Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  November 19, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm PST

2:00 pm
congratulations on your marriage. >> charles: that will do it here. it was a rough day for the markets. dow jones industrial average off. apple led the way on the downside. i will be covering it all and more tomorrow. "making money" at 2:00 p.m. "the five" ." >> greg: i am greg gutfeld with katie pavlich, juan williams, jesse watters. she snorkeled with a macaroni. dana perino. "the five" ." after nearly two weeks of gripes, goodbye, brenda snipes. she resigns after the florida senate race ends. meanwhile, stacey abrams asked the self obsessed knobs of hollywood not to boycott georgia because she lost. some stars have threatened to boycott the state because the vote that made brian kemp the winner still stands. ron perlman, alyssa milano, bradley whitford, georgia is really going to miss you guys. now we know how to keep office
2:01 pm
hollywood crybabies out of our state. win elections. this is a better incentive than lower taxes and safer streets. a vote for a republican means alec baldwin won't punch locals in the face. a vote against the leftist means you'll never run into jim carrey weeping in the park. but clearly this is another tantrum disguised as a principled stand. it's easy to boycott something you don't need. something tells me ms. milano or mr. perlman didn't have lucrative projects lined up in savannah. it's pure destructive selfishness. let's push boycotts that don't affect me that harms the economy that supports millions of middle-class americans. i will just stay in bel air. i still get to a virtual signal on twitter. boycotting a state is an even sadder version of "i'm moving to canada" because even if they sneak into georgia, they would never move to canada. it's far easier to boycott a body of work than a body of land everyone can do it and once they
2:02 pm
start in anything beyond a tweet, georgia is going to exercise their rights too. juan, how can we not please you guys. you didn't get a blue wave, let's face it. close to 40 seats. should be happy. i would be happy. but they are still mad. they are going boycott georgia. >> juan: did you miss chris wallace's interview with donald trump? >> greg: i did. i was out drinking. i was late coming home. >> juan: >> juan: the presidente won, he won the senate. and that's what counts. chris said what about the house? he said no, no, you didn't hear me. we won. we won the sentence. >> greg: he is being an optimist but on the other side the democrats are still mad. they are still angry, even winning that many states. how many governorships? >> juan: you are confusing what happened in georgia. it wasn't the senate seat in
2:03 pm
georgia. it was the governorship. there you see stacey abrams same brian kemp who was also secretary of state somehow managed to push people out. >> greg: what i am saying is you can't win them all, so don't be a sore loser. that's all i'm saying. >> juan: i think that's kind of dirty tactics. >> greg: okay, all right, all right. >> jesse: i like them in the monologue that you too admitted you get facials. >> dana: wanted to ask how you liked the dean paced facial? >> jesse: i usually go with pumpkins by spatial. >> greg: are you going to ms. ms. snipes? >> jesse: she retired. i'm sure she will pop up somewhere on my feet. i will miss her dearly. i think democrats always expect to win. they live in a bubble, a social bubble and the media bubble. they think controlling government as their rightful
2:04 pm
destiny because they believe they are progressives and its progress. also they believe their whole governing philosophy is about controlling government. they are supposed to be in charge and then democrats believe this is life and death. good versus evil. so when they lose, i mean, it's a soul crushing loss. that's why they have to question each loss and say it's illegitimate. it's like therapy for them. most republicans, when they win, democrats don't think they are legitimate at all. if you go back, look at bush in 2000, trump in 2016, look at all the governor walker. they questioned his legitimacy. everything on time there is an excuse from democrats. it's gerrymandering. it's racism. it's sexism. it's the russians. it's voter suppression. hillary clinton, 60 excuses for her loss. so in the grand scheme of things, you look in florida and you think the last couple elections there, you've had tons
2:05 pm
of shenanigans by people like sneaky snipes. ballots were destroyed. ballots were miscounted. they found ballots. things were done in secret, and now judges have to come in and say knock it off. republicans say things are getting fishy. this could be some kind of rod taking place, and then republicans are cast as conspiracy theorists. how dare you question an election. you are not allowed to do that. but if you look at the poll, 67% of democrats, 67% believe that russians tampered with votes to elect donald trump in 2016. that's just false. both were never tampered with. yet two-thirds of democrats believe in that conspiracy. >> greg: not helping that is, this is an interview jake tapper did with ms. abrams about the legitimacy of the election. >> do you think there was deliberate interference in the
2:06 pm
election? >> yes. and i believe it began eight years ago with the systematic disenfranchisement of more than a million voters. >> is he a legitimate governor-elect of georgia? >> he is the person who won an adequate number of votes. speak with you are not using the word legitimate. is he that legitimate governor elective georgia? >> he is the legal governor of georgia. >> dana: "the weekly standard" had an editorial today talking about the claims about that she's making, she says they were happening georgia. if you go through them one by one, they are talking about people who were purged off the voter rolls. 1.5 million. why so many? people who died, moved. if there is a lawsuit in 2015 that meant no one came off the rolls that year so this is the first time you see it. so it looks like it's double. >> greg: this is what is great about dana. i didn't have to read that
2:07 pm
article. >> dana: i am sure jesse read it before i did. i do think -- >> jesse: you bought me the subscription. i love it. >> dana: the president and others who were saying that there was voter fraud in florida and may be in georgia too, that was the suggestion, democrats are saying there is voter suppression. neither are presenting adequate evidence either. i don't know what happens going forward. i do think about someone like brenda snipes. we can make fun of her, whatever. looked like some incompetence but she gets it done in the end and now she's retiring. who is willing to serve their community? these public servants. we have to figure out a way to support them and provide them with what they need on the resources they need or we have to go to the robots. >> greg: the robots. i say the robots. >> katie: did you see the robot anchor that came out in china? it looked a lot like you, greg.
2:08 pm
>> greg: i will take it as a compliment. i am very smooth. >> katie: there are legitimate questions about what happened maybe in georgia but also in florida in terms of the voter rolls not being cleaned up. brenda snipes got sued also for having people who were 114 years old on her rolls, people had left the county come all those things. the follow-up needs to be not just one of appointing someone new, but the secretary of state office especially in florida, broward and palm beach county, pushing them to say 2020 is coming. this type of behavior actually does undermine democracy. we have to make sure things are cleaned up for the presidential election so it doesn't come down to two counties that have repeatedly have problems for a decade making these determinations and questions about where the ballots were found and why they're being transported in private vehicles. >> dana: can i say one of the thing about stacey abrams? she did something pretty remarkable. she's a progressive liberal.
2:09 pm
she came pretty close in georgi georgia. georgia is not going to change overnight, but she says she wants to run again. can she figure out a way, how can she make up those 60,000 votes or whatever it is? can she find 60,000 votes so she can become the legitimate winner. >> greg: she did a nice thing where she said boycotting georgia is stupid. don't do it. she didn't encourage it. >> juan: now you have a runoff or secretary of state in georgia and i think that's really important. even jimmy carter, i guess that doesn't mean much with you guys, but jimmy carter, the former president said that kemp should have never been in charge of the election in which he was competing. >> katie: stacey abrams deserves credit for the job she did and by her saying that it was stolen or that these things happen, she'd delegitimize as all of the hard work she put in on the votes she got.
2:10 pm
>> greg: i would like to put in this may be the last recount segment we doing two years. isn't that great? >> jesse: we still have the caravan. >> greg: three segments on the caravan. democratic congressman making a stunning comment about the government going nuclear on gun owners. see it next on "the five" ." ♪ dad: oh, hey guys! mom (on speakerphone): hi! son (on speakerphone): dad, i two goals today! vo: getting to a comfortable retirement doesn't have to be an uncomfortable thought. see how lincoln can help.
2:11 pm
2:12 pm
being detected was if i was recognized the whole operation was blown. the element of surprise was imperative. wow. he won't even recognize you. seriously. i don't even recognize myself. and thanks to my cashrewards credit card from navy federal with never-expiring rewards it's gonna be a killer honeymoon. woo! maui!! boom navy federal credit union. our members, are the mission. that skills like teamwork, attention to detail, and customer service are critical to business success. like the ones we teach here, every day.
2:13 pm
and cus[ready forngs ]re criticachristmas?ess success. no, it's way too early to be annoyed by christmas. you just need some holiday spirit! that's it! this feud just went mobile. with xfinity xfi you get the best wifi experience at home. and with xfinity mobile, you get the best wireless coverage for your phone. ...you're about to find out! you don't even know where i live... hello! see the grinch in theaters by saying "get grinch tickets"
2:14 pm
into your xfinity x1 voice remote. a guy just dropped this off. he-he-he-he. ♪ >> dana: democrats promising to pass gun-control legislation after retaking the house, and california congressman eric swalwell causing controversy for a response during a twitter battle with a conservative pundit. a second amendment supporter pointed out that swalwell once called for gun owners to surrender their assault weapons. tweeting "it would be a short war, my friend. the government has nukes, i'm sure if we talk we could find common ground to protect our families and communities." swalwell backtracked after getting slammed for his remarks claiming he was just being sarcastic. can we give him a pass on being sarcastic? >> greg: there is no sarcastic
2:15 pm
font on twitter. everybody gets burned on it. i know what he was saying. if you take it as the initial, it's like saying your guns are no match for our nukes but that wasn't really what he was saying. he was saying it's pretty unlikely and armed population would be able -- it's irrelevant in this day and age with nuclear power. in the 1800s, it was. i think that's flawed because no country like the united states would actually use nuclear weapons on a city. they wouldn't do that. >> juan: let's take your argument seriously because i hear this from gun owners who say if i keep my guns, tyranny cannot occur in the usa because we can fight back. forget the nukes stuff which i think what sarcastic and over the top, but the reality is, what a bogus argument. it's not a matter of nukes. the u.s. stockpiling weapons in the number of people in our military is so amazing that some guy who wants to go posse,
2:16 pm
comitatus. >> greg: it's a reminder of what wright protects the other rights. it's the last stand. everybody remembers back in the day people lived in places where they had to protect themselves and that we have more police officers but the fact there there's a feeling this protects. the problem with swalwell is his buyback isn't a buyback of its time to prosecution. it's hard to trust people who play with the linkage. he said that a rifle is more powerful with a pistol grip. it's not more powerful. that makes no sense. >> dana: we can ask katie about that. >> greg: was ironic for me and then i will shut up. people tying criminal prosecution to a buyback if you don't give back the weapons, these are the people who say that prisons are overcrowded. you're going to get rid of a lot of people from prison and packed them in with law-abiding gun owners. >> katie: there are 300 plus
2:17 pm
million guns in america. buybacks are never voluntary. it was the government saying you're going to give us your guns or we are going to prosecute you, that was in australia. juan, you think the argument that having firearms is a deterrent against a tyrannical government is one that may be updated or relevant now. but the entire person purpose of the second amendment for the sa- the second amendment is a right. it's not something you just change based on the times. the idea -- although we have more police officers, more government, in the end of a people have to protect themselves inside their homes. when the government fails like after hurricane katrina and other natural disasters. the idea that just because the government has nukes and can now take on their own people if they feel like it because they are fighting back with her second 11 rights is a little bit hard to swallow when it comes to the original intention of people having firearms to prevent against tyranny.
2:18 pm
>> jesse: i call him general swalwell. >> dana: he might run for president, and that's a hard name. >> jesse: it doesn't roll off the tongue. i think he just nuked his. you can't use a nuke in the civil war. everyone dies and everyone knows that. democrats have a hard time talking about guns. it's like a different language. >> dana: may i interject? michael bloomberg put in a lot of money to candidates talking about, every town, i think it was called. they had an 83% win rate. they won 83% of the races they targeted. virginia, texas, georgia, washington, colorado suburbs, they ran on sensible gun control. i am not defining up that's what they called it, and they won. >> jesse: i'm not sure it can translate that money from bloomberg into yes, let's claim we have a mandate to confiscate guns. i think they probably ran to the
2:19 pm
center, moderates have drawn guns, but the democrats did not put a contract for america out there like newt gingrich did and now same we were given the keys to the house and never going to take away guns and were going to impeach. that's not with the american people sent to you therefore. you won on running that trump is mean to minorities and women and health care, that's why you won. to misinterpret the mandate and go hard left on guns, they are going to hurt themselves. >> greg: if you want to reduce gun violence, you increase the number of police officers and great economy. since 1980, gun homicides have decreased by two-thirds and they have linked it to an increase in police. the calm stat system and it correlates with low unemploymen. a great economy and more police, you have more less violence. buybacks are the worst kind of thing. it is symbolic and not
2:20 pm
practical. >> katie: the people not doing buybacks, both want to do mass harm. the frustration for me is each situation is very different. each circumstance, especially in parkland, we're not holding people accountable who missed all the warning signs. you can implement all the gun control you want. >> juan: we had a terrible shooting in california. the terrible shooting in las vegas. here we have a situation where there's just too many guns. >> katie: so you want confiscation then. is that what you want? >> juan: people who have multiple weapons, semiotic weapons and it's not about defending your home. it's not about forming a militi militia. this is about people who have a fetish about guns. >> katie: i am a person, i'm a person. >> juan: the reason why you see people like bloomberg put
2:21 pm
money in and why it works. most americans and most of the people at this table if they told the truth are for -- >> greg: excuse me. okay. saying too many guns is exactly the mirror image of saying not enough guns. you are at one extreme demonizing the other. >> juan: if you look around the world, other industrialized -- >> greg: we have low rates of violence. >> juan: we have higher rates of gun violence. >> greg: you have to look at the stats. you are conflating suicide with homicide. >> juan: in california. >> katie: i am a person owns firearms in exactly the way you laid out and i think we have a pretty good relationship about who i am as a person. for you to indict people like me all over the country as people who are irresponsible who have fetishes over something that is a constitutional right. >> juan: is a constitutional right out of time. it goes back to the forming of the motion of that i will say the supreme court came down on your side.
2:22 pm
i'm just saying most americans approve a reasonable inhibitions on gun ownership in this countr country. >> greg: how dare you insult fetishes? >> jesse: she has a fetish for the constitution. >> greg: i have a fetish for things i can't talk about. >> dana: on that note, what grade does president trump give himself so far? that's next on "the five" ."
2:23 pm
you could have gone down to the nearby tree lot and picked out a nice little spruce for the holidays... but you've got a ford escape with 4wd, and an example to set. ford escape. built for the holidays. with our best offers of the season. if you're waiting patiently for a liver transplant, it could cost you your life.
2:24 pm
it's time to get out of line with upmc. at upmc, living-donor transplants put you first. so you don't die waiting. upmc does more living-donor liver transplants than any other center in the nation. find out more and get out of line today. our big idaho potato truck and we're going to find it. awe man. always look for the grown in idaho seal.
2:25 pm
so a and as if thatyour brwasn't bad enough,tals it. now your insurance won't replace it outright because of depreciation.
2:26 pm
if your insurance won't replace your car, what good is it? you'd be better off just taking your money and throwing it right into the harbor. i'm regret that. with new car replacement, if your brand-new car gets totaled, liberty mutual will pay the entire value plus depreciation. liberty mutual insurance. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty. ♪ ♪ >> katie: and his rebilling sit down on fox news sunday, president trump credits his tone for his achievements. watch. >> i think that if i was very different, i wouldn't have gotten what we had to get barely got the biggest tax cuts in history. we got anwr approved. we got rid of the individual mandate.
2:27 pm
i got rid of it. everyone said it would be impossible. the regulations. i think if i was more modified, more moderate in that sense, i don't think i would have done half of the things that i was able to get completed. >> katie: jesse, the white house has been able to get a lot done. do you think he's right? could another republican president have gotten as much done if they weren't taking the same tough approach? >> jesse: you don't have to be moderate when you have the house and senate. i think he got a lot done with his tone and is really aggressive approach on trade, isis, north korea and the economy and judges. if you look at the two deficiency the first two years, we saw the wall wasn't built and health care. on health care, he didn't really have his heart in it and he farmed out to congress and they kind of blew it. and then mccain sank it at the end because of a personal vendetta. on the wall, thought he was pretty moderate. he was willing to give millions
2:28 pm
of daca recipients a path to citizenship in exchange for funding and then he had the s-hole country, intend the problem with trump's he has wasted goodwill with the american people in certain circumstances. when the country is not looking for a fighter, when the country is looking for a healer, he says things. whether it's charlottesville or a moment of healing, national disaster, healing, what the country marks, -- the people complaining about his style and tone, this country was going over a cliff. if hillary clinton had been elected president, it would have been 12 years after barack obama with a democrat in the white house enough people are complaining because he kind of were ripped the wheel to the other side.
2:29 pm
>> juan: the country was going for a cliff? vladimir? that's exactly what the russian russians -- >> jesse: what are you talking about russians. >> juan: russian propaganda. three terms of the democratic president. he gives himself an a+. >> katie: let's listen to that that. >> i hate to do it but i will do it. i would give myself an a+. is that enough? can i go higher than that? >> juan: again, it's unbelievable. he's done so much. first of all, a+? after you lose the house, you hear former residents talked about being shellacked. not donald trump. we won, we won. 38% of the american people approve of donald trump. my gosh. he gets an a+?
2:30 pm
that's the real clear politics average. he gives himself an a+ and it's just hyperbole. it plays into this idea that yeah, everything is great with north korea. what did you accomplish with north korea? i think they are building additional -- >> jesse: rockets. >> juan: the greatest economy ever says donald trump. not true says all the fact-checkers. >> katie: how would you rate it? >> greg: this is under the assumption that the media would hate anyone who was in the office other than trump, they would have done this to marco rubio in a second because he's pro-life. they would have ripped him to shreds. the idea that this guy is volatile, no one would have fared well who lost to hillary clinton because it was a kick in the gut to everybody. in negotiation, you stick out a far position and work to the middle.
2:31 pm
that's what you're doing business and he has translated to politics. people aren't used to the extreme positions he takes in order to move back in the middle. he will talk about terror. we kill all their families. that's not what happens but he gets people to think about terror or immigration. he will say something. but now we are all talking and thinking about immigration. the muslim ban, we started talking about an actual practical ban on certain countries that weren't all muslims. most muslim countries weren't. it's like offering $25,000 for a $100,000 plot of land. that's where you start. his opening bid gets everybody in the room's attention and then he works back. is it working? yes. because it's being adopted by the new democrats. aoc as i like to call her. the closest you're going to get to a young drum. >> jesse: who is aoc? >> greg: alexandria. she makes hard-core comments about socialism and she makes
2:32 pm
flubs but she's engaging. >> juan: but she is an extreme in the party. now trump is the party. >> greg: takes a position. >> juan: yesterday he goes after a former seal, 37 years, the men who captured bin laden and said basically it's eight clinton, barack obama supporter. because the man said that the kind of statements trump makes. >> greg: why are you surprised by this? if somebody says something bad about him, he's going to say something bad about him. i have learned to live with that and put that into a box. >> juan: but when he says i don't know who killed jamal khashoggi. he told me despite all the intelligence collected by the cia and everybody else. >> katie: dana, do you want to put things in a box for us? >> dana: lets be practical. greg said he has learned to be able to put it in a box and it doesn't bother him. for other people, it bothers
2:33 pm
them a loft and it's all they think about and they think he is running their lives. so going forward, i know he's got a split congress, so does the tone change? does he figure out a way to stake out a position that gets nancy pelosi to say will meet you there. it's going to be difficult to do and as soon as they start picking on him for all the investigations, he's going to get his backup. does he really want to get criminal justice reform done? i think he does. there is a range but the tone issue was part of what the midterm was about. a midterm is a referendum on the presidency, the president, but an election for president as a choice between two people. so in 2016, that was your choice. the two most unpopular candidates in the history of the country running against each other, he wins. who do they put up in 2020 that can beat him? i don't think it's just a matter of tone. it's going to be about policy as
2:34 pm
well. >> greg: michael moore. >> katie: anger boiling over at the border as tijuana residents clash with the caravan. how president trump is responding. up next. oh! oh! ♪ ozempic®! ♪ (vo) people with type 2 diabetes are excited about the potential of once-weekly ozempic®. in a study with ozempic®, a majority of adults lowered their blood sugar and reached an a1c of less than seven and maintained it. oh! under seven? (vo) and you may lose weight. in the same one-year study, adults lost on average up to 12 pounds. oh! up to 12 pounds? (vo) a two-year study showed that ozempic® does not increase the risk of major cardiovascular events like heart attack, stroke, or death. oh! no increased risk? ♪ ozempic®! ♪ ozempic® should not be the first medicine for treating diabetes, or for people with type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. do not share needles or pens. don't reuse needles. do not take ozempic® if you have a personal or family history
2:35 pm
of medullary thyroid cancer, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2, or if you are allergic to ozempic®. stop taking ozempic® and get medical help right away if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, severe stomach pain, itching, rash, or trouble breathing. serious side effects may happen, including pancreatitis. tell your doctor if you have diabetic retinopathy or vision changes. taking ozempic® with a sulfonylurea or insulin may increase the risk for low blood sugar. common side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, and constipation. some side effects can lead to dehydration, which may worsen kidney problems. i discovered the potential with ozempic®. ♪ oh! oh! oh! ozempic®! ♪ (vo) ask your healthcare provider if ozempic® is right for you. janice, mom told me you bought a house. okay. [ buttons clicking ] [ camera shutter clicks ] so, now that you have a house, you can use homequote explorer. quiet. i'm blasting my quads.
2:36 pm
janice, look. i'm in a meeting. -janice, look. -[ chuckles ] -look, look. -i'm looking. it's easy. you just answer some simple questions online, and you get coverage options to choose from. you're ruining my workout. cycling is my passion.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
♪ >> juan: tensions rising along the border with mexico. angry residents and tijuana clashing with thousands of migrants from the central american caravan entering their city in the hopes of seeking asylum in the usa. >> we don't dislike a certain group of people because they are from one country or another. we are here because our government has not taken control
2:39 pm
of these what we call invasions. >> [speaking spanish] >> juan: the mayor "warning" of a tsunami of nearly 3,000 people that could last six months or more. the mexican government saying that the numbers could swell to as many as 10,000. president trump demanding democrats helped secure the border. katie, the news as we are coming on air tonight was the additional troops sent to the border, they are being pulled back. >> katie: what was the mission? mission was to help build fencing and barbed wire. if you look at the photo of the president sent out, there is razor wire all over tijuana's fence with these people are as a deterrent. we will see what they say about whether the mission was completed or not. i find it interesting that a couple weeks ago everyone was wondering why president trump was talking about the caravan. he is fearmongering because it's so far away. he's talking about it because now it's here and we have a
2:40 pm
bottleneck now of thousands of people waiting around in tijuana stuck there as a result of not listening and going back to their home countries before getting there and claiming asylum. they are processing 100 people per day and there's another caravan behind them of about 10,000 people. if you look at the screen to your left, this is a kind of violence we've been hearing that from president trump but from the senate judiciary committee, reporters who bed inside the caravan to see what's going on. it's coming to a head now and i'm wondering if the people in mexico are going to be accused of racism, like people in america, warning about this type of humanitarian disaster we've been allowed to come in the country or beyond the border as a result of bad policies and laws that congress refuses to change. >> juan: jessica emily of judges, lawsuits being filed about the fact that the immigrants seeking asylum are being directed to ports like tijuana as opposed to being allowed to go to any spot which is what they lot now currently
2:41 pm
says in claim asylum. >> jesse: i haven't heard that. i can't believe how bigoted mexico is. you know, mexico should just be accepting these people. they are fleeing violence and they are mostly women and children. how dare these mexicans treat these people so inhumanely. they should be baking them goods and helping them on their travels. >> juan: jesse, when the president was stirring this fierce storm you said, or maybe it was great, that that if the migrants really were in danger, why don't they accept mexico's deal. mexico said you can stay here. >> jesse: did they? >> greg: and they said no. it is the dumbest thing. driven by activists. they were offered a place to stay and said no, we will keep going. >> jesse: they don't want to stay there. they want to keep going to america. your message was the caravan was going to disappear. once the midterms happened, you said this was a whole fantasy
2:42 pm
and trump was stoking anger from his base to scare people to voting and then all of a sudden people said after the midterms, we wouldn't to hear about the caravan but now that caravan is here and it's real and the people in mexico don't like it. they said i want a president who enforces immigration law, unlike our president is not doing it. they are very dissatisfied and you look at the local reporting, nbc did a very nice job. they said there are people scaring children at schools, doing things i'm not even going to repeat. there begging, drinking, doing drugs, 500 members of the caravan in tijuana are gang members according to the reporter dana had on her show which i watch every day at 2:00 p.m. eastern. don't miss "the briefing." >> juan: now the question before the courts is done violence -- does violence and domestic violence justify claim? >> dana: we have been talking about this for a little while. it will break your heart but that the government is not after
2:43 pm
-- it's one thing if your thing violence. is the government unwilling or unable to protect you? if someone from a syrian refugee might seem, you might feel more sympathetic toward that person then somebody sue fleeing a situation where they just want to have a better job and a chance at a better life. i feel like we should solve a lot of these problems of their sources. there's also two lawsuits happening regarding asylum claims. i would say this to democrats. if the president is still willing to put the deal on the table, take him up on it. >> juan: the one about the wall? >> dana: it was daca and you could figure out other conference of pieces of immigration. the business community wants more legal immigration. i don't think it will hurt your chances in 2020. i think it would be a wash. if they are thinking we can't give him won because it will hurt us politically, they should sweep it aside. america needs to get it done. >> katie: it proves that countries have borders, whether
2:44 pm
you are mexico or the united states. mexico is dealing with the problem of allowing these people to move through her now they have a very serious situation where thousands of people are camped out inside one of their cities in the mayor and the people are saying we just don't have the resources. it's the reality of the situation. >> juan: i think it was driven to tijuana. >> greg: there is an upside to this that we are missing and that's that mexico and america agree on something and it's something that's actually universal. it's human nature to desire a process in order and a border and you do feel a sense of line cutting. especially with something that's politically manufactured, like this caravan, for lack of another phrase. that's why they call it an invasion. there's really no other name for it. the fact is it's human nature to be upset about this and it's not racist. >> jesse: these mexicans are upset that central americans. t.
2:45 pm
>> greg: a very potent human points. >> juan: i don't think it was about race. it was about trump trying to stir up his base. >> jesse: juan, you said it was about race during the entire midterm. >> juan: get ready for a food fight. we are guessing the price of supermarket staples. this. hm! it's like a game! (gasps) woo-hoo! got it! which car should we get? all of 'em! ooh, yeah! that one! this one looks nice. yes, and yes. i like this game. i think we're winning! delivery? where? (doorbell rings) (man) it's here! what? (announcer) save $1,000 from carvana black friday through cyber monday. then go see "ralph breaks the internet," in theatres november 21st. you wouldn't feel good not knowing the price here.
2:46 pm
don't let it happen when you buy your diabetes test strips. with the accu-chek® guide simplepay program, you pay the same low price. all without having to go through insurance. plus, they come in a spill-resistant vial along with a free meter. skip the guessing game and focus on your health. not the cost. make saving simple today at simplepaysaves.com. but allstate helps you. with drivewise. feedback that helps you drive safer. and that can lower your cost now that you know the truth... are you in good hands? not in this house. 'cause that's no so-so family. that's your family. which is why you didn't grab just any cheese. you picked up new kraft expertly paired mozzarella and parmesan for pizzahyeah! kraft. family greatly.
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
♪ >> jesse: back by popular demand, a brand-new edition of supermarket showdown. there it is. best dressed guy in the supermarket. just in time for thanksgiving, battling it out over our favorite thanksgiving dinner items. whoever guesses the closest without going over is the winner. just a reminder: i won last time. and i don't know the answers ahead. first item is a frozen 15-pound turkey. we do not know if it's organic or not. it's just a frozen turkey. everybody right there prices down. >> katie: butter balls are nice.
2:50 pm
"the five" $50? >> jesse: yes. all right, so the winner is... the prices $12.15. >> dana: very good. whoever was underpaid >> greg: wait a second. everybody -- >> greg: i am getting ripped off. >> jesse: i was the closest. 5 pounds of potatoes. i have to erase my other one. 5 pounds of potatoes. everybody write it down. >> greg: i say $4. >> katie: i said $8. >> jesse: 5 pounds of potatoes. the prices.
2:51 pm
$3.70. >> dana: $3.50! >> greg: i was over by 50 cent cent. >> jesse: that was close. greg was in there. >> greg: i drew jesse. >> dana: next one. >> jesse: 14-ounce cranberry sauce. cranberry sauce in a can. what do we say the price is? i am way over. i did $3.99. cranberry sauce. $0.89? are you going the lowest so you win? $1.59. juan. dana and juan are tied for the lead. it is still everybody's game. stove top stuffing. what do we think stove top
2:52 pm
stuffing is? just a box. >> dana: small box. >> jesse: everybody up. >> greg: you can't win now, dana. >> jesse: what does everybody have? $2.89? who wins? juan. oh, my gosh. juan is going to win. dana. >> dana: the pumpkin pie came from new york. >> jesse: the pumpkin pie is local. >> juan: supermarket or bakery? >> jesse: juan, stop asking so many questions. manhattan pumpkin pie. >> greg: i haven't won a single thing. >> dana: $13.50? >> jesse: it is manhattan. $13.99. i didn't win. juan won. williams, congratulations.
2:53 pm
>> dana: does he get to take it home? >> juan: you know what's amazing, i never go in a supermarket anymore. >> dana: but you are really in touch with the iraqi people. >> jesse: dumb luck. >> juan: man of the people. to sign up for new insurance instead? for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise their rates because of their first accident. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty. ♪ . .
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
♪ will. >> greg: it's time for greg's fox news. i would like to congratulate
2:57 pm
fox news on moving to russia. we have a fox news in russia now, check this out. this is at the, i guess this is at a recent moscow metro ride. a russian woman with a pet fox non-chalantly perched on her shoulders raised a couple of eyebrows not many because it is moscow. they usually have if you are fu. it's not covering her body. they have a lot of domesticated red foxs. not the red fox i remember he wasn't sophisticated he had a lot of blue humor. dana, you are next. >> dana: i have a much cuter animal to show you. i believe in giving the people they want on this show. i haven't showed people jasper for a long time. we were reunited. we can go through these a little faster. he slept for two hours and n. all these different positions holding on to me. we had the best time. we went shopping and got some christmas gifts.
2:58 pm
he ate some yogurt out of a club and he fished in a lake and that's all. that's jasper for you. graduate graduate any more -- >> greg: any more pictures? go through it again. >> dana: we were separated for a week. >> very cute. >> juan: over the weekend did i a book signing at the howard university bookstore barnes & noble. i was interviewed by chris steele. that was a treat for me. even though is he a state department diplomat 20 years ago he was a researcher for my thorough good marshall. here i am at the event posters of other authors. and here i am at a table where they surprised me with a display of my other books thank you so much for the folks at howard. if you are looking for a conversation starter this christmas like me and jesse would talk about it for years be sure to pick up a copy of the book. >> jesse: i want to congratulate juan, two men have won the supermarket showcase showdown on the show. so you know what? we are dispelling a lot of
2:59 pm
myths here, william, do you know what i mean? maybe the ladies will win one. not a challenge. it's a fact. do you remember how we were talking about swea swiping your credit card when you are alone to put a fingerprint down to make sure you don't get busted. this happened to a guy. facing 99 years in prison for slicing his girlfriend up with a box cutter. turns out he took a selfie with his mom. ended up getting him off time stamped on the iphone ended up saving his you know what. >> dana: take a lot of selfies. >> there i am. did i not commit a crime while i was taking a selfie. >> greg: that selfie is a crime. katie? >> katie: that was good. okay. wreaths across america thanksgiving week however we are all grateful for our fallen veterans. wreaths across america needs money to put wreaths. sign up to donate or volunteer wreaths across america.
3:00 pm
another thing real quickly parents in the middle of arizona scouting for elk. holding up "the five." everybody here. >> greg: never miss an episode of "the five." "special report" is up next. bret baier. >> bret: thanks, greg. this is a fox news alert. within the past 30 mention authorities in chicago reported active shooter on south side hospital. now they say several people have been wounded in that shooting. a list reportedly including a police officer and a suspect at this hour. senior correspondent mike tobin has the latest breaking news tonight from the scene, good evening, mike. good evening, bret. we have confirmation through mercy hospital the shooting is over. there was a police officer scouring the hallways here at mercy hospital end occasion that they felt the threat was not alleviated but now we have that confirmation through the hospital that the incident here is over. confirmed through

67 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on