Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  June 8, 2019 2:00am-3:00am PDT

2:00 am
bongino show. you can find that wherever you get your podcast as always. thanks a lot for being with us. sean will be back here on monday. have a really great weekend. thank you. ilililililililililili. in the meantime, here comes "the five." ♪ >> juan: hello, everyone, i'm juan williams, it's 5:00 in new york city, this is "the five" ." ♪ the gloves are coming off, president trump lashing out in his on ongoing feud with nancy pelosi, the house speaker reportedly told leading democrats, she doesn't want trump impeached, she wants to see him in prison. >> she has a disaster, let her do what she wants. i think they are in big trouble, when you look at the kind of
2:01 am
crimes that were committed, i don't need any more evidence and what i'm hearing, there's a lot of evidence coming in. i've tried to be nice to her because i would've liked to of gotten some deals done. she is incapable of doing deals, she is our nasty, vindictive, horrible person. the mueller report came out, it was a disaster for them. a horrible, nasty, vicious statement while i'm overseas. if i made a statement over anybody, why would he do that when he's overseas? she has a terrible person and i will tell you, her name is nervous nancy because she has a nervous wreck. >> juan: jesse, today, the president followed up with a tweet, i think we have it here, in which he talks about not impeachment but again, going to jail. i'm thinking to myself, he says there is no evidence to justify having nancy pelosi make such a statement but i'm thinking, if going to jail all is on his
2:02 am
mind, is he scared? >> jesse: trump looks nervous, doesn't he? you really think he thinks he's going to jail? he is not going to jail and nervous nancy is a top-five nickname and that's going to stick. i want to address the elephant in a room, greg is in a panic. he just found out it's in the city and this man is sweating bullets, he's going to record it in case someone tries to sabotage it for political purposes. the man is paranoid. i don't think is going to make it to the show. >> greg: i'm anxious because somebody in my ear, producer said the prompter operator was at this location. at 4:59, before the show starte started. >> juan: did you pass your driving test?
2:03 am
>> katie: my mother made me learn to dry a stick shift in our trucker's lot. >> juan: you don't think he's worried about going to jail? >> jesse: no, juan, he is not going to jail. >> juan: a look at the president there, i'm thinking, dana works for the white house, dana understands the power of the office. he's going on attacking -- >> dana: he was asked questions and when he is asked questions, he answers them. he could've said, come back this week when i'm back at the white house, we can talk about all of this. nancy pelosi is there as well, "i'm not going to do that overseas." i don't think she was too upset that the article was printed back home saying that she as a democratic meeting said she would rather see him imprisoned because it made her look tough.
2:04 am
she thinks it rattles him. he wants to counterpunch and -- it could be on twitter. this is a feud that is going to go on forever. i feel like every hour there is something else. last hour we found out that groups or who worked at the justice department who was demo, before he left the justice department he was given $48,000 in bonus money. that's interesting. >> jesse: dana, bringing the heat. >> dana: i am just saying, there is something every day you can pick apart. the other thing is u.s. attorney john durham is working on the investigation of the investigator, apparently it was said to our own kevin harris that he's asking all the right questions. i don't know what that means but it's enough to get the story going for another three days until you have john dean testifying in front of the house on monday. >> juan: forget the jail stuff
2:05 am
for a second, the president says there's no evidence, he doesn't understand it and yet "the new york times" today is printing an article in which it says, here's what articles under impeachment might look like. what do you make of this? >> greg: the times op-ed has showed you how the media has essentially become bathhouse. the twitter activists are tweeting to get the attention of "the new york times." the rest of the world goes on. when you look at historical unemployment, you see progress on various fronts, you can talk about tariffs, trade, jobs, the economy. as opposed to words but the times can't look at that because it destroys their entire narrative. can i talk about nervous nancy? it is a great nickname because you can use it on anybody. nervous nancy now replaces
2:06 am
nervous nelly. you are too young to know nervous nelly. >> dana: negative nancy. >> greg: i am a nervous nancy. i think there was a juxtaposition there with the rows and rows of the dead and this is a week when we are honoring those people but from when you are being interviewed, you don't -- you aren't thinking about what's behind you most of the time when you are being interviewed. i think the juxtaposition is interesting because back in that time they were dodging grenades being hurled at them and here it's just insults. maybe the juxtaposition, ironically, talks about how we are in a lucky, better time because of those rows and rows of dead behind him. i don't know, it's kind of an interesting thing and an odd place to have an interview. >> juan: i thought it was me being sensitive, robert mueller is a former marine, vietnam
2:07 am
veteran, is this the place? >> greg: i don't think there should be any interviews there, that's how i feel. >> juan: is the president comes home he's going to face a lot of issues, some uncertain economic numbers, lower interest rates, what do you think? of course he's got the battle with republicans in the senate over the use of tariffs, on the immigration issue. >> katie: in terms of working with nancy pelosi on things like infrastructure, i think democrats are missing a big opportunity here. when president trump went into the oval office, he wasn't a hard partisan, he was an independent run on republican ticket. and he's donated to democrats and republicans for all kinds of causes, he's been open about the fact that he wanted to do infrastructure during the campaign.
2:08 am
there are things democrats could work with president trump on to regain a lot of the blue-collar workers. that people like joe biden are trying to regain but because of this constant feud that's not happening. i think democrats are missing their chance to get a lot of things done or at least talk about why it's important. one more thing on nancy pelosi, she made this comment, the present is asked about it, not allowed to respond to because he's overseas, i still don't understand the dynamic of these accused of something and when he responds, he's the one who's in the wrong. got he's not allowed to respond to allegations or accusations anymore? >> jesse: you can argue that the president has been classier in regards to his treatment of nancy pelosi. he came in and had very nice things to say about nancy and chuck and told me when i interviewed him, he's looking forward to negotiating with them and thinks they're great people and he tried to do that several times, he's met with them and try to bring them on board on
2:09 am
bipartisan issues like renegotiating nafta or fixing the immigration crisis but time and time again, he's been sabotaged by nancy and then she says dirty, nasty things just to assuage her caucus because she's lost control. and i think it looks like he's had it. >> katie: if you look at the way chuck schumer reacts and the way nancy pelosi reacts, chuck schumer is much more reserved when it comes to what he saying about the president, whereas nancy pelosi is catering to the far left of her party whereas chuck schumer's reaction has been a little more muted. >> juan: did joe biden just make a detrimental flip-flop? details when "the five" returns. stay with us. makes it beautiful.
2:10 am
state-of-the-art technology makes it brilliant. the visionary lexus nx. lease the 2019 nx 300 for $359/month for 36 months. experience amazing at your lexus dealer. but dad, you've got allstate. with accident forgiveness they guarantee your rates won't go up just because of an accident. smart kid. indeed. are you in good hands? wgreat tasting, heart-healthys the california walnuts.ever? so simple, so good. get the recipes at walnuts.org.
2:11 am
2:12 am
so chantix can help you quit slow turkey.rkey. along with support, chantix is proven to help you quit. with chantix you can keep smoking at first and ease into quitting. chantix reduces the urge so when the day arrives, you'll be more ready to kiss cigarettes goodbye. when you try to quit smoking, with or without chantix, you may have nicotine withdrawal symptoms. stop chantix and get help right away if you have changes in behavior or thinking, aggression, hostility, depressed mood, suicidal thoughts or actions, seizures, new or worse heart or blood vessel problems, sleepwalking, or life-threatening allergic and skin reactions. decrease alcohol use. use caution driving or operating machinery. tell your doctor if you've had mental health problems. the most common side effect is nausea. quit smoking slow turkey. talk to your doctor about chantix.
2:13 am
we like drip coffee, layovers- -and waiting on hold. what we don't like is relying on fancy technology for help. snail mail! we were invited to a y2k party... uh, didn't that happen, like, 20 years ago? oh, look, karolyn, we've got a mathematician on our hands! check it out! now you can schedule a callback
2:14 am
or reschedule an appointment, even on nights and weekends. today's xfinity service. simple. easy. awesome. i'd rather not. ♪ >> dana: a major reversal by joe biden. the democratic front runner suddenly says he no longer supports the hyde amendment. >> i can't justify leaving millions of women without access to the care they need and the ability to exercise their constitutionally protected right. if i believe health care is all right, i can no longer support an amendment that makes that right -- >> dana: biden came under fire
2:15 am
from other 2020 hopefuls, including elizabeth warren. >> understand that women of means will still have access to abortions. who won't will be poor women, working women, women who can't afford to take off three days from work, very young women, women who get raped, women who have been molested by someone in their own family. we do not pass laws that take away that freedom. >> dana: turns out last year, she and 11 other candidates voted in favor of a bill containing similar language to restrict federal abortion funding. yesterday, about 20 minutes after the show ended, you sent the email saying joe biden changed his position again. we just talked about this yesterday. >> greg: i think he is
2:16 am
actually toast, the more people see of him the less they like him, that was essentially alyssa milano in drag. the democrats need an adult in the room to explain the absolute necessity of the hyde amendment. you have your abortion, all the hyde amendment is doing is preserving civility between people who think abortion is murder or people who don't. making pro-lifers pay for abortion is like making an abolitionist pay for your. it's an ugly issue and the only thing to make sure the world survives is a compromise like the hyde amendment. you take that away, you don't know what to expect. it could get violent. >> dana: is speaking of alyssa milano, the actress from "who's the boss," she might be the
2:17 am
boss. they start calling around, they are upset because they can't convince joe biden that he's wrong on this issue. so they get alyssa milano to call the campaign manager to tell him that the candidate needed a change. although it comes from "the atlantic" earlier. what does it say to people who sign up to work for a candidate who want to change his main positions on things, there's 20 other candidates, you go work for them. >> juan: she's trying to get him elected or at least win the democratic nomination and alyssa milano i believe is one of the people who was still active in georgia in terms of saying -- i think there is some people, disney and others who are looking at pulling out of productions in georgia because of their new antiabortion bill. she is a large voice here. i think she is someone who is a player here. i think the larger position is i think lots of republicans looking at this don't see someone with an open mind to
2:18 am
it's open to the idea that i come you know what, times have changed, republicans are clearly going after -- >> dana: you said yesterday that their campaign put out a statement that he actually is for the hyde amendment. he wasn't, he is, he wasn't, he is. part of the appeal for his candidacy is that he is authentic. he's going to throw authenticity out of the window and disregard the experience. >> katie: if you look at the polling so far, they want someone who can beat donald trump and joe biden was supposed to be the moderate guy in the middle. he's going to give all his possessions to the left because an actress called him who's trying to get states to boycott laws that they voted for in a democracy. what's the point of him being the moderate candidate in the democratic primary? also, this comes down to the question of the fundamentals of the campaign. david axelrod, the former chief
2:19 am
strategist for barack obama coming up this morning and saying, not sure this means joe biden has what it takes to get to the end. this is something joe biden worked on repeatedly, 1976 through the 1990s, he voted against a partial abortion ban under bill clinton. the question now is do you believe that abortion is health care? and at what point do you think abortion is health care and are there any restrictions on that? >> dana: he will be asked that at debates. you can see what's going to happen as all these other people in the democratic race know what his achilles' heel is. one of the candidates running against him, "that's really great, thank you, now do the iraq war." >> jesse: maybe he will flip-flop on the iraq war. also remember what he said about giving health care to illegal immigrants. it hasn't been smooth despite the fact that the media keeps
2:20 am
saying this guy has had a great launch. i think his launch has been awful. he's had to apologize, it hasn't been smooth. it was about a week of bad pres press. his campaign was so slow to react to that. his campaign has been slow and -- >> dana: they are trying to change his positions. >> jesse: the fact that you need alyssa milano to come in and try to change his mind, when such an issue as abortion funding, something he's been in marston for 60 years. >> dana: the debate moderators, i have no idea who they are, it will be interesting to see how they handle the question. >> katie: can i say one more thing about alyssa milano pushing the hyde amendment repealed, she has a lot of money and her friends have a lot of money. if they feel strongly about abortion for women who need it,
2:21 am
they can probably fund raise and get more money than you are going to get from taxpayers. that option is there, don't force americans to pay for it. >> dana: the latest on the >> dana: the latest on the border battle next. my experience with usaa has been excellent. they really appreciate the military family and it really shows. with all that usaa offers why go with anybody else? we know their rates are good, we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and
2:22 am
i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today. they're america's bpursuing life-changing cures. in a country that fosters innovation here, they find breakthroughs... like a way to fight cancer by arming a patient's own t-cells... because it's not just about the next breakthrough... it's all the ones after that. if you have moderate to little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable.
2:23 am
don't use if you're allergic to otezla. it may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. otezla is associated with an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. upper respiratory tract infection and headache may occur. tell your doctor about your medicines and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ready to treat differently with a pill? otezla. show more of you.
2:24 am
you don't always use your smartphone for directions. hey guys! up there! or, to laugh out loud. you're in the middle. but when it matters most, you count on tracfone to keep you connected, for less. ♪ our smartphone plan gives you talk text and data with unlimited carryover starting at $15 a month, no contract. all with nationwide 4g lte coverage. get top smartphones or bring your own phone. tracfone. for moments that matter.
2:25 am
get top smartphones or bring your own phone. (kickstart my heart by motley crue)) (truck honks) (wheels screeching) (clapping) (sound of can hitting bag and bowl) (clapping) always there in crunch time. >> katie: president trump's tough talk seems to be working, the president standing firm on his threat to slap a 5% tariff on all goods imported from mexico starting monday. >> when you are the piggy bank everybody steals and drops from and they deceive you like they've been doing for 25 years, tariffs are a beautiful thing, it's a beautiful thing if you know how to use it properly. republicans -- i view tariffs
2:26 am
into a cult phases. frankly, they going to make a fortune because all the companies will move back into the country. >> why does it seem like mexico is -- >> they are letting millions of people walk up to their country. >> katie: mexico is apparently listening because it's negotiators have reportedly offered to immediately deploy 6,000 national guard troops to the border with guatemala. they've also froze in bank accounts of alleged smugglers. seems like the threats and the mixing of immigration policy and tariffs. >> jesse: tariff diplomacy has been effective, we are waiting to see on china but has worked on south korea and japan and now it's got mexico's attention. the problem with mexico as they are run by the cartels.
2:27 am
they control the entire border. it's the south american cartels, too. you can't have the border completely controlled by a cartel and tell mexico, hey, can you stop? the secret is mexico doesn't want to because they are getting all the politicians and all the judges taking so much cash from these cartels. there is no incentive for them to crack down so they get rich and they say, we will do something that they don't do anything about it. the problem is you are dealing with a corrupt third world country. >> dana: they seem to be respono do something in the answer seems to be asked, they are. you're trying to get a long-term commitment from mexico.
2:28 am
>> dana: the president is not able to get congress to move and if there is no wall, we can't deal with the cartels because the government does not have control over the cartels but can they do some thing at the southern border, could they use our help? possibly. i think the president goes through with the tariffs anyway. what's the benchmark? i still don't understand, how many migrants are going to be allowed from mexico to take these tariffs off? i think the president feels like it puts him in a stronger position and sometimes you make decisions as president that could actually hurt you domestically, economically but you have to make that choice, it's a cost/benefit analysis, maybe he will figure out a way to make sure the mexicans hold up their end of the deal. >> katie: one, mexico is acknowledging that there's a crisis of the border, smugglers are responsible for bringing children here, why aren't democrats more interested in getting us to a permanent fix on
2:29 am
capitol hill? >> juan: ain't the problem here is that trump is not threatening mexico, i think he's threatening american consumers. that's why republicans of congress are saying, mr. president, this is not the right step to take. we are not talking about avocados and tequila, we are talking about cars, oil, manufacturing, it would have a devastating effect on the southwest border's economy, not just mexico's economy. we have a situation where the president made a promise long ago to build a wall. he had to go years of a republican house and a republican senate, never happened and now he's somehow put trade in with immigration. it's a problem of his own making, he's the one that said "i'm going to make it tougher, i'm going to take financing away from honduras and other countries. somehow now people are -- >> dana: they've been working
2:30 am
with the governments there. in terms of a long-term solution here and what actually has to be done to make this problem stop, is the president using tools that have been used before to get some kind of result? >> greg: obviously he sees the border as more important than cheaper goods. and i think if you asked americans what they would prefer, a strong border or cheaper avocados, i think they would go for the border. it goes to the comparison of a long-term goal which is usually what an adult looks at, and short-term goals, what kids look at, cheaper goods, i want this now. but the long-term goal is more meaningful, it makes you the bad guy up front. i am no fan of tariffs, the fact is this is part of his thing of shaking the box. the funny thing about mexico is that they weren't going to call his bluff because they saw what he was doing to china. this man means business, who
2:31 am
knew? the worst attributes of a leader are indecision and ambivalence. everybody out there, you may find him to be mercurial, unstable, he's decisive. why are you laughing? >> jesse: you and i both know who loves their avocado toast. much more than what's going on at the border. >> greg: if the avocado toast is unavailable -- >> jesse: 20-year-old women on sunday. say it florida builds a plant in mexico because they want to pay cheap labor. they -- get hit with a 5% tariff. the business community in this country is also being impacted by the tariffs. he's incentivizing american companies to build factories
2:32 am
here. >> juan: republicans are more upset, this is the first time they've taken a stance against trump. >> jesse: it's funny that the democrats always want to raise taxes and now they are complaining that trump is raising taxes. >> juan: >> katie: dunkel anywh. ♪ i'm here with the cortezs, lawsons, carnevales at their family reunion to show them the family of chevy suvs. this is the trax, the equinox and the traverse. which one is your favorite? the trax, actually. more compact. the equinox is jumping out at me. - the blue one. - the red one. and i would take that traverse. no matter what you want in an suv, chevy's got the perfect one for you. you got it covered. current competitive owners get 14% below msrp on most equinox models. that's over $5600 on this equinox. find new roads at your local chevy dealer. with licensed agents available 24/7. it's not just easy.
2:33 am
it's having-a-walrus-in-goal easy! roooaaaar! it's a walrus! ridiculous! yes! nice save, big guy! good job duncan! way to go! [chanting] it's not just easy. it's geico easy. oh, duncan. stay up. no sleepies.
2:34 am
toujeo provides significant a1c reduction, and stable blood sugar control, around the clock. find your groove with toujeo. ♪ let's groove tonight. toujeo is used to control high blood sugar in adults with diabetes. it contains 3 times as much insulin in 1 milliliter as standard insulin. don't use toujeo to treat diabetic ketoacidosis, during episodes of low blood sugar, or if you're allergic to insulin. get medical help right away if you have a serious allergic reaction such as body rash, or trouble breathing. don't reuse needles, or share insulin pens. the most common side effect is low blood sugar, which can be life-threatening. it may cause shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat,
2:35 am
and blurred vision. check your blood sugar levels daily. injection site reactions may occur. don't change your dose without talking to your doctor. tell your doctor about all medicines and medical conditions. check insulin label each time you inject. taking tzds with insulins may cause heart failure that can lead to death. ♪ let's groove tonight. ask your doctor about toujeo.
2:36 am
>> greg: that was a charming one. >> and my personal hell of being president will finally be over. >> jesse: "i'm so done with
2:37 am
that, i can't imagine i would do it again. they should find somebody who wants to do it." here's what he said. >> you're done with trump? >> to me, i would like to be done in terms of it crashes all my weekends. they are my dear friends, whether i go back or not, i don't know. >> jesse: do you think he's sick of it? >> greg: here's the problem, he's not as funny as the real thing. if you're going to impersonate somebody, you can't be angry and boring by comparison to the initial subject. he comes off as angry and boring, he's like a child pretending to be his father. it was so -- it was so lame. >> jesse: it seems to be wearing on him psychologically. if you are paid to imitate
2:38 am
someone you despise, it could be. >> dana: i don't think it's that good of an imitation. >> katie: i agree. >> greg: is there anyone who will be better? there's about 1,000 trump impersonators. >> dana: when you say "i don't want to do it anymore," when you're not very good at it. >> juan: you mentioned -- he's a better impersonator, i don't know. he focuses on the dark side of trump, it comes off as out of control, very dark, very conspiratorial and i think actually there's a later reality and a funnier reality to the genuine article. >> katie: i don't think it's very funny, i think other people could do better. it kind of revamped his career after he had all those issues and whatever.
2:39 am
>> jesse: i think they are tired of alex there. up next, have you ever wondered what your side of the bed says about your political leanings? their science to why you prefer the left side or the right side. meanwhile, right side sleepers are more likely to be politically conservative, they prefer rock and action flicks, prefer wine over beer. >> juan: are we looking from the head of the bed? >> jesse: you are standing at the foot, that's the right side and that's the left side. where do you sleep on? >> juan: the right side. >> dana: i'm on the right side but because it's nero to the bathroom. >> greg: i choose my side based on what's available at the
2:40 am
moment. like politics, ideally i want to be in the middle between the other two. [laughter] >> jesse: it sounds like fun over at your place. a >> greg: i am the filling of the oreo. >> katie: i'm on the left side but it doesn't matter. >> jesse: she's going to rollover tonight. >> greg: did you ask dana? >> dana: yeah. i mentioned, because it's nero to the bathroom. a >> greg: that's right. >> jesse: i have the same problem. >> dana: it's not a problem. >> greg: there shouldn't be bathrooms near the bedroom anyway. let's move on. >> jesse: the nba finals, not the game but what happened courtside.
2:41 am
reportedly in tears and forced to disable her instagram accoun account. her less than enthusiastic reaction for game three on wednesday night going viral. is that the side eye, is that what they are talking about? 's before it was a whole thing but it was stupid. the lady was asking jay-z what he wanted to drink. she invited them to the game because she is the wife of the owner of the golden state warriors and i think beyonce should have come out to say earlier what happened. there was a huge misunderstanding and this poor woman went through a lot yesterday. >> dana: it's amazing when the stuff on the sidelines is more interesting than the game. >> greg: if you are not on social media you would never know. she's a billionaire.
2:42 am
she's a billionaire. you could go do stuff, you don't have to sit around on instagram and watch people insult you. it's like she's obsessing over a rain storm 5 miles away. >> juan: she should sit in our seats and see what people say about us. >> jesse: greg, driving test? fun day. are we going to have cameras there or not? >> greg: i will -- i don't think that's legal. >> katie: i have a go pro you can borrow. >> jesse: should we have a film crew at the driving test? >> juan: you are nervous anyway. >> jesse: look, the cameras are on now. >> greg: this is going to be a nightmare. it will be a great story if i flunk, that's all i can say.
2:43 am
if i pass, i get a license. if i don't, it's a block on monday. >> jesse: on monday we will have the results of greg's driving test. ♪ ♪ (music plays throughout) ♪ ♪ i went straight to ctca. after my mastectomy, i felt like part of my identity was being taken away. my team made me feel whole again.
2:44 am
cancer treatment centers of america. appointments available now. cancer treatment centers of america. if you have moderate to little things can be a big deal. that's why there's otezla. otezla is not a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable. don't use if you're allergic to otezla. it may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. otezla is associated with an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. upper respiratory tract infection and headache may occur. tell your doctor about your medicines and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ready to treat differently with a pill? otezla. show more of you.
2:45 am
hey! i live on my own now! i've got xfinity, because i like to live life in the fast lane. unlike my parents. you rambling about xfinity again? you're so cute when you get excited... anyways... i've got their app right here, i can troubleshoot. i can schedule a time for them to call me back, it's great! you have our number programmed in? ya i don't even know your phone anymore...
2:46 am
excuse me?! what? i don't know your phone number. aw well. he doesn't know our phone number! you have our fax number, obviously... today's xfinity service. simple. easy. awesome. i'll pass. in honor of my dad, who was alzheimer's. i decided to make shirts for the walk with custom ink, and they just came out perfect. - [announcer] check out our huge selection of custom apparel for every occasion. you'll even get free shipping. get started today at customink.com.
2:47 am
>> greg: "fan mail friday," let's get to your questions. "what song brings you back to your teens and why? "all right, juan? >> juan: jimi hendrix, it's like you are out playing ball, you feel it but there's another part of me that would be like -- just my imagination once again. >> katie: the beach boys, the beach boys -- or because it would play up before basketball volleyball games. >> jesse: my first cassette tape was run dmc, "king of
2:48 am
rock." my dad found out and bought me a bruce. >> dana: i would say, thinking about late teens and having our car and we lived out in the country, i would say paula abdul, "coldhearted snake." >> greg: i met her once, not very friendly. that was years ago. i would go with the first clash album. you'd like them. you would like their politics. all right, question from a familiar person. "if you had your own warning label, what would it say?" >> dana: "don't make all your noises around me." >> greg: i knew it!
2:49 am
we moved and i hear jesse's staff, i hear "the five" staff. >> jesse: what are they saying about me? >> greg: when you come out, they shut up and when you walk away they start talking again. >> juan: i don't know who came up with this idea that it was better to have us altogether. >> jesse: "highly toxic." my masculinity. >> katie: "will spill or trip without notice." i'm not really clumsy, it's called katie's law, what will go wrong can go wrong, absolutely well. i have to take a lot of precautions. >> juan: "angrier than he appears." [laughter] >> greg: i don't know that
2:50 am
it's possible. you are really angry. my warning label is "shake well before using." okay, what books will you be reading this summer? dana? >> dana: i just read a great book, i finished it -- >> jesse: she just got so happy. >> dana: "girls like us." i am reading "the dutch house." comes out in september. >> greg: everybody across the country is just thrilled by "the dutch house." >> greg: juan? >> juan: this is a good look but it doesn't sound like it, a book about slavery in the 1800s, a novel, it's terrific. "black washington." >> dana: "washington black," i
2:51 am
just bought it! >> katie: i am reading "true believer" by jack carr. >> greg: i am going to a a to make you are going to laugh. i have one of his old books, i have like ten books, i read little pieces. i read little pieces. >> jesse: doing lots of different books. >> greg: i never finish anything. how would you rate your first appearance on national television on a scale of 1-10. >> katie: i was on "redeye" so you tell me. i had to ride the bus here. halfway there it canceled. i slept on the floor of my brothers dorm room. >> dana: that is such an "red i" guest appearance.
2:52 am
>> jesse: 10, obviously. i accidentally walked onto a live set and handed the anchor of the script and walked out. "he just walked onto a live set." he just took it and thanked me. i walked really well. >> juan: national press conferences, i did fine. i just remember. >> greg: i did a fitness thing of its kind lexus ux and ux f sport, also available in hybrid all-wheel drive. lease the 2019 ux 200 for $329/month for 36 months. .
2:53 am
. urprisingly painless. with instant confirmation... i got it! what? what? l.a. bookers book apartments and vacation homes as easy as hotels. ridin' scooter! l.a. baby! l.a. baby! be a booker you're welcome. at booking.com
2:54 am
i've always been amazed and still going for my best, even though i live with a higher risk of stroke due to afib not caused by a heart valve problem. so if there's a better treatment than warfarin... i want that too. eliquis. eliquis is proven to reduce stroke risk better than warfarin. plus has significantly less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis is fda-approved and has both. what's next? reeling in a nice one. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden sign of bleeding, like unusual bruising.
2:55 am
eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. eliquis, the number one cardiologist-prescribed blood thinner. ask your doctor if eliquis is what's next for you. >> juan: the time now for friday fun. one more thing. jesse? >> jesse: national doughnut day. cannoli doughnuts, banana foster, strawberry shortcake, italian rebel, peanut butter pie, absolutely delicious and they have three places in jersey. fort lee, milford, was coffered, or go to open we have an exclusive with the guy who was docked by the media for putting out that drunk nancy pelosi video. he'll talk to us about what went
2:56 am
down. >> dana: that's interesting. is that the first interview he's done? what a booking. last night was an amazing night in nashville. take a listen. ♪ that is julian cardarelli. remember her name. raising money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. family had to go through that when their 2-year-old addie had leukemia but she is now 15 years income and she's 18. living a fine and healthy night, you can check it out. was in nashville. greg? >> greg: talk about a holy night. am i right, danna? saturday, 10:00 p.m. "the greg gutfeld show." we have pete had
2:57 am
and you've got tom shillue. he's quite a nice cat, and we've got kat timpf and cyrus. if you don't watch it, i will stop watching you. and i do watch you. outside. >> juan: my turn. it's not quite andy griffith and opie, with father's day take a look at this competition between north carolina state trooper and his daughter, the trooper brad marshall and daughter eden challenged each other to do one pull up. as you can see, the 7-year-old was the winner. of course, the officer's duty belt looks like it weighs more than eden. she's been doing gymnastics for two years comprising six hours a day. dad is a great sport, example of being a good dad. >> he's strong! >> greg: i can do that. >> katie: this little boy missed his school bus and wrote a note to his mom to tell her why. he wrote, i regret to inform you
2:58 am
that i missed my means of public transportation. you must be in a roller coaster of emotions right now but rest assured, he made a pro and con list. the first day of home will be fine, it was going to be a bad day anything. going to have to call the school and tell them he had polio. so he made this list of over 870 kids -- >> jesse: i want to say these doughnuts from glaze artisanal, the best i've ever had. >> juan: i think you had the most ♪ [national anthem] ♪ [national anthem]
2:59 am
♪ [national anthem] ♪ [national anthem] ♪ [national anthem] ♪ [national anthem] ♪ [national anthem]
3:00 am
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ i want something just like this. ed: good morning. jedediah: welcome to 6:00 a.m. ed: we would just do email. jedediah: he was busy hosting television. fell asleep. last thing i saw was pete's face. i don't know how i feel about that. bye, pete. ed: it was his birthday this week. i got him some special

51 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on