Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  April 17, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PDT

2:00 pm
>> dana: i am dana perino. this is a fox news alert. terrifying ordeal and the skies, southwest airlines jetblue and engine today in midair while on its way to new york city, living in opening the plane that nearly sucked somebody out. one passenger is dead. julie banderas joins us from our newsroom with the full story. julie. >> that's right, one person died, several injured. this southwest airlines jet, the engine exploded in midair. 30,000 feet in the sky. the flight from new york to dallas made an emergency landing in philadelphia this morning. in the thick of it all, a harrowing rescue in midair. multiple reports, witnesses saw a piece of shrapnel from the
2:01 pm
engine blew out a window and a female passenger was partially sucked out of the window before her fellow flyers scrambled to her rescue. she unfortunately later died, still unknown what her injuries were that caused her death, sadly. listen to one passenger describe his horror story. >> totally surreal. my wife is in her third trimester with our first child. i spent a lot of flying time trying to articulate what i wanted my words to be to my unborn child. to my wife. my parents. >> unbelievable. the faa says the emergency landing on flight 1380 happened at 11:20 this morning after the crew reported damage to the engine, fuselage, and window. passenger seen exiting the plane
2:02 pm
using the air stairs. some passengers have been sharing their harrowing stories on social media. marty martin as live on facebook. you see him wearing an oxygen mask. "engine exploded in the air and blue open window 3 feet away from me. imagine that." he says the explosion injured a female sitting in the seat next to the window. the plane departed from laguardia, tracking data shows it was heading west over abruptly turning toward philadelphia. dana comeau new look at these pictures, you have to wonder how incredible and how many heroes were on board that plane, not just the pilots to land with one engine, but the crewmembers and passengers on board that tried to save this woman. sadly, she later died at the hospital. >> dana: is a confirmed it was the same woman? >> we do believe it is the same woman but we don't know exactly
2:03 pm
what the cause of her death was. what we do know she was hit in the head by shrapnel. we don't know if she was conscious or not when she was sucked through the whole of the window. it's a very horrifying story. >> dana: thank you, appreciate your reporting. the ntsb is on the ground. it's the first passenger fatalities since 2009 on the u.s. airline. >> kimberly: pretty good track record. very sad. our thoughts and prayers go to the family of the woman who is deceased, the reporting julie just did. obviously airplanes are safe. people say generally flying is safer than driving but sometimes these type of catastrophes, unforeseen, can happen. we see here, people jumping and trying to help one another. the thoughts and reflections about your life. you get up in the morning. we expect we are going to go to bed that night. gives you a bit of pause to say sometimes totally random things can happen. out of the blue, and in the blue, like this situation. they will do a full and thorough
2:04 pm
investigation, get all the forensics, find out what happened, and then there will be issues as to whether or not there's any culpability, liability and powder southwest. in terms of engine logs or records, maintenance logs for the airplane. to determine if there is any kind of forewarning that something might've been wrong before this happened. >> juan: dana, when you said nothing since 2009, you are exactly right. but for me, is a frequent flyer gambler, i always think if i get on a big plane, i'm not going to have a problem. the small planes, going back to '09, there was a small plane that had a deicing problem in buffalo. before that, you go back to 2006, and it was a small plane coming out of kentucky. it had a short runway, didn't quite get up and then crashed. then you lose, i think in most cases, you lost 45, 50 people. in this case, you are in a big plane, boeing 737. they never have problems. i don't know when the last time
2:05 pm
the engine exploded. you never hear this. it's an extra ordinary event for people who flight. we all think american aviation is so safe. the big planes never have a problem. >> dana: people worry about props. >> juan: i don't like getting on a little plane, but this is a big one. >> jesse: it's why i only fly private. really the only way to go. [laughter] >> dana: that is good to know, jesse. >> kimberly: every man, so relatable. >> juan: a man of the people. >> dana: leaving new york on the way to dallas, and then to philly, probably a long 20 minutes. >> jesse: i have had this happen to me once. it wasn't obviously the severe but i remember texting my mother, saying "i love you," thinking i was going to go down. >> greg: what did she text back? >> kimberly: what was the mom text? >> jesse: when they are doing the safety demonstration, pay attention. you are in the exit row, you don't know how to operate the air mask.
2:06 pm
it's important. looks like there were a lot of heroes out there. you take safety for granted when you fly in this country. this never happens in america, and it shouldn't happen in america. we are to advance into well-regulated. obviously this was a freak accident. in the investigation is going to show what happened. but you hear about this and other countries a lot, and africa and egypt, malaysia, ukraine. it speaks to how kind of advanced and proficient the american airline industry is. i hope southwest does right by these passengers and gives them more than a free upgrade for the next light. they have to take care of these people. this is one of the things that will leave you scarred forever. the stock price has taken a huge slide to make a murder covered a little bit. southwest rained really high, according to the other airlines. but if the same time, they've had a lot of p.r. disasters. they've had computers crashed. they've had these emotional support dogs bite people. they have had fights, had to drag women out, they were fighting and kicking and screaming. the overbooked flights.
2:07 pm
they don't do that anymore. hopefully southwest can recover from this, and all these people i hope are recovering too. >> dana: greg, one thing that's different now even since 2009, the last time there was of italian plane, social media and now allows you to actually be experiencing it and sing it. -- saying it. as julie was saying, it's quite caring. we probably wouldn't have known it before. >> greg: we probably wouldn't have lead with it. i don't think we should have led with the story. there are 40 million flights a year, not a single commercial jet fatality in 2017. but you can't lead a show with flights that land safely. because that's boring. but your .., it is a very good point, you have the video that makes it more interesting. sometimes it makes a story bigger than it should be. in many different ways. >> jesse: , you see the flight tracker's coming to the video,
2:08 pm
all the flights going every inch of the country, how safe it actually is. never happens. thousands of flights up in the air all at once. it's amazing how they are able to sure everyone lance safely. >> greg: 600,000 people die every year from heart disease. i guess that's not as exciting a visual. >> juan: there is something serious here. my old boss, ben bradley, used to say we don't cover all of the safe landings. that's your point. at the same time, understand what happens with someone in a window seat being pulled out of the window while the plane is in the air, greg, and other people are over there. according to the accounts on board, she was bleeding. there's blood all over. it's a pretty wild experience. >> dana: what happens, kimberly, from the legal standpoint. the southwest lawyers, ntsb lawyers et cetera and possibly for the passengers?
2:09 pm
>> kimberly: obviously there's probably going to be a tremendous amount of civil lawsuits. it's going to depend on the results of the investigation, what they determined happened. whether it was human error or any kind of conscious disregard for known risk. acting in defiance of that or negligence or saying we will let this plane fly for however many more hours when perhaps they shouldn't have. we don't know this but these are the type of things they will be looking for in terms of the record. they are pretty scrupulous in terms of how we keep our records and the flight tracking, maintenance. it's very important because one time is one time too many. if you let a plane go up and they air and cleared to fly and something is terribly amiss. things can happen in general. if there's any idea of something that's malfunctioning or engine lights going on or something like that, very curious to see the flight history for the past, say, 50 or 100 flights that this particular airplane went on. generally speaking, phenomenal aeronautics for a 737.
2:10 pm
proved to be very reliable, tremendous safety record. we'll have to see what went wrong here and how southwest can improve upon it. they do a lot of short flights come equipped commuter flights. >> dana: all right, stormy daniels appears on tv again, this time revealing a sketch of the man she says threatened her to keep quiet about her alleged affair with president trump. that and more, coming up. ♪
2:11 pm
hey, sir lose-a-lot! thou hast the patchy beard of a pre-pubescent squire! thy armor was forged by a feeble-fingered peasant woman... your mom! as long as hecklers love to heckle, you can count on geico saving folks money. boring! fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. and it's also a story mail aabout people and while we make more e-commerce deliveries to homes than anyone else in the country, we never forget... that your business is our business the united states postal service. priority: you
2:12 pm
2:13 pm
not having a good breakfast can make you feel like your day never started. get going with carnation breakfast essentials®. it has protein, plus 21 vitamins and minerals including calcium and vitamin d, to help your family be their best. carnation breakfast essentials®.
2:14 pm
>> jesse: today stormy daniels appeared live on "the view" with her attorney. they unveiled a sketch of the man she says threatened her seven years ago to keep quiet about her alleged affair with
2:15 pm
president trump. they are offering a $100,000 $10 reward for information. a lot of people are asking why are they going through all of this now? what is their end game? here where their answers. >> i think we've been clear all along for weeks we want the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth. >> on the selfish note, it's my chance to defend myself to make people realize how and why this happened, so i can tell my side. if i can inspire or convince a woman who feels that she has been intimidated or bullied or is too afraid to come forward to an accuser, an attacker, that i am happy. you absolutely have the right committee should stand up for yourself and you should not be afraid or bullied. >> jesse: stormy and avenatti showed up yesterday at michael cohen's court appearance to block prosecutors from blocking files he's in fbi raid. meghan mccain was suspicious about why they were there. >> it seems like a publicity stunt on some level. i think yesterday, because you didn't have anything to do with the case, it seemed a little bit
2:16 pm
like you were trying to get attention, which i understand that you're being sued by our president. but it does seem like you are benefiting a lot. >> yes, i've got more bookings than usual but i'm doing the job i've been doing for almost 20 years. there's a lot of publicity, but i didn't do it for that because this isn't what i want to be known for. as a matter of fact, i had for quite a while. it's overwhelming and intimidating and downright scary a lot of times. >> jesse: let's put the sketch back up on the screen, please. if we could all see the sketch. we are not making fun of the sketch because she does believe she was threatened. greg, what do you think about the sketch and the appearance? >> greg: i have to say i agree with joy behar. didn't she say he's very handsome? very handsome. i thought it was john bon jovi. >> jesse: resemblance. >> greg: it smells a little fishy to me. if you want to find this guy, he should be offering a reward because i don't see how this is
2:17 pm
going to help you find anybody. it looks like a stock shot of a model. it looks like they have taken something out of a catalog. >> juan: i think they are offering a reward. >> kimberly: $100,000. >> greg: that's a start. the real injustice of the stormy saga is that i had to watch "the view." we have to remind everybody, this is not some noble crusade to write the injustices of a victim. this is to unseat a president. we should admit this is all born from in a rational reaction to an election that was lost and we are devoting a lot of time to distracting the president from running things. that's the point, to handicap a president. >> jesse: dana, if you have asking about her end game. i did a deep dive on this segment. she has doubled her appearance fees. she is now making 75k which is about as much as greg gets paid for a speech. a lot of money.
2:18 pm
she makes $75,000, and she is doing a nationwide strip club tour. she has been to vegas in new york and d.c. that's kind of how she's profiting. >> dana: my point is, actually when i say end game, what i want to know is, if i'd a chance to ask her, and the kind of asked her this. what does she see as a successful conclusion to this? unless she doesn't want a conclusion. maybe that's part of it. she says she wants the chance to defend herself and the chance to tell her full story. i don't know what's left of the story to tell. >> jesse: i don't know either, and i don't think anybody knows exactly how this case. >> greg: the point is that the story has to keep shifting, right? >> jesse: they love these appearances with michael cohen, and they are probably going to be at every single one of them come as they move forward. juan, what do you think about stormy daniels? any advice for dana, who was going to be on "the view"
2:19 pm
thursday? >> dana: not talking about this. >> kimberly: don't conflate the story. >> juan: oh, my gosh. let's take her at her word for a second. she says she doesn't like being bullied and intimidated. if you take her at her word, she is saying that the tactics used against her were apparently the man in the sketch shows up in a parking lot and threatened her and her child. with something that puts a fair death in her. there is michael cohen. michael cohen's motives of her and i, his tactics are hush money and in imitation. telling people if you publish this, we are going to go after you. it's the end of your life. we know the "national enquirer" also was paying off people to keep quiet. there's a lot of stuff around here that, it just strikes me as threatening. i am surprised that she has continued in this way because i think most people would have backed out by now.
2:20 pm
as you point out, though, jesse, she is being sued. >> jesse: yes, because she broke the nda. >> juan: that gives her an incentive to say oh, no, you think you are going to shut me up again? i'm not going to do it. i don't know how to judge all that. i am just a witness but i wouldn't necessarily kidnap her or, greg says it's all about politics. i don't think that this is a political player. >> greg: i don't think she is the bad person in this. one of the things i pointed out a long time ago, no one has ever bashed her. we have always been, we've never denied one thing she said. i believe everything that she says about the relationship with trump. it's not about that. it's about the people surrounding this and how they are using this to unseat a president. >> jesse: kimberly, she is very good at self-promotion. she is competitive, she's been a successful performer in the industry. she has won many awards, and she obviously is a smart businesswoman. >> dana: are you really did do a lot of research. >> jesse: i researched this
2:21 pm
segment. >> greg: even before the name ever came up. you've been on top of the story for years. >> jesse: kimberly, save me, please. >> kimberly: on behalf of your mother, i am going to save you. >> jesse: i hope she is not watching. >> kimberly: here's the deal, her career thrives on publicity, promotion, marketing. we would be naive to suggest otherwise. she is being honest, saying i've been doing these appearances. i'm getting more money, double the amount of bookings. she's acknowledging she's profiting from this whole experience. do i still think it's been tough on her? seems to be, as she relays what happened, the person who threatened her, they put up this sketch, the whole deal. they are covering their bases but i agree with meghan mccain that she showed up at the courthouse, then they went and rushed to the podium afterwards to my prepared comments, to do this and try to milk this for as long as you can. what do we know about this
2:22 pm
relationship with the president? was it a relationship? sounds like a transaction, to be honest. she's a businesswoman. she was there with him. there is one occasion have been asked about some communication. and then they threatening. >> greg: it was never a big deal. it was a transaction. until she became a pond. if you look at the old interviews, i think it was "in touch weekly," people knew about this. i think she was okay, she was okay with it. and then it changed. when it became, when he became president and there was politics involved. >> dana: it changes also because she never said anything. she did not break the nda until "the wall street journal" ran a news story about it in january. that's when, maybe that's when they decided this could be our vehicle to help unseat the president. she didn't break the nda until the news story broke and then she said she wanted to defend herself. >> jesse: nc dana on "the
2:23 pm
view" thursday. governor jerry brown taking aim at fox news next. (burke) at farmers, we've seen almost everything so we know how to cover almost anything. even "close claws." (driver) so, we took your shortcut, which was a bad idea. [cougar growling] (passenger) what are you doing?
2:24 pm
(driver) i can't believe that worked. i dropped the keys. (burke) and we covered it. talk to farmers, we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two. ♪ we are farmers. bum-pa-dum, bum-bum-bum-bum ♪
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
♪ >> kimberly: a new showdown between president trump and california. mr. trump chided the state's governor on twitter saying "looks like jerry brown and california are not looking for safety and security along their very porous border." responding to the president, governor brown said he believes there is a compromise to be made on sending national guard troops to the border to help the feds but believes the administration is waging war against his state. >> is this a were in california? is it a war on the engine of our
2:28 pm
american economy and innovation question or go to silicon valley. these are people who come from somewhere else. this is the genius of america. we didn't get built on just being indigenous people. we destroyed the indigenous people. we should remember that as we chart our rules. they are paralyzed because the republican party is this narrow group of fearful people, that's how they get elected. >> kimberly: and then there is this. griff jenkins caught up with brown to get answers on some of the controversial practices in california and the governor blames, of course, fox news for exploiting these issues. >> the leaders of these local communities from mayors to sheriffs, are saying that your law favors the right of chemical illegal aliens over the rights of and safety of this communities. >> absolutely false. i would like to see a scintilla
2:29 pm
of evidence to support the outlandish fox prepositions. we have fake news. we have fox news too. >> families of criminal illegal aliens to say that if the law had not been in play. >> i think fox news exploits this issue. >> kimberly: taking a shot. greg, >> greg: you and i share something in common. we both had to endure jerry brown twice. there are 7 billion people on the planet and he got to be governor of california twice. >> kimberly: and mayor of oakland. >> greg: he was the worse part of my childhood. bring back my chicken pox. he was governor of california wants and he was terrible. and they brought him back. bring back the gas crisis with a drought. bring back all the horrible things about california that happened under this guys watch. i don't understand. why does california keep going back to a ex who made their
2:30 pm
lives miserable in the '70s. >> kimberly: not me. >> greg: you can't choose the loss to follow that you like. it doesn't make any sense. can i go to california right now decide to violate certain laws because i don't like them? will they protect me if i decide i want a sanctuary city for my own criminality? if laws aren't followed by everybody, they are whims. >> kimberly: are like that. >> greg: thank you. it's a t-shirt. >> kimberly: dana, what do you make of it? taking a strong stance and position against fox news. blaming fox i guess for the facts of what have occurred. he is basically on defense because he is in this battle with the president which has been ongoing on this issue. >> dana: not just the the president. there are several cities that have rejected the states plan for the century state and saying we don't want to be part of it. want to be exempted from it. to the point that if he doesn't
2:31 pm
like the laws, and california has more congressional members than anybody, than any other state i believe, they could try to change the laws. the fact is, they will of the people, those laws are not going to change. people actually want these laws are enforced. his problem is not just with the president. i think he's probably feeling a lot more political heat than he anticipated, and that's why he took the shot at fox news because it's the easy shot. changing the law is much harder. >> kimberly: exactly. listen to both sides and do something about it. >> jesse: i agree. it was a lazy, cheap shot and an easy way out when you are faced with a tough question. what do you say to the victims of illegal alien criminals? he could have said something heartfelt and maybe tried to bridge the divide but he exploited his and i think move people away. california has been at war with the federal government for years. they've been at war over immigration, climate, marijuana, everything. there's always california and there's always the rest of the country. that's not new. the border patrol, they are
2:32 pm
getting freed up by the national guard. the national guard is not apprehending people. they are doing stuff off the front lines to support. if i was an illegal alien and i was poor and i have no future, i would come to this country too. at the same time, you have to respect the line. you have to respect the law. you can't let everybody come in, or else it cheapens the entire system. california is paying the price of this. the cost of illegal immigration, according to the latest study, $23 billion. that's a lot of money that tax payers are paying. you can't say they make up with it with the farmworkers. >> kimberly: juan, do you echo the sentiments of the governor? >> juan: i do. the governor said clearly he was sending the troops to the border, and president trump congratulated him and thanked him and then there was the question, where, how come california with a democratic
2:33 pm
governor jerry brown is falling in line with states like new mexico, texas, arizona? he said i am sending them because i think you have to battle drug smuggling. you want to battle human trafficking. that's fine. he said when it comes to this stuff about illegal immigration, he said wait a second. there is no illegal immigration. that's not any crisis at the border. what are you doing? you are launching a political attack here. it's a political offensive. he sees it as somehow demonizing immigrants. imagine that. >> greg: he co-opted trumps language. it was clever but he just stole trump's message. the language was he was fighting drug traffickers. >> juan: that's what he said. the big news is, bigger than this, even though it's interesting because you have jerry brown versus donald trump. the supreme court with neil gorsuch, trump's guy is a key vote, said it's not going to
2:34 pm
be constitutional, not going to be allowed to deport somebody because they have been convicted of a crime which is the basis. >> jesse: violent crime. >> dana: let's be clear what gorsuch was saying. the argument was that congress passed a law that doesn't say. he is not saying you don't deport illegal aliens. he is being true to the law. i think a lot of people are saying maybe gorsuch is more liberal than president trump thought. i don't think so. what he is saying is have congress wants the laws in force, they have to pass them in a way that's written that makes it clear. >> juan: right, and i think to me that's an incredible vote by gorsuch. from the left, kudos to gorsuch for standing up for the law. >> kimberly: he is saying follow the law. everyone should. jim comey response to president trump's suggestion he should be jailed. stay with us.
2:35 pm
for all the eyes that get itchy and watery near pollen. there's flonase sensimist. it relieves all your worst symptoms including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. and all from a gentle mist you can barely feel. flonase sensimist.
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
♪ >> juan: welcome back. former fbi director jim comey's book "a higher loyalty" hit the stores. former fbi director comey sat down for his first live interview. he had this response to president trump's suggestion that comey should be in jail. >> that's not normal. that's not okay. first of all, he has just making stuff up. most important, the president of the united states is calling for the imprisonment of up private citizen, as he's done for a whole lot of people who criticize him. it's not acceptable. i hope people read the book and see why the rule of law is such an important value in this country and keep to that, they're the president doesn't get to decide who goes to jail. >> juan: it's not a one-way fight. remember, comey said this president is unfit, unethical. i'm going to ask my man jesse to respond on the part of president trump. >> jesse: hear, hear.
2:40 pm
one of the reasons trump won the second debate against hillary, remember the line? if i were president, you would be in jail right now. it's a great line and he's used very effectively. this is similar. it's just what he is saying. the truth backed him up. when comey brings the memos outside fbi headquarters and leaks them, under fbi standards and the federal records act, those memos belong to the fbi. you can hit him with theft of government property. that's a misdemeanor. a year and a small fine or disclosure of classified information. that is a felony. ten years, 250k. that's more serious. according to the law, and i know that comey is a strict guy, and ethical guy, he does everything by the book. if we are going to do everything by the book, mr. comey, you are facing prison time. >> juan: wow, wow. dana, the point of view from comey is that he is trying to rouse the country to go out and deal with a man that he says is not fit to be president.
2:41 pm
i read today that some fbi people say this not the role for an fbi director. former. >> dana: in the npr interview today, he is saying maybe i could've done that. maybe i could've done that and there's different ways he could have done it. what's interesting today, in minnesota, and fbi agent pled guilty to leaking to the media. there are consequences being paid by fbi agents for the very thing we are talking about with other fbi agents. including mccabe. the other thing is, what he has done is alienated himself so much. i am sure the book will sell. that goal is not a problem. but if you, i don't think you are trying to win any friends. the democrats are more mad at him then the republicans. kind of for good reason. if you read through, especially this npr interview, pretty eye-opening. it's given the clinton team another excuse to explain why
2:42 pm
she lost the election. now they will say it's all about comey which is probably a better excuse than saying russian collusion but it doesn't get you to figure out a way how to win in 2020. >> juan: do you think that is legit? that comey is to be blamed for announcing ten days before the election that he is reopening, doesn't mention he has an investigation going on trump. >> kimberly: i think he has had a lot of missteps and he should know better because it is former prosecutor and former director of the fbi. i will tell you what. we are going to know who's who and who is telling the truth here because the ig report that's going to come out in may. he better hope he knows better than if you made prior work inconsistent statements, classid or unclassified materials. then george stephanopoulos. talking, talking, talking. all of the above. i have to tell you something. you are supposed to get approval for a book like this, especially in the middle of an investigation. but comey is actually favoring profits and personal pandering
2:43 pm
to actually being concerned about justice and allowing the investigation to go forward that mueller is doing. this puts the witnesses, the whole investigation in jeopardy. who are they going to be able to put forward that's going to be credible? people are going to have these different things that can be impeached on. in a weird way, from a legal perspective, he's almost on president trump a favor because he has completely made a mess of this investigation. did you think about that? >> greg: >> juan: lanny davis is a friend to hillary clinton in college and was a lawyer for the clintons. he says liar is exactly what he thinks of jim comey. >> greg: this is why i believe james comey should be named man of the year. we are a divisive country and he is uniting us. he's able to use the left and
2:44 pm
right in their universal hatred for him. this is very hard to do. i can't tell if he is a fierce independent or he is inspector clouseau where he infuriates everyone by the consequences of his incompetence but i do feel that he is overstaying his welcome. he's going to do a lot of shows this week. he is like a jar of almost empty mayonnaise. you have, you are scraping the bottom with a spatula. it's time to get rid of the jar. >> kimberly: it's getting a little kato kaelin-ish. overstaying the welcome. >> greg: the sketch. >> jesse: wears his 100,000? >> kimberly: you figured it out. >> juan: all right, we have to go to the advertisers. why a comedian has filed a restraining order against, you guess who. i am thinking it is president trump. greg will fill you when next.
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
hey! we didn't have a homeowners claim last year so allstate is giving us money back on our bill. well, that seems fair. we didn't use it. wish we got money back on gym memberships. get money back hilarious. with claim-free rewards. switching to allstate is worth it. when other snacks just can't satisfy. ahh! ♪ your wing nut has you covered. ♪ hi. ♪ introducing planter's crunchers. a nutty crunch inside a flavorful crunch. ♪
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
♪ >> greg: maria docomo not her real name, is a comedian. here's her picture. she went to court to change it. she filed a restraining order.
2:49 pm
was it ever danced of violence stalker? no. it was against donald trump. she cited anxiety over comments on nuclear war, so she went to court, waited in line, filled out paperwork, but sadly she was denied. you can call this art or self-promotion. i call it clueless. she is doing this as we dropped missiles on syria. her actions actually ignore trump's real response to actual suffering. as opposed to what's going on in her head. she's not up-to-date on world events. the risk for nuclear war is shrinking. north and south korea are planning serious talks. more important, chances are we all know women, moms, sisters, coworkers faced with threats who have had to file restraining orders. it's not comedy. it is terror. that maria was in a government office wasting valuable time perhaps my other women were waiting to get real restraining orders against real threats makes this joke less funny.
2:50 pm
i doubt the women have the time for club or -- clever p.r. stunts. but because she hates chum, she will be cheered. not so much by victims seeking real production. what do they know about comedy? dana, she has backed off. i didn't mention her name because i felt it would feed into the p.r. thing. don't give it to her. >> dana: shrewd in your idea of not getting these people attention. >> greg: if you are going to do a stand, don't do it did other people's expense. you know? thinking of all the sounds i've done. >> dana: says she is well-known for jokes about depression and anxiety. that's not very funny. >> greg: it is to me, but i have h. >> kimberly: yours is amazing on a plane. so knots. >> greg: let's not bring up planes.
2:51 pm
anyway, i don't think she is upon current events. >> jesse: i think you got hosed by this person. she wanted to do this stunt and now she is the subject of a monologue. >> greg: but there is no name. >> jesse: everybody sees what's going on here. she got a huge promotional blog, and you are schoolmarming her. >> jesse: it's not like she called 911. >> greg: waiting in line while someone else is behind you to do a stunt? kimberly, you are a prosecutor. you deal with restraining orders. do you think it's funny to use a restraining order is a political stunt? >> kimberly: no, because there are people who really need them. >> greg: that's my point. >> kimberly: very serious cases out there when they are utilized to protect public safety and in individuals safet
2:52 pm
safety. that being the case, you still did this because you believed in it. and jesse threw shade at you. >> jesse: i did. if someone had filed a restraining order against obama, i would've had him on my show. >> kimberly: at least you're honest. waters world. wacky world. >> greg: why are so comedian's throat emotionally traumatized by trump? >> juan: what is the name of the comedian who was holding his head. >> greg: kathy griffin. >> juan: she is back now. >> greg: i know. >> juan: may be it's kind of desperate. on the other hand, i am not going to make fun of someone suffering from depression. she says it made her more anxious because of trump's language. the big button and all of that. >> dana: it she watch the south park episode about this.
2:53 pm
>> jesse: art lee north and south coming together? >> kimberly: we've got to go. >> greg: "one more thing" up next. and the wolf huffed and puffed... like you do sometimes, grandpa? . . starting within 5 minutes. symbicort doesn't replace a rescue inhaler
2:54 pm
for sudden symptoms. symbicort helps provide significant improvement of your lung function. symbicort is for copd, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. it should not be taken more than twice a day. symbicort contains formoterol. medicines like formoterol increase the risk of death from asthma problems. symbicort may increase your risk of lung infections, osteoporosis, and some eye problems. you should tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. symbicort could mean a day with better breathing. watch out, piggies! get symbicort free for up to one year. visit saveonsymbicort.com today to learn more. if you can't afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help.
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
but having his parents over was enlightening. ♪ you don't like my lasagna? no, it's good. -hmm. -oh. huh. [ both laugh ] here, blow. blow on it. you see it, right? is there a draft in here? i'm telling you, it's so easy to get home insurance on progressive.com. progressive can't save you from becoming your parents. but we can save you money when you bundle home and auto. >> dana: time for one more thing. i'm going to go first. there was a story over the weekend about the syria strikes. nikki haley ambassador to the u.n. went on the sunday shows and talked about additional russian sanctions. take a listen. >> you will see that russian
2:57 pm
sanctions will be coming down. secretary mnuchin will be announcing those on monday, if he hasn't already. and they will go directly to any sort of companies that were dealing with equipment related to assad and chemical weapons use. >> dana: those sanctions were annot announced monday there were reports in the "the washington post" that they were pulled back. larry kudlow the president's new advisor said in this morning about nikki ahaley. >> she was ahead of the curve. she did great job. effective ambassador. it might have been momentary confusion about that. if you talk to steve mnuchin at treasury and so forth, he will tell you the same thing. they are in charge of this. we have had sanctions. additional sanctions are under consideration. >> dana: in the last half hour i was able to get in touch with nikki haley and she said, quote: with all due respect, i don't get confused. so, there is some clarity at least from her part on that tonight. over to you, juan. >> juan: okay.
2:58 pm
>> kimberly: thank you for that reporting, dana. >> juan: last night i'm watching my gave baseball team washington nationals vs. the new york mets. take a look at this. >> setting up inside the barrel of the bat flew all the way to the screen and look at this. see you later on a broken bat. >> juan: that's what happened. he hit a home run with a broken bat. according to the major leagues, it's only happened one other time in all baseball history. that was done by barry bonds. i can tell you as an old player every time i broke a bat the ball went nowhere. if the bat didn't break, i think harper's ball would be flying. >> jesse: he should be tested. >> greg: violent sport. breaking bats. >> kimberly: breaking bats. >> greg: they are only trying to think us into thinking they are harmless. they are days away from killing us. news. let's go to the news of robots playing soccer. they are going to look
2:59 pm
really really incompetent. i believe this is in the china open. they keep falling over. they are stupid. they are lame. they appear to be drunk. much like me on a friday night. however, they are only looking clumsy and incompetent because it's an act to trick us into thinking they are not going to take over the world which they are. >> dana: k.t.? >> kimberly: i had the pleasure of attending the prevention of cruelty to children annual spring luncheon. i'm a member of the children's council. former child abuse and sexual abuse prosecutor. i'm also pictured with mary, the fearless leader of the organization and also the olympic champion gymnast michael maroniy spoke today and incredibly inspirational. she is 2012 olympian who testified bravely against larry nassar for the abuse that she received at his hands. it was very touching and just to let you know a couple of facts. one out of six boys before the age of 18 will be sexually abused and one out of four little girls.
3:00 pm
so let's make sure that we do something about this. new york state law and in fact to make it mandatory reporting in private school for sexual abuse. >> dana: jesse, i will give you double one more thing time tomorrow. "special report" is up next. hey, bret. >> bret: dana reporting in one more thing. thanks very much. this is a fox news alert. i'm bret baier. president trump is meeting with his japanese counterpart talking with shinzo abe about north korea and trade and making news today. but, first, one passenger of a southwest flight is dead tonight. almost sucked out of a window after an apparent engine explosion. the flight from new york to dallas made an emergency landing in philadelphia today after the mid-air incident. now, we have new audio from the control tower talking with one of the pilots of that southwest flight. >> do you have the medical meet us there on the runway as well. we have got injured passengers. they said there is a hole and someone went out.

76 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on