Skip to main content

tv   Americas News HQ  FOX News  March 2, 2019 9:00am-11:00am PST

9:00 am
to in the next hour? bernie sanders or donald trump? you can go ahead and bet. right now, we are waiting to hear from obviously, very powerful players from each party. the president of the united states and how he response to criticism. and bernie sanders to criticize him he's gotten. fox continues right now. >> a fox news alert. noon eastern as we wait president trump at the annual cpac conference. they say national harbor maryland, which is just about 10 miles south on the potomac from the capital, the president we understand, is there. at the convention center but has not yet taken the stage. welcome to "america's news headquarters" from washington. when we say news, there is a lot of news today and a lot of events today. >> i am molly. nice to be with you in washington on this cloudy day. we are talking a lot about cpac. ahead of the speech we have a radio host with this.
9:01 am
talk about this there's a lot of excitement leading up to the speech. know that the president tends to enjoy when he is surrounded by his supporters. what are you expecting? >> here, he is surrounded by all of the people who love him. and the people who are upfront as they were able to get in at 6:30 am this morning. over five hours they been sitting and waiting. right now it is a little candle in the wind playing by elton john. but they have been excited, they been excited since vice president pence gave his speech predicament as amount of talk about socialism, fighting socialism, larry kudlow, the economically talking about putting socialism on trial. we expects only people i have been talking to expect president trump to not only follow that lead and fully engage that conversation but this is the first time he will get to frame what happened in vietnam with kim jong-un of
9:02 am
north korea. leland: cpac always tends to be the, you might call it the focus group, if you will, for trying out the new lines and testing out new talking points for the next election cycle. it is the war on socialism defining democrats as socialism uniting, as you will call them, the supporters? >> well, let's not talk about the focus group whether these are the activists. those that will go back to where they live all across the country and engage these conversations whether it is social media or other places or political parties. things like that. but it's got to be more than just talking about socialism and evil socialist. it has to be about a policy conversation of why these things do not better the country, they do not better your pocketbook and they do not better your life. that is a harder sell in harder conversation but the one that has to happen.
9:03 am
it has in some places been happening here but you know there will be a lot of topline socialism as conversations and i expect the president to dig in on some of those today. molly: tony, you mentioned the concept of socialism. what the conservatives may be pushing back against. what are they looking to sell as we go into 2020 as the races began to heat up across the country. not just the presidential race but all of the smaller congressional and senate races and peoples home states? >> what are the conservatives, republicans trying to sell? molly: yes what are they trying to sell?you mention what they push back against but what is a selling point that they are offering there at cpac? >> the selling point i think you will be hearing about is why in the world would you stop and economy humming so appeared with growth and tax cuts opposed to what others are talking about did actually work in terms of stirring innovation and getting more investments into businesses right here in
9:04 am
the united states print money coming back into the united states. i think it will be, this is why we don't want to go down the socialist road. leland: we are going to set the scene in terms of politically what is happening this weekend. we are the president there at national harbor. a couple of hundred miles north fromhere in brooklyn, new york , we are waiting bernie sanders. the presidential candidate will be heading out here. little somewhere between 30 to 40 minutes. he's actually further behind schedule than the president is. we will keep an eye on that. as well as we continue the conversation with tony katz. a good friend of mine made this remark about a theme at cpac that is quoting the art of war. never interfere with an enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself. how convinced are republicans that they're going to have a far left socialist to run against? would you be the presidents dream verse is a more moderate
9:05 am
democrat that you and i have talked about that conceivably could compete for the rust belt, swing voters, people that have lost manufacturing jobs in indiana, ohio, pennsylvania. >> i think that you just have to look at what or how many people signed onto the green new deal. not knowing anything about it. they signed on to say we should get rid of -- that's a remarkable thing. talk about a reactionary kind of moment. so desperate to be associated with cortez in this far left process. the idea, the moderates, they exist out there. someone met the mayor of south and indiana, might want to call himself a moderate. when you look at policy wise, it is the same policies elizabeth warren favors, kamala harris davis, cory booker favors. the real question is not how you define whether you talk about the far left versus the moderate, the real question is where actually does the
9:06 am
moderate democrat exist in this field of presidential candidates?leland: where or if. [laughter] molly: hickenlooper yet another name to enter the long list. do they feel that the present is such a powerful, not just leader and as you mentioned there touting the economy but also such a strong campaigner. is there anyone out there on that list there say perhaps that is the person we should watch as far as the container. >> i would only hope so. i would caution any one as a political observer. if you think this is a cakewalk for president trump in today's world, i think you're making a gigantic mistake. yes, you should be worried about bernie sanders, yes, you should be read by joe biden.
9:07 am
the governor of washington, you do not have to worry about him at all! [laughter] molly: governor hickenlooper. >> you brought up the right name. governor hickenlooper. i was talking about how he is smart, funny, witty and he can actually find an audience that might be a bridge between the highly progressive and the bitter moderate. he is a name people should know and pay attention to. leland: noteworthy he is willing to come on this network and our show. he's been here a couple of times. we hope to have him back after his announcement on thursday. molly: a business owner that's done well in a purple state. leland: dealt with colorado legislature, which has some dark red as well. but a lot in terms of right environmental regulation with the oil industry so to tony! it is someone republicans have been talking about. very different style than president trump and actually, when even he was an iowa, hickenlooper says there is a lot the president has done i do
9:08 am
not disagree with. i disagree with how he says things a policy wise has been okay with a couple of things. tony, this brings up an interesting point. president trump is that what you might call a complicated relationship with cpac as we watched somebody walk out on stage. not the president. it looks like the head of cpac. his wife ivis he works there in the white house. either to introduce the president or warm up the crowd. we'll take a listen in the control room to what matt says as we continue our conversation with tony. the complicated relationship that the president has with cpac.he skipped in 2016, as a candidate he dressed in 2017 with a bannon -esque speech. it was his new brand of conservatism. is there still this split at cpac about what it means to be a republican or are these all
9:09 am
conservative, trumpian republicans in the crowd? >> i cannot say no enough. there is no split whatsoever. their differences in policy and style and tweets we love and tweets we hate. things which she would not say but kim jong-un and things we see on the ascetic reduction regulations and enhancement of actual judges who are judges and not activists. in terms of split, everyone excepts donald trump as united states and accept that he's president of the republican party and has not caused conservatives to lose who they are as conservatives. molly: has the president been the one that has made that essentially? >> i am a guy that looks at my choices in the election. i would say that i am trump skeptical peer but had a choice between hillary clinton and on from. i said to myself with hillary clinton i'm no shot of getting what i want with donald trump i have a 50-50 shot. so a lot of people i think went
9:10 am
in that direction. what they are is incredibly pleased. because he is listen to the more conservative elements and you see that in the justices. you see that in the regulations. and you are very, very pleased in terms of policy. that is the truth on the ground. people are excited about what can come and they're actually very thrilled that people are starting to fight back. not to take us off subject but go to the michael cohen testimony.listening to jim jordan and mark meadows, it may not have happened three years ago. so in terms of what trump has done, fighting spirit. molly: what you think of the present needs to say there today that, to hold this cohesiveness that you say has grown? >> i would argue two things. first, he really does need to frame what he would see as his success coming out of vietnam and walking away from kim jong-un. they want to the reduction or weant denuclearization.s. he left the meeting, did not stay, the menus were printed for lunch. he does need to frame that.
9:11 am
the other part i think he needs to do here, is discuss why we need to stay on the track that we are on. he needs to be pushing economy, being aggressive about economy and say, we are just getting started. and if we keep going and get the house back imagine what else we can do. it will be back in a message. i believe he will say why would we allow these people to ruin what has been so great for all of us. look at all of the jobs, look at the growth, unemployment, black unemployment, hispanic unemployment. these are things that we will hear. molly: things you guess he would be talking about. leland: and in cpac the showcasing of seminary speakers. talk about those issues. tony, as we are watching for the president, just to the viewers understand, we have a couple of democrats to react to the presidents speech afterwards. they were sitting on the set very quietly chuckling along. we will get their reactions. [laughter]
9:12 am
give me your thoughts though, in terms of how the president is going to frame the debate with china. you and i were down at cpac yesterday chatting about how china has almost replaced russia in terms of public enemy number one. you think about when cpac started during the cold war and now, this foe from an international relations standpoint has really transitioned. >> i think you are 100 percent correct. it is china's public enemy number one.one of the things we've actually talked about this, you've been on my radio show and i wish the president when talking about tariffs head discussed it in a national security kind of concept and way that the tariffs are about bringing china in and stopping the intellectual property theft. stopping the trade secret and making that come to an end.
9:13 am
this is an important subject could you watch the military growth of china, the building of aircraft carriers, how they are reacting even more aggressively with taiwan than ever before.all of these things are a major issue to the united states and the future. and 2025. you might hear the president talk china 2025. how they want to be the dominant leader in all things. and if china's predominant leader means they have control. that does not work out for america and it does not work out for blue-collar americans in michigan and wisconsin which may have turned the tide for donald trump and 2016. leland: noteworthy also that the president comes out of the north korean summit that tony just talked about and then heads into the summit at mar-a-lago the end of march with president xi jinping. we will let you get a quick sip of water here.and give those democrats, they've been chomping at the bit, tony, standby with us as we bring the democratic panel to preview this a little bit. molly: with blake rothenberg,
9:14 am
chris hanley, thank you for joining us. we are taking look at cpac, just about to get started with the presidents speech about to get underway. your thoughts, -- we almost had it! leland: you almost had a chance. molly: in just a few moments, who knows the president will be ultimatelyspeaking but we can see them coming out from the wings . you can tell he's already enjoying the crowd. leland: this is the home crowd for president trump. as you noted, molly, the president is at his best in terms of a rhetorical performance when he's in front of a friendly crowd. it is always a performance. it was 2017 that steve bannon had a lot to do with the address towards cpac and his friendship with matt schlapp has certainly grown over the years. in his relationship there, as we listen to him now. the guy looks pretty rested for
9:15 am
somebody that just went to vietnam and back. the energy in the correct time he is about one hour late now. we'll see how long the president speaks. there is obviously a few different things. the themes to 2020 that we will watch for, the attacking socialism and trying to frame the debate as the y today. versus a democratic socialist agenda. then there is a foreign policy bit in terms of china which he has talked about before at cpac. and a report, if you will, post north korea. we have not heard from him publicly really since he gave the news conference walking away from the summit with kim jong-un. molly: that will be one of the top issues we are looking for. here he is walking the stage. this is what he does at the bidding of rallies across the country, -- he kind of enjoys this moment. especially before the friendly crowds. we suspected he will come out
9:16 am
and take a walk around the stage before he ultimately went to the microphone. leland, you just talked about the topics he would likely hit. i'm also interested to see if he specifically gets into any of his potential or announced 2020 competitors which will also be speaking with the democratic panel here. who knows, there is plenty to cover. a lot that he feels he can talk about. the economy is a big one, unemployment particularly unemployment for women and minorities. and here as he steps up microphone. take a listen, president trump. [cheers and applause] >> thank you very much. matt schlapp. [applause] >> cpac, i started, probably the first politicals beach i enjoyed it so much that i came
9:17 am
back for a second and third. and i said what the hell, let's run for president. [cheers and applause] there are so many brave young conservatives -- [cheers and applause] our movement and our future and our country is unlimited. what we have done together has never been done in the history. maybe of beyond our country. maybe in history of the world. that came from the mountains and the valleys and the cities. they came from all over. and what we did in 2016, the election we call it with a capitol e. it's never been done before and i think will do it again the 2020.
9:18 am
and the numbers will be even bigger. [cheers and applause] [chanting] and we all had to endure as i was running. you had 17 republicans, plus me. and i was probably more of a conservative than a republican. people just didn't quite understand that. they didn't understand it. [applause] i think with what we have done with the judiciary and so many other things, i think they get it very well and is driving the other side crazy. [cheers and applause] but we all had to endure, remember? how many times did you hear for months and months, there is no
9:19 am
way to 270. you know what that means? there is no way to 270. they couldn't get me there. they might as well have given up. there wasn't any way to 270. in fact, i went to maine to get one and i did win the one but we did not need the one. we won maine, we one half of maine. remember? we have nebraska and we won both in nebraska. we won the half, we had to win in maine. we got the one but we did not we need the one because we did not get 270, we got 306-224, [cheers and applause] a state called wisconsin. a state called michigan. whereby the way, where fiat chrysler just announced a 4 and a half billion dollar incredible expansion and new plant. doubling their workforce.
9:20 am
many car companies have moved back to michigan and are continuing to do so. big numbers. nobody ever thought they would see that happen. so i think we are going to do even better in 2020. i think we will do numbers people have not seen for a long time. [cheers and applause] the men and women here today are on the front lines of protecting america's interest. defending america's value and reclaiming our nations prices heritage. it's true. [applause] with your help, we are reversing decades of blunders and betrayals. these are serious, serious betrayals to our nation. and to everything we stand for. it's been done by the failed ruling class that enriched foreign countries at our
9:21 am
expense. it wasn't america first in many cases, it was america last. those days are over, long over. [cheers and applause] [chanting] america is winning again. [cheers and applause] america is respected again. [applause] and the world knows it. when i meet with prime ministers, when i meet with presidents, and i get along with them because they know that was taking place over many years, not just the obama administration. long before that. they can't believe themselves
9:22 am
that they got away with it. they can't believe it. an impossible thing and they like me! and the reason they like me -- they say, mr. president. i said as an example, president xi jinping i have great respect we have a great relationship. i say, how is it possible that you got away with this first so long? [laughter] and he said, because nobody ever asked us to change. it's true. when they charge 40 percent tariffs on our cars going into china, and we charge them nothing coming to our country. when they raise their tariff from 10 percent to 25 percent then 40 percent, and they said to me, we expected somebody
9:23 am
would call and say, you can't do that. nobody called so we just left it. [laughter] and i don'tblame them . we should have been doing the same thing to them! but we didn't. [applause] right? hard to believe. it is hard to believe. but now things are different. now, we are negotiating with china. they would not negotiate with previous administrations. but i found some very old laws from when our country was rich. really rich! the old tariff laws. we had to dust them off, you could hardly see they were so dusty. [applause] but fortunately, they were not terminated. we started getting politically correct even back then. but i said, when we were doing the great things, what happened to those laws?
9:24 am
and i checked and i found 301 and 382. i found one 1938. we could do what we have to do. but you know, they had a debate in, it was really a rough time in our country. because we had so much money, we didn't know what the hell to do with it. tough, tough. it was called the great tariff debate.mark levin will look this up. [applause] the problem is with mark, if i make a little mistake he will let us know on sunday night. i have to be very careful what i talk about this. [cheers and applause] it was a great tariff debate of 1888. and the debate was, we didn't know what to do with all the money we were making.
9:25 am
we were so rich! and mckinley, prior to being present, he was very strong on protecting our assets. protecting the country. and he made statements that others cannot come into our country and steal our wealth and steal our jobs and build their country and not defend our country. we can't do that, we can't ever allow that to happen. [cheers and applause] [cheers and applause] [chanting] [cheers and applause]
9:26 am
and you know, i don't know, maybe you know. you know, i'm totally off script, right? thank you, darling. you know i'm totally off script right now. [cheering] and this is how i got elected, by being off script. [cheers and applause] it's true. [cheers and applause] and if we don't go off script, our country is in big trouble, folks. because we have to get it back. and when i look at what's happening on the other side, i encourage it. i say no, no, i think the new
9:27 am
green deal or whatever the hell they call it. [booing] the green new deal. i encourage it, i think it is really something that they should promote. [laughter] they should work hard on, it is something the country needs. desperately they have to go out and get it but i will take the other side of that argument. only because i am mandated to. but they should stay with that argument. never change. [applause] no planes. no energy. when the wind stops blowing, it is the end every electric. let's hurry up! darling, darling is the wind blowing today? i would like to watch television, darling. [cheers and applause]
9:28 am
[cheers and applause] but it's true. 1888 and thenwe had so much f money we could do whatever we wanted. we build forces up that were incredible. then in 1913 they ended tariffs. okay? they ended tariffs. somebody got stupid and they ended tariffs. they said, it is okay for other nations to come in. i will not use a certain word because it is not politically -- but everyone knows the word i love to use. should i use it? i won't do it. [cheering] i will great first lady always said, don't use certain words, please. and i said but the audience
9:29 am
wanted me to do it. she said, don't do it! [cheering] and the problem is, if i do do that they will not put the little preamble that we just put they will just say isn't that terrible?so i won't use it. i have learned. because with the fake news -- [booing] if you tell a joke, if you are sarcastic, if you're having fun with the audience, if you are on live television with millions of people and 25,000 people, in an arena.something l russia please, if you can, it is hillary clinton's emails! please, russia, please! [cheering] please, get us the emails!
9:30 am
please! [cheering] [chanting] so everyone is having a good time, we are having a good time and having fun. then the fake cnn and others say, he asked russia to go get the emails. horrible! i mean, like two weeks ago i am watching and they are talking about one of -- he asked russia for the email. these people are sick. and i'm telling you -- [laughter] they know the game. they know the game and they played dirty. dirtier than anyone is ever dirtier than it has ever been played. but the thing we have done is very special. because on trade and because of tariffs, and i know there are
9:31 am
people in the republican party, and people really even conservatives. good conservatives that don't like tariffs. i am not liking or not liking. the minimum, the greatest negotiating tool in the history of our country. do you think china would be sending the top representatives over, right now, china is paying 25 percent tariffs on $50 billion worth of technology goods. i was then going to charge them 25 percent on $200 billion. not like 200 million, that's a lot. this is 200 with a b. but i was nice because we having a very strong negotiation. which, if it weren't for tariffs, and i tell it to president xi jinping.this is nothing to hide.i would never talk like this because in theory it could hurt the negotiating position. but in my place it can't
9:32 am
because it's true! i was nice and i left it 10 percent on 200 billion. and here is the beauty, we have lost so much money with china, $500 billion a year. and on trade, such a disaster, it is 507 billion dollars a year. china, just one country. we lose with everybody, almost. but china's one country. $507 billion, for many years! so the beauty is this, i have $250 billion more to put tariffs on. the numbers are staggering. billions of dollars right now are pouring into our treasury. and for those of you that have not done the research, if you look, of the 25 percent, our country as it has turned out, because it's now been on there for a long while, and i am in no rush because i am fine with it. i am fine with it. of the 25 points, we have paid
9:33 am
for four points and china has paid for 21 points. okay? 21. the numbers are very simple. everyone said oh it is a tax on our -- not really! what china and other countries do sometimes, they will subsidize it. so the tax really is incredible. but what it is beyond everything else, i can negotiate. but then your senators and a few congressmen, but not mark meadows. where is a great mark meadows? [applause] man! [applause] mark and jim jordan and -- [applause] i want to name every one of those couple of hundred people because we do have a lot. i want to name every damn one of them. they been incredible, they been fighting and i see mark in the audience.
9:34 am
with deb, much more important his wife is incredible. what an incredible asset. he would be nowhere without her! [applause] right? but they fight so hard on this witchhunt, this phony deal that they put together. this phony thing that now looks like it is dying. so they don't have anything with russia. there is no collusion. so now they go and morph into, let's inspect every deal he's ever done. we are going to going to his finances, we will check his deals, we are going to check -- these people are sick! [applause] they are sick. i saw little shifty schiff. it was the first time, he went into meeting and said we are going to look into his finances. i said where did that come from? he was talked about russia, collusion with russia. the collusion delusion. [applause]
9:35 am
now we are waiting for report and will find out whether or not and who we are dealing with. we are waiting for a report by people that were not elected. think of this, with the greatest election in all fairness, i used to hear andrew jackson. this was now greater than the election of andrew jackson. people say that. [applause] i am not saying it. this is equivalent or greater. they used to go to ronald reagan. this is ronald reagan. then we started really doing well and they were coming from everywhere to vote. those red hats. and white ones! the key is in the color.make america great again. right? [applause] but, we had the greatest of all time. now we have people that lost. and unfortunately, he put the wrong people in a couple of positions. and they leave people for a long time that should not be there.
9:36 am
and all of the sudden, they're trying to take you out with bull shit, okay? [applause] now, robert mueller, never received a vote. and neither did the person that appointed him. and as you know, the attorney general says, i'm going to recuse myself. and i said, why the hell didn't he tell me that before i put him in? how do you recuse yourself? but the person that appointed robert mueller never seemed vote. robert mueller put there to the angriest democrats in the
9:37 am
history of our country on the commission. how do you do that? these are angry, angry people. you take a look at them. one of them was involved with the hillary clinton foundation. running it! another one has perhaps, the worst reputation of any human being i've ever seen. [laughter] all killers. in fact, it would have actually been better for them if they put half-and-half and mueller can do whatever he wants anyway. which we he will probably do. but we have conflicts, i had a nasty business transaction with robert mueller a number of years ago. i said why isn't that mentioned? he wanted the job as fbi director. i mean these are things that are out there, they know it. why isn't that mentioned? james comey, lying james comey is his best friend. [booing] james comey is his best friend.
9:38 am
and those are a few of the conflicts. other than that, it's wonderful! [laughter] so, so -- everybody is waiting. i thought of it this morning, mark, and i heard you made an incredible speech and statements a. mark levin. i heard it was incredible. [applause] i will see it later. i guarantee i will be watching it later. i one of the great inventions in history, it is called tivo. i think it's actually better than television. because television is practically useless without tivo, right? but i will be watching it later, mark. people that got no votes but i heard this morning, president trump is waiting for the mueller report. i said wait a minute, let me get this straight. [laughter] so the attorney general recuse himself. and i don't fire him. no obstruction.
9:39 am
that's the other thing. if you use your rights, if you use your power, if you use article 2 it is called obstruction. only for donald trump, no one else. the attorney general is weak and ineffective and he doesn't do what he should have done. somebody that never got a vote writes a powerful letter, horrible, about comey. every single democrat said comey should be fired. or worse, if possible. [laughter] every republican said, in fact, when i fired comey, i said you know, first lady, i said melania, i'm doing something today because it really has to be done. he is bad. he's a bad, bad, he is a bad
9:40 am
bad guy, it's been proven that with all of the emails. i am doing something that has to be done. but you know the good news? you'll be bipartisan, it will be so popular it will be bipartisan. every democrat hates him. every republican hates him. he did a horrible job at the fbi. speak to the real agents, the real people because the people in the fbi are incredible people. not the sleeves -- sleeze on top. and i said the first lady, you know the good news? the good news is that this is going to be so bipartisan. everyone will love it. so we fired comey and chuck schumer, who called for his resignation many times, i believe that day, because he still has not gotten over getting his ass kicked, okay.
9:41 am
[laughter] i believe that day called for his resignation. that day! podesta, the great genius of campaigns. he calls for the comey resignation, others, i would say, mark, would you say virtually every democrat? i cannot think of anyone that said he is doing a good job. so i said to melania. melania, the good news, this will be a popular thing. [laughter] in a fire bad cop, i fire a dirty cop and all of a sudden the democrats say, how dare he fire him! how dare he do this! and that is where we are, folks. that's where we are. we are in the swamp of washington d.c.. but you know what? we are winning and they are not.
9:42 am
[applause] we are winning and they are not. [cheers and applause] so just to finish, i will tell you, matt schlapp is loving this! [laughter] he says this is a lot more than we paid for! normally read a few pages and you say bye folks! number one i'm in love you are in love and we are all in love together. we have done something no one has done. it's easy. [applause] no, it's easy. [applause] you know, a great friend of mine from new york. he is a stone cold killer. he's a brutal man. he's actually not even a good friend of my because he would
9:43 am
turn on me and two seconds. [laughter] but he's a very rich guy. and, he said, what are you going to speak about today? and i said i don't know. [laughter] he said i just heard that you have the biggest crowd in the history of cpac. they're all over. by the way not just in this room there and many hotel rooms all over the place. you are just better at real estate than they are. [laughter] [cheers and applause] but this guy, you will know his name. a very rich guy. and he has a problem with a thing called public speaking. if he has a speak to more than five people he chokes. [laughter] he can't breathe, you know -- are you okay? he kills people for a living many mentally and financially. but if there's like an audience
9:44 am
of nine it's like -- [laughter] so he said to me, how the hell do you do that? and i said is easy, the reason it's easy, there's so much love in this room, it is easy to talk. you can talk your heart out. [cheers and applause] it's easy. [cheers and applause] it's easy! it's easy. and we have had that from the day i came down with your first lady on the escalator in trump tower. it has been easy. [applause] and you know what? we never had an empty seat.we went out and helped ted cruz, went out and helped so many people. and i will tell you what, if we didn't do those 32 rallies, and it wasn't easy. we are doing rallies with 25
9:45 am
and 30,000 people. in texas we had 109,000 people showed up. we used the houston rockets arena. it holds 22,000. tens of thousands were outside. we were sending notices, please don't come. that's different. usually people are begging. can somebody come? [laughter] we never had an empty seat. of course the "washington post", a guy named david -- some arena, he wrote an article, he got there four hours early. he took a picture of an empty arena. he then put out a note, something to the effect, never a good crowd size, mr. president. and i never thought because i don't follow the guy, but thousands of people that were in the arena, was packed with 25,000 people outside that could not get in. he got there for five hours early. because he doesn't fly private.
9:46 am
maybe it's because of the carbon footprint. you think maybe that's -- must be the carbon footprint. he just doesn't want private. but he got there hours early. and you know, the place hadn't started taking people. so they were virtually nobody. and you know, whatever it was, 18,000, when you have nobody it's a little scary looking. so he took pictures. do you know who really got even? our people. we had people sitting on the stairwells, we had people sitting in every seat. i don't think we've had an empty seat since we announced and from the day we came down the escalator, i really don't believe we've had an empty seat at any arena at any stadium. it has been an incredible thing. and that is why i say, this has never, ever happened before and now we have to verify it in 2020 with an even bigger victory. [cheers and applause]
9:47 am
[chanting] and by the way, just to finish that story. the great sarah huckaby and mercedes, whose incredible. mercedes, thank you. they always say, you know they are good people, right? much better than i am. they always say, don't bring it up! don't fight. everyone understands. i said they don't understand. if i don't explain how are they going to understand? remember the empty arena. and then the "washington post" had to do this particular writer, had to do a -- at the who's going to get fired. if that were a conservative he would have been conservative on the spot. he would have been humiliated!
9:48 am
for what he did. because it was fake news. nobody was in the arena, there were thousands outside but they had not opened the gates yet. they did the same thing and our big inauguration speech. you take a look at those crowds and i watched one of the evening shows that are ridiculous how horrible they are. how mean, how horrible. and i watched it by mistake. [laughter] and they show -- they showed from the white house all the way down, they showed there were people, no one is ever seen it. the capitol down to the washington monument, people. i saw pictures that there were no people! those pictures were taken hours before. right? and they always mention crowd size. he talks about crowd size.
9:49 am
so i'm constantly bugging mercedes whenever we have a slow moment. i say mercedes and sarah, show them the pictures! show them and compare them with what they put on television. those pictures were taken hours before. a member this also not that obama would ever do this but we had fencing all the way down to the washington monument. and it was raining. and it was wet and the grass was wet. and women and men, and i consider them totally equal so i will not say -- in fact probably the men i know it's actually easier for the woman to make the walk, right? but they had to walk all the way down, they had to walk with high heels in many cases. they had to walk all the way down to the washington monument and them back. and i looked and i made a speech and i said before i got on, i said to the people sitting next to me, i've never seen anything like this.
9:50 am
look at that crowd. and it was wide!wide! we had a crowd of never seen anything like it. and i have to live, i have to live with crowd size, it is all a phony deal, folks. but i saw a picture just the other night of practically no people! it was taken hours before our great day. that was a great day for us. it was a great, great day. people came from all over. [cheers and applause] people came from all over. so sarah said, and mercedes said, sir, it doesn't matter, nobody cares. i said but i care! [laughter] and people care. people care. so what i'm going to do is, i will give it to the great one, i will give it to mark levin. and i will give him the picture. then i'll show you where they just show the other day an empty field like nobody and you see the sun, it's dark because
9:51 am
the sun was starting to rise. right? and you can have some fun. you're going to get big ratings on your show i will say that. sunday night everybody! sunday night, 10 o'clock. right! sunday night at 10 o'clock. thank you. i knew that actually, but thank you. now let's get back into what i'm here for. [laughter] and don't fall asleep! don't full asleep, right? don't fall asleep! somebody said oh, the speech you made, sir, the state of the union speech was incredible. [cheers and applause] >> incredible. they said it was so great. and i said, i said, i did! i got great reviews even from some of the really bad ones out there.
9:52 am
of course, by the following morning they had to change because they had people called them. what are you doing! a lot of it is not the people on television. a lot of it is their bosses. someday we have to figure out why meadows, why that is. because you know, if you're building a great country have the best employment and unemployment numbers we've ever had, more people are working today in the united states and every foreign history of our country. [applause] you say, why are, why are they upset by that? why? why are they upset by it? we slashed 30,000 pages of job killing regulations from the federal register. that is an all-time record and history of the united states. even by presidents there for eight years and in one case, four. we passed the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in american history.
9:53 am
[applause] and we got rid of the individual mandate which was a big deal. [applause] which should lead to the ending of the disaster known as obamacare. [applause] the great state of texas has a case and it was literally based on the individual mandate. now that it's gone i don't know how they rule against it. now we will have to find out! but that will soon be up in the supreme court of the united states, i hope. and we will see what happens. and then we will get together with democrats and come up with really great healthcare! okay? really great healthcare. [applause] and one of the other things we did in our tax package, anwar.
9:54 am
perhaps the largest field, oil and gas. i got approved and i didn't want to for some reason because i thought someone treated me very badly. very badly. don't get that book very often. i said you know, i don't like it! then i get a call from a friend of mine and he is in the oil business. he's not asking for anything. but he really is a knowledgeable guy when it comes to oil and gas. he said to me, hey, and they'll come mr. present pete i've transferred -- i have friends for 35 years they call me don, donny. now they call ended as mr. president, sir. how are you? i have a guy richard lefrack. i've known him so long, from kindergarten!it's true. hi don, how are you doing? now i get a call the other day. mr. president, how are you, sir?
9:55 am
i said richard, lighten up! [laughter] call me donald. richard, call me donald. you've known me for -- i don't want to say because i do not want my wife to know the number. it's true, actually it's true. [laughter] it's actually true. [laughter] richard came up and he said i've known your husband for 65 years!i said say 25, 30. don't say 65 years! [laughter] but i said richard, richard! call me donald like you always do. call me don! okay, okay don. okay. he gets his breath. two minutes later, mr. president -- [laughter] maybe that's a good thing. it's called respect for the office, right? [applause] many of my friends. [applause]
9:56 am
and that wasn't in the script either, mark. [laughter] but we are renegotiating right now, horrible trade deals. that we are cracking down and we are really doing the number. cracking down on countries that sheet. and standing up for the american worker. for the first time in many, many decades. [applause] many decades. our workers have been treated horribly. a country announces they are closing their plant in michigan or pennsylvania or ohio.they are closing! they are closing the plant, they're going to move to mexico, china, someplace else. they fire all their workers and then they sell the cars. no tax, just make them in
9:57 am
mexico, sell them back to here, no tax, no nothing. those days are all gone folks, they are gone. they are all gone. [applause] in the new deal with mexico and canada called the usmca it is hard. prohibitively hard for a company to fire 4000 workers and move to mexico or some other location. it is now a very -- they can do it i guess if they want. but it is costly. it is painful. it used to be almost i said, i been talking about this for a long time. i used to say it's almost like we are giving them an incentive to leave our country. again! i am america first. that was not america first. [applause] and we have great companies that are now moving back to our country. they are coming back and! [applause] they are coming back in.
9:58 am
and by the way, you know i am building a wall, we are finishing the wall, we got a lot of money. [cheers and applause] [applause] [chanting] but, and there will be some in the room that do not like this. we are down to 3.7 percent unemployment. the lowest number in a long time. but think of this, i have all of these companies moving in. they need workers. we have to bring people into our country to work in his great plants that are opening up all over the place. this was not necessarily what i was saying during the campaign because i never knew we would be as successful as we have been. companies are growing back into our country and now we want
9:59 am
people to come in. we need workers to come in but they've got to come in legally and they've got to commit your merit! merit, merit! [cheers and applause] [chanting] [chanting] they have got to come in through merit they have to be people that can help us people that can love our country not hit the country. we have people in congress right now, we people in congress that hate the country. [booing] and you know that. and we can name every one of them if they want. they hate our country.
10:00 am
say it! it is very sad. when i see some of the statements being made. it is very, very sad. and find out, how did they do in their country? ask them. how did they do? just ask that question. some would say is terrible that he brings it up but it's okay i don't mind. i will bring it up. how did they do in their country? not so good! not so good. but we need workers. we have but we need workers. one other thing, we have people important here in terms of votes, senators, congressmen, when a senator tells us that he's a free-trader, so am i, i'm a fair trader, i'm a free-trader. when the senator said we can't do tariffs where we make a fortune or at a minimum we are
10:01 am
able to use this tremendous power, tremendous, all the stuff nobody even knew it existed. i'm able to use it at a minimum to negotiate great and fair deals. it's so one-sided. last year we lost 800. this is for many years, almost $800 billion on trade. it's not sustainable. you can't do that and now we are making great trade deals, but when some of the senators, good people, i think they are good people, i just don't understand the thinking, so i say india is a high-tariff nation, when we send a motorcycle to india, 100% tariff, when india sends motorcycle to us, we brilliantly charge them nothing. [laughter] >> so i want reciprocal tax or at least want to charge a tax, it's called a mirror tax but it's a reciprocal.
10:02 am
[applause] >> now here is what i don't know, i've had a lot of people, lindsey graham, lindsey, it's not his thing necessarily, it's not the thing that he's most adept at but adept and smart. i said lindsey, if they charge us 100, i like a rip -- reciprocal. they charge us and we charge them and he says that makes sense to me. he's a smart guy and he said, i will never forget, it took me about a minute which is a long time, bad description, they charges 00 -- 100 and we charge nothing. for those who don't like tariffs for whatever reason that might be, what's going to happen in many cases instead of 100 you will have 0. it's going to happen.
10:03 am
that's going to happen. but you have to start working on some of the senators that can't approve this deal. you know what, i want to charge india as an example, india is a high-tariff nation, nobody knows what they're doing in washington, but india is a very high-tariff nation and they charge tremendously, so they charge 100. i hear there's turmoil in the senate because we are charging 25. i called a couple of guys up, fellow, listen, they are charging us 100 for the sact same product i want to charge them 25 and i feel so foolish charging 25 because it should be 100 but i'm doing 100 only because of you, i want to get your support, sir, that's not free trade. where do these people come from? [laughter]
10:04 am
>> where do they come from? where? i need your help, the voters' help, where do they come from? so it can only be one, two or three things. one, i know they are smart people, i even like some of them. [laughter] >> but they are smart, so we take that out of the equation. so even -- and i know they don't have evil intentions. the other thing could be i guess maybe, you know, the companies are all owned by people and these people are very generous. campaign contributions are very generous people. can that be possible? i don't think so. i hope not because we are talking about our country. we can't allow our country to charge us 100% and we get nothing for the same exact product. for one thing, they don't respect us, they think we are
10:05 am
stupido. they don't respect us. let me tell you something, the world respects our country again. they respect us. [cheers and applause] >> and america is now booming like never before, other countries are doing very poorly, other countries are doing very poorly and that makes it even harder for us to be successful. plus, we have a gentleman that likes raising interest rates in the fed. we have a gentleman that loves quantitative tightening in the fed, we have a gentleman that likes a very strong dollar in the fed. so with all of those things and we want a strong dollar but
10:06 am
let's be reasonable, you understand, with all of that, we are doing great, can you imagine if we left interest rates where they were? there's no inflation essentially, there's no inflation. can you imagine if we left interest rates where they were, if we didn't do quantitative tightening, taking money out of the market? if we didn't do quantitative -- this would lead to a little bit lower dollar, little bit. i want a strong dollar but i want a dollar that's going to be great for our country, not a dollar that's so strong that decease prohibitive for us to be dealing with other nations and taking their business. [applause] >> since the election, we've created a number that i would have said during the campaign the fake newsters would have
10:07 am
said this is crazy. 5.3 million new jobs including over 600,000 beautiful brand-new manufacturing jobs that were never going to come back to our country. [cheers and applause] >> these are jobs that were never coming back. remember, not to talk badly about the other administration, but if that theory went forward with crooked hillary winning the election, instead of being up almost 50% with the stock market, you would have been down 50%. it was heading down, it was going to be a disaster. we have nearly 5 million americans that have been lifted off of food stamps, nobody ever thought that was possible. [cheers and applause]
10:08 am
>> the unemployment rate has reached the lowest in over 51 years and african american and you've heard me say that many times, hispanic american, asian american unemployment rates are at their all-time historic lows. [cheers and applause] >> and african-american income has reached all-time high. when i'm on the debate stage with one of these maniacs, i mean, how do you get to europe? we haven't figured that out, we don't use airplanes anymore.
10:09 am
you saw what i'm doing in california, right, they have a fast track, the fast train goes from san francisco to los angeles. it's overbudget by hundreds of billions of dollars so they have a great idea, the new government, when i'm with them face to face nice, when he speaks about me not so nice, but face to face he loves me, he called me up and said you're a great president, you're doing a good job, check the phone records at the white house, everybody else does, check them. [laughter] >> check them. call me up, i think they need some money because honestly, the management of the forest is very bad and it's one of the problems, i said you have to get the forest, we can't keep sending billions and billions and losing hundreds of lives more importantly, we have to
10:10 am
clean it up, it's called management, when a tree falls, you can't let the environmentalists say you can't take that tree out, it becomes like a match stick, it hits a flame, goes up, the leaves, you have to remove the leaves because they are -- a guy smoking a cigarette and throws it away, he doesn't mean it, the thing catches on fire, we lose 400,000 acres and people are killed. you have to have management, but he called me up the other day, recently, 4 weeks or so, i just want to tell you you're a great president and you're one of the smartest people i've ever met, that's what he said, that's what he said. will he admit it, no, i doubt it. that's what he said, and you're doing a great job and he started talking in all fairness additional money for the fire which is okay, that's okay, we have great talks, i like him,
10:11 am
gavin newsom, i like him. they say things, politicians, they say things to your face and two days later they are giving news conference and you are like, where did that guy come from, where did he come from? everyone in this great country right now because of our great new economy is doing well except, of course, for the never trumpers but they are on mouth to mouth, mouth to mouth. [cheers and applause] >> mouth to mouth. they are hanging in. a couple of them. i mean, these guys have gotten me wrong, not only never-trumpers, you have never never-trumpers, basically dishonest people, whether you like me or not if my name is smith instead of trump, and if you told them i put in over 100
10:12 am
federal judges, soon 145 and two supreme court judges and 17 appellate divisions, that we have the best economy maybe in our history, that we have the best employment numbers and unemployment numbers in our history, that we've cut more regulations in 1 years -- 2 years than any president, that we have taken care of our military with $1.7 billion, think of that. think of what we did, think of what we did with our military. think of the numbers that we have for our military. we have numbers, nobody has ever heard of these numbers before. you know, part of the problem that we have because i'm a
10:13 am
cost-cutter and you are all cost-cutters but we have to take care of our military, we have to. $700 billion we spent and that was the first year and then the second year, $716 billion, now, i have no choice. i'd like to spend much less, obama was spending much less but our military was being depleted, he was fighting an endless wars that never end and by the way as of probably today or tomorrow we will actually have 100% of the caliphate in syria, 100%. [cheers and applause] >> 100. we want to bring our people back home. we want to bring our people back home. it's time. we will be in syria for 4 months, we ended up 5 years just
10:14 am
fighting. they just like the fight. we want to fix our country, we want to fix our bridges, highways, our roads, our schools, we want to fix our country up, it's time. it's time. [cheers and applause] >> but i was told by a general who i had to fire, i said, general, how long before we get 100% of the caliphate, he said, sir, 2 years. i said, i can't take the 2 years, i flew to iraq, first time i left the white house because i stayed in the white house for months and months because i wanted the democrats to get back from their vacations from hawaii and these other places, and i figured it would look good so you guys would vote for me, okay, i figured it would look good, so i stayed in the white house and i will tell you what, i was there -- i told my
10:15 am
wife go, to florida, enjoy your christmas. i stayed in thanksgiving. i mean, i was in the white house for a long time, months, months, i had cabin fever in the white house but you have to have cabin, that's the place to do it. i was there for a number of months through christmas, i spent my new years all by myself, don't cry, all -- it was me and about 500 men and women outside with machine guns. [laughter] >> i never saw so many beautiful-looking machine guns. i looked at that equipment and i'd say, man, they fit into trees, they fit on the lawn, i told people, people don't know how big the white house is.
10:16 am
first of all, it's one of the most beautiful places in the world. i've made a lot of money with luxury. 1799, when president xii said 1799, to him it's a brand-new house. in china they go back 8,000 years so that's like a new residence, but i sat in the white house for months and months except i took a day off, i flew to a lovely place called iraq and at night and i said to myself, this is interesting because i said, sir, all lights in the planes are going off. i said why? because we are getting ready to land, we are an hour out. i said what about the shades, well, we want it better than that, so we turned the lights up, shades, air force one and we
10:17 am
are landing and i go up and i look and i land it, i like to sit with pilots, i respect the people that know what they are doing, these are the best in the world. [cheers and applause] >> and the pilots said, sir, we are landing in approximately 1 and a half minutes and i say but there's no runway, no, sir, the runway is right up us. i don't see it, i have pretty good vision. at least for my age. [laughter] >> i guess for my age i have great vision but i don't have vision like a 35-year-old captain. he said, no, it's right up there. i'm sorry, captain, how about this, should we lift off and try again, captain, there's no runway. anyway, he says it's right up there. we land practically no lights, little pin spots and i said think of this, we spent
10:18 am
$7 trillion in the middle east and we can't land a plane with the lights on 20 years later, how bad? seriously, how bad is it? $7 trillion and we have to fly in with no lights. but i met some incredible people. i met some incredible people, generals, one of them came from syria, the operation in syria and i was upset with my generals because they weren't getting it finished. i want the job done. i want to bring our people back home. [cheers and applause] >> not fair. this is why i flew. i met generals i didn't know. general one, general two, general three. i mean, these generals, there's no person in hollywood that could play the role. these guys are like perfect
10:19 am
people. i said, what's your name, sir, my name is raisin, what the hell kind of a name, raisin like the fruit, yes, sir, what's your name cane, i said you have to be kidding me. [laughter] >> raisin cane, i made him a big star just like i did with mattis when i said we will give you a new nickname because chaos is not a new nickname so we changed his name, called him mad dog, but it wasn't working too well. mad dog wasn't working too well, what happened, i flew to iraq and i want to meet the people on the site because i learn more from soldiers, what's going on than from generals. i do, i say that to the generals all of the time but i didn't have to go there. i didn't have to go there because i meet and i landed this airport, the most incredible thing. we must have spent $3 billion building it.
10:20 am
it's one of the reasons i don't want to leave iraq so fast. so i have raisin cane, three other generals, colonels, sergeants, bring the cameras, i'm going the make a movie, this is the most incredible place. i said to the generals, listen, we got to get out, i want to know why is it going to take 2 years to knock off 2 or 3 or 4% which is what we had left, it won't, sir. i said tell me why it won't. it won't, sir. if we attack them in a different manner, we can do it much faster. okay, general, raisin cane, how fast? sir, we can have it totally finished in one week, one week, i was told 2 years, one week. that's right, sir. we are only hitting them from a temporary base in syria but if you gave us permission, we could hit them from the back from the side, from all over from the
10:21 am
base you're on right now, they won't know what the hell hit them. [cheers and applause] >> they won't know what the hell hit them, sir. and i say, why didn't my other generals tell me that, why they didn't tell me that, i said, did you tell them that, not our place to say it, sir, they come in from washington, sir, we have to take orders, you're the first one to ask us our opinion. true, true, true. so i went back and i said, i'm going get back to you soon, raisin, i think you're great. i like you raisin cane but i did say, listen, we are in iraq, isn't that very far away from -- i was here in short time, i flew right in.
10:22 am
he's taking a plane that goes 200 miles an hour, but incredible. what you learn from being on the site, my father was a builder, he always used to say nobody ever got rich by sitting behind their desk, it's true. [applause] >> it's true. he said, you have to be on this site, you have to be with the contractors, you to see them ripping you off, you have to collect every nail, every piece of wood, you can sell it, you have to be on the site, you to see while they are building, while they are under construction, is that wall straight or if it's crooked and you to fix it before they build it and not after they build it before you rip everything down. true. [cheers and applause] >> you don't get rich by sitting behind a desk so i didn't want to do that, and i'm in the white house and i was lonely, i said, let's go to iraq.
10:23 am
[laughter] >> and i had a hell of a meeting in iraq and i will tell you those generals not just raisin cane, general cane, those generals were great, they knew their stuff. you talk central casting, these guys -- it's incredible. they had a master sergeant, i could take him right now and bring him to hollywood and make military movie and he's the star of the movie that did happen once before, you know, they brought a man in, sergeant, drill sergeant to teach some actor how to be a drill sergeant, the drill sergeant was so incredible that he ended up starring in the movie and he should have gotten the academy award by the way, that's because hollywood discriminates against our people. you know the movie i'm talking about. what was the movie? what was the movie? while we are making great strides and our country is doing as well and maybe in many ways
10:24 am
better than it's ever done before, democrat lawmakers are now embracing socialism, they want to replace individual rights with total government domination. just this week more than 100 democrats in congress signed up for a socialist takeover of american health care. the radical government-run plan, if you call it that, would lead to colossal tax increases, increases like you've never seen before and take away private coverage from over 180 million americans. and we have some great private coverage and we've initiated some incredible plans like the new cooperative plan, where you get better insurance than obamacare for a fraction of the cost, but perhaps nothing is
10:25 am
more extreme than the democrats' plan to completely takeover american energy and completely destroy america's economy through their new 100 trillion-dollar green new deal. under the green new deal, which somebody described as a high school term paper written by a poor student -- [laughter] >> it's true. who would believe it? it's so bad, but i will be honest with you folks, you know, it's saturday morning, should we spend time, would you that, by the way, everybody okay, i haven't seen anybody leave. i haven't seen anybody leave. i know one thing if mark levin gets up and leave, i will stop.
10:26 am
nobody has left. i watched those doors, there's a lot of times a lot of times, well, one time the press said, people left, yeah you know where they went to the bathroom and they came back, 2 people, they showed two empty seats in a stadium of 19,000, they showed two empty seats the people left right in front of me and i said, oh, man, then they came back. they went to the bathroom. and a certain fake news deal showed a picture on the front page of two empty seats. they said trump had empty seats, we never had empty seats, would abolish natural gas call and nuclear power industry of which we are now the leader in the world. we are the biggest now in the world because of moves that i've made. happened over the last 2 years, by the way. we are trying to speed up pipelines in texas which would
10:27 am
have taken 15 years but i think we are almost very close to getting them approved. when that happens we will probably go another 30 to 40%, we need part-timeline approval, we will have it very quickly, it would have taken -- it was going to be 14 to 15-year process. we should have it done, we will get 30 to 40% more. their plan would remove every gas powered car from american roads. that's not so bad. they want you to have one car instead of two and it should be electric, okay, so tell people no more cars, no more cars. i think the auto industry will not do too well under the plan. would the auto industry would be good, i don't think so. it's not looking good. maybe see some bad stock prices if that passes. it would end air travel and you'll get on the train, don't worry about it. you just have to cross 95% of
10:28 am
the world and it would force the destruction or renovation of virtually every existing structure in the united states. new york city would have to lift down buildings and rebuild them again, i don't think so. this is the craziest plan. and yet i see senators that are there for 20 years, white hair, see i don't have white hair. [laughter] >> i don't have white hair. i see the white-haired, long-time senators standing behind this young woman and she's ranting and raving like a lunatic and the senators, these senators, yes, i agree with this, yes, i agree, the crazy female senator from the state of ohio, the state of hawaii, right, she's like -- she's like a crazy person. what she said about men is so bad, what she said about men is
10:29 am
so bad, but she's standing in the hallway and she didn't know too much about the plan because she can't understand, which probably makes her smart actually, now, this is the senator from hawaii and they are saying to her, what do you think, well, i don't know how people are going to get to hawaii but i'm in favor of the plan. i don't get it. i don't get it. so she's in favor of the plan and you won't be able -- well, we can take boats, we will go back to boats. this is the new democrat platform and i i don't want to talk them out of it. i don't, i don't, i swear i don't. this is a killer. i have to get off the subject. i want them to embrace this plan, i want them to go and sell this plan. i just want to be the republican that runs against them.
10:30 am
[cheers and applause] >> i'm going regret this speech, this speech should have been delivered 1 year from now and not now, damn it, they will say, this guy is really laying for us. i should have saved the pocahontas thing for another year because i've destroyed her political career and now i won't get a chance to run against her and i would have loved this. i don't want to knock out all of the good stuff and end up with somebody that's actually got talent. that would be bad. [laughter] >> so i do like the green new
10:31 am
deal, i respect it greatly, it should be part of the dialogue of the next election. [laughter] [applause] >> and i think it has tremendous promise and tremendous potential for the future of our country. [laughter] >> socialism is not about the environment, it's not about justice, it's not about virtue, socialism is about only one thing, it's called power for the ruling class, that's what it is. look at what's happening in venezuela and so many other places. all of us are here today because we know that the future does not
10:32 am
belong to those who believe in socialism. [cheers and applause] >> and i heard yesterday a great speech from our vice president mike pence talking about this very subject and talking about it beautifully. [cheers and applause] >> the future belongs to those who believe in freedom. i have said it before and i will say it again, america will never be a socialist country. [cheers and applause] >> usa! usa! usa! usa!
10:33 am
>> young americans, i love young americans, speaking of young americans, candice, stand up. candice is getting married. [cheers and applause] >> you've been incredible, thank you. your whole group has been great, you're getting married. congratulations, you have been so good, thank you very much, candice, thanks. [cheers and applause] >> and charlie, what a job you're doing, where is charlie kirk because he has done an incredible job, thank you very much, charlie. [cheers and applause] >> but young americans like you are leading the revival of american liberty, sovereignty
10:34 am
and self-determination in the face of left-wing intolerance, the anger, the unbelievable anger, i see it every day, it's mostly pointed at me. [laughter] >> you have the courage to speak to truth, to do what is right and to fight for what you believe and keep doing it. [cheers and applause] >> we reject oppressive speech code, censorship, political correctness and every other attempt by the hard left to stop people from challenging ridiculous and dangerous ideas, these ideas are dangerous. instead we believe in free speech including online and including on-campus and by the way, there's a young gentleman
10:35 am
with us today. [cheers and applause] >> there's a young gentleman, i turned on my television the other day and i saw somebody that was violently punched in the face, violently punched and i said that's disgusting but a bully i would like to do a lot of things but, of course, we won't ever say that, donald trump, it's act, no, no, just for the media, i'm sure a lovely young man, he had a temper tantrum. [cheers and applause] >> i've been there before with those people, i don't want to do it again. so the man's name is hayde williams. [cheers and applause]
10:36 am
>> where is hayden, where is he? hayden, come up here please. [cheers and applause] >> thank you, thank you. so at the leadership institute we are committed to making -- i thank you so much for bringing me up here to let me speak. it's great that i'm being recognized and there's so many conservatives across the country who are facing discrimination, harassment, if worse, if they dare to speak up on campus, i'm glad that we could, you know, bring this to the forefront and i would just like to say, socialist progressives had their
10:37 am
way they would put constitution through the paper shredder in a heart beat. it's important now than ever the work that leadership institute in campus reform, exposing liberal abuses to the public. [cheers and applause] >> it's more important now than ever and the students -- the students do it because they have a love of our nation and freedom and frankly love for you, mr. president. if you keep defending us, we will keep defending you, thank you. [cheers and applause] >> so here is one thing, i was going to call him but i don't have to now. here is the one thing, i learned a number of things, first of all, he could take a punch. muhammad ali could take a punch, he could take a punch, you weren't going to go down no matter -- that was a hell of a hard punch, he was a strong guy, but you know what, you got
10:38 am
yourself a great lawyer, i know your lawyer, she is a great lawyer, just tell her to do me a favor, sue him but he's probably got nothing but sue him forever. but sue the college, the university. [cheers and applause] >> ladies and gentlemen, he took a hard punch in the face for all of us, remember that. [cheers and applause] >> he took a punch for all of us. and we can never allow that to happen and here is the good news, he is going to be a very wealthy young man. [cheers and applause]
10:39 am
>> go get them, hayden. today i'm proud to announce that i will be very soon signing an executive order requiring colleges and universities to support free speech if they want federal -- [cheers and applause] >> usa! usa! >> usa! [cheers and applause] >> if they want our dollars, and where we give it by the billions, they have to allow people like hayden, old people to speak,
10:40 am
free speech. [cheers and applause] >> if they don't, it would be very costly. that will be signed very soon. every day we are restoring common sense and the timeless values that unit us all. we believe in the constitution and the rule of law. we believe in the first amendment right and we believe in religious liberty. [cheers and applause] >> and we believe strongly in the second amendment and the right to keep and bear arms. [cheers and applause]
10:41 am
>> it's undersiege, be careful but i will protect you. i will protect you because it all has to come through my office and we hopefully are going to be here for 6 more years. [cheers and applause] >> we believe in the american dream, not in the we believe ine words of our national motto, in god we trust. [cheers and applause] >> every day my presidency will defend american families, we will defend america's workers, our great, great cherished
10:42 am
workers and now we are taking care of. they are not losing their jobs, we are creating those jobs. we are not letting those companies destroy their lives anymore. we will defend the american way of life and we will always defend america's borders because without borders as i've said many times before, we don't have a country. [cheers and applause] >> the lawless chaos on our southern border provides a lucrative cash flow to some of the most dangerous criminal organizations on the planet. deadly cartels constantly, daily, hourly, violate our borders to flood our cities with drugs that kill thousands and thousands of our citizens,
10:43 am
violently, what are these people talking about when they talk about the border, keep it open? keep what open? have you been there, have you seen? i just got back, i've been there many times. i see what's happening. i don't like it but i have to tell you our border patrol, our ice agents, our law enforcement, the job they do and they don't have the backup of a wall in many cases. the job they do is incredible. [cheers and applause] >> these ruthless cartels tear our communities on both sides of the border and spread instability throughout our hemisphere. when i was there 2 weeks ago, 26 people were killed very close to where i was at the rio grande, sounds nice, rough stuff, 26 people were killed and they were
10:44 am
buried right near where i was standing and the paper doesn't write about it, the news doesn't write about it. in the last 2 years alone i saw officers make 266,000 arrests, think about what that means, think of that, arrests, i'm not talking about people coming in, i'm talking they went out and arrested 266,000 people who have criminal records and in some cases for murder, who the hell wants to do that, thank god they are doing it because i don't want to do it. it's dangerous, it's hard, but they love our country and they are tough people but they love our country including those charged or convicted of approximately 100,000 assaults, 30,000 sex crimes, 25,000 burglaries, 4,000 kidnapping and
10:45 am
4,000 violent murders. these are people that ice are getting them, we don't want them, we don't have to have to pay for them for 50 years, you want them to pay a price but we don't want to have to pay for them for 50 years and all the nonsense you hear about the people that are coming here illegally are far better than the people we have. it's not true. it's false. [cheers and applause] >> right? fair, illegal aliens are incarcerated at 3 times, those are the numbers. if you look at prison population in federal prisons, the federal prisons are -- the number is staggering. the number of illegals, far, far, far greater than any
10:46 am
proportion of our population. but you don't hear that, you hear these people are the greatest people in the world, just ask the angel moms how good are they, those great angel moms who were treated so badly, so badly, incredible people. but the simple reality is that every crime committed by and illegal immigrant is a crime that should never have happened in the first place.the border cs humanitarian crisis. smugglers, prey upon innocent women and children, one in three people is sexual assaulted on the dangerous journey north. when i ran for president, my first speech i mentioned the
10:47 am
word rape, the press went after me. i couldn't believe it. i said, would it be like this always, the answer was, yes, it even got worse. from day one, i mentioned the word rape. if you look at that speech that was so innocent compared to what is happening. that was a really innocent speech compared to the real facts. illegal immigration is not compassionate, it's inhumane, unjust and cruel. [cheers and applause] >> the media fights me on this but i say it, mothers who love their daughters, when the daughters are getting ready to make that 2,000-mile trip up through méxico and frankly i
10:48 am
wish méxico would stop them at their northern border, i wish méxico would stop them, because you know, they have a border, they call their southern border 2,000 miles down from our southern border, i wish méxico would stop them, but they have their own difficulties frankly i understand that, we are working along well with them and they are doing a lot of things to help us with asylum and other elements of what we are doing, but mothers who love their daughters give them massive amounts of birth control pills because they know their daughters are going to be raped on the way up to our southern border. think of that. true story. told to me by the border patrol, so true and think about how evil that is. think of how bad it is, those
10:49 am
caravans, you look at those caravans and some are phenomenal people but in those caravans you have stone-cold killers, you have the interview done by some innocent person who i think is actually back here now and what is it that you want asylum for, why are you coming to america, murder, she goes what? murder. i mean, what's going on is incredible and when those caravans are formed, do you think those countries that we used to give a lot of money to, i've cut it way back, guatemala, honduras, el salvador, do you think they are giving us as we say their best and their finest? let's send our best people up to america, let's have our best people go in the caravan so we can give america our greatest people, no, no, no, they give us
10:50 am
some very bad people, people with big, long crime records, murderers, killers, drug dealers, human traffickers, they don't want to keep people because it's smart. it's so sad to see how stupid we've been. border patrol recently reported apprehending 7,000 unlawful migrants in a single week on just one part of the texas border a couple of weeks ago, our immigration system is stretched far beyond the breaking point. to confront this national security crisis last month i declared a a national emergency, national emergency.
10:51 am
[cheers and applause] >> when i see these people and they are good people, some senators, the house has been fantastic, the house -- the backing that we have had in the house, there's a lot of spirit in the house and i think in the senate too but we will have to see because we have a vote coming up and a lot of people talk about precedent, precedent, if we do this, the democrats will use national emergency powers to something that we don't want. they are going to do that anyway, folks, the best way to stop that is to make sure that i win the election. that's the best way to stop that. [cheers and applause] >> they'll do it anyway. we are very concerned with setting precedent. that's precedent and not
10:52 am
president. precedent. we are very concerned about setting precedent. i'm concerned with having murderers and drug traffickers and drugs and drug cartels pouring into the country, that's what i'm concerned about and the democrats, they are going to do whatever they do if they get into power and won't have a damn thing to do with whether or not we approve our national emergency because let me tell you, they don't like it when i say it, but we are being invaded, we are being invaded by drugs, by people, by criminals and we have to stop it and we want people to come in as i said before but they have to come in legally and with merit. [cheers and applause] >> previous presidents have used the national emergency power to
10:53 am
promote, in belarus, defend the sovereignty of lebanon and you know what that's okay, lebanon is good, fine, use it, but we need it right here in our country. we have to use it for our country. many emergency declarations have been used to protect people in far away nations and this at land, now we are protecting finally our people, you, our e] >> and we ly with heros of ice and border patrol and law enforcement. [cheers and applause] >> illegal immigration is also deeply unfair to american
10:54 am
workers and taxpayers including millions and millions of hard-working legal immigrants. if you care about helping immigrants and care about their success, if you care about reducing poverty and raising living standards, then you must support a safe, strong and very, very secure border. we need an immigration policy that helps all americans thrive, flourish, prosper, we need an immigration policy that's going to be great for our corporations and our great companies, we need an immigration policy where people coming into our country can love our country and love our fellow citizens. [cheers and applause]
10:55 am
>> and this includes shutting down sanctuary cities. [cheers and applause] >> we want to end catch and release. we catch them, we realize they're a criminal and we have to release them. think of this, they come into our land, they put one foot on our land, we now have to take them through a massive court trial, who does this? other countries say get the hell out of here, we have to take them through court, so we catch them, we talk to them, if they are criminals or if they are not, we release them, we say, come back for a hearing in front of a judge, you know how many judges you need to do this, we have 900,000 people backlog,
10:56 am
that's the good news, the bad news is nobody shows up. 3% of the people come back for a trial. it's insane. not my fault, i inherited this mess but we are fixing it. [cheers and applause] >> we have to end chain migration and we have to cancel the visa lottery. every american no matter where they're born will benefit from the creation of a lawful immigration system that it is such, you talk about emergency, our immigration system is so broken, folks, it's so sad to see, incompetent and we have people pouring in from not just the southern border in méxico, from china. they have a baby on our land, the baby becomes a citizen and welcome to the united states and the parents come in with the baby because the baby is a
10:57 am
citizen. this is like crazy. they used to call it anchor babies but doesn't sound nice. are laws are so crazy but one by one we are finding ways. they call them loopholes, i'm finding loopholes to get around the loophole because the congress can't act, they just can't act. [cheers and applause] >> the democrats in congress don't want to touch any of it. visa lottery, that's where they put in the names, they put it in a lottery. you pick, here is a wonderful person, wonderful, he killed 4 people. here is another wonderful -- they get in and we say, that person just came into our country, he just robbed the store and killed somebody, how is that possible? because they send us the people they don't want.
10:58 am
[applause] >> form of subsidy we give to other nations. immigration systems that prioritize the admission of those who can support themselves financially and contribute. we want people that can help themselves, that can support themselves, we have people coming in, we support them from the day they come in till the day they die, we can't do that as a country, we can't afford that as a country. [cheers and applause] issues, dt lawmakers have totally abandoned the american mainstream but that's going to be good for us in 2020. they're embracing open borders, socialism and extreme late-term abortion. weeks ago lawmakers in new york cheered as they passed legislation to allow babies to be ripped from the womb of the
10:59 am
mother, right up to the very moment of death, the likes of which i don't think i've ever heard, in virginia, the governor, a democrat stated that he would allow babies to be born, to be born outside. he would wrap them, he would take care of them and then he will talk to the mother and the father as to what to be done and if they didn't want the child who is now outside of the womb, long outside of the womb they will execute the baby after they will execute the baby after birth and that's one many people have never heard of or thought about. this is a radical agenda by the
11:00 am
democrats and when you put something up as was just put up before the senate, everybody on the democrat side votes for it. by the way, i have to say one thing. they're lousy politicians and they have lousy policy. they have policy i could neversome if i wanted to. but, but, big but, they always stick together. and the republicans don't. remember that. [ cheering and applause ] >> remember that! they always stick together. they vote in blocks. they have 47. we had a tremendous victory. we were were given no credit. i can't go and campaign for all of the people in the house. too many. and guys like meadows wins by so many points. he doesn't need any help. he doesn't need it. you need any help? i'm okay. they win by 30, 35. they're oka

30 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on