Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  June 5, 2018 7:00pm-7:59pm PDT

7:00 pm
consequences every day since. and i still believe this "we need to" movement is long overdue and should be supported. >> we are always fair and balanced, but let not your hea be, laura ingraham is next. >> laura: good evening from washington, this is "the ingraham angle." believe it or not, jennifer flowers joins us live for her first interview in years. she has a new bombshell allegation against bill clinton. you won't want to miss this. plus, president trump makes a statement by celebrating the nation instead of the national football league. but first, we have big breaking news from capitol hill. director andrew mccabe is offering commitment.
7:01 pm
former attorney general loretta lynch to testify when the ig report on the hillary clinton email investigation isinal released. and catherine heritage is reporting ts. the fbi espionage chief has been very cooperative with congressional investigators. the source says that struck played an even larger role than we thought initially in the clinton email probe andhe russian investigation. let's discuss all of this now with congressman ron desantis, democratic strategist richard goodstein and a former deputy
7:02 pm
assistant attorney general robert driscoll. gentlemen, it's great to see all of you. where do we begin, let's start with this immunity plea for mccabe. every time you hear someone connected with trump who might want immunity,ike, oh, my gosh, you want immunity, you must be guilty. ?hat's going on here ja comey stood tall and was a model leader and now he wants immunity because he knows he's jeopardy with his conduct over this investigation, both the clinton and the trump investigation. i would not give him immunity, i would make him go, if he's going to plead the fifth amendment then he should plead the fifth amendment but the idea that he should get some type of get out of jail free card for this is not something the american people will want to see. >> laura: richard? >> the president said in about mccabe, lied, lied, lied. he called his wife a loser, classic move.
7:03 pm
big -- >> we have very limited time, i want to keep us focused on the former deputy attorney general wanting immunity. if he had nothing to hide a company if he was a bore and had information to releaseo the medihy was he asking for immunity? >>hat' all i'm saying. when the president asked for the fifth amendment, please bring that back. >> laura: when is the ent for the fifth amendment? >> here's what i mean. have an president that issues pardons willy-nilly, mccabe would be out of his mind not to seek immunity when you have somebody who is at the top of the justice department. >> laura:rd come his own lawyer is saying he's concerned. >> he should b con when he has the president going after people like c this is a criminal referral, though that was made by the inspector general. the inspector generally the predicate for this. i get it that you don't like trump. profes inspector general,t thist
7:04 pm
he basically said he was prevaricating, to put kindly. robert, you can chime in, you have experienced, and he wants immunity. s a wild series of depmts that we have had with the former fbi deputy director. >> and smart move by his lawyer because if he gets immunity by judiciary than he prosecution by doj. so you'd rather have and embarrassment then due time. it's always a trade-off between transpar and justice when the congressional committees and doj are deciding whether or not to grant immunity.
7:05 pm
he knows and everyone will hear it. i think the chairman would have to weigh that against waiting to see what happens in the day-to-day prosecution which would take additional months. >> i think also, does he have evidence, there are at least some reports suggesting that he may have affirmative evidence. comey said he didn't authorize that so if he was producing something like that -- up c.ura backs before, when the trump conversation with comey at the white house, he basically said it, he basically said to me what he put in his memo at the file. >> on said he ap and he said he didn't approve it so they in direct disagreement about that. so this ig rep the president obviously very frustrated. again, i wouldn't be tweeting about why it was delayed but the president is goi to tweet. but on the issue of the i report, why do you think this is
7:06 pm
delayed? we keep hearing is going to be out every day. >> that's a problem, laura, we have a bureaucracy that is not accountable to everybody. so we had all these major problems and the democrats were kes a year and a half torepor conduct an invesonnot just -- yy trial, you need a speedy resolution. shows 500 pages, could that request for immunity have some relevance here in this delay in the inspector general report? >> i t people are over blowing e delay. when the report is done, everyone represents someone who has mened that report, th get to review it alone in a room and not take it with them and they have a week to get back with any comments to the ig who then decides whether or not to take them into account, or not. so the fact that two weeks after it's done is about on time -- i'd be concerned if it took
7:07 pm
another week or so but right about now is when it should be coming out, in my experience, from when the report is done to when you work through that process. this is the circumstance and there are lots of high-powered lawyers involved and making objections. >> laura: a lot of lawyers make a lot of money here. >> i want this to come out as soon as possible but i have different reasons. e i think we will hear what rudy giuliani was getting away of the southern district from fbi agents which allowed them to cally say bore itpened that the second comey letter was going to come out. second, i think we will see that he acted inappropriately but in ways that help the trump campaign. he sat on information about the russian investigation, and the trump campaign, and he was way out there in ways that broke the rules both in july and october i what he said about the hillary email investigation. so, i'm with you. i agree, i hope comes out tomorrow. >> >> laura: what do you guys
7:08 pm
think about this new text? it's a text between peter strzok and lisa page. now we learned this today because this was released as part of the 500 pages of text released by the senate today.he. it says, he will get our lures are approved, which is fbi lingo for spies. so the question tonight, with these spies potentially sent in to target the trump campaign going back to december of 2015? and if so, that could be fairly explosive, could it not, congressman? because comey said, this investigation began in july. that text, again, and we will learn and is not exactly where the senate is on this. but when you read that text, it certainly appears that they were looking to put more lures into
7:09 pm
the campaign in 2015. several people are reporting this tonight and we will learn more, i believe. but what do we tnk about that? why did they redact that word? it initially came out and it is like, oops, it says lures there. >> so the question is why would that have been rejected? i think this idea that cross fire hurricane started this on july 31st, clearly that's not true. you had comey, mccabe and lynch deciding not to brief trump in april when they were supposedly concerned about carter page. you had stefon halper reachin out to the campaign before that so this did not just start on the 31st of july. >> i think he has exposure as a result of that testimony. i don't think he was telling the truth there. >> so is there any way he wouldn't have known, if this is true, that it started earlier?
7:10 pm
perhapay? so he is like the head of counterintelligence and peter strzok west's numbe two. now he has basically said struck was basically the main guy in both the hillary and the russian collision investigation. obviously he wanted hillary as president and hated trump with a passion but, he traveled to london in may of 2 th was, again, two months before the cross fire hurricane started. >>oingree con element here. what's twisted about this is at the end of the day, struck drafted the comey letter before the election. he also said bad things about ernie, chelsea and holder, in addition to trump. the same things that marco rubio and ted cruz were saying dg the campaign. the fact is, fbi, when you look back, they helped trump by sitting sitting on information about him. >> the reason they put the
7:11 pm
letter out was to protect their own behind. struck wanted to protect his behind and comey's behind. but once he came out and gave the press conference, a kind of had to give the letter. >> >> laura: . we will learn more but they word lures. again, lingo for spies. fbi's don't use the word spies but they use that word. infoontiguous unidentified so, that acronym, and then lures was unredacted. so again you get all of our lures approved? i love the little smiley face. and you know, it goes on from there. >> i think the timeline is the mostamaging here because people are using a bureaucratic term when they say come investigation wasn't open. while that means nothing if there was investigative activity
7:12 pm
going on before the investigation was opened. so even the fbi said, some of these contacts from our informants/spies occurred leading up to the investigation. well, it's kind of like, did god create the earth? who created that, who created that? but some what he has to approve -- >> laura: remember this thing was supposed to have begun kind of sort of when that list of trump foreign policy advisors, national security advisors came out, carter page and george papadopoulos, their names were on it in the spring of 2016. but if this goes back to 2015 again, what were they worried about? i mean, struck -- they were petrified of trump. who knows, maybe they thought he was going to catch on. >> one of the pages in the text was, potus wants to know
7:13 pm
everything we are doing. >> can we just are never that we have had a whole segments on shows like this about the struck secret society come about struck lost emails? let's try to figure out exactly -- i agree we need to get to the bottom of thisra: i's aim, and i agree with you but those are technical acronyms that are used within the bureau. those aren't love messages between the two of them. i'm sure people are fascinated by those, but those are technical terms. so it se like, did you get approval for these lures? and, waiting for the answer. >> but there were no spies. there was one guy that made a couple of approaches to people that were targeted by cia and fbi. >> one hour people have come out with also stephen miller being invited to that same event. >> papadopoulos and then they reach out to sam clovis, and here's the thing. in "the new york times" and
7:14 pm
their big article, they said at least one person so there is the possibility that there was more than just stuff on the halter. >> so it looks like they were trying to get all of the ex-ascent nationalists. stephen miller is really a russian plant. but again, the timeline is is important because we don't have documents, do we? we don't have a lot of fbi documents from that time. before31st. that's why you are gradually getting the text. >> we heard from papadopoulos and others that the russi wereing to dirt on hillary, but not person in the trump campaign went to the u.s. authorities, not one. that's a fact. >> laura: do you think this papadopoulos -- this character accompanies trolling bars in london and going to trump tower and saying, i'm going to set up
7:15 pm
this. >> i think we have like, the deck of cards in iraq. all faces with every title. guys, fantastic as always. up next and the angle i will reveal the real reason that the democrats big midterm election dreams might be turning into kind of a nightmare. don't go away. and i can do it with what's already within me. because my body can still make its own insulin. and once-weekly trulicity activates my body to release it. trulicity is not insulin. it comes in a once-weekly, truly ea-to-use pen. it works 24/7. trulicity is an injection to improve blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes when used with diet and exercise. don't use it as the first medicine to treat diabet or if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. don't take trulicity if you or your family
7:16 pm
have medullary thyroid cancer, you're allergic to trulicity, or have multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2. stop trulicity and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, a lump or swelling in your neck, or severe stomach pain. serious side effects may includpancreatitis. taking trulicity with a sulfonylurean increases blood sugar risk. common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite. these can lead to dehydration, which may worsen kidney problems. i choose once-weekly trulicity to activate my within. if you need help lowering your a1c, ask your doctor about once-weekly trulicity.
7:17 pm
7:18 pm
: the headl houseman. that's the focus of tonight's angle. if you are wondering whether the democrats are on the verge of blowing what is traditionally a huge opportunity to pick up seats in the midterm election cycle, you might be onto something. normally the party in power loses seats in the cycle following an election. so democrats thought picking upg to be pretty easy. all they needed to do was to run against trump. nationalize the election, on th uswod be there. but now, they must confront or tryistract from trump's stellar economic record. now they are in a difficult spot because they have to convince voters to vote against their own pocket books this fall. that's a tough climb. but let's ask a few fundamental
7:19 pm
questions here. what is the future of the de pty and who will lead it? massachusetts democrat congressman seth moulton addressed the question on msnbc earlier today. >> who is the leader of the deic party? >> who is the leader of the democratic party? that's who she asked. >> does my silence say something? that's the challenge that we have right now, i don't think at people are looking at pelosi, all due respect to her, and saying here is the future of our party. >> so who is the future of the democratic party? he's on the stair. let me think, california senator kamala harris >> if you had to b stuck in a elevator with either president trump, or jeff sessions, who would it be? >> does one of us have to come
7:20 pm
oual >> what about new jersey senator cory booker? >> why is it so disturbing for me, why am i frankly seething with anger is to mark your assignments in your sia is complicity. ra he's very angry. what about massachusetts on her and her elizabeth warren? >> my aunt bea has walked by that picture at least a thousand times and it remarked that her father had a highekbones li os do. >> laura: or joe biden? yes, i said amtrak joe biden who is touring the country on a book tour. >> good to see you. god love you, what i'm i talking about? you cannot go to a 7-eleven or dunkin' donuts unless you have a
7:21 pm
sl iiaaccent. >> i wish you were in junior high so i could take him behind the gym. and punch him in the mouth. >> laura: ias in thear earlier and i screaming laughing with raymond. if you are in a bad mood, watch joe biden on ytube. we've been told that trump uses violent rhetoric, but biden is always ready to punch someone else. robert schwartz iseportedly mulling movnto politics. >> it concerns me that so many voices within the democratic i asked mow are we goingo the to pay for all these things in terms of things like single pay or people espousing the fact that the government will give everyone a job? i think we have to get away from start bout the truthods and a and not false promises. >> okay but there's only one
7:22 pm
problem for democrats. has been speaking truth and has beeneliverin real ps, as presint. now he is connected with the forgotten voters that the democrats now seek and he has better.y made their lives p's real clear politics approval rating averag at4.. unemnt lowest level in 17 years, and the rcp politics average on the direction of the country, that the country is going in, it is up to nearly 40% up from7% two yearsgo under obama. so all that's left for the democrats to prattle on about our all these side issue ab newcatn, irrelevant to the lives of most people. but do americans really care about whether a cabinet secretary bought a used mattress of the trump hotel? or whether jerry krishna got security clearance or the endless speculation about the whereabouts of the first lady after surgery? if you are like most people, you
7:23 pm
care about pocketbook issues. your safety, and your culture and decline all around you, and your children. all the things that trump is fearlyddressing and winning on. so the left gripes and moans about the only things they have left to them which is basically the all stuff. it's meant to distract the president and lurent their truth turks. they will need a plan if they are getting to the two big things that the democrats lack. a leader, and an agenda. and that's the ang les this with monica crowley, senior fellow at the london policy research, and chris hawn, former made to nator uck schumer. all rightis, i havet it because it'sour par and you will cry if you want to.
7:24 pm
go ahead. >> well look. we didn't know that donald trump would leave the republican party two and a half years ago, and look what happened. we never knew that barack obama would lead the democratic party in the midterms of 2006 and the democrats what the power in 2006. the republicans swept the power in 2010 with the tea party movement that had nothing to do with one individual republican and i truly believe that in this midterm election, you will see the democrats make great waves, not because of some big national leader that they pick but becaus individ running in races are going to show how the trump agenda is not doing what he promised. and also, remember this. a lot of people who support donald trump, even if they like hiright now, there'sood tage ofeople who still don't trust him and want to see congress that will put a proper check on him and that's what they will vote for in november. >> laura: and frank? >> your introduction is a best one that i have seen. you doven need u
7:25 pm
number one, nancy pelosi is the most unpopular don't politician today. number two, the democrats can't point to anything they've ally de. anber tee come upith the economy as strong as it is, i'm surprised you talk about the tax cuts because with every month people realize they are keeping more money in their pockets. when you give them three reasons to vote republican, all the g.o.p. has to do is two things. one is getting a vote on speaker before electio do rce the democrats action in the second is, one more piece of legislation such as a job requirement for food stamps. that's a kind of thing that makes a differ >> monica, this is doug schon, and he worked tirelessly. right after that 94 a new gingrich historic win, and he said this last night. >> let me itluntly. the democratic partyn civil war between the moderates a shrinking group that i speak for and represe mwn way,
7:26 pm
and the use urging progressives who represent basically socialism and a series of polies outcomes rather than opportunities. >> laura: i mean, is that fair? robert schultz sounded kind of moderate and that sound bite, he said we can't keep spending money we don'tav ande sounded more like bill kly thene cory booke or elizabeth warren. >> if howard schultz decides to run the company will get run over like a mack truck because the broader ophthalmic democratic party is barack obama's party. askbohetic party having any natural leaders, given that bill clinton just blew himself up and mrs. clinton is still whining, why me? the de facto leader remains barack obama. it is his ideology that is guiding this party and anybody who wants to have any success in the party has got to be a member
7:27 pm
of the radical left. that doe not translate into widespread electoral success in this country. obama was the exception toru. he w anraordinary candidate and what we have seen since then is that that coalition that he put together, the one that one for him in 2008 and again in 12 was unique to him. mrs. clinton couldn't recreate it and certainly nobodye on e democrac side could. >> laura: they have the gun-control kids that are out there, they are going on and they say have energy and. mojo and they are turning out to vo chris matthews made some interesting comments about creeping elitism in your party. let's watch. >> a true democrat, lowercase d, thinks they know bte than anyone else. and they start to think of themselves as one of them, instead of being better than them. but let's get back to the party of the people. and they are not there yet.
7:28 pm
there are too many elitism's. it's so outrageous. >> that's the old bubble of, the late tom wolf said america is in the middle, the coast of the parentheses. an ihink he knows what he' talking about. >> i think you could find that in any party, and everything that doug schoen said i could show you a clip from 2010 that says the same thing about the republican part party. >> right, that's why we have donald trump and his historic victory. >> we have the situations where, there is an insurgent's coming on right there in the democratic party. it slightly to the left of where it's been and that will have to bring a lot of energyit it and it will sweep the power. we will have our own will legal marts get elected that year and people will say, how is that person a congressperson.
7:29 pm
but watch it, it will happen. >> i say the people in montana that were supposed to stand up and be this big moderate force, they are not the cool crowd in the democrat party. they're kind of like the ugly stepchildren of the democrat party. that's my sense, but you are out there polling. >> i will give you specifics. joe kennedy, he is a whole generation younger than nancy pelosi. what would happen if they put him up as a leader, or joe crowley from new york? but democrats have a whole generation that are waiting tocg up and that's a big mistake for them. on the senate side,raa signi oto pick up as many as three or fo seats and they are not going to this time. i actually think that now if you look at the generic numbers, the republicans are in a better position today than they have been in any time in the last 11 months. but i will tell you that the g.o.p. is putting together the ingredients for that success but what they better not do is they ot div themselves and
7:30 pm
to better focus on the economy. >> but look -- i know what you are about to say. >> yes, mitch mcconnell on the recess. monica has to get a word in here. but canceling the august recess, i've been begging them to do this for months and months. monica, that's exactly -- we are doing the people's business so they can do whatever they are going to do. >> yes and i think he made absolutely the right moves today and i hope and pray that they follow through on it and actually do work throughugt. you will recall laura that last year senator mcconnell made the same move and said it, we are going to work for two weeks through august. they didn't even last through the first thursday of the first week. so i hope that they mean what they say on this and that they will be there and they will confirm the president's nominees and get the spending bill through. >> they are staying but they are not staying just to confirm,
7:31 pm
they are staying to watch the president. they are very concerned about what the president may or may not do >> that's not it at all. >> i think that if your job is to make stuff up, make up something believable. >> mcconnell will be on our show exclusively tomorrow night so we will talk about all of this. it could be an amnesty deal in the making, who knows. stay right there, fantastic panel, all of you. have some other breaking news now on bill clinton in just a moment when gennifer flowers joins me for her first interview in six years. wait until you hear what she isc now ready to reveal next. but then something happened. had to deal with spam fake a data misuse. that's going to change. from now on, facebook will do more to keep you safe and protect your privacy.
7:32 pm
because when this place does what it was built for, then we all get a little closer.
7:33 pm
7:34 pm
you wouldn't accept from any one else. why accept it from your allergy pills? including nasal congestion, your worst symptoms which most pills don't. flonase helps block 6 key inflammatory substances. most pills only block one. flonase. >> laura: bill clinton is stumbling as he tries to explain his past in the me to era "me . he insists tt he does not owe monica lewinsky an apology.
7:35 pm
he was flustered again last night when claiming he doesn't owe her a face-to-face apology. >> i apologize to my family, to monicasky and her family and to the american people foel of ministers in the white house, wch was widely reported. >> i can barely hear him anymore. tonight, he will have something else to explain because gennifer flowers has a shocking revelation and it joins us now for an exclusive interview. her first in six years. jennifer, it' gre you. i know this must have been wild for you to watch this over the last few days, all over again. first, your initial reaction to watching him. he clearly had the body language, arms crossed, and he was very angry that this reporter asked him kind of some fairly logical questions i would imagine.
7:36 pm
>> right. while my first impression was he is not as good of a liar as he is to be, or not on his game where that is concerned. and i am advocating that bill be prosecuted for his sex crimes just like harvey weinstein been arrested and bill cosby is about to be sentenced. why not a bill clinton? he's nervous. that's why he is acting that way, and probably has some health problems and it has affected his ability to respond as well as he used to and tell lies as good as he is two. >> laura: if you are a young woman, 27 years old when he first got involved with him. he was married and that you were not, and you sed having this relationship. at some point, you have now decided that it became a nonconsensual harassment relationship, which doesn't really comport with how you were originally classified this.
7:37 pm
so now how are you all these years later claiming that it w nonconsensual at some point? >> it's very interesting because back in 1977 when i met bill, we didn't have the laws to protect us. we as women, i was in the workplace of a man's world and i had to do the best that i could. when i first met bill clinton it was when i was sent out ony first sty by myself after my training with my camera man. he came out on to me that night, i told him to knock it off. he proceeded to continue to come onto me for three months before i decided that i wanted to have a relationship with him, which at that point was consensual. in tod standards, and in hindsight, it was definitely sexual harassment. i was a little bit ashamed to admit that because in a way, i felt guilty because i was a willing participant, at a point. so i felt guilty about saying
7:38 pm
that i was sexually harassed in the beginning. but it definitely was, absolutely. and then -- >> laura: when he is they want him prosecuted -- >> why not? >> laura: for sexual harassment, that's acil . r crimin prosecution -- >> he juanita. i've met her, she's a beautiful person. like hillary i wanted to be in denial, i wanted deny these things coupese i felt like that wasn't the person that i had known. but when i met her the first time and realize that she was a very genuine person and had no reason to lie about that, i had to come to terms with the fact that he was very capable and it did do that. why shouldn't he be prosecuted for rate as bill cosby has, and
7:39 pm
harvey weinste? why shouldn't he be? why don't they arrest hillary as a she she hasllee person that has let him go. and be the enabler that has let him go and do what he has done to women. >> laura: by the way, we reached out to the clinton foundation come to bill clinton's personal attorney david kendall about this story and about your new allegations, and we not get a response, so we did attempt to do that. >> of course not. >> laura: i want to play a snippet from bill clinton, this was also from the new york event last night. let's watch. >> i support the "me too" movement, and i think it's long overdue. i've always tried to is
7:40 pm
supported in the policies i've advanced. >> laura: while he says he generally supports the movement, ge, and wants people to believe him at this point. >> that's the fourth biggest lie, and you know some of what the others are. he would say thaf course. what would he say that but that he was a in support of it. i would like for the "me too" movement to recognize myself and paula and wanita and other women that many, many years ago have come up with claims of sexual harassment by bill clinton. we are the "me not" movement is
7:41 pm
what we are. >> laura: why do you say that? 's before they get away with things and this is just another instance of that. he hasn't en hd accountable. >> laura: i think the "me too" vement,ots of good stuff going on but sadly a lot of it is politicized. kind of like wanting a broad record, they don't count. people like kathleen willey, they don't count. how are you doing, by the way, how are you doing after all these years? you look great, by the way. >> gennifer: thank you, and god bless you. i love you by the way. i'm doing fine, i'm doing a reboot of my book. i lost my mother in july of last year, so that has been a huge thing tovercome. but i'm doing good, thanks for asking. and thanks for having me.
7:42 pm
>> laura: absolutely, gennifer. we appreciate your perspective. the clintons never seem to go away, and we do appreciate it. president trump reminded the nation today why we stand for the national anthem. when we come back, the real story behind the canceled eagles white house visit. d car search t the all-new carfax.com. this is not just a yard. it's where memories are made. and you have the best seat in the house. the john deere x350 select series with the exclusive mulchcontrol™ system. nothing runs like a deere™
7:43 pm
7:44 pm
7:45 pm
>> laura: and president trump celebrated america instead of the super bowl champions at the white house today. the president disinvited the philadelphia eagles after learning that only a few players plan to attend. >> president trump: we stand to honor our military and honor our country and remember the fallen heroes who never made it back home. we stand together for freedom, we stand together for patriotism and that we proudly for our glorious nation, under god. >> laura: we should note that fox is reporting that no eagles kneeled during the protest during the national anthem last year, although some did raise their fis. but today we did learn about a new timeline that suggests the eagles may have been trying to set the president up here. well fox news chief correspondent john roberts discovered the eagles appeared to be playing games of the administration. they learned of the eagles originally submitted more than
7:46 pm
70 neso attend the event, mostly players. yesterday they said only two or three people and the mascot in the costume would attend. the eagles even reschedule for next week when e whole world knew the president is going to be in singapore. let's debate what's going on here with former g.o.p. presidential candidate herman cain and civil rights attorney and a talk radio leo terrel. all right, herman, the eagles did not kneel during the national anthem, which i think is a great thing. they did not kneel, a lot of them don't like president trump obviously but my view is, they should have just come to the white house. you don't have to like everything president trump does. fans love to see you at the white house, it's a fun event and it's not political. your reaction? >> my reaction is, they were trying to embarrass the president. everybody in the world knew that next week was focused on the
7:47 pm
summit between the usa and north korea. to ask the president to reschedule is an oxymoron. the man is a little bit busy trying to run the country, trying to settle international my opinion was to try and embarrass the president. i have been invited to the white house several times. each time i go. if you are invited, you go or you don't go. you don't say, could you take a rain check? that does not work. >> laura: right, it's not on your schedule. >> you change your schedule. he is the president of the united states and i happen to believe that they were trying to embarrass the president. he said, you are not going to embarrass me. you are uninvited and he had every right to do that because he is the head of the house for the united states of america. >> that sounds pretty reasonable.
7:48 pm
i mean president obama -- i think of an entire team, basically an entire team did the same little thing was president obama, little trick carew , it's classless. and then it's like, oh yea, they are going. >> hears the following fact. jerry jones, sworn deposition. state very clearly that donald trump told him, this is the issue that he can't lose. he is using this flag issue to hijack the midterm election. you said earlier inr broadcast, donald trump talked about pocketbk issues. this is an issue, he is playing the american public on. there is no question about it, thisssue is about racial injustice. why is he spending time worrying about the nfl? i will tell you why because, it resonates with people because he
7:49 pm
hijacked this issue. ask jerry jones. for him to single out the philadelphia eagles who never kneeled during the regular season is outrageous. more importantly, they are not going to the white house for a simple reason. they don't like the president. they have that right. >> laura: classless. leo, let's say, if you did it to president ama, i'd say the same thing. when the president of the united states invites an entire national -- not regional, national championship team to the white house, you do what nick sabin did with abama, the crimson tide act. roll tide. the whole team goes, they stand and they are polite. they shake the president's hand. that's what you do. so i think a l of these players are great guys, but this was classless. >> .
7:50 pm
there you go. >> mr. kane -- it's my turn, he. >> know it'sot, i have not finished. >> he is a president but not a dictator. >> you are taking what i said --
7:51 pm
>> laura: all right guys, this is fascinating but we have to get to miss america. i have to be the time dictator. i love you both. miss america isext. bor. are you watching the game tonight? or... ...you could just trust duracell. ♪
7:52 pm
7:53 pm
7:54 pm
>> okay, the miss america beauty pageant will no longer be a beauty pageant. it will be a competition. the organization anned today in a statement, we are no longer a pageant. miss america will represent a new generation of female leaders focused on scholarship, social impact, talent and empowerment. but this competition will not include the swimsuit competition with the organization stating," will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance. well, let's debate this. medicine, a former miss ohio in the miss usa pageant. this is wild because, if, madison, outward appearance h whole thing, then why don't you just do it like, on the radio? i host a radio show and a color made a comment today. i was screaming laughing. i was thinking, you don't have to do the makeup or theyou coul.
7:55 pm
>> they are exactly right, i'm not impressed with what miss america organization has decided to do. when you look at the definition of pageant, it is a contest. of course outer beauty is not the same as in her beauty but it doesn't mean that outer beauty should not exist. women should be able to express selves, have a positive body image and to show off their physical fitness. there is literally nothing left. evening gown can be anything you want. it can bt. so, i didn't know that itas in the 90s that -- it was when the bikini started so it was like 97 i tnk they started doing the pekingese, which you know, by men like it but it is a little much on the bikini. but the one piece, i thought that was pretty dignified
7:56 pm
and also and attractive. but, this, is it the "me too" thing, like don't hate us? >> i can't even keepith the feminiart. the first thing everything was women should be empowered and be able to wear whatever they want and now they are saying women shouldn't be a wear whatever they want. i can't keep up, it's ridiculous and totally off base. i don't think they are making a positivempact the "me too" movement. >> and they are casting aspersions on people like you. now you were miss ohio, and you just took the bar, pass the bar, congratulations. so many people in these pageants and competitions go on to do are professional moms or doctors, lawyers. t because you are attracoeou also don't have all these other things you want to do life.
7:57 pm
>> exact. it should never be mutually exclusive and that's i think what they are trying to make it. >> is there a real rivalry between them miss america people and the usaple? >> joke has always been come miss america is the next door ms usas the girl you wish and lived next door. ll i hav to say on that, so there is definitely a rivalry here. because y will be a huge success, it's great to have you on. we will be right back.
7:58 pm
7:59 pm
8:00 pm
>> laura: come on, i bet you didn't know there was a rivalry between miss usa and miss america. you t all we cared about -- about -- because that is all the time we have. shannon bream is up next. have a good night. ♪ >> shannon: this is a fox news alert. we are getting results, right now, from the state primaries. paul's closing and california jungle primary and what happens tonight could be a sign of what's to come for the midterm election. plus, i.c.e.'s acting director morning a clean fix for the dreamers will bring a new wave of illegal immigration. thomas homan speaking out as a number of signatures on a petition. religious liberty versus lgbt rights, the unanswered questions the supreme court left in a narrow decision yesterday. washington florist joins us live, her case is up next for supreme court c

24 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on