Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  June 8, 2018 9:00pm-10:00pm PDT

9:00 pm
>> tucker: welcome to "tucker carlson tonight," you think house of cards is a tv show, sort of, also kind of real as it turns out. today the fbi brought charges against a former director of security for the senate intelligence committee, the man wolfe. he was in charge of handling information as it passed from the executive branch to the congress. he had access to huge amounts of highly classified information including intelligence documents. a job like that requires unimpeachable integrity, he is accused of leaking classified material to several reporters and then lying about it to the
9:01 pm
fbi and gets weirder from there. allegedly he passed information to a college student called allie watkins, she went on to become a reporter in several media outlets including politico, buzzfeed, and "the new york times." he admitted having a relationship that went on for three years, watkins has denied that wolf will separate source for her stories but text messages strongly suggest otherwise. here's one. i always tried to give you as much information so you could get that scoop before anyone else. i felt like i was part of your excitement and was always very supportive of your career and the tenacity you exhibited to chase down a good story. it goes on like this. it's pretty sad and a little creepy, i felt like i was part of your excitement? you imagine these guys are sinister, turns out they're mostly just pathetic. there are too. the russia hoax didn't exist,
9:02 pm
corrupt bureaucrats when to be misusing their power which they are. it's hard to feel too much sympathy for this guy. the feds are once again prosecuting somebody whose sole alleged crime is lying to the feds. it would be nice if our government went after people for real crimes, it might make you feel better about the system. the doj also seized phone and email records from a reporter about this case and broke into the encrypted text exchanges, i didn't know that was possible turns out it is. it looks a lot like what the obama people used to do. it was worrisome then and it's worrisome now, when the government spies on american citizens it is always a big deal whether those citizens are "new york times" reporters or trumped campaign staffers it doesn't matter. there had better be a very good reason for spying on americans. the media don't recognize this they only care if someone shares their politics. as far as they are concerned
9:03 pm
conservatives who are wiretapped because they are conservative. the press wouldn't know a principal if it got in the shower with them but the point remains. dan bongino joined us tonight, since i know you follow this story, put this in context for us. how does this wolfe character fit into the larger story? >> the name of carter page, he was relatively anonymous in this scheme. carter page had assisted the fbi in a prior case where they locked up a russian spy, the name was relatively unknown at that point. wolfe is the one who leaks the existence of the name to ali watkin's who then writes this story. this is where it gets ugly. this is why the press has zero credibility in this at all.
9:04 pm
this was used over and over again. this is the circle of lies and deceit we see. i agree with you, your opening statement is spot on. i have a libertarian spine i don't care who was in office i am always concerned about the freedom of the press. period. what i find hypocritical is the phonies complaining now about a government overreach while you bend dead silent on spying, on the prosecution of mike flynn, give me a break. you forfeited your voice to talk a long time ago. >> tucker: it wasn't spying, remember that when a paid government informant gathered information secretly on three separate trump campaign officials and send it back to the government, that was the fbi doing its duty.
9:05 pm
>> i watched your interview with eric swalwell the congressman from california when you mentioned a spying he said something that was true to you. he's not here to defend himself but he said we only spy on the bad guys, he was right! trump was the enemy, this is the new liberal police mind-set. trump is the enemy, not the chinese, not the russians the real enemy was donald trump. he was absolutely right, this is the new liberal mind-set, he is the bad guy. as long as you're spying on conservatives it's okay and we will play the euphemism. he was an informant, he was a spy and everybody knows that. >> tucker: we used to have trials that helped us understand who was the bad guy. people were accused of things but now the accusation is itself considered proof of guilt. when did that happen?
9:06 pm
>> i'm glad you brought this up, this is what frequently gets lost. wolf is related to this quarter page story, but remember he is the entry point for the signals intelligence buying operation, the interception of emails and texts into the trump team. tucker, nobody to this day has provided a scintilla of evidence that there was probable cause of the two things they needed to spy on carter page. that he was acting as a foreign agent and a secondly in of u.s. law. nobody has shown that, he is out doing cable interviews probably tonight somewhere. this is nonsense! >> tucker: if carter page was guilty, why hasn't carter page been charged? you just pointed out, his behavior was the pretext for this entire story so doesn't that tell you something that he hasn't been credibly accused of a crime?
9:07 pm
>> the fbi and department of justice walked into a foreign intelligence surveillance court, the star chamber, right? used to prosecute the worst among us, terrorists, the worst savages on the planet. they bring carter page in there to spy on him, you're right. he is out walking around right now, i know of no controls on his behavior at all. the answer is because there's probably no indications of criminal behavior at all and they desperately want to that angle of it to go away. >> tucker: once you talk to him, he was never a russian agent or an agent of anybody. i'm not sure what he does for a living, it's pathetic. it's great to see you. ethan bearman is a california radio show host, thanks for coming in. are you bothered -- and i set out in the open, i'm bothered whenever americans are spied
9:08 pm
upon by their government, sometimes it has to be done. there ought to be a really good reason, the press has been saying that today, why haven't they been saying that about spying on the members of the trump campaign? >> there was suspicion in the first place, i was always worried when the government is intruding on our individual freedoms, won the right to privacy is relatively new, 1967 is when the supreme court ruled on that, it's not on the constitution. here we have the russians are trying to interfere in our campaign, we know that. we have 20 people who have been charged with crimes in the mueller investigation so far, carter page hasn't been charged yet but the investigation isn't over. >> tucker: but does it bother you -- this is not on opinion, it is a fact from the information we have at hand that carter page was the first link in a very long chain of the russia hoax? his purported collaboration with
9:09 pm
the putin government, that started everything. does it bother you he's walking around doing cable shows including this one? >> yes, on one hand if they had the evidence but as we know from investigation, sometimes investigations start and you're down one thread. maybe the carter page thread went to a dead end. >> tucker: you're right of course but the carter page thread allow the spying on a rival political campaign, it's got to be a high bar for doing that. you never want to do that because it would shake americans faith in their government. his behavior was the pretext for that and he's still free. as a civil libertarian you've got to think maybe they made a really big mistake in basing the spying on carter page because they haven't charged him. >> sam and tina say we had the george papadopoulos situation. >> tucker: they haven't charged him either, they charged him for lying. >> that's the easy way out. where prosecutors take the easy
9:10 pm
way out, it's easier to prove that -- >> tucker: i'm not partisan on this question it would be easy for meat to say this guy should go to prison for lying and maybe he should. i'm bothered as an american about all these people going back to martha stewart are charged not with the crime that undergirded the investigation but on the basis of some conversation they had with federal agents. that's not fair play in the end. papadopoulos has not been credibly accused of betraying this country. where is the crime, where is the real crime? that's a fair question. >> we have russia attacking the united states. >> tucker: that's not the crime the people who are spied upon committed. >> it's additional charges again because he immediately was using unencrypted messaging system we have to assume it's something like what's app, and immediately
9:11 pm
trying to get people to lie to the investigation. >> tucker: i'm not defending obstruction of justice at all. that is a crime subsequent to the original charge. what you still lack in this whole thing and it should start to bother all of us on principle is any evidence that the underlying charge was true. nobody has been charged for collaborating with russia for hacking our democracy. all of that stuff turns out to be crap. >> there's a difference between provable in a court of law on suspicion that something is going on. there's a sufficient because of his bragging about his time in moscow, i think there's a lot of their it maybe it hasn't been. >> tucker: this is not a cable news debate, this is a law enforcement investigation and the end result ought to be an indictment if there was a crime, indicts the person for it, prove it. you can't besmirch someone's reputation and make it impossible for him to work again
9:12 pm
without proving that he committed a crime. they haven't, they aren't even trying. how dare they do that to an american citizen, do you feel that way? >> we need to wait for the molar investigation to conclude. fisa courts are relatively secretive, we can have the civil libertarian debate over how secretive they should be. we don't know exactly what happened in the fisa court because it secretive. >> tucker: do you think that carter page from what we know and we know a lot because it's been leaked -- do you think he did anything that she would land him in jail that should destroy his life? this has destroyed his life i think that's fair. >> i think if anybody is doing something to undermine the integrity of the united states election who wants to interfere in our election whether the foreign power succeeded or not absolutely should not. >> tucker: i'm talking specifically about carter page was life has been destroyed if you think he deserves to go through what he's been going
9:13 pm
through right now? >> if he's participating in attempting to commit that crime. >> tucker: don't you think we all will him a big apology, maybe you and monica lewinsky can go to dinner. >> or the no longer with us richard jewell. >> tucker: i couldn't agree more. >> i hope someone is honorable enough to apologize to the people who we've destroyed and then discarded and he would be on that list along with richard jewell and monica lewinsky and gary condit and a bunch of other people whose lives were destroyed by a reckless and stupid media establishment. >> i don't think this is entirely reckless. >> tucker: he better turn out to be putin's best friend or i'm going to bad about this. the mayor of philadelphia danced for joy after a federal court said it was fine for him to ignore the nation's immigration laws and allow alien criminals to live in the city. they solved all the other problems in philadelphia and to
9:14 pm
make it even better they're going to bring in some illegal alien criminals. we'll unpack that next. ♪ we know that sometimes an earthworm is a man's best friend. we know the great outdoors. we love the great outdoors. get started fishing during the gone fishing event at bass pro shops and cabela's. with free kids fishing at our catch-and-release pond. and great deals on great gifts for dad! like flag t-shirts for only $5. and an igloo 120 quart cooler for under $50. bass pro shops and cabela's. you totanobody's hurt, new car. but there will still be pain. it comes when your insurance company says they'll only pay three-quarters of what it takes to replace it. what are you supposed to do? drive three-quarters of a car? now if you had liberty mutual new car replacement™, you'd get your whole car back.
9:15 pm
i guess they don't want you driving around on three wheels. smart. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. with expedia, you can book a flight, hotel, car, and activity... all in one place. ♪ everything you need to go. ♪ expedia® you wouldn't accept from any one else. why accept it from your allergy pills?
9:16 pm
flonase relieves your worst symptoms including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. flonase helps block 6 key inflammatory substances. most pills only block one. flonase.
9:17 pm
♪ >> tucker: a federal court set up a roadblock to come in since yesterday ruling that the administration could not cut off certain federal funds to the city of philadelphia in response to its sanctuary city policy, the ones that protect criminal aliens. in response to this news the mayor of philadelphia broke into a celebratory dance which we are going to torture you with right now, watch.
9:18 pm
>> we are a sanctuary city! >> we are a sanctuary city! >> tucker: democrats dancing about the idea of former foreis committing crimes. i don't know if you've been to philadelphia recently, i don't want to beat up on philadelphia there's a lot good about them, industry died, massive homelessness, huge crime proble problem. here you have the mayor more excited not about fixing the schools or keeping his own citizens safe but allowing criminals from other countries, foreign citizens to live in his city. it seems likety a weird polarit, what do you think? >> residence of undocumented migrants isn't a criminal act of
9:19 pm
the civil violation. maybe he's excited they won't be sending resources. >> tucker: they aren't spending resources on it but there's a lot of ways to look at this, i'm speaking specifically of the philadelphia policy that protects criminal aliens, aliens are all breaking the law by their presence if they are here illegally. people who commit felonies are being protected by the city of philadelphia, why is. it not in the interest of philadelphia -- >> i know that human beings -- i know you call them aliens, i would like to re-humanize them. human beings whether they are citizens or noncitizens commit crimes. the question is why are we spending resources on one group of people and the reason we are doing that is based primarily on fear and bigotry that's ginneded up sometimes, sometimes from folks like you. >> tucker: it's funny, have you looked at the polling among african-americans on illegal immigration, the people you say represent? have youre looked at the effectn
9:20 pm
their wages by thehe presence of millions of -- 20 millions illegal aliens in this country? it pushes the wages down who are you representing? >> if you look at the data, sanctuary cities are safer than nonsanctuary cities. >> tucker: that's silly. >> they have better economics than sanctuary cities. >> tucker: that's totally false, i do this for a living i'm very familiar with the data as you put it and that's simply not true. let me ask you this question. at some point, does it matter to a politician whose job it is who's sworn duty it is to represent the citizens of his districtct or state whether or t someone is a citizen? these are foreign nationals, citizens of another country, does that matter? >> new york city has a lot of tourists i believe my job is to represent all of the people who are in my city and in my state at any givenan time. i know you're a public safety person, my question is why would we not view this from a public safety point of view.
9:21 pm
>> tucker: sanctuary cities are not safer, that's one of manyd. statistics the left thros around. >> we should give them driver's license. >> tucker: you'll make it much better. is there a difference between a u.s. citizen and a citizen of a foreign country. >> yes, you just set it up at both of them are human beings. the question is if we took all the law enforcement agents and said we want you to focus on the streets that have two cars on it that have parked wrong, that's a civil violation. whyy would we do that? there is no reason to doha it, zero civil violations. the reason why we focus on citizens from s-hole countries and not norway is because of bigotry. >> tucker: there is a pullout that says far more
9:22 pm
african-americans think immigration has made their lives worse than lives better. >> the lieutenant governor of the state agrees with you. >> tucker: i'm not asking that, are those people racist? the current government does policy by polls, i don't come i do policy by what's right. >> tucker: what you're doing is what many on the left do is go to motive, and save these concernsns grow out of bigotry. let me ask you about the motives. what do you think of that? >> you shouldn't talk about motives when were talking about the policy is what you'ren saying? >> tucker: you're the one who it up. he said people support this because they are bigots and my question was a brand-new poll came out that showed far more african-americans every ethnic group, i'm just picking one are against immigration there are for it. >> i don't think it's against immigration.
9:23 pm
>> tucker: it's made their lives worse. >> no it hasn't. most atrocities in this world are based on some sort of law that separates people out. >> tucker: you guys are so high on this ideology. >> when you call them animals, you call them from s-hole countries, that is dehumanization . >> tucker: even to resurrect these arguments they're so dumb i can barely stand it. let me bring you into the present, this is the daily news cover for tomorrow. the biggest tabloid in new york, disgrace to our country it's a defenseab of a criminal alien wo has been on the llama for eight years. at the bottom it says i don't know if you can read it how city and state can unite against ice. do you think it's the place of democrats to encourage open attacks on the federal law enforcement agencies? >> some democrats have been part of the problem. the person i was running against
9:24 pm
agrees with you on some of thesa issues. thecrats have been part of problem in stoking some of the fear. what i'm saying to you is we have to view these people as human beings and figure out why we are so focused on this one group of people. >> tucker: their presence lowers wages for poor people, supply and demand is a real thing. it's been shown again and again. >> pablo whose delivering a pizza in that article you spoke about, had he had a driver's license he would still be here. >> tucker: this is insane, and if you guys ever in power were in trouble. >> you've had success in ginning up fear. >> tucker: you're too cowardly to saye it out loud. >> my parents are immigrants, i'm a son of immigrants as a matter of fact. >> tucker: running for lieutenant governor of new york, god help that state.
9:25 pm
>> god bless it. >> tucker: god bless that state, i agree with that too. president trump shaking of the g7 b ahead of this so much, what are the diplomatic implications of this? why is everyone pushing him to hate russia? what do we get out of hitting russia? that's next
9:26 pm
9:27 pm
9:28 pm
>> tucker: president trump making news ahead of saturday's g7 summit in france, he's battled with canada's justin
9:29 pm
trudeau and the president of france emmanuelue macron over trade restrictions, he's announced plans to leave the summitit early to get to singape for his meeting with kim jong ie in. now he says he wants to reinstate russia arguing it is better to have them at the negotiating table rather than away from it. this is causing all of the howling you would expect from the usual washington people. david diff ory advised obama's campaign. >> it's a strange platform for trump to make this comment, he's gotten in arguments and squabbles with a trickle of our closest allies, his one statement of support is for russia who was not there. also of interest, he didn't say why he wants russia to be there, is there some trade deal he wants to do with the other g7 countries? >> tucker: i haven't spoken
9:30 pm
with this but here's a guess, we aress fighting a war with russia in syria, we've killed hundreds of russians in syria. you could very easily see a war breaking out there, you could see a war breaking out over ukraine, he could see it in georgia, we are as close to conflict with russia as we've been in a long time. why wouldn't you want to diffuse at a little bit? is there an advantage to going to war with them? >> you have to remember why was russia kicked out of the g8 in the fourth place in 2014? it annexed crimea, its continuingng that effort by supporting ability war in eastern ukraine. that was a punishment, trump is suggested taking away that punishment. >> tucker: if the point is to make a moral statement about how putin isut bad, worse than stal, liberals defended stalin for in
9:31 pm
40 years and now putin is worse than him somehow --n we've made the statement, why wouldn't you want to to do everything you cd to defuse conflict with a nuclear armed russia? liberals want conflict with them, why? >> there hasas to be a carrot ad stick approach. punishing russia was kicking them out of the g8. it's also putting sanctions in place. we do have sanctions on them but trump got dragged kicking and screaming into doing sanctions he didn't want to do it, republicans in congress wanted to do it, democrats in congress wanted to do it, people are in own administration -- -- >> tucker: i don't know why, i think it's idiotic. why is russia a greater or more imminent threat to western mexico, are they killing tens of thousands of americans with fentanyl, are they flooding the country of 20 million illegal aliens? why are they a bigger threat to us? >> because they're trying to interfere with our democracy, going back to the january
9:32 pm
january 2017 -- >> tucker: mexico is encouraging people to invade our country and a lot of them are trying to vote. now people are saying they need to be naturalized and allowed to vote, nothing affects democracy where the demographic change, russia is still a bigger threat because why? >> because there's people who come from mexico, some of the illegal immigration is a threat to the u.s. the drug cartels are a threat. the mexican government isn't a threat. the mexican government's policies aren't a threat. putin who is an authoritarian dictator who is doing everything he can to stop american influence around the world to stop american support for democracies around the world and to protect our own democracy, he's a threat to all ofcy those things it used to be all americans agreed that was importantt. >> tucker: i repeated attempts to do so didn't work and resulted in the
9:33 pm
rise of isis, people are rethinking that. since russia is the most evil place ever and putin is lord satan himself, what do you make of the fact that alex ovechkin a hero in washington won the stanley cup for the caps last night, you were at the game. he's a friend of putin's and a promoter of putin's in the united states, should we put him in jail? should we incarcerate him? >> of course we should not incarcerate him. i was lucky enough to be at the game, it was amazing, that's an incredibly tough place for an opponent to play in the biggest stadium, the capitals did it. >> tucker: may be the russians the game. >> ovechkin is a big part of it, he scored a goal in the second period which was magnificent, he deserves credit for that. he has a friendship with putin going back ten years. >> tucker: does that mean he should be in jail? >> it doesn't mean he should be in jail, he's not interfering in our election. he is winning the stanley cup.
9:34 pm
>> tucker: i could care less if he is friends with. >> it's okay if he's friends with putin, here in america we love him for his contributions to america. >> tucker: david, a hardened caps fan. the campaign against global warming seems to have gone bust, it is not thatis anymore. detailing how the movement has been hijacked by obsession with race and gender, worries about carbon and rising sea levels have turned into speeches about fighting misogyny and climate justice whatever that is. steven hayward joins us to explain. thanks for coming on. >> isn't it amazing how everything gets reduced to race and justice these days? >> it's especially amazing when topics that have no conceivable
9:35 pm
connection to race and gender get pulled in, how did that happen? >> the whole point of the article was simple, most issues go through these long cycles lots of early interest the press gets onto it, a flurry of political activity at some policies are made. then we start havinge consideration trade-offs, that's beenad going on with global warming for several years now. it's expensive to do what a lot of the climatistas want us to do. now you're saying more expression that we need to consider gender equality and climate justice, that's a sign that the issue has as the cliche goes jumped the shark. it's kind of at the end of its strength. public opinion surveys here ended europe show declining public interest in the darn thing. >> tucker: it's a boutique issue for rich people but it's also a little confusing. even if you think climate justice is real or if you can explain what it is our you think gender equality is an important
9:36 pm
part of this, what does that have to do with science? that's not science, is it? >> not at all, that's one of the things i said in the article. i'm not questioning any of the consensus about climate science, i'm saying is a political and policy matter it's run its course.er you ought to see my twitter feed to blowup yesterday and today. apparently it's not enough to call someone a climate denier anymore when use dissent from climate orthodoxy, i'm getting called a white male supremacist which is a good sign that you've run out of arguments about the issueha itself. >> tucker: that doesn't approach being an argument, it's a primal scream. you are at berkeley how are you a lot to say this at berkeley what were you doing there? good for you for being there by theei way. >> i'm like that civil war era general who said i like to fight surrounded. two things that you and your audience should know and be encouraged by, one is that we
9:37 pm
are to make a distinction and alln universities these days between old-fashioned liberals who dominate universities for decades, that's not a new story but increasingly the universities are being dominated by a much more radical progressivee left that as we knw often turns to violence a lot of old-fashioned liberalsls understand this is a crisis. a lot of them are starting to say i think you want to give props to the administration and many academics who said we have a problem and we need to have some more conservative voices on our faculty, they reached out to me a couple years ago and invited me to come and i'm glad to be there i'm having a great time. i get along with most of the liberals on the campus just fine and the radicals won't engage me at all. >> tucker: i think that's important to make the distinction. if liberalism is a concern to civil liberties, commitment to free speech a belief in actual diversity andty i'm a liberal ad proud to be one. there aren't many left i'm glad you found some at berkeley. thank you, that was a great
9:38 pm
piece. >> thank you. >> tucker: anthony bourdain and kate spade both died this week by suicide, they aren't the only ones unfortunately. it is surging in this country why is that? what can be done about it? actual answers next. wish we got money back on gym memberships. get money back hilarious. with claim-free rewards. switching to allstate is worth it. (dnice, candace, but this time bold. did someone say "bold?" (gasping) starkist jalapeo tuna in a pouch! loaded with bold flavor. just tear, eat... mmmmm. and go bold! try all of my bold creations pouches!
9:39 pm
with who we are as people and making everybody feel welcome. ordering custom ink t-shirts has been a really smart decision for our business. i love the custom ink design lab because it's really easy to use. they have customer service that you can reach anytime.
9:40 pm
t-shirts help us immediately get a sense of who we are as a group. from the moment clients walk in, they're able to feel like part of the family. - [spokesman] custom ink has hundreds of products for your business and free shipping. upload your logo or start your design today at customink.com. upload your logo or start your design today have trusted blinds dot com to upgrade their homes. because blinds dot com makes it easy to get made to order custom blinds that will transform any room in just minutes. every order gets free samples, free shipping, even a free online design consultation. they keep it simple, and you'll love your new look. just ask their customers. 30,000 five star reviews. (vo) go to blinds dot com slash fox for sitewide savings plus 5 percent off.
9:41 pm
9:42 pm
♪ >> tucker: cnn host anthony bourdain died today in france apparently by killing himself, his death comes three days after fashion designer kate spade also committed suicide. their deaths are high-profile illustrations of a trend that is shocking and under covered. according to cdc data released this week, the suicide rate in america rose more than 25% from 1999 to 2016. 45,000 people are killing themselves every year about twice the number that are murdered. antidepressants are more widely prescribed than ever and that
9:43 pm
they don't seem to be helping. johann hari is one the author of one of the most important verse in recent memory uncovering the real causes of depression and the unexpected solutions. he himself has suffered for a few years, thank you for coming on. >> it's good to be with you albeit on a dark day. >> it is a dark day, that number i guess the point is what we are doing isn't working and no one is saying that. the percentage of the population taking drugs meant to fight depression is rising and yet so was the suicide rate, isn't that proof enough that what we are doing isn't working? >> i wanted to understand that myself, i have been acutely suicidal. talking to the leading experts, i think one of the most interesting things one of the reasonsth why this shocking news about this increase in suicide -- it helps us to understand it everyone watching
9:44 pm
your show knows they have natural physical needs. you need food, you need water, you need shelter you need clean air. if i took those things away from you youse would be in real troue fast. there's equally strong evidence that all human beings have natural psychological needs. you need to feel you belong, you needyo to fill your life has meaning and purpose. you need to feel that people see you and value you. you need to feel you have a future that makes sense. our culture is good at lots of things but we've been getting less and less good at meeting these deep underlying psychological needs and is not the only thing that's going on but it's the reason why this crisis is growing and growing. what we've got to do if we want to find our way out of this isay understand the real causes of depression and anxiety. i've learned a scientific evidence for nine of them and solve those problems, not just drugs, they give some people some relief t and they have some value, that's not the solution. >> i'm not taking the scientologist position, i think there really people who have benefited from those drugs. the idea that every case of clinical depression is a problem
9:45 pm
of brain chemistry is stupid and that's what we are told. >> it's not just stupid it's misunderstanding the crisis. this anxiety, addiction epidemic, these are signals. they are telling us something, telling us something really important about what's going wrong in our culture and what we need to fix. not that every person is becoming suicidal or depressed, most people's lives are diminished to some degree by those factors if you had a dramatic childhood and you haven't had a chance to release the shame, you are 3000% more likely to attempt suicide. as a whole range of causes that make sense but when we tell people it's just a problem in their brain, of course there are real factors in their brain.
9:46 pm
what we are saying to them is your pain doesn't mean anything. it's a glitch in a computer program and the most important thing we need to be explaining to anybody watching your show who was suicidal who was depressed, who is anxious is your pain makes sense. you're not crazy you're not a machine with broken parts. you're a human being with unmet needs. >> tucker: maybe society is crazy. >> no sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society. >> tucker: thank you very much much. the book is called lost connections. >> tucker: nasa has announced one of its rovers found building blocks of life on mars. the latest in ufo news next.
9:47 pm
♪ applebee's 2 for $20, now with steak. now that's eatin' good in the neighborhood. where we're changing withs? contemporary make-overs. then, use the ultimate power handshake, the upper hander with a double palm grab. who has the upper hand now? start winning today. book now at lq.com. and that's how he intended to keep it. then he met the love of his life. who came with a three foot, two inch bonus. for this new stepdad, it's promising to care for his daughter as if she's his own. every way we look out for those we love is an act of mutuality. we can help with the financial ones. learn more or find an advisor at massmutual.com
9:48 pm
9:49 pm
9:50 pm
9:51 pm
♪ >> tucker: nasa just announced it discovered organic material, thes building blocks of life all the way on mars. that's not the only fascinating space related news to come out recently. according to a newly leaked pentagon report in 2004 a u.s. aircraft carrier was stocked for several days by a ufo thats witnesses said resembled eight supersonic tic tac, it could hover in midair and make itself invisible. this shocked and confused navy pilots who monitored it. nick pope joins us tonight, why would information like this -- why would we need to read about it because it was leaked? why one to the u.s. government
9:52 pm
tell us this, is there some reason? >> i think there's always embarrassment about anything in our airspace performance characteristics exceed anything in our own infantry. that was the conclusion in this pentagon document. this thing ran rings around our f-18 super hornets, it was briefly tracked on radar but it seemed to be able to again it's a phrase from of the document, it cloaked itself and became invisible. you'd think this was a science fiction if you weren't reading it in pentagon documents. wen know now that the government took this very seriously and these things are being seen in our skies whatever it might be by pilots, tracked on radar and it was a serious defense and national security issuef here. >> tucker: we don't believe any other country possesses the technology to create an aircraft
9:53 pm
like this. >> absolutely correct, one of the things that went into this report was looking to see if thisth sort of thing was anythig in our own infantry and indeed anything that any other nation has. when i was investigating ufos for the british government we knew some of these things would turn out to be a secret prototype aircraft drones and missiles. but we always knew through our own intelligence and sources, wo has what it so can eliminate that. >> tucker: what you're really saying is the u.s. government and the british government have essentially concluded that there are -- there's something not from this world that humans did not create that has shown up on radar and watched by people who watch aircraft for a living, this is real. >> the government doesn't go far as to say these things are extraterrestrial but our policy
9:54 pm
statement said neither do we rule out that possibility. they said we kept an open mind on this but these things when their speeds and maneuvers are in excess of anything that you've got for anything that you're aware other nations have, you are forced to think the unthinkable and absolutely -- part of the problem of this is that senior political figures and military chiefs -- ufos and they rolled their eyes and it was the ridicule factor. >> tucker: we are out of time, this seems like a a story that e should cover much more than we do. i'm gonna regret that. with new car replacement, if your brand new car gets totaled, liberty mutual will pay the entire value plus depreciation.
9:55 pm
liberty stands with you. liberty mutual insurance. can be a big bad problem that you could spread to. family members, including your grandchildren babies too young to be vaccinated against whooping cough are the most at risk for severe illness. but you can help prevent this. talk to your doctor today about getting vaccinated against whooping cough. because dangers don't just exist in fairytales.
9:56 pm
9:57 pm
that you don't think about is very much. counties it's really not very important. i was in the stone ages as much as technology wise. and i would say i had nothing. you become a school teacher for one reason, you love kids. and so you don't have the same tools, you don't always believe you have the same... outcomes achievable for yourself. when we got the tablets, it changed everything. by giving them that technology and then marrying it with a curriculum that's designed to have technology
9:58 pm
at the heart of it, we are really changing the way that students learn. and i can't wait for ten years from now when i get to talk to them again and see, like, who they are. ♪ but as it grew bigger and bigger,ness. it took a whole lot more. that's why i switched to the spark cash card from capital one. with it, i earn unlimited 2% cash back on everything i buy. everything. and that 2% cash back adds up to thousands of dollars each year... so i can keep growing my business in big leaps! what's in your wallet? ï ¿ >> tucker: by now you have heard the crushing news about our colleague and dear friend charles krauthammer. i have only a few weeks left to live, charles wrote in one of his final letters. this is the final verdict.
9:59 pm
my fight is over." over the coming days charles will be celebrate and ultimately eulogized by those who knew him. for generations he will continue to touch and guide those who didn't know him. his words clear and crisp and true will long outlive him. a lot will be said about charles krauthammer. i would like to add one thing. over the more than 20 years i knew him, charles thought about death every day. he told me that once. if that sounds more -- morose, it's the opposite. he was one of the rare people with the courage to look reality squarely in the face. charles radiated a calm cheerfulness. he knew what was coming. he had been close to it before. he didn't want to leave, but it didn't scare him. charles krauthammer is a genuinely brave man. for that reason, he is a happy man. "i live the life that i intended," he wrote. "there is no higher achievement than that." good night. have a great weekend.
10:00 pm
♪ >> sean: welcome to this special edition of "hannity." trump versus the deep state. tonight for the full hour we'll highlight the president's efforts to dismantle the tangled elitest web of high-ranging government bureaucrats who are hell-bent to destroy his administration and many cheers for failure. first, we have breaking news. this show we will be hitting the road next week. we're traveling to singapore for the president's historic summit with little rocket man. that is right. north korean dictator kim jong un. and in moments we will preview the president's upcoming push for peace. imagine that. in the korean peninsula. denuclearization would be amazing. plus we are going to show you how did we get to this point

32 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on