Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  March 20, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PDT

2:00 pm
>> kimberly: i am kimberly guilfoyle with juan williams, jesse watters, dana perino and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five" ." it happened again. another package bomb exploded in texas today, a state on high alert. this one set off at a fedex facility near san antonio. on march 2nd, a 39-year-old father killed by a bomb mailed to his house in austin. two days later, to similar attacks. the fourth bomb went on sunday, on the side of the road in a residential neighborhood and rigged with a tripwire. two people were hurt. early this morning, a fifth
2:01 pm
explosion at a fedex facility. one worker was injured. an intense manhunt is currently underway before the killer or killers the strike again. here is president trump. >> the bombings in austin are terrible. local, state, and federal are working hand-in-hand to get to the bottom of it. this is obviously a very, very sick individual or navy individuals. these are sick people. and we will get to the bottom of it. >> kimberly: joining us from austin, texas, casey stegall has been closely following this unsolved mystery. >> good to see you all and be with you. things took a very different turn to a when these unexploded devices were found at fedex distribution locations. at least one we have confirmed for sure. that means now instead of someone just placing these on someone's doorstep like we previously saw or putting it in
2:02 pm
a residential neighborhood with a tripwire, which is what we saw here on sunday, this is where it gets different. now we are talking about someone physically putting a package into the distribution system. they go to giant places like this one back here, multiple fedex locations across central texas being investigated and we want to kind of break them down for you. there's a lot of moving parts and a lot of conflicting information, frankly, that's out there. this is a big location right here in austin and it's on the outskirts of austin-bergstrom international airport. officials say a suspicious package was found here this morning and it has closed the whole thing down. spencer, if you could, my photographer, go to the mobile command unit back there because we should point out there was no explosion here. just a suspicious package.
2:03 pm
the mobile command unit, awesome police a very big presence here in addition to atf and fbi agents. now, the second location, that's in schertz which is near san antonio. a schertz distribution center. that's where the package exploded this morning when it was going down a conveyor belt. you imagine those big amazon distribution sites and the united states postal service, all the mail and packages sorted on those belts, it was going down one of those belts apparently when it went off. fortunately no one was right next to it. no serious injuries. there was some initial talk about a second package that was found at that location. it did not detonate. but that it may be contained explosive material. police have since walked back back at me and said now only one package was found that location, the one that went off. then we have a third spot. that is in sunset valley, which is only 2 miles or so from
2:04 pm
sunday night's crime scene. scene. officials in sunset valley have roped off a fedex store there and the thought is the package that exploded at the distribution center down near san antonio, that it might have originated from that location. again, only 2 miles from sunday's scene. it is a little confusing. you have multiple locations, multiple victims, and a whole lot of concern because again, this is a city on alert. some 420 calls of suspicious packages came in 10911 just in the last 24 hours, according to austin police. you can imagine it is straining the resources. >> kimberly: we have a couple questions. >> dana: casey, what's the advice to the citizens there because 420 packages. if you get that many calls commits going to take a while
2:05 pm
for the police to get there. >> right, but they are wanting to make sure that they docked their i's and cross their t's. that's why governor abbott and others have diverted law-enforcement resources. there are more than 500 federal agents alone. atf, fbi, boots on the ground here and that's not including all of the austin police officers and bomb squads brought in from houston pd and the rest. they are flooding it with resources so they can follow up on every single one of their tips. the primary message being sent to the public is to remain vigilant and if you see something, say something. i was talking about this yesterday and are reporting. we are used to doing that at, say, the airport or big public event, the super bowl. a game or something. however not so much when you are in a residential neighborhood or if you're in a mcdonald's or something, let's say.
2:06 pm
they're asking people if you see something, do not touch it. call police so they can come follow up on it. >> dana: thank you. >> juan: casey, what about copycats? is this the work of one person or multiple people? is there anything like that that's giving us some hint as to what is going on here? and i have a follow-up. >> that's a good question because there is concern always with copycat crimes and that one of the reasons police say they are being very guarded with the information they release. that's why they say they are only similarities with the explosive devices that have gone off so far. they won't go into great detail with that. if they release too much information, something only the bomber or bombers would know themselves, they don't want to put that out there into the public so that people a, don't copy the crime and b, they don't want to jeopardize their investigation.
2:07 pm
right now they don't believe this is a copycat situation. it could be the work of one person or more, they say. frankly, they simply don't know, juan. >> juan: a quick follow-up. initially the two people who died were black men. and then there was a suspicion on the part of the congressional black caucus that they should be identified as a terrorist act and you had the naacp saying to the black community -- but then the last two people injured were white. so where does that stand? >> well, it kind of through the whole targeting motive potentially that was being discussed kind of out the window, is how i gathered it from law enforcement yesterday. because you are right, the first several bombings, the first three that started on march 2nd, 1 man was killed and then ten days later, two people killed in a single blast. these were all packages that were left on a porch.
2:08 pm
they didn't go through a distribution center. they weren't mailed. they were just dropped off the porch overnight. and then the people open them or moved them and caused the explosion. the victims were african-american or latino. and these were in east austin, traditionally known as a lower income area, if you well. so that's where that theory came out that they might've been targeting specific groups of people, a hate crime. but with the tripwire being put on the device sunday, police say that meant it was designed to hurt anybody who discovered it. not a specific person. that kind of took the weight out of the argument a little bit. >> kimberly: casey, thank you. we will take it around the table. greg, your thoughts, in terms of the facts and with the police and authorities know so far. reluctant in the middle of investigation to give out some signature elements of the bombs and how they compared or they
2:09 pm
are dissimilar. >> greg: clearly we don't know much from that. these events show once again how an individual or a group of individuals can command an audience and its as contagious as it is alluring. could be copycats, could be the media focuses on it so heavily that it's irresistible. the challenge in this world is to somehow fight this numerical significance where one person, a shooter or bomber or terrorist, can affect thousands of people or in fact millions because all of the network coverage. he's already affected the world. it will be seen as a success. meanwhile, the real lesson from all this is that, you know, evil deeds succeed with proper planning. as long as you plan ahead. we still don't know anything about vegas. we know nothing. the reason why we don't know anything is because he planned for two years. that's why we have to plan.
2:10 pm
you know, a half a plan cannot go up against a full plan. clearly this is a planned event. we have to learn, we have to plan against these planners. he who plans wins. >> kimberly: all right. dana. >> dana: i know as of yesterday they had 500 federal law enforcement officers on the ground in order to help. that probably has doubled, and it's not just happening in austin. or you have to be vigilant because copycats, if you have something on national media, copycats can happen anywhere in the country. the resources required in order to deal with things like this dove to disrupt plans, if you can. if not, then deal with the aftermath. local law enforcement and state governments are having a big problem on our hands because they got a lot of resources, a lot of things they need to spend money on and there's not enough money to go around. the most important thing is economic growth which thankfully we have right now. but planning ahead. these types of things are going to continue. it's not just localized anymore. it's not going to just be in
2:11 pm
austin. it's going to be all over the world. >> jesse: i will speculate because there's not really anything else to talk about. it's not isis in my opinion because it's not spectacular and there's no video and they have not claimed credit for it so far. the racial angle was interesting because in the beginning it was three minorities. then it was two white men. i don't like how it become so racialized in the beginning. but they are still leaving it open. let's put that aside. to me, it looks like a serial killer who doesn't want to get his hands dirty. someone who enjoys toying with law enforcement and the gamesmanship of it all. and someone who i think is going to get caught pretty soon because there's video cameras all over these distribution centers. whenever you drop off a package. there's going to be surveillance footage. it's obviously someone sophisticated because they have tripwire technology. so it's not an idiot. but it's not someone cia, not that high level. obviously it someone who gets their materials from a local
2:12 pm
store, from what we are hearing from the senators. maybe an anarchist. someone who likes death and destruction. it's really hard to tell. it's just sad because texas and florida at this point have suffered so greatly in the past year, whether it's national disasters, shootings, bombings. it takes a special type of citizen in these two states to reckon with it, and texas, like they always do, is doing a very good job. >> kimberly: also i think what's interesting is they have an unexploded device that they are going to be able to study which is going to be significant. it's almost impossible to not leave some kind of trace of dna or forensics that could be a clue. then you have all the pieces and parts intact, chase back -- trace back the origination. look to see any similarities there and the construction of it can actually show the detail of a particular group, if it's a terrorist or small actor. juan, your comments. >> juan: i think what we know is there's been a variety of delivery methods used on these
2:13 pm
bombs. it's not all the same bomb. today i was watching dana's show at 2:00 and she had an expert who said that the detonation caps are different, and very difficult to obtain. so if you go and find the source, which is what kimberly was suggesting, of the detonation caps or detonation caps that were lost, that's going to be a big clue. >> kimberly: they could be doing that on purpose to obfuscate so they wouldn't be able determine it was a single actor to make it appear as multiple individuals. >> juan: yeah, i don't know. that's what we don't know. it could be one guy has somehow obtained these destination det. i think you have a lot of people at the moment alarmed and uptight. i think that can't be overstated, how nervous people are in austin and what's going on now. why austin? why this moment? it's not clear. >> kimberly: it seemed so far that tone and tenor they are
2:14 pm
looking at, like a serial bomber was being very clever to not reveal himself, not put any manifesto out, avoiding any attempts to communicate with law enforcement or fbi. we expose a major missed opportunity to capture the department school shooter. that's next. ♪
2:15 pm
we the people... are defined by the things we share. and the ones we love. who never stop wondering what we'll do or where we'll go next. we the people who are better together than we are alone... are unstoppable. welcome to the entirely new expedition. brbut how will his dentured to thicope with... a steak. luckily for brad, this isn't a worry because he's discovered super poligrip. it holds his denture tight and helps give him 65% more chewing power. leaving brad to dig in and enjoy the tastiest of t-bones. super poligrip, helping you enjoy the foods you love.
2:16 pm
we're all under one roof now. congratulations. thank you. how many kids? my two. his three. along with two dogs and jake, our new parrot. that is quite the family. quite a lot of colleges to pay for though. a lot of colleges. you get any financial advice? yeah, but i'm pretty sure it's the same plan they sold me before. well your situation's totally changed now. right, right. how 'bout a plan that works for 5 kids, 2 dogs and jake over here? that would be great. that would be great. that okay with you, jake? get a portfolio that works for you now and as your needs change from td ameritrade investment management.
2:17 pm
but their nutritional needs remain instinctual. that's why there's purina one true instinct. real meat #1. a different breed of natural nutrition. purina one true instinct. now, try new purina one true instinct treats.
2:18 pm
>> greg: it's a story that makes you anger every day. document show official suggested that the parkland madman be committed a year or so ago which could have prevented his murder spree. deputy scot peterson was one of those officials so the same
2:19 pm
deputy that sheriff israel through under the bus for not confronting the shooter had actually tried to do the right thing long before that. where was his boss then? getting his face painted on cars? why wasn't the killer nabbed despite all the red flags? what we saw was a county they did half a right thing. they saw something, did nothing. it's an ugly lesson. half a right thing can be worse than one whole wrong thing or pretends to be progress and that prevents real solutions. example: more lenient school discipline has been hailed as progress. but is it? national reviews david french reports in 2013 the broward county school board agreed with law enforcement to limit on-campus arrests. to that effect this case? could be. but we know what went wrong, and it's time to write it. first, fire israel. has there ever been a more incompetent boob in law
2:20 pm
enforcement? let's create a database for sick people tagged in civil court based on testimony by officials, teachers, and so on. if you are on that list, then no guns. that's called a plan. it's not half the plan. it's one that would save 17 -- would have saved 17 lives. jesse, this article, can't remember if it was in "the federalist" or national review about how they decided not to send kids, to get involved with law enforcement. they didn't want kids to go to jail. there has been some talk that that could have been the reason why this guy got through. >> jesse: it could have been. started under the obama administration when they didn't want to unfairly target minority students in public schools because a lot of them were getting arrested. it was having repercussions on going to college and things like that. but at the same time, you have such an egregious case of misbehavior and dangerous behavior from this kid. if you are cutting yourself, if you are thing i want to kill
2:21 pm
someone with a gun, if you're throwing a mother up against the wall. if you are doing all sorts of outrageous things in the event tried to be civilly committed twice, the fbi has been tipped off two or three times, the police have visited your house almost 30 to 50 times. it's not like there were laws and mechanisms in place to prevent this. everything on the state, local, and federal level broke down. if you look at a guy like israel who was taken zero responsibility. cares more about politics and public safety. apparently he doesn't discuss crime. he's about parade routes and whether he can get up which are with politicians. he is not liked among people on the ground there. so he brought all his funky friends from softer law enforcement back present with them in charge of places like parkland. you see what happens. poor training, poor reaction time. the shooting in maryland today is interesting because it was
2:22 pm
done with a pistol. an armed person was at the school and neutralize the shooter before he could do anymore damage. life kind of gives you lessons. to not look at these lessons is just not the right thing. you're not hearing the media talk about an ar-15. you are not hearing the media talk about school safety solutions with armed security guards because it doesn't fit their anti-nra narrative. if you look at what happened in maryland, as a solution to the problem. >> greg: dana, the sheriff is still there. what do you have to do to lose your job in florida? i don't understand it. >> dana: i don't know either. >> greg: [laughs] >> dana: could be a recall, you would imagine. i don't know. i don't know why. i do think it's pretty interesting, the deputy who took so much grief.
2:23 pm
the deputy's lawyer said repeatedly there is more to this story. they were holding back. >> greg: that ticks me off about israel even more. if this guy peterson was trying to get this guy out of the school and if israel did nothing at and then threw him under the bus, what a loathsome creature. terrible. >> kimberly: here's a problem. so many missed opportunities that it really goes back to even in 2016 they had the opportunity to put away nikolas cruz and put him in voluntary confinement. they don't take these opportunities when they know that he is mentally dangerous and unfit person, there by creating a further public safety risk that manifested in the shooting and loss of life. that's a problem, compounded by the lack of leadership by sheriff israel, by the individuals on the scene. a number of missteps that
2:24 pm
resulted in a further additional loss of life. if you look at it, it's sort of a textbook example of how everything sort of went wrong and converged together to this perfect, horrific storm of what happened. it's not just about the gun. it's about what happened in the steps and if you miss those pieces of the puzzle, it's going to repeat itself. it's not just about the weapons. whether it's bombs, detonator caps, pressure cookers, whether it's the car you drive into a crowd, anything like that, if the intention is there and you do not see that that person is a threat, picking up the signals includes an intelligence gathering to prevent it, that's the first step. if you get to that piece, you don't even get to the gun. >> greg: juan, not to knock law enforcement. we don't hear about the acts prevented. there are things like this every day that have probably been stopped. in this case, this may be the most preventable guns.
2:25 pm
i think i've ever seen. vegas, i wouldn't know how to stop that. >> kimberly: they were called 29 times, the sheriff's department. >> juan: i feel like i am in support of gun control and i look at the polls, i see most americans, most gun owners are in support some kind of increasing background checks, not allowing weapons of war to be sold and the like. people want to close gun show loopholes and the like. i'm listening i think the nra line is oh, gosh, you know. this is the result of inadequate law enforcement. it's not about access to guns. but i think access to guns is a part of the equation. >> greg: that's why the civil tag in a court would do that. if you said okay, the school officials and the family members and whoever, police, knew this guy was a problem. that would -- he can't get a
2:26 pm
gun. there's no place to put this guy yet. except an institution. >> juan: you are talking about the sheriff who has his own problems. i think in fact as you say, the deputy on the school grounds had said this guy should be put away under the baker act or whatever. and then you get the social workers and therapists saying no, it wasn't the sheriff was said no. it was the mental health community that said no at the time to this person. i don't know why. it would be interesting to see those records. but i will note i was reading about this guy, israel, the sheriff. he is so interesting. he was a republican who pushed to be a democrat and he is a crony of roger stone. every story. >> kimberly: they brought that up three weeks ago. where have you been? >> greg: a crisis for something called facebook. i don't know what that is. you could simulate exhilaration
2:27 pm
or you can experience it for real, at the lexus command performance sales event. current qualified lexus owners can get up to $1,000 cash on select 2018 is models for these terms. experience amazing at your lexus dealer.
2:28 pm
on a perfect car, then smash it into a tree. your insurance company raises your rates. maybe you should've done more research on them. for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise your rates due to your first accident. switch and you could save $782 on home and auto insurance. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
2:29 pm
each unique piece comes to life in the same way...ands. a messy, sloppy, splattery way. but now she's found a way to keep her receipts tidy, even when nothing else is. brand vo: snap and sort your expenses with quickbooks and find, on average, $4,340 in tax savings. smarter business tools for the world's hardest workers. quickbooks. backing you.
2:30 pm
i accept i don't i even accept i i used thave a higher risk of stroke due to afib, a type of irregular heartbeat not caused by a heart valve problem. but no matter where i ride, i go for my best. so if there's something better than warfarin, i'll go for that too. eliquis. eliquis reduced the risk of stroke better than warfarin, plus had less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis had both. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily... and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. i'm still going for my best. and for eliquis. ask your doctor about eliquis.
2:31 pm
♪ >> jesse: it's a controversy that's revived the conversation about social media manipulation in the 2016 election. facebook is being investigated by the ftc after the personal data of 50 million users ended up in the hands of a firm that helped elect president trump. lawmakers also want answers. facebook execs will be meeting with them. greg, the story. [laughter] >> greg: one big nerd fight. >> dana: i can nerd site. >> greg: can we move on from this election? it's going to be six years and they are going to be replaying november 8. this is another ping-pong story. facebook helped trump. actually no, they also helped obama and they wanted to help hillary. this is one of those things
2:32 pm
nobody cares about. >> jesse: that's why we are doing it on "the five." >> dana: i think a lot of people do care about it. >> greg: a few important people. >> dana: interesting crosscurrents. the left is mad at facebook because they are saying facebook helped president trump. the right is magic facebook for the either reality or the perception of the suppression of conservative viewpoints based on the algorithm that has suppressed the amount of conservative news you might get in your feed. the solution that everyone is starting to talk about, we've been talking about it for a little bit, is the government and government regulations. privacy is an issue that everyone deals with differently. the europeans allow consumers to control what happens to their privacy. china, it's like the government controls everything. in america, we have allowed the free market to decide this, and i think we are going down some kind of slippery slope.
2:33 pm
with the ftc getting involved, the fee for a find like this. user is $40,000. if the ftc which they have already asked facebook to come and do a presentation for them about what happened, if they were to find them for all those users, it would be $2 trillion. >> jesse: that's a lot of money. the ceo mark zuckerberg apparently not really involved in the damage control. did not speak to the employees today. he's been pretty silent about this. i don't know where he is. people are calling for his head after the stock price has been plummeting. juan, how do you feel? >> juan: i think the big story and i was struck that the guy who runs cambridge analytica who was accused of illegally accessing this information from facebook was then taped by british media as saying oh, yeah, we can find other ways to influence elections. we will set people up with prostitutes. we can find out about people's
2:34 pm
weaknesses. as a result now cambridge analytica has moved on from him or asked him to step down. >> greg: okay, how come some hidden videos are more important than others? >> jesse: i want to see the raw footage of that. >> greg: who is the guy? james o'keefe. that video is terrible but this is okay. >> juan: this guy is talking as though if he's trying to sell his services, cambridge analytica. >> dana: the right has learned from the left. >> kimberly: here is some consensus. republicans and democrats have become equally frustrated with the influence and power of individuals like mark zuckerberg, facebook, google and their untoward influence on political ideology, on campaigns in partisan politics. like dana said, suppression of what appears to be conservative viewpoints.
2:35 pm
the lifting up of perhaps liberal or democratic, depending on their ideological persuasion. this tape and everything people find compelling and interesting because it sort of the back story to what you suspected and what you thought was going on having that untoward influence. it is a compelling story. people do care about it. i think it's a larger picture, something that needs to be examined because they are doing all of this data mining and getting all the personal information that venice very valuable to be able to affect not only consumers but the choices you make at the ballot box. >> juan: yes, and for 2018, we've got to stop this. >> kimberly: can i get an amen? >> greg: everyone is after everyone's information and we do the same. >> jesse: we want to be able to check the box and say you can look at my information not have to be shared with everybody. >> greg: no one wants to share your info. >> dana: that's the problem. they took yours and all of your friends. that's why they are in so much trouble. >> jesse: major setback for
2:36 pm
the driverless vehicle injury after a self-driving cars strikes and kills a pedestrian. greg is going to have some explaining to do. s first state-of-the-art drone testing facility in central new york and the mohawk valley, which marks the start of our nation's first 50-mile unmanned flight corridor. and allows us to attract the world's top drone talent. all across new york state, we're building the new new york. to grow your business with us in new york state, visit esd.ny.gov. to grow your business with us in new york state, how much money do you think you'll need in retirement? then we found out how many years that money would last them. how long do you think we'll keep -- oooooohhh! you stopped! you're gonna leave me back here at year 9? how did this happen? it turned out, a lot of people fell short, of even the average length of retirement. we have to think about not when we expect to live to, but when we could live to.
2:37 pm
let's plan for income that lasts all our years in retirement. prudential. bring your challenges.
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
2:40 pm
>> juan: self-driving cars were billed as the wave of the future. the technology was supposed to be safer than humans behind the wheel but now that's very much in question after one of the vehicles claimed the life of a pedestrian. an autonomous car operated by uber struck and killed a woman on the street in tempe, arizona, this weekend. the company has suspended all of its testing. let me go to my legal expert. >> kimberly: i was very worried about this. >> juan: you have a car but it did have a human being behind the wheel. he didn't do anything. as the company liable? who is liable? >> kimberly: everyone. it's a big problem. this is what i was worried about.
2:41 pm
they are jumping ahead in the technology. uber eats, that was cool. not the driverless cars. i feel very unsafe in a situation like this. i feel nervous even in one of the cars that don't have the keys in them. to turn on or off. something about control, to be able to know you can navigate. what if you can't take control back of the car. this happened already this quickly? this is what people were most worried about? huge liability issue. now they are on notice so if they don't shut it down or make manifest changes, you're going to see all kinds of lawsuits coming in. i think it's problematic for wilbur. this is the type of thing that could bankrupt the company quick. >> greg: i have to disagree. >> kimberly: you don't even drive. you basically crawl around. >> greg: the police chief said the car is likely not at fault. there's video footage inside the car that may or may not prove it. the victim was 100 yards from the crosswalk.
2:42 pm
she walked from a median into traffic. the person in the car said it happened in a flash. this would've happened whether somebody was driving the car or not. 6,000 pedestrians are killed by human-driven cars every year. last week we saw two children get mowed down by a driver. female driver. hit the mother, the mother survived. she was a disoriented driver. she had a seizure. that happens 6,000 times. self-driving cars, they don't text. they don't have heart attacks, they don't drive drunk. so the passengers can. all of the self-driving cars doing is replacing the distractions human beings can't eliminate from their lives. i am just telling you. >> kimberly: you are making an argument for this, for the idea of the self-driving car. >> greg: absolutely. >> kimberly: there was a pedestrian that was negligent, that's going to go into a legal
2:43 pm
issue. >> juan: let me go to jesse. greg makes the case for the autonomous car. i was looking at statistics said humans kill one other human for every 100 million miles driven. autonomous cars have already killed one and they are nowhere near that number. is it the case, and we won't know until autonomous cars go a million miles, if there are as dangerous as cars driven by humans. >> jesse: i don't think we have the data. i think i agree with your points. this woman may have gone into the middle-of-the-road and you couldn't have done anything to stop it. with that said, i still like the idea of humans driving because i think driving involves the human touch. it involves instinct. it involves memory. you hear things. say, for instance, you know the neighborhood and you are driving down the street, you know that the smiths have five boys and they like to play baseball. you slow down when you get around that term because you know the boys like to run into
2:44 pm
the street or you know if you are in the snow or you're in a dangerous neighborhood. knowing there is an experienced human being there who can make quick turns. i like the idea of humans involved in this beautiful mosaic in these streets together. you put a robot in there and it takes away. >> greg: this is so robotic. >> jesse: maybe it is but i don't like introducing something without a spirit, like a dog. >> dana: i have the solution. driverless cars need backseat drivers. i am so good at warning my husband about every possible danger. he gets really annoyed with me. but a robot would not get mad at me if i am telling him, that thing i do, someone is about to step in the crosswalk.
2:45 pm
this can actually be a very good thing. you could employ a lot of people who can sit in the back of these driverless cars as a backseat driver. >> juan: if you are the governor of arizona, do you say stop it? >> dana: he signed an executive order saying that drivers of autonomous vehicles were liable. >> greg: i know we have to go but this is important. our ancestors were really brave. they accepted the risk accompanied with the automobile invention. they place themselves into tons of metal and hurtled themselves down the road. air travel, all those people assumed at some point they could die. when you are evolving technology that will be a risk, whether you like it or not, this is the way. >> jesse: you fly on the pilotless plane. >> greg: we already do. >> kimberly: the one -- >> juan: another celebrity running for office.
2:46 pm
this time, a star of "sex and the city." next. in drug stores nationwide. prevagen. the name to remember. oh! there's one.a "the sea cow"" manatees in novelty ts? surprising. what's "come at me bro?" it's something you say to a friend. what's not surprising? how much money matt saved by switching to geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more. and made it liberating. we took safe... and made it daring.
2:47 pm
we took intelligent, and made it utterly irresistible. we took the most advanced e-class ever... and made the most exciting e-class ever. the 2018 e-class coupe and sedan. lease the e300 sedan for $569 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer. mercedes-benz. the best or nothing.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
>> expressing genuine emotion and old-fashioned way. >> is not genuine. i can't stand it. that's why i proposed to steve
2:50 pm
over $3 beers. >> dana: another tv celebrity is hoping to start a career in politics. actress cynthia nixon announced her bid yesterday for governor of new york with a campaign ad on twitter. challenging andrew cuomo. early polls put cuomo far ahead of nixon. i think it's pretty unfair to say president trump was a celebrity since he had been involved in politics for quite a while and was a successful business person. i think you're going to like this. three main problems. >> greg: i keep thinking about her boyfriend, steve. >> dana: do you want to hear my three things? three clinton problems. suspected of being too middle-of-the-road for an angry base. his ethical problems are running rampant in the office. and he's not a good candidate. yet his presidential ambitions never die. >> greg: i look at new york
2:51 pm
and i see another state republicans have given up on. we don't even bother. it's like we are not even tryin trying. republicans are training wheels for society. when you get a republican in power, you get a strong economy, strong defense, strong everything. because everything is going so great, you decide no one needs the training wheels anymore. so let's elect a democrat. case in point, giuliani. then you get training wheels. take them off, you get de blasio. you can't have a de blasio or a cuomo without the training wheels of the republican before him. you take two steps forward, you get two steps back with the democrat. >> dana: she has said that cuomo is a centrist, that's an accusation. for a democrat where the anti-trump fervor is running hot, that makes sense. >> jesse: only makes sense in new york. he has raised minimum wage, strict gun control, band fracking, same-sex marriage.
2:52 pm
highest state income taxes. >> dana: what more could you want? >> jesse: millions of people are leaving new york state. if he is a centrist, what is de blasio? she says she wants to fix the new york city subway system. i am all for that. >> dana: went to get on the subway today and it wasn't working. the >> kimberly: problem. i have that fear. i just don't go there. >> dana: juan, do you think she's got a shot? >> juan: yeah, if you ask people do you want governor to have a third term, 48% say yes and 47% say no. so the polls right now totally favored cuomo but this would be a third term, and that is tricky territory. and she's a celebrity and her announcement and all that became a viral thing on twitter. in new york and nationally. >> dana: you can get attention, that's for sure. >> greg: and she is an unqualified lesbian.
2:53 pm
and four kids, we're busy. auto insurance, homeowner's insurance, life insurance policies. knowing that usaa will always have my back... that's just one less thing you have to worry about. i couldn't imagine going anywhere else. they're like a friend of the family. we are the cochran family, and we'll be usaa members for life. save by bundling usaa home and auto insurance. get a quote today.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
♪ >> kimberly: all right, it's time for "one more thing." jesse? >> jesse: this video is inspiring for me personally. it reminds me of the last segment were i was trying to create an argument against robotic cars. take a look. >> okay.
2:57 pm
>> jesse: the kid finally did it, just like i did in the break. i totally nailed the robotic car argument. greg had no response. i think he's changed his opinion. >> greg: oh, i have. i have. >> kimberly: that was really interesting. juan? >> juan: good baseball news for kids in baltimore. the orioles are starting a promotion which kids under the age of nine can attend games for free. you heard that right. free! if an adult buys a ticket for the upper deck, two kids get in for nothing. the family-friendly idea for a city where a lot of kids are growing up poor and have never been able to get into a major baseball game. it is helpful for working-class families. other major league baseball teams would be smart to pick up on this one. >> kimberly: juan, i like that
2:58 pm
idea. kids love baseball. it's a nice family bonding time. let's talk about moms, shall we? they say that her mother's job is never done. believe me, that is true. a study of 2,000 american moms with kids between the ages of five and 12 and they found that a working mom clocks and on average 14 hours a day seven days a week, that is nearly 100 hours, which is equivalent to working two and a half full-time jobs. i'm telling you, it's true. that is nearly -- i guess a working mother might've even said that mom's only average about an hour and 7 minutes after themselves every day. that is all they get. everything else is devoted to the family. can you imagine not? single moms, working moms, that's a lot. okay. >> dana: they don't get to say they're tired. >> kimberly: happy mother's day early, may 16th. >> dana: my turn. today is national agricultural day, we want to tip our hat as vice president mike pence ms secretary of agriculture do
2:59 pm
today in washington. they want to honor the farmers, ranchers, all the people that work in the agricultural industry. vice president pence says agriculture is the essence of america and it is a beating heart of a great nation. it is about 8% of our gdp, and for every $1 billion, 8,000 american jobs. >> jesse: really good one, dana. >> greg: when your mom emailed you and says, a lot of stats today, she was being sarcastic. >> dana: you should have seen your faces when i have stats. greg. >> greg: i hate these people! >> dana: farmers. >> greg: people with stats. i call the service interrupters. you were in line at a drugstore and you are getting your stuff and somebody comes from the other side and says, there is something i'll four that says it's for sale but it's not for sale. the people that interrupt -- you
3:00 pm
are getting our food, you are sitting at their table, the person is coming, someone comes in and goes, "excuse me" -- i don't care! >> kimberly: such your dvr dvrs and never miss an episode of "the five" or this lunatic. "special report" of next. >> bret: another package bomb explodes in texas is a desperate hunt for a serial bomber expands from austin to san antonio. president trump meets with saudi arabia's reformist crown prince, i'll speak with the kingdom's foreign minister on a of issues. and we talked to house speaker paul ryan about his transformation from budget talk to defense talk is another fiscal cliff looms. if this is "special report." ♪ good evening and welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. we begin with a frantic search for a bomber in the lone star state. another package bombing in texas. a device exploded early this morning at a fedex

47 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on