigation doesn't get the chance to plead his own case. we rely on the government to make sure that they rely on the information that's key. >> we should point out that the warrant, it's often pointed out -- they didn't put the warrant on him until he after left the campaign. that not only gets his phone calls going forward, it gets all of his email going backward, back when he was with the campaign. plus it allows the fbi to break into his home, search it, plant and electronics when he's not there. >> potentially other locations. if they identify other locations, they could surveilled other locations. >> laura: is ironically talk about russia when we do this, we talk russia, russia, russia. i want you to react to my congressman, to both trey gowdy and it was, who else, nunes, of
11:41 pm
course, made the comment today about the footnote and reacting to it. let's watch. >> a footnote saying that something might be political is a far cry from letting the american people know that the democrats in the hillary campaign paid for dirt, that the fbi then used to get a warrant on an american citizen to spy on another campaign. >> i read the footnote. i know exactly what the footnote says. it took longer to explain it the way they did if they just came right out and said, hillary clinton for america and the dnc paid for it. but they did not do that. >> laura: is there anything that could be done to the people responsible for filing that, omitting a material fact? >> yeah, of course. if you are practicing law, that goes into that. look, there could be criminal liability. it would depend on the intent, that's why we need all information. i had read the schiff memo. it's the most circuitous way to say that there may -- i mean,
11:42 pm
they could've come out and say it. the way they did it is enough candor for the court. >> laura: it's a material fact. you omitted a material fact from the application. if i was that fisa judge, i would be livid. it makes the judgment potentially the wrong decision. >> is the key question. should the fbi be lured into investigating a -- that's the key. >> china would do it, russia would do it, north korea would do it, and apparently we can do it in the united states. >> that paragraph in the nunes memo, it's very clear. they didn't tell them dnc and clinton campaign was paying for it. they did not. >> laura: 100% 100 >> 100% true. even the schiff memo would not dispute that. >> laura: you been writing about it, mollie. great stuff, guys. while democrats are fixating on russia, another overseas threat is growing. victor davis hanson explains in my experience with usaa has been excellent.
11:43 pm
they always refer to me as master sergeant. they really appreciate the military family, and it really shows. we've got auto insurance, homeowners insurance. had an accident with a vehicle, i actually called usaa before we called the police. usaa was there hands-on very quick very prompt. i feel like we're being handled as people that actually have a genuine need. we're the webber family and we are usaa members for life. usaa, get your insurance quote today.
11:44 pm
we know that when you're spending time with the grandkids every minute counts. and you don't have time for a cracked windshield. that's why we show you exactly when we'll be there. saving you time, so you can keep saving the world. >> kids: ♪ safelite repair, safelite replace ♪
11:45 pm
11:46 pm
>> laura: welcome back to "the ingraham angle." while democrats shriek about russia, communist china is expanding its power and influence across the globe. joining us here in the studio to discuss is stanford professor, columnist, great guy, brilliant, victor davis hanson. v dh, good to see you in the studio. love it. always have you on the radio, but good to see you. before we get into that, i want to get your reaction very quickly to the carter page
11:47 pm
interview, what he said. >> i think he's a comic, tragic figure. i feel bad because he wouldn't be where he has had there not been this crazy with the graphic dossier, he was used. carter page. he was at russia. before we could surveilled him, see what turns up other people. he was a tool. he's probably -- every trial lawyer in washington, d.c., is washing your show tonight because he has a lot of possible suits against fusion gps, steele, glenn simpson, doj, fbi. i hope you find redemption. >> laura: meanwhile, it's russia, russia, russia. you and i talk about this a lot on the radio airwaves. but china is slowly but surely amassing a huge band of influence, academic institutions. we'll start there. >> china has got the ten times gdp of russia. he's a real threat.
11:48 pm
and sort of doing what japan did in the 1930s with a greater asian prosperity sphere, they go to the philippines, the united states is on the wing, we used to check that with a huge navy. that's what the american navy did, world war ii and during the cold war. at the same time, we always would translate with russians. we have issues, but we have common ground against radical islam and we're worrying about china, but we give the card up because of this crazy hysteria over russia. >> laura: we could be working with russia on various fronts. we don't agree with them on a bunch of things, but we could be working with them more at all on fighting the jihad. >> they have a border with north korea. i mean, they have a nuclear -- they have a nuclear pakistan, nuclear india, nuclear china, nuclear north korea. they don't need another nuclear iran on their border. they have problems with their muslim population.
11:49 pm
>> laura: talk about why the global elites have flocked to china, and now flocked to demonize russia. china is good and deserving of our attention. they have some problems but russia is a real threat. russia's economy is smaller than france. >> remember, russia was not the real threat. when bush walked down -- i mean, clinton and the bush administration said you're too hard on russia. we've got the plastic red button. i think it came from a jacuzzi -- romney was the first person who was hysterical, then the hot mike, russia was good then all of a sudden russia was bad because the narrative changed. china has always been the opposite goal because one quarter of the world's trade goes right through the south china sea. they have a valve, they can control it. they could stop north korea tomorrow. >> laura: victor davis hanson,
11:50 pm
come on radio tomorrow if you can. i would love to have you on, as always. up next, we will explain what i why cnn seems so smug and satisfied with
11:51 pm
so, how's it going? well... we had a vacation early in our marriage that kinda put us in a hole. go someplace exotic? yeah, bermuda. a hospital in bermuda. a hospital in bermuda.
11:52 pm
what? what happened? i got a little over-confident on a moped. even with insurance, we had to dip into our 401(k) so it set us back a little bit. sometimes you don't have a choice. but it doesn't mean you can't get back on track. great. yeah, great. i'd like to go back to bermuda. i hear it's nice. yeah, i'd like to see it. no judgment. just guidance. td ameritrade.
11:53 pm
>> laura: this just in. see ann and finally has something to be happy about.
11:54 pm
millions of americans losing their money! wolf blitzer reported, today's nearly 1200. drop in the dow with an odd satisfaction that seemed to say it's bad for america, but it's okay because it's worse for trump. >> breaking news. nose dive. dow plunges nearly -- the visual was pretty awful. if i'm not that taking come of the 1500 points, the lowest it dropped, was in the middle of his speech. any president would be aware of that. this president, uniquely so due to how much cable-television he consumes. >> laura: whatever it cable tv he's consuming for the ratings, i can tell you, it ain't see an end. have these guys been paying attention to the president's today? they would've seen clear signs of the renaissance economic ren the stock heartland.
11:55 pm
many of them generated by trump's trump package. what nancy pelosi call crumbs, ordinary americans call a godsend, as they told the president today. >> what it means to all heart american families reaping the benefits of your tax cuts. it means that we will have more money in the banks, more money to make ends meet. certainly for my family, we are in process of buying a home. in the fall, both of my kids, katie and matthew, will be going to college. we will be using that money to help us make ends meet. >> laura: now, i will take that lady's common sense over nancy pelosi's crumbs any day. maine main street is being helpe
11:56 pm
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
11:59 pm
>> laura: before we go, you want to hear what you thought about my exclusive interview tonight with carter page. so be sure to tweet me about it
12:00 am
at @theingrahmangle. mrs. shannon breen and the fox news at 19, take it away. >> shannon: thank you very much, laura. here's what we have going on tonight. another memo heading to the white house. this time, it's the democrats. >> we think this will help inform the public about the inaccuracies in the majority may memo. >> shannon: ed henry is following the latest. a fight to keep the government funded. is another shutdown just days again? after months of breaking records, the markets are reeling. the dow more than a thousand points, the same day the president spent the afternoon touting his tax reform in ohio. should all high school students be forced to apply for college? some states say, yes. our legal eagles will debate

56 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on