Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  October 11, 2018 11:00pm-12:00am PDT

11:00 pm
white house today and he had a few words for reporters that had some dumb questions for him. >> did trump fire jeff sessions? >> i'll fire you. >> sean: that's the way press deserves to be treated because they are fake news. we will always be fair and balanced, 25 days until election day. let not your heart be troubled, there she is. laura ingraham is next. >> laura: does he ever take his hat off, kid rock? do you ever wonder what is kid rock without a hat? >> i'm waiting for someone to just go beep beep. i want to do it but fox will get mad at me. >> it was a wild day, but the freedom of thought that no one is going to tell me who to be or how to act, i am my own person,n and i like success. and i want every american to be successful. that part i loved.d. >> laura: a great show tonight, hannity.
11:01 pm
this is "the ingraham angle" tonight from washington. what's behind the left of total rage kanye west?ng in moments my ankle will reveal what they are really frightened of and the leftist mentality is moving from congress and public restaurants to college campuses and even parking lots. i had to, we will talk to victims of the mob mentality, including the friend of susan rice's republican son who was assaulted just days ago. s w her son, not the friend, at a pro kavanaugh rally. plus, did a pair of senate candidates just have their own basket of deplorable's moments? shun spicer and ari fleischer are here to break it all down. he could spell trouble for democrats in two key senate races. but first, the liberals freaktw out as trump reaches out. that's a focus of tonight's angle. it was an amazing moment in the
11:02 pm
oval office today when pop culture icon and rapper extraordinaire kanye west met with president trump before the camera.od he unleashed a ten minute monologue where he tried to explain his love of all things maga. >> they try to scare me to not wear this hat, my own friends. but this hat, it gives me power and away. my dad and my mom separated, so i didn't have a lot of mail energy in my home. it was something about putting this hat on, it made me feel like superman. like when i need it saturday live to improve on or the liberals to improve on, when he don't look good, we don't look good. this is our president. >> laura: sometimes unlikely figures emerge in american history to play important roles. illuminating at times important truths.
11:03 pm
today, kanye west in his own net eccentric way, exposed of the left. the tolerance of the left. they are denunciations of his white house appearance wereit immediate and withering. >> when it comes to issues of kanye west bringing black people to president trump, that's a misnomer. >> it doesn't speak to the diversity or the broad experiences of 40 million black people. >> this is a reality tv show we were watching. >> that was an assault on a white house. >> an assault on our white house? well kanye did use some coarse language that he shouldn't have used, but in other settings liberals would have called that "authentic." he wasn't being his own truth. -- was being his own truth. but if you want to talk about assaults or improprieties in the white house, what about this? or this?
11:04 pm
kanye west is hardly a political philosopher, and i've always believed that entertainers should first entertain and keep their politics separate from end their art. but i cannot remember any artist on the left who was treated with the same vitriol and hatred as kanye west has been subjected to since he announced his support for the president. when katy perry or miley cyrus were headlining hillary clinton, running through dorms to register voters, i don't remember anyone at msnbc or cnn criticizing them for lacking policy experiences. when hillary clinton sat down for an interview with that probing policy maven, mary jay lodge [singing] ♪ it ain't no secret, no secret my friend, you can get killed for living in your american skin ♪ >> laura: is like an old coffee commercial from the 70s.>> and obama was the biggest
11:05 pm
celebrity hound of them all. his relationship with mutual what the celebrities. he was kind of a celebrity and they loved it, and vice versa. and here is the barack and michelle serenading usher in the white house but no impropriety or assault on the white house then. what about beyonce and jay-z? they were in the white house more frequently than the secret service and that was all perfectly acceptable. no policy concerns then. but when it was announced two days back that kanye would be holding a meeting at the white house with trump, all heck broke loose.a >> he is the token of the trump administration. >> kanye is what happens when they don't read. >> black folks are about to trade kanye west in the racial draft, okay. >> kanye is being subjected to the attacks that awaken any
11:06 pm
black conservative who dares to break ranks with the democratic monolith.ar liberals kind of treat these entertainers like pawns who are not allowed to deviate from the leftist groups at all. god protects any hispanic, or or black who breaks ranks and goes their own way politically. remember the scorn that singer harry belafonte heaped on condoleezza rice and colin powell for working for george bush? >> condoleezza rice and: power served for bush because they believe as he does, they embraced the ideology, they embrace appetite. my reference to them as a failed house ladies admit that they were not the masters of their own destiny, although they had the choice to be, and it didn't. >> house slaves, that's really nice. more than 30 years ago a prominent figure in the reagan
11:07 pm
administration argued that that black should cast off conservativism for conservative solutions and summed up how the g.o.p. had lost so much ground. saying democrats smugly assume blacks are monolithic and will by force of circumstances always huddle to the left of the political spectrum. the political right watches this herd mentality and action and, concedes that blacks are monolithic, picks up a few, and wistfully shrugs at the seemingly unbreakable hold of the liberal left of black americans. that official's name was clarence thomas, then chair of the equal opportunity commission. individuals such as theho brilliant conservative economist tom soul were created just because as thomas noted, they refused to give into the occult mentality and childless obedience that hypnotized black americans into mindless political trance. h this is justice thomas in 2007. >> we are here not to be proselytized but to think for
11:08 pm
ourselves. and at bottom, isn't that one of the reasons we love our free society, we get to think for ourselves and make our own decision based on certain principles, and, to make it possible for others to do the same? be one absolutely. i will say that unless he is doing a giant plunking of america, he has guts and gusto. just because he dares to think for himself, think differently. and in his outspoken, over-the-top matter, he is polaroid by the outspoken journalism of course the entertainment industry. he represents a danger to the left because of his huge cultural influence. in moments like this, they are absolutely intolerable.
11:09 pm
and frightening to liberals. >> you know i love you. >> i don't want to put you in that spot. >> i love this guy right here. i love this guy right here. >> laura: could it be that the trump-west show was an indication that the oldop democrats monopoly on black voters is in jeopardy? there are more reasons for the liberals to be concerned. president trump now has a 36 approval rating. some attributed the rise to support from kanye west and of course a historic low unemployment rate in the black community. whatever the cause, whatever the reason, the shifting support among african-americans is very, very significant. democrats cannot win a national election without their huge
11:10 pm
swath of black voters, and perhaps kanye is giving them a reason to look elsewhere for political answers. so next time you hear liberal pundits writing him off as a crazy slave denying lunatic, remember, it's all about the numbers. they have to smear west for fear of black americans following them into the arms of donald trump. and what are the democrats going to do then? and that's the angle. joining me now, it's harris cooper, former counsel to then army. preston mitchum, the young lawyers division and charlie kirk is a founder of the turning point usa. author of the book, campus battlefield. great to have you all on. it's a very interesting day in washington for many reasons. he listened to the angle, do you think that any of this over
11:11 pm
overwrought reaction to kanye west is because the left is worried? let's say it's even 20% support for trump. that's cataclysmic really bad news for democrats.ol >> it absolutely would be bad news. one thing, i certainly won't come on here and pretend as if kanye west is any kind of saving grace. he acted as a child today. he ranted and raved all in the oval office, banging his hand as a child would when they are throwing a temper tantrum. you have to almost read hieroglyphics to understand what he was saying. and i'm proud of anyone who knows the morse code enough to know what he wasen saying. he grandstand did the entire time and pontificated on nothingness. i'm not worried about any african-american approval ratings for trump. president trump will still receive a low amount off african-american supporters.
11:12 pm
>> you actually spent a lot of time with kanye today. i'm wondering what the reaction would be if a white person said that he or she couldn't understand what kanye west had said today in the oval office. if i said that, i couldn't even imagine the people that would come after me. i think people ought to disagree with him, and some black people don't like trump, but he he said some actually interesting things, he was all over the place but, he's not a political person. no more than miley cyrus bumpin and grinding, doing the torque. hillary is the person for you, let me give you the five reasons why, while no one talked about miley. but this is a problem fors liberals. why isn't miley cyrus and matt damon and ben aflac and all the people that showed up, they never worried about policy considerations then. >> celebrity after celebrity has come out and support of the left.
11:13 pm
and we all were supposed to rejoice. we were honored to have them show up and make theirir presentation.or no one asked them, wait a second, you don't have your data right. these points you are making are inaccurate and no one says any of those things.ak we sit back and we clap. when someone like kanye westho says what he says, what he really is doing is, saying to black people, look around and i think for yourself. you can, it's okay. and that is what is the most dangerous of all. >> charlie, i will play something from the oval office that we didn't play earlier. kanye on liberal racism, and, get your reaction. >> one of the moves i love that liberals try to do, the liberals will try to control a black person through the concept of racism because we know that they are very proud. so when i said i like trump, to someone that's a liberal, he
11:14 pm
will say, well he's racist. you think racism can control me? >> i had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with them after this meeting and first of all i think it's unbelievably insulting to say that you know what he was saying. >> i don't. >> he said, i'm defecting from the monolith and you have permission to do the same. it took courage for him to do that because his whole life is about selling albums. his whole life is about popularity and do so many people in the music industry are afraid to do what he did. you should be quite afraid because even if that rasmussen poll is half correct, if donald trump's approval rating is 18, 19 or 20%, the democratic party is done. and kanye west is not even saying vote republican or a vote democrat, he saying, think free. thanks for yourself, think independent. if you look objectively at what the democrat party has done to our inner cities, our urban communities and the black community over the last 60 years, it ravished these communities. high murder rates, crime everywhere.
11:15 pm
he saw in chicago, you did a wonderful special there and there has not been a republicana mayor of chicago since 1931. and yet the black community boats for democrats at a 95% clip. i applaud kanye west for his courage and for standing up, it's not easy to do what he did. >> laura: i have to say i'm not wild on celebrities in politics, i mean i wrote a book called "shut up and sing." i mean, i jokingly told lebron james, shut up and dribble. everyone got all upset. everybody has an opinion, and yet the moment that you pick someone else they are screaming, i'm a victim. no one is a victim. if you want to go out there and call shots at president trump, this guy comes out and he says, i'd like trump. and it's not, i disagree with you, make that argument. but to say he's psychologically inept, he is a mental case, he's dumb, and the word used by two
11:16 pm
black people on set, i mean again, i always say, if a conservative host of any color said anything like that, they be fired. i don't like calling for people to be fired, that's not my thing but the double standard is to me, preston, as just not good. >> one, a couple of things. they should be gone if they were using that word.e we seem to have an issue in this country where, for some reason many white americans think they can use the same exact language against black people that black people can use against black people and it's just not true. and that's never been the case. >> i reject that. >> you can reject it all you want, it doesn't mean it's true. >> so explain what you mean because i'm confused. >> so, if a white person made a call, they should be called for, the firing. the language and the ownershipor allows black people, and and --
11:17 pm
on top of the fact, it seems very interesting to me that we are attempting to make kanye some deity -- >> i didn't say that in my monolog. >> it seems very accurate because in early 2,000, conservatives were not out here saying george bush was not for black people. >> and i made that point the other night. >> so we are being very hypocritical in this room if wet are going to sit here and pretend that kanye west is now a saving grace of our republican party. we might be disparaging them from making similar accusations. >> you are right, i was doing my shut up and sing moment and the reason i'm looking at this issue today is because i think people are desperate for solutions. it doesn't matter whether you are or straight, black or white, people are looking for solutions to heal this country and bring it forward. he spent a lot of time with himy today, i don't know what kind of person he is, i don't want to -- i like to judge people on wo
11:18 pm
they are. we could all hang out and have a drink, but i don't know what he is like. what is he trying to do here. >> someone who has defied the odds, everyone said kanye west, you can't make your own record album. you can never succeed, he defied the odds. but instead, you did not attack his ideas. >> you shouldn't have, you first and foremost resorted to saying i would have to resort to do egyptian hieroglyphics to understand what he's saying. what he said today had more wisdom than barack obama said in eight years. he said, liberals want blacks to vote democrat because they want them for political power, home run. he did an unbelievably, intellectually, i would say grounded critique in his own way against the welfare state. >> he also said he had the righ. to bear arms. >> it's not about republican or
11:19 pm
democrat, it's also about, are we going to be individuals? what he just said denies they are individuals when you claim that black people can use offensive language against other black people, but whites -- said -- you said that a white person said that they should be fired. and that's offensive. >> the liberals have doubleen standards and you have no standards at all. a >> so it's not about republicans and democrats. yet you say it's liberals and conservatives. >> the one thing i want to get out a little bit, and i'm thinking about keeping you all for the full hour because youou guys are so great. and the obama years we had snoop dogg, he's hanging out, o and he's laughing about it. he would say, it was not really presidential, clinton had monica in his side office and had jay-z and beyonce mugging in the situation room, and we can't use a photo because its license. so everyone has the celebrities in and out, trump has one, pretty much one or two
11:20 pm
celebrities. is it lee greenwood around? [laughs] he has a few celebrities, but he can't even have like one celebrity, one african-american celebrity, and that guy had to be destroyed. i just think, what is the bigal deal if kanye west is there? why are liberal so worried about it? >> is in a list artist that's made to a huge family. that's why you see don lemon trying to discredit him. >> laura: kanye made a hit at the kardashians, a nice gesture, like we don't have a lot of male influence. it was like, okay, i'm not going near that. [laughs] final thought. >> if we look at the republican party, and it's funny when we say democrats are a monolith. we all know who the monolith is here. >> all right. i want to have you on for the whole hour but they are telling me i can't do that. for more insight into the mind of president trump andme conservative populism that drove him to office, be sure to pick up a copy of my new book, it's
11:21 pm
in paperback. ck being "busting the barricades." and what's next? whatan about the political ramifications ramifications inside from some folks and kanye's hometown of chicago? that's coming up. place, the xfinity xfi gateway.
11:22 pm
11:23 pm
11:24 pm
and it's strengthened by xfi pods, which plug in to extend the wifi even farther, past anything that stands in its way. ...well almost anything. leave no room behind with xfi pods. simple. easy. awesome. click or visit a retail store today. >> laura: as i noted in the angle, the media are freaking a out over president trump's meeting with kanye west. but we're wondering if it translates into actual votes. here is gianno caldwell and juan williams whose new book, "what the hill do you have to lose" is out now.
11:25 pm
geon l like kanye, you are a chicago native. so what are people saying in chicago about all this tonight? we had our town hall last month and had a lot of fun and really emotional time in chicago. i understand you were able to catch up to some of our friendsp and some of the more difficult areas of south and west side? >> absolutely. i'm surprised -- for a dozen mainstream, there are a lot that would agree with what kanye had to say. the stop and frisk, that's one issue that a lot of chicagoans care about, but certainly this prison reform issue is another big issue. but what i have to say, laura, is, when i read publications today, when i saw what was on social media, email on my own instagram page, i was distressed, i was upset, especially by my friends over at cnn who used the word token. friends of mine who are black conservatives, who get this kind
11:26 pm
of rhetoric thrown at us on a day-to-day basis, you are going to attack someone who, my belief is, whose heart is pure and who want to see the people of chicago helped in the people across the nation helped? you use that kind of language? i have to be honest with you, it was very disturbing. >> laura: the reaction from the media, and some members of the entertainment industry, but mostly the media folks in d.c. and new york was pretty unhinged. we had people using the word and another thing, and neah malika hendrickson is a reporter and she came on right after all of this pretty much wrapped up and she said the following. well, i will read it to you. she said it also speaks to the lack of seriousness that the president looks at african-american issues. it was supposed to be about criminal justice reform and opportunity zones.
11:27 pm
with that, he would think you would want policy experts, she said. people know about these issues and instead, we have jim brown who was basically silent and ons display. and then kanye west who isn't an expert in any of these things. my question is, who is an expert among any of the celebrities that were in and out of the white house during the obama years? >> i think there's a wholeus different context to obama's relationship, to not only the black community but racial issues in the country as a first black president, and the pluses and minuses to be debated. there is -- not only the rhetoric he uses but the substance of his policies with regard to black america. you mentioned criminal justice reform, and that they are working on reducing sentences for nonviolent offenders. then voters depression issues,
11:28 pm
that's large as we approach the midterms this is one of my favorites because i time people say this, half of the americans think trump is a racist. and trump said, what about the low unemployment rate? lowest in history. >> we had major american cities in flames during obama, and why did you have entire buildings on fire, police cars set on fire, violence in baltimore? and you had people in most polls saying the country is divided. the country has been racially hot for some time. >> it has been divided for a while. >> i'm telling you, i don't think there's any doubt about the country a according to the
11:29 pm
polls, they think we have worse race relationships now, they disapprove the president's handling the race a far higher than obama. i said to you, pass the country 11% of republicans. >> you can't answer the question, this is crazy. what did obama do for chicago? >> remember, michelle went there after the shooting of that young woman who came to the white house. >> let me tell you what president obama did for chicago, nothing. and the reason why you did nothing, his pal rahm emanuel was running the city.g so therefore he didn't talk about the issues of chicago. there were people dying in the streets as they are today, and, and they could have done something real for chicago. and you believe that criminal justice reform has gone away, but they've been working on it
11:30 pm
actively. >> let me just quickly say that in fact, the criticism of president obama came from the left, for saying to people including at church services, and black on black crime is our problem. people said why are you lecturing black folks when there is systemic racism? so i don't buy that he did nothing. i think today with kanye west, what you saw was not a message to the black community but a message to trump supporters ahead of the midterms.aw don't worry about the problem of race, i have a black friend. end that's why kanye was a prop. >> so again, what i have to sayy is, when people say he is a a prop or he's stupid, will just go back to the revolving door of celebrity who are making their pitches on a variety of issues to obama, and and the clintons. and this was considered all well
11:31 pm
and good, whether it was george clooney or jay and bay. whoever it was, they did celebrity send-off for the president. that something like the grammy awards. >> let me interject really quickly. >> you distorted so badly. >> i distort? >> let me respond.ho if you look back from eisenhower, ronald reagan, two presidents kennedy and president bush, they had black advisors and latino advisors. there is no such -- i mean, is omarosa another a celebrity? his expert in terms of dealing with race and civil rights issues? >> for you it's now the numbers inside. >> no, it's about people that have established relationships to the black community. >> laura: we got to get her in. >> kanye became very dangerous
11:32 pm
to the folks on the left, and otherwise, when they saw what he did for president trump's polls numbers in the black community, we know that to be a fact. people have been calling kanye west stupid and dumb, but he has done great work. the guy is a billionaire now. and this is somebody who the odds were against him from birt birth. for people to call him stupid and dumb, when i'm not aware of anyone's medical credentials, to say that is just wrong. especially black people on cnn, it's outrageous. >> laura: i wish we had more time tonight. to a democratic senate candidates might be facing their own basket of deplorable's moment. that's coming up next. ♪ ♪ trelegy. the power of 1-2-3 ♪ trelegy 1-2-3 trelegy with trelegy and the power of 1-2-3, i'm breathing better.
11:33 pm
trelegy works 3 ways to... ...open airways,... ...keep them open... ...and reduce inflammation... ...for 24 hours of better breathing. trelegy won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. trelegy is not for asthma. tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. do not take trelegy more than prescribed. trelegy may increase your risk of thrush, pneumonia, and osteoporosis. call your doctor if worsened breathing, chest pain, mouth or tongue swelling,.. ...problems urinating, vision changes, or eye pain occur. think your copd medicine is doing enough? maybe you should think again. ask your doctor about once-daily trelegy and the power of 1-2-3. ♪ trelegy 1-2-3 save at trelegy.com.
11:34 pm
11:35 pm
>> 47% were with him. >> you could put half of trump supporters into what i call the basket of deplorable's.
11:36 pm
>> laura: those two moments caught on camera in 2012 and 2016 became defining moments for to losing candidates. now, to democrat senateem candidates are facing similar issues. for tennessee senate candidate bill bredesen, it happened when his staff dismissed support for brett kavanaugh as a way to fool ignorant tennessee voters. >> will we lose voters? are people going to see the ignorance? >> yes. >> arizona candidate kristen cinema similarly marked her own constituents in a newly unearthed 2011 video. >> arizona is the state of five cs. cattle, copper, citrus, cotton, and climate. and those are the things we make money off of.an we also have a sixth c, called
11:37 pm
crazy. [laughter] because what is happening in my state is pure craziness. >> laura: that was a nice thing she said.ra joining us, secretary for the trump administration, sean spicer and ari fleischer. what are president trump's major advantages over secretary clinton with how out of touch she seemed with ordinary americans? do the senator 's face ordinary risks here given the revelations? >> absolutely.y pro tip, don't call the people you want to elect you crazy. i think kyrsten sinema will find herself on the back end of the wave which will bring marthahi mcsally to the u.s. senate. similarly i think marsha blackburn was and i think that race has opened up for marsha blackburn. i think these two folks needed to pretend they were actually u conservatives and that they have
11:38 pm
championed sort of the issues that they could work with, andav these videos that had both been on earth to proved that they will say whatever they have to say to get into power and yet, they are truly left-wing democrats that will elect chuck schumer and nancy pelosi if they were ever to get to washington. >> authenticity and candidates, sometimes it's hard to find. people kind of sense it though, i think they know it when they see it. trump, with his rough edges and all at times, they think this is a guy that will fight for us, he loves this country and we are with him. we will stay with him because he loves us. they really think he loves them. now what about, especially with arizona. >> you are 100% right. there is a repulsion in this country towards picture-perfect politicians who know how say everything the right way that they don't mean it. so here comes a rough and tough trump, and i think people actually embrace the fact that he is real.
11:39 pm
and that has helped him. in the case of the senate candidates in these very red states, there is a terrible tension that they are suffering from. they want to be more liberal, but they can't be more liberal. and so use here and see things, and they have to come out of the woodwork, and they have to fake it. because they cannot win in a red state otherwise. >> one of the parts of this is, when cinema was saying, there's something wrong in the water, for something wrong with the people, they are called tea party republicans. it's all the same thing, it's called crazy. tll again, more craziness. we talked about kanye west, all the criticism of him, he's crazy, he's stupid, you can't understand him. very little substantiveci dialogue.
11:40 pm
nicole wallace was on msnbc today and we talk about thisbc push to violence and intimidation getting in people's faces, she said something very g interesting about what she encouraged jeb bush to do the debate in the g.o.p. primary during of 2016. let's watch. >> i told jeb bush after that debate that i thought he should have punched him in the face. even though he lost, he insulteb your wife.d i think you should have punched him in the face and gotten out of the race, he would have been a hero. >> laura: she actually told him to do that apparently. t >> i think the problem i have right now is, we've gone from joking about things to actually inciting violence. i know nicole not well but i hope that wasn't in a lighthearted moment. but what i'm continuing to see from the left is whether it's c people getting shot up at a baseball office or assaulting ted cruz and his wife at dinner.
11:41 pm
it's the life left that contino push the envelope in a very dangerous place in this country. i respect the first amendment and i respect our ability to protest, but this is now crossing the line. the left seems to be condoning it and encouraging it in a way that's very dangerous for society. >> i'm not going to let you off the hook. about nicole wallace and punching him in the face. this is wild. what is this? >> it's not wild, it's lost. and that's what donald trump has made people do. people who use to say, there's a limit to where we will go. and that will really hurt the democrats like good people like nicole have lost their way and say things like that. advocating violence, no. sean is 100% right. that was actually an assassination attempt on scores of republicans.ss
11:42 pm
with 200 rounds of ammunition. don't forget the shooting at the family research council or the firebombing of the g.o.p. headquarters. they are actually acts ofct violence, in one of the reasons why i'm so upset about this is because the mainstream media doesn't blow the whistle, they put it on the front page and call them out, they look the other way. >> laura: and, tacitly encouraging it. thank you so much. did you know that susan rice's son is the head of the stanford republicans? and did you know he was reportedly assaulted a recently had a pro and kavanaugh rally? one of his close friends joins us next to detailed example of the leftist violence that ari and sean were talking about, stay there. ♪
11:43 pm
11:44 pm
11:45 pm
give us the work no one else wants to do. we don't just go against the grain. we grow it. give us the frontiers. the places where success is measured in pushed limits. give us the middle of nowhere. where the only map is your buddies' tread marks. this life? no one's born ready for it. ( ♪ ) ( ♪ ) ♪ >> laura: you thought one protester literally >> laura: you thought one protester literally tried to pry open the 13-ton bronze doors of the supreme court, and you thought when antifa took over portland, physically attacking cars, the leftist violence is also spilling onto college
11:46 pm
campuses, impacting our students. the republican son of obama national security advisor susan rice said he was assaulted at stanford university and, an event supporting brett kavanaugh. his best friend who witnessed it, ben esposito, is with used tonight. he is the treasurer of the stanford college republicans. ben, take us through what happened. >> thank you laura, great to be here. we have these events regularly, change my mind events, where we promote conservative views on campus that frankly doesn't have a lot of them.ar we were standing up the other day for due process and during this event, one of the protesters who showed up kind of got upset at john, and showed up and pushed him and hit him and pushed him back. we eventually had to call the police and make sure everything got settled down. >> laura: and it was a woman, i understand? is that right? >> yes. >> laura: are you afraid to
11:47 pm
identify her? >> we've identified her on our facebook, i don't think we need to throw our name out, her name is melinda, but i don't think we need to throw her name out to the masses. she assaulted john and know we are pressing charges for john. >> laura: and so she was upset because you are exercising your first amendment rights? she is a known leftist on campu campus? >> not really. it's kind of crazy, because we do know some prominent and very this is just another person. she was upset with john for filming her ripping these flyers because we are just trying to get these documented. she wasn't happy with that and she attacked him for it. >> laura: was it harder for susan rice's son, given her prominence, for him to be a republican? does he faced more pushback just because of his family lineage?
11:48 pm
>> i think perhaps but i think the reason he pushes -- has pushback anywhere is because he's a conservative on a college campus promoting individual liberty. every day, it's very difficult for students, any students to promote liberalism. the students are expected to conform. >> laura: then, keep doing exactly what you're doing because guess what, there are a lot more students that agree with you and you have to have fun doing it and you have to keep doing it. i went through the same thing at dartmouth, keep doing what you are doing. we salute you and give our best to our pal. and stay safe out there. >> we will keep fighting, thank you. >> and of violence and intimidation apparently falls you to the bar. you are out there having fun and you can't do politics there, either. johnny mckay made headlines yesterday after someone torched his truck because he dared to have a pro-trump sticker on it. johnny, first of all, good to have you with us. is this like a normal occurrence for a trump supporters in
11:49 pm
washington state, which is obviously a very liberal state. what gives here? >> washington is actually more pro-trump than just across the river in portland, so it's very unusual.ve >> laura: so what did the sticker look like? >> i had two stickers. they both were trump 2,020. one said make liberals cry again and the other one said it, keep america great. >> laura: make liberals cry again is really funny, and you have to get me one although i think i will put it on my olderg car. so you came out of the bar, and you left the car there because you stayed there late, and then you came out the next morning, what happened? >> my wife was at work and i was home bored so i went to the bar to have a couple drinks and play some pool. i was only there for an hour and a half, i had four beers and played a couple games of pool and left at 10:300 p.m. i took an uber home because i was feeling it and when i left in the morning, it was gone.
11:50 pm
>> laura: and they found it where? >> in the parking lot. it was completely torched. the thing they didn't like about it because they -- the lady who initially called 911 told the bar owner, it said on the front door, f you trump come on it. but the scorch burnt the other part off and all that was left was the trump part. >> laura: i'm sure it wasn't, we love trump, let us burn your truck. i'm really sorry that happened to you. you can't put a bumper sticker on your car. confuse them next time and havek like, america great and then like, visualize world peace or question authority.re you have to have liberal greenpeace stuff and trump stuff and then they won't know what to do.ty just do that, that will really freak them out, all right? i really hope you get a new truck, i hope insurance covers that. and i will debate a professor
11:51 pm
that says, get this, trumpop immigration policy is the cause of crime. where? in mexico. t stick around. it's okay, doc. give it to me straight. no, you don't understand, i don't know how to say this. i'm just a tv doctor. they also know you should get your annual check-up. it could save your life. schedule a check-up with your doctor, know your four health numbers, and start taking control of your health today. cigna. together, all the way.
11:52 pm
you can do things like change your settings, learn tips and tricks, troubleshoot, and even manage your account.
11:53 pm
finding your xfinity username or wifi password, restarting your equipment, or paying your bill is easier than ever with x1. x1 help. another reason to love x1. say "teach me more" into your voice remote to get started. unstopand it's strengthenedting place, the by xfi pods,gateway.
11:54 pm
which plug in to extend the wifi even farther, past anything that stands in its way. ...well almost anything. leave no room behind with xfi pods. simple. easy. awesome. click or visit a retail store today. >> laura: a policy professor at george mason university is blaming the trumprd administratn for crimes in mexico. what a labbe joins us now to explain. my question is, do you think it's possible that some of the people deported back to mexico or are already committing crimes before they were a bit deported back to mexico? because you are saying deportation policies is making mexico's life force, explain. >> mexico and at the united states because people are very vulnerable and we have
11:55 pm
cartels of the border, operating at the border. h and we have corruption in mexico. when you deport people to the border, they find themselves --t like they want to come back to the united states. they didn't have their family and some of them are forced to participate in criminal activities or some of them want to go to the united states so they hire some smugglers that are in connection with the cartels. >> laura: i understand that, but why is that our problem? >> well, it's not your problem but you might have a problem as well. because you will have more criminal groups operating on the mexican side of the border. and as you know, people are still arriving to the united states, no matter what. >> laura: do you think we should have any borders, really? why have a border at this point? why not just make it all one mexico and the united states, then the cartels would kind of o go out of business because
11:56 pm
people would be all one country. >> i believe that every country has to have a limit, -- >> laura: but if you have a border, and presumably when people don't have permission to be here, then they can be sent home. every country on the face of the planet since people home when they don't have permission, especially if they've committed a crime. then you are subjected to deportation. i think americans don't feel like it's their responsibility to make sure mexico is well. but we want people to be well but don't allow people to cross the border. >> i think b that is true but in the united states could be threatened by more violence at the border. >> laura: will you come back so we can do a really long segment? we would love to have you back. >> yes. >> laura: we will be right back with the last bite.
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
>>
11:59 pm
give us the work no one else wants to do. we don't just go against the grain. we grow it. give us the frontiers. the places where success is measured in pushed limits. give us the middle of nowhere. where the only map is your buddies' tread marks. this life? no one's born ready for it. ( ♪ ) ( ♪ ) . >> hall of famer jim brown at the white house today with the
12:00 am
nfl players taking a knee. >> first of all, i am an american. that flag is my flag. i don't think we should take any in protest but we should be standing up for our flag. >> i could not agreee with you more. "fox news @ night" take it from here they have a big interview with president trump i watched it all. shannon: he could call us again anytime soon. i did not recognize the number when they called. you have to answer it t sometime. thank you very much. the fallout from the oval office is heating up tonight with the encore at

49 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on