Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 3, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PDT

2:00 pm
♪ >> dana: i am dana perino along with kimberly guilfoyle, juan williams, jesse watters, and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five" ." a lot of news unfolding today on the president, the russia investigation, the payment made to stormy daniels and more. there's a new report that the feds wiretapped the phones of michael cohen, the president's longtime lawyer who is now under criminal investigation. according to nbc news, calls were allegedly intercepted in the weeks leading up to the raids on his home, offices, and hotel room. at least one of them was between cohen and the white house. this comes on the heels of
2:01 pm
rudy giuliani's surprising revelations with interviews with fox news, among them that president trump reimbursed cohen for the money paid out to adult film star stormy daniels, contradicting previous claims he didn't know about that payment. this morning, rudy tried to calm the storm. >> he didn't know the details of this until we knew the details of it which was a couple weeks ago. maybe ten days ago. he was definitely reimbursed. this was for personal reasons. the present have been hurt personally, not politically, personally. and the first lady. by some of the false allegation allegations. that one more false allegation of 6 years old. i think he was trying to help the family. it wasn't for the family. it was to save -- not their marriage so much as their reputation. >> dana: here's how the white house addressed the subject today. >> why the president was not truthful with the iraqi people. >> as mayor giuliani stated, and i will refer you back to his
2:02 pm
comments, this was information that president didn't know at the time but eventually learned. >> that statement wasn't in reference to the reimbursement rates because i gave you the best information i had. the allegations the president has denied and continues to deny. >> it's a fairly simple question. spigots are fairly simple answer i've given you several times now. i gave you the best information i had a viable to the best to do that every day. >> dana: she had a good briefing today but not an easy one. isn't unlikely, kimberly, that the judges in the criminal case would have approved a wiretapped furlough a campaign finance violation? unlikely. >> kimberly: rudy giuliani said he didn't think he was being wiretapped, michael, that that was occurring as related to that particular incident.
2:03 pm
there was some coordination in terms of what the statement would be. people have said wait, was a dumb mistake? i don't think he accidentally blurted something like that out. let's get real. the tweet that went out was perfectly, precisely worded. that the president put out as well. so now they have put this information out there and i think it's part of their overall strategy. >> dana: what's the legal strategy? to try to get it out before somebody else does? >> kimberly: i think he would preempted. if you are aware of what you have and what will come to light, you handle it. you preempt and put it out there. otherwise it looks like you are trying to conceal something. >> dana: juan, i guess the question in the white house press corps today was this is contrary to information the president himself and the press secretary had put out there. she handled it the way she did. i think she did a pretty good job, basically saying i gave you the best information i had. she also said the press briefing that last night, listening to the interview was the first time she had heard anything different. >> juan: you feel for her in
2:04 pm
that situation. you would know best. i just think she's in a very, they say a rock and a hard place. that's a tough one. >> dana: mike mccurry used to say i am double parked and made no comment zone. >> juan: part of it that strikes me is that giuliani was pursuing a legal strategy which is that the lawsuit common, common cause, it was leading to a campaign finance violation. they wanted to make it clear that there was no third party that paid for the president and therefore had some leverage over the president or could potentially blackmail the president. this was a personal payment. didn't come from the campaign. didn't come from the trump organization but was from the president. there is for they say it should go away. but what we hear from these groups is they think their case has been bolstered by these comments because now i understand the payment was made over time. basically it was a loan from
2:05 pm
cohen. even giuliani's language was peculiar. he said funneled through an llc, a party set up by cohen. it was all done right before the election. this alleged took place in '06. but it looks like being done not to save the family and wife from embarrassment but to save the president and his campaign from embarrassment. >> dana: i just got in my ear that msnbc apparently has a banner of ground that says correction: the feds are monitoring, not listening, to cohen's calls. so i guess perhaps there wasn't a call that was listened to between the white house and michael cohen win. so there's another wrinkle in the story, jesse. your thoughts. >> jesse: i was on the phone with michael cohen trying to book and for watters' world right before the raid.
2:06 pm
getting that out there. if the transcription gets out and the feds see how i was bad mouthing gutfeld. i think it is surveillance out of control. wiretapping, monitoring, listening. you think about who has been listened to. president of the united states, campaign manager, his lawyer, his advisor. everyone is listening to these people. this whole investigation started bipartisan and now being investigated bipartisan. it's crazy. it's totally out of control. i don't understand what's going on. is it about an fec violation? i can get the political situation with the payments, i mean a personal situation. if it is political, it's a $10,000 fine. so what? he's trying to protect his marriage and reputation. >> dana: i had a lawyer on today, greg, the basically said even if you were to go forward with campaign finance violation,
2:07 pm
it will be a misdemeanor. you have to have intent. michael cohen's defense might be he's been my client for a long time. it's not like to have lawyers on the hotline to figure it out. >> greg: i'm going to try to look at this two ways. as a legal scholar and an american who watches "the five." legal scholar, if i were looking at this, i would say you are allowed to pay settlement. nothing to do with collusion. didn't use campaign funds. not a big deal. as an american, a human being who watches "the five," we already know this guy is a billionaire playboy who lived in new york for four decades. he's going to lie about sex. i don't care. i don't care. i'm not surprised. i think most americans watching the show right now care more about policy than porn dark tricks.
2:08 pm
voters made a choice. the choice turns out to be pretty good. when we talk about the release of the hostages, they would agree it's a good choice. what we are seeing right now is an attempt to reverse that choice by people who are putting party before country. this is not collusion. they are trying to unseat a president based on some kind of technicality. >> dana: i do think people are conflating these two things. i don't think they are conflate a bowl. the mueller investigation is over here. the cohen rate is over here and it's not something they're trying to unseat the president with. then i don't think you monitors somebody's phone calls because of possible campaign violation that might be a misdemeanor pair the federal judge would have to prove it. >> kimberly: we have seen enough shenanigans. none of it would surprise me at this point. on a criminal basis, where is sufficient evidence to say this is something that warrants a wiretap and it would be a
2:09 pm
complete, out-of-control overreach. maybe it could be something else but we get that the weather is stormy. let's move on. they are harping on this. the michael tobin thing. avenatti saying that there is more to come. saying that this is going to undo the president. looking to undermine the american presidency and that's why they're so invested in it. >> greg: it is about impeachment. it's a cart with two gears. collusion and stormy. when stormy isn't doing well, they switch back to collusion. it's about impeachment. the impeachment goal by a combination of the media and the democrats. it is self reinforcing. >> dana: let me ask something. juan, you can answer this.
2:10 pm
given the polarized nation we have at the moment and the politics that it is, you can expect that your political opponents are going to use anything they can against you. if hillary had won, republicans would be trying to use anything they could against her as well. >> jesse: republicans are too soft. >> greg: look at clinton and paula jones. there are parallels. >> jesse: he was impeached over sex. if so what? he's had the best ratings he'd ever had. >> juan: i'm listening to you and i am struck that the president lied, appearing on air force one, saying not so. it doesn't bother you, as americans? [all speaking] you're going for conspiracy theories. this is what the president is doing to himself. >> greg: is not a conspiracy
2:11 pm
when someone says it's going to end the presidency. >> juan: avenatti is not robert mueller. >> greg: he said he it has information to unseat the president. >> juan: that is silly. >> greg: that's what he said! >> juan: rudy giuliani saying that jeff sessions should get involved, and end this thing. he should throw mueller out the door. meanwhile giuliani saying don't go after ivanka. you can go after jared. >> jesse: there is no evidence of a crime. there is no evidence of obstruction. that's when you look at the questions that they leaked. there is no evidence. elicit the president for saying something he was thinking during the time. >> dana: can we be clear about what they know about the questions. "the washington post" reported the questions weren't actually written by robert mueller. robert mueller gave them a range of topics and jay sekulow wrote
2:12 pm
those questions and then they got leaked. >> jesse: if you have a crime, prosecuted. if you don't have a crime, stop it. >> juan: stop trying to undermine the investigation. >> jesse: i'm not undermining the investigation. the majority of americans want a second special counsel appointed because of all the hokey pokey. >> greg: the constant aha mode that cable news is in. every day. if your program to look for a aha moment, you will find it whether it's there or not. but i'm not interested. listening to giuliani, all i heard him say was the president has cohen on retainer. that covers expenses that he doesn't have to know about because that's how billionaires live. that's a fact. >> juan: last night was a stunning moment. giuliani saying that $130,000 directly paid by the president and greg, doesn't strike you?
2:13 pm
>> kimberly: my goodness gracious. >> juan: you can put the blinders on. >> kimberly: no evidence of collusion, of the crime itself. >> dana: how would we have that evidence? >> kimberly: so far. >> jesse: there was a burglary and break-in and watergate. that's what they were investigated, and he destroyed evidence. trump and his team have not destroyed evidence. they've offered thousands and thousands of documents. everybody has testified except the president. you have to protect the executive branch. >> greg: it's great to see. it's so funny while this is happening, watching trump's numbers go up in the general population and among blacks, it's doubled. very frightening for democrats right now. frightening to the media that the more they go after this guy, the more they elevate trump because they are turning him into a victim. >> dana: they can't switch gears. >> kimberly: people say.
2:14 pm
not your democrat. not your immigrant. >> juan: why did you fire comey question when it was the collusion. it was the russian stuff. no, says juliana, it's because he wouldn't say he was a target. >> dana: what they should've done is say -- >> greg: and america goes, so what? >> jesse: he felt like he was being blackmailed. >> juan: it is mobster behavior. >> dana: major new development on three americans being held captive by north korea. could they be coming home soon? stay with us. well, like most of you, i just bought a house. -oh! -very nice. now i'm turning into my dad. i text in full sentences. i refer to every child as chief. this hat was free. what am i supposed to do, not wear it? next thing you know, i'm telling strangers defense wins championships. -well, it does. -right? why is the door open?
2:15 pm
are we trying to air condition the whole neighborhood? at least i bundled home and auto on an internet website, progressive.com. progressive can't save you from becoming your parents, but we can save you money when you bundle home and auto. i mean, why would i replace this? it's not broken. you might or joints.hing for your heart... i mean, why would i replace this? but do you take something for your brain. with an ingredient originally found in jellyfish, prevagen is the number one selling brain-health supplement in drug stores nationwide. prevagen. the name to remember. ancestrydna can pinpoint where your ancestors are from and the paths they took to a new home. could their journey inspire yours? order your kit at ancestrydna.com you wouldn't accept from any one else. so why accept it from your allergy pills? most pills don't finish the job because they don't relieve nasal congestion. flonase allergy relief is different. flonase relieves sneezing, itchy, watery eyes and a runny nose, plus nasal congestion, which pills don't.
2:16 pm
flonase helps block 6 key inflammatory substances. most pills only block one. and 6 is greater than 1. start your day with flonase for more complete allergy relief. flonase. this changes everything.
2:17 pm
2:18 pm
>> greg: tuesday, 18 republican house members nominated trump for the nobel prize. should trump share the award if indeed he wins? we hear about kim, president xi, moon. what about the worm? dennis rodman claims kim jong un didn't understand trump until rodman gave him "the art of the deal" last year. the book led to a change of heart.
2:19 pm
>> i think his impression about donald trump and the american people. >> greg: trump is going to meet with kim and may be american hostages might be released. it's pretty amazing news. we went to cnn and msnbc for response. >> no, please. please don't say that. >> greg: they hate any good news about trump. adtitfumay be the obama om makes you wonder, should obama have sent peyton manning to talk to putin? alex rodriguez to china, johnny mandel to tehran? anything could've worked. as long as they had a copy of the book. they would have done better than hillary and samantha power. as far as those three hostages,
2:20 pm
who is a better negotiator? obama and hillary or trump and rodman. we all know i have as much chance of winning that as trump does. the exact qualities that turn off lars in oslo. no matter what, trump and rodman has gotten us further with the dabblers out there. maybe they should read the book too. dana, you are at the table when i called dennis rodman a little b word because he went to north korea. my mea culpa. i think i was wrong, and i should apologize to dennis rodman. he's an american hero. >> dana: i think you should reserve your judgment. i wonder how john kerry escaped the monologue. >> greg: he moves very slow. he blended into the wooden background that i didn't see hi
2:21 pm
him. >> dana: who did he take on? james taylor to paris. >> greg: america was happy because james taylor was not in the country for a few days. >> dana: i think if in the long run we actually do find a peaceful solution here, which there is a long way to go, then of course president trump should be granted, warden, excuse me. the nobel peace prize. i also think one of the big things and the reason i don't think dennis rodman deserve so much credit is the strategic plan to squeeze china and get china to get little rocket man to do the right thing. that's the brilliance of this whole plan. >> greg: who started that, kimberly? a man named donald trump. >> kimberly: the art of the deal. following this train of t denman this dennis rodman was able to change the mind-set of kim jong un.
2:22 pm
open to the charms of potus and he therefore said you know what, i'm going to stop being a bad actor and i'm going to get it together. and i'm going to shake hands and work with south korea, and i'm going to release hostages, and i'm going to stop running around being little rocket man. >> greg: i was thinking, juan, you should go to iran with my book and i think that would solve everything. >> jesse: might not ever come back. is that your idea? >> greg: it is a win-win either way. >> juan: oh, my god. it could work. anything for greg, you know tha that. >> jesse: another hostages were going to have to get. >> dana: we will get right on it. >> juan: jesse can be my seal. >> jesse: you are never getting out then.
2:23 pm
>> juan: struck by dennis rodman. i think it's wonderful. i think you are having fun. >> kimberly: he is serious. >> juan: what you said is serious, kimberly. >> greg: we talk about how book can change your life. >> dana: what happened between the book and now? he actually got nuclear weapons. >> greg: well, that is the art of the deal. negotiation. >> jesse: besides the bible, the art of the deal is right up there. a few years ago you would've said donald trump and dennis rodman, with the support of kanye west, were ending the korean war, i would've dropped dead. it's incredible. >> kimberly: check your pulse. >> jesse: the middle east, send rodman. maybe they can share the peace prize. everything is happening for a reason. >> greg: on a serious point, we hear of the imminent release
2:24 pm
of these hostages. what does that mean? >> dana: a couple things. mike pompeo when he was there and he met with kim jong un, it was probably a condition, and also john bolton, the new national security advisor. we are not -- remember bowe bergdahl and the trade? not a good trade. it's not going to happen in this administration. there's no possible way president trump would be willing to meet with somebody who was holding americans hostage in a labor camp. in order to make that happen, they have to be released. two of them were taken hostage in 2017, one before that, i think 2015. apparently they are at a hotel now. they have been moved from the camp to a hotel. when we meet them. i think it's going to be very interesting and it will probably take years to get all the information. imagine what we might learn from them about how kim jong un actually works. i want to tap the brakes on this idea that kim jong un should
2:25 pm
share in a nobel peace prize. he's a horrible piece in. >> juan: we had releases in '09 with bill clinton and up ' '10. this is what the people at state and others say, it's part of his behavior. this is how he plays the game. he makes offers. it's not clear what our strategy is, going in. i see some people want to celebrate early. >> kimberly: could you imagine imagine? >> jesse: they better be in good health. >> greg: so much to talk about, including hillary clinton. you are going to love this. she is a brand-new excuse for losing the election. i love this one, because she might be right. "the five" returns. ssue there. same thing with any dent or dings on this truck. they all got a story about what happened to 'em. man 2: it was raining, there was only one way out. i could feel the barb wire was just digging into the paint. man: two bulls were fighting, (thud) bam hit the truck.
2:26 pm
try explaining that to your insurance company. woman: another ding, another scratch. it'll just be another chapter in the story. every scar tells a story, and you can tell a lot more stories when your truck is a chevy silverado. the most dependable, longest-lasting, full-size pickups on the road.
2:27 pm
♪ ♪ i want some more of it. ♪ i try so hard, ♪ i can't rise above it ♪ don't know what it is 'bout that little gal's lovin'. ♪ applebee's new bigger bolder grill combos. now that's eatin' good in the neighborhood. with dell small businessout your technology advisors you get the one-on-one partnership you need to grow your business. the dell vostro 15 laptop. contact a dell advisor today.
2:28 pm
looking for a hotel that fits... whoooo. ...your budget? tripadvisor now searches over... ...200 sites to find you the... ...hotel you want at the lowest price. grazi, gino! find a price that fits. tripadvisor.
2:29 pm
these are called musical >> kimberly: we have heard enough excuses from
2:30 pm
hillary clinton as to why she dt won the white house. i didn't think there were any more left. behold. there is another. here is the latest. >> you may be the only presidential candidate since world war ii would stand up and say i'm a capital s, and you did. did it hurt you? >> probably. it's hard to know. but if you are in the iowa caucuses and 41% of democrats are socialists or self-described socialists and i am asked, are you a capitalist, and i say yes but with appropriate regulation and with appropriate accountability, that probably gets lost. oh, my gosh she's a capitalist. >> kimberly: people are like yes, another, adding them up. what's going on here, greg? i know you get delighted every time hillary makes an appearance. >> greg: this is especially hilarious because she's right. a large portion of the
2:31 pm
democratic party are sniveling socialists. they are for universal based income, higher taxes, guaranteed jobs. identity over the individual. they weren't voting for trump. she was their only choice. i don't think the democratic party would disagree with her. they are chasing a failed system. we have the most effective political economical system in the history of the world that the democrats are like sideshow bob. they keep walking into rakes. >> kimberly: that was a good synopsis. the analogy was good. i think we should move this excuse to number one. it has some credence. well done. >> greg: but it is a lie too. >> dana: instructive about what's going to happen in 2020 because the ground shifted under hillary clinton's feet from when she ran into thousand eight to 2016. in 2008, bernie sanders could not have run as an avowed
2:32 pm
socialist and won. you think about the politics of jfk, bill clinton, even president obama. everything had changed. i don't what they are going to do in 2020 because if the economy is going -- it's going super well now, continuing to 2020 probably for little while, how are they going to make an argument there should be something different? that will be very difficult. if you look at a place like ohio right now, it's a heated gubernatorial race. the bernie sande bernie sander, you have a state turning red in its more a republican will win. >> kimberly: seriously scribbling at home to come up with another idea. this tactic is not going to work. you saw the groundswell of support for bernie sanders, progressive, forcing the democratic party to tack further to the left.
2:33 pm
>> jesse: democrats like bernet because he fights for the poor and he looked poor. that really helped him. the hair and everything. democrats don't do well when they run really well. gore, john kerry, hillary. you need someone who is a little bit disheveled and can fight for the little guy. capitalism is a dirty word for democrats. they love socialism but they can't define it. you ask a democrat, where has socialism worked? they they can't say. they will point to sweden. sweden is fine if you want to be taken care of for the rest of your life, if you want to live a middle-class life. if you start with nothing in this country, you can have a yacht. in sweden, that will never happen. in america, there is upward mobility and grit and it's rewarded. the democrats get themselves in trouble because they are always offering handouts instead of
2:34 pm
hand ops. >> kimberly: that was like an infomercial. >> greg: there are some very good-looking poor people. i was poor for a long time. i was poor for a long time. >> jesse: i am still more poorer than you. and better looking. >> greg: [laughs] you just proved your point. >> kimberly: just a really doesn't mean that. there is a mom text coming. >> jesse: she already hit me up for a poll. >> juan: you are reciting rasmussen which is conservative leaning. they have almost half of americans going we should have guaranteed jobs in the country. i guess they are socialists. what you have in this moment in terms of income inequality is a heightened sense of concern. people feeling "i got left behind. i am never going to catch up. i can't get a house as good as my parents." i remember you guys going after her like clinton during the campaign, why doesn't she
2:35 pm
release her speeches to wall street. oh, so this part of the same attack initiated by bernie sanders. who came within one percentage point of tying hillary clinton in iowa, a state where about the democrats have there, they are self-described as socialists. those numbers are national. if you look at young democrats. i think they are confusing socialism with populism of the trump, bernie sanders style which is really about speaking to an economic need in a nation where the opportunity for progress has been diminished because of income inequality. >> kimberly: all right, being stormy daniels' attorney doesn't appear to be enough for michael avenatti. his big plans next.
2:36 pm
this is laura. and butch. and tank. and tiny. and this is laura's mobile dog grooming palace. laura can clean up a retriever that rolled in foxtails, but she's not much on "articles of organization." articles of what? so, she turned to legalzoom. they helped me out. she means we helped with her llc, trademark, and a lot of other legal stuff that's a part of running a business. so laura can get back to the dogs. would you sit still? this is laura's mobile dog grooming palace and this is where life meets legal.
2:37 pm
if you have moderate to severe or psoriatic arthritis, little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not an injection or a cream.
2:38 pm
it's a pill that treats differently. for psoriasis, 75% clearer skin is achievable with reduced redness, thickness, and scaliness of plaques. and for psoriatic arthritis, otezla is proven to reduce joint swelling, tenderness, and pain. and the otezla prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't use if you're allergic to otezla. otezla may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. tell your doctor if these occur. otezla is associated with an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. other side effects include upper respiratory tract infection and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ♪ otezla. show more of you. i had a very minor fender bender tonight! in an unreasonably narrow fast food drive thru lane. but what a powerful life lesson.
2:39 pm
and don't worry i have everything handled. i already spoke to our allstate agent, and i know that we have accident forgiveness. which is so smart on your guy's part. like fact that they'll just... forgive you... four weeks without the car. okay, yup. good night. with accident forgiveness your rates won't go up just because of an accident. switching to allstate is worth it.
2:40 pm
♪ >> jesse: stormy daniels 'attorney michael avenatti is everywhere these days at least when it comes to tv. developments overpayments to his client, avenatti was he back on cnn. >> every statement, every prediction has come true. i've been right. i don't say to be egotistical. i've been right all along. >> jesse: cnn can't get enough of this guy. the media research center finds he was on that at work 59 times in less than two months. that's almost once a day, for those bad at math, like me. avenatti is indicting his true intentions. >> we are going to continue to use the media. we've used it with great success. this entire process is about results. that's what we are ultimately interested in. >> jesse: stormy's attorney telling vented or fair multiple networks are approaching him about having his own show. avenatti reportedly pitched msnbc directly about joining.
2:41 pm
a juan, this guy is a publicity hound. you have to admit it. >> juan: he is using the press ably. >> jesse: and the press loves being used. >> juan: greg was talking about how kim jong un is reading "art of the deal." i think in this case, avenatti is following the trump blueprint and how you use media to advance your political cause. he is doing it ably, i must say. giuliani is on the air all the time. maybe he has picked up on this too. how to use media to advance this cause? avenatti is effective. i think that's why they keep having them on. the stormy daniels story is real. >> jesse: he is a better self promoter than a lawyer. i think a judge is probably going to rule against stormy daniels. >> kimberly: i wonder who is paying for all of this. who is paying the attorney fees? who is behind all of it. it makes you go hmm. he is loving it. it's his 15 minutes of fame. he is really working the machine to be able to get some results
2:42 pm
for himself. oh, and then he has a client. >> jesse: that's right. forgot about her. 59 times. dana, that's almost as much as you are on television. >> dana: are you watching me a lot? >> jesse: "daily briefing" every day. >> dana: it is a lot of work to have your own show. you don't just get to show up. i just want to know from them, what is the outcome they desire? i don't understand. that's why there is speculation want more money.ossibly they i would actually love to know, what's the legal outcome you very much want? what would be the headline that would be the one you imagine in your dreams as the most important one so we could understand where you want to go. >> jesse: i think it is money and fame and to damage the president politically. >> greg: he has said. juan is correct that he is using the media, but the differences he's fulfilling a narrative that trump didn't.
2:43 pm
trump has made things exciting. he's filling up buckets that they need filled and he's -- i have to hand it to him. this is what he wants to do. the media for the last i don't know how long has been saying it was america who was duped by trump. no, it was the media that was duped by trump and now we are being duped by him. >> jesse: the pc police are out in full force these days. now they are going after the simpsons. stick around.
2:44 pm
at a comfort inn with a glow taround them, so people watching will be like, "wow, maybe i'll glow too if i book direct at choicehotels.com." who glows? just say, badda book. badda boom. book now at choicehotels.com. you wouldn't accept from any one else. why accept it from your allergy pills? flonase relieves your worst symptoms including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. flonase helps block 6 key inflammatory substances. most pills only block one. flonase. why people everywhere are upgrading their water filter to zerowater. start with water that has a lot of dissolved solids. pour it through brita's two-stage filter. dissolved solids remain? what if we filter it over and over? (sighing) oh dear.
2:45 pm
thank goodness zerowater's five-stage filter gets to all zeroes the first time. so, maybe it's time to upgrade. get more out of your water. get zerowater. leading conservative the opposition john cox. get more out of your water. to jerry brown's sanctuary state. and chairman of the initiative campaign to repeal the gas tax. join me and let's make california great again.
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
leading conservative the opposition john cox. to jerry brown's sanctuary state. and chairman of the initiative campaign to repeal the gas tax. join me and let's make california great again. it's >> juan: we told you about the prom dress controversy. an uproar over a white teen in utah wearing an asian style dress. there is a race row with the longest running tv show in america, the simpsons.
2:48 pm
allegations the character apu is a stereotype of south asian immigrants. creator matt groening pushing back saying he's part of the show and "i think its time in our culture where people love to pretend that they are offended." kimberly. >> kimberly: it is. we live in a world of perpetual offense. everybody is offended about something at some point. when you wake up every morning, you just go i'm sorry. i'm sorry. you don't know who you might offend. people used to love "the simpsons." very successful show. things are getting picked apart. is this character bad. do you have a problem with this character? >> juan: no, i love the simpsons. apu is not a major character but i am struck by saying he's the only reputation representationh asian male. the question is, is it a
2:49 pm
caricature of people who are immigrants? >> jesse: according to joe biden, everyone at 7-eleven has an indian accent. apu is not offensive. if you want to play that game, groundskeeper willie is offensive to scotch irish alcoholics. full disclosure, my uncle works for the university of new hampshire. i want to get that out of the way. so the latin community at the te new hampshire university is upset about cinco de mayo. apparently cinco de mayo is when the mexicans beat the french. that's a low bar. i'm not sure i would have a holiday if i beat the french. >> dana: they are celebrating a win. >> jesse: they are celebrating a victory. albeit over the french. be happy. >> juan: dana, the other side
2:50 pm
of the argument presented by jesse. the latino community at the university of new hampshire said hey, we don't like people walking around making fun of mexican culture and the like. then when they said this, it set off a series of racial incidents on campus, like graffiti, slurs, vandalism, six swastikas. the college says they would like you to be a unifying event. >> dana: okay, order up some margaritas and enjoy. life is meant to be enjoyed, young people at the university, stop it. you are so privileged to live in this country and be getting an education and have a chance to know all sorts of people from all different cultures. nobody is making fun of hispanic culture by celebrating cinco de mayo. it's a excuse to have a party. >> kimberly: no one is offended. >> dana: actually, who doesn't like guacamole and chips and salsa? am i going to get accused of
2:51 pm
cultural appropriation? >> kimberly: i want to appropriate it. i wish puerto ricans had a good holiday like that. >> juan: i was looking around today for a paste on mustache for gregory. >> greg: to do what? be in an adult movie? >> juan: the image of the guy on the coffee bag. >> dana: juan valdes. >> greg: a lot of it is born from the social justice movemen movement. they have become the fun police. they are a humorless mob on every campus about to eliminate joy because they have none. the narrative has made them so incredibly angry that any cultural appreciation becomes appropriation. the professor said when you come face-to-face with a group of people devoid of all humor, then there is no potential for dialogue. humor provides the good naturopath to shared experience.
2:52 pm
we can make jokes with each other. therefore we understand each other. without humor, you're going to end up with intolerance and ultimately fascism. if you can't have fun. you are talking about those hate crimes which are almost entirely hoaxes afterwards. they find out it was placed by somebody else with the writing on the wall was placed by somebody else. that's what happens. you can no longer meet the individuals. because of the groups. >> juan: i am all for fun and cinco de mayo but i'm not for making fun of minority students on campus. >> greg: that is a daring position. >> kimberly: is anybody for that? >> greg: when i get out of "the five," i go make fun of minorities. you can see me on the street. >> juan: "one more thing" is next. i'm gonna regret that. with new car replacement, if your brand new car gets totaled, liberty mutual
2:53 pm
will pay the entire value plus depreciation. liberty stands with you. liberty mutual insurance.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
♪ >> dana: it's time for "one more thing." >> kimberly: think you dana perino, star of "the daily briefing." going to the concert and living in the moment. if you are six years old, the time might be better's ends with a nap or two, as evidenced by pink's beautiful daughter, 6-year-old willow, struggling to keep her eyes open during her mom's dallas concert. so she shared the adorable video on social media.
2:57 pm
i really rocked that show. >> jesse: it looks like one when i am talking. >> i pay attention to you, jess jesse. >> kimberly: it is like a shock and all. >> juan: you know that i am a newspaper reporter at heart, look at this from the chicago sun times, it is blank, no news about the white house or the white sox. running a bold front page to ask readers further and financial support noticing that news -- representing less than 3% of what you can find online in this country. and newspaper advertising is declining taking money away from quality journalism. the situation is killing off papers all across the country. denver comes to mind, today is world press freedom day, love your local newspapers, because -- >> greg: that was racist. it is all white. why could it not have been
2:58 pm
black? jeez. >> dana: my friend ian bremmer has a new book out. it is called "us versus them" the failure of globalism. if you are a trump supporter you with a want to check it out. even if you are not, it is a "new york times" best seller. he was talking about it on the show today about the feeling going on around the world. watch. >> average people in the united states like everyone i grew up within the projects feels like the establishment no longer serves them. and that is true economically, culturally, true in terms of our military, true in terms of technology, those are deep-seated things that are just not getting fixed. and we are not unique, this is the way they feel in britain, canada, new zealand. >> dana: it is a great book, check it out, jesse. >> jesse: do you remember the game jenga? check out this shot, this is how he wins jenga, chip shot into
2:59 pm
the middle of the jenga tower, taking out the middle piece. you know how hard that is to do? >> kimberly: is this a fake video? >> jesse: it is a trick shot video, not fake news, kimberly, but think of her challenging my integrity. >> dana: all right, greg. >> greg: what you have been waiting for, this it is time for greg's sleepy cat news. all right, we go to wisconsin. let's check out the sleepy cat, we actually have a sleepy cat copter and finding the sleepy cat, yes, he looks like -- >> kimberly: it looks like pinks daughter. >> greg: listening to juan talk about trump. i thought we had a better sleepy cat video. but that will do for now. always tired, it's not like they do anything. >> kimberly: not that tired. >> greg: get a job, cat. >> dana: i was that tired when i came back from that week away.
3:00 pm
>> kimberly: i'm out of here, friday. >> greg: sweet story, dana. >> dana: we have a little extra time, but no more, never missed an episode of "the five"" "special report" is up next with shannon bream and for bret. >> shannon: thank you so much, the personal attorney called monitor, and the payment to a star, the newest member of the legal team admits that the president repaid his attorney in the stormy daniels case paid and three american citizens held hostage in north korea could be headed home. ahead of a possible meeting between kim jong un and president trump, this is "special report." ♪ good evening, welcome to washington, i am shannon bream and for bret baier. on a national day of prayer, a lot of drama was playing out as we learn president trump's personal attorney was under surveillance. and the president's newest mouthpiece had a lot to

55 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on