Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  August 28, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PDT

2:00 pm
white house, they feel the deal will get done with canada. canada was calling. canada needs this deal, and you are there from the commerce secretary wilbur ross and they are hopeful. >> neil: thank you very much. here comes "the five" ." ♪ >> greg: i am greg gutfeld with tammy bruce, juan williams, brian kilmeade. she snowboards on a soap dish. dana perino. "the five" ." last month, cnn announced a bombshell that michael: said president trump know about that meeting between his son any russian claiming to have dirt on hillary. something as rare as air. it was one of 1,000 final nails in the coffin of trump's presidency. but then lanny davis, hillary's
2:01 pm
creepy fixture. it's revealed that creepy davis was the anonymous creepy source who supplied creepy cnn with the creepy info that the network milked to death while lecturing us on ethics. cnn is any creepy pickle. there source for the biggest rivera's giving us the grapes. are you following this? i need to run my soul through car wash after all this. i am like the rest of the media -- unlike the rest of the media who eat this stuff up. like a drunk frat boy. they will eat a pop tart off the floor as long as there is schedule. when michael avenatti comes knocking, cnn shrieks. why? because it perpetuates a story the media can't stop feeding on. two years, they were gorging on electing trump. now they gorge on impeaching him. avenatti, cohen, davis.
2:02 pm
three square meals they devour daily. what's called reporting i was a rumor, spoon-fed from creep seeking money, power, or fame. i wish i could ignore them all. what is it that guy keeps saying? >> long week? relax with a glass. office to figure out. what do you say? let's get after it. >> it's going to us two hours, so what do you say? let's get after it. >> greg: i've got something better. how about let's get accurate? this is an amazing, blockbuster story, kilmeade. i want you to try to get your head around it. i know it might be tough for you because you are working all the time. this is cnn's source contradicting what they said to cnn, so somebody is lying. do you think this will be on reliable sources? >> brian: i have a test
2:03 pm
pattern. lanny davis is a crisis expert. here is his crisis. how do i solve it? take responsibility pretty. take the heat. the reporting got mixed up. no, that didn't work. i made a mistake. i didn't mean to be cured. never was. said he didn't lie to cnn. he unintentionally misspoke. said he, his instinct, this is what he said about what cohen knows. his instinct was that his client might have something to say about mueller, hacking, but he shouldn't have said anything. that's your lawyer. this is nothing to do with cohen. it's about hillary clinton and lanny davis. cohen doesn't come up. the question is, is he worried michael: put his hand on the bible and swore that he was telling the truth and said he had nothing to do with this, that trump knew nothing about this trump tower situation. when he came ounces now he knows, then cohen suddenly looks as though he created, committed perjury. then he had to backtrack? or did you make it up and
2:04 pm
michael: said you are doing a really bad job. i know i am not paying you but you can't make things. there is more to this story. >> greg: dino, i want to stick to the cnn thing. cnn said larry davis didn't -- lanny davis didn't make comment. i am quoting glenn greenwald. he is right. cnn says lanny davis refused to comment so either cnn lied to its audience about davis or davis is lying now. >> dana: over there -- they were trying to protect him at the time. that's five people disagree with using background sources. in a situation like this, you are dealing with people's lives. future judicial, legal problems. people leak in the speak back o.
2:05 pm
you have both camps trying to advance her stories with the media background try to be cute and then they go on the record and get a little bit crossed. cnn says they are sticking with the story. maybe they have another source told them the story is true. >> greg: who could that source be? is there another lawyer we are missing out on? some other guy. tammy, if this will be on the other side, it would be yet another smoking gun. the media doesn't see this as anything special. >> tammy: this is why when the president says fake news, everybody goes nuts. this is exactly what he's talking about. the use of an individual. this is almost too good to check, they get with a new from their source to move several days with a huge story at the time. it was another nail, as you've noted. then they get that mileage and
2:06 pm
they figure that's all they need and they gin it up and it floats away. the viewers know it. cnn is losing programming to things like "ancient aliens." this is what the president complains about. it's what you see the crowds at the rallies yelling at cnn about. it hurts not just cohen and this entire process legally but how media is viewed. it's another nail in a coffin but it's not president trump. it's the legacy media and what they're willing to do. >> greg: juan, i am disappointed in the whole legal world. aren't you saddened? >> juan: the legal world? >> greg: these lawyers are terrible. >> juan: juliana, i agree. i am way in disagreement with all of you. seems like you are playing out this tired theme of the right
2:07 pm
wing hates the elite mainstream media. this is not a big story in terms of cnn says they are standing by their story. they say they have corroboration. they've had every opportunity to say we made a mistake. in addition to which cnn fired reporters when reporters got an earlier story about trump wrong. i would think people on the right would say cnn is not firing anybody in this case. they are not backing off. one saying he did something wrong is lanny davis. lanny davis is a stand-up guy here saying -- >> brian: he made stuff up. >> juan: he said he was speculating and he's acknowledged he was wrong. >> brian: you don't buy he was speculating? >> juan: that's what he said. i am saying if you want to know the important story, it's when cohen stood up in court and implicated the president in an illegal payoff of a star. >> tammy: when everyone
2:08 pm
involved is lying at some point. if you see a crowd of people lying at some point about a variety of issues and then you got a guy who's been threatened with life in prison pledging that he knows something, no wonder people don't take it seriously. >> juan: he was in court. he could be in jail. >> tammy: don't liberals all the time argue people will confess to things they've never done before simply because of the pressure by law enforcement? >> dana: one point, several times and i think they are reporting "the new york times" at least twice, stories broken. the legal camp on the presidents decided said not true. or the president even. then five or six months later, oh, it actually is true. i think the media is being played a little bit but both sides and legal side of things. it's difficult to try -- the court of public opinion. >> greg: there is one side that wants their story to be true, so they're willing to play
2:09 pm
more fast and loose. can we talk about bruce ohr? is that not a story? he is testifying in a closed door hearing over his relations with christopher steele, the spy who tried to bring trump down with the dossier. in my opinion, this is a pretty big story. he is pushing the story created by fusion gps where his wife works and then he says he feared being exposed by this one comey got fired. we make fun of the phrase deep state. this ain't shallow state. >> dana: which is why he is testifying behind closed doors. >> brian: both sides feel not enough gets done public. peter strzok exposing his demeanor and smugness goes a long way to understanding what was really going on behind closed doors. this is what catherine herridge has told us so far. she has done a great job. bruce ohr, his memory isn't perfect but he does say he's never had a case like this in 20
2:10 pm
years. he goes on to say simpson's had the first time, glenn simpson who owns fusion gps, where bruce ohr's wife works, so the first time i was dealing with bruce ohr was at thanksgiving. the problem is there's an email exchange that shows they had been communicating since august. lisa page, bruce ohr, and glenn simpson's all contradict each other. there's no way that should be allowed you're trying to do an investigation. if the fbi or department of justice was doing this investigation, they would not be tolerating this. they've got to get all three out there in front of us and tried to contradict each other. >> tammy: what we are seeing here is the weaponizing, as we have discussed, of the federal law enforcement framework against a presidential election and presidential nominee, candidate, which was they wanted, which was an insurance policy to keep something happening. this is a lesson for conservatives everywhere. communities in this country talk about law enforcement framing
2:11 pm
people, making up evidence, targeting individuals, deciding that the ends justifies the means. a lot of people who don't through it say that can happen. we are seeing it happen at federal level. it's an education for all of us. not just at that level but at the local level as well when it comes to what law enforcement is willing to do. the cleanup that has to happen around the country for all of us when it comes to who we trust and whether or not we are going to take it seriously. >> juan: in other words, you are just happy defaming the fbi, justice department, anybody questioning president trump. this is the story. here we are. this means there's nothing, nothing that the president has done wrong. president trump is a victim. this is madness. you have to ignore the facts on the ground. >> greg: we are just reporting the story about this guy. >> juan: you have to ignore the fact that bruce ohr is an expert on russia. you have to ignore the fact that they are for people like
2:12 pm
christopher steele would be going to bruce ohr and saying guess what, sally yates just got tossed. >> brian: narcotics cases? he's got to be honest. >> tammy: juan, you should be upset because all description on all the back-and-forth and bruce ohr saying we are going to get caught, it obscures any legitimate investigation people may be wanted. it becomes the story. >> juan: i think we had the president going after jeff sessions come his own republican attorney general. >> brian: who recused himself. >> juan: yes. going after rod rosenstein. going after the fbi. who isn't he going after? >> greg: all i can say is... >> brian: just look at this. nobody said donald trump is playing the perfect game so far. all we are saying is look at the text messages and exchanges. look at the facts. you should be as outraged as
2:13 pm
anybody. pick your time when trump is out of control and say it's out of. this is not trump. >> greg: feels like this ohr is in hot water. republicans warning voters what will happen if nancy pelosi become speaker again. that is next. than psoriatic art. as you and your rheumatologist consider treatments, ask if xeljanz xr is right for you. xeljanz xr is a once daily pill for psoriatic arthritis. taken with methotrexate or similar medicines, it can reduce joint pain... ...swelling and significantly improve physical function. xeljanz xr can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections, lymphoma and other cancers have happened. don't start xeljanz xr if you have an infection. tears in the stomach or intestines, low blood cell counts and higher liver tests, and cholesterol levels have happened. your doctor should perform blood tests before you start
2:14 pm
and while taking xeljanz xr, and monitor certain liver tests. tell your doctor if you were in a region where fungal infections are common and if you have had tb, hepatitis b or c, or are prone to infections. xeljanz xr can reduce the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. don't let another morning go by without talking to your rheumatologist about xeljanz xr. we really pride ourselves on making it easy for you don't let another morning go by without >> tech: at safelite autoglass, to get your windshield fixed. with safelite, you can see exactly when we'll be there. saving you time for what you love most. >> kids: whoa! >> kids vo: ♪ safelite repair, safelite replace ♪ the full value oft wyour new car? you'd be better off throwing your money right into the harbor. i'm gonna regret that. with liberty mutual new car replacement we'll replace the full value of your car. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty ♪
2:15 pm
i needthat's whenvice foi remembered that my ex-ex- ex-boyfriend actually went to law school, so i called him. he didn't call me back! if your ex-ex- ex-boyfriend isn't a lawyer, call legalzoom and we'll connect you with an attorney. legalzoom. where life meets legal.
2:16 pm
2:17 pm
♪ >> dana: the trump of fact being put to the test and key primaries. trump backed congressman ron desantis trying to secure the nomination to replace outgoing florida governor rick scott. scott is looking to wrap up the g.o.p. senate nodded with a big boost from trump. in arizona, it's a senate republican primary featuring three candidates strongly behind the president's agenda. in the backdrop tonight, a major warning sign for republican midterm motors. g.o.p. lawmakers circulating a list of potential issues democrats may investigate if they retake the house. will this threat helped turn out the base? it's basically a list the house democrats have sent requesting hearings on such issues as president trump's tax returns, president trump's family
2:18 pm
business, the payment to stormy daniels, james comey's firing. travel ban's family separation. pretty much nothing else will get except for investigations, if this were to actually happen. the republicans. sometimes you have to scare your base into turning out. >> tammy: you do. people are still talking about impeachment even though some people are saying that's not a good idea. adam schiff the other day said we can't really talk about it right now. if president trump is everything they say he has. he is hitler. he is carrying babies away from moms. why wouldn't you want to? why suddenly if he's the worst guy in the world but then you really don't want to investigate anything or you don't want to impeach him. so that's what we're looking at. these are serious things the democrats have been running on and i've been talking to their base about. we can expect them to do it partly because they don't want to govern. that's been a big problem with democrats. they gin up the bases and get people excited.
2:19 pm
>> juan: where did you get that from? >> tammy: the last eight years. >> juan: are you kidding? republicans thought he was overreaching, doing too much, had to obstruct him. >> tammy: governing -- bill clinton governed. that's why that administration, even with impeachment, worked. >> juan: seriously. dana has a point here about who is stirring up the base. this is an action being taken by republicans right now to see if you allow democrats to take control of the house, we are going to lose president trump because he may be impeached. they see this and i think rightly as stirring up the g.o.p. base because it is so strongly pro-trump. those people then will turn out and not turn off, given all the bad news trump is experiencing. >> greg: let's go back to this, stirring up the base. telling the truth can actually stir up the base. i like how the democrats are
2:20 pm
pretending they aren't really interested in impeachment. it's like a teenager trying to sneak a bottle of booze outside the house in front of their parents. no, it's a water bottle. we know that the democrats are winter to spring this on. if they get the house, they are playing this down so they can raise it when they can. i do believe telling the truth can be stirring the base. democrats stir up the base by painting trump is hitler. >> juan: she said separating children from their parents. i think that's true. how about this? democrats want to do away with i.c.e.? >> dana: the point about family separation policy. there was already a hearing. >> tammy: and then we will have to deal with barack obama's establishment of it. >> dana: the other thing, the democrats are finding out some of their fringe on the left that come up with ideas like abolishing i.c.e. it's not just the fringe. some mainstream democrats as
2:21 pm
well. there was a poll taken by ap. 57% of democrats view the agency negatively but the number -- 18% of democrats favor dismantling it. they're having to answer questions for things that the far left is suggesting. >> brian: so that was high profile people saying it. bernie sanders. gillibrand. you can say okay, you deal with it because it's not somebody writing this and they are not putting their name on it, these are major speeches in front of major audiences to get a loud round of applause. the democrats would've been successful in the special election, close the gap or walk away with the win are the ones in the middle. >> greg: and you want to get rid of the ice coupes which i think is harmless. >> dana: why do you feel that way about the ice capades? up next, president trump with
2:22 pm
the new warning for google after claiming that the company is silencing conservatives. ♪ as moms, we send our kids out into the world, full of hope. and we don't want something like meningitis b getting in their way. meningococcal group b disease, or meningitis b, is real. bexsero is a vaccine to help prevent meningitis b in 10-25 year olds. even if meningitis b is uncommon, that's not a chance we're willing to take. meningitis b is different from the meningitis most teens were probably vaccinated against when younger. we're getting the word out against meningitis b. our teens are getting bexsero. bexsero should not be given if you had a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose. most common side effects are pain, redness or hardness at the injection site; muscle pain; fatigue; headache; nausea; and joint pain. bexsero may not protect all individuals. tell your healthcare professional if you're pregnant or if you have received any other meningitis b vaccines.
2:23 pm
ask your healthcare professional about the risks and benefits of bexsero and if vaccination with bexsero is right for your teen. moms, we can't wait. ♪ there are roadside attractions. ♪ and then there's our world-famous on-road attraction. the 2019 glc, starting at $40,700. mercedes-benz. the best or nothing.
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
- thank you. now i'm at a time in my life where i want to do business with companies who do right by me. - [narrator] the hartford is the only auto insurance company voted one of the world's most ethical companies 10 times, and customers rate the hartford 4.8 out of five stars for their claims experience.
2:26 pm
join the millions of customers who trust the hartford. call to get a quote from the aarp auto insurance program from the hartford. ♪ >> juan: president trump going after google this morning on twitter, accusing the tech giant to being politically biased against conservatives. the president claims searched results are "rigged." to suppress any good news about the trump presidency. now the president doubling down this very afternoon. >> i think google has really taken advantage of a lot of people and it's a very serious thing and a very serious charge. i think what google and what others are doing, if you look at what's going on on twitter, if you look at what's going on in facebook, they better be careful because you can't do that to
2:27 pm
people. >> juan: google firing back, saying its searches don't promote a political agenda. what do you think? >> tammy: we have a history with all the social media, and facebook is mentioned as a very good example. their trending stories column that they said was the trending news of the day based on their algorithms. then we realize there was no real conservative sites. no conservative stories. nothing pro-conservative and editors came out and said they routinely suppressed conservative news, things that conservatives, that would make them look good or be of interest to conservatives and then they had to eventually shutdown the entire framework. >> juan: let me pick up on this and ask you a question for much of it has to do, according to google, with the idea that if you're searching something they give you what they call accredited sites like big newspapers that they have a sense of trust in their content as opposed to giving them simply
2:28 pm
opinionated sites that are likely tilted. tilted. a >> tammy: that is the problem. when you are liberal and you see a liberal side, that's the one that's legitimate to you and you're going to view an opposing website in a different way because you don't agree with it. if you're going to rank certain websites, you are going to rank them based on whether or not it looks like real life to you. if you are a liberal or a conservative, you're not going to look at your own material as being biased because it's what you also believe. this is why when you've got 80%, 85% of american media identifies effectively as liberal, as not conservative, then you're going to have a google determine which sites are going to be more legitimate, they are going to rank more legitimate the sites they agree with so it looks like their worldview. >> juan: what about saying there's no truth, no fact, no accurate news coverage of the country so just give me liberal opinion or give me conservative opinions. is that we are saying? >> brian: this is the hottest issue in the country and there's
2:29 pm
no it is the answer. this is the stem cell research of our generation. this decade. because everyone thinks social media is the problem for their own reasons. i don't necessarily have the reason but amazon, google, facebook, twitter, they have two -- i think fundamentally they want to get it to work. i think there's legitimate criticisms but my frustration is for example, ceo jack dorsey comes to capitol hill to go in front of the energy committee on september 5th, next week, is there going to be anyone an expert to be able to ask types of questions that's going to move the conversation forward? >> dana: you think the hearings are unsatisfying? >> brian: i know you're being sarcastic but we need someone in the middle unbiased to say here's an idea what to do because lawmakers who belong to a party are not capable of coming up with an answer. >> juan: larry kudlow said today he's looking at the possibility of regulating them.
2:30 pm
>> brian: where you start? >> juan: it is shocking to me he would suggest that the government now -- >> dana: especially larry kudlow. a free-market guy and conservatives are typically not for more regulations. i would add at 1:40:00 p.m. today i checked google news. the number one story was a cnn story about debunking a trump myth of some sort. a cnnmoney story is how google is rigged against conservatives and the third story was the fox news story about tiger woods. i think we are going to talk about that later. i think there's a lot of room for this algorithm to be manipulated. all of these sites are privately held companies. but they also would say to you it doesn't make sense for us to alienate half the country when they are trying to make money. remember, michael jordan said republicans buy shoes too. they are going to try to make a free market arguments.
2:31 pm
>> juan: i was surprised to see the president going after google. he says oh, my gosh. they give stories from "new york times," "washington post" and "wall street journal." i don't like these stories. but here is trump in july, he says that the european union is finding google, they are one of america's greatest companies. today it's a different story. >> greg: it surprises you trump changes his opinion? it's been going on for two years. i think what google is guilty of, everyone else in the media. they are chasing words and not deeds. the deeds are good news. an 18 year high in optimism right now. that's not being reported. if you want to google and google mexican trade, you would've gotten the top stories about the awkward phone call. you wouldn't have gotten the mexican trade story. he is just like us. he googled his name and he gets mad when there's bad news. if you google kilmeade, the first thing you are going to get
2:32 pm
is "hairpiece." but don't google kilmeade and hairpiece. you will see what happens. if you look at google doodles, which i love. instead of easter, they have an activist. instead of christmas, they will do some kind of festival. instead of burning man -- i mean, they will do burning man instead of lou dobbs' birthday. they are the king of virtue signaling. why alienate half the conversation? to keep activists at bay. they would rather alienate half a population -- they need to do a google search on wisdom. right now they're doing is they're helping china in their ai. but they want to leave helping the military making more precise drones and actually save. >> juan: a question about alex jones. we know some of these sites pushed alex jones and his conspiracy theories off on the idea that it's hate speech. why wouldn't you want to support
2:33 pm
that? >> greg: it's the same way i feel about louis farrakhan. where is he? on twitter wearing a bow tie. >> juan: the growing controversy that you heard dana reference when we return. so you have, your headphones, chair, new laptop, 24/7 tech support. yep, thanks guys. i think he might need some support. yes. start them off right, with the school supplies they need at low prices all summer long. now save $150 on this dell notebook
2:34 pm
at office depot officemax.
2:35 pm
little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not a cream. it's a pill that treats moderate to severe plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable. don't use if you're allergic to otezla . it may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. otezla is associated with... ...an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have  a history of depression or suicidal thoughts,... ...or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. upper respiratory tract infection and headache may occur. tell your doctor about your medicines and if you're pregnant or planning to be. otezla. show more of you.
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
♪ >> why do you think people might find it interesting? he is the president of the united states. having respect for the office no matter who's in the office, he may like, dislike personality or the politics. we all must respect the office. >> brian: what's wrong with that officer? an espn host hears that answer
2:38 pm
and thinks tiger woods bailed out. they are teeing off on tiger woods, refusing to take the reporters bait and criticized president trump or complement president trump. so they start lashing out against tiger woods because he wouldn't lash out against the president. for example. >> tiger woods is, you said, being slick. he says we must respect the office therefore it confers respect to the occupant. is that what you are saying? if so, that's a stupid comment. i don't even know if he believes that's when he said. >> we don't know what tiger woods believes. he's not black. when he was arrested, he was black. >> brian: stephen hayes myths one of the brighter people on television. i would love to hear him long form. max kellerman kellerman thinks it's unthinkable tiger woods would respect the office.
2:39 pm
>> dana: all people who play sports, athletes, thank you. looking for the word. they are going to be asked questions about president trump because reporters can't help themselves. they are trying to figure out away how can can they make headlines. the only way to make headlines apparently the world today is if you ask someone how they feel about president trump even if it has nothing to do about their golf game. tiger woods knew a question like that is probably coming and i took it as a sincere genuine answer of how he feels about the presidency of the united states. i think espn, they can do whatever they want on the show. tiger woods was prepared for that question. it wasn't like he was reading somebody else's talking points. i think he believed it. >> greg: max kellerman is a virtue signaling jackass and here is evidence. would he have set it to jim brown? jim brown would have wiped the floor with him. he did it because he thought he
2:40 pm
could get away with it. this is the problem with injecting politics into bodies that do not have an immune system for it. when you inject politics into sports, sports gets sick. when you inject politics into the entertainment world, the entertainment world gets sick. when you inject politics into academia, what do you get? you get a poison, toxic campus. whenever you put politics, he gets sick, except on "the five." because we are real. >> dana: when you inject sports into me, i get sick because i can't even come up with the word athlete. >> brian: the people know president trump, they have a different opinion. >> greg: tell us about it, brian. >> brian: mike tyson, dennis rodman, herschel walker. jim brown joined us this morning on "fox & friends." he is getting blowback in the black community for saying that i like president trump and i think he is doing a decent job. listen.
2:41 pm
>> the greatest thing about america is that we all have our thoughts. nobody is totally correct in everything they do. i have access to the president and any time i have access to the president and he will listen to my thoughts, that's all i can ask. >> juan: that's all he said. i have access to the president. just like kanye west. i have access. >> greg: more than obama gave them. >> juan: tiger woods was asked, what about the politics? if you say you respect the office. by the way, max kellerman was right when he said this was a slick move that allowed him to say i respect the office without saying, well, what do you think about this president? >> brian: what is wrong with the right answer? >> juan: wants the right answer? >> brian: he respects the office. >> juan: that's not an answer. >> dana: why not?
2:42 pm
it's a great answer. >> juan: saying you respect xyz. saying i respect x, y, g. what he said was -- here's what he said. he said i just finished 72 holes and i'm really hungry. does that sound like dictated sounding -- >> brian: he's 43. >> juan: in this era, president trump, not the athletes, have made the issue. president trump has gone after nfl players protesting. he has gone after steph curry, lebron james. shut up and dribble? why? he is always saying -- they don't want -- >> tammy: there is one reason why this is happening. the latest poll, 36% of african-americans support the president because their economies better. lowest unemployment rate in history for african-americans. the future is brighter again.
2:43 pm
they are realizing the conservative ideal is worthwhile and should be considered. they are hearing other african-americans they like, like kanye west, saying wait a minute. maybe we should be thinking about things. tiger woods and others are not conforming, that's what they expect. the gay community, the african-americans. even if your lives are better, you will be punished if you say it's better. >> juan: tiger woods plays a game. >> tammy: african-american lives are better under this president. >> juan: that's ridiculous. such a cheap argument. let me say, tiger woods -- >> tammy: the lowest on appointment rate is a cheap argument? juan. >> juan: if you are saying president trump is now about lowering black unemployment so that it matches white unemployment or president obama -- president trump is doing something, job training. here's what tiger woods is about. tiger woods realizes his sponsors the people who play
2:44 pm
golf generally white, may be republican. he is not taking the risk of speaking truth to power. >> brian: you are projecting what you think tiger woods is thinking. i project this. he's known them for 15, 20 years, and likes him. that's probably a better idea. >> dana: i didn't have a chance to talk. he has a responsibility to himself and his business and so look, if i were his p.r. advisor and i anticipated that question, that's a great answer. you might get dinged on espn but if you want to focus, if you want to make make a comeback i, you need to not allow a distraction in politics. >> greg: politics in other arenas, politics kills everything. >> brian: i guess greg gets the last word. straight ahead, keeping a room cold is apparently now sexist. that story is next. ♪
2:45 pm
let your perfect drive come together during the final days of the lincoln summer invitation event get 0% apr on select 2018 lincoln models plus one thousand dollars bonus cash. bundle and save big,
2:46 pm
but now it's time to find my dream abode. -right away, i could tell his priorities were a little unorthodox. -keep going. stop. a little bit down. stop. back up again. is this adequate sunlight for a komodo dragon? -yeah. -sure, i want that discount on car insurance just for owning a home, but i'm not compromising. -you're taking a shower? -water pressure's crucial, scott! it's like they say -- location, location, koi pond. -they don't say that.
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
♪ >> tammy: cries of sexism in the new york gubernatorial race, not about politics but about room temperature. cynthia nixon's team is accusing governor andrew cuomo of being sexist for trying to debate in a
2:49 pm
chilly room when they face off tomorrow night. turns out this is a battle many americans face. it services 43% of coworkers have clashed over being too hot or too cold in the workplace. obviously cynthia nixon is goldilocks. if she can't handle the room temperature, how can she handle being in a variety of different rooms, dealing with politicians et cetera up? greg, i'm sure he might have something to say. >> greg: she wants 76 degrees and a packed? if you take the body heat. it's going to be in the 80s and they are going to despise her. this is a biological difference among many. if you deny it, you are a science denier. we have different metabolic rates. men can handle the cold better. >> brian: women are hotter. >> greg: that will end up somewhere. take it out of context and put it on a blog. >> juan: i think it is good
2:50 pm
news for you, brian. >> tammy: men and women dressed differently in the office. >> dana: i am freezing every day. i give her a tip. in my mug is hot water. >> greg: raum. >> dana: that's a good idea. it's hot water. i hold my cup and it's hot and i don't have to complain too much about how freezing it is. >> brian: it is sexist? >> dana: no, it's not. remember charlie crist and florida? he was going to have a debate. one of the demands is that he had to have a fan at all times. underneath the podium. >> greg: at an odd level. it was the strangest thing. >> dana: it's a strange thing. it's not sexist. it was just a demand. >> juan: is a political reality. the 1960 campaign with nixon and kennedy. they had to debate and nixon starts to pop sweat and he looks terrible on tv.
2:51 pm
he looks like he is fleeing a crime scene. >> tammy: these days, everything has to be sexist. when our argument is women can do what men do but now everything has to be adjusted because we can't handle a room temperature? >> juan: she is saying she wants to eliminate his demand that it be freezing. he has said he likes a cold environment. >> brian: this thing is. you're a boxing fan. if you are the champion, you get to pick the ring? >> juan: she said it's the local cbs affiliate in new york negotiates with him. she wanted several debates. she is getting one debate on his terms. >> tammy: he is leading. he doesn't even need to do it because he's ahead. thank you for man-splaining that for me. i want women to run for office but we don't wanted to be about
2:52 pm
sexism. >> dana: we do wanted to be comfortable. sb 576 isn't even comfortable. >> dana: at 75, i am called. at 76, i am hot. >> greg: do you want to talk about sexism? think about all the men who built buildings. risked their lives. the 1960s and the 1970s. they fell. brooklyn bridge. >> tammy: all the men who made things possible. now women can make it possible too. "one more thing" is up next. ♪ meet george jetson. ♪ ♪ his boy elroy. with instant acceleration,
2:53 pm
electric cars are more fun to drive and more affordable than ever. electric cars are here. plug into the present. you shouldn't be rushed into booking a hotel. with expedia's add-on advantage, booking a flight unlocks discounts on select hotels until the day you leave for your trip. add-on advantage. only when you book with expedia.
2:54 pm
add-on advantage. "have you lost weight?" of course i have- ever since i started renting from national. because national lets me lose the wait at the counter... ...and choose any car in the aisle. and i don't wait when i return, thanks to drop & go. at national, i can lose the wait...and keep it off. looking good, patrick. i know. (vo) go national. go like a pro. i'm ray and i quit smoking with chantix. i tried to quit smoking for years on my own. i couldn't do it. i needed help. for me, chantix worked. it did. chantix, along with support, helps you quit smoking. chantix, without a doubt,
2:55 pm
reduced my urge to smoke. when you try to quit smoking, with or without chantix, you may have nicotine withdrawal symptoms. some people had changes in behavior or thinking, aggression, hostility, agitation, depressed mood, or suicidal thoughts or actions with chantix. serious side effects may include seizures, new or worse heart or blood vessel problems, sleepwalking or allergic and skin reactions which can be life-threatening. stop chantix and get help right away if you have any of these. tell your healthcare provider if you've had depression or other mental health problems. decrease alcohol use while taking chantix. use caution when driving or operating machinery. the most common side effect is nausea. i don't think about cigarettes anymore. talk to your doctor about chantix.
2:56 pm
♪ >> juan: you know what? dreams do come true. sometimes in doubles. that's what happened for sophia sanchez, an 11-year-old awaiting a heart transplant in chicago. she posted a video of her dancing in the hospital. then she asked drake to come visit her and against all odds, he did. >> oh, my god! >> you asked me to come, i'm here.
2:57 pm
>> juan: sophia also asked for a new heart because she was struggling. the second dream also came true. >> you're getting a heart. >> congratulations. >> juan: yesterday, she had the heart implanted and according to her mom, she's doing well. you've got five people here rooting and praying for you. >> greg: if you have me wrong, now i need to find a heart. no one's going to give me a heart. we've got a lot of big news in the brian kilmeade spelling arena, let's go live to tape. >> there's a word that canada has trouble with. it's nilk.
2:58 pm
i saved a headline, appreciate it. >> greg: how nice of him to correct you. >> brian: larry corrected me. >> brian: i know how to spell milk just not in the morning. >> juan: how about potato? >> dana: i will be on tucker carlson tonight, she's a friend of mine, it's a children's book, a chapter book so if you are a little more advanced you might like it, it's about this cat who want to take a stand against bullying.
2:59 pm
check it out. >> brian: my paperback of andrew jackson in new orleans including what other presidents thought of him because he's so controversial today -- it's coming out in october. one in tampa, one of north folk, one in nashville, i want to talk about george washington, thomas jefferson, as well as andrew jackson. so many people have problems with our history, i wanted to have a live event where people can ask questions. >> tammy: for everyone's books and events, you can now get a pumpkin spice latte. i know what fall does not start until the 22nd but already it's out it's their biggest selling drink. i love it as well, normally i like regular coffee but in this case -- >> dana: in 95 degrees heat? >> tammy: they use real pumpkin then you can get a
3:00 pm
pumpkin stone, welcome to fall. enjoy the pumpkin spice latte. >> greg: set your dvrs never miss an episode of the five, special report cap next. >> bret: welcome to a very hot white house north lawn. aiming high, president trump fix picks a fight with the world's largest company. a justice department is grilled about his ties to the author of the trump dossier" the catholic abuse scandal bring down the pulp? this is "special report" ." good evening, i'm bret baier. the president is once again taking on news and social media, if you do a google search on the words of trump and google you get results with words like rage, rig, and conspiracy theor theory. he's not happy with google

140 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on