Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  June 4, 2018 6:00pm-7:00pm PDT

6:00 pm
>> tucker: it's time we told you about how the faa has changed and dramatically lowered its standards for air traffic controllers. that's a ongoing tory that's a threat to our country and we will stay on top of it until it changes. that's it tonight for us. sean hannity in a brand-new studio. >> sean: can you believe it? it's amazing. good to see you, my friend. welcome to "hannity." we have a ton of breaking news in this edition of "hannity." it's amazing, actually. kind of like shep's spaceship newsroom. new digs tonight. welcome to "hannity." out of mueller's anti-trump witch hunt sending your antitrust media into a frenzy which is a pitiful state for them to be into the leak consisting of a
6:01 pm
confidential-month-old letter detailing the long-standing belief that the president of the united states cannot obstruct justice and can pardon himself. moments we will explain in detail why trumps legal machine is 100% correct. we will also callout the media for yet another pathetic display of their misplaced anti-trump outrage in a scare over a nonstory. white house preecretary sarah sanders will join us and respond in a minute, a great one, mark levin will weigh in, more updates on the deep state and former president bill clinton? major meltdown. we got it all on tape. we'll play it for you and show you the tape. many, by the way, on the left this country, they are hoping, wishing, begging, pleading that the clintons will go away. but they stuck with the clinton pluralist from november 8th 2016, we will explain that as well. we will end on an incredibly positive note. we have a lot of good news.
6:02 pm
today is day 500 of the trump administration. for months, the left has been telling you, the american people, that donald trump is going to ruin this country. he is going to start a nuclear war. it's going to be a disaster. numbers are numbers, facts are facts. the exact opposite is true. from north korea, iran, jerusalem, the capital of israel, the economy here, record breaking numbers all over the place. we will highlight a lot of the president's greatest compliments in 500 days and explain why optimism in america is now at an all-time high. people are not listening to fake news. that i all coming up. very important breaking news, opening monologue. this weekend, the fake and, well, slowly deteriorating "new york times" published a confidential memo from president trump's attorney to the office of the special counsel. if licked by someone on mueller's team, this is a huge, criminal breach of trust.
6:03 pm
mayor giuliani thinks that's a fact. neither the left or mainstream media care that a confidential letter was leak from robert mueller's office to the press, many liberals are now feigning their moral outrage over the contents, especially this paragraph of the legal team's view of obstruction and the president's power to pardon. "the presidents actions here by virtue of this position of chief rcemen officer cannot cause acute obstruction because that would amount to him ructing himlf and he could, if if you wish, terminae the inquiry or pardon if you desired." this echoes what attorney after attorney or attorney have been telling you right here on this program now for months. as president donald trump and his legal team, they do have the power to literally order the department of justice to actually initiate an investigation, end and
6:04 pm
investigation, by the way, for whatever reason, that is what the president's constitutional authority. even the doj admits they cannot charge a sitting president with obstruction. why are we talking about it? also, the president's power to pardon, even himself, absolute power. over the weekend, that is clinton sycophant turned so-called journalists george stephanopoulos, you can see them whispering in clinton abbas risk years. he asked rudy giuliani, donald trump's attorney, former new york city mayor, what is a completely nonsensical totally hypothetical and, frankly, ridiculous question about this very concept. it is irrelevant to everything in the reality that is happening. take a look. >> do you and the president's attorneys believe the president has the power to pardon himself? >> he's not, but he probably does. he has no intention pardoning
6:05 pm
himself. not to say he can't. i mean, that's a really interesting constitutional -- can the president pardon himsel himself? it would be an open question. i think it would probably get answered by, gosh, that's what the cause edition sets, and if you want to change it, change i it. i think the political ramifications of that would be tough. pardoning other people is one thing. pardoning yourself is another. >> sean: rudy giuliani was kind of laughing about it. he has the power, but that's not going to happen. locality media is reacting. little george stephanopoulos asked all bewildered. not a new concept or let's go back down memory lane, then candidate 2016 hot water over a gross, blatant's use of information on the mom and pop bathroom closet server? many were actually arguing, thinking she was going to be elected president if she could rightly pardon herself. let's look at this headline from
6:06 pm
dan abrams law and crime website. if hillary clinton is indicted, president clinton could pardon herself and congress might be helpless. this article from "the wall street journal," "the short answer to whether the cause edition from itself pardoning is, yes, it probably does." by no means it's an honest opinion upon legal experts. that ridiculous question to giuliani came from the same guy who made a name for himself as being bill clinton's political hit man during his run for the president. this is now the spokesman and news person for "abc news." he is no peter jennings. take a look. >> i consider with facts of names and phone numbers of you who had an affair with. it's completely [bleep]. you would be laughed at. you would think you are crazy. i guarantee you if you do this,
6:07 pm
you will never work in democratic politics again. maybe you don't want to. i'm not saying it matters. you will be embarrassed before the national press corps. people will think, nobody will believe you. and people will think you are scummy. >> sean: george fair and unbiased. he seems like a real journalist in that video. meanwhile, rudy giuliani's comments were clearly based on legal precedent. earlier today, the president himself tweeted out, "as has been stated by numerous legal scholars, i have the absolute right to pardon myself, but why would i do that when i've done nothing wrong?" which brings us to a very important point. this phony, faint, so count outrage from the left and the media ather antitst groupies is over something that has not happened and something that will not happen because president trump has done nothing wrong and it was a hypothetical that rudy giuliani was actually laughing at. still, the media's echo chamber blowing up over something
6:08 pm
rooted, illegal predents, backed up by real constitutional scholars, yet something that had probably won't. take a look at the media once again making much to do about absolutely nothing, knowing this is the same media, as you watch this, totally missing in on the biggest story in their lifetimes, which is the largest, biggest abuse of power corruption scandal in u.s. history. they don't talk about that. this is what they focus on. >> a stunning statement from the president openly declaring that he believes he is above the law. >> tried to picture an ordinary criminal who committed a crime saying that i could do whatever i want, by the way, i will pardon myself. you sound like you are guilty when you say that. >> think about what we are talking about the. the president all morning saying that the president of united states is above the law and is not required to comply with the constitution or the laws of the united states. that is staggering. >> they are kidding themselves
6:09 pm
and will be a letdown if they ever decide to try this on, to take this and put wheels on this, take it out for a spin to thd states supreme court? if you don't believe me, go to the supreme court. you may get one, you may get two votes. that's it you will be run over. >> the president of the united states is talking about pardoning himself about not being indicted. you have to look at what the political environment -- what incredible political environment would be created by that. talking about the end of his presidency. if you are talking about the president of united states saying i'm going to pardon myself even as republicans try to protect them, you are talking about the collapse in many ways of the institutions of this republic. >> sean: another week, more hysteria, more fainting moral outrage, pushing the same scandal for people wrong a year and a half, they want you to trust them. noder theirpproval ratings are in the gutter. almost in single digits. journalism in this country is dead and buried.
6:10 pm
also tonight, we have more evidence your deep state is crumbling right before our eyes. look at at this cbs news poll. s, they lost confidence in robert mueller's probe for so-called probe. they agree with president trump, the witch hunt needs to end. "obama's buying scandal looking a lot like watergate." i keep telling you it's watergate on steroids. michael mckay z, smart band, dressing down one former deep state operative at the center of all of this. look at wh says about brennan. take a look. >> john brennan is going to have a lot to answer for when this is over. because, um, hayes, um, participation with the cia in uo be used in connection with the mueller investigation, is a story that has not been yet tol. they guy was the informant, you know, a cia asset. not an fbi asset. i would like to know how, um, a
6:11 pm
cia asset becomes an fbi informant who organized that, who paid him, um, john brennan like some multi-operation relating to um... the trump campaign. i do not know if he has any credentials, if he is a mind reader, or a psychoanalyst. to be analyzing the president's motives. but his own performance, um , is something not to write home about. >> sean: this is a sad moment in american history. the house in total -- devin nunes gave an update on the doj stonewalling. strong words for his colleague including house oversight chairman trey gowdy who was dead wrong last week and didn't have all the information he needed before he made these comments. take a look at what he said to our friend maria bertram.
6:12 pm
>> we should have been providd this information over and over again. we've been waiting. we've attended two briefings. they were very small briefings. not a lot of information. but we were happy it is progress. we believe there are some documents and information that we will review this week. what i say is if you don't have anything to hide, the deputy attorney general knows that mr. i would love to exonerate the department of justice and the fbi. the media has tried to make a bigger deal than it is. what trey gowdy is specifically talking about is the small slice of the investigation we are looking at as it relates to whether or not informants, an informant or informants were used. that's what he is referring to. that we've talked about. the president is not a target of this investigation. i believe that mr. gowdy knows and he's been instrumental in helping us getting to the bottom of the fisa abuse that occurred.
6:13 pm
to be what we peel back the onions of the deep state and dismantle it and we are doing it night by night, brick by brick. believe it or not, the former president bill clinton back in the news like an unwanted houseguest, bill clinton back in the public spotlight making money, pushing a brand-new book that is off to a horrible start. what the -- we can call him the grandfather of today's #metoo movement. he fails to realize it's no longer 1996. his buddies in the mainstream media can no longer afford to give them a free pass on his history of rampant, horrific sexual misconduct, an interview with nbc news, the former president was pressed -- they could have done this before the election, but, of course, they wanted hillary to win, but he was pressed on how he mishandled the monica lewin ski scandal, and almost on believably clinton, who was impeached under like under oath, said he
6:14 pm
did the right thing. paula jones said he dropped his pants an got naked i front of her but we know that juanita broaddrick charged him with rap rape, catherine really touched against her will in the oval office. >> clinton says critics are now pouncing in light of the #metoo #metoo movement. >> a lf the facts have been conveniently omitted to make the story work. partly because they are frustrated that they got all these serious allegatioagainst n the oval office and voters don't seem to care. i think i did the right thing. i defended the constitution. to be what what fact? tell us. you lost your law license, you lost a judgment in the case of paul jones and paid money. and you are impeached. you've got to give credit to the
6:15 pm
mainstream media. in case, it was nbc, craig melvin, continuing to press clinton and the former president could just not take it, handle it, or even believe it. living back in 1996. take a look. >> do you think differently or feel more responsibility? >> no. i felt terrible then. and i came to grips with that. nobody believes that i got out of that for free. i left the white house $16 million in debt. but you typically have ignored gaping facts, and i bet you don't even know -- b1 have i've never talked to her. but i did say publicly on more than one occasion that i was sorry. i dealt with it 20 years ago
6:16 pm
plus. and the american people in terms of that have stayed with me. and i've tried to do a good job instead with my life and with my work. that's all i have to say to you. n r he once said, we were alone, me and monica, looked out in the window there was a girl in the bicycle. you never really are alone, are you? i had not had sex with that woman a single time. they acted above the law, the complicit media gave them a pass. they ignored all of this in the 26 election. bill clinton's sick, perverted history of sexual misconduct along with all of these allegations, we've interviewed these women, even rape went unpunished. the media didn't bring it up in 2016 because they wanted her elected. we know that hillary was a , granted leniency by james comey after she committed felonies, violating the espionage act, deleted emails, acid washed her
6:17 pm
hard drive, broke up her devices with a hammer, or had a aide do it. you think any every day americans did what hillary clinton did or bill clinton did? what about the hillary clinton campaign hiring a foreign spy cooking up a untrue, proven false, russian intelligence to use research against president trump question like anyone in the clinton campaign under investigation for that russian collusion question mike no, the mueller witch hunt is only investigating trump associates. this is the in this country today if we are going to remain a constitutional republic, one that benefits the clintons at every turn, they have left all the way to the back. by the way, you should all be outraged. despite all of this, we do have amazing news to share with you tonight. it is now the 500th day since donald trump was inaugurated and after months of predictions that a trump presidency would lead this country in ruins, it's now
6:18 pm
undeniable that the entire world is seeing massive, serious progress under the president's leadership. pending talks with the north korean dictator, just days away. we are going to talk about the denuclearization of the korean peninsula, that weighs in the balance in the interim. let's see? kim jong il and has halted kim jong un has halted all his missile test, number missiles d over japan in the interim. his nuclear test sites have been disabled. three american hostages were also returned. he walked over to the dmz i the arms of the south korean president. all good news who is not a dime paid, like in the case of obama or clinton in showing peace through strength works. also breaking today, three longtime north korean generals have been fired by kim jong un. in other good, potential sign of north korea's commitment towards serious reporting. meanwhile, day 500, the trump presidency -- we've seen so many great developments right here at home but we don't even have the
6:19 pm
time to list them. look at the side of your screen. nearly 3 million plus jobs or been created, 300,000 in manufacturing alone, the unemployment rate, almost on president 3.8%, lowest in 50 years. americans -- african-americans, all time low unemployment rate in the same with hispanic americans, same for women in the workplace, 14 state record lows as it relates to unemployment. consumer confidence, 17 year high. this after passing a historic $3.7 trillion tax cut and cutting 22 regulations for every new one and acted. even "the new york times," of all places, writing that we ran out of words to describe how good these job numbers are. they can use tnd and even had to report that the unemployment rate matches its lowest in half a century. other accomplishments include the president keeping his accompaniments. the embassy moved to
6:20 pm
-- you cannot forget about trump's actions against assad, isis, and รก-letter vladamir putin. remember, successful appointment of neil gorsuch. i could go on and on. it would take on the whole show. look at zogby. yet, the elites in this country, the democrats, the media, hollywood, others all warning you with the president trump would be bad for america. you knew better. bad for the world. you knew better. actively rooting for the president to fail so they could get power back at what they don't understand is americans are fed up with both parties, they are disgusted, so they purposely elected a iconoclast, it is rough there, someone they knew would get results and make decisions. move with the speed of trump. in its first 500 days, the
6:21 pm
president has proved his first naysayers wrong. an important question to ask him who do you trust? the anti-trump sycophants who have been wrong over er and over again, actively now in the position of having to root for failure of the president question mike that means failure for the country? either way, a guy that has gotten results? the answer this question is clear. everyone in america is reaping the awards, you, the american people made the right decision. here now, fox news investigative reporter sara carter, former deputy attorney dr. gorka, arthur of a new book out in july, "the russia hoax," the scheme to -- he is the house majority whip, steve's police, first time i'm seen you since you were shot and you were -- it's good to see you. >> great to be with you in the new studio.
6:22 pm
thanks for the prayers. >> sean: finally believe i'm actually going to last a day. let me start with gregg jarrett on the legal side of all things. is there anything i'm saying in my opening monologue about the president's power that the media is wrong the reporting tonight? >> you are absolutely correct. so is the president. legal scholars are correct. the constitution is silent. it doesn't put a limit on the authority of the president to pardon any person. >> sean: he could initiate a doj investigation? >> absolutely. he could stop one from a initiate one, he can do anything he wants. no, he can't be. in the case of michael flynn, hoping, wishing that something happens is not obstruction. wiring james comey can be done for a reason or no reason at al all. comey admitted that himself. >> sean: there was an exculpatory peace in this be a memo that said if donald trump -- go after them.
6:23 pm
>> he wanted to continue the probe to get to the bottom of it. that's the greatest exoneration statement in all seven memos. >> sean: amazing. sara carter, let's go to you. you've been investigating this from day one. let's talk about where is this ig report? i'm hearing it may be delayed for another two weeks. how long does it take for one report to get out? i'm hearing they may release it on friday in the lead up to the trump summit with north korea in singapore. >> certainly, inspector general michael horovitz's office very tight-lipped about it. we are hearing rumors, hearing about leaks. i heard friday, i think something to watch out for -- the one fridays doing the bidding of democrats. >> friday is doing the bidding of the doj. rod rosenstein. rod rosenstein has still not answered senator lindsey graham letter asking him if he should be recused from this case. with that.
6:24 pm
i spoke to senator graham today. still has not answered his letter. we know michael horowitz is respected by a lot of people, sean. he's going to be very thorough. >> s he releases this -- if he releases this thursday or friday, he is burying it. if he releases it during the week next week when the president is in singapore, he is burying the report to protect rosenstein and the fbi and all the abuse powers. he's doing it to protect the doj and the wrongdoers. >> look, i think also, sean, this is going to be a very extensive report. i do not think people are going to walk away from it unstated. i think playing politics is a dangerous thing and burying that report could be very dangeus. i'd rather him wait two weeks as well for the american public cannot be distracted. ey have to understand what's going on here. they need to understand what was happening inside the fbi.
6:25 pm
and across the intelligence apparatus when it came to this investigation. >> sean: stop listening to these doj pe that are begging him, from what i hear, my sources are telling me to change the report. let me bring in congressman's scalise. i think every republican in this caucus needs to join devin nunes and the freedom caucus guys and demand the doj release all of this subpoenaed material unredacted. why are they not doing? white republicans demanding? >> sean, that's what we been demanding. to uncover the facts. i've shown some of t redacted governments, you've got eight and a half by 11 piece of paper where 90% isn't redacted. what do they have to hide? national
6:26 pm
>> sean: the eternal should be james comey did not think michael flynn is lying. that's embarrassing there that's not national security. >> are intelligent c agencies play an important role in our national security. if there is an bad apple, but -- me when i've been given specific dates, specific memos. sara carter, you know what talking about that would blow this wide open. they are purposely hiding it from the american people. have you heard the same? >> what i'm seeing is number one on the fisa abuses, in his letter, props for the follow-up from the fbi -- the one paul ryan said we are going to stand together here. >> i think we need to back our chairman devin nunes and his committee and the important work they are doing. the one only 18 signed a letter. that's embarrassing to me >> there has to be a second special counsel to oversee what's going on over there. if this is turning into a witch hunt --
6:27 pm
the one is it a witch hunt? >> if they got facts with russia, that's what this is supposed to be about, if they've got some, they've got to show the american people. if not, starts look like a witch hunt. >> sean: dr. gorka? >> it's clearly a witch hunt. how can you object obstruct justice without it being a crime? we are two years into this. what is the crime that the president has committed? >> sean: none. >> what is the crime -- >> sean: hillary committed the crime. she rigged the investigation, didn't they? >> sean, think of one thing. every single indictment that robert mueller has brought, all of them have nothing to do with russia and nothing to do with the election campaign. >> sean: the fisa judges were lied to. >> it's a fraud. absolutely! the abuse of fisa. we haven't even started to get
6:28 pm
to the bottom of the unmasking scandal. if we get all of these documents, it will make the -- the unmasking will be the biggest crime of them all and it will go back to john brennan. >> sean: exit question. if, in fact, the ig releases this report thursday, friday, next week, do you agree with me? these purposely burying it? >> we are going to -- look, whatever they do, they want the entire country to see this. they need to restore the integrity that so important to national security. they've got to clean their house up. >> they have no dirt or shovel. they cannot bury this no matter what. >> sean: that will be a bigger scandal. i've got to run. thank you. good to see you. god bless you. thank you all for joining us. meanwhile, white house press secretary sarah sanders earlier wrote major news about president trump's some
6:29 pm
to summit. take a listen. >> i can tell you the president has been receiving daily briefings on north korea from his national security team and i can also tell you the schedule for tentatively that first meeting will be on june 12th at 9:00 a.m. singapore time and take pla at june 11th, 9:00 p.m. east coast time. >> no matter what you call it, its maximum pressure that sealed the policy in north korea? >> the policy has not changed. as the president stated, we have sanctions on, very powerful, and will not take the sanctions off unless north korea agrees with us. >> sean: here with the reaction is white house press secretary sarah sanders. good to see you. thank you, always, for being back with us. from my perspective -- this is really simple about north korea. so far, we know that one nuclear test site is shut down. we know that he across the dmz, release three american hostages.
6:30 pm
willing to talk about the denuclearization. and as far as i know, the united states and the president have not paid a dime for that. true? >> true. look, the president has conced nothing. and the sanctions that have been on-site will will continue to be on place. as the president said on friday, this is part of the discussion, and he looks forward to this meeting. he thinks it's going to be a very good and productive meeting and it's going to be part of this process, but he certainly things that june 12th is going to be a good meeting and he certainly is looking forward to doing that here in the next week. >> sean: i think the president also is very smart in trying to manage expectations. nothing is going to be signed it next week, this will go as fast or slow as north korea wants. the sanctions remain in place. if there was another missile fired, we know the president will probably send or strike forces right back on the korean peninsula, if need be. it seems, especially when the president pulled out for a period, he means what he says.
6:31 pm
he's willing to walk away at any time. >> 100%. the president is extremely serious about this process. tely, he wants to see the new realization of the peninsula. that is the top goal here, that's what he's focused with the talks was under on. this may take time. this may not take time over the course of one meeting but several meetings. this is the beginning of that dialogue. the president is going to be a committed and firm to it. he has a good feeling of how this first meeting will go. >> sean: i understand how the media is, so the president has kept all of his promises of getting rid of burdensome regulation, biggest tax cuts and histories, moving the country towards energy independence. you can see the president is fighting on all issues regarding
6:32 pm
the border and the wall. i know it's 500 days in. he kept his word on jerusalem, the capital of israel, pulling out of the radiant deal if you're nobody really expecte started out as little rocket ma. i watch you every day and i watched today, all the focus is, president had nothing to do with the comments of don jr., i'm thinking that every report shows that what the president said, that the fact that the meeting was all about -- all the emails proving to be about talking about adoption, the fact is t at thend of the report, they told the truth. isn't that the bigger picture that is missed tonight? >> certainly that is one of the big things missed tonight, but i think the biggest story being missed tonight, and i saw today in the room, they asked me 100 questions on the fake witch hunt that they have been fixated on these last 500 days, but they
6:33 pm
forgot to mention that don't like about things americans care about like the booming economy. we have the best economy we've had since world war ii. they hrefuto talk about that. the stock market is growing. le actually have jobs. people who need jobs and wants jobs can get them. i mean, the fact that wasn't something that was talked about, that wasn't brought up, that was totally ignored, the fact that isis is on the run and being defeated day after day and we are in a much better position than ever before when it comes to that battle, the fact the president has completely remade the judiciary, the fact that we are becoming an energy independent and energy dominant country under this resident's leadership, they ignore all the successes of this president and it's to their detriment. i think the american people have seen it and that is why the media's numbers continue to tank and the president's numbers continue to go up. >> sean: sarah huckabee sanders, thank you for being with us. you do not want to miss the analysis. the great one, mark levin is
6:34 pm
here. he's ready to go on a tear. that is next straight ahead.
6:35 pm
6:36 pm
we're inspired by color, driven by clarity and dedicated to improving your view, no matter your vision. our prescription sunglasses are the most technologically advanced available, and are ten times more accurate than those produced by conventional labs. our polarizedplus2 technology enhances color and blocks harmful rays, while our digital processing allows for the widest possible field of vision. speak to your eye care professional and discover greater clarity with maui jim. the view's better from here.
6:37 pm
you might or joints.hing for your heart... but do you take something for your brain. with an ingredient originally found in jellyfish, prevagen is the number one selling brain-health supplement
6:38 pm
in drug stores nationwide. prevagen. the name to remember. >> sean: welcome back to "hannity." this morning, president trump went after the mueller witch hunt, "totally constitutional unconstitutional, i won't play the game because i, unlike the democrats, did nothing wrong." i called him the great one. he's the host of "crt live-in tv," number one show on fox -- the idea that a president can be indicted, i want you to deal with that. i want you to deal with the idea of part ins. this is your wheelhouse, mark the idea that the president has done anything wrong, i see you got your papers and you are prepared, sir. go.
6:39 pm
>> number one, this indicted issue, the president cannot be indicted according to the department of justice. mr. mueller is an inferior employee in terms of the department of justice. he works for the department of justice. and he must cply with the policies of the department of justice. even putting aside the constitutional issue, he cannot defy the department of justice and bring in an indictment. i believe they already understand that because they watch your show. because additionally, we know he can to either because of the arguments laid out by republican administration and democrat administration. you cannot cripple the president of the united states but he's the most powerful man in the federal government, expect him to have his due process constitutional rights properly defended at the same time. no president has been indicted, there is a reason for that. no president has ever been brought before a federal grand jury, there is a reason for that. perhaps mr. mueller is the one who was the tyrant, not the
6:40 pm
president of the united states. the appointment clause of the united states constitution, president trump did not write that. last time cked them of the framers wrote that, and ratified by all the states. the defect here is that every special cosel's appointment is unconstitutional, every special counselor's appointment is not unconstitutional. this special counsel's appointment is unconstitutional because the deputy attorney general, mr. rosenstei mr. rosenstein, hasn't educated himself about the appointment, norman clause. but does not have the power or the president and the senate. the president nominates principal officers to come to the senate and the senate must confirm. assistant attorney general, -- united states attorneys, assistant secretaries. theroblem is mr. rosenstein conferred so much power onto this special counsel, no specific criminal statutes, no specific individuals, and the oversight is so tacit and so limited. as he promised, he would keep
6:41 pm
his hands off of mr. mueller. he's created an unconstitutional special counsel. i believe that the president challenges that one day, he will be successful. now the pardon power. this memo they k referri to on capitol hill, mr. schumer, of all people, it's two and a half pages long. page one? page two? page three. see my exes? those of the relevant part of the memo that have nothing to do with going on today. this article question mike that's it. under the appointment of that nobody may be a judge in their own case, it would seem that the question would be answered in the negative. that's what the president can do, pardon himself. th a legal document. this is a joke. do you see all the footnotes here? there aren't any. do you see all the case law here? it's a novel question because no president has ever been indicted. why are we even discussing this part?
6:42 pm
"the new york times," one of the reporters in one of the highlights sections in the phony article based on the leaked letter puts in there, is the president saying he can pardon himself? of course the president can pardon himself! here is the language in the constitution, article two, section two. the president has the power to to -- except in cases of impeachment. do you hear anything there, except in the case of the president? all of these protections are built into our constitution to protect our constitution, to protect the president from the mob, the media, the democrats that are a mob today. they are here to protect them. it's not the president violating the constitution, it's the media who want the constitutio violated. it's the democrats who want the constitution violated. it's mueller and his merry brand of democrat prosecutors tipping around a constitutional confrontation. as i said here, every time i've been in your show, sean, the
6:43 pm
constitution is the president's friend. i am speaking slowly so even joe scarborough can comprehend what i'm saying. even chris cuomo can copperhead what i'm saying. the president is in this decision because of what is the rosenstein did, he created an unconstitutional monster who is threatening to bri the president in front of a federal grand jury, which is unconstitutional and has never been done, with this notion of obstruction of justice when he exercises the prerogatives, they want to indict him, which has never been done. the only way to remove the president of the united states is the old-fashioned way, through the senate. that is it. it's not the president who is the thug, it's mr. mueller who is the thug, it's not the president who is the incompetent, it's mr. rosenstein who is the incompetent. they can mock the president and his attorneys all they want. they show up in the supreme court, i'm betting that the president and his attorneys win. >> sean: you are saying the constitution is on the president's side and he needs to take it and his attorneys need to take it all the way.
6:44 pm
last point. >> i'm saying whether it's the appointments clause or the pardon power or the issue of indicting the president of united states, he is right on honest weeds and he's making the people who is criticizing him look like fools. where the hell the is united ss congress? then to ask mr. rosenstein since he recommended that comey has been fired. they need to ask about those memos out of the department justice -- what authority does he have to even contemplate indicting a president question mike why has he not violated the appointments clause of the constitution? article one! rated first in the constitution! they do not have to sit back and watch all this! they need to get involved! >> sean: that's why i call you the great one, mark. so important we get this right. our constitutional republic
6:45 pm
depends on it. you can see him sunday night. don't miss it. watch his show. "life, liberty, levin." when we come back, harris faulkner -- unbelievably shocking. that on this busy breaking news night. started searching for her words. and my brother ray and i started searching for answers. (vo) when it's time to navigate in-home care, follow that bright star. because brightstar care earns the same accreditation
6:46 pm
as the best hospitals. and brightstar care means an rn will customize a plan that evolves with mom's changing needs. (woman) because dad made us promise we'd keep mom at home. (vo) call 844-4-brightstar for your free home care planning guide.
6:47 pm
6:48 pm
6:49 pm
>> sean: we showed you earlier former president bill clinton and barking on a book tour this week and still defending his absolutely disgraceful behavior towards monica lewinsky. "i do not owe her a apology or nothing." amazing book right there. "nine rules of engagement," in bookstores tomorrow. one of our favorite anchors,
6:50 pm
personal friend of mine, harris faulkner is here. from "the hill," joe conger. i watch her show every day. both of them. how did you get two hours and i only get one? >> you prove you can do more with one hour than most can do every day! >> sean: only because of my radio show, i have not been on your "outnumbered." >> you know we have beds, right? you said in the commercial, you might get a little new and outnumbered!" it will change your life. it's like a vegetable drink. it makes you healthy, gives you something to fight for. >> sean: the good news is, and i'm so happy for you, because th show has been a breakout hit from day one. it's not easy to do. this is a tough business. i am like thendfather here at this point. >> we are tougher than that. let's not talk too much about age. >> sean: no, no, no... >> that time of the day,
6:51 pm
everybody is out doing everything. >> sean: you are right. and you've done so well, though. >> we have been very blessed. some of the things i've learned as a military brat, i write about in thisook. devising a strategy. i know you know about this because you are very picky about who is on your team. you know there is a science to that. we become most like the five people we spend most of our time with. our special forces, we have a small s on that. we are not real military. i learned the gifts from the military on how to be successful. >> sean: following all of these rules and i was looking at the book tonight. if we just followed them, everybody would benefit! i've read every self-help book there is, so i need the help. >> [laughs] nobody is on it. >> sean: i have learned a lot from oprah. >> really? >> sean: i really did. she used to have these self-help authors like scott peck and "the
6:52 pm
road less traveled." >> exactly. >> sean: this is a modern day version. >> i tell a lot of my data posse is war. stories what he was doing -- i'm somebody who always has a contingency plan. because things happen! >> sean: like, "i am on "hannity" and his stupid show... >> thank you for your kind words! that's my mom on the back or that's me as a little one on his spider jacket. >> sean: you've got to see this picture. it's so awesome. >> look at mom! she's giving everybody a pillow. >> sean: one of these parables... [laughter] let me bring in joe conger. we are going to talk about -- >> hi, joe! >> sean: what bothers me until november 8th, 2016, the media protected the clintons over all of his behavior. he november 9th, it began to change a little bit.
6:53 pm
>> what you saw today, particularly on "the today show," sean, the first time in 20 years, clinton was actually asked a tough question and actually broached on monica lewinsky. as you said, bill clinton, master politician, excellent commun, didn't know how to handle it. he ends up bringing up the victim makes himself the victim, said he wout apologize to monica lewinsky. with the #metoo back up, we will start to hear questions about when you know broderick, kathleen willey. ean: harris, go ahead. >> "washington post" put out a fact check list -- there are seven other women on it. he is grappling for relevance right now, and sometimes you have to know when it's not your time. when a woman steps up when you
6:54 pm
used to have much power over and has power with her voice, might be time to sit down. take several seats. see what happens. >> sean: harris faulkner, please see her shoes. mohen we come back. just one free hearing test at
6:55 pm
his local miracle ear helped andrew hear more of the joy in her voice. just one hearing test is all it took for him to hear more of her laugh... and less of the background noise around him. for helen, jusone visit to her local miracle-ear is all it took to learn how she can share more moments with her daughter. just one free hearing test could help you hear more... laughter...music...life... call now for your free hearing test from an industry leader: miracle-ear.
6:56 pm
and we got to know the friends of our friends.r the friends. and we found others just like us. and just like that we felt a little less alone. but then something happened. we had to deal with spam, fake news, and data misuse. that's going to change. from now on,
6:57 pm
facebook will do more to keep you safe and protect your privacy. because when this place does what it was built for, then we all get a little closer. does it look like i'm done? shouldn't you be at work? [ mockingly ] "shouldn't you be at work?" todd. hold on. [ engine revs ] arcade game: fist pump! your real bike's all fixed. man, you guys are good! well, we are the number-one motorcycle insurer in the country. -wait. you have a real motorcle? and real insurance, with 24-hour customer support. arcade game: wipeout! oh! well... i retire as champion. game hog! champion. until her laptop crashed this her salon wasmorning.for weeks, having it problems? ask a business advisor how to get on demand tech support for as little as $15 a month. get your coupon for 20% off supplies, technology and furniture at office depot office max.
6:58 pm
>> sean: weeks away from president trump's historic summit with north koreans little rocket man kim jong un for getting details that kim will be meeting with the syrian dictator assad soon as well. chief national correspondent ed henry. it's getting interesting, those three people purged, if you welcome it today. >> that's another big part of it. in terms of the syrian meeting, this follows the meeting that kim jong un has had with chinese and russian officials fear the question is is this a had faked to the headline is that yeah, i might meet with the headliners bashar al-assad, i'm with th rogue nations before he
6:59 pm
flips and actually does the right thing and seals a peace deal with president trump, or is this a warning sign that it's potentially meeting with assad who days ago raised the specter of attacking u.s. troops to try and reclaim territory in syria. there are some reports that this could be a diplomatic misunderstanding and that they are not going to meet before the june 12 summit. there is a long french appear. in 2007, israeli warplanes bombed what they said was a nuclear facility in syria that they believed was being built by north korean scientist. more recently, there have been reports as well and allegations that north korea shipped chemical weapon components to syria. a more hopeful sign is what you mentioned out of north korea, the purge of three senior military commanders. a younger, loyalist to kim who might be more willing to go towards denuclearization, a sign that the chances of a peace deal may be increasing, sean. >> sean: we will be watching
7:00 pm
very closely. a lot happening in the world and a lot good. 500th day. look at the economy. like world is changing the a positive direction. all the time we have lefthis evening but we will always be fair, balanced, never let the destroy from media let your heart be troubled, what comment would you be making tonight? laura : >> it's a great time to be in america. this is awesome. anyone who's complaining complaining about this economy, i don't know when they think it's going be better in the future? >> sean: how great is "the new york times"? we run out of descriptions about how great it is. it's got to be killing them. this is why all this mueller crap needs to go away. speak. >> laura: imagine if he did not have the invitation investigation hanging over his head. >> sean: look at the atlanta fed where they are projecting 4.8% second quarter gdp growth. if it gets near that,