Skip to main content

tv   Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace  FOX News  March 31, 2019 4:00pm-5:00pm PDT

4:00 pm
i am told it started when a family's pet monkey hopped on their family dog to. >> for a ride. good night, i am rick levi leve, thank you for watching.
4:01 pm
>> increase pay, and real infrastructure. plan, that is what house democrats are focused on. >> break down warehouse democrats stand, get react to attorney general plan to release the report from congressman jim hahn. plus. >> 401(k)s, all of your stocks and all things, you want to see theme it plate? put a good socialist in this position. >> we'll ask our sunday panel about president's strategy, to take apart the 2020 democratic t field, all right now on fox news sunday. >> hello. from fox news, in washington.
4:02 pm
>> but house democrat say their deadline still stands to get report by tuesday. that does not sat fay their demand for full report. kellyanne welcome back. >> thank you. >> she said that during a rally, rally are see here, that then vice president joe biden touched her ina prep ratk -- here is why
4:03 pm
flores said to abc news. >> at that point this was not even joe biden it was vice president of the united states of america. is touching me and kissing me and smelling my hair. >> we put up on screen, a statement just come out from former vice president biden, says in my many years on campaign trail and public life i offered countless handshakes, hugs. and comfort, not once, did i believe i acted inappropriately. it is suggested i did so, i was listen respectfully but it was never my intention, kellyanne, you shared fact that you were a victim of sexual assault earlier in your life. i know this does not rise to that level but your reaction to what we're hearing about this. >> first, this woman lucy is bold to come forward, i would
4:04 pm
remind audience, she shared joe biden's political party. it is bold for her too go up against the highest levels of her own mitta political party, l of these post "me too" allegations and innocen in-- inn don't comport with joe biden's over the years. fore information and videos than we saw when brett kavanaugh's nomination was trying to be derailed. and he has an individual and his family being destroyed by folks with no evidence of what allegedly happened 40 years earlier. i think that joe biden has a problem, he calls is affecttion and handshakes, his party calls
4:05 pm
it inappropriate. and other problem joe biden has isnd stacey abrams, i call a future part of democratic party, she rebuffed his advances to be on his ticket, saying. if i am going to run, i will rn for the whole thing, i think he has had worse nonroll out. >> let me ask you, about one more question. then we move on. >> let me ask you one more question about >> we certainly covered that. during the campaign. transition every day. but look at what happening to the people who alleged that, who think they have to speak about it repeatively.
4:06 pm
they have to grapple with what is going on in their own party, with main who was vice president of united states until two years ago. so, let's have that conversati conversation. think someone that's if achal. p. i now put out my hand because were not supposed to do that. we should examine appropriate conduct in the public sphere. but joe biden's intent is only partly, or maybe not at all relevant here. it's really how that woman felt. she felt it was unwelcome and she's coming forward because i suppose she doesn't want this man to continue in public life. joe biden this week was apologizing to anita hill. >> you will have plenty of time to go after him on other issues. >> why didn't he apologize to this individual?
4:07 pm
i think the way the media covered everything from collusion to brett kavanaugh means they should be able to cover this with the same kind of fervor. >> that's why i'm asking at the beginning of our interview. let's go to what the president is telling americans about the mother report. >> the special counsel completed its report and found no collusion and no obstruction. total exoneration. complete vindication. >> now, the special counsel cleared the president on collusion? absolutely, no question about it. but he expressly did not clear him on the question of obstruction. so why is the president telling americans something that is not true? >> he talks about no obstructive conduct. he also said something that i don't think it's enough coverage. which is that, the department of justice didn't feel like the investigation was interfered with.
4:08 pm
for all the times i was asked and the president were asked, he protected mueller or fire bob mueller? will he impede the investigation? the department of justice feels mr. mueller was able to do that. >> wait. i'm asking specifically about obstruction. i don't mean to interrupt but i do want to keep you on point. here is the summary that attorney general barr sent to congress about the issue of obstruction. i want to put it on the screen. this is him summarizing.for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question. the special counsel states that quote, while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime on obstruction, it also does not exonerate him. so, when the president says it's total exoneration on obstruction but that's just not true. >> the present is probably comparing that report and the
4:09 pm
ultimate conclusion of no conspiracy, collusion or contact with any russian at a campaign i managed to its final successful stages but i've always been offended anyone with think we would cheat, lie or steal or talk to any russians. we wasted a lot of money and time and people's anxieties over it. what the president is also saying is people were out there as recently as days before the memo characterizing the report was released. saying, the evidence of collusion was in plain sight. that the president had committed a crime. elizabeth warren says we don't even know if he'll be a free man. >> i'm agreeing with you on collusion. i'm asking you about obstruction though. >> we will see what the full report says. there's nowhere in the barr report that says the president obstructed justice. remember, - - >> there wasn't a barr reported
4:10 pm
he is simply summarizing mueller and mueller said it does not exonerate him. it's of the president and this campaign did not commit a crime. that there's no conspiracy, no collusion. people vomited collusion for two straight years and wasted taxpayer dollars. by the way, adam schiff is completely compromised. is the head of the house intelligence committee and spent more time on tv than with that committee. and all nine republican members have asked for his resignation. the president has done it. he cannot be fair. that's one of the most important positions in the house of representatives. >> i do want to ask you about mexico. because the president is now threatening to close the border between the u.s. in mexico. this week, if it doesn't stop the migrant caravans coming from mexico. take a look. >> if they don't stop them, we
4:11 pm
are closing the border. we will keep it closed for a long time. i'mnot playing games . >> mexico is our third-largest trading partner. half trillion dollars worth of goods that comes back and forth across the board. thousands of americans go back and forth. is the president really serious about closing the border this week? with all the dition to our economy? or is this just a bluff? >> it certainly is in a bluff you can take the president seriously and here's why. what he's looking at is that 4000 migrants apprehended in one day recently. we are on track this month are close to 100,000. we have never seen a surge like this. so many of the kids are already separated. congress can fix this in an hour. they can give us a fix for the florida's agreement that a court said there is only so
4:12 pm
much we can do. congress can fix the problem of immigration in this president is looking at the metrics. secretary nielsen saying were in a meltdown. customs and border patrol had something we've never seen a surge like this. jay johnson saying we have a crisis.>> i understand that and i want to ask you about that surge. because the president will also cut off foreign aid to three countries in central america, guatemala, honduras and el salvador. including aid for things like gang prevention. the argument a lot of people are making is, if you cut off that aid for all of those things that might improve conditions in what's called the triangle. those northern central american countries. you will only make things worse and spur more migration. isn't it counterproductive? >> this is a classic case of
4:13 pm
let's talk about what may happen versus what's right in front of us. how can people deny what they see which is these caravans day by day. people coming from the northern triangle countries and trying to come to this country. there are deplorable conditions many of them are facing. >> but you're going to make the conditions worse. >> the conditions are already awful. we have back to back homeland security secretary's saying we have a crisis. we are over the melting point. congress must act. the executive branch has done so much to try to mitigate these awful circumstances. we need to send a message back to these countries too. be honest with people. they are giving life savings to coyotes and being promised something that cannot be delivered once they get here. we have to cut off the drugs. we have doubled.
4:14 pm
[indiscernible] >>by the way on trade, this president, get congress to get a vote and put into law. >> i want to move on to obamacare. the president also announced he wants to kill obamacare through the courts. including what it does to protect people with pre-existing conditions. here he is.>> if the supreme court rules that obamacare is out, we will have a plan that's far better. >> simple question kelly and what's the republican plan? >> the republican plan is manifold. even in the president's current budget, pre-existing conditions are accounted for. he has said time and again - - >> you had two years with republican control of the house
4:15 pm
and the senate and the white house and you could never, the gop could never come up with a plan that they could all agree on and passed. >> they need to and here's why. president obama last fall said he liked medicare for all. if the democrats alike obamacare, they'd all be running on obamacare. [indiscernible] people make choices on the campaign trail and then when you have to vote on nonsense like medicare for all, they vote present. they didn't get a single positive though. medicare for all would mean choices for non-. the moral costs are important. we weed pushing more people out of the system. 180 million americans lose their insurance. more than half the country. obamacare has been a failure. one third of the country had one insurance option which is
4:16 pm
no option at all. >> i hate interrupting but if i didn't, you might keep going. >> higher-quality, lower-cost. >> there is no plan right now. >> there is a plan but we've been working on a plan for a long time. president trump has only been president for two years so give us a chance. >> finally, i will get into something that i don't like talking about. you don't like talking about. but when we announced you were going to be on the show, more people asked me to ask you about this than any other question for you know where i'm headed. >> i don't. >> the state of your marriage with george conway. i will put up some of the things your husband has said about president trump. just this month. march 5, wherever he goes and whatever he does, trump will always be - - liar. march 19, once someone
4:17 pm
understands narcissistic personality disorder, they understand you. march 26, if the charge were on fitness for office, the verdict would already be in. guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. here is how the president responded. >> i don't know him. he's a whack job. no question about it. i call him mr. kelly and. he's doing a tremendous disservice to a wife and family. >> why is your husband attacking your boss? >> you can ask my husband. it doesn't affect my job because my job is to be counsel to the president. >> do you think - - you've honestly thought about this. do you think he is cyber bullying you to try to get you to quit? do you think he's jealous of your high profile? >> some people think that. my first line of production in this world is and will always be my four children. i don't like to discuss this
4:18 pm
publicly. what i will tell you is that george was very supported of president trump on election night in his maga hat. wanted to take a job in the administration and changed his mind and was a guest of the president and first lady months after he withdrew himself from consideration at the white house. when he withdrew his name he said he would still support the president and his agenda " his wonderful life's work. i bet it's unusual for washington because i think many women tend to get their power and position through the men in their lives and this is a little bit different. i'm sure the feminists will throw me a parade at some point. >> finally, and you have said you believe this is hurt your four children and understandably. no one would want to see their mom and dad fighting out in
4:19 pm
public. >> that's not true, some people would like to see us fight. >> i guess the question i have to ask, has this hurt your marriage? >> what are you oprah now? i think that's a really inappropriate question. here's why. that's the line over which nobody should have crossed. if you want to talk about a policy issue, policy disagreements. the fact that george conway, my husband, would prefer i not work in the white house been the president has weighed in and i have weighed in as modestly as i can. but now you're asking a very personal question and i would say, you should ask it of many people. i see messy lives living in glass houses. >> this is not something i'm comfortable talking about. the president did call him the husband from hell. >> i'm surprised people would ask that question.
4:20 pm
i have seen home records on tv as marital experts all of a sudden but it's very amusing to me. i think people know they crossed the line when the talking about people's marriages. all of this stuff about leave us alone in my private life. my family has a right to their private life also been i have children and the reason this gets so much coverage. is because george conway now agrees with them. he shares their views about president trump and their goals. if you read george's op-ed in the "washington post", the headline didn't match the op-ed. he was talking about the mother report and the memo. people should think price before they cross a line. >> as i said, i'm not comfortable asking it. it is what people are talking about. if i offended you, i am sorry. >> i am sure. thank you. >> always good to talk with
4:21 pm
you. please come back. we will get reaction from a top democrat. congressman jim heinz joins us next. ♪ ♪ 'cos i know what it means ♪ to walk along the lonely street of dreams ♪ ♪ here i go again on my--- you realize your vows are a whitesnake song? i do. if you ride, you get it. geico motorcycle. 15 minutes could save you 15% or more. you won't find relief here. congestion and pressure? go to the pharmacy counter for powerful claritin-d. while the leading allergy spray only relieves 6 symptoms, claritin-d relieves 8, including sinus congestion and pressure. claritin-d relieves more. it's a revolution in sleep. the sleep number 360 smart bed, from $999, intelligently senses your movement and automatically adjusts... so you wake up rested and ready for anything.
4:22 pm
save $400 on select sleep number 360 smart beds. only for a limited time. bill's back needed a afvacation from his vacation. an amusement park... so he stepped on the dr. scholl's kiosk. it recommends our best custom fit orthotic to relieve foot, knee, or lower back pain. so you can move more. dr. scholl's. born to move.
4:23 pm
neighbors...loved ones. living with diseases like cancer, epilepsy, mental health conditions and hiv. maybe you're one of them. but new medicare rules could deny access to the latest, most effective therapies... therapies that keep them healthy. are medicare cuts that save less than one percent worth the risk to millions of patients? call and tell congress, stop cuts to part d drug coverage medicare patients depend on. stop cuts to part d drug coverage a business owner always goes beyond what people expect. that's why we built the nation's largest gig-speed network along with complete reliability. then went beyond. beyond clumsy dials-in's and pins.
4:24 pm
to one-touch conference calls. beyond traditional tv. to tv on any device. beyond low-res surveillance video. to crystal clear hd video monitoring from anywhere. gig-fueled apps that exceed expectations. comcast business. beyond fast. >> joining us is jim himes. let's start with what you told your local newspaper in connecticut this week about whether the mother report clears the president on the
4:25 pm
issue of collusion with the russians. here's what you told them. i'm not sure i'd break out a lot of champagne. they tried to make the case that the report says there's no evidence of collusion. this plenty of evidence. but congressman, now i'm taking the counterargument what i was discussing with kelly and. that's not what the mother - - mother report says. >> nobody knows with the mother report says because we haven't seen it. even though my republican friends are attacking adam schiff and others by saying the mother report says no evidence but that's not at all what it says. if you read the letter, it says the investigation was not able to establish. >> no, excuse me. with all due respect, that's absolutely incorrect. i will put up on the screen because we knew this would probably, the specific quote from attorney general barr.
4:26 pm
the special counsel did not find that the tram campaign or anyone associated with the conspired or coordinated with the russian government in these efforts. despite multiple offers from russian affiliated individuals to assist the campaign. specifically, the special counsel is not saying there's insufficient evidence to prosecute but he sang, it didn't happen. >> again, two things are possible at the same time. number one, whatever happened when there's 400 pages of report will see so something happened or it wouldn't be 400 pages long. but whatever happened, the conclusion is it's not a offense. >> respectfully, he said the report did not find that the trump campaign conspired or coordinated. on the issue of obstruction, i've got issues as to whether it's a prosecutable offense.
4:27 pm
he didn't say that when it came to collusion. >> my own quote which you read back to me was saying there was not a finding of no evidence been and that is also true. the conclusion is there was not explicit collusion conspiracy. but that does not mean there's no evidence that the fine point. here's the big picture, we are accepting and adam schiff in his famous speech of last week said, we are accepting the conclusion of bob mueller. something the republicans did not do on ben ghazi, uranium one, clinton emails but we are accepting that we want to see the report and this is why i say i wouldn't break out the champagne just yet. for two reasons. one, the conclusion despite what kellyanne conway told you is not clear on obstruction. 400 pages, we are speculating about what's in there. we know about don junior's meeting in trump tower. many people going to jail for lying about russia point my guess is that when you see the whole report, you will see good
4:28 pm
reasons. good reasons for why a number ofpeople, a lot of people , were concerned by the possibility. since disproved. that the trump campaign was colluding with the russians. >> let's move on to another subject and that's house democrats are demanding that attorney general barr turn over the entire mother report by this tuesday. here is basically his response to that. he says you will get it by mid april which is two weeks from now if not sooner. he says he will redact grand jury testimony and intelligence material. but he says the white house will get to review it for executive privilege. which i know was a big concern of yours. isn't that a reasonable plan congressman? >> well, number one, it's absolutely reasonable that they
4:29 pm
remove classified information. my guess is it contains a lot of classified information because it pertains to russia. grand jury information, a little more ambiguous. and then there's that third category which you didn't mention of information that may be potentially embarrassing to third parties. and then, remember, we are talking about a difference of 10 days or so. my guess is this will be something that could be negotiated so that we wind up. as everybody agrees we should with the mother report. >> in other words, if it's just a matter of 10 days. this tuesday as opposed to two weeks, you are saying there won't be a subpoena and you will take yes for an answer. >> we will see.my guess is that jerry nadler and others are in communication with barr and the department of justice on the nature of what is slowing them down. congress does see classified information. it's possible they can convey it to congress in a closed environment and just to come back to executive privilege,
4:30 pm
what barr said is that the president publicly indicated he wants the report released and therefore we don't anticipate executive privilege claims that this could get reversed tomorrow morning if the president decides he wants to change his mind on mapping this is a president who's changed his mind in the past. we are sensitive to that possibility. >> let's move on to adam schiff who you talked about and kellyanne conway talked about. the president and house republicans particularly, republican members of the house intelligence committee are going after adam schiff. he is chairman of the house intelligence committee. you are the number two democrat on that committee. take a look at what they are saying>> little pencil neck adam schiff . there could still have been some russia collusion. sick. sick. these are sick people.
4:31 pm
>> all americans should be concerned with the chairman of the house intelligence committee taking the position of judge and jury. >> house republicans are saying that adam schiff should step down as chairman. the president has tweeted that he thinks that he should be forced toresign from congress. your reaction . >> look, the american people need to decide what they think about the president who poisons our political dialogue by going after people's is a cool characteristics. calling him pencil neck, etc. on the substance here, you need to watch what adam schiff said last week in the committee. first of all, he said we accept mother's findings. something the republicans could never find it in their heartsor minds to do with respect to ben ghazi , the clinton emails, uranium one. he said we accept the findings. we are not going to do 10 investigations . second, he said, i do not
4:32 pm
believe it is appropriate for people to lie about contacts with russians. when the report comes on, what the american people will learn, there was plenty of reason to be concerned about the nature of those contacts and the possibility of what those contacts might have meant. i don't see adam schiff as having done anything at all wrong. he is conducting himself far more responsibly than the republicansever did . >> - - that's what they say, adam schiff and the run-up to the report said repeatedly. that he thought there was a good chance that president trump had committed a crime. here are clips of adam schiff in just the last couple months. >> my take away is there is a real prospect that on the day donald trump leaves office, the justice department may invite him. there is clear evidence on the issue of collusion. the bigger question may come down the road as the next
4:33 pm
president has to determine whether to pardon donald trump. >> is that appropriate? for the chairman of the house intelligence committee which has traditionally been seen as nonpartisan. not always. in recent years, not at all. above politics. a fact-finding committee to be talking openly about the president being indicted. the next president having to pardon him before he knew the results of the report. >> we don't need to have the conversation we had previously about whether there was reason to be concerned. evidence or reason that the president's campaign might be compromised. it's all out there for people to see from the don junior meeting, to so many people lying about contacts with russia. there was reason for this investigation. when adam schiff says there is a possibility the president
4:34 pm
might be indicted after his presidency, remember. as we sit here today,any number of same attorneys in the southern district of new york and elsewhere continue their investigations . >> basically, you are not troubled by that . >> again, i don't think adam said anything that wasn't factual. adam never said the president is guilty of this but he himself is a former prosecutor. he's more careful now. the american people can judge the fact that they know before the report has been released as to whether they would have criticized barack obama. if barack obama's daughter had met with russians looking for dirt on barack obama's political foes. until the full report is out, people should reserve judgment on what adam schiff knows or doesn't know as chairman of that committee, he had access to lots of information that the public does not yet have. i don't think that because we think there's a surprise. i accept the conclusion of the report'ttrue in the statement you played there. >> congressman, always good to talk with you and we will stay on top of what your committee does next.
4:35 pm
>> thank you chris. >> up next, we will bring in our sunday group to discuss what the president's decision on the affordable care act. plus we want to hear what you plus we want to hear what you think at @foxnewssunday one two parts incredible.ribs. steak & ribs starting at $14.99, with your choice of sauce or dry rub. and back again is our 3-point rib bloom, topped with cheese fries and barbecue ribs. but get here fast. these deals won't last.
4:36 pm
♪ ♪ it's taking over ♪ there's no escape ♪ you better get moving ♪ ready or not
4:37 pm
♪ it's about to go down here it comes now ♪ ♪ get ready ♪ oh oh oh oh ♪ oh oh oh oh ♪ get ready ♪ moving ♪ ready or not ♪ get ready ♪ oh oh oh oh oh ♪ hey 't easy. 12 hours? 20 dogs? where's your belly rubs? after a day of chasing dogs you shouldn't have to chase down payments. (vo) send invoices and accept payments to get paid twice as fast. (danny) it's time to get yours! (vo) quickbooks. backing you. our grandparents checked zero times a day. times change. eyes haven't. that's why there's ocuvite. screen light... sunlight... longer hours... eyes today are stressed. but ocuvite has vital nutrients... ...to help protect them. ocuvite. eye nutrition for today. continued defrauding the public
4:38 pm
with. >> president trump in his own way telling a rally in michigan, democrats over the country an apology for pushing the russia investigation for more than two years. it's time now for our sunday group. the cohosts of benson and harp, guy benson been charles lane from the "washington post". author of the new book, freedoms detective.
4:39 pm
julie pace, washington bureau chief for the associated press. josh holmes. julie, some folks, especially democrats say the president is jumping the gun going on this victory tour, declaring complete victory and that when it finally comes out, there will be a bunch of stuff in there he's not going to like and they will have to explain. what's the feeling and the white house? just take the good news and if there's bad news later, we will deal with it later? >> pretty much. they're always legal questions and political questions. from the legal perspective, this is indisputably good news for the president. we always knew that mueller wasn't going to be able to charge him because of the justice department guidelines. there are questions that surround people in the president's orbit including his son. the investigation ended with no criminal charges. there's no other way to spin that.
4:40 pm
on the political question, we don't completely know how this will cut. if you look at the totality of the investigation, certainly hasn't been good for the president. his campaign chairman will be in jail for a couple years. to get some of his voters really energized heading into 2020. >> whatever we end up reading. you can tell from the summary of the mother report, there's evidence on both sides of obstruction. not on collusion. whatever we end up reading in the report, isn't this a big victory for donald trump? both politically and legally considering he was investigated for more than two years by federal authorities. they end up finding no evidence apparently of collusion. and apparently no criminal evidence. nothing prosecutable
4:41 pm
victory. that is something we should all be celebrating. there are faces around washington which i think is telling. the president has not only been accused of being a criminal for the last two years, and a lot of precincts of being some sort of a traitor. now we see from bob mueller who was determined to be the gold standard. i have always agreed with that. no conspiracy and no coordination. a lot of democrats are focusing on conspiracy. this isn't a crime necessarily. the word coordination was also told out by the special counsel. to me, that is very significant. i think we should wait for the entire report to come forward and the full football spiking might be premature. there will be embarrassing stuff in there, no question. but the bottom line on the central thrust of what he was investigating two years. it's a vindication for the president . >> then there was the
4:42 pm
president's decision to jump into a court casethat would strike down all of obamacare . this was a judgment by a district judge in texas if it goes through the appeals process. here was the back and forth on that. >> they are going to work together to come up with something that is really spectacular. maybe we'll even get the four in the house from democrats. but it will be far better than obamacare. >> the president wants to go back to repeal and replace again. make our day. >> we asked you for questions for the panel bid on this question of the president's promise to produce a new gop health plan. we got this on facebook from jacob stephen. why, after nine years, did the republicans not have any replacement plan? why after two years does trump not have a replacement plan? or they have - - all they have is repeal. that's not a plan. >> josh, you expressed concerns
4:43 pm
this week about the white house decided to go back and relitigate obamacare. how do you answer jake? >> i think there is a practical and political problem. unless you believe bigger policy will work hand in glove with the trump administration and mitch mcconnell to repeal obamacare and come up with a replacement, we are talking an exercise in futility. the second piece is more broadly concerning. the issue selection is not exactly where it needs to be. they are fighting a battle that has been waged for eight years. largely decided in august 2017. where we are at right now with democrats full throated in a medicare for all policy. the one biggest political liability you can accrue and politics is separating families from coverage that they have. despite the efforts of their federal government. been able to navigate and provide for their families. that's where democrats are and where the trump administration need to focus. >> how big the gift was the
4:44 pm
president's decision to get back into the obamacare fight with democrats? >> it could be a gift if they persist in it. if it was a one off thing from the white house after the mueller thing. mick mulvaney thought, now is our chance to get at obamacare. it's very important to understand that the republicans actually, they may not have a whole repeal and replace plan but they have plans for healthcare. which include work requirements for medicaid. return not super popular around the country. there's a good case to be made that the 2018 election went overwhelmingly in the house for the democrats because they harped on pre-existing conditions.republicans are threatening your pre-existing conditions but that's what nancy pelosi and chuck schumer see coming back. falling right back into their laps. here comes the republican administration threatening that again. i think, if they're smart, the
4:45 pm
white house will backpedal quickly and this will be a passing thing. >> this is partially why republicans were so frustrated. they thought at least they had gotten the president and their vulnerable lawmakers to a place where they could accept pre-existing conditions and the provisions of obamacare that let people stay on their parents healthcare until their 26. those are now suddenly, the administration thing we want to get the whole thing again. >> we will see, the democratic president of candidates are talking medicare for all which is a more controversial issue. but protecting obamacare has become increasingly popular. when we come back, beto o'rourke has his official launch and joe biden faces new scrutiny as he makes a decision whether to run. we w
4:46 pm
after walking six miles at an amusement park... bill's back needed a vacation from his vacation. so he stepped on the dr. scholl's kiosk. it recommends our best custom fit orthotic to relieve foot, knee, or lower back pain. so you can move more. dr. scholl's. born to move.
4:47 pm
4:48 pm
4:49 pm
i couldn't come up with a way to get her hearing she deserved. >> as president joe biden apologizing about the anita hill hearing in 1991. we are back now with the panel. we will get to the other part of the biden story in a moment. biden had a tough wheat without this latest allegation from lucy florez in nevada. first, his comments about anita hill and the hearing to which he seemed to have apologized for being a white guy and that all of the members of the
4:50 pm
committee at the time were white guys. and he apologize for not giving her the hearing she deserved. after all, he was the chairman of the committee. >> is not even in the race yet. this is going to get worse. i think what we're watching them joe biden at this point is twisting himself into a pretzel. ultimately, the challenges he faces is he is no longer representative of that core primary electorate. >> - - involves lucy florez,
4:51 pm
she was a state legislator in nevada running for lieutenant governor in 2014. joe biden with her on the stage at a rally, supporting her. but it turns out, she alleges, before. off camera, he came up behind her. he touched her shoulders and came in and kissed the back of her head. he put out a statement this morning that said, huggy guy. i don't expect that i ever bothered anybody but here's a reaction from another candidate. senator elizabeth warren. >> i believe lucy florez. joe biden needs to give an answer. >> should he not run as a result, >> that's for joe biden to decide. >> you covered the vice president for years. are you surprised of this issue of inappropriate touching?
4:52 pm
>> i am not surprised. joe biden, anyone who's covered him. has seen these moments point he's an affectionate person. he's put his hands on women's shoulders. it's part of what people have called, the uncle joe persona. do those moments look different in 2019? we've gone through the #metoo movement. not necessary sexual assault but making women feel uncomfortable. if he's using his position of authority to do that.that will not be looked at favorably by this democratic electorate. >> it reminded people of this incident this is 2015. there's the defense secretary and joe biden is touching the
4:53 pm
wife of ash carter. puts his hands on her shoulders. nozzles and whispers something into her ear. could this be a problem? as julie points out in the #metoo. ? >> i think it could be. that video you played is one of many examples. i think between not necessarily the story, these are warning signals from the left. if he gets in, they will make his life miserable. they will become fully aware that if he decides to jump in. >> i'm going to take the other side of this politically. with two words with things joe biden is finished. ralph northam.
4:54 pm
we thought he was finished and he is still around. >> but there's a difference. ralph northam is the governor. the other guy has got to win a primary. >> people have a way of surviving things you think they can't survive. we should be prepared for that possibility. he is the well above the rest of the field in the polls. at least he came into this with a reservoir of goodwill. but it was inevitable that democrats would have to go negative on one another in such a large field. being the front runner, you're the one everyone is going to target. i guess the hope would be, that he is still not an official candidate but this will get process before he is one and will be inoculated against her. but i want to flout the possibility that he's finished. >> does anyone at this table think that joe biden won't get into the race?>> i think
4:55 pm
there's a chance he doesn't get in. joe biden has this operation around him that's completely set up. waiting for him to turn to him and say i'm ready. he's been pushing this deadline back and back. we're talking now late april as the new timeframe that some people around him are using. joe biden knows better than anybody what this would entail. what is it you will learn that will push him over the finish line? i think the longer this goes on, it opens the possibility that he doesn't do this ultimately. >> he might be at the point of no return. i think will be difficult for him to walk that back. to the point that guy made earlier. i think that's honestly a mistake. i don't think he can compete in this primary electorate. >> if he doesn't get it, it will be a we roll watershed. it will be the end of the whole generation of leaders. they will move into an unknown new land with a whole bunch of newcomers. ideologically very different from one another and it will be
4:56 pm
a real free-for-all. >> you've still got bernie sanders whose wet, 77 years old. and elizabeth warren, 69. >> but there is a world of difference between joe biden and bernie sanders, who really isn't technically a democrat. he's a socialist. we've gotten a taste of the last few weeks of what's coming his way if he gets in and he might be sitting there thinking, why want to put myself through this? >> you've got to figure, he'd love to be president. does he want to run for president a third time and lose for a third time? all right panel, thank you. see you next sunday. see you next sunday. god, it's great hey, who are you? oh, hey jeff, i'm a car thief... what?! i'm here to steal your car because, well, that's my job. what? what?? what?! (laughing) what?? what?! [crash] what?!
4:57 pm
haha, it happens. and if you've got cut-rate car insurance, paying for this could feel like getting robbed twice. so get allstate... and be better protected from mayhem... like me. ♪ millions plan for retirement online. estimate your future benefits, apply for retirement, and manage your benefits all from the comfort of your home, and give yourself the freedom to do what you want offline. social security's online services help put you in control with secure access to your information anytime, anywhere, allowing you to spend more time with family, friends, or simply just enjoying the day. social security, securing today and tomorrow. see what you can do online at socialsecurity.gov
4:58 pm
can we talk? we used to play so beautifully together. now we can barely play anything... even cards with the girls. if you have bent fingers, and can't lay your hand flat, talk to your doctor. it may be dupuytren's contracture. your hand is talking. isn't it time you listened? there are nonsurgical options. take the first step. and learn more about dupuytren's. at factsonhand.com ♪ my lineage was the vecchios and zuccolis. through ancestry, through dna i found out that i was only 16% italian. he was 34% eastern european. so i went onto ancestry, soon learned that one of our ancestors we thought was italian was eastern european. this is my ancestor who i didn't know about. he looks a little bit like me, yes. ancestry has many paths to discovering your story. get started for free at ancestry.com
4:59 pm
you won't find relief here. congestion and pressure? go to the pharmacy counter for powerful claritin-d. while the leading allergy spray only relieves 6 symptoms, claritin-d relieves 8, including sinus congestion and pressure. claritin-d relieves more. chris: for the latest on the joe biden story and attorney general barr's plan to release mueller report to congress, keep it on fox station and fox news channel.
5:00 pm
and that's it for today, have a great week and we will see you next fox news sunday. ♪

42 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on