Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 3, 2019 2:00pm-3:00pm PST

2:00 pm
live" as we pick apart a shutdown that will probably be going on. all over funding that the president says is necessary and needed an important now. that does it for us. here's "the five" ." ♪ >> jesse: i am jesse watters with dan bongino, marie harf, kennedy and greg. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five" ." fox news alert. president trump raising the stakes in the stand of overbuilding the border wall during day 13 of the government shutdown. the president appearing in the white house press briefing room surrounded by immigration and law enforcement officials to say he's not backing down. >> we need protection in our country. we are going to make it good. the people of our country want it. i have never had so much support
2:01 pm
as i have in the last week. over my stance for border security, firm border control, and for frankly the wall or the barrier. i've never had anything like it in terms of calls coming in, in terms of people writing in and tweeting and doing whatever they have to do. i've never had this much support. >> jesse: those officials supporting the residents call for more border security. >> anywhere you look where we have built walls, they have worked. they have been an absolute necessity for border patrol agents in securing the border. >> you've got to ask yourself this question. if i come to your home, do you want me to knock on the front door or do you want me to climb through that window? speak of these criminal aliens have been released from jail, deported, will come back to the united states. we had a physical barrier, if we had a wall, we will be able to stop it.
2:02 pm
>> jesse: the stalemate over money for the border wall set to intensify with democrats retaking control of the house. nancy pelosi is promising to put pressure on president trump and republicans after reclaiming the gavel and the speakership just hours ago. pelosi is also insisting she's not budging on coughing up money for the wall. >> are you willing to come up and give him some of this money for the wall because apparently that is the sticking point? >> no, nothing for the wall. there is no amount of persuasion he can do to say to us we want you to do something that is not effective, that cost billions of dollars. >> jesse: this comes as president trump invites congressional leaders back to the white house tomorrow for more shutdown talks after a contentious briefing on border security yesterday. dan, on a day when all of the attention was on nancy pelosi, speaker pelosi, a big ceremony and the nightly newscasts were going to lead with it, the president comes in and holds this big press briefing
2:03 pm
surrounded by i.c.e. agents and border patrol agents and kind of stole her thunder a little bit. i thought it was pretty effective. >> dan: i think the g.o.p. has generally had a problem that with the message but with messaging. the general idea of low taxes, border security, health care, freedom and choice resonates with the majority of americans. the problem is our messaging is terrible. we never managed to fit things on a wheaties box. we go to a methadone clinic and we are talking about 401(k)s. we have never been able to state as easily as trump. this is about border security. that this method right now. it's clear. he is a master at taking over the microphone and he just did it again in this press conference. it was brilliant. be snappy, get off the stage. >> jesse: tonight's response to speaker pelosi who has been saying for almost a year that walls don't work any of people on the border, experts who have done this several life saying everywhere we have put a barrier, they have stuffed illegal immigration. >> marie: you have other experts who say we don't need the kind of while donald trump is talking about.
2:04 pm
we need something in the middle. there's a whole list. will hurd, congressman from texas. >> jesse: cia guy? >> marie: he's a republican member of congress from texas who said the most costly, least effective way to do border security. >> jesse: i don't believe that at all. >> marie: okay, well, it's true. donald trump didn't hold up press conference. he didn't take any questions. >> jesse: i thought that was smart. he takes questions and then stepped on the message. >> marie: that's true. first, you have you have the first republican senator today, cory gardner from colorado, come on say the government should reopen with no wall funding. there are senators on the republican side who are vulnerable here who may decide that they will vote for something the house passes with no wall funding. this is a numbers game for the president at this point. the other point i would make is that a lot of people in cable punditry, including myself, have started talking about this daca for awol funding swap. my question is, is that even
2:05 pm
being talked about inside the negotiating room? you don't hear about it from trump or the white house. you don't hear about it from pelosi. they are in their corners and we are talking about a possible compromise, but are they? >> jesse: what's happening inside negotiating room the other day, kirstjen nielsen, department of homeland security secretary started talking about facts and figures then chuck and nancy cut her off. i thought that was really mean. >> kennedy: according to one white house source, chuck said you should interrupt her. she was presenting data. she was presenting her case. speaker pelosi says the president is allergic to data and facts. clearly this is an allergy or an affliction that is spreading to both parties. that's why we are at an impasse. i don't hear nancy pelosi talking about what the house can do in terms of immigration. everyone is hung up on the wall. they are hung up on the four-letter word and they can't
2:06 pm
get past it. meanwhile they have a bunch of people who aren't collecting paychecks, others who aren't going to work on those who are caught in the middle trying to work in this country. by some, they are being demonized. my question is what if the wall doesn't work? the greatest correlation between immigration in this country and when it proliferates is when the economy is doing really well. right now the economy is doing really well. you also have a lot of illegal immigration. >> dan: you generally believe in facts and data, right? >> kennedy: i love it so much. >> dan: a correlation between construction and walls in the decreasing and illegal immigration trafficking and drug trafficking. >> jesse: the president just went to instagram and i think released a meme. the wall is coming. that is from "game of thrones." let's go to greg for the big picture. >> greg: that is the big picture. it's a big picture.
2:07 pm
you know, i looked at it -- as part of the media, we are living in donald trump's restaurant. around 4:30, he says there's not enough trump on your pizza. there's not enough trump in your soup so he comes out and puts more trump on your plate, which is what he did, it helps galvanize the media and everyone reacts, responds. the real threat to security is a rhetorical device: conflation. if you think about the four areas of security, border, terror, crime, and let's say home protection -- guns. those are the four areas. in each case, there is the device that's used to prevent any kind of improvements in that area, its conflation. immigration, conflate illegal immigration with legal immigration, you can't get a wall. with terror, if you conflate religion with extremism, you get islamaphobia. that prevents any movement in
2:08 pm
the anti-terror world. if you look at policing, you conflate law and order with racism, right? police brutality, police shootings. when you look at the second amendment, you conflate gun crime with gun ownership. this is a tactic used by the left that's effective in every area of security. it's probably most glaring here because we see that they both agree on the same thing. they both want border protection, but one won't budge because they are conflating it with bigotry. it's like you want a wall? you don't like brown people. that's what it is. you don't like the people. no, actually if you ask hispanics here, they would agree that they believe insecurity too. that conflation is what is destroying every debate. >> jesse: you say that the democrats and the republicans agree they both want border security. i'm not so sure the democrats want 100% -- >> greg: we have proof.
2:09 pm
we have them saying it. >> jesse: just because they say it doesn't mean it's true. >> kennedy: that's my question and i want someone to pose that to chuck schumer. why was it okay in 2006 but not now? $46 billion for the kind of border security that everyone is talking about 13 years ago now but you are not okay. what has changed? >> jesse: if you are a reporter on capitol hill, take that question from kennedy and ask crying chuck schumer. maybe we can get an answer and find out the truth. >> marie: i was going to say what has changed from the senate bill under the last congress that had no wall funding. >> jesse: caravans of people throwing rocks at border agents. president trump standing firm on this call for a border wall. more on his surprise press briefing next.
2:10 pm
ultimate feast time it'sat red lobster.r own
2:11 pm
pick four of ten favorites to create the ultimate feast you've been dreaming of. like lobster mac & cheese. or tender snow crab. so hurry in before new create your own ultimate feast ends. whoooo. did you know the exact same hotel room... ...can have many different prices?
2:12 pm
that's why tripadvisor searches over 200 booking sites to find the lowest price on the hotel you want. your perfect hotel room for the perfect price! not having a good breakfast can make you feel like your day never started. get going with carnation breakfast essentials®. it has protein, plus 21 vitamins and minerals including calcium and vitamin d, to help your family be their best. carnation breakfast essentials®.
2:13 pm
>> dan: president trump appearing in the white house briefing room to tell democrats he's not backing down over the fight over the border wall. he posted a meme on instagram saying "the wall is coming." i love it. the president's new push for
2:14 pm
increased border security comes as california is coming under fire for its sanctuary laws. the illegal immigrant with a criminal record accused of killing a california police officer last week has now been charged with murder. the county sheriff and police chief in charge of blasting laws, preventing that suspect of being deported to mexico before slaying officer ronil singh. >> are we allowing criminal illegal aliens into this country and why isn't there any political interference in the first place in our ability to protect our communities and to have a communication or at least work with i.c.e.? >> you couldn't scripted any more political. you have an illegal immigrant we are talking about but i want everyone to remember the family, what this man came here to do. >> dan: jesse, you see that picture of officer singh with his beautiful wife and child and it's tough. it's tough to take, having been a former cop myself on having
2:15 pm
less people in the precinct. it's real. you stood next to these guys and one day you show up for work and they are just not there. it literally over. you can get it out of your head, like this child will never have their father again. on sanctuary city laws, i get it. the illegal immigrants that come to this country and broke the law, many will not go on to commit other crimes. but 100% did break the law and should not have been here and if we effectively secured our border, this child would have their father. >> jesse: that's true. he came here from mexico, was busted twice for dui, didn't have any idea, didn't have any insurance, he had gang affiliations, multiple aliases. in madera county, they have an unspoken sanctuary policy. i.c.e. was never contacted because these weren't felonies. they were misdemeanors. so when something like this happens, it's heart-wrenching. and there is not the outpouring of emotion when an american
2:16 pm
police officer is killed by an illegal alien criminal. but there's this huge outpouring of emotion when a woman, a migrant in the caravan, is tear gas. one is dead and the other is teargas. this country focuses on this woman at the border with her kid and she's held out to be this big hero, and an actual hero right now is now dead. the reason the sanctuary city policies continue to happen is because these open border politicians are protected by the open borders media. they should have reporters knocking down the door of the governor of california asking for accountability. they should have people out on the street saying why is this happening? instead, this guy is not on the cover of "time" magazine. the mother with a daughter is on the cover of "time" magazine. as long as they are not held accountable, they feel emboldened and these dangerous policies are allowed to continue. >> dan: greg, what's always irked me is regarding sanctuary city laws, when you have this
2:17 pm
debate with democrats and liberals, you asked them what other laws in the united states army not obligated to follow? i hate obamacare. it sucks. do i get to ignore it? no, obamacare is the law of the land. this debate never made sense to me. where is it so unprincipled by democrats not just change it legislatively and say ignore it. >> greg: i want a sanctuary city where i don't have to wear pants, but it's not going to happen. >> jesse: i would file a suit against it. >> greg: this is a sad, tragic lesson in the dangers of value-free virtue signaling. the sanctuary city is a virtue signal for politicians and the media in which the victim isn't them. it's always somebody else. they can proclaim how great a sanctuary city is because it doesn't really affect them. they are not on the front lines knocking on doors like a police
2:18 pm
officer who is who has to pay the price. if you bring up that stat that rates of crime are higher among citizens than illegal immigrants, i would be inclined to believe it. i go back and forth. i've said this before. heart disease kills more than cancer but people still die from cancer. we can handle both kinds of threats. you can say, this is why the argument fails. you say citizens commit more crime. this citizen student killed a police officer, so we should be focusing on that primarily. the rage is legitimate because it was totally preventable. it was preventable because there is a system in place that allowed for it to happen that shouldn't have been there, sanctuary cities. >> marie: these sanctuary city laws, the trump administration has tried to take federal funding away from these cities. it is still working its way through the legal system. there are legal questions about the laws and hopefully the judicial system will work some of that out. jesse, i said this last week because i think someone else brought up a similar point. the fact that congress has
2:19 pm
failed to fix our immigration system has led to so many tragedies. it's led to this police officer. it has led to kate steinle. it's like the kids who come here and in custody of diseases they did not have -- they didn't show signs of when they went into custody. >> greg: both parents use them in order to get here. >> marie: because we have a broken immigration system. >> greg: they were incentivized. >> marie: because congress has failed to fix this system, they have not done their job, there are tragedies that so many levels. there are human tragedies and a humanitarian crisis of the border and congress needs to reopen the government, however they can figure out how to do it, and then tackle this problem. these tragedies keep happening. the fact that people are willing to come to the united states to cross and very difficult, dangerous situations to present themselves because they want a better life here but they don't feel like there's a system to do
2:20 pm
that, this has created tragedies on many, many levels. >> greg: the parents were both made to believe this would help them if they brought their chil child. we have activists in the media who basically encouraged the caravan. >> marie: legally it does. >> dan: why are these crimes always discussed in terms of the impact on the illegal immigrant, not the actual victim. if you are burglarizing our house, you're worried about the victim, not the guy who committed the crime. why is illegal immigration talked about the people here illegally. >> kennedy: some in law enforcement will save we can't demonized internet communities because we need their help solving crimes. at the l.a.p.d., there will people who were activists against illegal immigration who were appealing to l.a.p.d. to get rid of it that they say it helps solve crimes. >> dan: isn't demonizing them to call them out for breaking the law? >> kennedy: the worry is if
2:21 pm
you say law enforcement has to report i.c.e. anyone who is here illegally, even for misdemeanors, their worries that law enforcement is going to target immigrant communities and arrest people for petty crimes and then deport them or have them over to ic. this is the problem i see at the table. everyone here is laying out the case why government has failed over and over and over again whether there is not enough security at the border to there's too much chaos and people are dying. the solution from everyone from different angles is to throw more government at bad government. that is something i just don't understand. >> dan: i agree with you. it's a brand-new year but the left is unleashing the same unhinged attack against president trump. see it next. what?! -welcome. -[ gasps ] a bigger room?! -how many of you use car insurance?
2:22 pm
-oh. -well, what if i showed you this? -[ laughing ] ho-ho-ho! -wow. -it's a computer. -we compare rates to help you get the price and coverage that's right for you. -that's amazing! the only thing that would make this better is if my mom were here. what?! an unexpected ending! is if my mom were here. when heartburn hits... fight back fast with tums smoothies. it neutralizes stomach acid at the source. tum tum tum tum tums... smoothies... ...and introducing new tums sugar-free. the best simple salad ever?d great tasting, heart-healthy california walnuts. so simple, so good. get the recipes at walnuts.org.
2:23 pm
i'm just an average guy. do i really need it? all of us leave final expenses: funeral costs, medical bills, and other debts. in fact, the average funeral alone is between $8,000 and $9,000. with no insurance, your loved ones could be left with the bill and no one wants that. will i have to go through a medical exam, only to be told that i don't qualify? not when you apply for final expense life insurance with guaranteed acceptance, from john hancock. there are no medical questions or exams. if you're age 60 to 80, you can't be turned down. acceptance is guaranteed. i'm on a fixed income. how can i afford life insurance?
2:24 pm
rates start around $13 a month, and policies range from two thousand to twenty thousand dollars. so you can select the best fit for your needs and budget. you can even choose how and how often, to make payments. and it's easy to budget for, because your payments never go up and your coverage never goes down, for as long as you live. how do i know that the money will be there when my family needs it? for more than 150 years, john hancock has helped meet the needs of more than 18 million customers. so you can be confident that they'll be there for your family. isn't there an insurance policy that gives you more for your money? you can enjoy healthy-living discounts, rewards, tools and motivation with the exclusive john hancock vitality program. and you say it's easy? you don't have to answer health questions, or take a medical exam. you can apply online or by phone in minutes. what could be easier? well then, i guess i have no more questions.
2:25 pm
♪ ♪
2:26 pm
>> kennedy: welcome back. the far left is taking off and new year with the same old rhetoric. we are only three days into 2019 and here are some of the most outrageous attacks on republicans and president trump. watch. >> my new year's resolution is to make sure that the republican party dies. >> americans elected and authoritarian, anti-immigrant, racist strongman to the nation's highest office. much like hitler took over the nazi party, trump has taken over the republican party. >> the lying continues. his base apparently still doesn't care. he lives right to their faces. >> kennedy: interesting. did bob iver have to apologize to disney shareholders for joy behar or president trump? >> jesse: i won't ever speak ill of joy because when i am on "the view" to talk about my book. >> greg: what is your book
2:27 pm
called? >> jesse: "rising waters," coming to a bookstore near you. we are looking for a ghostwriter. >> greg: you can preorder on amazon for 2023. >> jesse: it's a great example of media bias. if someone on fox news has said the democratic party should die, goodbye. >> greg: someone has come i'm sure. [laughter] >> kennedy: people you don't see who used to be pretty regular contributors. >> jesse: that's why you don't see them anymore. i have to say something about hank johnson. he combined a hitler gaff with a deplorable gaff. he calls trump voters old, alcoholic racists. that's about 60 million. he also believed -- what was the island that was going to capsize because of overpopulation? >> dan: did you see the general when he said that at the briefing? >> jesse: not the smartest guy. >> kennedy: i think it's rid
2:28 pm
wonderful. people are still spouting platitudes and they are upset about the -- they should focus on a good message. not just the republican party should die. i live in a bubble. >> marie: jane curtin doesn't rub it on the democratic party. i literally have not heard of her in a decade. we are reaching pretty hard her here. joy behar said something, okay, we do that every couple weeks. jane curtin, that doesn't matter at all. >> greg: are you accusing us of cherry picking? >> marie: asked. >> greg: case closed. >> kennedy: i want to talk about hank johnson. hank johnson is saying the president is so bad, he's like hitler. so somehow using foul language and course expletives and some weird language on twitter is the same thing as exterminating
2:29 pm
6 million jews. i have a hard time with that comparison and hank johnson also compared jews in israel to termites. apparently he was giving donald trump a complement by violating -- >> marie: i don't like what he said. i don't like the hitler references. it goes too far. i didn't know that commerce men. he shouldn't have said it. i think politics on both sides, i'm going to do that, people say crazy things. we were joking of the democrat -- a few republican said that about the democratic party, the things that were said about barack obama, michelle obama. >> jesse: was barack obama ever compared to hitler by sitting member of congress? when was he compared to adolf hitler? >> marie: questioned whether he was born in america. the things that were said. >> kennedy: are you comparing birtherism to calling someone hitler? you are smarter than that and you are better than that.
2:30 pm
>> marie: i'm not making a direct comparison but there were terrible, awful, racist, sexist thing said about michelle obama, barack obama. >> jesse: not by sitting members of congress. >> marie: really? do you want me to find some of the things that joe wilson said. have you heard things that steve king said in iowa? they are racist and awful. >> greg: i'm going to agree with everybody here. marie is making an interesting point. the better state that america gets in in terms of increased prosperity and lower incidence of violence, the more frustrated the critics who are out of power become. so right now we're living in a peaceful, prosperous state and it's causing people like joy behar to become more irrational and hank johnson to become more irrational if that's possible. i do believe there are times when come i'm going to say it, about barack obama.
2:31 pm
i disagree with everything barack obama did, maybe 98%. but i don't think he was evil. people can say how dare you say that? i think you've got to hand it to trump for making a lot of irrelevant comedians feel important again. they had to go very far to find jane curtin. that's a r-list comedian. my piece of advice for the democrats is what i said when i was doing redeye during the obama thing was to be positive and fun about what you're doing. have a good time, enjoy a -- if you are out of power, and i'm going to bring up somebody. i think aoc is a positive force for the democratic party because when i look at her, i see a positive person. >> kennedy: i'm sure you do. >> greg: i do. >> dan: the gift of donald trump has been the ability to get the democrats to
2:32 pm
show who they are. they are an angry lot. they want to take your money, your health care, kids education. >> marie: its -- >> dan: everything i just said is true. >> jesse: take the money. >> dan: in the past were republicans would have backed down to these attacks within media pressure, trump doubles down. >> greg: i agree on that part. >> dan: what's the ultimate form of hysteria? comparisons to unique stains in human history. slavery, the holocaust, nazism. that's where the democrats go consistently. it's because trump will not back down. >> kennedy: nancy pelosi trying to play the sexism card against president trump and a new barrage of attacks. we've got that next. my teeth have always been a very sore spot for me,
2:33 pm
emotionally, socially. if i would've known that i was gonna be 50 times happier... i would've gone into aspen dental much sooner. it was a very life changing experience... and it felt like i was me again. that's when i realized i hadn't been for three years. at aspen dental we're all about yes. like yes to flexible hours and payment options. yes to free exam and x-rays for new patients without insurance. and yes whenever you're ready to get started, we are too. call 1-800-aspendental today. i've always been amazed and still going for my best,
2:34 pm
even though i live with a higher risk of stroke due to afib not caused by a heart valve problem. so if there's a better treatment than warfarin... i want that too. eliquis. eliquis is proven to reduce stroke risk better than warfarin. plus has significantly less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis is fda-approved and has both. what's next? reeling in a nice one. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden sign of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. eliquis, the number one cardiologist-prescribed blood thinner. ask your doctor if eliquis is what's next for you.
2:35 pm
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
♪ >> greg: in the interview, nancy pelosi was asked whether she thought trump. her differently because she's a woman. me, i have no idea? >> i have no idea. we will see. see how he will deal with speaker of the house. it doesn't matter if you are a woman or not. i hope he recognizes that a new day has dawned in america. >> greg: who knows if trump deals with her differently because she's a lady. the real question is does she treat trump differently because he's a man? >> you reportedly came back and spoke to members of your congress caucus and said the wall, it seems like it might be about his manhood. that's a statement that's capable of interpretation. you care to explain what you meant? >> i wish i'd not repeated that outside the room. >> greg: i bet. the real thing is what passes as
2:38 pm
news. it's a bitter smoothie made of water down old news thrown into an idiot lender. in this era of good times brought to buy peace and prosperity, the media must keep making crazy crap up. in the old days, something happened. here it is. now it's let's ask so-and-so a question for an opinion into what we can fashion as a fact. you end up with failed opinions that didn't measure up before but feels like facts for viewer seeking validated assumptions because no real facts exist. so without new stuff on collusion, we now have opinions on collusion. then feelings about collusion, then feelings about opinions on collusion, which suddenly somehow becomes indictment. >> everything indicates that present can be indicted after he's no longer president. >> what about sitting president? >> when he's no longer president.
2:39 pm
>> the president in office, can robert mueller seek an indictment? >> that's an open discussion. >> greg: the stories are no longer who, what, where, why. under trump, it is 1w repeated over and over again. whine, whine, whine. do you want to hear what nancy's daughter had to say? let's roll it. >> she will cut your head off and you won't even know you are bleeding. that's all you need to know about her. no one ever won betting against her. >> greg: i am going to do that. imagine if ivanka trump was on a show and said that about donald trump? he will cut your head off and you won't even know it's bleeding. >> dan: that is pretty medieval. >> greg: they thought it was funny. >> marie: saying that i can shoot someone in the middle of new york and still be elected. >> greg: that was accurate. [laughter] >> dan: facts don't matter
2:40 pm
anymore. we live in an opinion society were all opinions are given equal weight even when those opinions are stupid and make no sense. i remember when i ran for office, arguing with a "washington post" guide that the reagan tax cuts had cost the government money. i said here is the treasury's website. are you missing this? do i need to email it to you? he refused to debate it. we are seeing it now today. walls don't work. okay, there is data on that. where they built a wall, it works. no, it doesn't work. are you in a world -- were you vaccinated against facts at an early age? it's the same thing about collusion. is there any actual evidence or are we just going to keep talking about your opinion on collusion? >> greg: kennedy, each story is one of those russian dolls and we just keep adding another one. the nesting dolls. collusion becomes somebody says something and someone reacts to that and it's like the solar system of opinions. >> kennedy: the big question
2:41 pm
is what's in the middle? >> greg: creamy nougat. >> kennedy: i wish. >> greg: can vary egged. >> kennedy: the smallest nesting doll, is it mueller's report? are we going to see it? it feels like he's going to hoard his nesting dolls and that's the threat that we are never going to see which one fits inside the other. when you don't have facts and you only have a society and discourse based on opinion, it's entirely subjective. you never really get to the truth. it's interesting because objectivity and the search for the truth is now being demonized. >> greg: that is so true. here's the reality and is part of our reality, jesse. if trump wasn't around, 87.3% of our stories would not exist. >> jesse: right, it would be about nancy pelosi. can we go wide? this is probably the scariest thing i have seen all day. oh, my god. we have to see that for the next
2:42 pm
two years. this is what the media is now doing. we are going to see nancy catapulted up to the same level as president trump. you are going to see her face all the time. when you see trump's face, it's going to be nancy and they are going to create a big collision in the media. i don't think that's a good thing for democrats. nancy pelosi is extremely unpopular. trump loves contrasting self with other people. he loves the fight. i think immediately and the democrats over the cliff on this. you just heard tried to get her to play the gender card, savannah. he tried to get her to say impeach, impeach, impeach. if the media does that to the democratic party, especially nancy pelosi, who's got a pretty fierce left-wing breathing down her neck over the next two years, gender card, race card, impeachment, they are going to drive them over the cliff. >> marie: all of those things existed into the run up to the midterms. >> jesse: i thought that campaign on health care. >> marie: every republican ad,
2:43 pm
you know this, she was the foil republicans were running against. >> kennedy: why do democrats who ran against her do so well? >> marie: i think the democrats got good candidates for their districts and 15 did not vote for her today a speaker. they found candidates that are not just liberals, not just progressives like aoc. they fit their districts. we have a lot of moderates. she's going have to bring them together. >> jesse: those moderates are going to lose their seats if they go far left. >> marie: they are not going to. this is my point. republicans say that she is a foil and cheese unpopular and in some places she is. democrats just won historic victory in the house with the idea that she would be speaker. i think people should not -- i underestimated her. i set on this program and others she wouldn't be speaker. i was wrong. i underestimated her strength and power and it would be stupid of all of us to keep doing that. >> greg: we must leave it there. i like saying that. we must leave it there. up next, potentially dangerous
2:44 pm
new internet challenge. inspired by the netflix hit "bird box" ." i know that every single time that i suit up, there is a chance that's the last time. 300 miles per hour, that's where i feel normal. i might be crazy but i'm not stupid. having an annuity tells me retirement is protected. annuities can provide protected income for life. learn more at retireyourrisk.org
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
>> where going on the trip now. if you hear something in the woods, you tell me. you hear something in the water, you tell me. >> marie: scenes from the hit netflix movie "bird box," inspiring a new internet challenge that could be dangerous. the streaming company issuing a warning because the people are filming themselves wearing blindfolds to do everyday tasks, walking, riding escalators and even driving. most videos end up with people stumbling or falling. so far, no serious injuries have been reported. greg, how do you feel about it? >> greg: well, i figure i would try to be a pundit while being blindfolded because what it does is when you are blindfolded, it accentuates all your other senses. [laughter] i want to see if i am any smarter with this on.
2:49 pm
i know. thank you, dan why don't other movies inspire action. why does it have to be this movie where people are bumping into each other? >> marie: you have seen it. >> dan: i liked it. greg didn't like it. >> greg: i didn't like this movie because that there was an interesting message they overlooked. one of the people who were dying were right? people who saw this movie, what if they were seeing something that was telling them there was a heaven. >> dan: do we really need more warnings? remember the drake song, don't get out of your car and dance while the car is still rolling. don't eat tide pods. now don't walk around with blindfolds. i love you but is it a failure
2:50 pm
of parenting? i'll love my daughters but i've never feel the urge to say don't walk around with a blindfold. what's going on? can you see me? you are staring. can you see me? >> greg: i can't. i can hear your beautiful voice. >> dan: you can see a little bit of light. >> marie: it's not just kids. kennedy. >> kennedy: the movie looks stressful. i have a hard time with stressful movies. i like less stressful fair when i'm watching netflix. >> greg: love actually. i hate that movie. it should be called dead actually. >> kennedy: you can't buy this kind of marketing. it's fantastic and netflix knows it. they issued a statement because it's only going to compound the effect that people get more and more curious and say why are they issuing a warning? what are people doing that is so dangerous? i have to watch some of these videos. now i have to watch the movie. i think they are the
2:51 pm
beneficiary. >> jesse: i have a sudden urge to throw something, greg. >> greg: you have always had that urge. >> jesse: now it's really, really bad. i'm feeling it. >> greg: even blindfolded, i can feel your hair. [laughter] >> jesse: put it up like this. let's ask everybody who you look like. karate kid. >> greg: i feel great now. >> jesse: how do you feel? >> greg: i feel like my senses have been accentuated. like those dark tubs. >> kennedy: sensory deprivation. >> greg: i have one in my basement. we should go away. >> jesse: it's not the first time you've been blindfolded i'm sure. >> kennedy: "one more thing" is up next. stay tuned. zed
2:52 pm
my car insurance so i only pay for what i need. oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no... only pay for what you need. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty. ♪
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
>> ♪ >> ♪ >> time for "one more thing." greg? >> it's time for animals are great! animals are great! >> [laughing]. >> you know what else is great? living in new york city. can you get food delivered anywhere thanks to seamless and other businesses. you can even get food delivered to a tree as this squirrel found out when he called in for
2:56 pm
chinese food. an eggroll in a tree in central park. maybe that's not tral park. -- central park. enjoying that lovely little eggroll. i don't care if you are filming me. because animals are great, animals are great. >> a 150 pound smack. >> that tree is 750 stories. >> and it will get hungry again. >> [laughing]. >> okay. an australian para-glider got an unexpected ride when he was caught up in a dust devil and flown up into the air. it happened in manila, australia. >> [laughing]. >> he was not injured.
2:57 pm
i don't think he will ever be doing this again. >> no. >> speaking of flying high. i will be on "hannity" tonight. >> all right! >> [laughing]. >> i am the one on the right. >> maria? >> [laughing]. >> i will go. >> okay, why don't you go. >> you know i love pack backs, jesse. i can never find one big enough. japan made a human sized backpack. >> that's not real. >> if you have a friend. >> that's me in a normal backpack. >> if you want to fly on an airplane, stuff your friend in the backpack and you can fly for free. >> i love that. >> it's the backpacker's closet. >> that's got to be bad for your back. >> that's a norm sized backpack
2:58 pm
for me. >> that's you on the first day of school? >> exactly. >> [laughing]. >> all right. maria? >> it was a treacherous day. upstate new york, a deer fell through a pond and struggled to get out. look at this video. quick thinking neighbors sprang intoac by jumping into their canoes. one of the rescuers grabbed their drone and flew it out to the deer to guide it toward land. that's cool. they were successful and got the deer out of the freezing waters after 3 hours. >> they shot it and had a great meal. >> you ruin everything. >> i try to ruin everything.
2:59 pm
>> then it will turn into venison jerky. >> the pressure army is having a tough time recruiting 16 to 25 years old. they put out these unique posters. this is not a joke. i was a recruiter with the secret service. i told them learn to use a mop and pick a barbell off the couch. do not go into the military as a zombie. we need you in shape. >> is it more like about diet? it's what we are eating? >> i say pick up a barbell. steel will never steer you wrong. >> [laughing]. >> you could do that. >> all right. >> seriously. >> that was fake news.
3:00 pm
>> [laughing]. >> i will make a correction. i don't dead lift. >> your hair is a dead lift. >> thanks. "special report" is up next with ed henry. >> thanks. this is a fox news alert. i am ed henry in for brett favre. -- bret baier. the divided government returned in washington but president trump declared he will work with new speaker nancy pelosi but won't give up on key principles. democrats in control of the house for the first time since 2011. key parts of the federal government are still closed. the stalemate with the president over the border wall is at the top of the agenda. he renewed that call a short while ago with f

80 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on