Skip to main content

tv   Media Buzz  FOX News  November 25, 2018 8:00am-9:00am PST

8:00 am
sergeant baker, how are you? they were on it. it was unbelievable. having insurance is something everyone needs, but having usaa- now that's a privilege. we're the baker's and we're usaa members for life. usaa. get your insurance quote today. >> our buzz meter, clash over the courts, between john roberts, the president arrives obama judges, all judges are independent. >> this has been years of attacks, individual judges. >> trying to get americans not to trust the judicial branch of our government, never thought i would live to see this day. >> the judges are like everyone else, you're either with him or
8:01 am
against him. >> i don't want to blame donald trump because it was unseemly for the chief justice to go after the president in the first place which is what he did. >> a the president admit most judges usually vote in a partisan way? the media pounding the president over a new york times report that he wanted to order the justice department to prosecute hillary clinton and jim comey. >> >> these are huge banana republic type territory. >> a defining moment in history of the trump presidency. this is a demonstration of his unfitness to be president of the united states, abuse of presidential power, embrace of authoritarianism. >> does that sound like breaking news to you because it isn't, it shouldn't and because we know how the president feels about
8:02 am
hillary and comey and we know hillary committed crimes. it is not even in dispute. >> given the president took no action has coverage on overboard. thunderous media condemnation for backing saudi arabia after his owns cia ordered the -- saver prince ordered the murder of jamal khashoggi. is he ignoring evidence the following past precedent in cooperating with a murderous regime? the next white house correspondents dinner, and offer, not a comedian because last year's train wreck. >> if a tree falls in the woods, how do we act kellyanne conway under that tree? i suggest to give her just steps. >> a safe choice gets the journalism dinner back on track. this is media buzz. ♪
8:03 am
>> a thanksgiving total began when a federal judge in san francisco where the ninth circuit court of appeals is based. to illegally's who cross the southern border. the president lashed out at the ninth circuit. >> you go to the ninth circuit and it is a disgrace and i will put in a major complaint because you cannot win if yes case in the ninth circuit. it is a disgrace, this was an obama judge and it is not going to happen like this anymore. >> the associated press asked for comment? john roberts criticized the president for the first time, we do not have obama judges or trump judges, bush judges or clinton judges. we have an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best. the coverage reached saturation
8:04 am
levels one from fired back calling the ninth circuit very dangerous and unwise. sorry, chief justice john roberts but you do have obama judges with a much different point of view than the people charged with the safety of the country. joining us to analyze coverage, molly hemingway, senior editor of the federalist at a fox news contributor. and washington examiner contributor and democratic state senator and sarah fisher. the press is playing this as a rebuke by the chief justice who publicly tells the president, president obama judges, trump judges, he views judges is independent. >> it was surprising to hear someone say it. the idea we don't have judges who have one particular viewpoint or another is ludicrous. it is why we have these big fights when we have supreme court nominees and it becomes a major issue when people are running for president and the ninth circuit is one which has a tremendous rate of getting
8:05 am
rulings overturned, it is where people shop around to get cases there so they can get overturned because they are known for being so partisan. it was not surprising for him to say. what he was trying to say was ideally we would have a judiciary that was independent but to not deal with the reality of problems in the judiciary is worth commenting. >> there are conservative circuits, like texas for example, to get a favorable ruling but is the press flying into the civic listen version, a hope or idealism that all judges will case-by-case which they say they will do at the confirmation hearing and mostly with some exceptions? >> i agree with molly, the press is buying into this idea that chief roberts is doing something totally unprecedented by calling this out but we know these
8:06 am
judges are humans, they are fought over so they can have their perspectives be represented on the court. they are going a little far here. >> isn't the press pushing back against trump's>> there is legi argument. while i think the overarching issue is one of aspirational about the justice system or the reality, i think the way the media is couching it is in the context that donald trump doesn't have respect for the judicial system, tries to intercede in the judicial system and one thing that struck me about what i will loosely call coverage is the absolute volume of opinion pieces, the new yorker, the hill, telling the american public what to think and how to interpret this issue
8:07 am
and -- my issue is the volume of opinion versus straight coverage on this issue to me was almost lopsided. >> this is come up before but during the campaign donald trump attached to the judge hearing the lawsuit saying mexican american judges, the press indictment is the president doesn't respect the independence of the judiciary. >> many things are worthy of criticism. the issue you can't talk about how we have a judiciary that has political bias. if it were true why do the media always say what a republican nominated judges does something they like, something that wasn't a real issue they wouldn't have need to point out whether he was republican nominated are democrat nominated but they do because we all know it is a significant issue. >> there have been striking number of court rulings against donald trump is what people don't understand is if you are conservative it does appear biased as the president often said, it feels partisan.
8:08 am
>> it will feel partisan but the ninth circuit is more liberal than most. you mentioned the sixth circuit, there is a feeling there but there is also newsworthiness in the sense that when you have the chief justice of the supreme court in a war of words with the president of the united states that is newsworthy regardless of the actual context of judges being politically appointed. >> in the newsworthiness goes on, not much else is going on and there is an above average rate of reversals but there are other circuits that have entirely. the same theme in a different story, the same argument is the independence of the justice department, the new york times story, treated as a huge
8:09 am
bombshell saying donald trump points to unnamed sources familiar with the conversation ordered the white house counsel don mcgann, told the white house counsel, and and james comey, msnbc covered more sparingly, how big a story is this? >> the president is not supposed to be meddling in any affairs of the independent branches of government that is not new which is why the coverage is interesting. we saw him do this on the campaign trail, vowing to break up at&t and time warner's merger which goes to the doj, he tried to undermine amazon through the doj. we have seen him try to use this as a political tool but this is different. it is not a specific case but looking into two individuals for a crime. >> a political rivalry. let me set up a question by calling this greatest hits moment, from the second
8:10 am
presidential debate in 2016. >> if i win i am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. >> it is awfully good that someone with the temperament of donald trump is not in charge of the law in our country. >> because you would be in jail. >> what they are saying is the president didn't do it, didn't take any action. >> the president is the civilian who oversees that, and political accountability because that is a city or police force or whether you're in the country at large. donald trump oversees the justice department. >> he has the power and authority to set goals for the justice department. there is a tradition the president doesn't directly
8:11 am
middle in criminal prosecution. >> he promised he would go after hillary clinton. there are things that should be gone after and he backed off from that as soon as he was elected and this entire story which was sourced to two anonymous people who were supposedly familiar with the conversation is about how he didn't order any prosecution of hillary clinton. and how politicized the justice department had gotten when we have a special counsel going after donald trump, for the crime -- and also excited in this whole thing like rod rosenstein. >> we have the hillary clinton investigation, and false statements and have you seen that with the special counsel where anyone who makes a false statement is charged to the fullest and the justice department that is seen as not political.
8:12 am
>> they are following the letter of the law. >> whether they choose to prosecute or not they should be consistent in how they do it. >> back to times story the white house had no comment, denied that this was fake news. the fact the president didn't do anything may be, according to the story, because don mcgann, white house counsel had white house lawyers write up a memo that there will be by political consequences, if you do this you will be accused of abuse of power and it could lead to impeachment so he did his job as he saw it in protecting the president. >> now don mcgann is gone. >> not suggesting that these -- >> i'm not saying, the absence of that potential check and balance is no longer there and that is significant. one thing i did notice in all this is the issue of the acting
8:13 am
attorney general brought into this matt whitaker and he actually according to these unnamed sources said he was ready to talk about this issue but at the same time wanted to placate trump but didn't want to cross a line. i'm fascinated there is more coverage on matt whitaker in these conversations. >> there's been some critical coverage. some of that will come back and also because the president submitted written answers to mueller's questions and made pretty clear he did not plan to testify in person. does the story in the new york times have more resonance because mueller seems to be wrapping things up and also because of that? >> it does a little bit and back to molly's point the president has time and time again tried to undermine the judicial doj in his away from whether it is tweets etc. when he feels they are encroaching upon the mueller investigation so the timing is important.
8:14 am
>> you say undermine. is entitled to an opinion? >> is entitled to express his opinion but going after the doj which he has brought oversight but it is supposed to be acting independently of him, not something most presidents do. >> as this is heating up, a media uproar over ivanka trump using emails with comparison to hillary that are a little off the mark. when we come back the press unloading on donald trump for sticking with the saudis after new findings in the jamal khashoggi murder. -omar, look. [ thunder rumbles ] omar, check this out. uh, yeah, i was calling to see if you do laser hair removal. for men. notice that my hips are off the ground. [ engine revving ] and then, i'm gonna pike my hips back into downward dog. [ rhythmic tapping ]
8:15 am
hey, the rain stopped. -a bad day on the road still beats a good one off it. -tell me about that dental procedure again! -i can still taste it in my mouth! -progressive helps keep you out there. -i can still taste it in my mouth! (music throughout) psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis, little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not an injection or a cream. it's a pill that treats differently. for psoriasis, 75% clearer skin is achievable, with reduced redness, thickness, and scaliness of plaques.
8:16 am
for psoriatic arthritis, otezla is proven to reduce joint swelling, tenderness, and pain. and the otezla prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't use if you're allergic to otezla. it may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. otezla is associated with an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. upper respiratory tract infection and headache may occur. tell your doctor about your medicines and if you're pregnant or planning to be. otezla. show more of you. this is moving day with the best in-home wifi experience
8:17 am
and millions of wifi hotspots to help you stay connected. and this is moving day with reliable service appointments in a two-hour window so you're up and running in no time. show me decorating shows. this is staying connected with xfinity to make moving... simple. easy. awesome. stay connected while you move with the best wifi experience and two-hour appointment windows. click, call or visit a store today. >> donald trump reclaimed saudi arabia remains a close american ally following the brutal murder of washington post reporter jamal khashoggi after the cia
8:18 am
concluded the killing was ordered by mbs and the crown prince mohammed bin salmon. he wrote there might have been advanced knowledge, maybe he did and maybe he didn't. he was pressed by reporters. >> because it is america first for me. it is all about america first. saudi arabia if we broke with them i think your oil prices would go through the roof. i have kept him down. >> jamal khashoggi was my colleague and my friends. i was shocked to see the president in such a cold-blooded way but his definition of us national interests ahead of values. >> is evil as this kingdom is, the president is right, saudi arabia has now emerged at an important point in history as a partner in the middle east. >> you have written that many in the media misinterpreted donald trump's policy on this because he has moved away from foreign
8:19 am
intervention particularly those based on morality but it is striking to hear him say the crown prince despite cia findings, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. >> we have word of what the findings were because there was an anonymous leak. we don't have anything to point to. there is also the issue of whether the cia should be setting foreign-policy, if they have a good track record of trying to dictate foreign policy in the middle east. the idea they are setting it is one of the areas we saw in media coverage. donald trump has a different foreign-policy than we saw in the republican party and the democratic party over the last few decades. we had this idea with spreading democracy or spreading american values, we would invade countries and they would greet us as liberators and that it would go very well. it didn't go well. we had a bunch of failures, money and lives lost, the american people, we are night is related with that approach.
8:20 am
and an issue in foreign policy. and it is very different. >> i will grant jamal khashoggi got far more coverage because of the washington post connection. but this outes lied about his murder, said he walked out and then said it was a fistfight, a whole litany of lives. trump's cia, he calls and feelings, not findings. the guy running saudi arabia day today ordered his murder. >> is a report you can't help but look at the evidence. and and they are persecuted, we
8:21 am
know they have been lying. in other cases it seems like a gruesome situation, the president is defending someone who lied to the world about the situation. it looks foolish. >> is it fair for the media to say donald trump always sides with saudi oil dollars. there are other things in the complex relationship. >> cnbc made the point this may be more transactional. one of the things he may get out of this is the saudis stepping away from yemen so he might get something out of it but undeniably a trend that warrants coverage, when you saw trump standing next to vladimir putin, we are not sure what our intelligence community and law enforcement says about election interference and obviously his cozy relationship with the leader of north korea, there is
8:22 am
an argument to be made, but is it a step too far? maybe not. this is an intelligence community that went to war with the president several years, politicized the leaking this but not held anyone accountable for it. even though some of these leaks were very bad. >> if you want the president to trust you you should behave in a different way. >> is it fair for the press to jump on trump over this without the hot spotlight on such a high profile murder? also cooperating with saudi arabia? >> we have equally made alliances with people who are very bad, the soviet union committed human atrocities on a scale almost unimaginable. sometimes you do it because you have other interests in mind. it is not good, it is bad. >> arming the afghan against the soviets. >> we got to go. we will see you later in the program. not just republicans and democrats, even independents have a beef with the media.
8:23 am
what if anything have we learned from cnn at legal fight with the white house with jim acosta? george woke up in pain. but he has plans today. hey dad. so he took aleve. if he'd taken tylenol, he'd be stopping for more pills right now. only aleve has the strength to stop tough pain for up to 12 hours with just one pill. aleve. all day strong. whoooo. tripadvisor makes finding your perfect hotel... relaxing! just enter your destination and dates. tripadvisor searches over 200 booking sites... to find the hotel you want for the lowest price. dates. deals. done! that grandpa's nose i can'is performing "flight of the bumblebee?" ♪ no, you goof. i can't believe how easy it was to save hundreds of dollars on my car insurance with geico. nice. i know, right? ♪
8:24 am
[nose plays a jazzy saxophone tune] believe it. geico could save you 15% or more on car insurance. ♪ ♪ ♪
8:25 am
♪ comfort. what we deliver by delivering.
8:26 am
>> the white house wrapped up efforts to revoke democrats's press pass after a federal judge in that lawsuit ordered his credentials restored and then officials reversed themselves and permanently gave them back is hard past louisiana dropped the lawsuit and basked in the outcome. >> i must say this has been a significant victory for cnn and the country. we have now reinforced through the courts. and we are forced the sanctity of the first amendment.
8:27 am
>> every reporter gets one question with follow to the president's discretion and must give up the mic afterwards despite what acosta refused to do it his confrontation was from. this was a symbolic victory for the press because the judge said this wasn't on first amendment grounds, it doesn't he race the widely criticized grandstanding by jim acosta. and it would be encouraging, it would be encouraging of the president and the press were more similar these televised spectacles. when facebook, mark zuckerberg tried to minimize the misconduct. it was days after a new york times investigation found the two holdback crucial infiltration and phony news and hiring a republican pr firm using questionable tactics.
8:28 am
she asked him about the company defining public affairs linking facebook's critics, and anti-semitic groups. >> does that strike you as striking low? >> i wasn't happy about that piece of it. the intention was never to attack an individual. >> they asked for the soros story and sheryl sandberg in direct contradiction of previous denials new about this. some of their work was incorporated to materials presented to me and i received a small number of emails. sandberg said in a blog post taking full responsibility. so much for pleading ignorance. in the same post outgoing space
8:29 am
for -- facebook policy chief defended the tactics and said the firm went too far, quote, i am sorry i let you down, i regret my own failure here. we all regret business failures. on media buzz the next white house correspondent center will not feature a comedian. the last comedian is really ticked off. why everyone, even those in the middle, hate the press these days. frank lutz is in the house.
8:30 am
8:31 am
8:32 am
8:33 am
>> everyone knows most conservatives and liberals are fed up with the media but independents also see the news business as biased. >> i don't think the media treats anything fairly. they are too skewed left and right and don't see anything in the middle. >> i will switch channels, cnn, fox, msnbc and you can sense the slant but that information is helpful. >> the media has an agenda whether it is fox, cnn or whoever. >> here is the veteran republican pollster. they don't seem angry as earlier focus groups but they share a disdain, with the partisan media.
8:34 am
>> there is a deterioration of confidence and trust in our institutions. it is given by politics. this election cycle is one of the worst in negativity that was put together to try to find common ground. that is my mission for 2019, to find a way for people to disagree without the anger or and core, to find areas where we disagree on details. we have to do something, we can't live this way anymore. >> they say it is biased, they cursed me they are not making any distinction between news and opinion. defining each network by their pundits is how it seems to me. >> how can they make a distinct and when those networks including this one, >> when you are special report you are getting a newscast. when you watch prime time you
8:35 am
are getting people who spout opinions, >> it is not supposed to be opinion. it is not clear what you're getting at each specific time. it is confusing but more importantly there's nothing that has the public. that is my goal, in 2019, to go to 50 states in 50 weeks, to show the american people what they themselves are thinking and saying and believing, there are so many shows that have howard kurtz on and sean hannity, and msnbc, we have all the pundits we need. will we never have is the voice of the public. that will begin to change the way we speak to each other. >> if they are fueling anger,
8:36 am
that gets clicks and ratings. isn't that the market at work? are they giving people what they went? >> they have the ability. i had this back and forth with chuck todd, it is the difference between the cable networks and podcast networks, they don't care what each of them think, but only pundits and broadcast networks put someone on the left, it feels this debate, they want the facts and information they deserve and told the truth. they are not getting what they need or deserve. >> you got a wave of positive reaction and loss of faith. >> gives me a headache, too much. >> there was negative reaction. isn't this the guy who works with newt gingrich, suggested
8:37 am
the policies are described with traders? >> those are a joke and i went him, i want the world to know i didn't write that. that came out of gopac and before i met newt gingrich, because of the web and how it works, when one person writes a lie everyone else assumes it is true. >> the republican background and you suggested ways for republicans to win elections, that was your job. >> they made a commitment to do it and they invited voters to sort them out. in politics and justice and the media it is accountability. >> any tactics of your past and are you moving to a different
8:38 am
place to find common ground, that is not a partisan word. >> hard to be a partisan when you see the damage done. i still have my philosophy and believe in a more efficient and effective government and accountability. >> you consider yourself a republican? >> some things they don't believe in. in the inner-city the programs, democratic programs, billions of dollars, have failed. people from good project and good partners, they are listening now. they are making a change republicans need to support. not put yourself out by your bootstraps, if you have no. to do it, it is also not spending billions of dollars to make a change in won't work. if you want to repudiate that, it does not work.
8:39 am
>> donald trump, this president, say to me i don't know whether i'm still republican. >> i don't like the tone and demeanor of either of them. they both live to fight against each other and what they should be at the convention is the best comments trump made in 2016, i will be your voice. that is what the american people are watching. i want to bring that voice to television in all 50 states and i'm desperate for politicians who instead of speaking their own words speak the words of the american people. >> don't like you are becoming an independent without using those words but appreciate the candid conversation, thanks for being here. the flap over of emails and payback time for supporters. the featured guest is an actual journalist. donald trump says i might attend. people tell me all the time i have the craziest job,
8:40 am
the riskiest job. the consequences underwater can escalate quickly. the next thing i know, she swam off with the camera. it's like, hey, thats mine! i want to keep doing what i love. that's the retirement plan. with my annuity i know there's a guarantee. annuities can provide protected income for life. learn more at retireyourrisk.org
8:41 am
annuities can provide protected income for life. ♪ you think you've seen everything? ♪ let's talk about that when you get here. ♪
8:42 am
the united states virgin islands. mauntil i held her.diabetes wasn't my top priority. i found my tresiba® reason. now i'm doing more to lower my a1c. once daily tresiba® controls blood sugar for 24 hours for powerful a1c reduction. tresiba® is a long-acting insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with diabetes. don't use tresiba® to treat diabetic ketoacidosis, during episodes of low blood sugar, or if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. don't share needles or insulin pens. don't reuse needles. the most common side effect is low blood sugar, which may cause dizziness, sweating, confusion, and headache. check your blood sugar. low blood sugar can be serious and may be life-threatening. injection site reactions may occur. tell your prescriber about all medicines you take and all your medical conditions. taking tzds with insulins like tresiba® may cause serious side effects like heart failure. your insulin dose shouldn't be changed without asking your prescriber. get medical help right away if you have trouble breathing,
8:43 am
fast heartbeat, extreme drowsiness, swelling of your face, tongue or throat, dizziness or confusion. i found my tresiba® reason. find yours. ask your diabetes care specialist about tresiba®. >> the washington post story on ivanka trump carried echoes of the hillary clinton skill but they acknowledged some serious differences thing the president's are send hundreds of emails last year from a private account, not a private server, which she blamed on not being fully briefed. the stills with official business 100 times was reported
8:44 am
asked her father about the possible house investigation. >> would you let ivanka be interviewed? >> ivanka can handle herself. there was no deletion, unlike hillary clinton who deleted 33,000 emails. unlikely clinton who had a server in the basement. this with early on when she came in. these were not classified unlike hillary clinton's calls were classified and it is all fake news. >> pundits especially on msnbc and cnn were highly critical. >> may be ivanka trump was asleep during her father's entire campaign or never believes he would win because what is really incredible about the story isn't what sounds to me like something like a misdemeanor offense but her father having made this a central issue of the campaign for president. >> ivanka trump used the emails only for scheduling purposes.
8:45 am
there was no classified material. the emails were preserved. it is a nonissue, partisan bickering. >> joining us from chicago is carly shimkus for fox news headlines on serious xm. it seems clear ivanka trump made a mistake in the press is being highly skeptical of her explanation. >> critics will call the president a hypocrite on this and when i saw the headline i was thinking out of all the things, how could ivanka trump go down this road and make this mistake but the president did a good job pointing out major differences. hillary clinton should have known better, ivanka trump, none were classified and all have been officially reported. at the same time this was such a major focus of donald trump's
8:46 am
2016 campaign you would think ivanka trump would have known better. is this embarrassing? it is. is it a major national security scandal? i don't think it rises to that level. >> hillary clinton did this for four years as secretary of state but did the washington post and the rest of the media make clear there were huge significant differences as you just indicated between ivanka's situation and self-inflicted mess that plagued hillary clinton's campaign? >> if you read the washington post article it is all the information is in there but the headline catches people's i and that makes it seem more similar. it was a fair and honest headline but the nature of the headline became a top trending topic on twitter and all the mockery came rolling in reserve to that level of attention.
8:47 am
like you said they are not entirely similar. >> let's turn to the white house correspondents dinner, i'm going to play a clip here. the speaker is going to be a journalist, of hamilton biography. >> hamilton would fit uncomfortably into an era of soundbites, he was very rational, deeply intellectual in principle. >> is the featured guest last year, michelle wolf, >> i like sarah, she is very resourceful. but she burns fat, and she uses that to create a perfect smoking gun.
8:48 am
>> the white house correspondents association, a bunch of cowards. >> it is not a walk in the park for the president. when the white house correspondents association president came out, and in the context of american history. the initial moment is the president's ongoing war with the media. and the important of the first amendment, and even if it is, you are not going to have -- bitingly personal jokes, the president referenced that saying michelle wolf bomb so badly last year or maybe i will go to the dinner.
8:49 am
>> it is regardless how the speech turns out, it will ever the temperature because it will not be so highly critical in terms of mocking people. and for the sake of stability it was the right call, and at the same time it is a self-indulgent affair, a parody of itself. thanks so much. after the break, a vast number of democrats, huge number of democrats and they seem to generate headlines for pondering the campaign. [ phone rings ] what?!
8:50 am
8:51 am
ready for christmas? no, it's way too early to be annoyed by christmas. you just need some holiday spirit! that's it! this feud just went mobile. with xfinity xfi you get the best wifi experience at home. and with xfinity mobile, you get the best wireless coverage for your phone. ...you're about to find out! you don't even know where i live... hello! see the grinch in theaters by saying "get grinch tickets" into your xfinity x1 voice remote. a guy just dropped this off. he-he-he-he.
8:52 am
this is moving day with the best in-home wifi experience and millions of wifi hotspots to help you stay connected. and this is moving day with reliable service appointments in a two-hour window so you're up and running in no time. show me decorating shows. this is staying connected with xfinity to make moving... simple. easy. awesome. stay connected while you move with the best wifi experience and two-hour appointment windows. click, call or visit a store today.
8:53 am
>> respiratory the democrats thinking of running for president were thinking they might or not denying get. we are back with molly hemingway. some of these democrats will run in some won't. a headline by possibly considering the race. why is that? >> it is always an easy way to get headlines. this year it is easier than in previous years because there is disarray in the democratic party. we don't know if the moderates will beat the progressives. you are seeing internal battles being waged in different ways including trying to generate excitement about president to run. >> some relying before the midterms. i never would have heard about this, then considering it. new york times, sherrod brown says he's ruffled and unvarnished with sweatshirts.
8:54 am
and boston globe, and beto iraq. >> the media putting the scale for different candidates rather than, sherrod brown is getting excited from out there. >> you see how much they favored barack obama over hillary clinton, they were very excited to cover donald trump. they want to cover things fairly down the middle, not the one particular candidate. >> what about longshots, marion williamson, and the hollywood communities visiting iowa.
8:55 am
>> they didn't understand the trump movement. we can't count anything out. it shows they don't understand what the deal was if they were thinking of literally anybody might be able to win the nomination. >> i don't have time to list all the names of democrats, corey and more established people like joe biden, bernie sanders, john hickinlooper and michael avenatti who had legal problems and hillary. is it the fact that trump won and nobody thought he would win so anybody thinks they can run and when? the media are also, have so many political quarters, this is the off-season for them. >> an easy way to get in with the candidate doing favorable coverage.
8:56 am
>> nothing to do with the nomination of the republican side, the democratic field is so constrained, clear the party was trying to enforce hillary clinton over the other people running and there is a realistic understanding that wasn't healthy on the media side or the political side. >> we love wide-open races because more candidates to cover, more profiles, expense accounts and so forth. everybody is happy. that is it for this edition of media buzz. i am howard kurtz. took my new podcast, molly is on sometimes, we kick around the most fascinating stories, you can subscribe on google play, and we hope you will like our facebook page. original videos and we continue the conversation on twitter at howard kurtz as well. really enjoyed the chance to talk about these hot issues. thanks giving is not slow and a holiday weekend, not in the
8:57 am
trump era. and not really a republican. and why go that far? we are out of plugs. see you back here at 11:00 eastern. y dad. so he took aleve. if he'd taken tylenol, he'd be stopping for more pills right now. only aleve has the strength to stop tough pain for up to 12 hours with just one pill. aleve. all day strong.
8:58 am
8:59 am
aleve. all day strong. (music throughout)
9:00 am
>> the mexican government disputing reports it reached a deal with the trump administration requiring asylum-seekers to wait on the mexican side of the border as they go through the court system as donald trump take a hard line stance on the issue saying no migrants will be released into the us until their claims are processed. welcome to america's news headquarters. >> thank you for joining us. the president doubling down on

50 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on