Skip to main content

tv   Fox News Night With Shannon Bream  FOX News  March 23, 2019 12:00am-1:00am PDT

12:00 am
brought. that's the true outrage. we will not let this go, we will not stand by and allow this to happen to anyone else in the united states and we are going to be covering the issues that matter to you, the border, what's happening with our health where, we will be back monday, shannon bream and the fox news 19 take it from here. shannon: special counsel robert mueller wrapping up the investigation into potential russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and sent to get straight to the attorney general, the report findings not yet public, democrats already speculating about the possibility of subpoenaing robert mueller. what is in the report and where we go from here? legally and politically will hear from the trump campaign and a member of the house intelligence committee. peter doocy has congressional reaction. john roberts on the president's response so far. we begin with chief intelligence correspondent katherine herridge live at the justice department.
12:01 am
>> earlier today robert mueller delivered the final russian report to attorney general william barr at the justice department. the attorney general sent a formal letter of notification to the congressional committees which direct oversight, house judiciary and senate judiciary. he told the committee's there's a possibility he will be able to provide a full explanation as early as this weekend. what we expect is that would include the decision to prosecute and the declination. those are cases they did not pursue in the criminal courts. now william barr will meet with robert mueller and rod rosenstein to further consider based on regulations and justice department practices what can further be released to congress and the public. what was shared today with reporters was from a senior justice department official who confirmed special counsel robert
12:02 am
mueller recommending against further criminal indictments in this matter, recommending against rather indictments. that is effectively the end of the russia collusion investigation. apologize for the wind because it is the stormy night but a couple final points. what people have forgotten is there is another investigation, almost a parallel investigation by the inspector general of the justice department, michael horowitz, and looked at a number of key issues, when is media leaks from the fbi including classified information during the 2016 campaign period. gifts that were accepted by fbi executives and reporters and others during this period and also allegations of surveillance abuse through the fisa court, specifically the wards obtained for trump campaign aide. the reason i mention that is in
12:03 am
the last 24 hours fox news was able to obtain 40 pages of text messages exchanged between acting fbi director andrew mccabe and fbi lawyer lisa page. the bottom line is twofold, we've been told by a critical source that during the last term these text messages were never provided the congressional committee oversight and the reason they are important is they show a senior justice department official was uncomfortable and have a lot of heartburn over the surveillance warrant application for carter page in october 2016. those are the things that continue to develop. shannon: katherine herridge on a stormy windy night, thank you so much. congressional democrats dangling the threat of subpoenas if they do not get all the information they are demanding from special counsel mueller and attorney
12:04 am
general bar. we are tracking the reaction tonight. >> reporter: democratic lawmakers urged americans to wait for the mueller report so they could learn the full extent of russian collusion but now those same democratic lawmakers are urging americans to wait until the evidence is seen even if it takes a subpoena of the special counsel. >> i would first argue the department cannot adopt a double standard and should cooperate willingly but if it doesn't we can subpoena the evidence. we have to subpoena mueller or others to come before congress and answer questions. >> reporter: every lawmaker who had an event tonight address the mueller report right away and that includes bernie sanders who didn't sound convinced that no indictments means no wrongdoing.
12:05 am
>> i don't know what is in the report, nobody does. i do know, however, that mueller wound up indicting 34 people including six trump campaign officials. >> some democratic lawmakers are going public with fears that attorney general bar might try to touch base with the president's legal team before revealing the report to lawmakers but the top republican on the house judiciary committee is brushing off those concerns based on the way things have gone so far. >> no one has interfered. he had plenty of time to do everything. he has completed it. what will happen now, the attorney general prepared his report and he will send that to us as early as this weekend and in that time we will have the process of what mueller found and it will be coming to the public as we go forward in the way bill bar set out in
12:06 am
regulations. >> there is a separate senate intelligence committee investigation into allegations of russia collusion with the trump campaign led by senator richard burr from north carolina. he says i trust special counsel mueller has conducted a fair and thorough investigation and i look forward to reviewing his report, burr is somebody who has seen thousands of pieces of evidence pertaining to this investigation and made a big splash a month ago when he said in none of it has he found evidence of collusion between the trump campaign and the kremlin. shannon: press secretary sarah sanders says the white house has not seen the report, john roberts following late breaking news from the white house. >> reporter: donald trump in a good news at mara law go as he
12:07 am
hosted a lincoln day dinner, also huddling with his in-house counsel, white house counsel's office in the mueller investigation. i'm told by sources that the president is glad the mueller investigation is over and the russia probe is over and his attorneys are taking comfort from the fact the department of justice said mueller does not plan on seeking anymore indictments. rudy giuliani telling me, quote, this marks the end of the russia investigation. we awaited disclosure of the facts. we are confident there is no finding of collusion by the president and this underscores with the president has been saying from the beginning, that he did nothing wrong. i'm told it is not likely anything will come out in the next 24 hours, maybe 36 hours because there is a lot of material from the department of justice to go through. a lot of material will be classified. a lot of it subject to executive privilege. they are telling me the earliest anything could be released to congress might not be until late
12:08 am
sund one of the things the president did on an almost daily basis was try to undermine the very premise of the mueller investigation so that any report at the end would be looked upon suspiciously by at least the people who bought into the president's argument. according to usa today poll out earlier this week a lot of people did buy into the president's argument and found some 50% of americans believed the president was the subject of a witchhunt. on his way out the door, the president continued to make that point. >> we are going to see what happens. it will be very interesting but we will see what happens. there was no collusion, no obstruction, everybody knows it. it is all a hoax. i call it the witchhunt. it is all a big hunt. we will see what happens. the attorney general highly respected, ultimately will make a decision.
12:09 am
>> the next couple days are going to be interesting to watch. will the attorney general want input on the president's attorneys on his summary report before he delivers it to the hill? will he show it to the president's attorney and also might he seek input in terms of what ends up in the summary. i'm told by sources that we are in an area where there is very little precedent so it will be interesting to find out how things develop in the next 24 to 48 hours. to find out if they are writing an answer report to the mueller report. i was told it all depends on what is in the mueller report because nobody has any idea at this point. a couple other things to watch for. if this report goes some
12:10 am
distance toward exonerating the president but doesn't completely clear him it is expected there will then be a political battle between the white house and democrats in congress over the rest of the materials involved in the mueller report. the entire report and only the short materials that went into the writing of the report and that could be a warehouse full of items. one campaign official told fox news tonight democrats are being hypocritical in their call for the release of the entire report as they have been doing tonight, quote, when it doesn't work in their favor they try to change it. also believed by many people because of the department of justice regulation there won't be a lot about the president in the report because as rod rosenstein told benjamin grassley of the senate judiciary committee in june of last year prosecutors are not supposed to mention misconduct by people who are not being charged so we will see. shannon: some of these political sites may turn legal as well. we will follow tonight. john roberts, thank you. senior justice government
12:11 am
officials telling fox news tonight special counsel not recommending any further indictments. you may recall a special counsel has been a target of repeated criticism by the president who has called the investigation a witchhunt. let's bring in the power panel, democratic strategists, and jeff mason and trump campaign spokesman kaylee mcinerney, great to have you with us tonight. what do you say to those who say don't start already you, there are other legal issues outside this report and we still don't know what this report says. >> we underscore what rudy giuliani says, he has done absolutely nothing wrong and we are confident there is no finding of collusion. this marks the third time we had an investigation and ended up here where the president is completely absolved, back to the senate intel investigation were democrats had to admit they found no evidence back to the fbi mitigation whereafter eight months, peter heather nauert he
12:12 am
said there's no there there. that did not stop democrats from taking us on a wild circus and desperate attempt to retake power. they told us collusion existed based on no evidence for two years and now they have to answer for the american people why they took him down this path. >> throughout the prolonged investigation which saw tens of millions in taxpayer dollars and aggressive surveillance, still haven't seen evidence of collusion. attempts to keep the collusion narrative alive for political reasons will only serve to further harm our political discourse and play into the hands of foreign adversaries. to continue this conversation beyond this report, we will know once bar makes as much public as he can. does this further divide what russia wanted all along? >> that's a fair point. i believe most of america has made up their mind what the report says even before the
12:13 am
report was released. a number of people on the right believe the president was not guilty before there was any investigation and a lot of people on the left, doesn't matter what the president does has already convicted him. one thing that can address this issue is if the report were released to the american public so they could make a factual decision. it speaks to the polarization, people's minds are made up in regards to the president in general. and unfortunate components of what is going on in american discourse. shannon: i keep watching twitter, it takes a lot of discipline for him to not say more. >> all of us are watching closely at how he decides to weigh in. usually not long before the president shares his thoughts on twitter so maybe he will wait until everyone has a chance to take a look at that reports once it is shared with the white
12:14 am
house but it is worth emphasizing we don't know what is in that report. it has not been made public, it has not been shared with lawmakers or the white house or with us. people are beginning to draw conclusions and speculating but the contents of the report, we don't know what his conclusions are. shannon: i want to ask what your prediction is about how ugly this could get on the hill. >> it has been ugly for a long time and it depends what the contents of the report are and whether lawmakers accept the contents. if as john roberts said earlier donald trump is worked hard to undermine the special counsel by casting doubt on the investigation and calling it a witchhunt, say the conclusions of the report say there was no collusion, what donald trump has been saying all along, then will the president accept that? i'm sure he will.
12:15 am
if it doesn't say that, will republicans accept that? i don't know. the same question can be posed to democrats on the hill based on what those conclusions end of being. shannon: we have more political avenues to talk about as more news comes in on this tonight. the democratic chairs of 6 house committees are demanding attorney general william barr make a special counsel at support public immediately and there are subpoena threats being floated. joining me with reaction chris stewart who is a republican member of the house intelligence committee. you haven't seen the report yet. we expect in the coming days that will be to congress first, to this point as a member of the house intelligence committee, what have you seen with regard to the idea of collusion? >> we haven't seen any evidence of that. i've been saying that for a year. the house intelligence committee, the senate
12:16 am
intelligence committee released their report and found no evidence of collusion, conspiracy or obstruction. members of the fbi said the same thing as did democratic senators in general clapper. some people tonight will be disappointed the mueller investigation is concluded and there's nothing dramatic and probably won't be part that can't be surprising. reasonable people have expected this for months or longer. shannon: as we wait to hear more you heard peter doocy, he had soundbites from the house intelligence chair adam schiff saying if we have to we will go after subpoenas, this is what jerry nadler is saying. >> we will see, we will react to that. if it is not made public in its entirety we will subpoena the report and if necessary reserve
12:17 am
the right to call mueller before the committee. >> they are going to continue because they want to see the underlying information, what people do as well. >> will they continue to dig, no evidence of collusion, what about financial transactions, his business, this has been clear for a long time. some type of cloud over this president, this is there political motives. the second thing, we've been told for months, trust mister mueller. i have. implied in their threat, they don't trust mister mueller, they are trying to hide something and i have said for a long time i
12:18 am
hope every word, every sentence, every paragraph of this report is released to the american people. this is a -- it is not nuclear codes or sources or messes. this is a political conversation. the second thing, a single paragraph rejected people point to that, the conclusion is there. they wouldn't tell us. every word of this hopefully is given to the american people so we can look at it and make a decision. shannon: the house had a unanimous vote to that point, the president said i want people to see and confident what is going to be in there. do you think that will be released? we are talking underlying interviews, possible grand jury material. >> there are two elements to your question. the report mister mueller
12:19 am
provides, that should be -- it should be and if it is not released it will be leaked essentially. jillian: 535 people doing that. >> there may be part of that investigation, grand jury proceedings, and other proceedings here. as i said we should, the democratic colleagues, we should trust the report given mister barr -- not having to see the underlying evidence that supports the report. shannon: in the meantime, thank you for stopping in with us. are democrats turning on robert mueller? that is next. - in a crossfit gym, we're really engaged
12:20 am
with who we are as people and making everybody feel welcome. ordering custom ink t-shirts has been a really smart decision for our business. i love the custom ink design lab because it's really easy to use. they have customer service that you can reach anytime. t-shirts help us immediately get a sense of who we are as a group. from the moment clients walk in, they're able to feel like part of the family. - [spokesman] custom ink has hundreds of products for your business and free shipping. upload your logo or start your design today at customink.com.
12:21 am
12:22 am
.. this isn't just any moving day.
12:23 am
this is moving day with the best in-home wifi experience and millions of wifi hotspots to help you stay connected. and this is moving day with reliable service appointments in a two hour window so you're up and running in no time. show me decorating shows. this is staying connected with xfinity to make moving simple. easy. awesome. stay connected with the best wifi experience and two-hour appointment windows. click, call or visit a store today.
12:24 am
>> shannon: top democrats threatening subpoenas could b shannon: top democrats asking for subpoenas could back robert mueller fee does not release the full report and underlying documents. jeff mason and kaylee mcinerney, great to have you all with us. here's something the top democrats chuck schumer had to say about this stuff going public. >> the demand of the public is overwhelming to see the report when it is such a serious matter and it will be made public. public pressure will force it to be. shannon: what role of the public playing forcing us into the open? >> realistically we are not at the beginning of the end but the end of the beginning. there will be a lot of
12:25 am
additional congressional oversight. we have the southern district work going on. at least within the democratic presidential side and a lot of what i heard from the democratic base, they want to make sure this information fully comes out, the president as well said it should come out. of it is also them, makes sense to be as transparent as possible. there is so much distrust in institutions right now, the easiest thing would be to present the information to the american people and make the right decision. shannon: how is the president feeling tonight? through sarah sanders, he has not reviewed the report, we will stand by as the attorney general makes the next step but are they feeling vindicated tonight? >> the president is feeling vindicated and also feeling democrats have finally been exposed, through the false narratives, donald trump was going to fire mueller, that ever happens, is he going to interfere with the investigation? we found out tonight that didn't happen and then they said there is collusion.
12:26 am
we have no evidence of that, not a shred of evidence, in the southern district of new york the president is feeling vindicated and the american people are realizing we are being taken on any variety of carousel rides and not carbon the craziness of the democratic game. shannon: contenders are demanding that everything be released, they are putting positions together. if you click on those it takes you to their campaign website. cory booker asking for a donation. sounds like they are trying to make the best of the situation as they campaign at not being able to campaign on the fact the special counsel report links the president to any collusion as far as we know. >> we will see. it is hard to draw conclusions. and that does not give direct
12:27 am
insight into what he has written into that report. that is knowledge we don't have yet. but i'm sure democratic presidential candidates are talking about this. democrats and republicans and the president said they would like to see the result of this report shared with the public. there will be pressure from all sides because everyone has an interest in knowing. the investigation cast a cloud over donald trump's presidency, it weighed on the entire american public for two years and everyone wants to know what is inside the report. shannon: if it says there is no clear link between him, his campaign and the russians in any way, it riles up audiences. if he can go out and campaign, if it is proven he has no connection to the report is positive how much will he be able to those rallies and say i
12:28 am
proved it, there was a deep state, this has been a witchhunt and these people want to get rid of me and you voted for me, don't let them do it? >> we have to remember six of his closest associates were convicted applied guilty as a result, hard to claim total exoneration. shannon: not on the deck of russian collusion? >> which i agree on but if any democratic presidential candidates have their top advisers in the same situation i am confident my colleagues on the right would be challenging that pretty strongly. i truly don't believe whatever the report says will change anybody's mind. it will have no political impact on 2020. the base is totally behind donald trump irrespective of what he does and the left is totally aligned against him irrespective of what he does. that is a problem we need to
12:29 am
bridge in america. it also speaks to the need to have a report out so people can make a own mind. there is a remarkable division in people's minds are made a politically. shannon: bar pledged that repeatedly during the campaign. >> back talks about those around the president convicted of saying things are related to the president, pretty much scrutinized any other democratic candidate this way you would find wrongdoing their too. to end, this president has been the most investigated man in america based on no probable cause, tonight the most exonerated man in america not once, not twice between 3 times and democrat have to tell the american people why they lied about collusion for two years. shannon: based on what we know. more to come from the attorney general. thank you very much, good to see you. no further recommended indictments. i democrats moving the goal posts as they focus on the president, his business and his
12:30 am
family members? that rocking chair would look grahh, new house, eh?e. well, you should definitely see how geico could help you save on homeowners insurance. nice tip. i'll give you two bucks for the chair. two?! that's a victorian antique! all right, how much for the recliner, then? wait wait... how did that get out here? that is definitely not for sale! is this a yard sale? if it's in the yard then it's... for sale. oh, here we go. geico. it's easy to switch and save on homeowners and renters insurance.
12:31 am
of jews in israel and the former soviet union who are not going to be able to celebrate the passover. - without our help. - there is an emergency food crisis for elderly holocaust survivors in the former soviet union. - this is a crisis. these elderly holocaust survivors are struggling to survive. they're starving, have little money for food, electricity or medicine. - just $25 provides one needy, elderly holocaust survivor in the former soviet union with a special emergency food package that contains a note saying it's from christians and jews in america and canada who wants to bless them. call now. - please call the number on your screen now. - in ukraine there's no support network. they don't have food cards. their neighbors aren't coming to help. they're turning to us because they have nowhere else to turn. - the bible teaches,
12:32 am
blessed is he whose hope is in the god of jacob. he upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. - these special passover food packages represent a gift of life for destitute elderly jews in the former soviet union. just $25 provides one elderly holocaust survivor with a special emergency food package. call right now. - please call the number on your screen now. - what i pray is that you won't turn your eyes but you will look at their suffering and your heart will be changed. - we pray that god will move upon your heart to act right now and send an emergency gift of just $25 so that we can help more frail and lonely elderly holocaust survivors in the former soviet union before it's too late.
12:33 am
12:34 am
>> shannon: the special counsel investigation lasting 675 days, almost shannon: special counsel investigation lasting 675 days, almost two years. the president's supporters predicting vindication. i democrats moving the goal posts? >> reporter: jonah goldberg noted if mueller clears trump i expect to see a lot of folks who insisted mueller was a dirty cop discover mueller's integrity and a lot of folks who insisted he was the last honest man, to vilify him as a cover up artist. the mueller investigation lasted 675 days. a lot of cable tv time. pundits and politicians to put their foot in mouth. last november donald trump
12:35 am
tweeted mueller was a conflicted prosecutor gone rogue. tonight the president has remained quiet. others call the right. is judge andrew napolitano two years ago. >> this investigation will be conducted below the radar screen, not on national television, not in the halls of congress, hopefully not by information being leaked to the point where it is a flood. >> reporter: mueller's tight rein on leaks might explain the disbelief of some cable hosts who were predicting trump's indictment in the report. >> all these dots we are now to believe don't connect. >> a lot of unanswered questions. for example what was the connection between wikileaks and the campaign? >> how can they let trump off the hook? >> the president of the united states is the target and was never interviewed. >> reporter: a long line of guests who cried russia collusion move the goalposts. >> donald trump is going to have a hard time explaining why jared kushner would get security clearances. >> the southern district is
12:36 am
probably looking or is looking at some of mister trump's business dealings. >> how much are we prepared to trust william barr? >> the report could be an impeachment document. >> reporter: has impressed some truth in that but impeachment is political, not legal. no matter how trump is implicated if at all in the mueller report the political attacks will not let up. shannon: that may be a different stage of this whole thing. good to see you. the justice department says mueller is not recommending further indictments. democrats have to scour the report for other criminal inquiry. trace gallagher is on the case. >> reporter: all told, 34 people were indicted during the mueller probe including 26 russian nationals and six former trump advises five of whom pled guilty. there was not a sickle allegation related to russian
12:37 am
collusion. former trump campaign advisor george papadopoulos the guilty to making false aim is to the fbi. paul manafort is going to prison for finance crimes that preceded the administration. former trump campaign aide rick gates was accused of finance crimes. national security adviser michael flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to the fbi. michael cohen pleaded guilty to tax and bank fraud and campaign finance violations related to hush money payments to women with alleged affairs to donald trump and longtime trump advisor roger stone was indicted for making false statements and witness tampering. without collusion it appears democrats will scour the report for signs of obstruction. already tonight senate minority leader chuck schumer talked about, quote, unlawful attempt to hinder the investigation. the chair of the house intelligence committee adam schiff is talking about issuing a subpoena to robert mueller. house judiciary chair jerry nadler got a jump on obstruction a few weeks ago when he stated
12:38 am
it is crystal clear trump obstructed justice and plans and abuse of power probe including requesting documents from 81 trump associates the only eight have complied. at the time house minority leader kevin mccarthy call brett nothing more than democrats plan b but tonight harvard law professor emeritus alan dershowitz through a little cold water on the democrats's plan b. >> you can't have obstruction of justice when the president of the exercises constitutional authority to fire which he did of comey or even to pardon. you need next and type crimes to have obstruction of justice. >> reporter: the mueller probe is submitted to what is accepted, another issue. shannon: what will bill barr do with a report? that is next. at if other kinds s captured it too?
12:39 am
if these industrial plants had technology that captured carbon like trees we could help lower emissions. carbon capture is important technology - and experts agree. that's why we're working on ways to improve it. so plants... can be a little more... like plants. ♪ when you rent from national... it's kind of like playing your own version of best ball. because here, you can choose any car in the aisle, even if it's a better car class than the one you reserved. so no matter what, you're guaranteed to have a perfect drive. [laughter] (vo) go national. go like a pro. see what i did there?
12:40 am
12:41 am
12:42 am
12:43 am
>> he can still be >> he can still be impeached. the fact that impeachment is a different standard of proof, that is the last resort. shannon: let's bring in national security attorney brad maas, former deputy a 60 - fbi director mark morgan. good to have you with us tonight. i will start with you. what do you think of subpoenaing robert mueller, the attorney general, underlying documents as a way to get to this? this could tell the doj not to comply. than what? >> i don't think congress will be able to do that. the president has the right of executive privilege. executive privilege usually extends to prosecutorial decisions particularly from the special counsel. this would be the kind of fight inald trump would like to have.
12:44 am
instead, what will happen is attorney general bar will release the report in full and that will take the steam out of the train to say let's get mueller appear, attack mueller and question the decisions. mueller is the gold standard among federal prosecutors. most liberals agree trump made a mistake in attacking mueller. shannon: go ahead. >> mueller did his job. people are not going to -- what will happen is the house and senate have to take up their own responsibility which is conducting oversight and starting impeachment proceedings. that is a different standard than what mister mueller is asking about which is whether crimes occurred. shannon: it is a different standard because if you are going to indict someone or put together a prosecution or say it
12:45 am
is possible that is different from an impeachment case and clearly with democrats pushing to see the underlying documentation is that what this is about? if it turns out there is not a further indictment request or the link of collusion for the president, do they want this material to build an impeachment case? >> one thing, the impeachment probe will be multifaceted. it will be whatever comes out of this mueller report when we get the details with respect to the president's involvement, whatever it was or was not. the president's businesses. you can't forget there is an ongoing investigation in the southern district of new york which the president has been implicated at least once when michael cohen pled guilty. he directed the criminal conspiracy to which michael cohen played guilty. these are all different aspects of congress particularly the house, looking into they need to build a body of evidence. nancy pelosi mentioned this and
12:46 am
several others. if they pursue that route they have to persuade the american public there is legitimacy to this. they can't do it on fragmented information. they need the entire body of evidence. shannon: your initial comments? >> i worked for director mueller his entire 12 years he served as director and in my entire time i never saw anything that would indicate to me to question his integrity, character or investigative ability. you talked about it earlier today, we are under 28 cfr 600. it is clear, purposely limiting what is required from special counsel mueller and the attorney general. from a law enforcement perspective, not a political perspective, that's where i come from. i hope the report is not released in full. there are specific prohibitions on grand jury material people need to know.
12:47 am
the other thing is sources and methods i hope they protect as well as legitimate privacy concerns. if somebody comes up and assisted in this investigation and their name and everything they provided is open to the american people that is going to damage them and putting a chilling effect on further investigations. there are absolutely legitimate concerns for not discussing people who are not indicted. jim comey made a mistake in july 2016 doing the same thing. i hope the attorney general think about that as well. shannon: it is different this time around from years ago when we had independent counsel like kenneth starr. stick around, thank you, we will come back to you. democrats laying out roadmap for more investigations and possible impeachment. the panel tackle that when we return. and we'd like to put a fire pit out there, and a dock with a boat, maybe. why haven't you started building? well, tyler's off to college... and mom's getting older... and eventually we would like to retire. yeah, it's a lot. but td ameritrade can help you build a plan for today
12:48 am
and tomorrow. great. can you help us pour the foundation too? i think you want a house near the lake, not in it. come with a goal. leave with a plan. td ameritrade. ♪ (danny) after a long day of hard work... ...you have to do more work? (vo) automatically sort your expenses and save over 40 hours a month. (danny) every day you're nearly fried to a crisp, professionally! (vo) you earned it, we're here to make sure you get it. quickbooks. backing you.
12:49 am
12:50 am
12:51 am
>> shannon: well, attorney general barr is rev shannon: attorney general william barr is reviewing the mueller report. he may be ready to give lawmakers principle conclusions as soon as this weekend so let's bring back the legal eagles. welcome back, gentlemen.
12:52 am
i want to read a tweet from charlie kirk. he lists the names and asks the question. lisa page, hillary clinton, james comey mueller lynch, barack obama, john brennan. now that mueller finishes investigation it is time to investigate these people who entangled america in a two year national nightmare to destroy donald trump. any chance any of that happens? >> beyond the it investigation which is ongoing we had one i g investigation into how hillary clinton was investigated and another one going into this probe, no. none of that is going to happen. that is your fantasy. this was a campaign that made clear its willingness to conspire with foreign actors. you had donald trump junior meeting someone he thought was a russian government proxy to get documents directly to the russian government, paul manafort, the chairman, in august 2017 handing 75 pages of detailed polling data to a russian intelligence operative and roger stone telling everyone he knew what was coming from wikileaks. if ever were there was a need for an investigation this was a campaign that was in completely
12:53 am
caught up with foreign influence. whether there was collusion is what we are waiting to find out from mister mueller. shannon: as someone who served years in the fbi what do you hope to find? bradley mentioned the ig investigation and katherine herridge talked about earlier, peter heather nauert he and bruce ohr and others, what would you like to see? >> all due respect i completely disagree with bradley's perspective. from an investigative standpoint, not a political one, there is absolutely enough information and evidence that this should be looked at. the ig is looking at a lot of that and i hope the ig report in part the fbi does take a look. those recent texts from andrew mccabe, those are devastating.
12:54 am
that in itself should be enough to take a serious look at this and open an investigation and i hope you see that. shannon: dick blumenthal, a democrat, his prediction which he has been making, we don't have that but i will tell you what he said. there are more indictments in this president's future. if it is not connected to this he is referring to the southern district of new york. how much should his legal team be worried about those avenues tonight? >> i think we should take away from the mueller report being finished, no more indictments from mueller because regulations require him to issue his report when he is done. he is finished. there will not be any more indictments involving russia collusion and the trump campaign. mueller looked at all those facts and decided there's nothing chargeable there.
12:55 am
i'm not going to second-guess mister mueller's prosecutorial decisions and i don't think congress should either. the battleground will move to congress with impeachment and oversight. the other battleground will move to the southern district of new york but these will all the matters that involve conduct by trump before he was president. under governing law those prosecutions have to be paused until his presidency is over and that is why impeachment is the only thing that is going to happen to trump while he is in office. the southern district of new york light pool in cohen or others not protected by this presidential -- if the battlefield moves in prosecutions for the southern district of new york that is not going to touch trump himself. shannon: bradley, john and mark, thank you for weighing in tonight with this perspective. very helpful. the report is in after 675 days.
12:56 am
the attorney general as the statute mandates will put it together, sift through it and make a report to congress and make sure you at home the american public see as much of it as possible. we will watch for new developed. most-watched, most trusted, most grateful you spent the evening with us, good night from washington. - in a crossfit gym, we're really engaged with who we are as people and making everybody feel welcome. ordering custom ink t-shirts has been a really smart decision for our business. i love the custom ink design lab because it's really easy to use. they have customer service that you can reach anytime. t-shirts help us immediately get a sense of who we are as a group. from the moment clients walk in,
12:57 am
they're able to feel like part of the family. - [spokesman] custom ink has hundreds of products for your business and free shipping. upload your logo or start your design today at customink.com.
12:58 am
12:59 am
woman 1: i had no or symptoms of hepatitis c. man 1: mine... ...caused liver damage. vo: epclusa treats all main types of chronic hep c. vo: whatever your type, ask your doctor if epclusa is your kind of cure. woman 2: i had the common type. man 2: mine was rare. vo: epclusa has a 98% overall cure rate. man 3: i just found out about my hepatitis c. woman 3: i knew for years. vo: epclusa is only one pill, once a day, taken with or without food for 12 weeks. vo: before starting epclusa, your doctor will test if you have had hepatitis b, which may flare up, and could cause serious liver problems during and after treatment. vo: tell your doctor if you have had hepatitis b, other liver or kidney problems, hiv, or other medical conditions... vo: ...and all medicines you take, including herbal supplements. vo: taking amiodarone with epclusa may cause a serious slowing of your heart rate.
1:00 am
vo: common side effects include headache and tiredness. vo: ask your doctor today, if epclusa is your kind of cure. loved ones. good night from washington. sean>> welcome to "hannity: tru vs. the swamp". we start with a fox news alert. the favorite conspiracy theory is dead. there was nothing. the witch-hunt is over and there will be no further charges, no further indictments after 675 days and nine month before that with the fbi investigation. in other words, almost three years, total of an intensive investigation. robert mueller's report has officially been submitted to the attorney general of the united states. president trump, no more indictments, no collusion charges

52 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on