Skip to main content

tv   Your World With Neil Cavuto  FOX News  May 11, 2018 1:00pm-2:00pm PDT

1:00 pm
despite people calling it him that didn't pass its physical, and spam hit a major milestone 81 years ago today. mom used to put it in the cast-iron skillet. yummy. happy mother's day, have a good weekend. >> welcome everybody, we are on top of three big developments all seemingly crashing together at the same time today, including michael pompeo outlining what the details will be without upcoming summit between the president and the leader of north korea. it's a one day to get a lot of stuff done. also the latest from iran, they are burning our flag, and they must have a stockpile because they were burning quite a few as it turns out. and, the president wanting to rein in drug prices. how can it be in the richest country on earth that a lot of people have to take drugs every other day, rather than for the prescriptions that are already beyond their reach right now.
1:01 pm
this isn't about capitalism, this is about human decency. first, the very latest on what's happening on the preparing for the big summit front. >> both secretary of state mike pompeo and the south korean foreign minister said the goal of the summit is complete verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the peninsula. and pompeo was asked about his impression of kim jong un, a brutal dictator with whom few others other than the president of south korea has spent much time. >> our conversation was warm. we were each representing our shared understanding about what mutual objectives were, but we had good conversations about the history of our two nations and the challenges we had between us.
1:02 pm
>> warm is not how many would describe the murderous leader of north korea. but it's clear that this summit will be transactional. kim jong un will want major economic incentives to give up a program that was started by his father and grandfather and designed to ensure the survival of his regime. the south korean foreign minister ruled out negotiating the removal of u.s. troops from the peninsula. >> the issue of the alliance, any issue of the alliance including troop presence in our country is a matter for our allies to discuss. >> president trump will meet with the south korean president, i head his trip to singapore. much can be hammered out before then and pompeo took a moment to again welcome home the three american prisoners released this week from north korea. they remain at walter reed for observation. >> all right, jennifer griffin.
1:03 pm
thank you very much. meanwhile, they are still burning flags in tehran and elsewhere in iran. keep in mind, the five other signatories, they are staying with the deal as is. the iranians hope to keep them on their side and relations on our side. michael, where is this going? if things stay the same and these other countries don't come and join us, which doesn't seem likely to me, what do you see happening? >> i think the european countries will walk away from the deal. the only reason they were there were from economic benefits that they can't have now because the u.s. is out of it. the main complaint was they weren't encouraging european investment in iran. there's really no reason for
1:04 pm
europeans to say, could stay. germany and britain were there for the economic benefits, and friends as well. france was actually the toughest member that wanted to do more, and mccrone even said if nothing changes in the jcpoa, then it will come to north korea once the clause goes away. >> they might be compelled to just sort of throw up their arms and say, we will throw this thing up. but you could say, it stands to lose up to $20 billion of the contracts for the next couple years. but they might want to jump in and airbus might want to jump in and it may not be fast to join us. >> we have already compensated for the potential loss of the iranian market.
1:05 pm
boeing came out saying that, and what's important is when these contracts were initially put in place in 2015, the iranian tomah was 1,002 each u.s. dollar. i think even russia and china are upset about what i rented it to mess the deal. all of this adventurism, and ballistic missile testing made the united states pull out of this. and now, iran can't afford to buy russian equipment and chinese aircraft, and its oil is now going to be under sanction. so the economic benefits for russia and china, they are not there anymore, without the united states and there. i think the iran deal falls apart, and russia won't stand up to what israel is doing in syria. so they are losing friends in syria. again, the russians sat on their hands. iran is looking around for
1:06 pm
friends and they are seeing some hesitant friends willing to jump in on that side. >> that's where they go after israeli positions, and i am curious though, in the middle of this, even though stable today oil prices have moved up smartly. and that could affect prices in this country and elsewhere. is that registered do you think with the world wide price, this is their latest worrisome catalysts. >> the main argument with those is, gas and the united states will go up. we are already seeing commitments by the saudi arabians and also our own ability to produce and flood the market with our oil. that will make the price of oil go down, but these are also natural cycles. gas goes up in the summer, right before vacation.
1:07 pm
so that argument is weak. iran will have to flood the market itself in order to offset u.s. sanctions, so iran might be the one to make the oil prices go down. >> we mentioned on this, which if you don't get it, you demand it. >> and this is going to happen. it might have a boomerang effect, but it will take advantage before it ever comes down and prices can go the other way. >> and one more point, if one rushes towards the bomb, they lose europe and russia doesn't want them to have a nuclear weapon so they lose russia. and we saw harsh condemnation from europe, and also the fact that israel has a right to defend itself and the provocation by iran will not garner european support.
1:08 pm
it is now gone, and the constraints are off of the united states. they are offering a shrinking economy the size of maryland that thinks it's a big player in the middle east, and i think at every turn they are seeing that's just not the case. >> we see lots of money, remember a lot of that money did come back to them. >> protesters said they spent it and that's why they are protesting. a quick peek, we are up to about 91 points today. one of the best days for the market, or one of the best weeks of the market. that despite the craziness in the oil market. you probably heard that robert mueller would so love to talk to the president of the united states and you might remember rudy giuliani, the president's lawyer, said maybe we could arrange a little chat. maybe. and maybe we will make a decision on that, soon. the latest, maybe not so soon.
1:09 pm
more after this. from paying too much on their car insurance. hey, there's cake in the breakroom... what are you doing? um...nothing? marvel studios' avengers: infinity war, in theaters april 27th. now...where were we? here's the story of green mountain coffee roasters sumatra reserve. let's go to sumatra. the coffee here is amazing. because the volcanic soil is amazing. so we give farmers like win more plants. to grow more delicious coffee. which helps provide for win's family. all, for a smoother tasting cup of coffee. green mountain coffee roasters.
1:10 pm
it's abor it isn't. ence in 30,000 precision parts. it's inspected by mercedes-benz factory-trained technicians. or it isn't. it's backed by an unlimited mileage warranty, or it isn't. for those who never settle, it's either mercedes-benz certified pre-owned, or it isn't. the mercedes-benz certified pre-owned sales event. now through may 31st. only at your authorized mercedes-benz dealer. here's something you should know. there's a serious virus out there that 1 in 30 boomers has, yet most don't even know it. a virus that's been almost forgotten. it's hepatitis c. hep c can hide in the body for years without symptoms. left untreated it can lead to liver damage, even liver cancer. the only way to know if you have hep c is to ask your healthcare provider for the simple blood test. if you have hep c, it can be cured. for us, it's time to get tested. it's the only way to know for sure.
1:11 pm
1:12 pm
a very busy day and the white house. whether bob mueller testified or not, or whether that's even in the offering. >> rudy giuliani with the president legal teams that they wanted to make a decision about whether the president would sit down with mueller by may 17, but this afternoon i spoke with them and they said that's overly optimistic. giuliani tells me that, it's likely in part because of this paul manafort case playing out in the eastern division of virginia, they wouldn't be able to make a decision by the 17th. now giuliani told me that they might be able to do it before the president left for north korea, or singapore for the north korean summit, and it
1:13 pm
may have to wait until after that. but either way, regardless of when they make the decision to do it, the president won't be able to sit down with muller until sometime after the north korea trip because they don't have time to prepare him to give a lengthy deposition. they get 30 minutes there herer there but they need a good eight hours to pair the president for something like that. if they make the calculation it would probably put it to at least the middle if not the end of june before the president sat down with muller, if indeed they decided to do it all and there's a lot of things pointing against him. >> thank you very, very much. we go to attorney mercedes: right now, and, i guess it would depend on if he was subpoenaed. >> exactly. there is historical data where there have been subpoenas in the past. clinton is one. now there was -- i'm not sure
1:14 pm
there was a formal fight, but there was some resistance and ultimately it was worked out between the parties. so there is some historical data that says, if you get subpoenaed to come if you are going to come and testify. if you do put up a fuss, then it goes before the court. and certainly, we are talking about a federal judge that has a lifelong appointment, there's no constituents and presumably, rationally, reasonably and without any sort of bias. >> was richard nixon ever asked to testify? because he never did. >> there is a subpoena. so it's not as if the president could risk saying no to the subpoena. but what it get to the links that mueller would push that if he didn't talk to me? >> well certainly, given the
1:15 pm
aggressiveness. and i think that certainly, given what we have seen thus far, we could see him pushing that envelope. the questions have been published, who knows who leaked into the past, compressed, it doesn't matter. but he's looking for a lot of information. >> 12 rudy giuliani has been whittling the questions down. can they really control the number, the length and all that? if bill clinton was able to get with something that he didn't do nearly so well, what do you make of that? >> it all depends on -- with clinton they worked out some sort of arrangement. we don't know what is going to be the arrangement here, but i can tell you that if he does, based on my experience. it can be very aggressive and you are dealing with, it's
1:16 pm
open-ended. not like you are in federal litigation where you have seven hours. you don't have those parameters here. >> what if they insisted on no more than two hours? >> then it may go to the court at that point. >> two hours would be better than getting no hours. >> well -- seven hours is -- i would go for more than seven hours depending on what the litigation is. >> well you can argue on the left or the right, he is president of the united states and he's doing some other stuff. >> sure. there will be lots of arguments about why someone can't sit for this deposition for a an extended period of time. >> there are some great things happening right now, it could be follow-up thoughts and they could use that as a legitimate. >> is definitely a lot of obstacles to the president coming forward and sitting in open-ended investigation.
1:17 pm
>> so you think you will be talking and then what? >> frankly, all eyes are on this investigation. everyone you talk to them, they closure to this. you think the public wants it, america wants to close this investigation. >> some love the president and some don't. some say, this got into business dealings, they are thoroughly confused. is it out-of-control? >> if you subscribed to what jess ellis said, and it is, but having participated in an investigation as an investigator, and being a litigant in the investigation, you don't know where the doors will leave. will lead to. so -- >> the next thing you
1:18 pm
know -- >> and then days go by, hours go by and witnesses go by, then it makes sense and it becomes a big kettle of fish when you just started with one fish. >> mercedes, thank you. great to see you. >> he characterized any dealinge had with michael trace gallagher on that. now he sent that out by email to all his 200,000 plus workers. and he regrets it but it's too late for that. >> anyway, at&t is kind of juggling dual dilemmas. they are working to stay ahead of the curve because the new information continues to flow. for example, politico is now reporting that just days after the inauguration, at&t signed a contract with michael cohen for a $600,000 for strategic advice on the company's $800 million
1:19 pm
merger with time warner, which by the way the president opposed. at&t was also looking for guidance on issues like net neutrality and tax reform and the white house was asked about this just a short time ago. >> the president isn't going to be influenced by outside the special interests. he finds what will be in special interest for americans across the country. >> very short and sweet answer. now ceo randall stephenson cut to the chase, quoting employees and saying there is no other way to say it. hiring michael cohen as a political consultant was a mistake. and, it's unlikely mr. quinn knew he wasn't retiring until this week. at&t acknowledges that special counsel robert mueller requested information regarding the
1:20 pm
relationship with michael: but the company maintains that the mistake was above board. >> in the meantime, the president is taking on those high drug prices. now a lot of people are saying, you can't start legislating and approving or disapproving the price of everything. but the president has the upper hand on this because he's talking about people affording the drugs that keep them alive and keep them well. is he on to something? after this. prevagen. the name to remember.
1:21 pm
how much money do you think you'll need in retirement? then we found out how many years that money would last them. how long do you think we'll keep -- oooooohhh! you stopped! you're gonna leave me back here at year 9? how did this happen? it turned out, a lot of people fell short, of even the average length of retirement. we have to think about not when we expect to live to, but when we could live to. let's plan for income that lasts all our years in retirement. prudential. bring your challenges. if you have moderate to thsevere rheumatoid arthritis, month after month, the clock is ticking on irreversible joint damage. ongoing pain and stiffness are signs of joint erosion. humira can help stop the clock. prescribed for 15 years, humira targets and blocks a source of inflammation that contributes to joint pain and irreversible damage. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers,
1:22 pm
including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. help stop the clock on further irreversible joint damage. talk to your rheumatologist. right here. right now. humira.
1:23 pm
mr. elliot, what's your wiwifi?ssword? wifi's ordinary. basic. do i look basic? nope! which is why i have xfinity xfi. it's super fast and you can control every device in the house. [ child offscreen ] hey! let's basement. and thanks to these xfi pods, the signal reaches down here, too. so sophie, i have an xfi password, and it's "daditude". simple. easy. awesome. xfinity. the future of awesome. >> our plan to take steps to derail the gravy train for special interest by ending obama cares for twisted incentives, and actually encourage higher drug prices.
1:24 pm
>> this is kind of weird for a republican president, and i think that is a gouging. otherwise there will be hell to pay. the readout from all of this, and the white house is following a very, very closely. >> this is a massive plan indeed, from the white house. they say that they can get ia lot of the stunned or executive action and they also say they will need to acknowledge that with congress as well. this rollout to lower the price of prescription drug prices came in an event in the rose garden the other day. one of the ideas that the president put forward was going after pharmacy benefit managers. listen here. >> we are very much eliminating the middleman. the middleman became very, very rich. my [applause]
1:25 pm
whoever those middlemen were, and some people never even figured it out, they are rich. >> this plan also calls for scaling back the rebate system, addressing pouring foreign sub, and getting generic drugs to the market place faster. the hhs secretary is alex azar, a former pharma executive in his own right. he said he could be trusted to reduce the charge for drug prices because he knows how to change the formula or incentivize a system that brings about lower list prices. >> the math doesn't work. the system doesn't make that work. my job now with the president's commission is to make that work so that the incentives work to actually bring prices down, charge less on the list price. that is exactly what we are about, and no one company on their own can change that dynamic. >> you have probably seen one of the roughly billion or so
1:26 pm
advertisements on television for drugs. in one of those is, during those commercials, list the price of the drug. azar is saying then you know if the drug is a hundred bucks, maybe you could afford that, or in some cases, $50,000. >> and all the warnings that come with it. they will be obligated to list the warnings. great series of questions. market examiner daniel mclaughlin. so i'm looking at this and i'm thinking, how far would he be able to go if he was still technically not allowing medicare itself to be renegotiated or drill in bulk with these prices. >> that is the big kahuna of health care spending. the idea that the government through medicare could negotiate with pharmaceutical companies to drive down costs. the pharmaceutical industry has been against that, and trump said he would do that on the
1:27 pm
campaign trail and has not done that today. >> but they didn't have it with obamacare, right? >> they didn't, and i wonder if it's harder for a democratic president to get these things through for then a republican. one of the craziest things about our health care system unlike any other good or service is, you don't know what you are buying when you buy it. >> have to be transparent, and it's not right now. what i worry about though is, where you go too far. it's a delicate balance, and you want to deal with this. because people can't afford it. people don't take their medication every day, they try to spread it out so they can stay up with it. but the fact of the matter is, you go for it too far with this stuff and then companies think twice about all the money they spend and research and development. where are you on this? >> i don't see the plan here. i have a mobile phone in my
1:28 pm
pocket that years ago would have cost millions have the technology existed. i have a flat screen in my apartment, and why is it that drug prices are so unique that we need all this government intervention? furthermore to your point, if drugs are expensive, that, too, is a market signal and you want to bring in investors that will take the risk so they chairs can come to the market in the first place. >> i don't know what that point is though. people say that. and your brother is a doctor, right, when they look at this how do they balance that out? i want to recommend whatever he can help their patients. >> every doctor right now is an insurance salesman to a certain extent, or a sort of expert at the business of insurance. my brother is here and he will tell you, here's how i have to deal with it every day. not just fixing people and making them healthy, how do you deal with the coverage? they are actually involved in this stuff. the health care system right now
1:29 pm
if you talk to doctors and people on the ground is so far from the notion of a free market, or free enterprise, that you know, the best you can do is what president trump, i would think maybe there would be some bashing on governments. the pharmaceutical industry as a protected part of government because it's the health care system. >> pharmaceuticals as we were just showing are all rocketing up today. >> while he backed off that medicaid. >> but i'm telling you, i think he took some logical steps. you have to admit he took some real logical steps here, particularly with foreign companies. and how our drug companies have to cut prices to sell them overseas. >> i think this is a very positive opening sell and that has all been the first to
1:30 pm
address. but the biggest thing is you have to get people on board with this because it's not fair or right that we have situations that are by bifurcated. >> how is it that people are dying because i cannot afford medicine? >> isn't it outrageous that after president obama promised us that he would fix it with obamacare, basically blaming trump for dismantling obamacare, and that's why we have these problems now. what we would have had problems anyway, obamacare did not help the system. it did not have good things, based on bizarre incentives and a crazy way they approached it, and i think john would agree with me on this. there is nothing in our health care system right now. we are so so far away from capitalism that the best you could probably do is what
1:31 pm
president trump did today. >> in that sense, you stay all right, you can do things my way, or we cannot. i think part of this was to demand that he had in some other trade related issues to see what they came up with. because i don't think that we should take answer to a "no" from an industry. >> i don't think we can have it both ways, either. we can't say obama was bad but here's our government plan to fix it. the answer was interruption. >> i am not trying to get sympathy, but if that's the email i get, great. i shouldn't have to have a better prospect because i can't afford the treatment. my final world will be, more power to it.
1:32 pm
i don't want to rattle capitalism but i don't want people dying, either. for me outliving them because of their situation versus mine. that's not fair and that's not right, even if they work for cnn. we will have more after this.
1:33 pm
1:34 pm
>> does your boss yell at you at work or embarrass you in front of your colleagues? the dustup of war cabinet member that was reportedly subjected to that and the reports are as well that she threatened to quit. she didn't, she hasn't, but we will debated after this.
1:35 pm
1:36 pm
>> long before the whole iran thing when we tore up that agreement, oil prices were spiking. we are now up $4 per gallon in a lot of states here and it could go still higher. it if you have been listening to my buddy bill flynn, you are the man. >> he was way out of this. things are picking up and it's a supply and demand situation that looks for prices. i still see higher prices, and i still see gasoline prices going up. i'm a little concerned that some of that tax money that we are getting back is going to go in your gas tank. but even with that bad news of rising prices and the concerns about the middle east, it really is a good news story. when i see these gasoline prices is consumer confidence, record
1:37 pm
gasoline demand, business is doing business. and what we are seeing in this rising price more than anything is an improving economy. sometimes gasoline prices and oil prices go along with the strong economy, and even though we are concerned about these bigger issues that can disrupt supply, more than anything, this is become the dash because the consumers feel confident, they are buying bigger cars and using more gas. >> and this was the same time people were dealing with them. americans being americans want to drive what they want, and whether it's a gas guzzler or not, does that mean still higher gas prices? >> i think it does. i mean even ford motor company are getting rid of most of their cars, they are going to keep like, the mustang and one other
1:38 pm
car. they are going to suvs and trucks. the other thing i think when we talk about gasoline prices and its impact on consumer news, there are always people that can be hurt with higher gasoline prices. but if you put that into the context that the economy is in the best shape it's been in in generation, and it's a bad thing the prices go up for that reason but it's a good thing because guess what, we would love to drive more. it's america. >> in the 70s, the prices were running out of control and going crazy, that was not a very good economic backdrop so it didn't help that we had a slow economy, and they called it stagflation.
1:39 pm
>> exactly. we have a problem in iraq, and i think the biggest threat from rising gasoline prices, if we get a spike in price because of these outside issues, not because of the economy. and if we get disruption and supply, that's a big issue. >> thank you. have a great weekend. >> you get food stamps, but you work for them. the tough back-and-forth, and not only the requirements but the parties on those requirements, after this. ou sto! you're gonna leave me back here at year 9? how did this happen? it turned out, a lot of people fell short, of even the average length of retirement. we have to think about not when we expect to live to, but when we could live to. let's plan for income that lasts all our years in retirement.
1:40 pm
prudential. bring your challenges.
1:41 pm
1:42 pm
>> all right, mike pompeo at the state department meeting with his counterpart from canada. they might start taking questions on the upcoming north korea event, so we will keep monitoring this. in the meantime there is a new farm bill they are debating in washington, it's being debated in the house and it will require
1:43 pm
some tougher requirements. will require -- you get the idea. more stringent requirements to get food stamps. the latest now from mike emanuel. >> good afternoon. there will be a big push this weekend and into next week to get enough votes to pass a five year farm bill in the house. president trump is expected to play a critical role. many supported this president after a hint of a veto from the white house, the chairman tells him the president is on board because the house plan contains the tough work requirements for folks on food stamps. >> and those folks were capable folks 18-59 that should be in the workforce, particularly in the growing economy that we have with new jobs being created every single day. so having two-thirds of that 35% not working, or at least not reporting earned income is troubling and that's where we focus our efforts. >> much of the package deals with crop insurance and commodity programs, but food
1:44 pm
stamps are a major component. in fact, nearly 80% of the spending in the new farm bill goes to nutrition assistance including food stamps. republicans noted that last farm bill made changes putting the spending curve on a downward trend. democrats are anxious that the changes in the farm bill could go too far. >> any amount of waste, fraud and abuse has to be stamped out. no doubt about it. if you take a sledgehammer to the issue, and impose work restrictions that end up really causing harm to children, not to mention their parents, you are basically doing a disservice. >> with the work requirements for food stamps, the overwhelming number of democrats are expected to vote "no." so house g.o.p. leaders need republicans to be unified in order to get this done. >> all right, thank you very much. when we come back, the push by
1:45 pm
comics always attacking the president of the united states. why jerry seinfeld is standing out by taking atr little bit ofa different stance. after this ere's sumatra? good question. this is win. and that's win's goat, adi. the coffee here is amazing. because the volcanic soil is amazing. making the coffee erupt with flavor. so we give farmers like win more plants. to grow more delicious coffee. that erupts with even more flavor. which helps provide for win's family. and adi the goat's family too. because his kids eat a lot. all, for a smoother tasting cup of coffee. green mountain coffee roasters. packed with goodness. so allstate is giving us money back on our bill. well, that seems fair. we didn't use it. wish we got money back on gym memberships.
1:46 pm
get money back hilarious. with claim-free rewards. switching to allstate is worth it.
1:47 pm
i support the affordable care act, and voted against all trump's attempts to repeal it. but we need to do more. i believe in universal health care.
1:48 pm
in a public health option to compete with private insurance companies. and expanding medicare to everyone over 55. and i believe medicare must be empowered to negotiate the price of drugs. california values senator dianne feinstein >> i love these segments especially with a chance to talk about really topical issues that everyone is getting related to here. and this one concerns the dressing down, we are told to, the had with his secretary . and i don't know if this is the kind of thing that has happened to you, where your boss has yelled at you in front of everybody. what do you think of that? there were reports that she threatened to quit, but she
1:49 pm
didn't. other people are denying that even came up. how do you feel about that? you are a world audio technicia technician, this is her 23rd hour, it's like the jerry lewis telethon. anyway, michael perez. so carly, on this issue, what do you think of that? the president apparently had it out about what's going on at the border. why are these illegals still getting in here? and then called her out. >> the fact that this made news proves that we live in a crazy time. can you imagine if a member of the military complained about getting yelled at, a police officer or someone that worked on wall street? the president is no ordinary boss, the homeland security office is no ordinary employee. i would be worried about a report of him falling asleep during a meeting, but could you
1:50 pm
imagine if you read a headline about winston churchill yelling at somebody back in the day, i don't think that would happen. >> i have gotten yelled at, at every job i've been income from retail to -- >> for good reason. >> exactly, you yelled at me 20 minutes ago. i cried, and you said it's okay. >> i mean, he's the ceo of the country, talking to his top tenants. >> i get hit but i don't think yelling at and berating somebody is a good idea. brooking institute just did a big report on this. it's double that of ronald reagan, triple that of obama. >> so maybe he demands more of his people. >> i imagined greg got field yelling at me and i got mad just thinking about it. >> i have been at the receiving end of being yelled at sometimes for the right reasons, sometimes
1:51 pm
for the wrong reasons. >> but there are players, coaches and people who handle things more aggressively. i always think it is with a desire to inspire. they were also talking about immigration which is something the president is really passionate about so it doesn't surprise me that he yelled. if you need a sensitive boss, that's something you require, that's totally fine but also you may be shouldn't be working for donald trump. >> or maybe you shouldn't be a secretary, i don't agree with that type of demeanor or style but that is a high-pressure situation. everyone knows what's going on and they knew this would get out as well and it did. so whether she was so frustrated that she offered to quit and people are disputing that, it is what it is. >> i so want to say, the average american company has a 15% turnover rate. this administration, the top-tier cabinet, 50% in the first year. that's not good. >> he's yelling.
1:52 pm
laugh laugh >> i do have to say, and if you get yelled at, -- well you hear that every time -- >> it seems like it's started to be more of the thing with people. if you do get in trouble you reacted with a tantrum or something. you see me do it. >> jerry seinfeld might be distinguishing himself, and it's not that he was telling david letterman in this latest netflix interview that he is an apologist for donald trump, he is just a political. he will not even bring it up. >> i think that's really smart. there are millions upon millions of americans that strongly support donald trump and he's only true narrowing his audience if all he's going to do is sit there and ride on the president over and over again.
1:53 pm
and also, i'm sick of those jokes. let's talk about something else. isn't anyone out there thinking about something else? i'm no stand-up comedian but i feel like one of the tricks is surprising people with what you say and there's really no surprise anymore on specifically "saturday night live" and late-night tv, because you know what roads they are going to go down. >> there's plenty of other material, but they were saying it has gotten very, very mean. and even people whether they like the president or dislike the president, in 2015 he got in trouble again because everyone was saying he was being way too politically correct. seinfeld said, look. i think the political correctness thing is a pain in the, i'm going to say, i play t
1:54 pm
a stand-up comedian but i play one on tv sometimes. bill cosby prior to everything that happened to him, he made a name for himself. he did not talk about political stuff or race, he just talked about what growing up was like. i think it's become hard for people to not talk about that stuff. it's because it's weird world. >> don't yell at me. [laughs] >> mother's day weekend. i don't know. we are willing to spend lots of money on mom. we spend a lot more on mom than we do data, why is that? >> we love our mom. >> and we don't love dad? >> it's because women deserve finer things. >> right now the economy is doing very well so it's interesting to look at what they are spending it on. more and more, people want experiences instead of possessions. we see spa packages and -- >> you just want a massage so you
1:55 pm
can sleep. >> i would take it. on average, i read that americans spend $180 on mother's day, which was really surprising to me. >> bake a cake. >> the other thing too is that people are starting to expect presence because they are mothers. so it's just -- you deserve something. >> i wonder why people think they don't have to spend on father's day but on mother's day -- >> just get me a tie. i don't want anything. >> i don't really care. >> i hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day, mother's day weekend. just remember, if you don't get something, from your husband or boyfriend it, you will pay for it. you will! [laughs] contact a dell advisor today.
1:56 pm
no one thought much of itm at all.l people said it just made a mess until exxonmobil scientists put it to the test. they thought someday it could become fuel and power our cars wouldn't that be cool? and that's why exxonmobil scientists think it's not small at all. energy lives here. this endangered species is getting help from some unexpected friends. these zebra and antelope. they're wearing iot sensors, connected to the ibm cloud. when poachers enter the area, the animals run for it. which alerts rangers, who can track their motions and help stop them before any harm is done. it's a smart way to help increase the rhino population. and turn the poachers into the endangered species.
1:57 pm
♪ ♪
1:58 pm
1:59 pm
>> starting talking about the nation. coming together as a people in spite of what you say. >> i am more offended as an african-american woman than you will ever be. this president about making america great again, it is your president dividing this country. don't talk to me about the fact we don't understand -- no, i will not yield. don't tell me we don't understand. that's the attitude towards women time and time again. >> back and forth it went. congressman, what happened here? on cavuto live tomorrow. this exchange cuts to the core of the differences between the parties on what is at stake. democrats say he went too far. republicans say she went too far. what is the real skinny?
2:00 pm
two powerful hours and many powerful guests live on a saturday. because we care. because we like to hear people yelling and your reaction to them yelling. "the five" is next. >> ♪ >> ♪ >> hello. i am jesse watters with kimberly guilfoyle, juan williams, and greg gutfeld in new york. this is "the five." >> our now slogan in 2020. do you know what it is? keep america great. >> [cheers and applause]. >> because we are doing so well. that in another few years when we start the heavy campaign, make america great again would not work out well. it's

30 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on