Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 15, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PDT

2:00 pm
♪ >> kimberly: hello, everyone. i am kimberly guilfoyle with dana perino, greg gutfeld, jesse watters, and juan william juan williams. the white house is fighting a brand-new battle to combat internal leaks. president trump taking a twitter to blast staffers for the latest unauthorized disclosures. the leaks coming out of the white house are massive over exaggeration put out by the fake news media in order to make us look as bad as possible. with that being said, leakers are traitors and cowards, and we will find out who they are!"
2:01 pm
kellyanne conway is warning big changes are coming and these leakers could be kicked to the curb. >> there are all kinds of leaks. some exist to her colleagues. some exist because they disagree with policies. but none of them are helpful. i will say something else that's going on in this white house but not as badly as it was in the beginning. it's not so much leaking. it is using the media to shiv each other. you have the blessing of coming to work every day in this white house. >> do you expect personnel changes? >> i do. >> kimberly: strong words coming not only from the president but his staffers. he's very frustrated because at a time like this you want to be focusing on accomplishments, goals, campaign promises fulfilled. all the positive things that have been coming out of the white house, but then you have these leaks which makes it frustrating. >> jesse: as comey says,
2:02 pm
there's a lot of weasel moves be made and the trump white house and there's reasons for that. president trump rings out the best and worst in people because he encourages competition with his staff. the an outsider businessman, he brought in 1,000 different factions. families, loyalists, campaign people, insiders, military, ideologues, nonideologues. when you have so many factions commit are going to have the diversity of opinion. trump devours tv and print media obviously. one of the ways you influence him is to leak. he is also a talker. he talks to a thousand people a day. he's on the phone, calling people, and he's extremely emotional and speaks colorfully and bluntly. a lot of times you can't resist the urge to leak because you can't believe what the president said. people are inspired to leak. >> kimberly: so money.
2:03 pm
>> greg: a phrase from 1990. >> dana: he is our youngest guy. >> jesse: and the institutions in d.c., they are not always in love with the president. we know that comey himself hated trump personally, the fbi people too, and ban leaked in order to signal the special counsel. i think john kelly -- trump can say look at the fake news media and diminish their credibility. of the same time, there is fake news. there is legit leaks. there's fake news because you have sources that are unnamed, unverified, unsubstantiated coming from third-rate players who have axes to grind. the obama white house, you never
2:04 pm
have this problem. no one leaked because they were on the same side of the press. everything that came out of the obama white house was spun positively. >> kimberly: there you go, a water log for you. day now, please try to match that. >> dana: match it? i don't have enough air to say those things. >> kimberly: money. >> dana: when i was there, i would save the white house communications team was on the front page of the paper or leading "the five," i would have been mortified. you don't want to be the news. you want the president to be the news. he is the news. this is part of him. the other way to look at this is that if we are leading the show with this news, that must mean things are pretty good elsewhere. we are not leading with other dramatic things. we are going to talk about israel and gaza in the next block. i think there's a big problem.
2:05 pm
i think a lot of people believe that if they are talking to somebody in the media and you get a little bit of a thrill when you see yourself quoted, even if it's anonymously because you know someone thinks you are important. the reporters keep going back. they are not fake. they are journalists reporting the story. the president calls them traitors. i would assume in a small group like the one they have, they probably know who it is. i think maggie from "the new york times" kimono for tweets yesterday was that sometimes people complaining most about the leaks are actually the leakers. i don't know who is getting fired. it's always been my experience that the person who usually complains the first and the loudest as the leaker. >> kimberly: so interesting. or should we say muy interesant
2:06 pm
interesante. >> greg: i am not sure if it's a leak. i vague about my experience working at magazines and stories that get out. people don't call up a reporter. they vent or they go to a bar and they talk loudly. that's what i do. so what happens is, to jesse's point, this interesting stuff has come out. trump is the show. he is the show. people come out and they talk about stuff and then that gets picked up. it happened to me a lot of times when i used to work at magazines. i would tell somebody a story and it would be in the magazine. why did i tell that to that guy because he got drunk and then he told somebody else and it ends up in page six. that i have to explain myself. >> kimberly: that is the pinot noir game. >> greg: i think it is people venting and gossiping. i don't think it's actually deliberate leaks.
2:07 pm
>> dana: don't think that one was, the one about senator mccain? >> greg: i think somebody walked out and was just disgusted by the joke, walked outside, so i can't believe -- didn't call a reporter but said to somebody else, you wouldn't believe what this person said. >> dana: they had three sources. >> kimberly: they probably backed it up. obviously has to do something to make sure, there are people talking and it's counterproductive to a positive work environment, juan, for any administration, whether it is obama or clinton or bush or with president trump. you are trying to focus on goals and objectives. this is a distraction. >> juan: seems to me on so many levels what we are dealing with. today is the fallout from the nasty comment about senator mccain. you say oh, my god. it's a leak. it's terrible. guess what. the real problem here is what
2:08 pm
was said, and the failure to apologize publicly for it, so it's like let's put on the shows in the act and the mask and we will pretend that's another story. the story is the leak. the leaks have been there all along. i was curious about the leak. it was just last week i think that president, maybe it was this week, things go so quickly. the president was tweeting about this chinese company and the negotiators who were trying to make a deal on trade for china. where did that come from? why thought in the papers? you think about, his light schedule in the morning, executive time, that's a leak. gee, i don't know. rob porter, john kelly. how about his nasty comment about people coming from africa, the caribbean, el salvador. how about just last week, kirstjen nielsen. saying she wasn't going to resign. then john kelly called her and asked her not to resign. >> greg: juan, you have drifted so far.
2:09 pm
>> juan: you are the one who was off in space and this is what it's about. >> greg: i need you to explain that to me. >> juan: these stories about the white house trying to change the story. the white house does not want to focus on what was said about senator mccain. they want instead to pretend president trump is under siege by his enemies. >> greg: that is what i am responding to. you don't have to say i am often space. the point, the important point, you have to separate the elements. the leak from the leaking. the leak, a joke told in private, that's a separate stor story. you can be upset, juan, about something said privately or off-camera that ends up in the press. because that has happened to you and it has happened to me and it has happened to a lot of people. you see something new becomes a big story because somebody leaked it. the point of this story isn't about the item itself which is
2:10 pm
the joke. it's about how something private becomes a public story. that's what it's about. >> kimberly: that is what he is upset about. the president is upset he can't seek private counsel or have a private conversation without somebody leaking it. anybody would be frustrated about that. that's the point of the whole segment. general kelly took people's phones way. i don't know what they are doing, hand signals, whatever. the point is, stuff is getting out and it's counterproductive. >> dana: one of the real dangers is that it does run the risk of chilling conversation so that if you go into a meeting. you are in the roosevelt room and you need to kick around ideas for policy time, you don't want to be the one who says i'm afraid to say something in this meeting. i'm not going to make a comment like that about senator mccain senator mccain. but if you say that's not a good idea because of xyz, and you are shooting the breeze in your brainstorming, and it goes in the paper, it runs the risk of
2:11 pm
the president not getting his appointees' best advice. >> greg: i want to add to that that i do think your point about conversation being chilled is important. but we have to admit we have told jokes. everybody tells a sick joke privately. they may not remember that they did but they have. we are setting a dangerous precedent. all of my favorite people are tasteless. >> dana: what's interesting is that somebody in the room took the joke. whatever it is they don't lie, somebody in the room, they were willing to go out and do that. that's a bigger institutional problem. >> greg: you could say the joke is awful. >> juan: it wasn't a joke. >> greg: it was a bad joke. >> juan: nobody except you would describe it as a joke. "just about dead," nobody took it as a joke.
2:12 pm
it wasn't reported as a joke. my point is that we know the president talks a great deal. he talks to people here at fox news apparently regularly. >> greg: who are you referring to? >> juan: i don't know. i can go on either side of me. it seems to me that people in the know who are strong republicans, karl rove saying that the president is the biggest leaker of all because he talks. when i am saying yes when you talk about people having confidence. these eric trump's people. he brought these people in. then all of a sudden the poor president. the poor president. what are you talking about. >> greg: i never said poor president. >> kimberly: he is transparent. he leaks on twitter. he tells everybody what he thinks and what is feeling. he is the president. the owner and the keeper of the information, so if he wants to talk to a reporter, maggie haberman or somebody, rudy giuliani, what ever come of
2:13 pm
this is what he does. this is how he operates. >> juan: a lot of people think there needs to be a historical record gap because things are so strange right now in the white house. >> kimberly: there should be a record because it's strange? >> juan: people want the historical record to be clear. it's like the phone call with the australian prime minister. no problem. turns out it was a big problem and somebody leaked it because they want of the world to know this is the way he talks to our allies. >> greg: i have witnessed things said in this company that people who didn't think it was ever going to be public but somebody said it. >> kimberly: that was profound profound. stunning reaction is that media places blame on the u.s. and israel for the deadly protests in gaza and the west bank. that's next. stay with us.
2:14 pm
with expedia, you can book a flight, hotel, car, and activity... ...all in one place. everything you need to go. expedia
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
2:17 pm
mr. elliot, what's your wiwifi?ssword? wifi's ordinary. basic. do i look basic? nope! which is why i have xfinity xfi. it's super fast and you can control every device in the house. [ child offscreen ] hey! let's basement. and thanks to these xfi pods, the signal reaches down here, too. so sophie, i have an xfi password, and it's "daditude". simple. easy. awesome. xfinity. the future of awesome. ♪ >> dana: yesterday was supposed to be a joyous day as history was made in the holy land with the u.s. embassy opening in jerusalem, but some of the media questioned the white house's response to the deadly rides in the gaza strip.
2:18 pm
>> an awful scene unfolding. tens of thousands of palestinians, some waving that flag, the flag of a people without a country, a tide of protest against the u.s. embassy opening. >> with slingshots and burning tires, the protesters including six children who were reportedly killed today, seem to be losing their lives for nothing. >> more than 40 people dead today, and the white house isn't offering condolences. they are not offering any sort of heartfelt comments on the loss of life. >> dana: the "new york daily news" is getting backlash over its cover tying ivanka trump to the violence in gaza. it's not just the media. actress bette midler unloads on twitter. "you lose a p.r. advantage with this one, mr. trump." ivanka and jared yukking it up in jerusalem while the palestinians get shot at. perfect, you moron.
2:19 pm
also don't and a sentence with a proposition. in commentary, the notion that people were injured by live fire was less than 1%. it should be met with skepticis skepticism. figures are bandied about in the press without concern about their effect. to know these things would be to expose the extent to which the press has played." >> greg: the media feels like this is hamas groundhog day. the strategy is straightforward. flood the area with civilians, converge on the border. and then that gives cover thomas soldiers who use explosives. what happened is hamas is actually using civilians as cannon fodder. then the media covers it and hamas gets what they want.
2:20 pm
what have groups like hamas done for the palestinian people in terms of quality of life versus, america which has given hundreds of millions and palestinian aid. the answer is hamas isn't interested in the quality of life because if there is an improvement, there's no incentive for violence. they need to give the palestinians unhappy and miserable or they want to actually obey them when they get on the loudspeakers and tell them to converge on the border. this has all been done before. >> dana: you had the rioters obviously very upset. pushing in on the border, throwing rocks. there was a response. nikki haley today at the u.n. said israel takes great care to be careful about civilians and not be disproportionate in its response but the media doesn't seem to be having that. >> jesse: very pristine they were. imagine ms-13 throwing molotov
2:21 pm
cocktails over our southern border. what do you think we would do? we would do exactly what israel did. we probably wouldn't be as restrained as israel. a lot of these people that were there, as greg said, infiltrated the crowd, hamas. we sow reports coming out of the mideast that shows a majority of the people that were dead were actually hamas security forces, and iranian sponsored islamic jihad soldiers. when bette midler comes out and says what she says, she has tried to make it look like she cares more about loss of life than donald trump. but that's ridiculous, because where was bette midler when obama sat by and isis was running wild, killing people. she didn't say anything. it's selective outrage based on party, not principle. greg likes to say this is a virtue signaling. there is no virtue with bette midler because it's all about attacking the president. the palestinians are in a tough spot and we believe all laws of
2:22 pm
life is bad. under certain point, palestinians have to say to themselves we're going to be on the losing end of this. we are outgunned. we have to make peace. every time they try to bring violence to the border, it works against them. israel increases their buffer, it hardens israeli positions. what they are doing now is not helping, so they have to switch gears because right now it's not working. a >> dana: juan, do you think the media plays favorites when it comes to hamas? i say that with caution because i know you have covered foreign policy for a long time before coming here and being with us on "the five." i'm curious what you think about that in terms of how the media gets its information about what's happening there. >> juan: in fact, i think to the contrary, the media is very clear that israel is the low democracy and it's a strong u.s. ally and it's always treated with great respect because we have a strong pro-israeli force in this country.
2:23 pm
as you know, dana, this country gives billions of dollars to israel in terms of supporting them and offering them military protection. much of that coverage is directed in that sense, but it's also the case i think when you see people being killed or you see people being humiliated that there is a sense of oh, my gosh. what's going on? are we getting the entire story from the other side? yesterday you had a situation where people died. a loss of life. that's pretty dramatic. you have the tv stations putting up one box that has ivanka and jared and then you have the people on the other side involved. >> dana: don't you think in some ways, i will get kimberly in here, don't you think that's what hamas was hoping for, the juxtaposition of the photographs? >> kimberly: 100%. that is their idea of winning. they want to put forth this narrative. really propaganda.
2:24 pm
using human beings and palestinians essentially as cannon fodder, that's what hamas has done. focus is put on the loss of life then you have other reports or people are literally getting paid to go forward if they get shot they get a certain amount of money or family members killed. this was being reported today. you can shake your head all you want. the reality is this kind of terrorism -- >> juan: 35,000 people. >> kimberly: i didn't say that that. >> juan: i am telling you how many people were out there. far more than hamas. we are not discussing the provocative action taken by the president to shift the capital to jerusalem and i think mr. art of the deal, what did you get for them? are we focused on peace in the middle east? no. >> dana: a realignment of middle east allies that are supportive of these actions on iran. >> greg: it has been promised by previous leaders. >> kimberly: but nobody did it it. the bottom line is, he made at
2:25 pm
step forward and let's advance on it. what he's trying to do is move on target to have peace in the middle east. everybody has tried it. he has a unique and novel approach. >> dana: the palestinians deserve better leadership. >> kimberly: they do, and hold hamas accountable for their acts of terrorism, what they've done in their blood lust to create this chaos and casualties in human beings over there. they are the ones to blame. >> dana: let's switch gears. nancy pelosi facing pushback from democrats. trying to quell impeachment talk. that's next. served. i was a c130 mechanic in the corps, served. so i'm not happy unless my hands are dirty. between running a business and four kids, we're busy. auto insurance, homeowner's insurance, life insurance policies. knowing that usaa will always have my back... that's just one less thing you have to worry about. i couldn't imagine going anywhere else. they're like a friend of the family.
2:26 pm
we are the cochran family, and we'll be usaa members for life. save by bundling usaa home and auto insurance. get a quote today. is taking the family up to the lake for the weekend. but without the white knuckles this time. 'cuz his new 2018 ford f-150 has blis with trailer coverage. it's brainiac smart. not only does it watch your f-150's blind spots, it's got your trailer covered too. just another reason why ford f-series is america's best-selling truck for 41 straight years. ♪ this is the new 2018 ford f-150. it doesn't just raise the bar, pal. it is the bar.
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
we believe nutrition is full of possibilities to improve your pet's life. we are redefining what nutrition can do.
2:29 pm
because the possibility of a longer life and a better life is the greatest possibility of all. purina pro plan. nutrition that performs. >> impeach him. mph 45. impeach 45. >> this president has made statements that are hurtful to this country into our moral standards.
2:30 pm
>> i will vote to move impeachment forward. >> jesse: it is no secret liberal democrats one who beats the president. congressman al green is going after nancy pelosi for trying to tamp down the crazy talk. pelosi telling the dallas morning news "it's a policy thing and a behavior thing. i don't know if you can get impeached for being a jerk. if we did, this guy would be long gone but this is unifying." green isn't buying it. he is ripping pelosi for trivializing impeachment and says the process is tailor-made for trump. a big split the democratic party, juan. this is going to hurt you guys come and you must admit that. [laughter] >> kimberly: right now. >> juan: you got me, jesse. >> kimberly: i am pleased that juan was honest and conceded the point because it was so obvious. >> juan: it is such a delight. people saying i really want to hear this. i want to know that these dastardly democrats are going
2:31 pm
down. the thing is, the problem for you, jesse, nancy pelosi and you are on the same side. what are you going to do? >> jesse: it's scary. what are you going to do? >> kimberly: that happened to me one time, due to marriage. >> juan: i have written about this and i came out on the side of al green, not nancy pelosi. >> jesse: that doesn't surprise me. >> juan: 70% of democrats think this guy is nuts and we should impeach. >> jesse: you need a crime in order to impeach. >> kimberly: the democrats and liberals, i don't know what they are smoking these days. what is there to impeach the president on? there isn't anything. now there is this divide because they realize it's not working. although president trump bashing, the inaccuracies, the lies in the media. 91% negative coverage. it's backfiring. he's accomplishing the things he set out to do and that's why his poll numbers are up and that's
2:32 pm
why things are getting done. when you look, you can ping-pong across the world. let's go to north korea and south korea. that's working out. he's making advancements there. let's go over to israel. he's got the embassy opening. let's cover the economy and the united states, that's working. jobs up, unemployment down. these are the things that americans are looking out. it's tangible. they don't want to hear this nonsense. >> jesse: being a jerk is not a high crime and misdemeanor. >> dana: no. >> jesse: walked right into that. >> dana: now the democrats are all saying don't talk about impeachment all the time. even willie brown who said maybe you need to go into a 12-step program to get rid of your trump derangement syndrome. i think they are talking about something that the republicans aren't and that is health care. when they are not talking about impeachment, they are starting to talk about health care and i'm wondering about the polling on that because they must see
2:33 pm
something that makes them think that's the key. i also like the democrats could be worried about two states going into 2020. minnesota and colorado apparently are two opportunities the trump administration thinks could go their way in 2020. you will see less impeachment talk and more on policy. >> jesse: final word, greg gutfeld. >> greg: you know what's great great. trump in, they lose. trump out, they really lose. how absurd is it to think, how are they going to deal with president pence whose conservatism makes trump looks like bernie sanders. the other great part is you really don't lose trump if you impeach him. you gain a heroic murderer who will be effectively bigger than both parties combined. >> jesse: trump tower. >> greg: trump untethered would say this ain't nixon going
2:34 pm
away. >> jesse: no peace sign and helicopter. >> greg: this is paul bunyan. if you go ahead with impeachmen impeachment, you're going to be dealing with godzilla, and orange godzilla. >> jesse: and godzilla will be on hannity every night. next, the new "last man standing" reboot on fox. ensure he's well taken care of, even as you build your own plans for retirement. see how lincoln can help.
2:35 pm
fthere's flonase sensimist.tchy and watery near pollen. it relieves all your worst symptoms including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. and all from a gentle mist you can barely feel. flonase sensimist.
2:36 pm
to bring together a group of remarkable people. to help save the universe... from paying too much on their car insurance. hey, there's cake in the breakroom... what are you doing? um...nothing? marvel studios' avengers: infinity war, in theaters april 27th. now...where were we? with recurring constipation and belly pain if you feel like you spend too much time in the bathroom talk to your doctor and say yesss! to linzess. ♪ yesss! linzess treats adults with ibs with constipation or chronic constipation. linzess can help relieve your belly pain, and lets you have more frequent and complete bowel movements. linzess is not a laxative. it works differently to help you get ahead of your recurring constipation and belly pain. do not give linzess to children less than 6, and it should not be given to children 6 to less than 18.
2:37 pm
it may harm them. do not take linzess if you have a bowel blockage. get immediate help if you develop unusual or severe stomach pain, especially with bloody or black stools. the most common side effect is diarrhea, sometimes severe. if it's severe, stop taking linzess and call your doctor right away. other side effects include gas, stomach area pain, and swelling. so say yesss! to help for recurring constipation. yesss! to help for belly pain. talk to your doctor and say yesss! linzess.
2:38 pm
♪ >> juan: oh, boy, are we on the verge of another conservative comeback? "last man standing" headed back to tv. fox is reviving the series, second highest rated comedy on abc before was canceled after a six season run. a fox tv executive says that the success of rosanne's reboot has
2:39 pm
emboldened them to bring tim allen back. another fox executive says the show wasn't canceled because of the politics. in any case, here is a sneak peek at the reboot. >> the best day ever. >> what have you been doing? >> honey, only ask questions you really want answers to. do you think i am too affectionate? >> yes. that is the beef everybody has with you. >> there is only one book you have to follow word for word. >> the bible. >> the federal tax code. >> juan: he has been a trump supporter all along, and now he's coming back. in light of what happened with roseanne, an astounding success. what do you say? >> greg: i don't remember his show being conservative politically. i think that's what the show is here, conservative because it's not so annoyingly liberal. hollywood is so far left, this being normal, which is what that
2:40 pm
show appears to become a normal common sense, is now right wing. that is the story. >> juan: dana, it's interesting because the people at roseann say they are going to do more family stuff, less politics, and greg makes the point that showed to him wasn't all that political. >> dana: right, i think in some ways just because of maybe the way things have been the last three years, we are coming up on the three years since president trump went down the escalator. we are seeing everything through some sort of political lens when maybe it doesn't even really have to be that way. it could be that fox thinks that it can make money having tim allen's show back on air, that's a good business decision and doesn't necessarily have to do with politics. there was an outcry when it was canceled. i think this is probably a good business move. not necessarily a political one. >> kimberly: well reasoned and well stated. >> dana: thank you. >> juan: the impact on us is that thursday night football is going to be on fox they're going to absolutely use that to launch
2:41 pm
their friday night schedule, including mr. allen. >> kimberly: kimberly, big 49ers fan. >> juan: what do you think of tim allen? do you think it's about a conservative resurgence? >> jesse: i don't know if he was a real conservative advocate when he was on the air. i know off the air, he is but i think lights go off in hollywood says there's 60 million republican voters and they all have tvs. like dana said, it's that this decision. conservative entertainment does very well. politics is funny. jon stewart does well. "saturday night live" does well. greg gutfeld, watters' world. tucker carlson. it's a riot. there is an appetite for politics and humor, and people for a long time and hollywood tried to keep down conservative talents because they were always supposed to be marginalized and ridiculed. you don't want to have a
2:42 pm
conservative voice glamorized because you want to try to sideline those voices. now money talks. >> kimberly: it is like field of dreams. they built a mega-home and they went. you give them a place to watch and view a leg roseanne, why wouldn't you try to capture that part of the market? makes perfect business sense. tim allen is incredibly talented in the show was well received. i think of the smart business decision. >> dana: we should have them on the show for a segment one day. >> jesse: already booked on watters' world. >> kimberly: with sebastian gorka. [laughter] >> jesse: he doesn't go on with anybody else. >> kimberly: exclusive to jesse. >> juan: if you are hoping to bring your comfort pet goat on your next flight, out of luck for the emotional support animal crackdown. that's next on "the five" with dr. greg.
2:43 pm
insurance that won't replace the full value of your new car? you're better off throwing your money right into the harbor. i'm gonna regret that. with new car replacement, if your brand new car gets totaled, liberty mutual will pay the entire value plus depreciation. liberty stands with you. liberty mutual insurance. crazy enough to believe it can change the world. fearless is resilient enough to suffer the slings and arrows -- and come out stronger. fearless reads the rules, understands the limitations, listens to the naysayers -- and then goes ahead and does it anyway. you know what we make. fearless makes us who we are. mercedes-amg. driving performance. if you way too often...e moves then you might have a common condition called dry mouth... which can be brought on by many things, like medication and medical conditions.
2:44 pm
biotène provides immediate, long lasting relief from dry mouth symptoms. it is clinically proven to soothe and moisturize a dry mouth. plus, it freshens breath. biotène. immediate and long lasting dry mouth symptom relief. to california schoolsd, need big change. marshall tuck is the only candidate for state superintendent who's done it before. less bureaucracy, more classroom funding. marshall tuck for state superintendent. marshall tuck.
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
marshall tuck will change that. in california, 3 million kids can't read at grade level. tuck turned around struggling schools, raising graduation rates over 60%. marshall tuck for state superintendent. marshall tuck. ♪ >> greg: starting in july, american airlines will ban ferrets, hedgehogs, and goats from their planes. we went to a goat for comment.
2:47 pm
[baa-ing] a huge increase in service animals once designed for people with medical issues, people with ptsd, disabilities. now it is being tried by anyone wanting to take their critter along for emotional support. you have someone dragging a peacock on a plane which turns a therapy tool into a joke. this is not really about peacocks. it's about people. whenever something is designed to help you come other people always take advantage of it. you create a cool product. someone counterfeited. you invent a drug that kills pain and it becomes party favor. something good always gets hijacked by humans who may not need it at all. support animals are no different. people game the system, sometimes even with game, kimberly, which makes it hard for real patients.
2:48 pm
if you are applying for service animal documentation and you're only doing it because you are captain snuggles near you and you are not a veteran or a victim of accident or illness, you are not being cool. this is coming from a bona fide service animal. it's true. i'm willing to travel anywhere, provide comfort for you for the right price, a bad, and a free meal. call me. i fit under the seat. >> jesse: were you at the prom? >> greg: i was at the prom. >> dana: you will have so many offers. >> greg: that is a great song. i will be your comfort animal. >> kimberly: the money thing. you are going to have to pay. >> greg: why don't airplanes create separate comfort cabins for pets. people don't want to put their pets in the baggage area. what if one industry said we have this area that can hold 20 pets. >> dana: they are all going to fight. >> jesse: you have obviously
2:49 pm
never flown commercial. there is no room in airplanes. you can't have a separate section. most people have no legroom. >> greg: that is not a problem for me. >> kimberly: and now it's even closer distance in your needs are up to here. it's not good. >> greg: juan, would you ever bring a therapy pet? >> kimberly: he needs to bring one to the set every day. [laughter] >> juan: funny, funny. i am curious about this because i thought you guys would be absent and say you know what, the government shouldn't get involved with this. your legislation. richard shelby richard shelby. >> dana: the government didn't. so far companies are doing it themselves. this is an american airlines. >> juan: richard burr of north carolina so i am thick enough. he has some legislation that says it has to be a service animal. >> dana: trying to protect veterans or people who really needed. i have a question, greg.
2:50 pm
excluding miniature horses properly trained as service animals, i have never seen one potty trained. >> kimberly: how would you know? >> greg: they don't have potties, dana. you grew up on a ranch. you can't potty train a horse. >> kimberly: this is getting out of control. >> greg: the segment or the idea? >> jesse: it is like medical marijuana. it starts off legit and you go to venice beach and then the doctor comes out with dreadlocks and you say you have the sniffles. >> kimberly: personal anecdote? >> juan: what happens if one of these animals attacks you or somebody says i don't want to sit next to them. >> greg: what if you are allergic to cats and you have a therapy cat? >> dana: how would you know if you are allergic to a peacock? >> greg: i found out the hard
2:51 pm
way. [laughter] the point is you shouldn't punish the patient. when people game the system. >> dana: know a couple who are gaming the system. >> greg: "one more thing" up next.
2:52 pm
it's just a burst pipe, i could fix it. (laugh) no. with claim rateguard your rates won't go up just beacuase of a claim. i totally could've... (wife) nope! switching to allstate is worth it.
2:53 pm
and i recently had hi, ia heart attack. it changed my life. but i'm a survivor. after my heart attack, my doctor prescribed brilinta. it's for people who have been hospitalized for a heart attack. brilinta is taken with a low-dose aspirin. no more than 100 milligrams as it affects how well brilinta works. brilinta helps keep platelets from sticking together and forming a clot. in a clinical study, brilinta worked better than plavix. brilinta reduced the chance of having another heart attack... ...or dying from one. don't stop taking brilinta without talking to your doctor,
2:54 pm
since stopping it too soon increases your risk of clots in your stent, heart attack, stroke, and even death. brilinta may cause bruising or bleeding more easily, or serious, sometimes fatal bleeding. don't take brilinta if you have bleeding, like stomach ulcers, a history of bleeding in the brain, or severe liver problems. slow heart rhythm has been reported. tell your doctor about bleeding new or unexpected shortness of breath any planned surgery, and all medicines you take. if you recently had a heart attack, ask your doctor if brilinta is right for you. my heart is worth brilinta. if you can't afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help. ♪
2:55 pm
[laughter] >> kimberly: greg. the energy to self promote. greg. >> greg: if you, when you were growing up and you wanted to be a writer, chances are you probably wanted to be tom wolf. i grew up idolizing him. he just died. he was 88 years old. most of us probably read electric kool-aid acid test. bonfire of the vanities. >> dana: bonfire of the vanities is a great book. >> greg: the movie let me down. he was a unique, cool, known for his style. he always stood out with a white suit. he was a fantastic writer. when i worked at the american spectator. he would write for them. died at 88. his books shall live on. unlike all of us. >> kimberly: my favorite writer.
2:56 pm
sunday marked the beginning of national police officer week, and this is national peace officers memorial day. today we honor the law enforcement officers killed or disabled in the line of duty. president trump attended the annual national peace officers memorial service where he greeted the families of police officers before giving a truly moving speech. the family members they are today, and the way he spoke to them wasn't credible. he called the officers among the bravest americans ever live, adding that they stared down danger with courage, dignity and pride. the officers ride in a roll call today. we want to thank them for their sacrifice. >> dana: have you ever seen one of my favorite shows, the mix. take a look. >> are you hungry? >> why didn't we pay for it? >> we didn't have any money. >> i will pay for it. >> dana: we had a segment about home improvement.
2:57 pm
foxes picking out home improvement. last man standing. excuse me. they broke my heart today, they canceled the mick. it was not politically correct. made fun of everyone, the rich, the elite. the hilarious. maybe they can give it another shot. check it out. >> kimberly: maybe it will be brought back. >> dana: i hope so. it was hilarious. >> juan: do you believe in angels? last night in east jordan michigan, the fire chief got an alert from the driveway security camera at his home. when he took a look, here is what he saw. we report, you decide. immediately called his wife and said honey, i've got a angel hovering over my truck. she agreed. they sent the picture to the minister. she agreed. "angels in america." those skeptics. one photo analyst said it looked like a big mouth got into the
2:58 pm
camera lens. even if the doubters and say there is nothing conclusive. if you believe in angels and love america's fastest selling vehicle, the pickup truck, today you got a blessing. somebody is looking out for you. >> kimberly: that was like a commercial. >> juan: are you going to buy a pickup truck? >> kimberly: i love a good truck. >> jesse: i have a confession to make. >> greg: you read a book. [laughter] 's >> jesse: i am reading a book about hillary clinton. not only that, it's written by "new york times" reporter. one of the best books of all time. i love this book by amy. she is an incredible writer. it's an actual genuine endorsement of the book. amy chozick. it's very good. it's about hillary. i don't know what is going on with me. >> kimberly: there is
2:59 pm
something behind this. are you writing a profile? >> greg: an endorsement for this poor writer. >> jesse: i would love to meet this woman. i would like maybe a signed copy. >> kimberly: is it a joke? >> jesse: it is not a joke. there are a ton of great anecdotes about her covering the hillary clinton campaign from behind the scenes and traveling around and it's fantastic and i like it. >> dana: caused some consternation at "the new york times." >> greg: how do you like reading? do you enjoy the process? >> juan: no mocking jesse. stop it. >> kimberly: it looks like he is reading it. to make it look believable, he has folded, tucked the flap. i don't own a bookmark. >> dana: something i can get you for christmas. >> kimberly: camera four, pull it in. set your dvrs. never miss an episode of "the five." there he is.
3:00 pm
"special report" up next, hey, bret, congratulations on your book. we are delighted to see you tomorrow with us. d.c. >> bret: this is a fox news alert, and there appears to be a major setback in what has been widely perceived as progress towards peace and of the of nuclear weapons on the korean peninsula. north korea is threatening to cancel next month's summit between kim jong un and a president trump over military drills going on right now, involving the u.s. and south korea. >> this news was reported by the south korean news agency early wednesday morning. it could very well be a wake-up call to some who thought that things had completely changed between pyangyoung and

97 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on