Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  June 27, 2019 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
up for this huge international event. there will be a side meeting between president trump and president putin. that is "the story" for tonight. we'll see you tomorrow night. have a great night, everybody. ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." we are coming to you live, riverside, from kyoto, japan. we do not make it back from our live camera location yesterday. we had quite a journey. we all throw to you throughout the hour. we'll be interviewing the president in japan here for the g20. back in the native land, the united states of america, the democratic party went completely insane yesterday. it's been happening for a while of course. insanity is a process. but last night, the first democratic primary debate of the 2,020 season, they made it official. elite democrats have permanently broken with reality. they no longer care about what
5:01 pm
is true, what is possible. even once we. they live in a kind of dream state, i place a fantasy, punctuated by self-righteousness. watch as julian castro, keep in mind, he was an actual cabinet secretary in the obama administration, only a couple of years ago, watch as julian castro explains that men who get pregnant have a moral right to taxpayer-funded abortions. not joking. watch. >> i don't believe only in reproductive freedom. i believe in reproductive justice. [cheers and applause] and what that means is that just because a woman or, let's also not forget someone in the trans community, a trans female -- [cheers and applause] it does not mean they should not have the right to exercise the right to choose. >> tucker: and so they cheered. the hold plate empire liberalism in full flower. who exactly is a constituency for castro's idea? men dressed as women who get
5:02 pm
pregnant. that is a constituency. unfortunately, there are precisely zero people on planet earth who fit that description. not a single person, actually. there never have been any people like that. there never will be any people like that. why? because it's impossible. biological men cannot get pregnant. pretending otherwise is lunacy. at the very definition of lunac. but julian castro doesn't care. taxpayer-funded transgender abortion sounds like something that all good progressives should support. so castro fervently does. and critically, he knows that nobody in the room while different science or pause to ask them, what the hell are you talking about? i can't say a word. they are to did intimidated. they know hr is watching. so they nod like monkeys as of everything he is saying is completely sane. good point, mr. secretary perry trans female should not have to pay for their own abortions. that's racist." the whole thing was a cartoon, or a novel. it went on like this all night. here for example is
5:03 pm
julian castro agreeing with elizabeth warren that it shouldn't be illegal for foreigners to break our laws. watch. >> when somebody comes across the border, not decriminalize desperation, but treat that is a civil violation. >> tucker: criminalize desperation. you thought this was your country. just because, like your ancestors, you were born here, just because you may have your income to the government to keep the whole thing going, you thought it was your country. think again, racist. america belongs to the rest of the world. your job is to shut up and pay for it. complain and will punish you. bill de blasio often makes that point, and de blasio, the single worst mayor in the 400 year history of new york city. that is impressive. but how did he wind up on a presidential debate stage last night? god knows. maybe he illegally immigrated there. doesn't matter. he was there. once he had the mic, de blasio promised to seize your money and give it to his supporters, who he explained deserve it much more than you do.
5:04 pm
>> yes, we are supposed to be for 70% tax rate on the wealthy. we are folk say there's not enough money, i say to them every single time, there's plenty of money in this world, plenty of money in this country, it's just in the wrong hands. >> got it? we've got the power. soon we'll have all the guns, and we are coming for your stuf stuff. that was a major theme of last night. in case anyone was dead, the two brightest candidates on stage decided to repeat the point and stilted spanish. >> [speaking spanish] >> [speaking spanish] >> tucker: [laughs] got that, gringo? you can add the english language of the longer i think of the democratic party considers racist. how long before you are banned from speaking at?
5:05 pm
think i'm joking, right? better want to learn as manual if you want to knock your grandkids. it's a brand-new world. some of the least impressive people in america are making the rules. if you are excited for it. at least men will be able to get free abortions. even when they weren't speaking spanish, what democrats are good it was typically an effort to one up another on immigration. who the remarks marsh radical. watch this. >> i'm still talking about everything -- >> what you are looking at one small part of us. i'm talking about in a comprehensive rewrite of our immigration laws. >> that's not true -- >> all our laws -- >> millions of folks, a lot of folks that are coming are not seeking asylum. >> tucker: wound up. fox that henry was in miami last night for the debate. he joined us this evening. we are always glad to have him. good to see you, ed. how was it? >> tucker, good to see you. amazing. round two coming up. pretty interesting, one of the juiciest parts of the story is
5:06 pm
not too long ago julian castro himself said the border crisis was b.s. that is what he told cnn. now he's trying to break out of the pack by beating up on the president, so he saying just the opposite. it is such a crisis, he said, we need to do something radical. the word used a moment ago, so radical the democrat amy klobuchar said to him in timeout. she said she will look at decriminalizing illegal crossings, but said, the real focus should be going after human traffickers who are hurting women and children and people who are "violating the law" which remember the president has had four weeks, not four years. funny because the other big democrats on stage tonight, for part two, have also flipped right kamala harris are dealing with illegal immigration was a "distraction from the real issue." bernie sanders said there was no crisis. not a good luck when apprehensions of the border are up 623% from 2017. then there's bill de blasio, you mentioned a moment ago, pushing that 70% tax rate for the rest. he knows with one run further. they raise their hands in favor of ending private health
5:07 pm
insurance altogether. for millions of people. democrat john delaney, on the stage last night, told me after, he thinks that is political suicide for his party. one of the many reasons while the real will never be used two debates, second one starting soon, may be the president of the united states. tucker? >> tucker: ed henry, thank you. be interesting what labor unions should think we spent 100 years negotiating private health insurance, what they will say a. nbc brought five separate moderators to last night's debate, almost all of them shills for the democratic party. together they spent, not surprised when, most of the time talking softball questions to the candidates, questions intended to drag out the russian collusion hysteria. here is the selection. >> we saw that image today that broke our hearts, and they had names. if you were president today, what would you specifically do? >> do you have a plan to deal with mitch mcconnell if the house chooses not to impeach? >> as president, would you do
5:08 pm
anything to address the potential crimes that were outlined in mr. mueller's report? >> no u.s. president has ever been prosecuted for crimes after leaving office. do you believe that president trump could or should be the first? >> tucker: [laughs] 's trump bad? "he's bad." lots of softballs. yet, still, no matter how easy the questions, most people seem to agree that former congressman beto o'rourke beclowned himself. after the debate, one of us anchor said that he was not being taken serious enough. >> i think it's interesting that there is a snack with the way you are treated, by the by the media, or the other democrats on stage. i wonder -- that is what it looked like to me as someone rooting for -- rooting for everybody. a big field helps all of us, certainly more fun to cover but you were singled out, you were targeted, you are attacked and i
5:09 pm
wonder what that is like. >> tucker: see you are a blushing fan girl. okay, should you admit that the public on live tv? probably not. no matter how impressed she was by beto o'rourke, he is still more impressed by himself. watch this. >> what grade would you give yourself for last night? >> i give myself an a. >> tucker: [laughs] he'd give himself an a. bring in a real teacher here. lisa boothe. lisa boothe is the one who give out the grades in our class, always happy to be here, send senior fellow at independent women's voice. would you give her my in it? >> i will give him a f. i truly would. the biggest challenge of beto o'rourke as part of the reason he was held in such high regard to the 2018 election is because it was a binary choice between him or senator cruz. you look at someone like senator cruz, he's polarizing, just like president trump or a democrats hate him vehemently.
5:10 pm
that is why he received all this adoration, all this money, and is able to break some senate fund-raising records as a result and be a real candidate in competition to senator ted cruz. but now, he is in the midst of so many other candidates and democrats have options. that is why beto o'rourke come because he's not that impressive, is getting lost in the mix with so many other candidates. >> tucker: if you are an msnbc anchor, should you really flush and fan yourself on how the candidate, you know, i love you, and kind of that your eyelids like that? is that -- it should you do that if you are a tv anchor? >> no, you shouldn't. if i was beto, i would keep going on her show as an ego boost, one that he needs right now. >> tucker: [laughs] >> clearly, he should be doing it. tucker, to your earlier point, the debate moderators last night, there were no probing questions. there were no strong follow-ups either. i think it is actually it is service to democratic voters because the whole point of these debates is to try to weed through some of these candidate
5:11 pm
candidates. for voters to try to form impressions and make an informed decision, and they can't do that if these moderators aren't actually getting it at the heart of any of these issues. at one point, savannah guthrie even gave beto, when she asked about the 70% tax rate, she said, yes, no, or pass. who gives someone an option of passing? it's either yes or no. do you support this or do you not? if you do not answer the question, i'm taking meds as a "no." i would implore anyone to go watch the first 10 minutes of the republican debate that we did in 2015, and watch the first 10 minutes of last nights debate, and tell me who actually conducted journalism. >> tucker: data such a good point. you ask a question and include in the question, a trap door that allows a politician a chance not to answer your question. >> grade on a curve. >> tucker: you're begging to be ignored.
5:12 pm
>> exactly. >> tucker: lisa boothe, great to see you tonight. >> thank you, tucker. >> tucker: dana perino always have a wiser overview of questions like this. she hosts "the daily briefing is dana perino." always happy to have her. did this change, before we get into the specifics, did this change the dynamic in any way, do you think? >> the only change that i have found in this last 24 hours is that, tucker, you are having so much fun covering this story. it's kind of great to see these debates get underway because you have -- you've got smiles, you are all the way over there in japan, having a great time covering this. no, last night, i don't think it really change anything. maybe just on the margins a little bed. i think elizabeth warren remains in the place that she is. i do think that julian castro was able to push beto o'rourke out of his lane, trying to solidify that lane. i think amy klobuchar showed that she is very much minnesota nice. she is substantive, she is
5:13 pm
smart. then i think that cory booker probably would say he had a pretty good debates. he'll probably be able to make the next debate if they ratchet it up, got to have it double the amount of donors. a couple of the other polls. other than that, i think there wasn't much they are there. >> tucker: so the press is clearly hostile to beto o'rourk beto o'rourke. i'm hardly defending him. >> well, now. >> tucker: i'm not sure -- now pray that's a thing. i'm not sure he's less impressive than anyone else on the stage. or most on the stage. have they turned on him, do you? >> why was he popular when he ws running against senator ted cruz indexes? he raised 80 millions dollars. he does have some charisma. he does have the ability to talk to people, people from all of the country to donate money to him, and he really want to believe that texas monday will turn blue and they thought he was the answer to that. everything was all eyes on beto o'rourke.
5:14 pm
he almost took down ted cruz. that was enough to land him something that greg gutfeld had earlier was the kiss of death. that was the cover of "vanity fair" ." all the other people that want to run for president thought, oh, how dare you suggest that you are the one born to do this. he's already said that that was not a good line for him to say, that he didn't mean it the way it came across. i think what happens is, you learn this before you are five years old, when you get too big for your britches, then your pants kind of fall down. >> tucker: totally true. stay humble. it's happened to me. dana perino, who will join us tomorrow, to recap tonight's debate. >> that's going to be a good one. >> tucker: see you later, dana dana. the two sanest people on stage last night are the ones of the lowest approval numbers for democrats, john delaney and tulsi gabbard. particular details he covered preset things that republican's might learn from on the questions of foreign policy. she'll join us after the break. stay tuned. broadcasting live from kyoto, japan, parade had come by the
5:15 pm
way, as we said ahead of our g20 summit interview, we got a little lost yesterday. we'll take you on the journey. here is all started. ♪ >> tucker: this is my producer, justin. i do the things he suggests i do. he's the one in my ear during "final exam." he is the bengali behind the program. he texted me an hour ago, we'll take a boat. it'll be great, don't worry. that is how we wound up here. no idea where we are, where we are going, why, or when. beautiful, though. ♪ man: i've been diagnosed with
5:16 pm
age-related macular degeneration, which could lead to vision loss. so today i made a plan with my doctor, which includes preservision. because it's my vision, my love of the game, my open road, my little artist. vo: only preservision areds 2 contains the exact nutrient formula recommended by the national eye institute to help reduce the risk of moderate to advanced amd progression. man: because it's my sunset, it's how i see my life. it's my vision. preservision.
5:17 pm
5:18 pm
5:19 pm
hey! i live on my own now! i've got xfinity, because i like to live life in the fast lane. unlike my parents. you rambling about xfinity again? you're so cute when you get excited... anyways... i've got their app right here, i can troubleshoot. i can schedule a time for them to call me back, it's great! you have our number programmed in? ya i don't even know your phone anymore... excuse me?! what? i don't know your phone number. aw well. he doesn't know our phone number! you have our fax number, obviously... today's xfinity service. simple. easy. awesome. i'll pass.
5:20 pm
>> my issue unfortunately, and do not shoot the messenger, is the messenger. i do not believe elizabeth warren on stage with donald trump beats him. i still in my heart of hearts don't see anybody on that stage tonight that would beat trump. >> tucker: that was msnbc host donald deutsch. no genius, ask anyone who knows them. but even deutsch's right. enough to ask the obvious question. of the 2020 democrat is running on socialism and transgender abortion, however any of these people going to be donald trump in the november election? seems like a party obvious question. to assess it, we are drawing tonight by our old friend richard goodson, a lawyer, former advisor to bill and hillary clinton. richard, i got to ask you about the julian castro moment which kind of crystallized everything about late stage liberalism to me. the candidate comes out on stage, nine other candidates, five moderators, full crowd of people live and says that we need to pay for abortions for
5:21 pm
men who get pregnant. nobody says, hey, julian, men can't get pregnant. because you are not allowed to say that men can't get pregnant as a democrat in 2019. it is not a problem, do you think? >> when you have them on your show, you can ask him what he had in mind. i honestly don't profess to know. >> tucker: it's not him, it's not him. he's not -- whatever. he doesn't know what he saying. he got his talking points confused. i'm talking about everyone else in the room. everybody else in the room, the candidates, wait a second, men can't get pregnant. as you well know, you are not allowed say that. so what you make of a party that prevents you from saying that men can't get pregnant? >> i understand why you want to emphasize something seemingly batty like that. >> tucker: [laughs] i'm serious. >> the emphasis in 2018 about caravans. what the public saw was these little kids in these cells and still -- my point is, i think people want to focus on what matters and what doesn't. you have to ask yourself, why
5:22 pm
are all these democrats running ahead of donald trump and these polls and states that trump won? so of the economy is doing pretty well. yes, three separate promises, no wall that mexico paid for, has not released obamacare, has not had trade deals but deals but notwithstanding that company economy is doing pretty well and he's losing. why? it's not -- you can talk as much as you want about these crazy transgender abortions, but that is not what is going to get the swing voters, the suburban women, who were with trump in '16 and who abandon him in droves in '18, coming back. >> tucker: okay. you are talking about had 200s, which, you know, is a longtime veteran of campaigns, don't mean anything. they do suggest there are weaknesses of the trump campaign. no one would deny that. i'm not denying that. i don't work for them. i'll be honest about it. it doesn't mean that any of these individual candidates can beat trump. in the end, it will be one against one. if you are the candidate who can't say that men are different from women, or that foreigners
5:23 pm
shouldn't be allowed to break american law, then how can you beat trump if you can't tell obvious truths? >> again, i think most democratic voters actually are moderate, according to the exit polls, from 2018. more moderate than they are south of liberals. i think we'll see you tonight some evidence of that. >> tucker: that's the point i'm making actually. >> i suspect a michael bennet, for example, to take on bernie sanders and say, bernie, this party is not a socialist. we don't agree with medicare for all. we don't agree with. this entry that. i think there is going to be a certain resonance to that. we'll see. i just think last night was a bit -- >> tucker: i hope you are right. i hope you are right. by the way, we are seeing the president of the united states is in osaka, japan, about 25 miles from where we are right now meeting with -- right in the center of the shot, the japanese leader, abe.
5:24 pm
of course we'll be down there tomorrow. >> is that modi from india? >> tucker: i think that's exactly who that is. i don't have my glasses on. i believe you are right. thank you, richard goodstein. >> my pleasure. >> tucker: getting confirmation that it is in fact the prime minister of india, mr. modi. richard goodstein, good to see a bright presidential candidate tulsi gabbard was the most are democratic candidate online last night. one of a couple online polls. most of the press does not like to cover tulsi gabbard for some reason but we do. she's joining us after the break. but first, another excerpt from our journey across japan yesterday. >> tucker: somehow we've wound up on a bus. not clear where we are, where we are growing, why we are here. i'm embarrassed to be speaking on camera on the bus. but i've been pushed to do this by my producers just in case something happens and we don't come back. ♪
5:25 pm
my experience with usaa
5:26 pm
has been excellent. they really appreciate the military family and it really shows. with all that usaa offers why go with anybody else? we know their rates are good, we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today.
5:27 pm
5:28 pm
i felt completely helpless. trashed online. ♪ my entire career and business were in jeopardy. i called reputation defender. they were able to restore my good name. if you are under attack, i recommend calling reputation defender. vo: there's more negativity online than ever. reputation defender ensures that when people check you out, they'll find more of the truth, not trash. if you have search results that are wrong or unfair, visit reputationdefender.com or call 1-877-866-8555.
5:29 pm
♪ >> tucker: welcome back, from kyoto, japan, the old imperial capital for more than 1,000 years, and an awfully awfully pretty place. final preparations are underway, about 25 miles from here in osaka for tomorrow's g20 summit of world leaders. the president will be -- we'll be interviewing him. back in america, though, the 2020 election will be the first election in which children born after 9/11 will be able to vote, which is bewildering to those of us who went through it for you during last nights debate, congressman tim ryan of ohio said its america's duty to keep fighting in afghanistan for some reason. 18 years after we toppled the taliban. that turned out to be a mistake by tulsi gabbard, the only veteran on the stage, corrected him. watch this. >> you will tell the parents of those two soldiers who were just killed in afghanistan, we just
5:30 pm
have to be engaged. as a soldier, i will tell you, that answer is unacceptable. we have to bring our troops home from afghanistan. we are in a place in afghanistan where we have lost so many lives. we've spent so much money, money that is coming out of every one of our pockets, money that should be going into communities here at home, meeting the needs of the people here at home. we are no better off in afghanistan today then we were in this war began. >> tucker: all obvious points. none of which you are allowed to say out loud in washington. now they make congresswoman tulsi gabbard seem like basically and untouchable. she is not allowed to get the kind of coverage that the rest of the democratic party democrs good for the viewers loved it. it at the debate, gabbard's was the most search name online. tulsi gabbard of hawaii jointed tonight. aloha, congresswoman nunes wow gabbard. >> a lo haw
5:31 pm
, tucker. >> tucker: i'm sure you don't want to play the victim but despite the fact that you won a number of online polls, you had the most google searches, your name, you got some of the fewest minutes to speak of any of the ten candidates on stage. you were the only one who was essentially attacked personally by the moderators. why do you think that was? >> look, it shows that there is a clear bias in place. i made the most of every minute that i had, which i had the opportunity to have more time to address these important issues. but i just want to point out something from that clip that you played that i think is really important, where we hear a lot of politicians say the same argument that, well, we've got to stay engaged in the world, otherwise we'll be isolationist as though the only way the united states can engage with other countries is by blowing them up or strangling them with economic sanctions, by smashing them and trying to overthrow their governments.
5:32 pm
this is exactly what is wrong with this whole premise and the whole view with which too many politicians, too many leaders in this country, are viewing the united states' role in the world. how about the united states be a leader in the world, work out differences and build relationships with negotiations and diplomacy and finding common interests and seeing how we can work together, so we can stop sending our men and women in uniform into harm's way, serving in missions that do not serve the interest of the american people, that make our country less safe and actually end up causing more harm and more damage to the people in the countries where we wage these wasteful regime change wars. that is a kind of change leadership i am hoping to bring as president. >> tucker: you just mentioned sanctions. you are not questioning the ironclad bipartisan consensus in washington that sanctions against iran are morally righteous and can never be withdrawn, are you?
5:33 pm
>> i am, absolutely. i think this is one of the things that is leading us closer and closer to a war with iran, a war that will be far more devastating than anything that we saw in the war in iraq. a surge in iraq in 2005 for the medical unit. this was the height of the iraq war. there were lots of american casualties almost every day and i was confronted with that high, terrible human cost of war, a war with iran would make that that war with iraq look like a picnic. escalating this card, crippling sanctions, withdrawing from the iran nuclear deal, designating around smear military as a terrorist organization, something unprecedented, and continue to deploy more and more u.s. troops. the neocons of a trump administration and saudi arabia and netanyahu have created the situation where it is going to be very difficult
5:34 pm
for president trump to avoid a war with iran. they have built all the building blocks, placed the dynamite, and let the fuse. it is going to be up for donald trump and his leadership, whether or not he is going to cut that views and say, hey, we need to get back on track and fr the interest of the american pey first. avoid a war with iran, . >> tucker: this is why the neocons hate you more than anybody. [laughs] more than anybody. they are writing pieces about you right now. congress oh my tulsi gabbard -- >> as he pointed out, really quick, this is an issue that conservative republican, democrat, progressive, this is an issue that transcends party lines. i think that is where the leadership i bring brings the opportunity to unify the country to make this kind of change that is important to every single american in this country. >> tucker: that's exactly right. there's nothing partisan in the slightest about this at all. that is why it is such -- so nice to hear someone say that
5:35 pm
out loud. congresswoman, thank you very much. >> thanks, tucker. >> tucker: at least one candidate than democratic race, eric swalwell of california, authorities illicitly endorsed gun confiscation, coming to your house, taking your guns away. you already know what that means, any year or so, everyone on the other side will be supporting it. if you support it, you'll be a racist. chuck todd gave elizabeth warren and cory booker, both sitting u.s. senators come a chance to see if they were against compensating guns. instead, both of them evaded the question. victor davis hanson was watching last night, a senior fellow at the hoover institution. he joins us tonight. professor, thanks for coming on. i don't think anybody believes that gun confiscation, which clearly a lot of these people are poor, would make the country safer. so it is not made other country safer. what is the point of that? i wonder, why were they supported? >> it is kind of strange when a professor of law can't say we don't have a right to go into a person's home and confiscate illegal weapons.
5:36 pm
she couldn't answer, no, absolutely committed to that. what is going on a side, tucker, from the fact that no democratic primary candidate with few exceptions want anyone to be the left of them. they are all moving left. ongoing situation, i think we always in this country fixate in the misdemeanor we think we can control because we have no idea how to deal with the other potential felonies. if we have 11 or 12,000 deaths by homicide, with the use of firearms, the vast majority are handguns. they are usually stolen or they are sold illegally, and most of it, to be quite frank, are any state or youth, the majority of them. african-american. we don't have any idea how to approach. then we say, ar-15, or we will get automatic, semiautomatic -- there is no automatic legal weapon, not many of them even illegal. we'll go after semiautomatic so-called assault weapons. over the last 20 years, tucker, only 300 people have died from
5:37 pm
them, and a country of 330 million. it's almost like saying, let's go into people's homes and confiscate iphones because 5,000 people every year die why people text on a mobile phone. we would not consider that. we are going to shut on the country and destroy the second amendment to go apparently after -- to stop 300 people being killed by a rifle. it doesn't make any sense. it is part of this inability to deal with the reality, so we have to pursue the plan is eight to get a sense we are doing something. that and the fact in this primary, no one is going to be to the right of anybody. they are always going to be the left of the rebel candidate. >> tucker: at almost seems like they are trying to punish d control large portions of the population. >> yeah, they operate >> tucker: at some point they will stop attending and just say that out loud what they? >> yeah, i think what gave her a to donald trump was that a lot of people said, i just want to be left alone.
5:38 pm
if all of the constitution, i'm law-abiding, and it's not my problem that you can't address these problems of people who are breaking the law and killing people, and you know why are they are doing it, you know where they are doing it, but in the absence of a solution, you turn to me because it is good publicity. her nose warren said, we need more data, we need more research, we have too much too much research. we know exactly the problem but we don't have the wherewithal and wisdom -- >> tucker: [laughs] but we lie about it. >> we lie about it data, we live in -- >> tucker: i dare you to read the data, good luck. professor, great to see you, tonight. >> thank you. >> tucker: we've been in japan for the better part of the week. we've taken planes and trains and automobiles on the way to interviewing the president. but we did not stop there. the journey continued throughout the hour. watch. >> this is the third part of the saga. it began on a train, transferred to a bus, and now we find
5:39 pm
ourselves on a boat on a river with three behind me. growing into headwinds. a monsoon is coming in, they were just talking about a second to go. they are basically trying to move downriver in the face of wins that haven't stopped. in a second, apparently, we are about to shoot some kind of impressive rapids. it's a whitewater country, it is here. ♪
5:40 pm
5:41 pm
5:42 pm
5:43 pm
♪ >> tucker: even a trip across the ocean to japan to meet the
5:44 pm
president of the united states does not stop the juggernaut that is "final exam." in preparation for our trip before we left the u.s., we recorded this special edition of the segment pray to cover the president's past foreign trips. here is how we want to. ♪ time offer "final exam" will become the hallways at fox were the smartest people come up with them against one another to determine who has been paying the causes attention to the news this week. "watters world" hosts jesse watters come once again our defending champion. his challenger, his fox foreign correspondent benjamin hall. special topic this time. amanda normally is covering wars. tonight, as on a game show. the theme for tonight's final exam, president trump's many foreign trips abroad. are you guys ready for this? >> we are ready, let's go. >> tucker: all right. here are the rules. i know you are familiar but just to wrap you up, hands on browsers. i asked the questions. first one to buzz and gets to
5:45 pm
answer the question. you must wait critically until i finish asking the question before you answer it. you can answer once acknowledged by saying your name. every correct answer is with a single point. get one wrong i do lose a point. best-of-five wins. >> got it. >> i'm ready. >> tucker: you guys ready? >> yep. >> tucker: all right. question one. during his last trip to japan, president trump began the first american president to attend what kind of sporting event? >> sumo wrestling! >> tucker: sumo wrestling? was it sumo wrestling? to the tape we go. >> pretty good. >> [cheers and applause] >> tucker: sumo wrestling. i assume that's what that was. 1-0. good job, jesse watters. question two. this is a multiple-choice question so you have to wait
5:46 pm
until all the options are present before you answer. during a trip to saudi arabia and 2017, trump middle eastern leaders huddled around an object and placed her hands upon it as a symbol of unity. if what was the object they place their hands on? was it a: -- a multiple-choice question -- >> first time -- >> tucker: we are going to go to jesse after we read these answers. is it a: a glowing orb. b: a wooden falcon. or c: an ancient scroll? jesse watters? >> we are going to go with, a glowing orb. >> tucker: glowing orb. was it a glowing orb? >> social media jumping all over this image in a pretty funny wa way. the leaders in the president surrounding the glowing orb with their hands on it. ♪
5:47 pm
>> additional content to pass it onto specialized departments departments. >> tucker: all right, so for a bonus question, what is a glowing orb? >> [laughs] you got me! [laughter] >> no idea. >> tucker: good, that's an unanswerable question. if the sound of one hand clapping. there's really no way that's an answer. this is a real question, question three. during a trip to asia and 2017, president trump was serenaded ba world leader. which asian president saying him a love song which included the lyrics "you are the light in my world"? >> i'm going to guess anyway. >> tucker: all right. >> okay... i should not have guessed. [laughs] i was going to say the chinese president, but now i think it might be the north korean dictator. final answer -- >> tucker: okay. do you want to answer? would you like to attach a name to your gas? >> it's either xi or un.
5:48 pm
i'm going to go was go xi. >> tucker: xi? xi. the chinese premier. was it xi? >> xi. ♪ >> rodrigo duterte a saying a love song by the famous props are saying that he wanted to do it for president trump. >> the commander in chief of the united states. >> i got cocky. i should not have risk it. >> tucker: ouch. the chinese had too much to lose. that was the president of the philippines, a pretty good singer come right away. question four. president trump was embroiled in a fake controversy during his visit with japanese prime minister shinzo abe a couple of years back. the media attacked trump for dumping a whole box of food into what kind of animal enclosure? >> that would be a koi pond.
5:49 pm
>> tucker: josie again. >> a koi pond. >> tucker: a koi pond? don't be koi with me, jessie. >> with a k. >> three bowls of fish food before emptying the entire box. >> tucker: how do you know -- before we get to our -- how do you know all this? >> i do that because he had ended simply added that video and that was one of those fake news items that we like to talk about. >> tucker: ah, good memory. final question is a two pointer. a multiple-choice as well. wait until all the options come in. this is about the president's first historic meeting with the north korean dictator kim jong un. kim traveled to singapore, the summer there was a very unusual item, an item he refused to be without. was it a: -- we did not say it was multiple-choice -- >> nobody said it was. >> tucker: we said it was.
5:50 pm
multiple-choice. was it c, a pet peacock? >> i don't really have to answer this because he buzzed early. but i will. we are going to go with a portable toilet, tucker, b. >> tucker: i think it was a pet peacock prayed for the tape will reveal the truth. what was it? >> north korean leader kim jong un brought his own toilet to singapore for her so much with president trump. to present intelligence agencies from using the sewer to get information on his health. the intelligence agencies were just going to go ahead and guess bad then? >> pretty good [laughter] >> tucker: disgusting. good memory. jesse wins. benjamin hall, it is great to have you back. >> good match. [laughter] >> how are you feeling? >> tucker: jesse watters, we sent you enough mugs.
5:51 pm
now we are sending you show golf balls. pct golf balls, which i don't know if you are a golfer, but they look pretty good. they are certainly weird. you can get them on tuckercarlson capsoff.com if you want them. we will send them to you right after the show. >> all right, congratulations. >> tucker: we'll be right back from kyoto, japan. we spent most of yesterday in an extended odyssey of travel. we only made a factor this location but it wasn't easy. >> tucker: all right, so we lost a man, unfortunately. i was pressed into service. but the rest of us made it. what we thought was a three hour tour turned into a daylong odyssey. all i can say is we learned a lot, we are a little wiser, a little harder, and a lot more japanese. ♪ just one free hearing test at
5:52 pm
his local miracle ear helped andrew hear more of the joy in her voice. just one hearing test is all it took for him to hear more of her laugh... and less of the background noise around him. for helen, just one visit to her local miracle-ear is all it took to learn how she can share more moments with her daughter. just one free hearing test could help you hear more... laughter...music...life... call now for your free hearing test from an industry leader: miracle-ear.
5:53 pm
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
5:56 pm
>> >> tucker: thank you! we made it. just kidding about losing a man. they're all there. we started with four, we ended with four. we are all here. train, bus, boat, and we are back where we started, camera position on our hotel on this river, one of the most stunning places i've ever been in my whole life. absolutely beautiful. makes you rethink what you thought you knew about japan. fantastic. >> tucker: as you can see, we made it back alive and happy, to the remarkable hotel here in kyoto. we will be speaking to the president very soon on osaka with the president. that will air on monday. earlier we show you joaquin castro, who was an actual cabinet secretary to barack obama, we checked. his bazaar came to mclean last night that taxpayers would flip
5:57 pm
the bill for biological man to . >> i don't even believe in reproductive freedom, i believe in reproductive justice, and that means that just because a woman -- and let's also not forget, someone in the transit community, a trans female -- is poor, doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to exercise that right to choose. >> tucker: that was julian castro, and that was bizarre. with the other democrats were saying was just as weird. abortion should be widespread, at any point in presidency, paid for by the government and available to people who can't get pregnant. host of "get tammy bruce" on fox nation which is reason enough to subscribe, it is that good. tammy, what you make it? it seems like you can be pro-choice, you can before
5:58 pm
roe v. wade i guess and still think it's weird to see a presidential candidate guaranteeing men the right to taxpayer-funded abortion? what is that? >> it was a night full of pandering and that in and of itself is insulting. whether it was speaking spanish dance it's not the language used, it's what you're saying. it's the pandering. it's the presumption that their own base is a shallow and won't notice. this is the problem and that the pandering matters because you don't need to talk about the details of the issue, and this is one of the many reasons why president trump will win again in 2020, there are a whole host of democrats have but this is an example of it. he got the terminology wrong but the fact is, that is not even an issue. if you were born a woman and you identify as a man, and you have not had the surgery, you have not gone through the full transgender surgery, you could still get pregnant and you could go somewhere and have an
5:59 pm
abortion. nobody is going to ask you or care how you identify if you are in that medical dynamic. but the other problem is -- >> tucker: that is a good point. to speak of the political correctness of it. in england, this has been reported by "the sun," the public health england has put out a public pamphlet that says individuals will only be alerted to tests they should take on how they identify. in other words, if you are a man and you identify as a woman, you will be sent reminders for your pap smear and your cervical tests, which you don't have, of course, a uterus. but if you are a woman and identify as men, you will not be sent any longer reminders for your mammogram or your pap smear because that would be, you know, insulting. so we are in a weird place, very weird place that could cost people their lives. >> tucker: yeah, late stage decadence, that is what it is. of the great tammy bruce, great to see you. >> thank you. >> tucker: thank you for
6:00 pm
standing by every night in new york as we broadcast as the satellite goes down. that's it for us tonight, we will be back tomorrow night and every night, the show that is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and groupthink regardless of the continent we are broadcasting from. we will be back. >> sean: welcome to "hannity," we begin with a fox news alert, one person is emerging as the clear winner from this week's democratic debates, that would be president trump. the radical radical socialist on stage it did not deliver, no one was impressed with anyone. the president called the debate "boring," bill maher tweeted "not a promising start." even the congresswoman, the real leader of the house of representatives, alexandria ocasio-cortez and chiming in, comparing it to a high school classroom filled with kids who didn't do their homework, didn't read the book. in a moment we will break down all the radical positions. you get to hear it yourself, ill-informed

44 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on