Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  March 21, 2019 9:00pm-10:00pm PDT

9:00 pm
full of joy and they spread it. we celebrate this day. tonight, let's watch, most trusted you spend your evening with us. good night from washington. ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to tucker carlson. various news outlets are telling us thatng the molar report is finally on its r way. we have inside informatio no in. they will go first to the attorney general and the w and there's not much debate about what should happen after that. democrats have demanded the release of the entire document. the president agrees with them and says you like to see the reportrt go public so that votes can assess it for themselves, will bring it all to you when that happens. for now we want to take just a second to put this entire scrolling story into something. our job in the show is to member
9:01 pm
banks integrate a record of what has happened in this country over the past few years and what has happened to it. her grandchildren will want to ouow. if the left has its way they'll never see the details, it will be whitewashed like so much el else. let's recall for the record with the robert mueller investigation is all about. we have a special counsel on the first place. the purse was on to discover whether the president fudged actions on his tax form, it was not to find if you want to do both another hotel and a foreign country. from its first day of the investigation was justified by a single question, did donald trump collude with the russian government to steal the 2016 presidential election? to the president betray his country?ia for close to three years democrats have told us that yes, he did do that. >> it is beyond the shaft of a doubt to me that if there was not collusion there was at least the effort to collude. >> there is plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy. >> there is more to be learned
9:02 pm
about it. i believe there is been collusion. >> but to smelling like collusion. >> was a cold, hard evidence of the trump campaign. eagerly intending to collude possibly with russia. >> tucker: these are not minor charges and if you grew up in this country it is hard to shrug them off. maxine waters is irrelevant, a sideshow. nancy pelosi is not. adam shift as the chairman of the house intelligence committee and he is privy to the most highly classified information our government has. john was the chief of staff and one white house and he is the senior advisor in another white house. beto o'rourke has raised more money than anyone running for president in 2020. these are not peripheral figures, they are the most serious people in the modern democratic party. he felt we had a duty to understand why they're called
9:03 pm
the president of united states a traitor, so we asked them. interviewed them on the show. one of the most persistent accusers was the congressman of california it was a member of the house intelligence , committee. if there was indeed evidence of collusion with russia he would have seen it. yet he never produced any and we asked an and repeatedly. so finally in frustration we offered him a full half hour live with a show to tell us what the evidences. was.ny if you have any evidence at all, annie and i don't care how small it is. i will giv the floor to you. i want to wrap this up. a month later he accepted our invitation and he came on the show but he never produced a single piece of evidence that the trump campaign colluded with anyone. instead he accused us. we asked him what the public can see them along related to the rush investigation. here's what he responded.
9:04 pm
>> and the case of today's memo, what specifically have i espoused that empowers threats to our country? >> you are peddling the narrative that the trump administration is putting out, which also is the vladimir putin narrative. they are retreating this. if you are on the same side with wikileaks and vladimir putin we should a step back. was bidding are you doing? >> tucker: for asking to see government document that he himself has seen, he suggested that we were treasonous. there's been an awful lot of talk like that over the past couple of years. it has completely changed washington. people in the city are now afraid. they don't sent emails, they worry about being denounced. demagogues like eric have terrified them. there's been no honest public debate about what has happened,
9:05 pm
watch this exchange from thewa early days of the administration. adam schefter came on the show and we asked a simple fact based question about what we know and what we don't know. it was, we certainly russian government hacked his gmail account? here's how he responded. >> look in the camera and say i know for a fact that the government of vladimir putin was behind the hacks. >> the government was behind the hacks of her to mike or institution. also in europe. >> tucker: look and say i know they did. >> i think ronald reagan is rolling around in his grave. we were carrying water for the kremlin. >> tucker: i am not carrying water for the kremlin. you can say, they have hacked. >> you to move your show to russianho television. >> tucker: to this day even the most basic, elemental
9:06 pm
question but the clams in the story remain unanswered. meanwhile it has upended our entire foreign policy. if you put americans and present on the basis of charges nobodynd has been willing to prove. how do we know that? shut up, you are a russian agent! the conspiracy hawks seem imperious to that. you can't debate because they want to engage, they throw slurs. they felt no need to demonstrate that any of it was true. >> what point you draw the line and not accuse the president thought any evidence? >> yes betray our country and i don't say that lightly. >> we want evidence before you say that. he sent an agent to russia? >> he works on their behalf. >> is a prosecutor that was the evidence in court. if you know difference. i'm not hearing that. >> it is pretty clear, it is almost hiding in plain sight. >> tucker: wasn't just those
9:07 pm
two, some of the most respective apparently sober figures engaged in this behavior for years. they said things that were so miraculous and so damaging to this country that it has almost hard to believe what was happening. keepep in mind as you watch this clip, with the director of the cia at this time. the most powerful intelligence agency in the world. >> he has evidence that trump's personal lawyer and fixer at michael cohen once eagerly made trip to pragueue during the 2016 presidential campaign. according to new sources, confirmation would confirm part of the steele dossier. >> reports that he was in prague despite his denials from his repeated denials. there is more and more indication that there is something here that is far, far from being anything near a witch hunt. >> tucker: michael cohen was an prague meeting with his russian handlers. that is what he just told us on
9:08 pm
cable television. would think if anyone would know that fact it would the director cia, they know all.ws except perhaps on this one question michael cohen himself might know more. he was asked directly about it when he testified before congress. he had no reason to protect donald trump and he had many eareasons to hurt him. here's what he said. >> have you been there? >> i've never. i've never been to the czech republic. >> tucker: at the same hearing he also told congress thatt in alles his years working with donald trump's personal attorney, one of the most intimate relationships and his life. he had never seen any evidence of collusion with russia. the fair person would considerss that the end of this. place closed. it was too late. by that point it had become such a bonanza for the cable news channel that they couldn't slow down. they had no incentive to admit defeat. they continued as they have since the inauguration as if the story was real.
9:09 pm
night after night they brought us e an endless parade of screamers, buffoons and half-wits while claiming knowledge to the conspiracy. to pick one among a thousand, his expert malcolm nance delivering his analysis. >> when benedict arnold gave the plans to west point to major, they counted him. they did not have any real information linking those plans to benedict arnold other than the fact that he was in his presence at one point during that. everyone knew it was treason when they caught the man. they hung him. at some point there's going to be a bridge of data hearing that is going to be unassailable. >> tucker: thank you for the history lesson. they hung him. let's hang this guy. after a while after years of this motor started to agree thanks to propaganda like what you just saw. 53% of voters now believe the trump campaign works with russia to influence the 2016 election.
9:10 pm
among democratic voters, 67 leave rush it the boat. nobody has ever explained how the russians would have done that, of course they did it. russia right to the election, cnn says that every night. there needs to be consequences for this. once the report appears, donald trump did not collude with the russians. many people who persistently claimed the basis of no evidence that he did collude ought to be punished. not indicted or imprisoned obviously, but thoroughly shamed and forced to apologize. if republicans spent three full years falsely claiming that barack obama included with the government of iran, for those who claimed that ever worked in media or politics again? that is a rhetorical question. long and recklessness should never be ignored. in 2003 they invaded iraq on the premise that he do saddam hussen had massive piles, the claim was
9:11 pm
false. thousands of americanson died.wa trillions were wasted. nobody was punished. to this day he takes a paycheck from "the washington post," bill kristol appears on msnbc. john bolton is the national security officer. there was no repercussions.ss we served a series of eerily similar wars with protectable results. nobody learned anything. we learn anything from the russia collusion hoax? the same cast of liars and buffoons. climate change! degree new deal! we can't give you details, it is too important.rt obey or else. i could easily happen in fact it will happen for certain unless we remember exactly what we have just seen. a former trump campaign advisor and he joins us tonight. if this report comes back, whenever it comes back and it shows or doesn't show collusion between the russian government
9:12 pm
for the trump is no return of yr reputation at the capitol and not at the office of msnbc. he looked back, if you are caught in this like i am and like carter page is an jay dee gordon and others who are your witnesses and to a been ruined. whose careers have been completely destroyed and whose families have been completely destroyed as marginal witnesses, you understand there are real key players in the of this thing. liken for example, you talk abot brendan and these other players at the -- in front. we o have players like dan jone. you know about dan jones. the federalist published a great story by the journalists, he is the guy i talked about in front of the senate committee almost a year ago. this guy was a senate committee staffer, a former fbi analyst
9:13 pm
and he today has raised $10 million to continue the work of fusion gps. he is working closely with glenn simpson today with christopher steele, the former british spy who hillary clinton paid. he is working with him today and he puts out a daily email to reporters and democratic committee staffers on the hill, they are still peddling the russian collusion hoax. they are still peddling stories that have been completely disproven and he is still getting hits in the media even today.ti >> tucker: any idea who is paying for that? >> he has admitted that it is being paid for by george soros, by rob reiner, the meat had. by a foundation close to the character who is running the piece trump now deal. these guys had put up!
9:14 pm
it is almost over $10 billion right now and by the way, while my family and gordon's family and carter page's family and dozens of other families late into the trump kind of orbit have gone completely paused due to this bogus russian investigation. dan jones and glenn simpson and christopher steele, and they getting rich. they are rich beyond their wildest dreams and here's the thing. ino know you believe and others believe that there is nothing criminal going on here, i disagree. look up 18 usc 2384 and apply that to dan jones. if we don't have some kind of investigation and dan jones, christopher steele and glenn simpson and fusion gps and if we find a crime and related to that sedition, we have no country. we have no rule of law. >> tucker: at the very least we are learning who has real
9:15 pm
power in this country. >> no doubt. >> tucker: thank you very muc much. i think it is fair to say we took this seriously from the beginning and asked i think real questions. we didn't dismiss it. i'm against that, any president who does not.th if it turns out that the investigation did not find collusion, should the speaker of the house, the chairman of the committee, don't they own apology? >> i don't think that is going to happen. neither extreme will get exactly what they want, there'll be be plenty on this report. both sides will cling to and will be able to highlight these issues. here's what we know. every time it donald trump goes out and criticizes and undermines that attacks the intelligence services of the united states, defense of himself and in defense of floodway pollutant. basically he took his side and he iss doing a great disservice.
9:16 pm
>> tucker: i don't know how your grades were, but donald trump was elected by voters. the so-called intelligence community was not elected by anybody. they are bureaucrats who work for one man. he has led to disagree with them, if they don't like it then they leave. other power derives from the elected official, the presiden presidents. the idea that you are not allowed to criticize the intel agency, maybee there is a coup n progress? really? >> the crazy thing about this is that you make the same argument about the u.s. military attacking democrats. >> tucker: if there was ever a flag officer wasre insubordinate or attacked, the president he was serving? that is not allowed. you serve the president. it is the executive branch of government. >> here's the key thing. this investigation is not coming out of left field.
9:17 pm
it started as a counterintelligence operation because were clear signals and clear signs and clear evidence that the russians were attempting to interfere and use trump campaign. both the candidate and his staff at either winning -- >> tucker: a speaker of the house and unlike other people are not fixated on maxine waters. i don't care what she says. nancy pelosi is not stupid, the third most powerful person. she called trump the russian agent. if she can prove that, why wouldn't she apologize? >> there soy many things that we've already seen that have to raise this question significantly. the firing of james comey. >> tucker: i got it. let me pin you down on this one thing. i want to say this. the report comes out, we could see that as the final word? >> want to see what is in the report. i will not prejudge pets.
9:18 pm
both supersets can take with it. >> tucker: you either occluded or you didn't. you either are a traitor to your country or you are not. >> there are bigger issues i do know that. bill barr could decide, if there is obstruction of justice when he insisted on derailing an investigation to protect himself, he will decide that that can't be indicted because he barely stomach very clearly stated that.eo it will be congress' role to step in and look at the details. >> tucker: i do want to lecture you with how much this has hurt the country. we both know it has. >> do you know what did that? donald trump taking vladimir putin's side every step. >> tucker: got it. thank you very much. democrats have turned america into a war zone of identity politics, terrifying everybody and now they have turned it on their own candidate which is highly amusing and worth watching. stay tuned. ♪ amusing and worth watching. so stay tuned.
9:19 pm
♪ [peaceful acoustic guitar] (male announcer) we know these memories will last longer than the wrapping paper. we know there's some things you just can't put a bow on. we know the best gift of all is still out there. we know the great outdoors. we love the great outdoors. bass pro shops and cabela's-- where incredible selection, great people, and an experience like no other all come together.
9:20 pm
chicken! that's right, chicken?! candace-- new chicken creations from starkist. buffalo style chicken in a pouch-- bold choice, charlie! just tear, eat... mmmmm. and go! try all of my chicken creations! chicken!
9:21 pm
want more from your entejust say teach me more. into your xfinice remote to discover all sorts of tips and tricks in x1. can i find my wifi password?
9:22 pm
just ask. [ ding ] show me my wifi password. hey now! [ ding ] you can even troubleshoot, learn new voice commands and much more. clean my daughter's room. [ ding ] oh, it won't do that. welp, someone should. just say "teach me more" into your voice remote and see how you can have an even better x1 experience. simple. easy. awesome. ♪ >> tucker: as we noted on the show the left refuses to live up to its own standards, but for once they are. for decades the democratic party has opposed the precepts of politics on the rest of us they've made at the norm to reward some people and punish others purely on the basis of their skin color and their perceived ranking and some imaginary hierarchy of privilege. it made it so questioning any ov this as a social crime, ask questions or disagree and you may be silenced or censored or fired from your job.
9:23 pm
they are turning this society into a, at least now they are applying the same standards to their candidates. almost 20 people in the race democrats could be having a pretty interesting conversation with different policy ideas. it is interesting, they agree on virtually everything in the attack each other almost exclusively on issues of identity. colorado governor recently entered the race and last night because he is a man he was interrogated about if you will select a woman. watch this. >> some of your male competitors have such a pretty woman on the ticket. would you do that? >> of course. we're not asking asking more often, the t women. would you be able to put a man on the ticket? >> tucker: they hissed at him. there was a big mistake. of course he was immediately reflected, he wasn't enthusiastic enough about doing it. with insufficient self hating
9:24 pm
and that is a crime. he is a heretic. they demanded that he burn. >> john's answer about a female running mate sparking backlash. >> i don't know what he was talking about. they arehe democrats who have bn feeling that women have not been given their just due. he is dismissing those concerns. >> i don't know how to reply. 45 presidents have been manned and that speaks for itself. >> it is one of those answers that you really grown at. i did when i saw it. i think i'm going to send him a copy of those placemats without the presidents faces on them that are all men >> tucker: wow. people like that when the words. he is the only candidate of bearing tainted blood. andrew guillen just accused him of enjoying a "set of privilege.
9:25 pm
meaning he is white. politico magazine looking at bernie sanders has asked, hown' does a straight man run for president. kamala harris at a racial credibility called into question since her mother is not black and she married a white man. she is not right, they say. in other words, even presidential candidates are not to say from mob. it does not to feel bad about it. he joins uss now. i have to say, pardon me as disgusted and part of me is amused by this. wouldn't it be better to have a debate about what people believe? how to make the country better rather than step a because of qualities people can't control? >> young to understand is diversity is a representation in the same with politics. you have to understand america's 51% female, when somebody is empower reflect their values.
9:26 pm
here in georgia and other states we have had been voting on women's reproductive rights and we've had men making decisions on women's health care. we have to create a country where everybody has a place at the table. >> tucker: hold on. and it should be able to weigh in on abortion? should women be able to weigh in on prostate surgery? this is so stupid. it is hard to have a conversation. so we spent a lot of time -- >> tucker, it is a double standard. >> tucker: did they vote on that? do they just can't get it buried? to see how this is a dead end? >> when you are dealing with people, they've never had a female other president or vice president. the idea of giving them representation and giving them a voice in a seat at the table should not be seen as identity o politics.ic it is catching up with the times. on.ucker: hold
9:27 pm
>> look at angela merkel. beat that she is probably the worst leader germany has had. i don't think that is a very good example. she is just a bad leader and that is the point i'm making. maybe we should hire the most qualified person or is that say they need a seat at the table -- >> tucker: just so funny. i love -- i'm not attacking you. watching all these liberal men who you know i'm sure have totally primitive attitudes in private sort of berating themselves into this i'm a feminist, too, routine. i'm more sensitive than you are kind of thing. do you feel like saying i just
9:28 pm
want to say what i think and maybe i should stop be intimidated by people who control our language and thoughts? does that never happen? >> i'm always honest. that's the best thing about me. you don't have to worry about that. that's part of the problem the democrats had in 2016. by being too reflective, they let somebody like trump come in and take up that -- what i call the shadow maga. the people who would never go to a rally, but they'll go into the booth and vote for him because we grab them by the you know what, they laughed, that's the kind of guy i could have a beer with. >> tucker: i'm fascinated by this. since you're always honest, would you describe yourself as a pretty big feminist? >> not at all. not in the slightest. but i do respect women's rights and women's ability to lead and to represent. i don't think you have to put a label on it. with labels comes all the baggage -- >> tucker: there's nothing
9:29 pm
embarrassing about being a feminist. now that you said you're not a feminist, i'm not sure they'll let you back into the democratic club. >> thank you, tucker. >> tucker: mark stein joins us tonight. how amusing do you find it to see the democrats eating each other on the basis of identity politics standard? >> i love it. to use that line that we've just been hearing about about everyone wants a seat at the table so they can stick a fork at the other guy. that's basically the reason. just to clear up your thing about sort of men then only have a say about prostate cancer. i was reading a newspaper in canada last week about a woman who died of prostate cancer. so it is totally transphobic of you for you to imply that prostate cancer has anything to do with men just as it is totally transphobic to imply that abortion is anything to do with women.
9:30 pm
and that's the lesson here. no matter how woke you are, you can be outwoke by the next guy in the democrat nominating process. basically hickenlooper doesn't get it. he made the same mistake as martin o'malley saying all lives matter or whatever it was four years ago. instead of black lives matter, he said all lives matter. hickenlooper has it wrong here. you're asked the question, will you put a women on the ticket to show how far you're prepared to abase yourself and mitigate the hideousness of your white maleness. if you're like beto, you're basically a rich, white middle aged guy, but you pretend to be some hispanic skateboarding 12-year-old and all the democrats go, oh, wow, this is so new, it's so different. he's the first hispanic middle schooler to run for president.
9:31 pm
[ laughter ] this is incredible. if you're like -- if you're not, then you have to abase yourself by saying like joe biden is going to put a black woman on the ticket. he said he's going to put stacy abrams on the ticket. hickenlooper has so damaged himself, he would have to put a hispanic transgender woman. it won't be enough to just put a woman on the ticket. he'll have to move it into the next thing. this is where identity politics leads. it's the point about white -- mitigation of your white male hideousness that is actually at the core of it. >> tucker: your point saying that abortion is just a women's issue, that's transphobic. i agree completely. >> absolutely. >> tucker: i intend to make that point consistently on the show. >> thanks a lot tucker. great to be with you. >> tucker: here's news you may not have heard. cnn is being sued, hundreds of millions of dollars, for its fraudulent coverage of the
9:32 pm
covington story. what exactly does the lawsuit allege and could it succeed? we'll have the details a
9:33 pm
9:34 pm
9:35 pm
>> tucker: cnn is battling a $275 million lawsuit over its coverage of the covington high school incident. for some reason, cnn hasn't said much about it. they finally commented on the suit a few hours ago. trace gallagher looked into it
9:36 pm
for us tonight. >> reporter: tucker, there's no rational way to argue that cnn and other media outlets didn't vilify nick sandman during the early reporting of this story. the lawsuit itself focuses on journalistic standards and ethics saying in part, contrary to facts first public relations ploy, cnn ignored the facts and put its anti-trump agenda first in waging a seven-day media campaign against nicholas. when cell phone video was posted on social media, the narrative was that sandman and the maga hat wearing covington kids were wrong. but the entire two hours of video dramatically changed the context and perspective. and showed the altercation began with the students being verbally attacked. even an independent investigation showed the students were not the i
9:37 pm
instigators. cnn taking care on report on additional facts as they developed and to share the perspectives of eyewitnesss and other participants and stakeholders as they came forward. legal experts say nick sandman's burden of proof is certainly high. they believe they do have a reasonable case. tucker? >> tucker: seems that way. trace gallagher, thanks a lot for that. we have a former secret service agent. dan, i'm a little bit confused. cnn calls itself a news network. they have their own media reporter. they have said virtually nothing about this on the air. why aren't they covering this, i wonder? >> they're incredible, right, how the intensity of the coverage seems to have lapsed dramatically. i was reading a piece earlier today that in the first day of this, or two days of this, there were 43 minutes of coverage. >> using that lower third of the
9:38 pm
screen, things like bigotry and harassment on the -- on behalf of these kids and taunting on behalf of these kids. i thought this was the network -- remember their thing? they had that viral ad. this is an apple. you can call it a banana, but this is an apple. it's not an apple when cnn becomes the focus of their own terrible coverage. >> tucker: is it ethical to not report on your own role in a major news story, this lawsuit? >> no, of course not. i mean, listen on the opinion side, do whatever you want. those are opinion shows and they're based on people's opinion. but if you're claiming to be a news network -- that's why i brought up cnn's ad that this is an apple. we're a journalism network. we get the facts right. in journalism -- i can't say this enough. you have one job in journalism. one job. to put out the facts. it's the public's job to then form an opinion based on an
9:39 pm
accurate statement of facts. cnn is proclaiming on their news side that they have the facts in this case tucker when they didn't. they -- as a matter of fact, they had the entire story backwards. completely backwards. no, it is not ethical. they should do the right thing and give the same intensity of coverage to their screw-up as they did initially to the story about sandman which was inaccurate. >> tucker: right, i mean, they're dishonest, so we shouldn't be surprised. we're not -- they slandered the guy, obviously. all of these kids, they called them racist, they mischaracterized the native american activist. why didn't they just apologize for it? >> i don't know if it's some -- well, you know, i'm kind of laughing because you're opening segment today, by the way, was awesome about russian collusion. this is the same network who when i work out in the gym, it's the only tv in the gym. only tv in the whole gym.
9:40 pm
it's the only time i see cnn. it's an all day, hyperbolic fest about a fictitious hoax called collusion. >> tucker: you're right. >> there's more evidence for sasquatch. >> tucker: i'd be willing to believe in sasquatch. final exam is here. lauren blanchard is going for a record-tying tenth win in a row. never missed a question in the first nine. amazing. can you beat her? you'll find out after the break. get great deals on great gear at bass pro shops and cabela's.
9:41 pm
like redhead rock creek shirts for under $16. and save 50% on rugged shark men's axis fishing shoes. your adventure starts here.
9:42 pm
9:43 pm
9:44 pm
>> tucker: finally a break. it's time now for final exam where the news professionals compete to see who has paid the closest attention to what has happening in this country. lauren blanchard has played very close attention. she's now tied for the second most wins on this segment. tonight, she goes for ten in a row. we brought in a challenger for her tonight who also had a notable winning streak of her own. >> thank you. i'm going up against a titan, tucker. >> i'm nervous. >> tucker: both of you have the same kind of sleeper affect. you come in and know everything. this is the one show i haven't bet on. you know the rules. hands on buzzers. i'll ask the questions. the first one to buzz in gets to answer the question. you must wait until i finish asking before you answer. every correct answer is worth a single point. each incorrect answer detracts a
9:45 pm
point from your total as you well know, bitterly. you ready? >> yeah. >> tucker: question one. by order of the national game show commission we must begin this quiz with an animal question. the most expensive bird ever sold at auction was purchased this week for $1.4 million. what kind of bird was it? >> how did you know that? >> it's armando the pigeon. >> tucker: you know his name? >> yes, armando. >> tucker: it's armando the pigeon. >> lauren sitting in this room right now. >> did you know pigeons were -- they're very expensive. >> a european racing pigeon was recently sold for a world record $1.4 million. before this story, i would have believed you if you said the world record price for a pigeon was $6. [ laughter ] >> i'm kicking myself because i did -- i passed that story.
9:46 pm
>> tucker: it's funny, i have the answers on my cards and armando is not even on here. we're just going to assume. >> she could be wrong, though. >> tucker: we'll check with the judges. question two. an artist named stan heard is rooting so hard for one 2020 candidate that he created a 2 acre crop circle of his face. who was it? >> beto o'rourke. >> tucker: aliens are real. is it beto o'rourke? [ music ] >> this is intense. >> oh, my gosh. >> nice detailing. >> tucker: you know what, applaud the innovation no matter on whose behalf. how is a distant second after y. >> but his hands weren't in the crop sickle.
9:47 pm
>> no, they weren't. >> and that is a flaw. >> tucker: okay. i'm just -- i just want you to know i'm taking orders from my bosses in new york and they're saying this is a two-point question. this is the third question. san francisco recently banned plastic straws last year. now san francisco wants to become the first city in america to ban which other product? >> oh, gosh. if i get this wrong, i'm negative two. >> tucker: that's true. >> okay. plastic bags. >> tucker: is it plastic bags? >> san francisco, looking to ban e-cigarettes. officials don't want them in the city at all. >> no! >> tucker: you get -- you get points for boldness. >> san francisco will be the first city in the country to ban -- >> -- on national television. >> tucker: we're not on television right now. >> okay. good. >> tucker: no one's going to see this. >> this is for fun.
9:48 pm
>> tucker: question four. multiple choice. if you looked up at the sky last night, you saw the final super moon of 2019. what's the official name for any super moon that occurs in the month of march? is it a, a spring moon, b, a worm moon, or c a pink moon. >> it's a worm moon. because it's like spring. all the little worms are coming up. >> tucker: really, a worm moon? >> a chance for a rare super moon that will hit full phase at 9:43 eastern. in march, they're called a worm moon because the ground is thawing. >> my worst fear in the world. >> i am such a fan of this woman. i'm not even upset. >> tucker: she hasn't missed a single question. here's the final question. here's a tough one. kirsten gillabrand likes to
9:49 pm
workout in the gym. she took a video of herself doing dumbbell chest presses. something humorous was written on her shirt. what was it? >> it was the phrase, i just want to get some ranch. >> tucker: i just want to get some ranch. >> or i'm -- >> tucker: just trying to get some ranch. is she helping you? >> no. >> posted this video today on twitter of her lifting weights wearing a shirt that says "just trying to get some ranch." that's an woman that interrupted her at a campaign stop last month. >> tucker: so you're absolutely at par. you're even. >> that's right! i tried -- >> tucker: mediocrity. that's the mean. you recognize that. you are like a savage. i'm not even sure what to say. you get another -- it's a little
9:50 pm
weird to hear you do this great deed and we -- you're getting a crown or something or a new car. >> maybe? >> tucker: you deserve one. thank you so much. you're the best. >> thank you. >> tucker: great to see you. >> you're the best. >> tucker: that's it for this week's final exam. pay close attention to the news all week. tune in every thursday to see if you can beat our experts. we'll be right back. chicken?! chicken. chicken! that's right, candace-- new chicken creations from starkist. buffalo style chicken in a pouch-- bold choice, charlie! just tear, eat... mmmmm. and go! try all of my chicken creations! chicken!
9:51 pm
9:52 pm
9:53 pm
9:54 pm
♪ >> tucker: in florida, a group of lawmakers introduced a bill that would allow illegal aliens living in the state to get driver's licenses. it raises obvious questions. why is this a priority for the governor of florida? how is it a crisis that people who are not even allowed to be here don't have driver's licenses?pl has every problem in florida been solved so that lawmakers can ignore the plight of the people who are there legally to focus on illegal arrivals? in fact, this move could make life worse for actual floridians. years ago, the state of connecticut did the same, they gave driver's licenses toey illegals. the glut of applications caused a massive increase in wait times at the dmv, as it would. state officials then lied about it.d they ordered local officials not to talk about why government has ground to a standstill. citizens suffered for the sake of people not allowed to be here. let's be real.
9:55 pm
this is not about helping the people of the state of florida. it's about power. there are only two reasons to do this, to give illegal immigrants driver's licenses. first is make it harder for them to be deported and second is to make it easier for them to votet that's great news if you have decided the future of the country relies on importing voters rather than helping ones who already live here. it's bad news for everyone else. meanwhile on the campaign trail, beto o'rourke argues that the mexican border situation is so awesome, so fantastic, we just knock down the walls that are there. >> we do not need any walls. $30 billion, 2,000 miles long, 30 feet high, to solve a problem that we do not have. >> tucker: everything is great in bud-smoking beto's fantasy version of the 1990s but what about right now? currently i.c.e. detention facilities are so overwhelmed that they are giving up and releasing legal immigrants back into the united states on the street. don't expect any of them to be returned to the countries from which they came.
9:56 pm
so how can we make this better? former obama border control chief mark morgan joins us tonight for some ideas. thanks for coming on.. the situation, and this does point out the lies we've been getting for the past couple years, the situation sounds legitimately bad on the border.. >> it is. i would say now it's actually worse than it was in the late '90s and 2000 because of the demographics change. even though we apprehended more back in the 2000s, the demographic has changed and we removed 90% of those illegally coming in. now because of the judicial activism and bad other case law, we're allowing 65% of the people apprehended, family units and children, they are allowed in and we are releasing them into the united states. >> tucker: this is not why people voted for donald trump, i would say. how would you fix it?t? >> there's three things we can do right away. the first thing is all three of these elements on the
9:57 pm
humanitarian side. we need to remove the incentive for the family units and the children that are coming here and finally for the most part false asylum claims. that's just a fact. the majority of the claims are false and they are denied. incentives and one way we can do that is when they come to the united states, whether at a pory of entry or in between the ports, we return them to mexico and we make them wait in mexico while they wait for their immigration hearing. >> tucker: it's such an obvious answer it's surprising we are not doing that. c most of them came through mexico. why aren't we doing that? >> actually they just started in san diego, they are actually doing that and they started with a port of entry and they're starting to expand it in between the ports. and of course, who filed the lawsuit, the ninth circuit right now? there is an ongoing suit to challenge that. that's what they need to do. they need to challenge it because once you stop that and you make them wait in mexiconc while they wait for the asylum hearing, you're taking away an integral incentive for them.
9:58 pm
>> tucker: what are port courts? >> this has been done and this is another example. they need to triage down there, through intelligence and experience. the cbp, the officers and agents, they can triage the people who come to the border and claim asylum. ones that appear to be legitimate, bring them in, and port courts means we put down ob the border the immigration judges and all the resources we need from a holistic approach to bring them in, go through the hearing and determine whether it's legitimate. if not, remove them. >> tucker: a serious country would do that right away. >> step three is easy. i.c.e., you need to give more funding to i.c.e. for detention beds. 95% of the removals are expeditiously quicker and faster when they are done in detention. we need to fund i.c.e. and get more beds. >> tucker: what's the argument against that? >> i think the argument against that is what you did in your
9:59 pm
monologue. >> tucker: that's my belief a but i want to think well of y people and i mean that. you can't think of a sincere argument against that? >> no, because the facts will show there is no other argument. we know the fact that the majority of asylum claims are false claims, fraudulent claims. most of them either they have never followed through with the filing, they don't show up to court and the ones that do show up, are denied. but because of the broken laws and other judicial activism and what states are doing, they are allowed to stay in the united states. >> tucker: i'm starting to think that a lot of the people that we debate on the show are totally disingenuous. they don't mean what they say. they never stay there real agenda. >> that's why i broke my silence. >> tucker: mark morgan, thank you very much. we are out of time, sadly. we'll be back tomorrow night, 8:00 p.m. the show that is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and groupthink. all of which are in greatt abundance right now. but you have recourse. you have an option.
10:00 pm
you can laugh in the face of authoritarianism and we hope we do. good night from washington. surprising appearance from the empire state, sean hannity. >> sean: i am really proud of you because you have been a champion of speaking out for freedom of speech. and you've never been better. o and everyone's got to understand that we are under fire all the time and you have been strong, articulate in the face of many attacks. we all support you. >> tucker: if our viewers knew how much time we spent on the phone and how grateful that we are that the fox news channel supports us as strongly as it does, thank you. >> sean: the country needs at n least some conservative voices. they want 99.9% liberal voices on the air. tucker, great job. welcome to "hannity." buckle up tonight. i have a special message for jim comey.pe for near

64 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on