Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  June 18, 2018 7:00pm-8:00pm PDT

7:00 pm
and they have lied to you for the last 18 months. they've been wrong on that. listen, this is only the beginning. of the troubles for all these corrupt people. thanks for being with us. we will always be fair and balanced. let not your heart be troubled. there she is, laura ingraham. i am back. did you miss me? >> laura: hannity, the singaporeans are wondering, you are such a good tipper. they are wondering when you are coming back. >> sean: true story. we included, you will include 10%. there is some truth to that. >> laura: hannity is a very big tipper, i can attest to that. he puts all the liberal hotshots to shame. shawn, i'm so happy you got back safely. fantastic show. >> sean: i am a former dishwasher. >> laura: okay, got it. good evening from l.a. i am laura ingraham, mrs. "the
7:01 pm
ingraham angle." we are just over 100 miles from the border where crisis is raging and tonight we're going to bring you the inside story on the red-hot topic that everybody is talking about. most people are getting it wrong of course. attorney general jeff sessions is here exclusively to respond to the controversy surrounding illegal immigrant gets separated from their parents. ben shapiro tells us how democrats are really the ones exploiting the children as political pawns in this battle over immigration. also senators grill the inspector general for what some are saying whitewashing rampant bias at the top of the fbi against the president. and why would "the washington post" ran a story that blows up the russian collision narrative? roger stone tells us why. but first, faux liberal outrage in the discretion destruction e of law. that is the focus of tonight's angle. every country has an obligation to protect its borders and its
7:02 pm
citizens, particularly one as extensive and generous as the united states. for too long, immigration law was ignored frankly and basically unenforced. obama tried to kind of enforce it in an ad hoc fashion but the policies which i will get to a new moment only ended up exacerbating our problems at the border. today we have a full on crisis. 160% increase the number of people illegally entering the united states from just last year. while, the president is responding with a zero tolerance message which she reiterated today. >> the united states will not be a migrant camp, and it will not be a refugee holding facility. it won't be. you look at what's happening in europe. you look at what's happening in other places. we can't allow that to happen to the united states, not on my watch. >> laura: now, the president is not doing -- now doing what e
7:03 pm
should've been doing all along, prosecuting all border crushers. if your enter the country illegally you are breaking the law for the united states is not an open rapacious and center were any indigenous person in the world assumes we will take care of them and their families. there is a process and it has to be respected. homeland security chief kirstjen nielsen said this today. >> we are a compassionate country that has taken in millions of refugees. since 1975, the united states has welcomed more than 3 million refugees from all over the worl world. and each year, typically admits nearly two-thirds of the world settled refugees. that is more than all other countries combined. we will not apologize for the job we do or for the job law enforcement does for doing the job that the american people expect us to do. illegal actions have and must
7:04 pm
have cons with this. no more free passes. no more get-out-of-jail-free cards. >> laura: consistent with american law when the parties arrested, your children are either sent to relatives or they become wards of the state. since more illegal immigrants are rushing the particle or more kids are being separated from their parents. and temporarily housed in what are essentially summer camps or, as the "san diego union tribune" ascribed them to make him as looking like basically boarding schools. having lost the argument and frankly the last election, liberals have seized on the separated children and turned the entire image into a political weapon. attempting to emotionally mutilate the public's perception of immigration enforcement. >> i have read that you said that the separation, and your words to me said it's nothing less than government sanctioned child abuse. do you really think this amounts to child abuse?
7:05 pm
>> this does amount to child abuse. all i can say after talking to the people, watching the people, listening to the people that the statue of liberty i think it's weeping right now. >> effectively orphaned thousands of children from their parents. >> i am heartbroken by what's happening, and i wonder what this means about the fabric of our country. >> now, why are all their hearts breaking in unison now? why no tears for the victims of illegal immigrant crime like the 14-year-old girl raped just last month. or did their heartbreak when someone was left to die at the scene of a hit-and-run by 21-year-old mexican national? here is what you are not hearing. the government has very good reason for separating these children from their family units. the first being they may not be the child's family at all. children have been kidnapped,
7:06 pm
traffic, and used by individuals who can more easily slip into the country. the obama administration's catch and release policy allow people with children to enter the united states with only a promise to show up for a later hearing. a lot of them didn't show up of course. the human traffickers and the drug cartels quickly seized on the weakness and exploited it. routinely trafficking people across the border using children at times as camouflage. then when obama announced to daca policy in 2012, it became yet another lord for illegal immigrants. the number of unaccompanied minors from el salvador, guatemala, and honduras, surged between 2012 and 2014. check this out. by more than 400%. the number of unaccompanied children refer to the office of refugee resettlement tripled between 2012 and 2017 from
7:07 pm
13,625 to 40,810, according to the government statistics. from these immigrants come fresh recruits for ms-13 and other gangs that terrorized american cities from maryland to california. we have talked to the officials. we have told the stories. in june of 2014, even "the washington post" had to admit that the unaccompanied minor surge was "driven in large part by the perception that they will be allowed to stay under the obama administration's immigration policy." astoundingly in the fiscal year 2014, the border patrol apprehended 68,445 "family units." feel, of course, were deported. throw in sanctuary cities, a lax amnesty program, and it's a wonder more illegals haven't come. so the trump administration is now trying to pick up the pieces
7:08 pm
of this lawless immigration system after decades of governmental neglect. they are also trying to responsibly protect children in the government's care. here are the circumstances under which they temporarily taken to custody of children. number one, when dhs is unable to verify the relationship between the adult in the child. number two, when dhs determines that a child may be at risk with the parent or the legal guardian, and three, with a parent or legal guardian is referred for criminal prosecution. you enter into a normal port of entry rather than coming across the border illegally and the chances are you're not going to be separated from their families. but most of these people are coming straight across the border as illegal immigrants, then claiming some type of status or asylum request. this all goes back to a 1997 court ruling we've talked about before on the show called the florida settlement which forbade the government from holding
7:09 pm
unaccompanied children from within 20 days. for those traveling with family units. you have a hearing within 20 days, they have to be released into the country. lest you can be swayed by the media reports that the children are housed in concentration caps or cages, the truth is the u.s. tax paper is spending a lot on the care of these children. nearly $35,000 per year per child. they have a higher standard of living within the 13 million american children today currently living below the poverty line. it's about 24,000 per household. as for the conditions of the facilities that the immigrant children are housed in, they live a lot better than some inner-city kids are say the 11,472 homeless veterans living here in california. >> anything we've seen, the government has provided. it doesn't feel like we are in
7:10 pm
the united states. >> department of health and human services invited us inside because they wanted to show us relatively speaking hug with the conditions are, i guess you could say. there are licensed professionals and they are taking care of the children. they are not cages. they are not fences. >> laura: it's just ridiculous. the bottom line is these kids should be united with her parents, for sure. reunited with her parents. back in their home countries. they should not be burdens to the united states taxpayer or thrown into a system of foster care by parents who think coming across the border with children would assure them eventually legalized status. the president wants the separation to end as well. >> president trump has said this lawlessness cannot continue. we do not want to separate parents from their children. you can be sure of that. if we build a wall, we passed some legislation, we close some loopholes, we won't face these terrible choices.
7:11 pm
>> laura: rather than try to score political points, democrats and republicans like sessions is indicated, should come together. they should do what's best for the country, for the american citizen and the american workers and these immigrant children. the law should be changed so that the border patrol can turn away individuals and family units at the border if necessar necessary. today, only mexicans who cross the border illegally can be turned back. that's absurd. our border patrol doesn't exist as a wave and facilitator for any group of supposed family members who mouthed the script given to them by lawyers, nongovernmental institutions or other people in their home countries that they mouth for asylum. the american people are footing a really big bill for what is tantamount to a slow rolling invasion of the united states. and we can no longer permit central american countries to export their property and their desperation to our nation.
7:12 pm
our own children, black, white, asian, latino need help too. in detroit, here in l.a., in hartford, miami, chicago. so why don't the bushes and obama's and these left-wing reporters emoting today the white house and all the pro-amnesty democrats and republicans, why don't they ever write off beds or cry for those kids? you know why? because they think this over the and the misrepresented will of what's going on will hurt the man they could not be in november 2016, donald trump. and that's "the angle." joining us now for action is the president of the border patrol union in tucson and radio talk show host. here with me in the studio in l.a., ethan bearman. okay, ethan, you heard what i just had. throw it at me. >> there's a lot of different issues you address there.
7:13 pm
the overarching issue we have never addressed immigration overall and how we deal with people in this country but most barley we've got to get to the root issue we are talking about today we just separating children from their families. yes, the president does have the power right this very minute with a five-minute phone call to say stop doing this. let's keep them together until we resolve the asylum issue. the immigration issue. >> laura: that was said and re-said and restated today. let's say the president called up hhs or border patrol and said okay, kids stay with the parents. they can all stay in the summer camp kind of facility, several of them nearby where we are, modern miles. then they have to be released in 20 days. so you are going to go to the american people who are already burdened with taxes, overcrowded classrooms, all the stuff kids in the city of l.a. are dealing with, and you are saying to them okay, these thousands upon thousands of family units crossing the border should all be then released into the country. is that what you are saying? >> we are short on immigration
7:14 pm
judges right now. >> laura: i just want to know you are saying that's okay because you know ethan, they never come back for their hearing. the lion's share of people absconded and then later on they say we want amnesty. >> don't separate the families the way you are separating them right now or the way the president and border patrol and customs and immigration are doing. >> laura: are criminals separated from children? >> in felony cases. this is a misdemeanor to cross into the united states illegally. >> laura: that doesn't mean anything? stick with coursing means something. it means we need to fix our immigration system. these people are coming here because our employers are hiring them. there are jobs waiting for them. >> laura: let me tell you about some of the jobs are being done by the illegal labor. i want you to chime in on this. this is a story that's being litigated. in december of this past year, 2017, federal grand jury in ohio handed down a fifth indictment in a labor, child labor human trafficking case where they had underage children under the age
7:15 pm
of 18, some as young as 14, were brought up from central america to work in this egg farm. this is not an isolated incident, by the way. they were trafficking these kids up since 2121 president obama pushed daca through. there are jobs. there are a lot of jobs that on scrupulous businesses want to pay kids to do. child labor. that's the kind of thing that will be stopped if we have a zero-tolerance policy at the border. these countries exporting their own desperation are shameless. art, the images are bad. ethan is saying, these images. they are terrible. that's not who we are as a country. we want families to be together. were all families. we love families. the house again for the trump administration and the rule of law? these are images the presence focused on. >> other reality, laurel, during the obama administration, the kids taken away from their families were pretty much put in bird cages. that's what they were. they are being held in better facilities similar to boarding
7:16 pm
schools. they are much better facilities than what they were held during the past administration. now i understand people are arguing we are separating these kids and you can bring up felonies are nonfelony crimes. the reality is what we see day in and day out, no one's going to tell me we are not doing the right thing when we chased a group through the desert that are bringing their child, a minor, through the desert. when they see border patrol agents show up, they drop their child in the run. they literally drop these kids. they just drop them on the ground. so you're going to tell me these are good people? these are good parents question what they need to be with their kids? they are exposing orchestra criminal elements. we have seen many, many times where these individuals grab their children, they put them in the trunk of a car. they have them over to peyote's, they have them over to smugglers, people who have a criminal record and they either walk through the desert or they go through different car. anybody in the united states is apparent that should be sickened by those things.
7:17 pm
i would never hand over any of my children to somebody with a criminal past, much less allow them to put them in the trunk of a car to come to the desert. >> laura: people think is always parents, parents who have come from el salvador, they are walking up to the border. a lot of times the kids are coming up to the border and they are hooking up with adults all the way because they know as long as i'm a child and i'm with an adult before the family unit, like ethan wants, could stay for a while. 20 days. get released into society. that's why they are coming with children because they can get a fast pass. ethan, i want to play for you obama and hillary both responding to the other big border crisis which was in 2014, what they said about the unaccompanied minors. let's watch. >> i have to send a clear message. just because your child gets across the border, that doesn't mean the child gets to stay. >> our message absolutely is don't send your children unaccompanied on trains or
7:18 pm
through a bunch of smugglers. that's our direct message to the families in central america. do not send your children to the borders. if they do make it, they will get sent back. >> laura: gets guess what. they weren't sent back. people came with their children. is this good? they said the kids were going to go back, they never went back. now they are tax payer burdens. they are productive members? >> how many daca recipients do you know? they are very successful. >> laura: they are not daca recipients. these are kids from a couple years ago. they are always valedictorians in your eyes. >> not always. many are productive in many different ways. this is what i want to keep families together. they are fleeing desperate situations. we are so blessed and fortunate that we don't experience that on a day-to-day basis so we want to give them together. >> laura: you might not excretes on a day-to-day basis
7:19 pm
but there are a lot of americans, 13.2 million children living below the poverty line. 18 or younger. 24,000 per household. these kids, $34,000 a year. that's what it cost the american taxpayer to take care of that. those facilities are a lot nicer than the way some of these kids are living in inner-city america today. i don't think that should never be allowed to happen. it's great to have you on come ethan. always great to see when i'm in town. by the way, you are one of the truth about the administration policy and kids across the border? stay right there. thanks list of interview with attorney general jeff sessions. i'm going to ask him the tough questions coming up.
7:20 pm
7:21 pm
7:22 pm
>> laura: democrats have launched a blitz of using trump trump administration of separating children from their parents and housing them in literally concentration camps along the border.
7:23 pm
leftist politicians from senators to hillary clinton took their best shot. >> it is unacceptable in my mind. i think in the minds and hearts of many american that someone can justify a policy of deliberate harm to children as a way to gain legislative leverage. >> in fact what he's doing is holding these kids and their parents hostage to a whole set of other immigration issues. >> separating families is not mandated by law at all. that is an outright lie. and it's incumbent on all of us, journalists and citizens alike, to colleges that. >> laura: okay. well, she should know something about line, right? with emotions running this high, is it a p.r. battle the administration can won. let's discuss all this with the head of the justice department. we are pleased to welcome attorney general jeff sessions. first time on "the ingraham angle."
7:24 pm
thank you so much for being with us. there's a lot to get to tonight. you heard what mrs. clinton said, that this is a lie. it's not caused by the obama administration. this doesn't have to be done. the president could pick up the phone tonight and stop this policy of separating children from their parents. what's the real truth there, general sessions? >> i guess what she is saying is the president could just issue a directive that everybody that enters the country unlawfully be released into the country and never be apprehended or stopped or prosecuted for the illegal entry. we have watched what happened with the obama policies, and over the years, we went from 15,000 illegal entries to 75,000. this is a huge loophole in our system that's attracting more and more people as more and more people understand that under previous policies, if they were entering the country unlawfully, nothing ever happened. but we are doing the right thing. we are taking care of these children. they are not being abused.
7:25 pm
health and human services house them in good conditions. they work hard at it. we spent a billion dollars last year, health and human services did, in taking care of children who entered the country unlawfully. laura, one more thing. the vast majority of those children still tend to be the unaccompanied minors. we have had a big surge in families bringing children or some adults bringing children with them. >> laura: one of the shelters not too far from the border has 90% of the kids who are unaccompanied minors. 10% were separated from their families. just so my viewers understand this. general sessions. what happens when a family unit, you see them all on the bridges, which i think is absurd that they stay on the bridges near the ports of entry nurse san diego. now, when they get processed in, it is slow. they get processed in and if a woman says this is my child or two children, then what happens? are they separated if they claim
7:26 pm
asylum, saying i want to claim asylum? what happens to the mother of the children at that point? >> if they enter the country at a port of entry and there are many of those along the border, they are not violating the law. the mother or father in that circumstance would not be prosecuted in the families are staying together. presumably they are claiming asylum and they would not be prosecuted and not be separated. but if they go out in the desert, they cross a fence or barrier, our officers have to identify them. follow them, apprehend them. they are violating the law and the need to be prosecuted for that. he simply cannot condone that kind of activity. want to end this process of children being brought across dangerous territory, placing those children at risk. if they want to claim asylum from a let them go through the port of entry. that's the way it should be done. >> laura: yeah, i think most
7:27 pm
people aren't understanding this. i think most people think that if you come, even through one of the 25 ports of entry, you can have your family separated. that's not how it's working. it's a rare circumstance when i think the border patrol people know that this person is not related to this other person they can figure it out pretty quickly in those circumstances. i think it's important to have people understand that. this is how your opponent, general sessions, our demagogue being this issue. >> i walked down that railroad siding where the families were separated, and that's why use that picture. look, i know we are not nazi germany. all right? but there is a commonality there. >> this is the united states of america. it isn't nazi germany, and that's a difference. we don't take children from their parents. until now. >> laura: nazi germany,
7:28 pm
concentration camps, human rights violations, laura bush has weighed in. michelle obama, rosalynn carter. you have all of the first lady's going back to eleanor roosevelt. she has apparently weighed in as well. general sessions, what's going on here? >> it's a real exaggeration. in nazi germany, they were keeping the jews from leaving the country but this is a serious matter. we need to think it through, the rational and thoughtful about it. we want to allow asylum for people who qualify for it. people who want economic migration for their personal financial benefit and what they think is their families benefit is not a basis for a claim of asylum. but they can make that claim. we will process it. and i will review the situation and make a decision. those children, if the parent brings them across the border in an unlawful area and the parent is deported, they will take the children home with them.
7:29 pm
that is true. if the parent claims asylum and is allowed to stay here, than the children stay here also. health and human services takes custody. >> laura: general sessions, is this policy in part used as a deterrent? are you trying to deter people from bringing children or minors across this dangerous journey? is that part of what the separation is about? slick of fundamentally we are enforcing the law. if you break into the country -- >> laura: is it a deterrent, sir? are you considering it a deterrent? because the fact that no one was being prosecuted for this as a factor in a fivefold increase in four years in this kind of illegal immigration. so yes hopefully people get the message and come through the border at the port of entry and not break across the border unlawfully. >> laura: let me get your
7:30 pm
quick thoughts, sir, if you would on this looming child with congressional investigators. they are trying to get those documents, as you know, from your department and trey gowdy oversight chair said yesterday officials will be held in contempt of congress of the doj and fbi do not comply with subpoenas. what are your thoughts on that? >> well, we've gone a long way in dealing with that. the fbi's worked hard on that i think. an agreement was signed with mr. trey gowdy and mr. goodlatte. staffers at the department of of justice and fbi looking at the records. i think that's moving along pretty well. >> laura: they are out of patience. generalizations -- general sessions, i hate to interrupt. some of these documents end up showing up in the ig report congress' for months and months ago. you were in congress. you know what it's like to try to do oversight. it's really frustrating. they are hold rosenstein in
7:31 pm
contempt. then what? >> we have a responsibility to respond to congress. we intend to be responsive to congress. if we are running behind in production, will take efforts to step it up. we have a responsibility to produce the documents that are properly disclosed bull and we intend to do so. that's my direction to the department. >> senator sessions, attorney general sessions, one more question. are you involved at all in discussions about a possible recusal of rod rosenstein of mueller, given the fact that he signed up fisa warrant. it's a big controversy in this case. >> i'm not involved in that. he is the acting attorney general for that matter, and he has to make his own decision, as i had to make my decision. >> laura: got it. general sessions, thank you so much for spending time with us tonight. such important issues of the
7:32 pm
border. we really appreciate it and we will talk to you soon. today on capitol hill, the fbi director got a near full over the double standard on the investigations into hillary and trump. that's not all. we are going to tell you why jim comey might be in serious hot water for his own private email use next. battery in your smart lock?
7:33 pm
maybe not. maybe you could trust you won't have to actually talk to your neighbor. are you watching the game tonight? or... ...you could just trust duracell. ♪
7:34 pm
can be a big bad problem that you could spread to.l. family members, including your grandchildren babies too young to be vaccinated against whooping cough are the most at risk for severe illness. but you can help prevent this. talk to your doctor today about getting vaccinated against whooping cough. because dangers don't just exist in fairytales. and we got to know the friends of our friends.r the friends. and we found others just like us. and just like that we felt a little less alone. but then something happened. we had to deal with spam, fake news, and data misuse.
7:35 pm
that's going to change. from now on, facebook will do more to keep you safe and protect your privacy. because when this place does what it was built for, then we all get a little closer. >> laura: senate judiciary chair chuck grassley wants investigators to find out a former fbi chief jim comey discussed classified info in his personal emails. this is just one of the key developments in a hearing today over the inspector general's report on the clinton email investigation. doj inspector general mike horowitz and fbi chief chris wray testified but comey declined to appear. let's discuss with chris han and matt schlapp. along with peter schweizer, author of "the new york times" best seller "clinton cash." peter, we haven't seen you for a
7:36 pm
while. what's your take on how this went down today with horwitz appearing on capitol hill. it's amazing that comey, you see them on twitter in iowa cornfields and he's at various national parks but no time to come to capitol hill. >> comey's strategy on this is to hope it's going to blow over. that it's going to go away, that washington will forget about it. i think the opposite has to happen. ethically have to think about it this way, laura. vic about when we have cases of police misconduct or prosecutorial misconduct in the criminal realm. a cop is found having planted evidence or hiding evidence. we go and look at previous cases that that police officer handed. we want to drill down, find out how bad the problem was. i think we need to do the same thing here. the ig report as far as i'm concerned is the beginning. it's not the end of this investigation. >> laura: let's go to chris han, senator kennedy at one
7:37 pm
one point was, he seemed bemused by the idea that no bias was found in the report, and he was questioning horwitz on this issue. watch. i think we have the sound. if we don't have the sound bite. he said you honestly believe the american people are going to look at this report and believe, look at those emails that there was no bias. horwitz essentially said that's why we found out that it impacts the credibility of the handling of of the investigation. we laid out all the facts are. it was interesting when he said that, chris, because he seemed to say welcome we laid out the facts and we said it affects the credibility. but they couldn't conclude that it affected the ultimate outcome of decided to charge mrs. clinton or not. kind of splitting hairs there. seem to indicate the bias was a factor. in the credibility of the investigation. >> if any was biased in 2016 by
7:38 pm
the fbi's action, it was hillary clinton and her campaig campaign. men will say just about anything they need to say in the middle of the night to try to impress a woman and i think that's what was going on there and whether or not there was evidence of bias, i don't know. i don't think strzok should be involved with any investigations that touch the political system at all. i think the results of 2016 were very clear. nobody knew about the investigation going into russians meddling in the trump campaign and everybody knew about the clinton email scandal and that was what decided the election. >> laura: matt schlapp. >> yeah, i mean, please. look, it's very obvious in 2016 that donald trump was going to get the nomination and then lisa page is emailing her boyfriend mr. strzok saying oh, my god, what are we going to do and he says we're going to stop them and we learned that seven days before he was put in charge for counter intelligence
7:39 pm
investigation. this whole russia-trump collusion thing. it was all done, laura, it wasn't done to stop russians from colluding in our election. it was all done to stop trump. that's why this message to stop him wasn't given to congress, his was removed from servers. the ig had to use it using dod technology. it's a smoking gun. it was "stop trump." >> matt, please. >> laura: hold on, hold on, hold on. let's get back to peter. we'll get back to you in a second, chris. you heard general sessions on the show just now. he's not going to wade into the document dispute between congress and the executive branch. but it's a whopper. when you have the congress now, they are about to hold doj in contempt of congress. they are going to subpoena these documents. these things aren't turned over in short order, then it's just
7:40 pm
another administration official just like eric holder during fast and furious. he was held in contempt of congress and i guess he goes down as one of the great attorney general's of all time. it's insane. >> you are right, laura. the old adage is true. if you're hiding something, it's usually because you have something to hide. that is what is so troubling. they have had to drag information out to mow others from the fbi or doj come as a relates to the hillary clinton investigation, to the russian investigation. you name it. they've had to drag it out of the doj and the fbi. why is that? it's not similar because they are trying to protect sources. that stuff is redacted. it's taken away. it's deeply embarrassing to this institution. by the way, the comment that the fbi was biased against hillary clinton is laughable. to have the fbi director stand up in front of the country and absolving hillary clinton of her crimes is not his role. it's not his responsibility. it was the fbi putting the seal
7:41 pm
of approval essentially on her conduct for a legal standpoint. unprecedented. >> and the letter that they send 11 days before the election reopening the investigation. >> that had nothing to do with any bias against hillary clinton expo >> okay, peter, i've got you. let me go back to matt's point. >> laura: one at a time. >> wait, i've been waiting for . let me go back to your point, matt. you are seizing on a very minute thing in the ig report. the ig report was very critical of comey in the way he treated clinton. it was critical of a lot of things. strzok and page were doing things they shouldn't of been doing but i'm sure all three of us have said things to a woman who tried to impress them. >> would you stop saying that? >> laura: oh, my god. if this were happening to hillary clinton.
7:42 pm
if this were happening to hillary clinton, we had to trump people or to people who despise the clintons, were laughing at the clintons. and then said we're going to stop this. we need an insurance policy. you would be going nuts. all the democrats would be going nuts. because it would be smart to go nuts because it's outrageous that our justice department can can be used by individuals with a political animus to try to take down a candidate. that's wrong. autocare pure pumpkin or democrat. i love you all, but that's -- we can't do that in our country. it kills our faith in these institutions. republican, democrat, can't do it. matt schlapp, close it out. >> that's why the timing of when he said he would stop it matters. that's when the russian investigation started. the reason why the comey letter went out so close to election day is that comey was dragging his feet. it was the u.s. attorney's office who was pushing. >> highly inappropriate. >> that's what -- >> he was inappropriate and biased towards trump. >> laura: guys, we have to go.
7:43 pm
fantastic panel by fantastic men. not even in the studio with me. thank you. "washington post" they have gotten it's wires crossed. it ran a story showing how i trump associate chose not to collude with the russians. roger stone explains next.
7:44 pm
7:45 pm
>> laura: when the media haven't been freaking out about separating kids from their families and going to shelters and calling them concentration
7:46 pm
camps come over the weekend they were freaking out about what they thought was going to be another nail in the coffin of donald trump. another instance of russian collusion. oops. it wasn't. let's watch. >> more questions about potentially another russian having meetings certainly was someone associated with the campaign. >> in this case, roger stone and donald trump being so close for so long raises additional questions about what the president, then candidate, may have known about these russian contacts. >> this is my ninth presidential campaign and there's never been anything like this. the level of contacts between one campaign and one for national goes over and over again. >> laura: okay. [laughs] where laughing here in the studio. joining us to explain is the man himself, roger stone. roger, i had to treat you with that montage because i'm watching it. that one of them say the guy was an fbi informant, not one of them. tell us the real story. >> it's extraordinary. in may of 2016, michael caputo,
7:47 pm
who appeared earlier with sean hannity, contacted me because a man using the name henry greenberg turns out to be a paid fbi informant, said he had information that would be useful to the trump campaign. he did not in fact promised in the run-up to this meeting dirt on hillary clinton, as reported by shelby holliday of "the wall street journal." classic case of fake news. in any event, i reluctantly took this meeting which lasted about 20 minutes. it turns out that henry greenberg is not his real name, that he is an fbi informant for over 17 years. was deported from the country in 2000. has a 10-year prison record for violent crime. is associated with russian organized crime. more importantly, is in the country on a visa sponsored by the miami office of the fbi because he is providing "a
7:48 pm
public benefit." he's an informant. at this very brief meeting, mr. greenberg, not his real name, the fbi informant, first shows up wearing a maga hat and trump t-shirt. shows me photographs on his phone of he and a woman at various trump rallies and lays it on me that he has information damaging hillary clinton and he only wants $2 million for it. i reject his request for $2 million, and he laughs and says it's not your money i want. it is donald trump's money. and there it is giving up the game. this is an attempt to entrap me but to compromise donald trump. greenberg or whatever his real name was, -- >> laura: did he speak like this? [russian accent] does he say i have very good information on hillary clinton?
7:49 pm
[laughs] >> the real question here is why i didn't remember a meeting. >> laura: why didn't you remember? you said -- i want to play -- roger, i've got to be really tough on you because april 19 of last year, you said this. let's watch. >> i didn't talk to anybody who was identifiably russian during the two-year run-up to the campaign. i'm not sure i did previously either. i very definitely can't think of anybody who might have been a russian without my knowledge. >> laura: that's what everybody is hitting on today. >> that's fine. the question is not why i forgot a meeting which is inconsequential in which nothing improper or illegal happens. the question is why does james comey's fbi run unknown informant who is in the country
7:50 pm
on a visa through the graces of the miami fbi office for public benefit in on me? he gave away the game when he said i don't want your money. i want trump's money. this was an effort to entrap donald trump. >> laura: roger, we need the documents on this, and i know you're going to be pursuing that because we need the documents. i want to know when. >> if you want a democrat dossier.org, you can see his extensive criminal background and all the evidence that he was an fbi -- >> laura: got it, thank you. we've got to roll. thank you so much. fantastic interview. in moments, ben shapiro joins me on such breakdown the rank hypocrisy, the media's hysterical coverage of illegal immigration kids.
7:51 pm
7:52 pm
7:53 pm
7:54 pm
>> laura: lost in the hysterical coverage over illegal immigrant children separated from their parents is a key point: what about the homeless veterans or the plight of kids in urban america? where's the outcry, tears, press conferences? let's discuss it with ben shapiro who joins us here on set in l.a. how are you doing? i know you have been through this racket before with how they are playing the border issue. what is the truth about how illegal immigration has affected this state, this city, this community. >> the cost to the state are enormous. billions of dollars. it's a fact of the city itself. it's affected the level of criminality in the city, the budget of the city, and it's affected pretty much every aspect of the city including how the city itself is run. while the mayor is saying, ignores the 55,000 homeless
7:55 pm
people. >> laura: 11,000 homeless veterans. >> 55,000 people will fill dodger stadium. he wants to run for president. he's going to virtue signal about immigration. >> laura: for the democrats to run down of the border, they're like oh, it's inhumane. it's an inhumane series of actions by donald trump. you pointed out during the break how president obama viewed the deportation issue. >> in 2014, homeland security secretary said we are taking the measures to deport entire families as a deterrent. now when the trump administration uses similar language with regard to separating families, i don't think they should necessarily use that language but it's not unprecedented. what the left is saying is that president trump should release everyone or they are going to yell and scream. the law itself says that if you arrest the parents to me have to
7:56 pm
release the kids. that means you have to separate the kids from their parents. there is no option to get the parents in custody with the children. it's not an option. under the law as written by leftists on the ninth circuit court of appeals. >> laura: and kids are put into sponsorships across the country, when they come in unaccompanied. sometimes they are brought in by traffickers, they are sent to sponsors. do you realize and i'm sure our viewers, some don't know this, some of those sponsors themselves are illegal immigrants. hhs regulations do not discount the possibility of illegal immigrants being sponsored because it's only one factor. it is more your financial ability to care for the people. now illegal immigrants are sponsoring illegal immigrants in the united states of america. >> the ninth circuit court of appeals has suggested perhaps the best policy would be to take one of the parents and release them with the children so we can start releasing more people. it's pretty clear what the left wants. talking about the delays and how
7:57 pm
long kids should be in custody. unless the left releases everyone, unless trump releases everyone, the left will be equally unhappy. >> laura: will be right back to close it out. stay there. (director) cut!
7:58 pm
7:59 pm
nice, candace, but this time bold. did someone say "bold?" (gasping) starkist jalapeo tuna in a pouch! loaded with bold flavor. just tear, eat... mmmmm. and go bold! try all of my bold creations pouches! you might be missing something.y healthy. your eyes. that's why there's ocuvite. ocuvite helps replenish nutrients your eyes can lose as you age. it has lutein, zeaxanthin and omega-3. ocuvite. be good to your eyes. ♪ >> laura: apparently there are a lot of people very upset because we referred to some of the detention facilities tonight as essentially like summer camps by the "san diego union tribune"
8:00 pm
today described the facilities as essentially like what you would expect that a boarding school. i will stick to, there are some of them like boarding schools. i suggest that a lot of the folks that are worried about that spend more time in central america. i have. we should make adoption easier for american couples who want to adopt these kids who are true candidates for adoption because our policies don't allow that. let's put our hearts out there for the kids in the right way. take care of them the right way. open your hearts under homes for them. shannon bream and the "fox news @ night" team are up next. >> shannon: we are tracking a situation within the state department that is blocking some of those adoptions. we'll have more coming up soon. this is a fox news alert. blistering questions for the man behind the report that found a number of fbi employees may have had antitrust bias. they said they didn't act on it when they cleared hillary clinton. senator lindsey graham isn't buying it. new tonight, the former director james comey faces yet another investigation. new developments late tonight o

92 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on