Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  February 12, 2018 7:00pm-8:00pm PST

7:00 pm
give us a call. unfortunately, that is all the time that we have left this evening. we will always be fair, balance balanced, let your heart beat not be troubled. laura is next. laura, take it away. >> laura: good evening from washington. welcome to "the ingraham angle." it is great to be back in d.c., although new orleans was fun. we have so many good stories to cover. we will be on them. new information that the obama doj might have overruled the fbi when they reportedly told congress that michael flynn did not lie under oath. and cnn has a crush on the sister of the north korean dictator, isn't that nice? and they're not alone. we are going to analyze why this is happening. but first, democrats thinking on it the need to trump angle. that is the focus of tonight's
7:01 pm
angle. the past few days have convinced me more than ever that the democrats and their american media are feverishly attempting to use the hashtag #metoo 4s undoing. now that they have extracted this and the budget bill, they have essentially given up on the idea of working with the republicans to actually improve the country and solve some problems. nancy pelosi, schumer, have come to the conclusion that that's the only way to beat trump is to avoid it debates on his policies, which let's face it, are working. so what they are instead doing is resorting to full on dehumanization and guilt by association. and sadly, it was obvious, almost from the start that to the #metoo movement would become a more about politics than it justice. think about it.
7:02 pm
justice requires more than an accusation and a denial. it involves probable cause, the rules of evidence, notes here say aloud, and the cross-examination of. innocent until proven guilty. now, in some cases, the evidence is overwhelming. you think about harvey weinstein, kevin spacey. and they are discussing even criminal behavior, it was well known by the glitterati for decades. but after the two went off to rehab and to the thing really ramped up, let's face it, the folks pushing the movement really moved on to their real target, donald j. trump. >> if anyone knows about inappropriate behavior in the workplace, it is donald trump. is he aware that he is him? >> one industry that is in a minute trying to get rid of predators, and that is politics. >> do you want to be part of bu-
7:03 pm
>> laura: remember, last week a come of the press with stories about that guy, rob porter. a name that most of you had not heard of before last week. he's a former staff secretary who has been accused of two former wives and a recent girlfriend of abusive behavior. his reportedly tumultuous relationships, to say the least, apparently didn't affect his work at, which by all accounts was top-notch. even one of his ex-wives and said she didn't think he should be fired, despite what she claimed were his anger problems. and on friday, the president refused to throw porter to the wills. >> found out about it recently, and i was surprised. we certainly wish him well. it is obviously a tough time for him. he did a very good job when he was in the white house. and we hope he has a wonderful
7:04 pm
career, and hopefully he will have a great career ahead of him. he is innocent, and i think you have to remember that. he said very strongly yesterday that he is innocent. >> laura: will, that was heresy because apparently the only acceptable response from the president would have been condemning porter to a life of misery and inviting the wives to the white house for a #metoo lunch. >> he doesn't merely tolerate abuse, sexual abuse is a very apt metaphor for everything that he is. this is a rape culture president, and he has become of the chief of age. >> this is a misogynist administration. it is not about anything else more than a misogyny. >> he continues to not be for or speak out for the victims or the people who have been abuse, but for the abusers.
7:05 pm
>> laura: i think the president could have mentioned the people who claim that porter did that to him, absolutely, sure. he could have mentioned it. maybe probably should have, but excuse me if i don't think that the democrats really care all that much about women or victims of abuse and harassment. remember, folks, they campaigned with bill clinton, they partied with harvey, they ridiculed paula jones, and 20 to brodrick it, and they look the other way when it was occurring for years because it helps them professionally, personally, politically, or all three. it was only when rose mcgowan exposed the truth about one scene that stars are, producers, directors, and even hillary clinton or forced her to issue there late in the game denunciation. and it ditto for conference my congress. it was not until reports emerged
7:06 pm
of the settlements paid to those accused. and by the way, while we are on that, he was forced into retirement over harassment allegations. he was that way for your, and everybody knew that. so i ask you, if these democrats care so much about women, especially vulnerable young women, why didn't any of them speak out? we all know why. now, this is really good. even a supreme court justice seems to be hopping on at the bandwagon, citing a toxic testosterone filled atmosphere for hillary's election laws. >> i think it was difficult for hillary clinton to get by the macho atmosphere prevailing during that campaign.
7:07 pm
anybody who watched that campaign unfold would feel the same way that i do. sexism played a prominent part. >> laura: i'm sure she cannot decide any case involving trump. this is an outrage. she has basically become a political pundit. look out, rachel maddow, she could have her own show on msnbc. and then there was 20 twentieths democrat hopeful, new york senate, kristen gillibrand. >> i think he should resign, and if he is unwilling to do that, then congress should hold him accountable. we are obligated to have hearings. >> laura: has she ever returns that the money that's bill clinton rates for her? i doubt it. look at, she has fully weaponize
7:08 pm
weaponize -- fully weaponize the #metoo a moment, with the intention of driving the female vote in the midterm. and ultimately, sweeping herself right into the oval office. and while we all condemn actual abuse, regardless of where it occurs, the last time that i charge, jobs, the economy, health care, education where it still the top issues for voters, including women. nonetheless, let's face it. a shift may be underway. especially among younger voters. ted cruz upset over the weekends that's the left would crawl over broken glass to vote in the midterms. thinking about it, he is probably right. and if gillibrand has her way, most of those with cuts on their hands and knees are going to be women. the left is really busy marshaling their allies, their resources, across the cultural
7:09 pm
and political spectrum to make the president toxic to women. and ultimately drive him from office. and the president has already seen some erosion and his female support. the democrats know this is a magic bullet for them. if they turn the women's vote, by just a few percentage points, it can mean the difference in the midterms and in 2020. but i want to be clear. this is by all means not a lost cause. that is not what i'm saying, contrary to what msnbc and cnn would have you believe. most women want greater economic opportunities, they want safe streets, they want solid public schools for their kids, and they want health care that covers the basic stuff. that is for most of us. and the president is doing more on all of those friends then i think the pastor to present combined. and he needs to sell this directly to the voters, including women voters. directly. but tone matters, especially with women.
7:10 pm
it is not just what you say but how you say it. and sometimes, it is also what you fail to say. that can be just as important as what you do say. so if he comes on too strong, or to defensively, and it tweets or an off-the-cuff exchange with reporters, he could set himself back. and he could confirm the unfair caricature of the left promotes 24/7. and that could mean disastrous results. and that's the angle. all right, we are going to have a lot more to say about that, but the angle coming up later in the show, but we have to begin with a remarkable new development, indicating that the justice department may have overruled the fbi. in the michael flynn case. we are joined by the reporter who broke the story suggested tonight, byron york, and kim stressful of "the wall street journal" ." let's start with you. i had heard rumblings about this
7:11 pm
last year year, that michael flynn did not lie in the questioning by the fbi. remind us of how this all went down. it was very unusual how he came to be interviewed. >> very unusual, remember december 2016, that is during the transition. he was the incoming of the next national security advisor. he was getting calls from all around the world. that's what happens when you are about to become the national security advisor. he has a couple of conversations with sergey kislyak you, the russian investors, and these were wiretapped because we wiretapped the brush and, which is personally perfectly reason. we talked about sanctions, and somehow, the obama justice department became very concerned about this. they convinced themselves that this may be a violation of the logan act. you have probably told your viewers about this. 200 years old, never successfully prosecuted, they did try to charge to people in the 19th century, but it didn't
7:12 pm
work. so on this basis, this pretense, they go to interview michael flynn on junior 24th, fourth day in the white house. >> laura: 's elliotts, who then resigned, she sends the fbi over to the white house. he has no lawyer with him, for some reason, he agrees to be interviewed. it is just bizarre. because of this becomes a huge issue, congress wants to find out what is going on. in march, james at comey, then fbi director, he says that the fbi agents who interviewed him did not think that he liked it to them. something happened between then and a december 1st when he pleaded guilty to lying in that interview. >> laura: kimberly, what is your gut here? were they trying to squeeze him to get to trump, to try to crack him and then the whole operation? i had heard from the beginning that he did did in life. not that he even did anything
7:13 pm
wrong when talking to the ambassador. >> while, when you look at the michael flynn, you basically have two reasons for why he would have done this. one a theory out there is that maybe a meal or meal or had sog worse on him, there is also a theory that his son was also under investigation. the headlines came out that his son was no longer going to be under investigation right around the time that he accepted this plea deal, so they thought was that he was helping out his son, but for people out there who have worries about the probe and how legitimate it is, or whether or not it has other ambitions, and this is ground zero for them. you end up taking the accusations of a very partisan acting attorney general, trying to drum up a charge that could never be enforceable in law, and manages as a result of this to drum a guy not only out of his
7:14 pm
job, but ultimately land him with a felony charge. >> laura: byron, this is what this seems to be from the beginning. they needed to get into the trump campaign, into one of the top aides to trump, and they know how he reacts to this stuff. i am a target because you guys are mad that you lost this election. and then they are off to the races. but i think sally yates is really an overlooked person. >> extremely important. and i believe she has really only spoken once about this. she testified anime to a senate judiciary committee, subcommittee, and she said thate white house, right? so she goes, after she has interviewed a flynn, and the white house counsel says to her well, what if flynn it didn't le to -- what is it to the justice department? and she said oh, it is a very big deal. >> laura: blackmail. >> i don't understand that,
7:15 pm
either. and a lot of people on capitol hill did not. >> laura: 's all right, now we have to move on to susan rice, who has made another appearance in trying to save the obama administration. we find out today and at this new memo that she sent an email to herself. we have a full screen of it on inauguration day saying the following. president obama begin the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the intelligence and law enforcement communities by the book. the president said that he is not asking about initiating anything from a law enforcement perspective, he reiterated that our law enforcement needs to proceed as normal, and by the book. that is about to the january 5th meeting. why would you be documenting a january 5th meeting on january january 20th in an email to yourself? >> it looks very cya to me, can you think of any reason why
7:16 pm
someone would do this? let's go back to susan rice, remember, she has links to the flynn issue as well, in that she was involved with unmasking him, and then ultimately about was illegally linked it to the press, his name. but on this particular email, it reminds me of the story's back and 2003, jay rockefeller, the -- he was briefed on wireless wiretapping, he did not say anything about it at the time, but he wrote himself a letter and stuck it in a desk drawer, and then later, he wielded it out. he was like i never thought this was a good idea to begin with. i think what we have here -- yeah, susan rice is putting down i want everyone to know that this is exactly what happened. just in case it turns out that someone starts asking later. >> laura: yes, that is all i need to say. and it did she ever get immunity? do we know that? >> we don't know. i don't know. >> laura: that is another question that we have to get answered. guys, more from the democrats.
7:17 pm
sun's immigration debate going on now, and up next, we are going to update how they are cynically using the poor dreamers for politics. ext alert. i'm your phone, stuck down here between your seat and your console, playing a little hide-n-seek. cold... warmer... warmer... ah boiling. jackpot. and if you've got cut-rate car insurance, you could be picking up these charges yourself. so get allstate, where agents help keep you protected from mayhem... ...like me. mayhem is everywhere. are you in good hands? when you have a cold, stuff happens. [ dog groans ] [ coughs and sneezes ] nothing relieves more symptoms than alka seltzer plus maximum strength liquid gels.
7:18 pm
this one's below market price and has bluetooth. same here, but this one has leather seats! use the cars.com app to compare price, features and value.
7:19 pm
going somewhere? whoooo. here's some advice. tripadvisor now searches more... ...than 200 booking sites - to find the hotel you want and save you up to 30%. trust this bird's words. tripadvisor.
7:20 pm
7:21 pm
>> laura: chilling words from an illegal immigrant after he was convicted of murdering two law enforcement officers. he promised those inside a sacramento county courtroom on friday that he would "kill more cops sooner." during the trial, that the defendant said that he wished he had killed more police officers, if you can believe that. the senate began debate today on immigration reform. but democrats don't appear interested in making a deal for the so-called dreamers. remember, they rejected president trump's deal to give amnesty to 5.8 million illegal immigrants. and now they seem intent on pounding them as anti-emigrants. to discuss, i am joined by democratic congressman, henry cuellar and todd rokita. we will also get perspective from a pam in reno. he was one of the two officers
7:22 pm
murdered by luis bracamontes. pam, thank you so much for making the trip and are talking to us tonight. i think it is really important in this conversation that we keep american citizens, who have had a direct horrible impact from uncontrolled borders in this conversation because they really get attention that they deserve. so thank you for joining us. pam, your reaction it to what you are seeing happen on capitol hill today and this week with a push for ultimate amnesty for as many as 1.8, but if the democrats have their way, many more than 1.8 million individuals in the united state united states. >> i am against amnesty 100% against the amnesty for the daca people, for the kids who were brought here, i am okay at four a path to citizenship, not for their people who brought them here. that government is here to protect the american citizens and illegal immigrants, not the
7:23 pm
illegal aliens. >> laura: and tell me about nephew. one of the most heartbreaking of stories over the past few years. i track a lot of crime stories just because i care so much about the victims, but such was a horrific day for the california pd. obviously, for your family. >> yes. michael, he was a wonderful, wonderful person. and he was the kind of guy who i don't care if you were somebody he had arrested or his best friend, his partner, or family member. if you asked for help, he was the first one there to help, and because his father was killed in the line of duty on the same day, he generally never worked that day. why he was working that day, i don't know. but the difference between when my brother was killed in 1988, that was an accident. this was completely, totally, you know, a murder that could have been avoided if the
7:24 pm
government had done the one thing they are supposed to do, which is protect the citizens. >> laura: did you ever hear after the murder of your nephew -- or did you hear much from the politicians in california? any calls, or offers of help, or concerns? >> tom mcclintock, from day one, has been very, very, very supportive. a republican. at no democrats. none at all. in fact, -- >> laura: wait a second. pam, i actually did not know the answer to that question before i asked it. not what you are supposed to do in tv, but i did not know the answer. i am actually sad that i was right. so, nancy pelosi, who was on her feet for eight hours last week in the filibuster for the illegal immigrants, the so-called dreamers, she never picked up the phone to call you?
7:25 pm
>> nova. >> you have got to be kidding me. unbelievable. >> and in fact, when camellia harris was at the may 15th officer memorial, and she was terrible. she made us angry at her lack of caring, and now that she is not to -- i get so angry even thinking about it. >> laura: so again, i am going to go to the congressmen at necks, but nephew is gunned down. a day when the two were killed. we have an unremarkable, guilty as hell illegal immigrants. you did not get a call from pelosi, feinstein, the former mayor of san francisco? none of these people called you? not one of these people called you, do they show up at the funeral? >> the governor did.
7:26 pm
>> laura: go to. >> it was because he felt he had to. it wasn't very sincere. >> laura: pam, thank you so much. a story that you are not going to hear from many other shows. i just appreciate your being with us. god bless you and your family. i know how difficult all of this is for you. i want to go to the congressman now. i just want to say thank you for joining us because not a lot of democrats decide to come on fox, and i really appreciate you coming on to share your perspective on this issue. i really do appreciate it. and congressman, todd rokita, obviously, you have been dealing with the aftermath of a very popular nfl star who was killed in a drunk driving accident. so you hear the anguish of a pam, whose nephew was a phenomenal human being. and he was killed a few years ago by an illegal immigrant. just a sentence a few days ago. what do you say after hearing
7:27 pm
that anguish in her voice? >> well, first of all, i mean, i can understand what she is going through. i've got three brothers who are peace officers. in fact, one of them was an undercover narcotics officer and became a lieutenant in charge of that. so right now he is a border sheriff, so i know what it is to have brothers that are peace officers and not know what could happen from one day to the next. so i understand what it is to have three family members that are peace officers, and again, to me, it is a member of that person who killed that peace officer, it is documented or undocumented, or whoever goes after a peace officer, we need to make sure that we throw the book out that individual. >> laura: yet, but obviously, it makes it worse, does it not, and congressman rokita, we will get to you, but he obviously should not have been
7:28 pm
in the country. otherwise they would still be alive. that is what makes it worse, and i know congress is working on a belt and a push for legalization, and some more enforcement provisions, changing the immigration, but i've got to tell you. i think people are fed up with this crime, and this has got to stop. this is madness. >> laura, if i could jump in, i would like to say that this is completely preventable, had we had a wall, had we had a wall system, had we been enforcing federal immigration law, what happened to jeffrey munro last week, would not have happened. so this is completely preventable. so let me go back to this comment. for the first time in american history, we have a political party, the mother democratic party who is putting the interests of lawbreakers ahead of law-abiding citizens. citizens. it hasn't really happened before until now.
7:29 pm
and you are exactly right, nancy pelosi, i watched her. she stood on the house floor for eight hours for illegal immigrants but wouldn't do it for this family. it's ridiculous. >> laura: my thought here, and maybe you will disagree, is largely democrats, for all their talk about caring about what happens to the dreamers, they have it in their hand. 1.8 million will get amnesty. i don't agree with it, but they will get it. it seems like they don't want to the deal. am i misreading this? >> i can't speak for anybody, but i will speak for myself. first of all, the last time that we had amnesty was with a republican president and ronald reagan, working with the democratic congress. that was amnesty. now, what point are we going to get over here, are we going to do legalization? something else, i don't know, that is something that we have to work on, but you've got to understand that whatever we do
7:30 pm
changing the dreamers legalization, people like myself that to live at the border, we don't to just come in and spend a few hours and think that we know this because if you look at the crime rate here at the border, according to the fbi statistics, the crime rate here, let's say right at my hometown or just write along the borders, it is lower than at the national crime rate. in fact, the most dangerous thing of being near the border, let me finish. the most dangerous thing here at the border is when i leave to go to work in washington, d.c. i'm not talking about the politics, but the crime rate is much higher in washington, d.c. >> laura: while, i don't even disputes that, but all i can say is fast, we are going to have you back on the radio. it was short because we had to hear pam story, but the idea that we should have more border crossings because it is so safe in laredo, i just don't think that you are going to win a lot of support on that argument. i get what you are saying. >> we will. we will.
7:31 pm
>> it's ridiculous, laura. >> laura: we appreciate it. i hope that we make progress on this. and tonight, the hidden agenda behind the democrats embrace of the #metoo movement. me. the thought of my symptoms returning was keeping me from being there for the people and things i love most. so, i talked to my doctor and learned humira can help get, and keep,uc under control when other medications haven't worked well enough. and it helps people achieve control that lasts so you could experience few or no symptoms. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores.
7:32 pm
don't start humira if you have an infection. be there for you, and them. ask your gastroenterologist about humira. with humira, control is possible. mom anit's not theirs.car... it's mine. mine. mine. and it always will be, forever and forever. the new rx 350l with three rows for seven passengers. experience amazing at your lexus dealer. (announcer) purchase $699 or moret tat helzberg diamonds and get a free megablast waterproof speaker with built-in amazon alexa. a $339.98 value. ♪ wild thing ♪ ♪ you make my heart sing ♪ ♪ you make everything groovy ♪ wild thing, i think i love you ♪
7:33 pm
applebee's handcrafted burgers. any burger just $7.99. now that's eatin good in the neighborhood. it takes a lot of work to run this business. but i really love it. i'm on the move all day long... and sometimes, i don't eat the way i should. so, i drink boost to get the nutrition i'm missing. boost high protein nutritional drink has 15 grams of protein to help maintain muscle and 26 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and vitamin d. all with a great taste. boost gives me everything i need... to be up for doing what i love. boost high protein be up for it
7:34 pm
7:35 pm
>> laura: it's all right, here's where it gets fun. reaction now on democrats weaponizing the #metoo movement. she is a columnist for the washington times, and he is a democratic strategist. richard, you saw the angle. i think people have taken advantage of the #metoo movement. i think it started as applying to everybody, now it is get a trump. >> i understood your theory, it is if you do a good job, you can engage in criminal behavior, it really doesn't matter. >> laura: wears a criminal behavior? >> well, you saw the black eye. >> has it been proven in court? of course not.
7:36 pm
the evidence, if you are a prosecutor between the black eye and the girlfriend and the fbi concluding that he wasn't worthy, that rob porter was not worthy of security clearance, that is a big scandal that countless people are -- >> laura: i think that is a legitimate point, my point is a broader point. and i said that very clearly. i think that president trump it should have immediately said abuse is abuse. i think he knows that. he is frustrated because he knows this. >> he has unclean hands, i am sorry. >> laura: he knows this about someone that he works with. i think he is saying he has gone, i wish him well, let's move onto the business business of the country. my point is a broader point. this movement is being used, not for justice for women, but for really in a targeted way to do which may be bob mueller
7:37 pm
couldn't do, or what hillary could not do. >> absolutely. this movement is about a switch and debate. it started with oprah winfrey saying me too, me too. and you had a hollywood basically using this agenda to make it their platform. we don't need that. what we need to understand, like you said earlier, this is a strong president. women love strong men. that is what we are getting with this president. he is not a reactor. hollywood wants to pivot us away from the dreams that -- american dreams that we are all trying to accomplish in this country. but we can't do that because hollywood wants to run the show. hollywood's need to stay out of politics. >> laura: that they started with one scene, and then kevin spacey, all of these guys, and then it moved over to politics. capitol hill, congress. for years, under the table, right about two blocks from
7:38 pm
here, no one cared about the #metoo movement. they care now because they think that that is their way into this administration. the idea that these democrats who put up with all of this nonsense for years, paul jones, they ridiculed these women. now, suddenly, oh, we care. i'm sorry, but i don't think it is happening. >> here's the problem. donald trump has unclean hands. his own wife, sorry, accused him of rape. >> laura: what are you talking about? >> ivanka trump in her own notebook. >> laura: i actually interviewed her. she likes them very much. >> look at, look at, these 12 women, let's just talk about the due process. >> laura: do you care about any issue that the american people care about? >> the 12 women that accused of donald trump, you can name one
7:39 pm
need to roger wicker, paula jones, the evidence that we have not heard it -- you can name one of them, can you? >> laura: the election occurred after that dump occurred. all of that information was out there, the election occurred, and people thought you know something? late in the game accusations against individuals are hard for a man or a women to dispute. >> do you think that they got due process? >> laura: i don't think that you can have real due process when it is something that is not reported contemporaneously at the time when you file charges, or you go to a higher output. is very difficult. it is very difficult for men or women accused. that is just a fact. it is very difficult. >> you have to understand that you have hollywood -- they are hurting women in this country. there are women who supported mr. trumbo. they love him. >> laura: look at, guys. we are out of time. we are going to go to black.
7:40 pm
here's the deal, maybe at some point, we'll care dumb i could talk about health care, jobs, all of the science of training. but i don't think democrats want those things. i don't think they want to talk about it. it is just the #metoo. maybe it is too much. you guys are great. and the media have discovered the breakout star of the winter olympics. as of the bob's letter? well, pay no attention to the fact that she is a member of one of the world's bloodiest dictatorships. stay tuned. this'll help. rocket mortgage by quicken loans makes the complex simple. so, origination fees... this takes care of it, thank you. understand the details and get approved in as few as 8 minutes. by america's largest mortgage lender. bounce back, right right right, i get it now. ♪ i woke up in beast mode, with my girl that's... ♪
7:41 pm
when heartburn hits... fight back fast with tums smoothies. it starts dissolving the instant it touches your tongue... and neutralizes stomach acid at the source. ♪ tum tum tum tum... smoothies... only from tums on the only bed that adjusts on both sides
7:42 pm
to your ideal comfort, your sleep number setting. does your bed do that? right now, save 50% on the ultimate limited edition bed. ends soon. visit sleepnumber.com fora store near you. you're more than just a bathroom disease..
7:43 pm
you're a life of unpredictable symptoms. crohn's, you've tried to own us. but now it's our turn to take control with stelara® stelara® works differently for adults with moderately to severely active crohn's disease. studies showed relief and remission, with dosing every 8 weeks. stelara® may lower the ability of your immune system to fight infections and may increase your risk of infections and cancer. some serious infections require hospitalization. before treatment, get tested for tuberculosis. before or during treatment, always tell your doctor if you think you have an infection or have flu-like symptoms or sores, have had cancer, or develop any new skin growths, or if anyone in your house needs or recently had a vaccine. alert your doctor of new or worsening problems, including headaches, seizures, confusion, and vision problems. these may be signs of a rare, potentially fatal brain condition. some serious allergic reactions can occur. do not take stelara® if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. we're fed up with your unpredictability. remission can start with stelara®. talk to your doctor today. janssen wants to help you explore cost support options for stelara®.
7:44 pm
>> laura: all the mainstream media are gushing over the sister of north korean dictator, add to the olympics. we are assured that kim yo-jong would be favored to win the gold. forget the atrocities that he inflicts on his own people. let's bring in michael from the center for american progress. micah, let's start with you. i thought that was auto cnn to focus on her, given what we know about what they have done to their own people. i don't know. you can go to the hitler comparison. >> look, i think that a lot of people fell into kim jong un's trap here. this is their diplomatic charm offensive for the olympics. >> laura: f, but why do they buy into it?
7:45 pm
>> it to just really obscured the incredibly important high-level diplomacy that was going on. during this high-level engagement. >> laura: it you are saying that mike pence should have turned around to one of the sister was behind him and given her the thumbs up? what should he have done their customer >> no, he should not have shaken his hand, he could have an auditor, just to acknowledge her presence. but you know, by and large, i think the vice president had a strategy. that was essentially to ignore the north koreans, not to legitimize them. the one big complaint i have about the media is that they didn't cover the vice president when he wanted to the memorial to honor the sailors that north korea killed. he -- they did not say very much about him upbringing the father of otto warmbier to the
7:46 pm
ceremonies. that should have uncovered. >> laura: i read it over the weekend, how can you possibly frame this issue this way? >> no, i agree with that, a year ago, they unveiled this, maximum pressure, maximum engagement, he did a great job when he was there with the maximum pressure. but unfortunately, left out the engagement part of it. and i think the biggest danger there was taking away from this trip what looks to be a growing divide between the united states and south korea, which is an important alliance. >> laura: 15 seconds. the south korean leader is clearly cozying up to north korea. >> also, "the washington post" reported that the vice president and spoke with the south korean president, and they agreed that they would speak with north korea and south korea would continue giving pressure, so i actually think that they divide that everyone talks about is not such a big gap today
7:47 pm
because of what the vice president did. >> laura: all right, guys. very patriotic. mardi gras, events such neither of you have ever seen before right after this. oh, look at it. i was there last night. roadside assistanceur helped him to fix his flat so he could get home safely. my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. don't worry - i know what a lug wrench is, dad. is this a lug wrench? maybe? you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. when you have a cold, stuff happens. [ dog groans ] [ coughs and sneezes ] nothing relieves more symptoms than alka seltzer plus maximum strength liquid gels. looking for a hotel that fits... whoooo. ...your budget?
7:48 pm
tripadvisor now searches over... ...200 sites to find you the... ...hotel you want at the lowest price. grazi, gino! find a price that fits. tripadvisor.
7:49 pm
7:50 pm
7:51 pm
>> laura: i have a little ring that they gave me last night. it is the monday before ash wednesday. it was unbelievable. 50th anniversary rendezvous, watching more than 30 floats and marching bands coming into the convention center at new orleans. it was unbelievable, one of the serial experiences that you really have to see. he found another crew dedicated to honoring our veterans and transforming their lives. watch. ♪ >> in new orleans, along the mississippi, a preparade a party is underway. these are members of a mardi gras group. the host parades and undertake philanthropic works throughout the year. they were founded up by a group of lawyers from new orleans.
7:52 pm
he was one of them. >> a few of us have returned from active duty of serving, and there were no cruise around that would actually honor just a military. and with so many people serving overseas, we wanted to have fun, but we wanted to do something that would honor the military. a fallen soldier, wounded warriors, so many things. >> the organization rolling through the use of streets. this only one, dedicated it to celebrating and populated by veterans. >> as he can see, rain or shine, they are rolling. a little ran could not stop this crew. many of the writers have seen combat in iraq, afghanistan, and vietnam. for some, it is not just a parade, but an experience of joy and healing. fred and bill served in vietnam
7:53 pm
together, but it was the legion of mobs that reunited them and to change them the better. >> everyone knows how we were treated and all of that stuff, ptsd, so my wife's thoughts that it would be a good idea for me, personally, to join a group that was catering to vets. and it has. it has been a blessing. it has kind of brought me out of my shell, gave me an opportunity to meet folks. and i feel a lot more comfortable being around veterans. and active military, so we not only get to interact with people who had served years ago like us, but we also get to interact with the new people, and the people who are serving our country today. >> every branch of the military is honored.
7:54 pm
and before the parade, sensual mention special mention is made. >> we are very appreciative of the people who sponsored us. they really went out of their way to do this for us. and we really appreciated because so many people forgot they vietnam veterans. >> born and raised in a new orleans, this is the first time that i have ever ridden in the parade. >> it's amazing how much support we get from the general public. people really appreciate the military, and that's why it is so important for our members to see that. it is fantastic. >> of all of the cruise, the legion of mars makes it unique. this crew gets something back
7:55 pm
from parade goers, the respect and gratitude that they deserve. fox news, reporting from new orleans. >> laura: that's fantastic. the founders tell us that they named the crew k-r-e-a w after mars, the roman god of war, because he only fought to preserve the peace. next, an adorable addition to the family. and we have photos. ney back on gym memberships. get money back hilarious. with claim-free rewards. switching to allstate is worth it. ( ♪ ) only tena intimates has pro-skin technology designed to quickly wick away moisture to help maintain your skin's natural balance. for a free sample call 1-877-get-tena.
7:56 pm
for a free sample if you have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not an injection or a cream. it's a pill that treats psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable after just 4 months, ... with reduced redness, thickness, and scaliness of plaques. and the otezla prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't use if you're allergic to otezla.
7:57 pm
otezla may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. tell your doctor if these occur. otezla is associated with an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. other side effects include upper respiratory tract infection and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ♪ otezla. show more of you.
7:58 pm
kayak compares hundreds of travel and airline sites so you can be confident you're getting the right flight at the best price. cheers! kayak. search one and done. (keybdear freshpet, tank was overweight and had no energy. until freshpet... put the puppy back in my dog.
7:59 pm
this one's below market price and has bluetooth. same here, but this one has leather seats! use the cars.com app to compare price, features and value. >> laura: before we go, congratulations and a lot of love to angle executive producer tommy firth and his wife cara on the new baby. i cried when i saw this. came into the world on tuesday domain thursday morning and he tells us mom and baby are happy and healthy. big sister poppy is thrilled to
8:00 pm
have another girl in the house. tommy, you are so in trouble, still outnumbered. look at her, she is priceless. can't wait to meet her. enjoy those girls, tommy. that's all the time we have tonight. shannon bream is up next. good night from washington. take it away. >> shannon: it is so nice to ended on a beautiful happy note. we need that good news. congrats to tommy and his wife. here is what we have coming up tonight. >> let's have a plan that is going to pass a law, not pass a bill. >> neither side is going to get everything they want, but that's why it's called a negotiation. >> shannon: is a free-for-all as the senate begins or where open debate on immigration. at stake, the fate of nearly 2 million so-called dreamers. iowa senator joni ernst and six of her g.o.p. colleagues have loathed until mike rolled out a new claim to secure and succeed on immigration. she joins us live. plus. >> let's see

56 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on