Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  May 1, 2019 11:00pm-12:00am PDT

11:00 pm
>> get your checkbooks out. you are all going to pay. massive amounts of money and yo deserve to. we will never be that fakeer ne media mob and now and will or i that. let your heart not be troubled, she was phenomenal in her coverage tonight. youu have a law degree. you are really smart. that law degree comes in handy. you know what you are talking about. we will like us a then write the whole time and mueller is dead. that issue is over. and now what we've we been talking about now begins. >> laura: i am glad, hannity was a white collar criminal defense attorney and did some clerkships and stuff like that. this is sick stuff. you manage to educate yourself on all of this. and we are so far ahead of the curve on all of these issues. and somebody so many smart
11:01 pm
people that fit in and all the right circles except -- they don't get the facts right. >> i have a mentor washington correspondent dinner. i refuse to go. >> laura: ridiculous. by the way, i tweeted about you and karl rove. that was awesome. okay, that segment if you didn't watch any other segment of "hannity," watch that. >> sean: it was amazing and i won't tell you that we take no pleasure, really in being right but we don't get what you're talking about, what you studied in law school. when you clerked for clarence thomas one of the best justices right, this country is over. we got to get it right. >> laura: we will not be intimidated and we will not be maligned. >> sean: know we will not. >> laura: hannity, great to see you fantastic coverage throughout. i am laura ingraham and "the ingraham angle" an extremely busy fire in washington tonight. five hours of getting hits.
11:02 pm
every direction by the senate democrats.ig attorney general bill barr has had about enough. he is refusing rightly to go in front of the house judiciary committee tomorrow. and the hearing today was nothing but a 2020 democratic preview and a lot of trainingan and grandstanding. president trump wait in a short time ago. >> well, i guess they want to treat him differently than anybody else. and for many, many years they've never done it this way the way they are bringing in outside counsel or something. that is not the wait -- you know, that is not the way they elected the people should do s their own talking. >> laura: we will get to that issue in just a moment with phenomenal legal panel. we will rebuild the democrats and the media are really attempting with this barr hearing.it but first, i want you to understand the most crucial part of barr senate testimony and tells us where we are going to
11:03 pm
the next several months and beyond all that fake outrageng over bob mueller. disagreeing with barr's summary or without the summary and slanderous attacks on the attorney general today. this is the most important thing ten no. >> we first heard the special counsel's decision to not decide obstruction issue would meet march 5th meeting when he came over to the department. and we were frankly surprised that they were not going to reach a decision on obstruction. and we asked them a lot about the reasoning behind this and the basis for this. special counsel mueller stated three times to us in that meeting in response to our questions that he emphatically was not saying that for the olc opinion he would have found obstruction. >> laura: okay, this is stunning. what all this means is despite all of the chatter and call a sub, hair pulling today, despite the continuing leaks, mueller was unable to find obstruction and further this justice department met the long-standing
11:04 pm
opinions from the olc. a sitting president cannot be indicted and no bearing on mueller's findings.ng notice that the legal geniuses over at over at msnbc did not interrupt their live coverage of the hearing to highlight what i just shared with you. because they were too busy doing fantastical real-time fact checks, which i will show you in just a moment. but this was my favorite description of the day. >> special counsel investigation started by handpicked deputy attorney general. >> i will continue to hear from the president's handpicked attorney general. >> trump handpicked attorney general william barr. >> misbehavior by handpicked attorney general. working for him, not the country.dp >> laura: wait a second, was the attorney general the trump administration supposed to bem, picked by nancy pelosi and chuck schumer? what would they prefer aru randomly selected someone off of the street or maybe go to the
11:05 pm
lottery system instead. every attorney general is selected by the sitting president. he serves at the pleasure of the president. every single one of them. and these other media outlets they don't know their basic government functioning, i guess just foolishness. and the media were not alone in their slanderous attack on barr of course, having determined there was no trump russia collusion.ts the democrats have moved on to a trump/barr collusion narrative. >> i think partially that conclusion is inescapable. >> you've not only put your own credibility, giving sanction to behavior to the language that you use in that press conference you held. >> you lied, and now we know. the attorney general of the united states a sacred trust. you have betrayed that trust.
11:06 pm
america deserves better. you should resign. >> to slander this man from top to bottom. >> laura: senator graham course 100% correct. if the democrats want to impeach this president on the basis of this mueller report, i say, you try. you go for it, kids. you have the whole report. y you have all 448 pages. none of the democrats, by the way, have gone to view the fully unredacted report. they can go, they can go to the special justice department ifon they are so upset about and set on this idea of impeaching tromp, go look on the full report of unredacted.. the only people both republicans. these people are complete and utter frauds. if you think you have the evidence to impeach, roll the dice. let's see what you got, guys. let's see what you have. let's see where it ends up here in the midst of this harassment today, barr explains how the special counsel process actually works.
11:07 pm
>> his work concluded when he sent his report to the attorney general. at that point, it was my baby. and i was making a decision as to whether or not to make it public. and i effectively overrode the regulations used discretion to glean as far forward as i could to make that public. it was my decision how and when to make it public, not bob mueller's. the job of the justice department is now over. that determines whether or not there is a crime. the report is now in the hands of the american people. everyone can decide for themselves.. there is an election in 18 months. that is the democratic process but we are out of it. we have to stop using the criminal justice process has a political weapon. >> laura: bingo! that was the key moment from today. by the way, particularly no criminal wrongdoing discovered by mueller. zero! he couldn't do the interview with the president. he didn't want to go to court to sit down with the president because he knew he would lose.
11:08 pm
so let's break this down for some of the armed chair legal analyst out there. there is no disagreement about the central fact of mueller's investigation. fact one, there was no criminal conspiracy with russia. some people call that collusion none. in fact two, the mueller report did find possible instances of obstructive behavior, it did not come to a conclusion to recommend execution, a binary choice either/or, the other window dressing. the inconsequential rantings of fanatics who did not get what they wanted and they are bitter and they are clinging to the old narrative that went nowhere. the criminal prosecution of the president of the united statesh. was not going to happen. it didn't happen. and out to impact what we have learned today and where we go from here, we are joined by former deputy of independent counsel fox news contributor sol wisenberg, and former deputy assistant john yoo and joseph digenova, former u.s. attorney, it is great to see all
11:09 pm
of you on very important night tonight, and so after the mueller letter to barr leaked out last night, democrats tonight are calling for barr's resignation including by the way joe biden who just made the call for the resignation and a half an hour ago. now, they claim that barr lied april 10th when he was on the committee and he said he didn't know if mueller disagreed with the conclusion on obstruction. my question to you, it did barr lie about that? >> sol: i don't think he did all based upon what i have read. if you actually read what was said and look at the news written on it, he was asked whether mueller agreed or not with his conclusion, his legal conclusion, which he made when mueller dropped the ball and didn't do it. but there was no criminal obstruction. he didn't know at that time. what the barr letter disagreed
11:10 pm
with was the failure of mr. barr, attorney general barr four page announcement of the findings to have sufficient nuance. and mueller felt it didn't show the proper and beyond's were and then when he called him, barr called mueller, what he waser really upset about was the media coverage about him dropping the ball and not making a call on obstruction by on that reallyas basic question, did barr make light come of course he didn't lie because all he said was i don't know if mueller agrees with my conclusion that there is no criminal obstruction. but you have to understand laura, this is not about substance. it is about destroying barr and he has to be destroyed because a man with credibility and who is doing a good job in supporting the president.
11:11 pm
and he is supporting the president because that is what an attorney general should do. he's not supporting the president right or wrong but by the way, that is why rod rosenstein now has to be destroyed. they loved him when they thought he was protecting mueller but now he's part of the barr team so we has to be destroyed. that is what this is all about. >> laura: joe digenova, if you look at the media, they will say that kamala harris had the most scorching series of questions. she stumped bill barr during the hearing today. let's watch. speak with the president or anyone at the white house asked or suggest that you open an investigation on anyone? >> the president or anybody else. >> it would seem you wouldse remember something like that and be able to tell us. >> yeah, but i'm trying to grapple the word suggest. there have been discussions of matters out there that they have not asked me to open an
11:12 pm
investigation, but -- >> but perhaps suggested? >> i don't know. >> inferred? you don't know? okay after reviewing special counsel spinal -- >> i will say no. >> i'm asking the question. >> laura: joe. >> joe: i would say he can be pretty snooty just like bob mueller's letter is pretty snooty. i think what happened here look, when you say something about andrew weissmann's letter to bill barr, it's not mueller's letter. mueller has stayed too long at the fair. he is not functioning anymore. it is andrew weissmann who wrote that letter. and that was a legacy letter and designed to cover their tuitions because don't like the reaction of their report which was a sophomoric, adolescent 400 pages of very, poorly written legal work. it is kind of first year law
11:13 pm
school writing. in my opinion. now kamala harris, she is running for president. she does what she does. she is snooty and she did her little thing. and i think i'm a quite frankly they have embarrassed themselves and embarrassing the united states senate. and kamala harris with mazie hirono and you have the monsters and quite remarkable.it >> laura: john, you, the idea of someone with experience, the wealth of legal knowledge, the gravitas all those words apply to bill barr. you know him, we've all known him i guess on this panel have known him for a couple of decades, all of us, but the idea of these people one after the other trying to destroy a man's entire legacy based on bob mueller's team being upset about
11:14 pm
the tone as sol said and not being flushed out in a brief summary of the ultimated conclusions of this report really? that is where today's democrat party stands? >> john: look, they are trying to ambush barr and tie him to the release of this letter from the start of the hearings. but the sad thing, the letter does not matter. everyone can see the report now. they can compare it to barr's letter and see if they agree with the summary. barr's letter doesn't matter anymore. the sad thing, the democrats are so focused on something history will not remember or make a footnote in history because they are ignoring the thing barr did do which we should praise him. but also understand which isr barr took the obstruction charges. took the evidence and he has the ochief prosecutor in the united states for the federal government decided to decline prosecution and effectively clear trump.ed that means not only is collusion over. there is no evidence of collusion but obstruction is over. and attorney general rightly said the justice department'sus job is over.
11:15 pm
the whole thing is over. so if mueller and weissmann wanted to use this letter for some purpose, i think it fails. what they are really trying to do is create and put on a platter some evidence for congress to start some kind of proceedings. and that is the only avenue left. >> laura: we know where that will go. and another thing to pick up on what joe said and kamala harris in planning for 2020. another thing she said, did you look at all the underlying or any of the underlying information? witness interviews, millions of pages of documents at the white house sent over there? no, i took the report at face value. i'm not a finder, and original finder of fact in this case. so we actually took the conclusion or fax on obstructio at face value.at and she just kind of rolled her eyes, oh, she really scored points against him but should
11:16 pm
the attorney general of the united states have reviewed the underlying information after a two-year investigation with 20 prosecutors looking into this? >> sol: only if there was a serious factual dispute that was revealed in the report. and really, there weren't many factual disputes in the obstruction section. and so the report is very detailed. so i don't think he needed to do that. keep in mind, also, laura, we have talked about this before. barr did something i think was generous that he didn't have to do but i would not have done do but i would not have done barr accepted the analytical framework. he accepted mueller's theory for example, that the firing of the fbi director could conceivably be obstruction under
11:17 pm
any circumstances, which is an absolutely, ridiculous concept. and mueller's discussion of the law on that topic, not the constitutional part, but just whether or not somebody can be convicted up obstruction or doing something they are legally allowed to do when nothing else was a very brief and as joe pointed out unsatisfactory part of the report. so barr accepted this for the premise of making the purposes of making his decision and he didn't have to do that. and it is ridiculous. the idea that by firing the fbi director, no matter what your't motive was, could ever be criminal obstruction of justice is a joke. it is absurd. >> laura: one more question joe. your old friend hillary clinton spoke up tonight. she is already already spinning trumps ring -- reelection in 2020. listen for it, watch. >> you can run the best campaign. you can be the person who gets the nomination, but unless we know how to protect our election from what happened before and
11:18 pm
what could happen again because there is greater sophistication about it, you could lose. >> sol: hillary is explaining why donald trump is going to be reelected. they are trying to give an excuse for losing right now and after watching kamala harris, i can understand why. >> laura: stay there because bill barr completely embarrassed a democrat in the media establishment when he talked about that ridiculous dossier and ed henry has new details. we have more legal analysis and we are jam packed tonight. stay there. >> tech: you think this chip is nothing to worry about? well sooner or later... every chip will crack. >> mom: hi. >> tech: so bring it to safelite. we can repair it the same day... guaranteed. plus with most insurance, it's no cost to you. >> mom: really? >> singers: ♪ safelite repair, ♪ safelite replace. you wouldn't accept an incomplete job from any one else. why accept it from your allergy pills? flonase sensimist relieves all your worst symptoms, including nasal congestion,
11:19 pm
which most pills don't. and all from a gentle mist you can barely feel. flonase sensimist.
11:20 pm
11:21 pm
11:22 pm
♪ >> i state in competence the russian dossier was not part of the russian disinformation campaign? >> no come i can't state that with confidence. i and that is one of the areas that i am reviewing. i'm concerned about it, and i don't think it is entirely speculative. >> laura: to clarify what you just heard from attorney general barr says there is a possibility that the russians and the democrats accused of colluding trump together, they were actually the ones colluding wito the democrats. so the russians and the democrats. wouldn't that be an interesting switch. this could have all been part of one big russian disinformation
11:23 pm
campaign. chief national correspondent ed henry is here tonight with all of these details, ed. >> ed: laura, great to see you and despite when i interviewed the congresswoman she said iie don't know why you are focused on collusion because it's not a legal term. because democrats have alleged collusion for two years now. now the democrats wondering why attorney general bill barr a investigating possible russian disinformation in that dossier. what the democrats claiming the most important issue in the country maybe was russian disinformation. one key point in today's information, he will not back off his recent use of the word spying to describe what the obama administration due to the trump campaign. particularly, such surveillance he said unauthorized and inadequately predicated. and john brennan, james comey clapper, noting that intel community had one confidential informant and fisa warrants for carter page that raises questions whether this is a weak
11:24 pm
investigation or maybe was there more spying that we simply have not learned about. the surveillance that we do know about was based on the dossier of course by christopher steele with salacious anti-trump material paid for by the democrats. some of the main media said it was legit even "the new york times" reported last month after mueller's report released until officials fear the dossier full of russian disinformation. and many trump aids welcomed contact with the russians, some of the most sensational claims in the dossier appear to be false mothers were impossible to prove. the republican charles grassley said demanded why mueller did not investigate whether the dossier itself was part of russian disinformation. watch. >> shouldn't the special counsel looked into the origins of the fbi investigation into alleged collusion between the trump campaign and russia?
11:25 pm
>> are the origins of that narrative? >> yes. >> i don't know if he cute his charter that broadly and i don't know whether he did or not. that is something that i am't h reviewing. and again, we will look athi whatever the special counsel has developed on that. >> ed: and attorney general with multiple leak investigation underweight to put james comey come andrew mccabe and others in the cross hairs, laura. >> laura: goody-goody, ed thank so much great to see you tonight. former u.s. attorney and governor mike huckabee, former presidential candidate fox news contributor a great job, great to see you. all right, governor we heard from hillary clinton tonight for going on and on and on and predicting trump is going to win basically and legitimize trump t reelection tonight, but the democrats seem to have this problem with the word spying still. i want to play something to you. this has various cable networks around april 10th.hi
11:26 pm
let's watch. this fisa warrant to survey and spy on carter page is in october 2016. >> the application to spy on carter page's 50 pages long. >> when they spied on trump campaign carter page. the application to spy on page was approved by the president's own deputy attorney general. >> laura: celeste april they had no problem with it. calling it spying but how dare you use the word spying. >> mike: i thought he did a masterful job to spell out what that meant going back to his background. the bigger problem for the democrats, they've got nothing. they are like people who show up at the barbecue restaurant at closing time and all the meat is gone. what they are left to do is lick the bones, gnaw on it a little bit and suck the barbecue sauce out of the bottle. they have nothing else to do. and i think in a way, i almost felt sorry watching them. h but then i didn't because so rude and disrespectful of the attorney general.
11:27 pm
how he maintained his composure and didn't crawl across the table and go after a few of them as a testament to diplomacy grace, and being a gentleman.nd >> laura: a true professional joe they are making a big deal about the fact that barr said on the house testimony tomorrow because they are going to have b staff attorneys ask the questions. for our viewers out there, why is it a problem if staff attorneys ask questions of the attorney general? the stuff you see online, people say can't take the heat, can't take questions from staff attorneys, big deal. >> joe: it's not protocol and not unto senate confirm cabinet member and supposed be russian but the members of the committee. and it seems according to chairman nadler that none of the democratic members is capable of asking the attorney general proper questions. that is a surprise to me since many of them are lawyers. but the only time that you allow counsel to interview witnesses in a hearing is when it's an
11:28 pm
investigative hearing. almost like a grand jury. you never do that for oversight hearings or budget hearings or anything. so, remember bill barr agreedso with him and then nadler decided to change the rules. so typical democratic --e dirty fold. sure, just ridiculous. >> laura: governor, disgraced fbi director james comey. one of joe's favorite people. he has a man that led the charge for all of these trump agents. he is again in the process of blame shifting, writing in "the new york times" op-ed that just came out, "mr. trump eats your soul in small bites. mr. trump makes everyone aor coconspirator to his preferred set of facts or delusions." well, the lack of professional responsibility from this man is stunning. >> mike: first of all, he's dead wrong about donald trump.
11:29 pm
donald trump doesn't eat in small bites but one big chompd and over and done with it. it is one of the reasons he's president because he does know how to take on an adversary. jim comey has a lot of explaining to do. how he leaked, how he lied -- >> laura: you heard barr, he will be investigating comey right? >> mike: i don't want revenge but i want justice. i'm not interested in, okay they did it to us so let's do it to them. i'm interested in justice for one reason. the most powerful arm of the federal government can go after and almost take down a sitting president, what on god's earth could they do to me? >> laura: james comey brennan, comey, klapper. >> joe: america's dirty cop ate the soul of the fbi. he destroyed the fbi. f in this little piece of paper which is the fisa court ruling from 2017 where the chief judge outlines four years of lying byf the obama, fbi, and justicewh department, to the court about
11:30 pm
illegal spying by threetm contractors is going to be their undoing. and the court has already informed the justice department of the extent of the lying by the obama, fbi, and doj. you know what? comey can write poetry and go stand in the forest redwood. whatever. this goofy guy, he better get used to it because this is going to be his undoing. >> laura: i don't want joe to hold up a prop and point at me -- scary. when you hold up a prop, forget it. but they are trying to spin the investigation, are they not? >> mike: absolutely. >> laura: they know they are on the griddle come on the griddle these guys. >> joe: it is the klapper griddle, they are fighting back the only way they know how dirty.la >> laura: great to see both of you. thanks for mentioning the barbecue. arkansas always go back to barbecue, guys, come on. coming up, can we look at another future copresidency? no, i'm not talking about -- no
11:31 pm
no, not talking about that.n. raymond arroyo with me next, up next, "seen and unseen." ♪ o, o, no, i wanted more fromthat. my copd medicine... ...that's why i've got the power of 1 2 3 medicines with trelegy. the only fda-approved 3-in-1 copd treatment . ♪trelegy. ♪the power of 1-2-3. ♪trelegy 1-2-3 trelegy. with trelegy and the power of 1 2 3, i'm breathing better. trelegy works 3 ways to... ...open airways,... ...keep them open... ...and reduce inflammation... ...for 24 hours of better breathing. trelegy won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. trelegy is not for asthma. tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. do not take trelegy more than prescribed. trelegy may increase your risk of thrush, pneumonia, and osteoporosis. call your doctor if worsened breathing, chest pain, mouth or tongue swelling ...problems urinating, vision changes, or eye pain occur. think your copd medicine is doing enough?
11:32 pm
maybe you should think again. ask your doctor about once-daily trelegy and the power of 1 2 3. ♪trelegy 1-2-3 save at trelegy.com
11:33 pm
11:34 pm
11:35 pm
♪ >> laura: it is time for a "seen and unseen" segment and expose the culture of today. terrible, no good bad interview and the moments you may have missed or tried to him is from this year's white house correspondents. depression session, raymond arroyo fox news contributor and best-selling author of the new book, raiment aside from joe biden, repeating himself over and over again, a bigen interview with robin roberts, i did it go bad? >> raymond: laura, it was embarrassing. a man who has spent decades in politics being coached through an interview by his wife. now, remember that the clintons pitch themselves as copresidency. could they be trying the same
11:36 pm
tactic? watch joe biden here. >> we can't stay -- if i could jump in here sensitive to whether or not someone wants me to reassure them. >> i think what you don't realize is how many people approached joe.ow >> trump is very confident that should you win a nomination that he could beat you easily. are you as confident >> i'm confident. >> laura: [laughter] >> raymond: she may be a little too confident. i'm not sure he's convinced but she is. >> laura: at one point he was speaking in the beginning what is your pitch to the country and to make america moral again. >> dignity. >> laura: dignity. >> raymond: she is the visiting angel of the 2020 election cycle. his caretaker helping him along. saturday night the president held a big rally in wisconsin and took the wind out of the siils of the white house correspondents in d.c.
11:37 pm
and the star-studded event was headlined by a historian thisco year. but some of the media still try to play it off like the oscars though the star power was notably diminished. o >> wait a second. wow! let's take the temperature of the room where we have our intrepid reporters and partygoers, lori gerrit. and looking fabulous. very glam, ladies. >> a weird bash up of washington and celebrities. >> a celebrity moment with sean spicer interviewing for extra. >> raymond: that was the big stars sean spicer with allison radha. imagine grammys if no musical acts showed up. the tonys with no broadwaye performers. that is what happen here. white house correspondents, no president.
11:38 pm
>> laura: the only good time is when we snuck in that time remember? >> raymond: we are not talking about the my favorite moment the president of the correspondents association olivier knox offeref this moving story from the dais. february 2017 the president of the united states called us enemies of the people. if you days i was driving my thin 11-year-old son to practice on site is donald trump going to put you in prison? >> raymond: laura, we should put this in context. woodrow wilson tried to censor the press. you have john adams who made it illegal to write judicious things about the president. >> laura: that is all. >> raymond: you when i have been censored and tried to defund us and our jobs threatened but i've been threatened with excommunication okay? this is part of the job of being a journalist, you call things out and people will attack you. >> laura: obama was trashing fox, talk radio, cable news dismissing them in the most -- at least trump tweets about it.
11:39 pm
obama would not sit down and talk to most people who didn't agree with him. >> raymond: journalist shouldn't be saying -- they should be sayin,g, i'm still standing. >> laura: most of these people aren't journals but commentators. we are commentators and they are journalists. >> raymond: laura, i have to show you this. unveiling a new mascot and i wish i were making this up -- >> laura: the transit. >> raymond: their name is poo and pee. >> the only thing to be flushed is pee and toilet paper. why do we need a giant turd and a droplet of pee to remind people of those are the only things that should be flushed because feminine products and other things. >> laura: what happened to this taping on the door? >> raymond: san francisco might consider a big syringe and a bi poop and warn people what not to do. >> laura: san francisco a beautiful city but the mascot of
11:40 pm
san francisco. period. a large hypodermic needle walking around. all right, you have a pair of book signings coming up the next few weeks. >> raymond: fairfax, virginiaa and then new orleans. i'm back in new orleans the following weekend and all the details raymond arroyo.com. >> laura: this week in fairfax.ol >> raymond: and next week in new orleans. >> laura: raymondarroyo.com. two outrageous comments from democratic lawmakers, but first what representative omar said about the founding and white american. and then a local alabama politician's stomach turning remarks on abortion. >> dignity, mentioned dignity. >> laura: how it affects our dignity. the very dignified horace cooper, they debate next. thank you. the very
11:41 pm
it's going to be passover in just a few days. and these people are in desperate need.
11:42 pm
these are very difficult times for israel and the jewish people. as the government spends more and more of it's resources for battling terrorism. the situation has become a crisis. every week the lines get longer and longer. there are more people who come than they expect because the numbers keep growing. its difficult to have to see people in this situation needy for food. especially at this holiday season of passover. this should be a blessing to you. this $25 food box will provide one desperately needy family here in israel with food, with hope and with a note inside each of these saying that's its from christians and jews in america who seek to bless them. with your phone call right now a food box will go out to one desperate family in israel.
11:43 pm
inside the food box is a special note that will bless them and let them know that america stands strong in solidarity with israel in their struggle for survival. many of these people are ill they're sick, they're alone. they don't have the money to afford things that many of us, most of us, take for granted. people, who don't have enough money to even buy some matza the unleavened bread as the bible describes it. israel and it's people need your help now. you can make a life changing difference by calling and saying that you give a $25 food box to help a family in need in israel. thank you and god bless you for your support.
11:44 pm
♪ >> laura: now remember when congressman ilhan omar said some people did something on 9/11? yesterday she had harsher words for the country that sheau migrated to an hour represents. >> this is not going to be the country of the cynical. this is not going to beat the country of white people.tr this is the country that was founded on the history of native american, on the backs of black. but also by immigrants. >> laura: here now horace
11:45 pm
cooper and project 21 and civil rights attorney, leo turrell l all right, horace, is it productive for all of us when the only american history certain elected officials acknowledge are the negative chapters and everything afterwards kind of blurred up? >> horace: this is race hatred, and it apparently is motivated by hatred of who we are as a country. there is no perfect country, but when america stands on the world's stage come america stands head and shoulders above. our actual history more than outweighs with the exceptional accomplishments of the things that make america a remarkable place. >> laura: leo, it sounds like she's steeped in like howard's and history or something. that's the only historical, you know, reference point of certain
11:46 pm
people on the left.bu but do you take any pause him what she said, or do you think that is just a way to look at the country today? >> leo: that is her being truthful. i mean there is not one thing that she said, laura that was dishonest. this country was built on slavery, a group of white men who considered african-americans as property. nothing came out of her mouth that was truthful -- untruthful. >> horace: it is extortion. >> leo: that about those americans, what about thoseex americans who lost more of their lives than any other war with the indians. indian slavery. what about that? >> horace: you are changing the subject. >> leo: it is distorting. they went the question of emphasis. >> laura: it is a question of emphasis i think that horace is getting at.is it is only focusing on the negative and it is focusing on islamophobic. we have problems o
11:47 pm
like every country, but there is a reason people want to come here both as refugees, illegal immigrants. 90,000 somalis live in st. paul minnesota, 90,000 because of our good graces and our generosity and willingness to help people and then a lot of people out there tonight, i think, leo say we opened our doors and opened our country and we are glad you are here, but my gosh, is there anything we've done right? >> leo: laura, we are not saying that. where can we find the truth that she is articulating? what history books has it been whitewashed. >> horace: it's not been whitewashed. >> laura: are you kidding me? have you read a history book today? i do. guys, i have to switch gears. we will not solve anything here. unbelievable remarks from democratic alabama state rep on abortion blowing up the internet. let's watch. >> some kids are unwanted. kill them now or kill them later.
11:48 pm
you bring them in the worlddom unwanted, unloved. and then you send them to the electric chair. so kill them now or kill them later. >> laura: i thought that was some kind of sick joke, but it is actually horrifying, horace. is this a slap in the face to the work you do at project 21 kill them now or kill them later, whatever. >> horace: this is jaw-dropping. human lives are looked upon as some sort of inconvenience and apparently the end outcome their death is inevitable. we ought to be doing the exact opposite. we are democrats joining with conservatives, liberals standing up for innocent human lives. >> laura: again, back to the sins of the past, the sins of today and what we are doing and stomping out lives. leo, i can't imagine you would applaud that comment. >> leo: no, no, i will not. a poor choice of words of someone i believe is pro-choice.
11:49 pm
i do not agree with his terminology and analogy. the argument of choice is always debatable issue, but in use of words, absolutely correct. >> laura: all right, coming up aunt becky and "desperate housewives" may not be the only celebrity embroiled in the college admission scandal. the breaking details you cannot miss next. . book your next vacation. ♪ be a booker at booking.com >> tech: you think this chip is well sooner or later... every chip will crack. >> mom: hi. >> tech: so bring it to safelite. we can repair it the same day... guaranteed. plus with most insurance, it's no cost to you. >> mom: really? >> singers: ♪ safelite repair, ♪ safelite replace.
11:50 pm
11:51 pm
11:52 pm
11:53 pm
>> laura: hollywood on edge as more celebs joining activists lori loughlin and felicity huffman in the college admissions scandal. trace gallagher live on the west coast newsroom with all the details, trace. >> trace: laura, from the very day lori loughlin and felicity huffman and dozens of parents charged in the admissions scandal, they made it clear it was the tip of the iceberg. now "the new york times" reporting the prosecutor is pursuing and have notified a nec set of parents, most of whom live right here in southern california. southern california tells "the times" a lot more parents they too could be targeted. they are scrambling to get legal representation. we should note the ringleader of this cheating scandal, rick singer a college consultant for a living and presumably had legitimate clients, but even those parents have to wonder if they dotted their i's andsi crossed their t's.
11:54 pm
separately, target letters from federal prosecutors have reportedly been sent to some students including at least one of lori loughlin's daughtersed meaning the students themselves could be charged as willing participants. in the meantime, we are learning about the family of a chinese student who literally paid $6.5 million to get their child into stanford. molly was admitting the spring 2017, her family lives in beijing and has not been charged.se and it is unclear if they knew what rick singer was doing to facilitate her acceptance. it is not over yet, laura. >> laura: trace, thanks so much. and a dangerously naive comment from one of the 2020 democrats. your allergy pills? flonase sensimist relieves all your worst symptoms, including nasal congestion, which most pills don't. and all from a gentle mist
11:55 pm
.. we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today.
11:56 pm
♪ ♪ book now and enjoy free unlimited open bar and more. norwegian cruise line. feel free.
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
♪ >> laura: you are so lucky, because it is >> time for the last bite.
11:59 pm
i told you about the threat of china, trump is still you about the threat of china, everyone knows about the threat communist china poses to our country and the free world except rambling joe. >> china? come on. they can't even figure out how to deal with the fact they have this great division between the china sea and the mountains in the east, in the west. they are not bad folks, but they are not competition for us. >> 800,000 muslims in reeducation camps. where is he getting his information from.
12:00 am
this is bob gates, i think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign-policy and national security issue over the past four decades. my podcast, tomorrow kellyanne conway, you will love it, shannon bream takes all the analysis from here and i'm going to be watching in my slippers. shannon: have a good night. we begin with the fox news alert. venezuelans taking to the streets again, the us recognized juan guaido as he falls on his supporters to stay strong in the military shows no sign of backing down. we take you there in minutes. and rick scott makes an argument for us military involvement. the attorney general will not be going back to capitol hill around 2. house democrats are threatening a contempt citation. we

54 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on