Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  March 6, 2019 5:00pm-6:00pm PST

5:00 pm
team in the business and they offer candidates an opportunity important opportunity to offer case to the largest tv news audience in america which offers many persuadable voters. we hope they will consider that. this is the story. ♪ ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." ever get the feeling that news stories come and go faster than they used to. ask anyone in the news business. it's real the oj story lasted about a year. now it feels like there is an oj a week. maybe it's the effect of staring at screens all day jumping from snippet to snippet our brains have been rewired to think only in the present tense or maybe there is a lot more news than there used to be some world historic crisis its every four days knocking the last world historic crisis from our consciousness forever. once upon a time people had a chance to digest their disasters. the titanic, for example sank in april of 1912, in
5:01 pm
191982 the "new york times" wrote a front page feature about titanic survivors. 70 years later people still remembered the story. can you remember what happened 70 days ago? how about 56 days ago? think back to that cob web shrouded period in our history, it was january of 2019. the federal government had just shut down, the president said we needed a border wall. the democrats scoffed at him. they claimed the entire immigration crisis was, quote, manufactured. the news media hardly weighed in on that debate and in case you can't remember whose side the media took here is a clip from our archives. >> folks the president has manufactured one heck of a political crisis for himself. >> donald trump is manufactured a national security crisis. >> you will hear him say this is a manufactured crisis. it's not a national security crisis. >> from nancy pelosi down to debbie wasserman schultz or anybody else who will give him a dime for this project. >> because it's manufactured.
5:02 pm
>> it's a manufactured crisis for the president to get a political win. >> we have a president who will go on tv tonight and lie and lie and lie some more. this is a manufactured crisis. >> tucker: all together now manufactured crisis. six sil syllables. learn them repeat them until plausible. move on they will never remember you lied. that's exactly what they did. they always do. reality has unpleasant habit of reinserting itself into these things. can you dismiss a crisis as manufactured that doesn't mean the crisis doesn't exirs is. in the last month 76,000 illegal aliens crossed the u.s.-mexico border highest number in a decade. more than the entire population of san francisco or boston or washington, d.c. every single year. coming by foot over just one of our international borders. that is a crisis manufactured or not. how would the people in charge responding to this
5:03 pm
crisis? they are still lying and not just lying because that's never enough for them. they are lying and sneering at the same time all with maximum self-righteousness. they are selling us a steaming load of bs and screaming at us for not believing it. here is young pioneer alexandria ocasio-cortez. letting you know that if you want your border secured, you are a bad american. the good americans are the ones try to sneak into america. >> the president should not be asking for more money to an agency that has systematically violated human rights. the president should be really defending why we are funding such an agency at all. those women and children trying to come here with nothing but the shirts on their back to create an opportunity and to provide for this nation are acting more in an american tradition than this president is right now. >> tucker: yeah. they are the real americans. well ocasio-cortez expanded on this on twitter last night. she denounced any democrat who might be tempted to compromise in any way on
5:04 pm
immigration. only open borders are morally acceptable. quote: where was the concern last week when 26 democrats voted for a g.o.p. amendment to expand ice powers rooted in the racist plus false trope that latino immigrants are more dangerous than u.s.-born citizens? ocasio-cortez continued this way quote the entire premise of a wall is not based in fact. it's based on a racist plus nonevidence based trope that immigrants are dangerous. yet some dems are willing to compromise and spend billions on a trope because we have accepted some kind of racism as real politic in america end quote. racist! white supremacist! anyone who disagrees with me is a nazi. how tired of you are screeching like this? how boring has it become? well not to alexandria ocasio-cortez she thinks it's fresh and cutting edge. she thinks she is the future. in fact, she is completely out of touch. she has no idea what america is like. her tiny little world of
5:05 pm
fair trade coffee shops is thriving. she thinks everyone lives like her that's how closed her mind is she is the oldest 2 the-year-old in history. for millions of other people the country they grew up in is crumbling. immigration is not the only reason because major reason for it. every year in america drug overdoses kill more americans than the entire vietnam war. one of the main kauai ca causes of that is fendal much of which is snuggled across the mexican border. in all of fiscal year 2013 the feds seized a total of 2 pounds of fentanyl enough to kill 450,000 people. in 2018 last year customs seized 1747 pounds of fentanyl. that is almost 900 times as much. it's enough to kill 396 million people. that's more people than live in the united states and canada combined. now that bothers you, are you a racist? ocasio-cortez and the rest of the morons say yes, you
5:06 pm
are. everyone else understands that borders are what make a country. if you can't control who enters, you are a failed state. just this morning dhs secretary secretary nielsen put it in perspective. set to hit 1 million by the end of this fiscal year. more illegals will come in the first six month 2019 this year than came in all of 2017. that's a crisis it's also a humanitarian catastrophe. >> today's migrants flows have created a humanitarian catastrophe. in one study, more than 30% of women reported sexual assault along the way and 70% of all migrants reported experiencing violence. very unfortunately, because of the increase in violence at ice, when we have families with children, we have to give every girl a pregnancy test over 10. this is not a safe journey. >> tucker: wait, what? it's not safe to walk through the dessert? migrants get raped trying to
5:07 pm
sneak into america? you must be a racist if you think that. quick, somebody tell cnn so they can denounce nielsen as a white supremacist? someone might believe her otherwise. meanwhile the border degrades, unaccompanied minors keep showing up here. word has gotten out that almost nobody will ever be deported from this country. claim asylum and get released everyone in central america knows this. why wouldn't they? since 2,000 the number of pending immigration court cases has gone to barely 100,000 to more than 800,000. about 22 million illegal immigrants already live in the united states. that's more people than the populations of 16 u.s. states combined. that is more than the entire new york city metropolitan area just of people here illegally. remember, it's not a crisis. it's a guaranteed democratic majority for the next 100 years. that's a good thing. ask cnn. the univision anchor joins us today. enrique, thanks for coming on. my memory as i age gets a
5:08 pm
little bit spottier. you were one of those insuring us this is not a crisis. looking at the numbers, which i don't think you would contest because they're real, do you want to reassess that? is it now a crisis? >> well, the first time i came on your show last year, tucker, i told this strategy the administration's strategy was not working. he was only making things works. i talked about humanitarian crisis at the border. you laughed and told me i was crazy. you told me i was lying and part of this liberal media conspiracy. >> tucker: i don't quite remember that exchange. you are overstating the problem. >> i said by doubling down on the same failed policy of the past 16 years president trump was only making things worse. here we are six months after talking about a strategy that simply hasn't worked. so, that's what's happening at the border. >> tucker: okay, wait, wait, wait. hold on. okay. and you know what? i stand corrected you said things are bad at the border. i said everything is fine, enrique, you are a racist stop spewing that propaganda. [talking at the same time] >> there is no security
5:09 pm
crisis there is a humanitarian crisis. >> tucker: for the people involved it is by definition a humanitarian crisis. they are leaving their failed countries trying to get here. i get it i sympathized with them since day one. i still sympathize with them. we agree with that for american citizens, when you have 22 million people living here illegally, that's more than 16 states combined in population, that's a crisis for us. that's what you denied. and i doubt you will admit it now. >> that's just an estimate. another estimate says, you know, this just depends on which number you want to use. it says there are half of that. 11 million undocumented people. >> tucker: oh, only 11 million. only larger than new york city, i get it. >> right. >> tucker: so here is my question to you. how many would constitute a crisis? how many people do we have to let live illegally in our country before we say you know what? we have to start deporting people? what's the number? give me a sense? ball park? >> i think there is a crisis. that's not what we are debating there is a humanitarian crisis at the border and a wall and limiting the number of
5:10 pm
people who can claim asylum legally that's not going to make things better. that's actually going to make things worse. these refugees are turning themselves in to border patrol agents. they are not running away from border patrol agents. >> tucker: because they know the system is a scam and that's why very have 800,000 pending immigration cases. >> you are telling me that children, 7 and 8-year-old children their mothers know that the system is working in their favor? they know how the legal system works in the u.s.? >> tucker: that's exactly what i'm saying and you know that's true. >> that's the reason they are coming. not because being victims of violence and extreme. >> tucker: i never doubted that i'm an american, and my interest is in my country, which is the united states of america. and i don't believe that having tens of millions of people illegally in your country or using social services is good for my country. it may be good for theirs. it's not good for mine. we have more illegals living in this country. >> make the country worse, tucker, i would like to know. >> tucker: it's very simple.
5:11 pm
when people who are poor come to a country that's getting poorer,. >> right. >> tucker: that country doesn't get richer. i don't have to guess about that because i have lived here. >> the immigrant were very poor when they came to this country and now the most celebrated dines icelebrate dyne u.s. [talking at the same time] >> that's where the racist comes in to play maybe immigrants are coming from latin america. keep conflating with crime and economic hardship every time in your show when we talk about immigration have you images of dangerous gangs and -- >> tucker: i'm a racist for wanting to control who comes in my country. >> comes from conflating immigration. >> tucker: i'm not conflating anything. [talking at the same time] >> tucker: i'm not conflating everything. >> i want to talk about immigration on your show there is a negative connotation to this. negative images illustrating immigrants like dangerous
5:12 pm
gangs. >> tucker: i'm not trying to use vulgarity on the air. it takes a lot of hutzpah doesn't it to come into someone's country illegally break their laws and use their social services and whip around and social services. that takes guts, doesn't it? you are doing that to me right now. i'm a racist. >> i'm not using any social services. i'm actually pays hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes. i don't use any social services as an immigrant i can't. you know. >> tucker: it's been a very generous country for a long time and this kind of abuse makes americans more cynical and less generous. and so if you want immigration to continue to enrich this country you have to get in no control. quit calling them racist it's tiresome. >> racist comes with conflated immigration crime with hardship. >> tucker: they don't like being invaded. i get it enrique, thank you.
5:13 pm
>> thank you. >> tucker: buck sexton was just there at the border. is it a crisis? he would know. we will talk to him after the break. ♪ ♪ feel the clarity... of non-drowsy claritin... and relief from symptoms caused by over... 200 outdoor and indoor allergens. like those from pollen, pets and dust. because new memories start with dusting off old ones. feel the clarity and live claritin clear.
5:14 pm
5:15 pm
5:16 pm
5:17 pm
♪ >> tucker: well, for months when it was politically useful to them all the people on tv told you there was no crisis at the border. the very idea was absurd and you were a moron for thinking it. now it turns out they were just reciting dnc talking points which is what they do every single day. so what is actually going on at the border? buck sexton was there a short time ago a former cia analyst now with the hill he joins us. buck, i'm starting to suspect that everything i'm
5:18 pm
hearing about immigration from the other side is a lie. no good faith at all that all of it is propaganda. is it fair. >> long series of lies. walls don't work we figured out as a country that's not true no. crisis at the border that's not true. the caravans will never make it to the border that's not true. lie after lie after lie that the media has told. now that we have new data, it's impossible for them to continue to pretend it's not a crisis. they say it's only humanitarian crisis. it's actually multiple crises. there is a humanitarian component, no question about it that also ties into the national security component because now the cartels make sure that when there is a large group that remember senders at the border in one area, guess what? they run the drugs in seek tore that now know border agents tied down. directly ties into fentanyl. methamphetamine highest usage ever in this country. people don't talk about meth usage because the opioid crisis is so bad. >> tucker: that's coming from mexico. >> being made in high end
5:19 pm
laboratories in mexico. laboratories that you would expect for pfizer or big pharma company. they are churning them out. and the big problem here, tucker is that it is going to get worse. the laws that we have are such people who show up at the border who have a child are guaranteed to stay. there is no way that change. this i was on your show that other activist gentleman was on a few months ago and had this exchange where was why couldn't the entire country of guatemala say as long as i have a kid i'm going to come to the u.s. border and know that i will get into the united states? under the law right now, we are testing that theory out. the word is out. the numbers are going to get bigger. and we have no means of stopping this right now unless congress actually does something. this is what the law says. >> tucker: you are complain about it you are a bigot. any other country put up with this. >> absolutely not. what you see and this came up in last segment the democratic party is not opposed to illegal immigration. i think that's pretty blatantly. >> tucker: they are not for america. they are actively against
5:20 pm
america. i am a charitable person. it's ash wednesday, i want to be a good christian. i don't know what other conclusion you reach. >> they don't believe in sovereignty. if you use the word sovereignty now people in the democratic party look at you strangely. rule of law obviously is largely out the window here. they keep saying they play this game if you surrender you are seeking asylum. as we know people within 24 hours often now because they are overwhelming the system. this is intentional. we also know this from border patrol. they have been told. they have seen this themselves. people are now showing up. they know the system. they note game. if they have a kid with them guess what they will be on a plane in many cases to wherever they want in the united states never to be seen by u.s. authorities. that's also very different. when people are playing this game another lie tucker numbers aren't as bad as they used to be. the numbers in 2005 and 18990s was when that was a particular surge of illegal immigration a lot of those people were being deported back to mexico right await a minute it was really catch and release back into mexico often whereas now these other than mexico otms
5:21 pm
what they call them when they get to the border they can't be sent immediately and deported back into mexico get released into the united states and no serious person thinks they are going to be deported. this is an open door policy. if you have a kid we have an open border right now if you come from a noncontiguous country if you show up and say i want to statement it is crazy. absolutely nuts. >> tucker: it is crazy. if you tolerate it hostile act against the country. i don't see any other way to read it buck sexton thanks. sexton thanks so much. tom homan joins us tonight. thanks so much for coming on. the argument to the extent can you call it that from the other side is often, look, the details don't matter. what matters is that the trump administration has constructed cages and get teary if they tell you this in too which it is throwing latin american children and letting them languish is that true. >> that's not true. i watched the hearing today i respect chairman bernie
5:22 pm
thompson he accused the secretary of misleading the american people and misleading the committee. is he misleading the american people. they're not cages chain link dividers go up to the ceiling separate children from unrelated adults. if we didn't do that back in 2014 and 2015 when they were built, the first child gets molested by unrelated adult? what happens? now they are under investigation for that chain link fences separating vulnerable population unrelated adults. >> tucker: built in 2014 and 2015. trump wasn't president then. >> barack obama was president. i was there when they were built. these cages they want to call them these facilities we house families were built under president obama and secretary johnson. thristles when they constructed them. >> tucker: did they say anything about it? >> not then but now it's a terrible thing. family detention and locking families up in a family residential center. when president obama was president we had 100 family detention beds. under his administration we built 3,000 more. i built them. so, for the democrats to
5:23 pm
mislead american people and say these are trump's cages and we are locking families up. first of all, they are treated very well and treated better now than they ever have been. these facilities without a doubt are built under the obama administration because i was there when they were built. and it very easy the democrats want to investigate it, foia the acquisitions paperwork. foia when these facilities were built. it's clear when they were built. 2014-2015. >> tucker: why does no -- democrats obviously have their own motives for not saying that they are a political party. but why wouldn't people who are reporting on this for a living make that clear? that we have had these since the last administration like them or not and that's a fact? i have never heard this. >> i'm not a politician and i'm not running for office. i'm a career cop for 34 years. i can state facts. as a citizen the media is anti-trump. the story is 90% of the stories are anti--trump. the democrats know the border is out of control. anybody that doesn't recognize that it is just ignoring the facts.
5:24 pm
their hatred for trump is more important than their responsibility to protect our nation and protect our borders. that's just the stone cold fact. i have never seen anything like this in my 34 years of doing this job. it's incredible. >> tucker: quickly, drill down on that. what do you mean you have never seen anything like this? >> i have never seen our representatives, elected by the people to defend this nation to ignore the very sovereignty of this nation. it's not a nation without borders. it's not only about enforcing the laws that they enacted, ice and border patrol is doing nothing -- they are not making any of this stuff up. they are enforcing the laws that congress enacted. they would rather vilify the men and women of ice for enforcing their laws than change the laws if they don't like them. i worked with six presidents starting with president reagan. i respect the office of the presidency. that is no longer around. i mean, there are people, president trump is our elected put, elected by the people of this country. because of the issues that he thinks are important for this country. is he trying to fulfill his
5:25 pm
promises and he is haighted by the other party for it this is not the america i grew up in. it's certainly not the american that we should be in and i'm hoping we finally got a president who believes in getting that america back that you don't kneel for the national anthem. you serve your country and serve it proudly. in my 34 years i have never seen anything like it. when i watched the hearing today it was theater. it's not getting to the facts of family attention and family separation and the issues they want to bury today. this was theater. >> tucker: they don't care. it must be extremely from us stating for someone who spent his whole life working on. this thank you. >> tucker: make a push to impeach the president object they are going to. some party veterans democratic party veterans are warning that's not a good idea. we'll explain that next with dana perino. ♪ ♪ but do you take something for your brain.
5:26 pm
with an ingredient originally discovered in jellyfish, prevagen has been shown in clinical trials to improve short-term memory. prevagen. healthier brain. better life.
5:27 pm
jushis local miracle ear t at helped andrew hear more of the joy in her voice. just one hearing test is all it took for him to hear more of her laugh... and less of the background noise around him. for helen, just one visit to her local miracle-ear is all it took to learn how she can share more moments with her daughter. just one free hearing test could help you hear more...
5:28 pm
laughter...music...life... call now for your free hearing test from an industry leader: miracle-ear.
5:29 pm
>> this deplorable,
5:30 pm
despicable human being that occupies the white house should not be there. they say maxine please don't say impeachment anymore. and when they say that, i say impeachment, impeachment, impeachment. [laughter] tuck tug well, just last year democratic leaders told us impeachment was not on the agenda. nobody believed them. now impeachment might be the only thing that can hold together their fractured outraged party. jerry nadler of new york concedes impeachment is coming even though evidence to support it has not been found but will be. >> do you think the president obstructed justice? >> yes, i do. >> if that's the case, then is the decision not to pursue impeachment right now simply political? if you believe he obstructed justice? >> no. we have to -- we have to do the investigations and get all of this. we do not now have the evidence all sorted out or anything to do an impeachment. before you impeach somebody, you have to persuade the american public that it ought to happen. >> tucker: some democrats
5:31 pm
though are warning that an impeachment trial could damage the democratic party and that's bad because the democratic party is most important thing, always. david axelrod warned on twitter a recent wave of more than 80 democratic subpoenas too easily plays into the witch-hunt people. long time clinton family aid greg hale said please don't impeach him he won't win in 2020. he deserves that i believe that what's the best long term play for the country question mark? dana perino host of daily briefing, of course, one of our favorite people in the building she joins us tonight. double question. >> okay. >> tucker: will the president be impeached by democrats and will, if that happens, that trial hurt the democratic party? >> well, i think if they do it, of course, yes, i think they all know it's going to hurt the democratic party. that's why you see people like david action sell rod and dave hale and others whoa, whoa, whoa. they have to tap the brakes. there is three types of democrats. first have you people like
5:32 pm
chairman nadler. he is in a very safe district. he is an old bull of the congress. he has been chomping at the bit to have the gavel back. he pay no, sir political price in his district because is he going to win again and also he has a way to keep the base happy. and then you have got a second group which are the freshman they won in very tough districts, right? 40 seats. most of those were in republican-held districts that could easily be switched back in 2020 to republicans because that's how swing districts work. and they don't want to talk about this. they want to show that they can govern on infrastructure, healthcare, et cetera. the third group are your presidential candidates and they have to keep the base happy enough talking impeachment and also look long term to general election where impeachment doesn't work. just last week axios said all the candidates that go to iowa right now are not talking about trump. they are not talking about mueller. they are not talking about russia. they don't talk impeachment. they don't want to talk
5:33 pm
about it. they are in a little bit of a box because the base wants it. the old guard knows that it shouldn't happen but sometimes it's inevitable that you have people like jerry nadler who say i've got the gavel, i'm going to use it. >> tucker: i wonder if insurgents like ocasio-cortez could do to the democrats what trump did to the republicans was outflank them and use social media to do it demand that they live up to their promises which, in effect, are to impeach trump. they call him a criminal how could you not impeach him? could they force the party to do it. >> sure, they could get mad at the establishment. they could say what are you afraid of? why can't do you this? you have to stay in power. you have to be able to do this correctly. here's the other thing is that president trump does better when he has a foil, when he has someone to go up against. and the house democrats are now that foil. it's not just pelosi, right? he seems to actually get along and even respect nancy pe. the others, like the left
5:34 pm
now he has something to push back against. again you get to 2020 and election, not a midterm, it's not a referendum on the president it's a choice between two people. and just like what happened with bill clinton in 1998, right? his popularity went up when the republicans tried to impeach him. >> tucker: right. >> actually did impeach him. >> tucker: republicans actually lost seats in that midterm only happened twice in 100 years that was definitely one of them. finally quick, do you think it's possible that the leaders of the democratic party pelosi, for example, keep this contained? >> i think it will be very difficult and i think if you look at the debate that the house democrats are having just right now about whether to have a resolution on the floor to condemn anti-semitism like they can't even do that. right? so, who is really the leader of the democratic party right now? >> tucker: i'm sorry. i'm sorry to laugh. it's just. >> i know you are not law officering at me.
5:35 pm
>> tucker: calling everyone else immoral can't pass a resolution against anti-semitism. >> tough choice. >> tucker: dana perino, never tough to talk to you. >> thanks, tucker. >> tucker: fox news alert for you. we have exclusive new details tonight on this show about the case of conservative activist hayden williams. he was attacked you might remember while trying to recruit conservatives at uc berkeley. harmeet dhillon is an attorney. she joins us with the latest. thanks for coming on this. was caught on tape and should be fairly straightforward. what do we know? >> well, zachery greenberg who is not a student at u.k. berkeley but sort of floats around on the campus assaulted hayden williams on the video that has gone viral all over the country without provocation coal cocked him and hayden has sustained injuries to his faces a a result of that and his phone. so, after about 10 days, the police did arrest mr. greenberg and he was arraigned in court today on
5:36 pm
three felony charges of assault battery violent threats and then also destruction of the phone as a misdemeanor. and he pled not guilty. so that's what happened in court today. there will be an upcoming court date in about a month for a preliminary hearing. and it will be interesting to see what his defense is because it is very clearly him on the video. so he must have something else in mind in terms of his defense. he has a private attorney. not a public defender. and i have done some digging and i have learned a few other interesting facts about mr. greenberg and his history with the court system. >> tucker: give us a flavor on what those might be. >> so, mr. greenberg over the past couple of years has had numerous incidents where he has filed restraining orders against his roommates in multiple group houses and then moved out of those group houses. his roommates have put in evidence that has been more believable and believed by the court that none of those incidents happened. he has also had a restraining order filed against him by a former roommate which was granted
5:37 pm
by a court. and as a result of that restraining order he had to turn in his guns to the authorities. he has filed several lawsuits against landlords for charges that were later dismissed by the court and found not to be valid and he has filed small claims claims against roommates, again, found not to be sustained for the most part. and so, you know, like almost a dozen lawsuits that i have uncovered that this man is involved in and interestingly, tucker, this is a tactic actually that i have seen used in another case involving a berkeley violent activist. you have had evette flarka has filed false restraining orders on the berkeley campus. a case i'm involved in on the cour court of appeals refutd a false restraining order. growing tactic on the left doing. this he does this with fee waivers so he isn't pays the fees. claiming that he is indigent and he has no visible means of support but his lawyer
5:38 pm
told the reporters today outside the courtroom that he is -- was on the campus studying in the library but not as a berkeley student but studying somewhere else. so there is a lot yet to be known about this guy what motivated him but clearly he has anger issues. one of the people in the lawsuits described, you know, marijuana use and certainly there is a gun at least one gun involved in his possession and so, a lot of -- a lot more to be asked about this guy and how he has private counsel and why is he pleading not guilty? >> tucker: exactly. private lawyer. now angry rich kid. an awful lot of those on the left as you know. >> yeah. >> tucker: harmeet, great to see you. >> my pleasure. >> tucker: actor will smith being attacked for latest film role. literally he has the wrong skin color. thought that attitude disappeared 50 years ago. it lives on the left. that story straight ahead. ♪ ♪
5:39 pm
thanks to you, we will. aw, stop. this is why voya helps reach today's goals... ...all while helping you to and through retirement. um, you guys are just going for a week, right? yeah! that's right. can you help with these? oh... um, we're more of the plan, invest and protect kind of help... sorry, little paws, so. but have fun! send a postcard! voya. helping you to and through retirement.
5:40 pm
woi felt completely helpless. trashed online, my entire career and business were in jeopardy. i called reputation defender. they were able to restore my good name. if you're under attack, i recommend calling reputation defender. and consider joining their groundbreaking campaign to give every american the right to remove old, inaccurate search results by going to righttobeforgotten.org. vo: if you have search results that are wrong or unfair, call reputation defender at 1-877-492-6705.
5:41 pm
5:42 pm
5:43 pm
♪ >> tucker: you may have learned in school the hallmark of authoritarian regime is banning books. remember when all the librarians most liberal would have banned book week. all the books the bad guys don't want you to read here they are? and they ha point. inquisition burned books so did the nazis corrupt regimes everywhere fear the free exchange of ideas and won't tolerate it if they don't have. to say the best sign of america's strength is that we're and we have always been different we don't fear and suppress other people's ideas even if they are offensive or unpopular. we combat them with better ideas. that's how we have always been. that is changing fast. increasingly the norm in america is that some people in america shouldn't be
5:44 pm
allowed to speak and some views are not allowed. judge amy jackson an actual judge is threatening roger stone prison time wrote a new introduction to his book that says unflattering things about robert mueller. that is now a crime according to judge amy jackson according to jackson. amazon which completely and utterly dominates the book sales market around the world just banned a book by british activist tommy robinson because the book is critical of islam. by the way, books criticizes christianity are still on abundant supply on amazon. they didn't just refuse to sell they banned users from selling used copies of it seconds hand. amazon's crackdown much wider effort. facebook shut down his page. youtube banned him. people vastly richer and more powerful than you, richer and more powerful than any of us want you to know that whatever robinson is saying is evil and wrong. and maybe it is. i don't even know what he is saying. it doesn't matter. they don't want you to read or decide for yourself. that's the point.
5:45 pm
the old left, the legitimate left, the left that had integrity would have been horrified by that now they don't care they are in favor. "the washington post" which is owned by jeff bezos vanity site unregistered lobbying arm has not even cord the robinson book ban they're part of the censorship. they are imposing darkness that's what book banning is. well, there is nothing more popular on the left than calling other people racist but sometimes that's hard. how do you accuse someone of being racist against his own race? well, you accuse them of colorism. we're not making up. actor will smith was cast in the king richard father of venus and serena williams they are melting down they claim will smith is too light-skinned for that role. danielle green balm senior contributor at the federalist and columnist u.s.a. she joins us tonight. danielle, this argument that people's moral value can be discerned by the color of
5:46 pm
their skin wasn't that the core argument of the segregationist of the american south? >> it was an actually, you know, tucker, you and i discussed this this summer with the scarlet johanson controversy we are seeing over and over again the activist mob is deciding whether you get to play a role in a movie has nothing to do with your skill but is rather just about what you look like. >> tucker: but, i mean, i have got a bunch of kids. i went to school in this country myself from the first grade all the way through college, you were taught correctly that one of the great sins in american history was jim crow which was a very lab brat system based on exactly this preaccept your value corresponds to your skin color. how county people who claim to be against jim crow make this case? >> they can't or they shouldn't but they are trying to. total slap in the face to anyone who has fought for equality and fought to have a society in which we don't judge people on the color of their skin. >> tucker: so, to get to the specifics of this case, they are saying that will smith
5:47 pm
is not black enough or i hate even to say this it's so disgusting but that he is somehow the wrong color. how is he responding to this? >> that's exactly what they are saying as if they have brought a tape color up to his skin and saying you are one too many shades too far removed from the person you are supposed to portray is actually looks like. and so far i think he has kind of seemed to be standing his ground. i hope he doesn't follow the path that has been set out before him by other actors who have cowed to the mob and say i'm not going to do this i have clearly crossed the line and done something that polite society doesn't do. he brings a lot to any role. is he a great actor and one that brings audiences and that's probably part of why he was chosen. i think it will be a real shame if he kind of gives in to the pressure that he is currently facing. >> tucker: has anybody stood up and said wait, this is insane, we have become what we said we hated? we're the problem? has anyone sort of turned
5:48 pm
the lens inward and admitted the rot at the very core of the modern left on the question of race? >> i would be so pleased to see that. i haven't seen that piece. certainly not out of the left. and it's exactly what you just said it's the modern left. the historical left would be so disturbed by the this argument, they would be aghast that we're once again totally judging people and putting them into boxes based on just now the color of their skin but precise shade of their skin. unfortunately today the leftists today are the ones that love to judge people based on their identity. >> tucker: know that because they're the ones calling other people racists. will smith wrong color shouldn't have a job you are a racist. self awareness in sort supply. daniella thank you. >> thank you. >> tucker: we have been told the 201 2016 presidential race was by hillary clinton. shouldn't they claim that
5:49 pm
hillary clinton run against to claim her rightful post. they are not. that's interesting. we will investigate it after the break. ♪ ♪ getting. being a usaa member, because of my service in the military, you pass that on to my kids. something that makes me happy. being able to pass down usaa to my girls means a lot to both of us. he's passing part of his heritage of being in the military. we're the edsons. my name is roger zapata. we're the tinch family, and we are usaa members for life. to begin your legacy, get an insurance quote today. each day justin at work... walk. and after work. he does it all with dr. scholl's. only dr. scholl's has massaging gel insoles that provide all-day comfort. to keep him feeling more energized. dr. scholl's. born to move.
5:50 pm
5:51 pm
5:52 pm
♪there's no escape... it's taking over.♪ ♪...you better get moving. ready or not♪ ♪...it's about to go down here it comes now♪ ♪...get ready (oh oh oh oh), get ready♪ ♪...moving. ready or not ♪...get ready (oh oh oh oh) new galaxy. free buds. music to your ears. get free galaxy buds when you pre-order galaxy s10 or s10+.
5:53 pm
♪ >> tucker: as we have told you a couple times on the show michael cohen basically shut down the entire russia investigation by saying under oath there was no collusion he would know. doesn't matter it is still an article of faith on the left that the last presidential election was rigged by that dastardly vladimir putin and secret facebook agents. anna who works at a bunch of networks amazingly repeated that claim just yesterday. >> trump campaign trump world they are experts at pregaming and at spinning. and, yes, remember when they talked about everything being rigged. turns out they were right. everything was rigged. it was rigged for them. they had the help of the russians. >> tucker: you have got to
5:54 pm
wonder at a time i don't care what they say about the unemployment rate our labor force participation rate is appalling, there are millions of people who want to work who aren't working should be working and anna navarro has three different jobs. how do we wind one a country like that. she is not alone. other people too. democratic lawmakers and media adjuncts water carriers often tell you the last presidential election was stolen. >> the russians exploited a massive back door into the foundation of our democracy. the work by russian agents to try to destabilize american democracy. >> everything you need to know about the threat to our democracy. >> responding to russia's assault on our democracy should be a bipartisan issue. >> there is no question that russia attacked us. >> attacks on our constitution. >> attack on the integrity on our election. >> an attack on our democracy. >> the first time we have had adversary attack us that we have not responded. >> tucker: so don lemon said it they stole it from hillary the russian dssments hillary certainly thinks
5:55 pm
that. she should be president right now according to them. so if that's true, why does nobody seem especially eager for hillary to run for president again? people seem to see you a deep deep sigh of relief on monday when she said she isn't running again in 2020 when her aides walked that back a day later and said she could still run. nobody was excited even on the left clinton's continued presence triggers groans more than applause. why is that? she was robbed in 2016. she is a martyr. why shouldn't she come forth to claim her rightful place on the american throne? we asked that question quinton james founder of the collective pac. he joins us tonight. thanks a lot for coming on. super simple, i want to take the claim at face value putin stole it from this poor woman she is rich and famous and has her own plane i feel bad for her because she should be president. why aren't democrats encouraging her to run again. >> thanks for having me on. i don't think folks are saying they don't want her to be president. hillary clinton has said
5:56 pm
that so they are very much taking her lead. she has stepped up to found a new organization onward together that is supporting a new generation of democratic activists and progressive kind of movement leaders and so this isn't really about rehashing 2016. i think what we are calling for though is for trump to be held accountable to what we did see happen in 2016 with the russia interference in our election. every intelligence agency in this country has said that russia influenced our election. why is our president running away from this investigation, running away from finding out the truth? that's the question that i think that's before all of us. >> tucker: i know. it's about crushing trump i get it it's been going on a couple years now and coast guard intelligence is on board with the fact that the russians did that. >> and the cia and the nsa. >> tucker: whatever they are totally nonspecific. what does that mean? they have never told us what it means actually. >> that's why robert mueller is still investigating. we are waiting for his investigation to be over. >> tucker: absolutely and waiting with baited breath there is a victim in this
5:57 pm
crime if it was in fact a crime as you allege and that's hillary clinton. she should be president and she is not because of those darn russians. so why is nobody making any effort to make it right? to make her president again? how in the world can kamala harris who was not the victim of a russian plot, can she step up and try to be president when hillary clinton is still strides the earth. i'm serious. >> tucker, making it right isn't putting her on the ballot again. >> tucker: why? >> this would be her third time running for president. >> tucker: she won last time you told me that th she won but the russians stole it. >> she did receive 3 million more votes. >> tucker: that's huge. >> she does not want to run again. take her lead for that and move on as a party which we have been doing. >> tucker: hold on. if she came out tomorrow and said actually i want to be president you would be of course all in behind her, right? every democrat would be. how could you take someone who has it stolen from her and not endorse her? >> hillary clinton is one of the most accomplished public servants in american history.
5:58 pm
if she wanted to run for president i'm sure our party would welcome her into the race. >> tucker: would you say to kamala harris come on she just had it stolen from her. i'm playing games. you know the truth no one thinks it was stolen from her. they look down on her. she is the past. they have zero interest in her running. if she were to run tomorrow you would attack her and you know that? >> who would attack her. this someone of the most accomplished public servants of american society. >> tucker: shut up. she is not she. >> she has a right to do. so what we know for some reason vladimir putin and the russians did not want her to be president in 2016. >> tucker: they feared her. that's what she said. >> would do not know why dump and the party accepted their help. 34 individuals in the trump orbit have been indicted or charged in some form or fashion with the mueller investigation. we don't know where this is going to end. >> tucker: everything you said is not true. it's hilarious. it's hilarious. >> it is factual though.
5:59 pm
>> tucker: it's literally not factual. not a single american has been indicted, not a single american not one and if i'm wrong tell me who that person is because i missed the news. >> there have been 12 people directly who are associates of donald trump's campaign. >> tucker: i'm sure that's true. but not one of them for affecting the outcome of 2016. that's not even been alleged by robert mueller or any prosecution. >> not yet. we are not done with the investigation, tucker. we don't know where this is going to go. >> tucker: not yet. super quick, we only have 10 seconds left. if it turns out that mueller says yes, there was collusion, will you demand that hillary clinton take her place on the throne? >> listen, that would be a question of constitutional changes around how do we replace a president, right? so obviously if donald trump is impeached, what, we are looking at mike pence becoming president if is he impeached then nancy pelosi? >> tucker: has a right to be president. >> come on, no one is calling for anarchy here, tucker. >> tucker: thank you very much. great to see. >> thanks for having me on.
6:00 pm
>> tucker: i wish we could go on forever we can't. we are limited by the laws of physics. our hour is done back tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m. the show that the the show that's the enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and group think. sean hannity is live from new always. welcome to "hannity" tonight. we have multiple stories breaking at this hour. we begin with what has now become a serious, frequent, racist anti-semitic problem within the democratic party at a very high level and a real and clear fear and inability to address this problem and deal with it properly. it's no secret the democratic party has long been obsessed with identity politics. every two years, every four years republicans, anyone that opposes them, racist, sexist, islamaphobic. they want

34 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on