Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  June 5, 2018 2:00pm-2:59pm PDT

2:00 pm
however long it takes to give you the play setting for the midterm elections. 12 of those races are in-state districts the democrats think they were very good chance of taking with the right candidate. we will find out tonight. see you inbout three hours. >> kimberly: i'm kimberuilfoyle with juan williams, brian kilmeade, dana perino and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is. president trump is standing firm on his decision to pull the plug on a white house invitation for th super bowl champion philadelphia eagles. the president instead posting a celebration of america eve. >> we love our country. we respect our flag and we parlay stand for the national anthem. it's about time that we understood. we stand to honor our military and to honor our country and to
2:01 pm
remember the fallen heroes who never made it backome. >> kimberly: after the team was disinvited, the philadelphia mayor slammed the president is "not a true patriot" and launched a new personal attack. >> the guy is a scary guy. i don't -- hopefully by the time he is gone, we can recover from this mess. but this is a bad time in our country. i'm frightened about the fact that he has his hands in the nuclear codes, that he threatens to annihilate north korea. >> kimberly: meanwhile. shaking my head. meanwhile, the white house is accusing the eagles of playing politics. >> this wasn't a political stunt by the eagles franchise, then they would not plan to attend the event and have backed out of the last minute. if it wasn't a political stunt, they wouldn't he attempted to reschedule the visit when they
2:02 pm
knew that the president was going to be overseas. if this wasn't a political stunt, they wouldn't have waited until monday. >> kimberly: jesse is a die-hard eagles fan and he was there for all the action at the white house. hey, jesse. >> hey, kamil e. >> kimberly: how are you feeling about this? i know you are a h eagles fan. >> huge fan. let's get one thing sgh. both are winners. the eagles beat the patriots and trump beat cricket hillary. we have that. no one is going to take it away from us. it's tough for me. eagles, trump. i am a philly guy. i'm going to have to side with trump. the eagles tried a trick play, trump sniffed it out and show down. i don't like the gamesmanship with the guest list. it was less than ten people. it was like owner, assistant coach and mascara. and then you have the mayor coming in. he doesn't speak for the
2:03 pm
philadelphia eagles. he sounds like joy behar. the guy is a joke. what message this country in? i don't know what this guy is talking to. everybody was happy to be there. they didn't see the eagles. they saw me. i was kind of the consolation prize. although one person thought i was ted mosby. i don't really know who that is. another percentile i was tucker carlson. >> kimberly: wow. you are really winning over there. big day, huge day for jesse. that's fine. brian, you want to chime in? >> brian: jesse, if we are understand this about the eagles didn't show. they made it clear late last week they were going to shop. they tried ttrump trump. when trump pulled the rug out from them from within the attacks came. who is the winner? i don't get it. >> jesse: like i said, they are both winners. the eagles have the trophy.
2:04 pm
that's never going to change. trump does what he does. he did the singapore dance with little rocket man canceling the meeting and then bringing it back on. the eagles don't look at here but philadelphia fans, i don't really think they are going to care very much. we are still going to cheer for the eagles. the trump peoennsylvania are still going to pull the lever for donald. >> kimberly: here we go. supported her needs news at night. >> juan: i am deeply offended. nobody said hey, aren't you juan williams? [laughter] >> jesse: no, juan. i did not happen. >> juan: you noy pulling your leg. last week, the nfl owners said they were setting new rules for this coming season to require the player sitting for the anthem will remain in the locker room. this morning he is tweeting out no escape to the locker room. the owners aren't even escaping.
2:05 pm
trump is bullying the players and the owners, am i wrong? >> jesse: i think bullying is a tough term, juan. i think we all need to grow upde about bullying here. these are billionaire owners making a fortune. i think everybody is a grown up here. he didn't like the settlement. he didn't like this kind of in between deal where you get to stay in the locker room for the anthem or you're going to come out and stand. he wants it all in. you're either 100% for the country and the flag, or we are not going to play ball. he's going to fight until he is satisfied that and we will see who backs down. seemed like the owners backed down a little bit. >> kimberly: jesse, any more highlights from the day? >> jesse: i'm a little nervous because when i was trying to talk to the president when he was leaving, i didn't get a chance to. i lost my dad for a second, who i brought. i caught back up with him and i said dad, where were you?
2:06 pm
he goes, i just did an interview with abc. and i'm like, was a local abc? he goes i don't know. it might have been national. i he no idea what my dad said on camera to abc. i think he is jealous that mom texts have taken off. >> kimberly: i think your dad should get an agent next, right? i don't know. i'm glad you guys found each other. buddy system and all. sounds like it was fun. we're going to have to say goodbye now, parting is such sweet sorrow, jesse. get back to winning. >> brian: how come people say president trump should have happened anyway. he has the mascot, the owner, who hates him, despises him, since he's destroying the country. one other player perhaps. what do you mean he's going to have it? how could he possibly have it? he had no choice but to cancel it. >> juan: that's not true. he had issued an invitation. the point is that the players
2:07 pm
didn't want to be used as, like, for a photo up. they wanted to have a real -- i think they requested time with trump. they were told no. >> brian: they were not told no. the request was with 85 requests for invitations and press credentials. you know the photo op design that has been done. >> juan: they don't want a phot up. th something one of the former players said. it wasn't just about the standing. a lot of these guys don't like donald trump. >> kimberly: dana, let's talk about how this played out. people expecting this fun, happy thing. and you have the mayor who sounded kind of crazy. >> dana: can i say i think the whole thing, all of it is a real shame. i don't like culture war stuff. i think that the president has such good news to talk about. they lead the white house briefing today to talk about the economy which is roaring.
2:08 pm
then they have all the stuff. cultural stuff will always rise to the top. it m think it's a shame. i would like to know more the details because i think some of the facts, as i understand them, are in dispute. if they want to have a personal meeting behind-the-scenes? we don't know. i don't know. you said they didn't. >> brian: they requested it. i don't know they were denied. >> dana: i don't know. i think it's a shame. it's possible maybe one of the best t to do i just to stop having teens come to the white house and focus on the peoples business. >> kimberly: greg, where do you fall? >> greg: i don't give a toss about these players. i am all here to talk about it because we have to talk about it. the economy is good. low unemployment. where is isis right now? north korea is at the table. we have iran on watch. we have so much good news.
2:09 pm
i really don't care that these players are upset or offended. i don't care. they are millionaires. the owners are billionaires. what i would like to do, see trump do is maybe do a drilling initiative to deal with the prices. that would be good. the media has carried the water on this and made it a terrible story. the claimant is not directed at the anthem colleges going against our eyes. when you're watching a football game. you can say it's about police brutality beaver we're watching it happen during the anthem. the anthem is a political act. standing for the anthem is a political act. so is the fourth of july, so was the flag. that is garbage. it's just a symbol. saying it is a free-speech issue commits only free-speech if it is pertaining to the government. this is an actual business. you are not getting arrested for saying something. you are just being, you're being penalized as an employee.
2:10 pm
the way the media has curated, and he sighed specifically in the press conference in which april ryan and the other dude from nbc or peppering sanders with redundant, stupid questions like aren't you aware this is about brutality? you aware the message convoluted? when you see players up there, they are making -- there's kneeling during the national anthem, they are making a huge mistake. they are injecting politics into a nonpolitical event. we talk about this every year. we talk about the best way to ruin a thanksgiving dinner is to talk about politics. somehow it's different at a sporting event? no. you inject politics at an appropriate venue. you pay the price. we are so over this. move on. >> juan: let me tell you how important this is. it's about culture wars, as dana said. it's particularly dangerous because it tears of the fabric
2:11 pm
of our society with regard to race. >> greg: i agree. but you see everything through the prism of race. >> juan: i do not. i have no doubt about that majority of the color of the players, the ones kneeling and raising a fist because of protesting brutality. let me explain. in fact, the ruling out of the flag and the anthem with the players on the sidelines is a new reality. it used to be that they were always in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem. now they are on the sidelines. in recent years, there's been an explosion, big flags, flyovers. in so many cases, in fact what you see is that the nfl was charging the military. >> greg: we are veering off to another -- i want to agree with you, juan. >> juan: politics and sports is important in americaoday.
2:12 pm
>> greg: i want to agree on this. there are issues with the criminal justice system but this specific debate did nothi to help the dialogue. instead he created two separate teams. pro anthem and anti-anthem. when your eyes look at something it happen, visuals are t most see i did nothing for the dialogue. alienated sports fans. if you believe standing for the anthem or the flag is a political event, that's on you for being political. >> juan: i stand for the anthem myself but i'm telling you that what you've got here is a situation where donald trump has found a way to stir his base. his base is saying -- this has nothing to do the national anthem, nothing to do with the flag. nothing to do with love of our troops. >> kimberly: yes, it does. >> juan: the nfl players association said we love our troops. we love our country. we love our flag. >> greg: why did they have to
2:13 pm
do that? the message is convoluted. >> brian: they don't like law enforcement. they are standing up, they say it's police brutality. >> juan: bad cops, not good comps. >> kimberly: they had to put that statement out because it was perceived, disrespectful. yes, it is. >> juan: pushed by donald trump to stir up voters. >> kimberly: he wasn't the one taking a knee. >> brian: he wasn't present when it started. -- he wasn't president when it started. here's the thing. the president's committee wants to talk about the economy come he can lay out what he wants to. he has not taken on kim. if you wanted to talk about the economy, he just wouldn't tweet about this. he wants this fight. >> juan: yes, he does.
2:14 pm
>> juan: he wants to tell blacko shut up. >> kimberlkt the record unemployment among blacks and minorities and women right now. that is somebody who really tell black people to shut up. [all speaking] >> juan: arguments like that, when you look at oh, my god. >> kimberly:his is ridiculous. >> brian: chris long, what is he? white guy.err, also a this is not about the flag. he's using this to attack a minority group. >> kimberly: no. he's using this as an opportunity to attack the esent to try to call him racist, to say hes against black people when there is no evidence to suggest that whatsoever. >> juan: the nfl is one of the most inclusive workplaces in america but now as a result of trump's interference, it has corroded the relationship.
2:15 pm
>> kimberly: the whole thing. i think the nfl is just fine. teams are standing by their players. to try to type thisnto president trump and call him a racist and that he wants to tell black people to shut up is just completely out of line. >> brian: if the politico story is true, it looks like a scripted event to embarrass the president. give me 85 passive, 70 passes, the mascot and the owner. it's a scripted attempt to embarrass te hou. >> juan: what hns when the players show up and trumped stan's parents is these guys are supporting me. please. they don't want to be used. >> kimberly: why did they say 80 are going to con may pull -- it's like a bait and switch. he shows up and there's the goofy mcot and poor jesse and his dad. >> greg: that's why this is so pointless. >> brian: there is a lot of
2:16 pm
news to talk about. >> greg: rodman is going to north korea and you say trump doesn't listen. >> kimberly: now for some bad news. key primaries in eight states. out why when we return. your brain changes as you get older. but prevagen helps your brain with an ingredient originally discovered... in jellyfish. in clinical trials, prevagen has been shown to improve short-term memory. prevagen. the name to remember. why people everywhere are upgrading their water filter to zerowater. start with water that has a lot of dissolved solids. pour it through brita's two-stage filter. dissolved solids remain?
2:17 pm
what if we filter it over and over? (sighing) oh dear. thank goodness zerowater's five-stage filter gets to all zeroes the first time. so, maybe it's time to upgrade. get more out of your water. get zerowater. hi.i just wanted to tell you thdependability award for its midsize car-the chevy malibu. get more out of your water. i forgot. chevy also won a j.d. power dependability award for its light-duty truck the chevy silverado.
2:18 pm
oh, and since the chevy equinox and traverse also won chevy is the only brand to earn the j.d. power dependability award across cars, trucks and suvs-three years in a row. phew. third time's the charm...
2:19 pm
2:20 pm
♪ >> dana: eight states today. five months before november's midterm, new poll reveals voters in battleground districts don't have a clear idea of who leads the democratic party. 45% of the term voters say that the democrats are leaderless. chris matthews has a theory on what might be causing the parties problem. >> there is too many leaders in. there's so much elitism the democratic party. it's outrageous. even though i may agree with their policies, i think there is an attitude of elitism. they need to get over it. the people they talk to on these kind of shows are the kind of people they want the money from, the elites. >> dana: understandable after party loses a general election for the presidency that they are leaderless for a while until there is a primary. greg, do you think chris
2:21 pm
matthews thought the democrats had an elysium problem when barack obama was president? >> greg: no. when you look at what barack obama said to ben rhodes when he said america just wasn't ready for me. if you want to talk about elitism. remember for the democrats, america is the following, and they are the angels. everybody else is flawed. i think it's really hard to be a blue-collar democrat these days because you have to be on every nuance of gender and racial politics. you have to know tnouns. you he to know that every type of gendered designation. you have to have every nuance of cultural appropriation in your head, and the only way to do that is to be in elitist campus cultist. you can't be a plumber. you can't be an electrician. you can't be a carpenter. i know all that stuff. you have to be a campus activist. that's a really small
2:22 pm
population. >> dana: voters as of the democratic party does not have a leader could not agree who it was. brian, chuck schumer got 16% of the road. nancy pelosi 15. bernie sanders, 13. hillary clinton with 7%. >> brian: you have to ask yourself, what is the prototype that's going to give me the house and senate? any finder prototype and has those legitimate attributes and running to them. senator schumer, a guy from brooklyn. nancy pelosi from the west coast. i wouldn't s that i your ticket to success. beanders must scare the heck out of most democrats because he is not even a democrat. he is a self-avowed socialist. the question is, what does the democrat look like? what are his attributes? >> dana: today, there is eight states. one of them is iowa. what i learned today is that the democrats likely to win the primary today in iowa is not like either bernie sanders or hillary clinton.
2:23 pm
maybe they are trying to shed that altogether. >> juan: you have a lot of people. go back to what happened with conor lamb or doug jones in alabama. i don't think you say any of them, although they are successful and ran as democrats and states that were dominated by donald trump or districts dominated by donald trump. these are folks who one man. you're looking for new models. if he becomes my mind, goes back to the last time we had a first-term president going toe midterms, that's barack obama in 2010. there was a terrible, large red wave that swept over -- >> dana: terrible? >> juan: terrible from my perspective. i am saying there was a big wave. what we are seeing is i don't think he would've said back then who is the g.o.p. leader and had an answer. >> dana: youidn't. >> juan: when you bring that upalcolm people are saying is it schumer, pelosi? we don't know. >> dana: 153 days to the midterms and then we are off to the races. >> juan: that's the key point.
2:24 pm
today the first segment, we were talking about the nfl. we could talk about yesterday immigration. these are issueshat jim gin up your voters. turnout is key. in the 2010 race, people were sped up about obamacare. in this case, you have democra o hav a tmendous adv in terms of voter enthusiasm. it about the man who they're midterm is going to be about, the referendum on donald trump. >> dana: california as the other states, kimberly. you know a little bit about what's going on out there. one thing that surprised me is on the table in california, one of the questions is going to be expanding medicaid to illegal immigrants who are adults up to age 26. previously it was her people up to age 19. now california has this on the table. it is becoming quite a liberal
2:25 pm
state. and there's a big primary, big governors race out there. what do you think? >>bek, i think that's going too far. they have no common sense it seems now, government in california, because they want to hand everything out, pay for everything. major financial and economic problems. how are they going to be able to sustain it? it's not a workable framework. they do not have the means to pay for it. yet they continue to flagrantly violate and basically turn a blind eye to the law, whether it's sanctuary cities were giving free stuff away. it's becoming a completely, like a socialist state and being mismanaged. seems tre trying to attack into even more liberal direction. we will see where goes but from the looks of it, it's going to continue that way. >> dana: we will keep an eye on it. we'll have results to morbid president trump outraged over delays in the doj inspector general's report on the clinton email probe. dad's next.
2:26 pm
-- that's next.
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
it's just a burst pipe, i could fix it. (laugh) no. with claim rateguard your rates won't go up just beacuase of a claim.
2:30 pm
i totally could've... (wife) nope! switching to allstate is worth it. ♪ >> juan: president trump blasting another delaying the release of the justice department inspector gener's report o clinton email investigation. the president tweeting this ing: "what is taking so long with the inspector general's report on crooked hillary and slippery james comey. numerous delays. hope report is not being changed and made weaker! there are so many horrible things to tell, the public has the right to know. transparency!" what do you say, greg? >> greg: don't come to me. it's like we are at a casino. one side is betting on red which is the delivery schedule. the other side is betting on black, the roulette table. >> brian: you are not even reading that. >> greg: it is the longest
2:31 pm
political hangover in history. >> dana: they are pumping in oxygen. >> greg: you don't know what time it is. keep losing money. the hilarious thing, it all goes back to anthony weiner. it's all about the emails on his la ifhat hadn't happened, that ly, s would probably be president. what caused her the election is anthony weiner's stupidity. >> juan: what the inspector general is looking at is the initial report that came from comey when he said she made mistakes but we don't think there's any grounds here for indictment. let me ask you about that. the counterargument coming from foump is putting pressure ecause he's to undermine comey's credibility. if the inspector general is critical of ban behavior commit undermines his credibility. >> kimberly: i think portis
2:32 pm
wants the information and is worried there are redactions happening. they are making changes to it. they want to see the version prior to being watered down. he wants to see the report. it is supposed to come out. what is the delay, what's going on behind the scenes? behind closed doors. what are they doing? what are they redirecting? is it going to be watere to the point that it is less impactful? >> juan: brian, i think a lot people are concerned here because the president this morning was also tweeting about attorney general sessions and saying that sessions, was a sio rke for ses himself. he would have chosen someone else. >> brian: back to your casino. the draft report was given to the doj and fbi in may. because of that, we have okay, we're going to have a meeting. was supposed to be today.
2:33 pm
horwitz was supposed to speak. doesn't happen. what about june 11? people are looking forward to june 12. that's singapore. they are about to have an explosive report that swamped. i use that word intentionally. swamped by singapore. my thing is, i'm not interested in comey and hillary's emails. i am intereste in hillary's emails when she was secretary of state. i am interested in the impact of peter strzok and page and what they did and what the fbi was up to when they should've been legitimately investigating both sides. if you talk about comey and hillary's emails, i have no interest. mccabe lying and leaking to "the wall street journal" and the battle between comey and mccabe ands telling the trh, that interest me but hillary clinton is old news. i would rather look at walter mondale and why he lost 49-want to. >> kimberly: we know why.
2:34 pm
>> juan: dana, do you have anything on this? >> dana: the report will be out when it's out. >> juan: the other thing i wanted to ask you about his paul manafort and the personnel being put on him. apparently mueller's going to a judge saying that manafort was tampering with witnesses and asking the judge to put manafort in jail. >> dane napito on "the daily briefing" today trying to explain it and apparently the government is saying that they are going to tell the judge -- manor was us encpted technology to out osie witnesses to get them all on the same page with his version of the facts. and that's an inappropriate thing to do. quite brazen. maybe also just crazy. i don't know. that h nt fri interestingly enough, next friday, june 15, is also the day cen has a hearing. it's going to be a big judicial blockbuster day. >> juan: wow.
2:35 pm
>> brian: i can't get over the fact that greg looks forward someday to being under house arrest. >> greg: that is my dream. to have someone tell you can't leave your home. >> kimberly: order food in. >> juan: i think he will love the bracelet. you too much bad news from your health? greg, yes, greg is going to break it down. new report next on "the five" ." . and you have the determination to keep going. humira has a proven track record of being prescribed for over 10 years. humira works inside the body to target and help block a specific source of inflammation that contributes to symptoms. in clinical trials, most adults taking humira were clear or almost clear and many saw 75% and even 90% clearance in just four months. humira can lower your ability to fight infections,
2:36 pm
including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal, infections and cancers, including lymphoma have happened as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms, or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. join over 250,000 people who have chosen humira. ask about the #1 prescribed biologic by dermatologists. humira & go.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
do not mistake serenity for weakness. do not misjudge quiet tranquility for the power of 335 turbo-charged horses. the lincoln mkx, more horsepower than the lexus rx350. and a quiet interior from which to admire them. for a limited time, 0% apr olincoln mkx plus get $1,000 bonus cash. ♪ >> greg: all right, according to a new cnn article, too much bad news can make you sick. well, they are the experts. they point to social media, new technology, 24-hour news ich allows you to experience stuff you never would have decades ago.
2:40 pm
who could be responsible for this? a murder in one state, a train crash, wildfire, flood, they all command you at once. it ovehes you. that comes disaster fatigue. how does thi make you sick? the articleevho any statistics about tt. it's all hypotca no evidence. maybe there could be the problem, cnn. here is my theory. some bad news at all that makes you sick. it's the "you are bad news." when every story paints u.s. the villain which happens daily. here is bad news. polar bears are disappearing. here is you are bad news. it's because you mistreat the planet. illegal immigration is up. here is you are bad if it bugs you, you must be a bigot. bad news: police should a minority. you are bad news: because america, you are racist. how healthy is it to be told hourly that you are heartless,
2:41 pm
racist, and killing the earth? that mt news e he because we know you are a good person. he will get in other places. to the democratic party, cnn is their megaphone. the t ssage you are bad. everything is born thrhe same filter, the campus. it creates one conclusion. you are the oppressor. you are guilty. if that doesn't make you sick, richard. you know what i love, dana? cnn had another article right after that and it was about how amazing america is remember great economy, north korea, low unemployment. ppl so sad? that was an actual article that ran after this one. cnn is, they have no self-awareness. >> dana: wonder about -- the poll he bear that out. if you ask people, doou think america is moving in the right direction? are you optimistic? those numbers are headed in a positive direction.
2:42 pm
it might be that the people running the headlines, the people of their peer group and the people they are with, they are miserab>> greg: , kimberly brady won't find that it fox news because we appreciate the viewer. we don't believe america is inherently evil like this other jerk faces at the other cable networks. >> kimberly: screw them. we are too busy being happy and winning, right? such a good point. people say they don'tant to watch the news because it's upsetting. you get psolamed like it relates to like america's bad place, americans are racist, that americans are only concerned about themselves. when you look at the real facts about what's going on, we are one of the most generous countries if not the most generous country in terms of helping out other countries. we have great record on employment numbers now. people are back at work. they are able to provide for their family. you see the numbers, with women and minorities, african-american community. we are trying to do even more to
2:43 pm
improve people's lives. these are the positive good news stories. like dana's book. people want to hear it and hear about constant be made to feel badou w yove done something to be a blight on the rest of the world and you are destroying the environment while you're at it. >> greg: they touched on something we talk about here, that technology and cable takes every story makes it national. we think that all the stuff is happening right now. >> juan: i thought your point was well taken. had no statistical basis. but i must say i thi the point you are now making about every earthquake, every murder is a national story, that's also true and it affects you. a lot of people do, what kimberly was describing, saying i don't watch news as much as i used to because they think, especially in our audience, that is all nasty trump stuff and they don't want to hear it but secondly, a lot of it is depressing. every station does breaking
2:44 pm
news, breaking news. what is this? it catches your eyeball. response.st like an involuntary your head swings to the tv. i find it odd coming from mr. "i hate these people" that you are saying we are the love boat right here at fox news. >> greg: that's true. i am a hypocrite. you got me there. you do a news program. i believe it's in the mornings. is it a local program? >> brian: it's going to be national. >> greg: it's aelightful show. you have cooking segments. of the day.e used to have pet ratings got too high 65% say they follow the news most of the time. 68% said they are worn out by the news. here's what i say. when president obama, president bush was president, thing with fox and we don't program the same story. look how different the show's. look how different our show is.
2:45 pm
there is not "trump is great," "obama is bad." "bush is fantastic." we switch gears. 45 minutes about bad trumpeters in 15 minutes on how they wish s a program, if y watch here, people are happier. i would like cnn do a study on why fox viewers are happier. we have a diversity of views and allows you to get information and form your own opinion. >> greg: when you feel bad watching the news. the nation's hall monitor. they will take one event and make it the rule, not the exception. a liberal professor thinks students as young as five should undergo toxic masculinity training. brian has got that.
2:46 pm
let's see why people everywhere are upgrading their water filter to zerowater. start wi that has why people everywhere a lot of dissolved solids. pour it through brita's two-stage filter. dissolved solids remain? what if we filter it over and over? (sighing) oh dear. thank goodness zerowater's five-stage filter gets to all zeroes the first time. thanso, mae 's timewater's five-sto upgrade. get more out of your water. get zerowater. whs guy got a flat tire get more out of your water. in the middle of the night, so he got home safe.
2:47 pm
yeah, my dad says our insurance doesn't have that. what?! you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
>> brian: a liberal professor wants to take ideas from a college campus and put them in young kids classrooms. a professor at the university of wisconsin whitewater is reportedly calling on k-12 schools to create programs to
2:50 pm
fight so-called toxic masculinity. the goal is to bring about cultural change and redefine what it means to be a male because men are running the world. here's a man running the world himself,d. they want to get rid of the so-called "rape culture," sexism and other stuff. >> greg: they realize they need to brainwash them. the ideas won't stick when you are an adult. this is a contagion from the campus to indoctrinate children into what i call a cult of shame. by the time they reach puberty,l contributing adults in society, you have to get them to believe they are the oppressor the guilty of the sins of the past. it's a postmodern virus designed to undermine america. >> brian: men are the problem. >> greg: it's over.
2:51 pm
the goes down th >> brian: at duke, a nine week course, should we teach young kids turn out to be a man? >> juan: i don't think that's a pretty look at our cul today, he a lot of the thing celebrated, from guns to dominating women, i seehear mus. i dove to try. it's out there in the culture. there is a lot of that in the movies. it goes way back to john wayne. i hate to say it but i think there's a lot of porn for young guys and it's not good. >> greg: i agree with you on that but i think it's different. >> kimberly: john wayne and porn and what? i think let people beelves themselves. i wouldn't want my son to participate in this. it's up to parents to raise their children well and be respectful to women. i don't know this training.
2:52 pm
it's assuming bad things already in a child. >> brian: dana, do you see merit in this? backlash coming an it's going to beipartisan >> brian: i would love to that, bipartisan. when we come back, unl you have a different rundown, "one more thing" is next. prepare for your demise, mr. billingsley! do your worst, doctor. i will. but first, a little presentation.
2:53 pm
hijack sg earth'rmal phase 1. choosing the right drill bit. as long as reveal their plans, count onco sg folks money. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
until her laptop crashed this her salon wasmorning.for weeks, having it problems? ask a business advisor how to get on demand tech support for as little as $15 a month. get your coupon for 20% supplies, technology and furniture at office depot office max. we believe nutrition is full of possibilities to improve your pet's life. we are redefining what nutrition can do. because the possibility of a longer life and a better life is the greatest possibility of all. purina pro plan. nutrition that performs. ♪
2:56 pm
>> kimberly: it's time for "one more thing." i will start. today, one of my favor players of alle. san francisco 49ers. i loved watching him play. there's a picture of the catch which was an incredible touchdown grab from joe montana, under one minute left. 1981 nfl championship game against the dallas cowboys. he was truly a legend. incredible inspiration. people who love football loved to watch and play. sadly, he lost his battle with als, lou gehrig's disease. he was surrounded by his family, and he passed away at a very young age, 61. dwight clark, one of football's all-time greatest. >> brian:e became an executive. a lot of success there. >> dana: do you love a road trip? i love a road trip and i like to give advice about road trips. take a look at alexander.
2:57 pm
she was going to go on a road trip with her friend. she's from the university of sconsin eau claire. she tweeted "six months ago i asked dana perino for advice for good road trip. today we are halfway through and haven't killed each other yet." she heard it on the podcast. she has my notes, kimberl will like this. one of them was no one to talk and know when to shut up. that's a good one. have a good array of snacks. beef jerky, starburst, swedish fish. they it and they are excited. her and all of her friends congratulas and have fun. a >> kimberly: you brought those delicious snacks on our bus tour. those salami things. >> brian: another reason to get your podcast. >> kimberly: you learn a lot of things. greg. >> greg: let us move on move oo something important.
2:58 pm
greg's new invention. you know i love aention. thing i hate is having to carry around my ball when i am looking for some water to lap up. leave it to captain fluffy who has invented the cone bowl. water drops into your cone and you turn it into your very own bowl. so inventive and smart. probably got neutered. making lemonade out of lemons. >> kimberly: just when you thought he couldn't get any weirder. juan, what do you have? >> juan: dear member the famous sportscaster called "do you believe in miracles?" take a look. >> the catch and the double play. >> juan: florida seminoles third-base woman. she hit a home run to defeat
2:59 pm
ucla and get her tea national championship. last night she made that amazing catch, double-play, preserving florida's one-run lead over washington. fsu won the game. let's see if more miracles are on the way. >> kimberly: that's amazing. i loved playing softball. so fun. >> brian: screen time, looking at your phone. how many times do you do it? not only are you concerned, your family, your friends, so is apple. apple has come up with iowa 12. they will be able to monitor your screen time. tim cook was shocked. he sain i begano get the data, i found i was spending more time that i shouldn't number of times i picked up the phone were too many. there is an addiction out there. it's the thing they created ten years ago. it's changed the way we interact. this is the beginning of weaning ourselves off and will be back to flip phones and regular phones. we will be back to writing long letters.
3:00 pm
>> kimberly: you missed your calling on qvc or something. >> greg: i like your tie. >> kimberly: sour dvrs. never miss an episode of "the five." "special report" is next with bret baier. >> super bowl shuffle trump style. the president disinvited the world champion philadelphia eagles. fbi's top spy expert dr. congress about russiacolluss emails. plus, life and death in gaza. we will take you there. this is "special report" ." good evening. i bret baier. night president trump is enduring some fears monday morning quarterbacking from nfl players and others over a white house visit from the super bowl champion philadelphia eagles. only a handful of players were planning to attend. the president tidy

70 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on