Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  June 4, 2018 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
made them laugh too, which i'm sure they needed. good job. we will be back here tomorrow night. 7:00 actually from washington, d.c. tucker carlsg up next. see you tomorrow. ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. on friday we told you an amazing story and an upsetting one about how the obama administration made a series of terrifying changes to the way the faa hires air traffic controllers. ideologues in the obama administration sought out the least impressive, least qualified applicants possible for one of this country's most vital jobs. extra points for being given for being unemployed and failing in school. it was lunacy and a direct threat to public safety. it happened in secret and remarkably we have discovered it is still going on. you need to know about this. we have no exclusive information for you in just a minute.
5:01 pm
at first, a remarkable interview with former president bill clinton. for decades as he watched both clinton's had license to do essentially whatever they wanted to do and ty did. ow democrats wouldn't criticiz neither wit their obedient toadies in the media. the clintons ran the democratic party, so they were too important to be held accountable. that has changed. bill clinton is not politically irrelevant so there is no longer any reason to protect him. the media smell blood. here for example is what happened when bill clinton visited the today show this morning to sell a new book. the conversation went directly to monica lewinsky. watch. >> but you didn't apologize to her. >> i have not talked to her. i have never talked to her, but i did say publicly on more than one occasion that i was sorry. >> tucker: ouch. he almost lost it and then sort of recovered and then he went on to explain that even though monica lewinsky's life was completely destroyed by that experience while he himself went
5:02 pm
on to become the single richest former president in history, he somehow is the real victim here. watch this. >> do you think differently or feel more responsibility? >> no, i felt tri then. nobody believes that i got out of that for free. i left the white house $50 million in debt. you are giving one side. >> mr. president, i'm not -- >> do you think president kennedy should resign? do believe president johnson should have resigned? >> someone should ask these questions to you because of the way you formulate these questions. >> tucker: it went on like that, it's pathetic. that's pretty much it for bill clinton's life as a public figure. it is over, but what do the rest of us learned from watching all of this? if you are a progressive leader the lesson probably is don't abuse women order treat people
5:03 pm
around her like you would like to be treated, relatively few elected democrats could live up to those standards. the question is this, don't lose power. as long as you are useful to the left, nothing you do will be held against you. you could literally, i don't know, drive off a bridge and kill a woman in a drunk driving accident and still remain the most admired democratic senator but grow old and irrelevant? next thing you know they will be asking you nasty questions about your impeachment. best-selling author mark steyn has never been impeached and at this point it seems frankly unlikely that he will be but he joins us anyway tonight. great to see you. >> good to see you tucker. >> tucker: so all of a sudden bill clinton for many years protected by the press is up for grabs. what is this? >> i think there's a sense, as you said that he is now disposable, but also at his current level i do think there is a great shame at what the rationale for clinton is in th'
5:04 pm
'90s. the most interesting moment to me, the most horrifying moment actually and the most pathetic and self-serving moment in this todaow interview com when he pleads in mitigation and it's interesting to look at his facial expression as he says this that i had a sexual harassment policy as governor in the 1980s. in other words, that's the lesson the democrats took from this, that as long as you struck the right attitudes in public, you could do -- try this in any other aspect of your life. hey, bud, you are double parked. >> it's okay, officer. i voted for the municipal parking lot expansion bill in 1973. that's basicrgument that clinton is making here because he passed the sexual harassment bill in the 1980s, because he signed one as governor he is allowed to actually assault women or enter
5:05 pm
into the grading relationships, supposedly consensual relationships but ruined in the case of monica lewinsky a young woman's life. and that's the rationale that harvey weinstein and schneiderman, the new york attorney general and all these others and john conyers, the big democrat bigshot who was hosting trouser list meetings in his congressional office. they are all actually following that clinton rationale but because i have the right attitudes in public i can do what i like in private. >> tucker: harvey weinstein's defense was i love abortion, so back off, leave me alone. so quentin, i confess i feel a little sorry for bill clinton because in view of this is really about the democratic party changing and rejecting its past. but i also wonder as long as we are going to have a reckoning with clinton over his behavior, when did we get the reckoning with all of his defenders in the
5:06 pm
media? "the washington post" reporter who said that she would get on her knees for him for abortion legal. the feminist leaders who attacked monica lewinsky in effect and dismissed the allegations. when do they get their time under the spotlight for what they did? >> and i think there's also other ones too. there were ones who didn't attack monica but i remember for example being attacked in canada by a feminist columnist who says you are wrong abo mon isn'the victim here. if she's going to make millions of dollars. she has had a miserable 20 years. she was essentially ruined and tossed aside by bill clinton and as we saw in this interview he thinks that he is the victim here and he's out, by the way. he's on a book tour peddling this novel he supposedly -- with james patterson and supposedly
5:07 pm
is most ambitious work of fiction since his deposition in the paula jones case. clinton is getting a bazillion dollars to put his name to this ludicrous novel and monica lewinsky is someone who has never had a fulfilled caree never had a fulfilled family life and that doesn't matter because the clintons just discard people and move on to the next bit of human debris. >> tucker: and the media goes along with that of course. it wasat to see you.u for that. >> thanks a lot, tucker. >> tucker: joining us now, richard goodstein, served as an advisor to president clinton. before i ask you the harassment stuff, i want to play a clip from the former president on tbs this morning, also on this book tour, which i hope goes on forever, in which he addresses the great press coverage that barack obama got. here's how he explains that. >> they did t him
5:08 pm
differently than other democrats and republicans. they liked him. and they liked having the first african-american president and he was a good president. >> tucker: so obama got special treatment because he was black. do you agree with that? >> i think is talking about two different things there. one is stuck that obama got better treatment when his wife did when they ran against each other in 2008 i think it' not unique for the press that americans, not just democrats and people who voted for barack obama felt actually a sense of satisfaction the country had accomplished something by electing an african-american president. that something to celebrate >> tucker: i'm not making fun of it but i'm noticing a trend here with the president bill clinton who said it a number times that barack obama was an affirmative action case and benefiting from lower standards from white liberals. >> he never said that. >> tucker: he said that repeatedly. >> absolutely not. >> tucker: yes he did.
5:09 pm
>> south carolina. he didn't say anything about affirmative action. donald trump went to -- bill clinton went to yale law school. barack obama went to harvard law school. i love this notion that somehow -- >> tucker: i'm trying to assess what the former president said. i'm merely saying here's this liberal icon saying he was a black guy, that's all i'm askin asking. that's what bill clinton said. >> others took a certain sense of pride in the united states electing an african-american given the history of slavery and he said he is a good president. and he said in the interview that donald trump sort of escapades if you want to match accusers versus accusers, that will be a fair fight. >> tucker: i'm saying he derides president obama because it's cool because he's a liberal. what do we know about sexual harassment that we didn't owe 20 years ago? we were defending bill clinton up and down, now we are deriding
5:10 pm
him. what's changed? we know sexual harassment is wrong now and we didn't know that in 1998? >> i will speak to somebody who was on the airut llnton back in 1998 and my position from day one is i assume monica lewinsky wasn't somebody who was unable to think straight and what the story was was true. and yet under the constitution this wasn't treason, bribery, high crimes are misdemeanor which incidentally, the first were trees and it to our current president. >> tucker: congress agreed with you. he was not convicted. but there's a much deeper question about what constitutes mistreatment of another human being and at the time all of us knew because we were hearing it from them, the white house w deriding her as a stocker. yes, they were. >> sidney blumenthal was kind of off on his own -- >> tucker: he worked at the white house. they were saying they were dismissing her and the other accusers as trailer park trash and that was cool, but now it's not. so what have we learned? that not all accusers are trailer park trash when they are
5:11 pm
accusing democratic politicians? what didn't we know then that we know now? >> i think with sidney blumenthal that was kind of despicable. i think most people, myself included, said what i said, under the constitution, whatever he did, he shouldn't lose his job for it. >> tucker: we are not talking about impeachment. i agree with that. i don't think that impeachment was the right remedy of that. i'm not arguing impeachment, that debate is over. what i'm arguing are the current standards for sexual harassment. what constitutes behavior that is acceptable and what is on accessible? liberals have changed their view. conservatives haven't. they've been pretty consistent. >> they do final donald trump. >> tucker: absolutely the defendant trump but i would never defend the behavior. they defend the behavior and they stood by clinton as he attacked this intern and now they're like i can't believe it, it's so wrong. what did they know now that they didn't know then? >> the trump standard's who stayed with him after access hollywood and after he talked about grabbing women by their private parts. that's the trompe l'oeil is, that's who is held on a pedestal in the trump orbit.
5:12 pm
>> tucker: did you not know that it was wrong to attack interns and then deny after you had with them? >> i think what he said is -- whether it was an imbalance of power. >> tucker: why doesn't he call her and apologize? i wonder. >> you would have to ask him. he has said over and over -- >> tucker: he is an awful person, let's be honest. i'm serious. >> he has said he has apologizes. donald trump has an apologize to a single person. he calls them liars. >> tucker: you are against trump, i get it. it's a sincere question. he was askour times by that nbc -- four times and he lied about it at first, i've apologized and then the reporter pressed and set in person and he finally conceded i haven't talked to her why doesn't he just call her? >> i don't think there's any news there. >> tucker: but why doesn't he? >> again, you would have to ask him. trust me, he will call monica
5:13 pm
lewinsky the day after donald trump because all 17 of his accusers. what year do you think that's going to happen? >> tucker: that's his standard. >> house that? with kind of gotten a long way by 2018. >> tucker: is actually unbelievable. as long as i'm not taking any lectures from the left ever again. >> none for me. >> tucker: we have exclusive information on terrifying new air traffic control standards at the faa which they are defendin defending. it puts you and millions of americans at risk. we got the details. plus when the architectural sanctuary city law is actually insane, we are talking to her next. ♪ coppertone sport. proven to protect street skaters and freestylers. stops up to 97% uv. lasts through heat. through sweat. coppertone. proven to protect.
5:14 pm
when this guy got a flat tire in the middle of the night, so he got home safe. yeah, my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. what?! you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
5:15 pm
5:16 pm
5:17 pm
♪ >> tucker: san fra may be the most welcoming city in america if you happen to be an illegal immigrant with the record of violent felonies, and you are get there right away. we are not exaggerating incidentally. how crazy is the the san franco sanctuary policy? so extreme that one of its original supporters, its architects, wants to change that policy having seen it in action. tomorrow voters have the chance to nominate her for mayor. it wille an interesting test not just for her b for san francisco in this country frankly. i should stipulate for viewers you are a liberal democrat. i don't think we ground them anything which i think gives you credibility on the subject. you are against the sanctuary policy as it is now working, why? when wrote it in the earlybecaut
5:18 pm
'90s we did not include violent felonies and they amended it to include covering violent felonies. as a matter of fact there is a three-pronged test that fouave to go through in order for them to call ice. so i said to the supervisor who did it, i'm not going to agree to thatecause the did come to me as the original author and ask me do i agree with adding violent felons and i said of course i don't agree with adding violt felons. that's ridiculous. the concept is to protect families, never to protect violent felons. it so when i did this ordinance a month ago, there was quite a bit of hysteria. all of the supervisors and the mayor of the city and the city attorney and the. got on the iconic steps of san francisco city hall and called me all sorts of names and said this was
5:19 pm
outrageous that i would be attacking the sanctuary law. i'm not attacking the sanctuary law. i'm attacking violent felons. they should not be protected under the sanctuary law or any other law in san francisco because as you said, we become -- let's go to san francisco, we will be safe. the other night on the news, it was very interesting, tucker. the other night on the news one of the people mentioned that thereadt been anybody in the county jails in over a year and a half and that's because the standard tooh.>> tucker: that's. just tell us for those of us that don't live in san francisco, what's the thinking behind wanting more violent felons who are illegal aliens in your city? how does that improve the life of the city of san francisco? >> tucker, i have asked every single electedicial who came out against me i the middle of this administration, by the way, which was pretty dramatic. i've asked them why do you want to protect violent felons, and the answer to that, if the answer at all, most of them
5:20 pm
don't answer, but the answer that some of them gave me was that i'm chipping away at the sanctuary law. i said i'm not chipping away at the sanctuary law. i wrote the law originally. it was to protect families. i we know if i was chipping away at the law. and i have to tell you something, i'm running for mayor and i meet hundreds of people every day. one of the first things the citizens of san francisco say to me is thank god you are doing something about dangerous felons. it's the first thing they say. >> tucker: i don't think i'm in danger of swaying a single vote in the democratic primary in san francisco when i say god bless you for doing this and b, i really hope you prevail. it's the most beautiful city in america. >> i'm very excited. with that title and summary from the city attorney. interesting thing about getting title in summary from the city attorney is that he was standing on the steps condemning me. a little bit of a conflict of
5:21 pm
interest. >> tucker: it's unbelievable. if you get this, i hope you'll come back on. angela alioto, thank you very much. >> absolutely, thanks. obviously our birthright as americans, but it was born in the u.k. and free speech seems to be dying there as well. mass immigration and the cult of multiculturalism that made it possible in the end proved more powerful than that country's centuries-old heritage of unrestricted public expression. the latest casualty is journalist and activist tommy robinson, he sitting in prison tonight. his crime? daring to talk about sexual abuse rings run by muslim immigrants to the u.k. robinson pointed out that britain's policies a destroying the country so the people wade the picies jailed him. we talked to katie hopkins from rebel media about this tonight. here's part of the conversation. >> we have to ask ourselves what happened to the freedom of speech in the u.k., because i firmly believe and it's my opinion, we know longer have freedom of speech in the u.k.
5:22 pm
and i believe tommy robinson will be killed inside the prison and it will be the establishment that have blood on their hands. >> tucker: douglas murray is the author of the fantastic book the strange death of europe. he has followed robinson's case from the beginning and joins us. thank you for coming on. i'm not surprised that this was happening because people in power always try to tamp down on dissent, that has always been the case. i'm surprised by the reaction to it. how much press has this gotten in the u.k., how much outrage has it evoked? what's the response? >> remarkable. there was actually a reporting restriction on the fact that robinson had been arrested and sent to prison within hours. there was actually reporting restriction on that in the u.k. that made it impossible for anybody, journalist like myself, to write about it in the coming days. which means that the international media picked it up. but here in britain we weren't allowed to talk about it. there's an ongoing trial. >> tucker: may i just stop you right there?
5:23 pm
groups of people in a similar profession go on strike all the time, why wouldn't journalist and u.k. say we are covering this, top if you don't like it, come and arrest us. why would they obey an order like that? >> we do have pretty strict orders here in the u.k. and basically if anyone who would have reported it would have risd going to prison themselves. it's a tricky one. very quick justification, there is an ongoing trial which he was reporting outside of and reporting on that trial, i'm sitting in london so i have to be rather careful about mentioning that trial. >> tucker: unbelievable. i know his politics -- i don't even fully understand and i don't even care what they are but i sense they are very different from most reporters in great britain. has there been support for him from journalists in the u.k.? >> not really. this is something i write quite a bit about in my book, which is
5:24 pm
basically we have in britain this primary and secondary problem issue where you have a primary problem, in this case thousands and thousands of young british girls have been raped by gangs of men we euphemistically described as age and although they don't include any chinese or koreans and thousands of people who have been raped by these gangs. that's the primary problem. and then there are secondary people who are saying look at what's happening. as i have set on this case as in many others, the law and everything else comes down incrly hard on the secondary thing. sometimes harder than on the primary issue. other day on this website, you can see the peace, let us compare the treatment of tommy robinson, whether you agree with them or not, trying to draw attention to the rape gang stuff and the one official from the county council who was in charge of county services 100s of girls in her areas were raped and abused and it turned out the council knew about it and they
5:25 pm
just ignore the families. tommy robinson is now in jail. that woman is a county council in oxford. quarter of a million -- running th tourist agency visit oxfordshire. >> tucker: your society really hates itself, when did that start? >> my view ishis is all an expression of an incredibly wide societal cowardice and it starts off in a country like britain with kind of good manners. it we want everyone to get along, we want to be nice to each other, want to be nice to people. and then discover terrible things that are going on, minorities within minorities but nevertheless you discover things that are going on and then you get to this really weird position that we are in in the moment. if the position i described the one that says in multiculturalism with got a bit more gang rape then we use to but there's a wider range of cuisine. who's to say? >> tucker: i recognize that. i wish we had more time.
5:26 pm
thank you, great to see you. >> thank you. >> tucker: from campaign advisor george papadopoulos is the center of the mueller investigation and the year-long media onslaught, but does the case against him tell us anything about russian collusio collusion? his wife joins us next. ♪ even though i live with a higher risk of stroke due to afib not caused by a heart valve problem. so if there's a better treatment than warfarin, i'm up for that. eliquis. eliquis is proven to reduce stroke risk better than warfarin. plus has significantly less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis is fda-approved and has both. so what's next? seeing these guys. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop.
5:27 pm
seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. eliquis, the number one cardiologist-prescribed blood thinner. ask your doctor if eliquis is what's next for you. cardiologist-prescribed blood thinner. paywell, esurance makes itnce you dsimple and affordable. in fact, drivers who switched from geico to esurance saved an average of $412. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance, an allstate company. click or call. paying too much for insurance that isn't the right fit? well, esurance makes finding the right coverage easy. in fact, drivers who switched from geico to esurance saved an average of $412. at's ao and home i for the modern world. esurance, an allstate company. click or call.
5:28 pm
with expedia you could ♪ book a flight, hotel, car and activity all in one place. ♪ jushis local miracle ear t at helped andrew hear more of the joy in her voice. just one hearing test is all it took for him to hear more of her laugh... and less of the background noise around him.
5:29 pm
for helen, just one visit to her local miracle-ear is all it took to learn how she can share more moments with her daughter. just one free hearing test could help you hear more... laughter...music...life... call now for your free hearing test from an industry leader: miracle-ear. this one's below market price and has bluetooth. same here, but this one has leather seats! use the cars.com app to compare price, features and value. >> tucker: fox news alert. at formae navy sailor pardoned by the president says he has no
5:30 pm
suing former obama administration officials including former president barack obama himself as well as former fbi director jim comey. he served a year in prison for taking pictures of classified areas on a sub he worked on. he says the officials responsible for prosecuting him went easy on hillary clinton, who also mishandled classified information but of course never served time or was charge for that. his lawyer says they plan to highlight the differences between inton's treatment and his. after more than a year of wasted time on the fantasy of russian collusion in the 2016 election there is still no evidence that any of it actually happened. that doesn't mean that lives haven't been destroyed. many have been, beginning with george papadopoulos who at the time was a 28-year-old unpaid advisor to the campaign. he later fled to a charge of making false statements to federal investigators looking into russia. he has not yet been sentenced. his wife joins us tonight. for coming on. >> thank you for hosting me.
5:31 pm
>> tucker: so you married her husband after this investigatio investigation, when he had become famous for his reported collusion with russia. you are confident he did not collude in any way with the russian government. >> i know he did not and actually one of the reasons why i'm here tonight, thank you for hosting me, to set the record straight about george. in particular, in response to jim comey's statement which says that georg tried actively to obtain emails, this statement is completely false. he never had any direction with the russians. he has never been to russia either. yet apparently the reason for this russia investigation. this is quite paradoxical for me. >> tucker: my understanding is that all of this begins in march of 2016 when he was approached in london by a maltese professor
5:32 pm
who has since disappeared with the offer of information from the russians. what has happeo that professor, do you know? >> i know this professor because i used to work with him. the fact that he disappeared is very suspicious. that's what i know about this meeting between george and the professor, talking casually about information that was artie in the public domain at the time they met. we have to understand he was talking about, not about the dnc emails. it's a completely different topic. it was a very casual conversation that josh voluntarily reported to the fbi. it became apparently the reason why people -- the things calle collusion but actually never colluded.
5:33 pm
his job, particularly in israel. >> tucker: he worked at the hudson suit here and was a big proponent of israel. this professor, who do you think he was working for? what was that about and where do you think he has gone? what was his agenda? >> i honestly have no idea. my personal opinion, which i shared a different interviews, that is a very shady character. recently i heard he doesn't want to appear publicly because of the situation he's involved in to george. nderstanng is that was gossiping about the emails. again, i remember this information was already highly speculated by all media all over the world at theime. there was nothing secret about that. as i said, it's very fascinating
5:34 pm
and actually frustrating to see my husbandthe center of this investigation for talking in a bar. even the meeting in london, which apparently originated the russian investigation is contested. he never con that george explicitly talked about the emails. >> tucker: it doesn't make a lot of sense. where is her husband now? is under a gag order is my understanding awaiting sentencing, is that right? >> he is awaiting sentencing and that's why i think it's very important to set the record straight right now. because there are a lot of misunderstandings about the situation, about his role. i used to say that his role is very important. i used to compare him -- i never meant to make this comparison in the sense that would lead to the presidency impeachment. i think he's been approached by many different characters, let's say spies, he has been the
5:35 pm
victim. i'm sure he will be happy to share this information when the time is right. >> tucker: do you think your is going to prison? >> i know how much it was committed to the trump campaign. i know he did an excellent job. because of this incident, freedom is challenged. i trust and hope and ask president trump to pardon him. i hope you will. >> tucker: thank you very much for coming on, i appreciate it. >> thank you. >> tucker: a couple years ago while nobody was watching the obama adminisation changed the hiring standards for air traffic controllers, suddenly being unemployed and bad at science got you more points on the test and being a licensed pilot. the new system is dangerous and insane. why won't anyone from the faa come on the show to defendant? we got no information on that next.
5:36 pm
♪ so i'm not happy unless my hands are dirty. between running a business and four kids, we're busy. auto insurance, homeownesu lifensuranceolicies. knowing that usaa will always have my back... that's just one less thing you have to worry about. i couldn't imagine going anywhere else. they're like a friend of the family. we are the cochran family, and we'll be usaa members for life. save by bundling usaa home and auto insurance. get a quote today. ♪ (daniel jacob) for every hour that you're idling in your car, you're sending about half a gallon of gasoline up in the air. that amounts to about 10 pounds of carbon dioxide every week (malo hutson) growth is good, but when it starts impacting our quality of air and quality of life, that's a problem. so forward-thinking cities like sacramento are investing in streets that are smarter and greener. the solution was right under our feet. asphalt.
5:37 pm
to be more precise, intelligent asphalt. by embedding sensors into the pavement, as well as installing cameras on traffic lights, we will be able to analyze the flow of affic. then that data runs across our network, and we use it to optimize the timing of lights, so that travel times are shorter. o knew asphalt could help save the environment? ♪ non-drowsy children's claritin allergy relief. the #1 pediatrician recommended non-drowsy brand. because to a kid a grassy hill is irresistible. children's claritin. feel the clarity and live claritin clear. the kayak explore tool shows you the places you can fly oubuet. so you can be confident you're getting the most bang for your buck. alo-ha. kayak. search one and done.
5:38 pm
5:39 pm
but as it grew bigger and bigger,ness. it took a whole lot more. that's why i switched to the spark cash card from capital one. with it, i earn unlimited 2% cash back on everything i buy. everything. and that 2% cash back adds up to thousands of dollars each year... so i can keep growing my business in big leaps! what's in your wallet?
5:40 pm
♪ >> tucker: the faa has for decades been one othe most trusted institutio a government and for good reason. commercial air travel has been the safest in the world in part because of the faa's high standards. under t obama administration that began to change radically without anybody paying attention. the obama administration pressured the faa to meet abstract diversity goals. nobody bothered to explain why diversitys a relevant criterion for air traffic controllers. no one will explain it now. we called the faa today and we got silence when we ask that question, which is the most basic question. but it didn't matter. starting in 2014 they added a biographical questionnaire to the application process. applicants with a lower aptitude in science got preference over applicants who had scored excellent in science. applicants who had been unempled for the previous
5:41 pm
three years got more points and licensed pilot scott. in other words, the faa actively searched for unqualified air traffic controllers. that is insane and they knew it was insane when they did it but they did it anyway. today we obtained new information, and internal email written by an executive at the firm that devised the questionnaire. in that email the executive admits that the test he devised has nothing to do with finding the best air traffic controllers. if you want good air traffic controllers, find people with experience, that was his advice. the faa ignored this and used the biographical screen anyway. they didn't care about finding the best air traffic controller controllers. compared to diversity, your safety meant nothing to them. we reached out to greg martin, the faa's top spokesman. we wanted to know why the faa would ever use totally irrelevant criteria such as what people look like in order to hire for a job as vital as air traffic control. we couldn't get an answer.
5:42 pm
we also asked the acting faa administrator daniel ewell to come on this show and explain exactly what was going on and why he was too cowardly to appear. the previous administration michael where to, the one who originally signed off on the policy. he's also a coward. t we are going to keep pushing until we get an answer. in the meantime we are joined by former air traffic controller michael pearson, who is also a lawyer and is suing the faa over all of this. welcome back to the show. >> thanks for having me on. >> tucker: i want to be certain i didn't misstate that. the biographical screen, devised under the obama administration for the reasons i explained was created by a company that admitted that it was not the right way to find the most talented air traffic controllers but the faa kept it in any way, is that correct? >> that's correct. you didn't misstate it. you understated what occurred. to put this story in a nutshell, in late 2011, early 2012, members of the national black
5:43 pm
controllers association had a meeting with the rainbow push coalition, jesse jackson and some high-level officials, part of those meetings by the way. right after that meeting they put an immediate hold on hiring. they stopped hiring. they have used it excuses like sequestering, but that's not really what happened. basically they shut down the process even though the nation needed air traffic controllers. lots were retiring. the system was needing new trainees to go through the system because it takes time to get through, but they did that consciously. then, the purge of the 2600 or more qualified cti students in graduate programs across the country including a traditionally black and disadvantaged colleges were wiped off a list and by the way, that list, the 2600 folks included a large percentage of female and minority applicants
5:44 pm
who would have been fantastic air traffic controllers. >> tucker: people who were going to school for it basicall basically. >> prior military experience in the area, pilots, some of these individuals were more qualified certainly than i was when i started. then after that they designed a test to her speaking about, if biographical assessment, biographical questionnaire. this one is called a biographical assessment that was made for a different purpose as you stated. it wasn't supposed to be used the way it was actually the creator actually notified them of that. in effect that test punished people with aviation knowledge, any air traffic control experience, any aviation experience, any science experience and then they came out and they actually had one individual, public relations of the southwest region publish that it was for diversity. that was pulled back immediately and they stated it was for the best and brightest candidates. >> tucker: this is so rotten and corrupt. i don't think anybody wants to live in a country where you
5:45 pm
can't trust air traffic control because they are so dogmatically ideological that they are intentionally sking the worst candidates. it's insane. very quickly, what about all the unions and all the pilots groups, private commercial pilots groups. what about all the people in aviation world who knew this was going on, why did nobody say anything about it? >> i think certain groups to try to say something but quite frankly there wasn't enough press coverage on it and because of other political reasons it didn't come to the forefront. the bigger question is after the students were purged, the faa literally knew that there were individuals engaged in cheating to pass the new biographical assessment, so they wiped the students off the list, they allowed a group to then engage in intentional treating, gave basically the subgroup, the black coalition of aviation employees, the answers to the test. that's as big a story as anything else. >> tucker: unfortunately we are out of time but this will not be the last time we address this. this is a threat to the country,
5:46 pm
it's totally wrong and it can only happen in secrecy and we plan to pierce that. thank you for all your help with this. i know we will talk to again. >> thank you, it goes deep and broad, thank you very much. >> tucker: with all the doctrines and dogmas of the left, the most pervasive is that the rules do not apply to the people who make the rules and we have an amazing example of that up next. ♪ dad... liberty did what? yeah, liberty mutual 24-hour roadside assistance helped him to fix his flat so he could get home safely. my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. don't worry - i know what a lug wrench is, dad. is this a lug wrench? maybe? you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪ most people come to la with big dreams. ♪
5:47 pm
ame with big appetites. with expedia, you could book a flight, hotel, car, and activity all in one place. ♪ red lobster's lobster & shrimp hesummerfest is back!h. get all the lobster and shrimp you crave, together in so many new ways. there's new cedar plank seafood bake. tender maine lobster and shrimp, cedar roasted to perfection. or new caribbean lobster and shrimp. sweet pineapple salsa on grilled rock lobster, paired with jumbo coconut shrimp. and wait. there's lobster & shrimp overboard! it's a seafood party on a plate. so hurry in. 'cause lobster & shrimp summerfest won't last. do not mistake serenity for weakness. do not misjudge quiet tranquility
5:48 pm
for the power of 335 turbo-charged horses. the lincoln mkx, more horsepower than the lexus rx350. and a quiet interior from which to admire them. for a limited time, get 0% apr on the lincoln mkx plus get $1,000 bonus cash.
5:49 pm
get 0% apr on the lincoln mkx cliberal gavin newsom from knows becoming governor. they also know chicago lawyer john cox has thirteen losing campaigns under his belt... and cox supports bad ideas like a 23 percent sales tax! california police officers and police chiefs stand with antonio villaraigosa. as mayor, he worked with law enforcement, and cut violent crime in half. antonio for governor.
5:50 pm
♪ >> tucker: it's fun being a professional environmentalist. pretty easy gig, not a lot of heavy lifting. the best part is you don't have to apply any of the rigorous standards you set it to. you can berate the little people for their suvs will being chauffeured in your suburban. al gore literally does that, no
5:51 pm
exaggeration. he also lives in the single biggest house you've ever seen and he is still deeply upset about your carbon footprint. the latest fear in the environmental community is that poeople in hot countries in the third world might start using air conditioning. can you imagine? next thing they will be demanding canopies and crowding the beach is on saint barth's. the insanity! it must stop. josh fox is a noted environmental filmmaker and joins us tonight. can you imagine if people in bangladesh had the gall to use air conditioning, how upsetting that might be the people in the bay area? >> i think you are misstating the premise of the study that you are quoting. >> tucker: i don't think so. >> before we get into that, let me ask you a question. why would air-conditioners cause climate change? that's what you are saying. >> tucker: i'm not actually saying that. my mind is open. >> that's what your producer said to me when they invited me in on this segment so i was assuming that's what you were going to talk about.
5:52 pm
>> tucker: i'm capable of speaking for myself and let me say that i'm totally open to any possibility. it turns out ufos are real. i never thought that before i'm happy to believe in climate change, you just have to answer my questions, slowly so i can understand. >> what's the question again? why would people in the bay area be outraged by people in bangladesh having the b area are not at all outraged by that. no one no one is outraged by that. in fact, the study that you are quoting said that we should look for more efficient air-conditioners. that's pretty much all it said. it said if we want to look at climate change emissions we should look for more efficient air-conditioners. >> tucker: you have an air conditioner in your car? >> i have the air conditioner that comes with the car. >> tucker: but not a more efficient one. >> let's just go back and backtrack for a second here because this is what what happens every single time. you missed it the promise and i have to go ahead and correct yo you. so what's really the issue here is climate change. the studies talk about climate change and how air-conditioners
5:53 pm
could make climate change worse but the premise of the study is also, in my view, incorrect, because if you use something that actually cools the planet for your electricity like wind, like solar instead of using fossil fuels, you can actually cool the planet at the same time as you can call somebody's house. >> tucker: hilarious. wind and solar cool the planet. that's not true. >> it would diminish the level of fossil fuels. >> tucker: let's get back to the level you went i agree on. >> what can we agree on? >> tucker: you are concerned that poor people in hot countries might get air conditioning that is not the most efficient possible air conditioning and i asked you overly simple question, have you made those same steps in your own life? >> yes, of course. of course. >> tucker: you said no i haven't, but you want the bangladeshis to do it. >> i drive a used car and i drive a used hybrid. in fact it just got totaled on the streets of new orleans by a drunk driver so i don't actually
5:54 pm
have a car. >> tucker: you haven't actually done what you want the bangladeshis to do. >> absolutely i have. you are cng me f right now now. because i use a service where i can buy renewable energy instead of having to buy power from fracking or call. >> tucker: the poor people in the third world can't have -- paying for indulgence is brick >> you are misstating the facts. it's cheaper to use solar energy than any other form of energy right now for electricity generation except for wind. it's cheaper to use solar than it is to you gas. >> tucker: it's a macro question. >> this is not about indulgences. it's absolutely not about people's behavior. it is about the systems that are at work here. this is a political question. this is not a question of consumer habits. i'm definitely not a rich guy. if you know what documentary filmmakers make you probably know that. what we are talking about --
5:55 pm
what we are talking about is using fossil fuels for air conditioning and what we should be talking about is how to use the most efficient air conditioning and the best power. the best power is renewable energy and that's in fact with the study says. >> tucker: if you are not doing that yourself, you are paying for offsets. because i just said that i was. tucker, you are not listening to me. the rules of physics apply to everyone, including you whi is presumab why you don't float up out of that chair, because gravity applies to. you have so much hot air and bombast coming out of you it's possible you might inflate and fly off the set. >> tucker: you win! hot air, bombast! >> when you burn fossil fuels -- mostly when we are of time. i appreciate it though. we will be right back. ♪ [ engine revving ] take me to her! ♪
5:56 pm
coming, flo! why aren't we taking roads?! flo. [ horn honking ] -oh. you made it. do you have change for a dollar? -this was the emergency? [ engine revving ] yes, i was busy! -24-hour roadside assistance. from america's number-one motorcycle insurer. -you know, i think you're my best friend. you don't have to say i'm your best friend. that's okay. you don't have to say i'm your best friend. you wouldn't accept from any one else. why accept it from your allergy pills? flonase relieves your worst symptoms including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. flonase helps block 6 key inflammatory substances. most pills only block one. flonase. ♪ crawl inside, wait by the light of the moon. ♪ applebee's to go. order online and get 20% off $20. now that's eatin' good in the neighborhood.
5:57 pm
5:58 pm
okay, so... my mom washes the dishes... ...before she puts them in the dishwasher. and if they come out gross... ...she washes them again. so what does the dishwasher do? new cascade platinum lets your dishwasher be the dish washer. these new actionpacs unleash three different cleaning agents that dissolve food, lift it off, and rinse it away the first time. wow! that's clean! and less work for my mom. new cascade platinum. nothing cleans better.
5:59 pm
experience amazingill of the at your lexus dealer. is. ♪ (electronic dance music)♪ ♪ ♪ this is a jungle gym... and a baseball diamond... ...a mythical castle ...and a grand banquet hall. this is not just a yard. here memories are made. the john deere x350 select series with the exclusive one-touch mulchcontrol system. nothing runs like a deere™ save $300 on the x350 select series™ tractors with the purchase of a mulchcontrol™ kit.
6:00 pm
>> tucker: it's time we told you about how the faa has changed and dramatically lowered its standards for air traffic controllers. that's a ongoing tory that's a threat to our country and we will stay on top of it until it changes. that's it tonight for us. sean hannity in a brand-new studio. >> sean: can you believe it? it's amazing. good to see you, my friend. welcome to "hannity." we have a ton of breaking news in this edition of "hannity." it's amazing, actually. kind of like shep's spaceship newsroom. new digs tonight. welcome to "hannity." out of mueller's anti-trump witch hunt sending your antitrust media into a frenzy which is a pitiful state for them to be into the leak consisting of a

0 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on