Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  August 2, 2019 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
>> john: no. >> caught in a coffee cup. >> john: they locked him in the bathroom. thank you all. that's the "story" on friday august 2nd, i will see you tomorrow night 6 p.m.
5:01 pm
>> tucker: he committed a crime. he was responsible for being unauthorized disclosure of unclassified information. yet according to commie, this was legal because it wasn't leaking. it was quote, communicated. >> but you did leak memos, i
5:02 pm
mean, is it okay for somebody at the fbi to leak something, an internal document, even if it's not classified? >> >> i don't leak memos. i asked her friends communicate the substance of one unclassified -- >> can i finish my answer. one classified memo to the media. >> i asked a friend to communicate the content of the memo. >> as it turns out, the fbi has determined that commies leaked memos did in fact contained classified information. call me failed to redact that. >> this was the head of the fbi. this is a guy who knew what the rules were and ignore them. he committed a crime. >> call me admits that he committed a crime, , and tidily for complete for political reasons. >> he was able to find leakers and mail it to the doors of message. i said that he had >> shouldn't you be annealed to the door the? aren't you a leaguer?
5:03 pm
>> plenty of people leak information to an nonclassified report is in the white house gets upset about appeared >> the fbi gets upset when people make unauthorized disclosures of protected information. i intentionally gave this information to a friend. i wanted it to get out into the media. >> i wanted it to get out in the media. a memo with classified material in it. what you just saw is a confession. comey admitted everything on camera. if you are prosecuting this case, it would be open and shut but it won't be prosecuted. apparently comey will never be tried for the crimes he committed. according to the hills john solomon, the doj has decided not to prosecute james comey on the grounds that punishing him for breaking the law would seem, cold, petty and vindictive. of course, petty and vindictive describes the culture of the fbi under jim comey. patty and petty and vindictive is the regent reason roger stone
5:04 pm
has been treated more harshly than jeffrey epstein ever was. petty and vindictive sums up the entire russia investigation. and the effort to destroy donald trump's entire life. he abused the public's trust peered in 2016, he repeatedly injected himself into the political arena and by his own admission, he considered the political effect of his actions when he did so. his subordinates meanwhile, pete molly peter strzok and lisa page, low some people, repeatedly conspired to use fbi resources to sabotage the presidential campaign didn't like. then in 2017, there was a climax peered according to reports, call me lights of the press and his boss telling him he was not under investigation. in fact, comey wasn't maneuvering to begin an investigation. then with the leaks that he just admitted to on camera you saw, comey launched the rush holt
5:05 pm
investigation. there never was. it was never justified. it was always just a hillary campaign talk implant. an excuse for her to humiliate an election. everyone knew that. but instead of her hate behaving responsibly, he indulged the same conspiracy theory that has pushed for two years. rescuing jim comey for his crimes that he admitted she would not be petty or vindictive, just the opposite, it might reassure the rest of us that justice is in fact blind in this country peered where using faith in. >> devin nunes represents the state of california. he is on the house intelligence committee. he joins us tonight. why wouldn't the doj prosecute jim comey for a crime that he has admitted to committing? >> i agree with everything in your opening statement. i think every american should watch what you decide. i want to actually make sure though that you understand what
5:06 pm
john solomon put reported on here. i think it may be got taken a little bit out of context. the ig's who reportedly according to solomon sources made a right recommendation, okay? just because the doj is not going to act under that recommendation does not mean that he's not going to be further looked at so remember, the u.s. attorney in connecticut now is taking all of this information in. so he's taking in our criminal referrals, for example. so look, i haven't disclosed who you have referred criminally but one could guess it's highly likely that we would use people that i have leaked classified information. so they are not going to act on any of our referrals for those have all been given to the u.s. attorney in connecticut. my guess is the same holds true for the ig. everything should be given to the attorney in connecticut. so if i was james comey, i wouldn't be walking in the cornfields of iowa running for president. >> tucker: so it is common, and it sounds a combine or detail but i don't get is, if comey is in fact indicted for
5:07 pm
that crime that he committed and admitted to committing, if that happens, will his house be rated by, say, 30 armed federal agents? and the conclusion of cnn? >> well, i would guess probably not because i believe u.s. attorney john durham is actually a man who does the blind leading that doesn't pardon partisan at all and unlike what you saw with of the mueller dossier team which we now know he wasn't even charged with that investigation paired so i don't believe you will see that but i do believe that james comey will be held accountable and there is one other point that is important to make, the ig also has important powers. the ig does not have the power, though, to investigate or compel people to be interviewed that don't work with the department of justice or in the government.
5:08 pm
so, i have always been hesitant to, although i appreciate with the ig is doing, they are limite w looking at this. so there are a lot more people to need to be interviewed, even in our investigation peered we would love to have a law enforcement arm that we could go out and conduct more interviews. but, the fbi and the u.s. attorney in connecticut, they have, they are building their team. they have a lot of people out. a lot of people are interviewed because we want to make sure is that it's not just james comey that gets looked at but this whole fiasco that is a part. you just touch on it a little bit in her opening. the worst that's been done, the leaking is really bad and it was wrong but it was done to incite a special counsel an employee a
5:09 pm
million americans. but the worst i would argue of all of this, the spying on a political campaign began in the first place, long before they told congress it began so this began in early 2016 and it was done in conjunction with the hillary clinton campaign. it doesn't get worse than that. >> tucker: yes. by the obama administration. who are still venerating like dogs for some reason. congressman, thank you very much. good to see you. thanks. well, rusher and robert mueller were the story of the century on cable news. certainly, they were the reason cnn existed for more than two years. then, robert mueller testified before congress and suddenly the story one way and it was invisible. for instance, two nights of democratic debates, and russia and muller were basically on dimensions. after the scandal go away? recent author of the book panic attack and radicals in the age of trump and answer these questions like this one. robbie, why did this story, the hacking of our democracy, we are
5:10 pm
at war, i think you will remember, how did this story evaporate into nothing? >> right? it was the story of the century. i mean, if they had spent as much time talking about mueller and russia collusion during the debate as they have spent night after night on some of the other networks, they would've spent the entire debate on this subject and never touched a seconds of policy. i think, you know, i don't think the candidates want to talk about the mueller stephanie mark reed i think they know that the kind of voters they have to attract are interested in what policies are you going to support that are going to make our lives better. there was always this kind of fiction that was being pushed by some many in the media that the way we get rid of trump and we don't like is the mueller investigation, exclusion, springing up these things. there's no other way to give it of him. and actually, we are going to have an election in a year and a half. you could defeat donald trump if
5:11 pm
you were more invested in sort of the normal political process for replacing the president if you don't like them. >> but its lazy democracy. >> right. they always say they do. they always say they are about democracy but this was an extrajudicial means of dealing with the president that they don't like. i mean, it was day after day. every new development, these other journalists to promising their viewers to stay through to the next commercial break. if you stick with us, it's coming next. the development that will be the end of the trump administration. it was like reminiscent of, you know, puritan who are always promising the end of the world. and that it doesn't happen. and it's like oh, we read the passages wrong and is actually next week and they get excited for it again. that's what it was like for so long. >> tucker: but those sucks have been thoroughly discredited. we have laughed at them as you just did but the people who push this hoax on us, who called, for
5:12 pm
example, me, a trader and a tool of prudent and really used language that was totally was totally over-the-top and unsupported by fact and really wrong in my opinion, not one of those person has apologized here and why question mike >> it's still going on to some extent. i saw after the debate, the next morning, i'm seeing people, journalist, some of them promising like tulsi gabbard going after kamala harris had something to do with russia and it was trendy because russian people were treating about it. like no, it's just too candidates having a really interesting debate about harris' record on criminal justice issues that should be criticized. it's not everything you like and don't disagree with is some grand conspiracy which is what these other networks have rattled for forever. and i wish they would admit that this has gone way too far and it would be great to talk about policy again. i have some policy differences with the trump administration.
5:13 pm
i would love to see them talked about. it's just been nothing but this for years. >> tucker: yeah. hasn't hurt helped anyone. it's hurt the country. great to see you. the gun i democratic debate on wednesday night, it tulsi gabbard god into it with kamala harris. harris is now presenting to be a crusader for prison reform, justice reform, but as devon pointed out, for six years harris was the ag and she sent a bunch of people to jail for relatively mild crimes. many people saw that exchange of some of them actually might want to find out more about what kamala harris did as the attorney general of california. but as of right now, california has making that information very hard to find. noisier, the department of corrections in california releases a report on newly incarcerated people in the state. the reports provide information on offenses, sentences, demographics, and a lot more, it's very important information.
5:14 pm
but until recently, anybody could read these reports online. that's called transparency because it's our government, right? supposedly? not anymore. the christians apartment just redesigned website and now, all reports prior to this year, immediately those covering kamala harris' six years as attorney general has been removed. they are no longer publicly accessible. theoretically, you can still get those reports if you email the right person and they feel like responding. but the information is far harder to get. and of course, that's the entire point. in california, they know that an ignorant public is much more easy to control. the entire democratic field seems like they want to be president of anywhere but america. is disliking the country want to run a good way to get elected? the news about, next. at ♪
5:15 pm
5:16 pm
5:17 pm
5:18 pm
5:19 pm
>> tucker: welcomed the two nights inside the special issue special. bill de blasio is running for president. he has no chance of getting in the white house but his campaign is still having an effect. it solidifying his position as the single worst mayor in the 400 year history of new york city. he stands apart but a lot of mad bad mayors, bill de blasio is and is in his own category. on thursday, was you and staff went to an airport following the residential debate in detroit. de blasio and his guards were
5:20 pm
traveling with him and force the rest of the flight to wait in their seats for 10 minutes so that he could board the plane first. why? well, he would have plenty of emergencies that might justify that, for example, 900 classrooms in new york city have just tested positive for lead. the city has tens of thousands of people living on the streets. the middle-class' flame. new york's population is actually in decline for the first time in decades. so de blasio has a lot to worry about. there are emergencies he could be dealing with fear but of course, yesterday, he wasn't dealing with any of them. no, he had a different kind of emergency. de blasio was racing off to appear on a taping of the view. possibly the dumbest show on television. in fact, not possibly, the single dumbest show on television. and that's what everyone else had to wait for de blasio to get to the view. his campaign can't end soon enough. his time as mayor can't end soon enough.
5:21 pm
well, joe biden is running for president as well. he is currently meeting the poles of the democratic side but that doesn't tell you much fear there isn't in fact, a single politician called joe biden in america. there are really two joe biden's and they have radically different views red one has been along for around a long time, we will call him old joe biden, and new joe biden. sonu joe biden is the one running for president right now and that's too bad because all joe biden had something going for him to it all joe biden, for example, believe that executing terrorists and mass murderers is probably not a bad idea. new joe biden has a different view. >> i support the death penalty. the biden crime bill, the only reason why, if mcveigh is convicted in oklahoma, he gets put to death. the biden granted i wrote a lot. >> by the way, congratulations,
5:22 pm
jill, ending the death penalty. >> all joe biden cared about protecting america and a lot of different ways, including from dangerous drugs and the people who sold them. drugs kill a lot of people in this country. new joe biden doesn't care at all, even though america is now in the worst drug academic it has ever seen. >> drug users and traffickers should be how the countable for their crimes. we can send federal and state drug offenders serving short sentences for relatively minor drug offensive to boot camp. regional programs. it at former military bases where young adults will serve their time unr military style discipline. speak of the rational way to go about is making sure you're not putting people in jail who lived in fact not committed violent crimes. you should put them in work programs. you should put them in positions where they are on probation, et cetera. >> tucker: old joe biden was liberal. he is not conservative or anything, then he was for legal abortion. most of the time. but he was moderate in some
5:23 pm
ways. he opposed taxpayer funding for abortion because he recognized that for some people, it's repugnant new joe biden though is not moderate in any sense. he's a radical. he wants taxpayers to cover abortion. all the of the moment of birth. >> i have been voted in 1977 and again in 1981 to end federal funding for abortion for victims of rate and. in 1994, he won't do it constituent, quote, the government should not tell those with strong convictions against abortion searches you and i that we must pay for them. he supported the hyde amendment since its passage in 1976. last night, he changed his tune. >> if i believe health care is a right come as i do, and no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone's victory. >> new joe biden is better than old joe biden in one way. probably only just one way appeared old joe biden didn't care about china and in fact, there is some evidence joe biden tried to get rich from china. his relatives did.
5:24 pm
new joe biden at least pretends that he worries a little bit about china. sometimes. >> china is going to eat our lunch? come on, man here they are not bad folks. but guess what? they are competition for us. >> will trump is tweeting chinas making vast investments in new technologies. you but i'm worried about china. first, let's invest in america. >> tucker: so good for a new joe biden for recognizing that china's rhetoric doesn't deserve awards but in other ways, and the new joe biden is far inferior to the old joe biden. all joe biden wanted to secure the border and protect american workers. he actually cared about people who live here. new joe biden wants legal health care for illegal aliens. all joe biden voted to pass the firearm owners protective act. all joe biden supported due process for men accused of crimes, new joe biden says that america's english common law
5:25 pm
system is racist. it's too bad old joe biden isn't the one running for president instead of a new joe biden. he'd probably be a pretty decent president, actually. so, the new joe biden probably not going to wind up in the white house. but if the other democratic candidates, are they any better? based on the baits we saw this week, the answer is no. the field can appears to be trapped in an alternate reality where they want to give all their wealth to the poor while giving lectures about how they are racist and evil. actual american electorate is less excited about the ideas. if nothing changes, the democratic party will lose once again. robert castille is a good attorney, he joins us tonight. mr. castille, thanks for joining us tonight. so, two days in debates and this is a generalization, i think there are a couple of sane candidates, tulsi gabbard, for example, john delaney. tim ryan. but the front runners, pretty
5:26 pm
focused on ican people. america is a racist country that owes a lot to the rest of the >> let's understand where there's only one front runner in the race which is joe biden. everyone else trails and by double digits. they try to greatest create this argument. you could combine the numbers of virgie and warren together and they still trailed biden. by the way, let's look at the thursday debate. you have bernie and warren in the middle. >> tucker: way, man stop you right there? okay. that's true but we are pretty early. i mean, just bush was leading the rest of the pack by that kind of margin four years ago. do you really think that joe biden, having watched him carefully into debates, and is capable of sustaining a winning presidential campaign between now and the november?
5:27 pm
>> welcome i think he has to stick to his guns. he asked to be the old joe biden. he has to be the joe biden that has served the american people for the last two years. let's understand that when you have a feel this big, it's hard to get your message across in a couple of sound bites. it at the sign in time, you are agreeing with some lady that is sold magical crystals and you have bill de blasio on the other side was the equivalent to a hobo on a train. so, you have to compete with that. as the field starts to string down -- >> okay, so don't put biden nearer to winning democrats because he looks back? >> no, put him next to to actual democrats. don't sell him next to to socialist. some guy who wants to give everyone a thousand dollars a month. some lady selling crystals. let him and come all actually hammer things out as to what is actually they are going to do. how their plans were, how they are funny, instead of having
5:28 pm
these broad issues that don't face and teach the american people anything. then we will get to see the real joe biden. but as long as he is constrained to ten and 22nd sound bites, which are made to go viral on cable news, then yeah, we are not going to see the real joe biden until he is able to break out of that tax. >> tucker: okay. well, he has been around for it, as you say, 40 years, 50 years, i think we would have seen the real joe biden by now. but very quick, this is a conversation i often have with our friend richard epstein, has it appeared to you that the center of gravity and the party has really changed in the crystal lady and some of the wackos really do represent mainstream democratic views now? >> absolutely not. i think if you look at the clinton electoral map from 1996, that is what democrats need to be striving for. that mississippi corridor, when you talk about union jobs, when you're talking about -- in the first two debates, in
5:29 pm
eight hours of talking, the only educational question i was answered was joe biden talking about blessing from the 1950s. once we get to that subject matter that people care about to talk about jobs, economies, that's when you are going to see a real change in the electorate but if we are all off on medicaid fraud, free taxpayer-funded abortion for illegal immigrants from all these other crazy issues, then you are not going to see the real democratic party shine through. >> tucker: they brought that stuff out. they endorsed by crowd. >> that's because you have 25 people >> you got 25 people running here at >> tucker: by the way, biden, i agree with you, biden is probably the sanest of the front runners buts endorsed giving free health care to illegal aliens. that's demented. >> well, let's understand. as the policies get refined, as all of these things come on, we are going to get a more moderate policy position for you to understand that when you're running against 25 people, you are not going to get good policy and good talking points out.
5:30 pm
as we get past labor day and into the fall and to iowa and new hampshire and south going, we are going to get more sane policies. right now, who is doubling in office the street and can do well in one poll or two, they get to be part of the debate. you could be a democratic candidate for president right now and get on the debate stage and declare. steel and i don't know. we will see. i'm just saying, biden endorsed by crowd. he didn't have to. good to see you. thank you for that. donald trump was supposedly a racist for calling elijah cummings from baltimore and dangerous jittery city. but it turns out the president was actually right. we'll tell you how he learned that. plus, he had another gullah employee fired from the company for his political views. he joins us, just as hadn't as our my experience with usaa
5:31 pm
5:32 pm
has been excellent. they really appreciate the military family and it really shows. with all that usaa offers why go with anybody else? we know their rates are good, we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today.
5:33 pm
5:34 pm
spew will welcome back to our
5:35 pm
lives inside the issues special. president trump spent an entire news cycle being denounced as a racist and a for calling baltimore a dirty, dangerous place to but he's right as we know. it turns out that burglars targeted a home owned by congressman elijah cummings who represents baltimore just last week. coming from someone who is undergoing what more than 7,000 residents expense all year, cummings explains that it's a good city so it must be the work of an outstanding trump supporter. or the russians. newark congressman johnny was felly at tweeted in response, quote, "donald trump hated rhetoric and racist rants are reckless and dangerous." >> . just one problem. cops say the burglars took place hours before the president even tweeted about elijah cummings. and despite that, it's
5:36 pm
investigating whether a threat nexus exists for elijah cummings even though what happened to cummings it happened before the president tweeted about it. that tells you a lot. well, it's pretty clear that google isn't simply just a business enterprise. though, it is the most powerful business in the history of the world. it's also an ideological organization. to its core. google cares what you are able to see and what you are able to think and the exercise the kind of control over their own employees. kevin sir nikki would know that firsthand. he spent three years at google working as an engineer. he said he faced relentless bullying ended up in the neonate google for his clinical views. one manager added him to an internal blacklist until finally google fired him last year. kevin joins us tonight. kevin, thanks very much for coming on. so, you believe that google knew
5:37 pm
what your politics work, you are conservative, harassed you for those views, and then ultimately dismissed you on the basis of that? >> yes, that's true. so basically what happened is when i joined google, i saw a lot of employees being mistreated and abused and harassed for sharing conservative views or just for questioning company policies and i raise these issues through all the appropriate channels, hr, bps, eventually went up filing a charge with the labor board and google knew about this and opened a federal investigation. i was working very closely with an investigator over there. what happened was google decided they did not like this investigator and they made a lot of false accusations against me and they fired me. they said, and writing, that the reason they fired me was for participating in this labor investigation. they are basically during the government to do anything about it. >> tucker: i don't think that's legal, is it?
5:38 pm
you can't fire someone for initiating a labor action, can you? >> i wouldn't think so. i have appealed the decision and the labor board came back and basically denied it. they did not cite any case laws. they didn't have a reason for it. it's basically there will against anybody else's. >> tucker: right here the most powerful country, company in the country. how ideological is the management at google? >> it's highly ideological. you can see it at every level of the organization. one thing i've noticed is that handling of issues is plagued with bias. they will get reports about a liberal reporter and they will jump on it and they will fix the issue very quickly. in contrast, one thing that i saw when i worked there was if you do a google search for a crippled america, which is donald cohen donald trump's book, you will get results that would show mine cost instead ofd
5:39 pm
america. i reported that. and they took nine months to fix that bug. they just stalled at every opportunity. they assigned it to people who no longer work there. they made every excuse in the book to avoid taking down something that made donald trump look bad and i saw other incidents just like that. >> tucker: do you believe that google attempts to influence the election outcome or will attempt to try to prevent trauma from being reelected? >> i do believe so. i think that's a major threat. they have openly stated that they think 2016 was a mistake, they thought that trump should have lost in 2016. they really want him to lose in 2020. that's their agenda. they are very vice people running at every level of the company and they have quite a bit of control in the political process so that that's somethine should really worry about. see when you, congress is sitting back and acting like itt happening. it's disgusting. it kevin, thank you for sending that along. i appreciate it good to see you.
5:40 pm
>> it's friday, so that means dan bongino is ready to explode with his weekly news explosion. a must-see television, on the way. but first, it's time for final exam. can you beat the news professionals that are remembering everywhere thing that happened in the past week? cable news is favorite game show. in fact, cable news is only a game, next. ♪ standard of care. it's how we care for our cancer patients- like job. when he was diagnosed with cancer, his team at ctca created a personalized care plan to treat his cancer and side effects. so job could continue to work and stay strong for his family. this is how we inspire hope. this is how we heal. we love you, daddy. good night. i love you guys. cancer treatment centers of america. appointments available now.
5:41 pm
dprevagen is the number onemild memopharmacist-recommendedng? memory support brand. you can find it in the vitamin aisle in stores everywhere. prevagen. healthier brain. better life.
5:42 pm
5:43 pm
5:44 pm
>> tucker: it's time now for final exam with a hardened news professionals compete with one another for the right to host the coveted erik wemple monk aloft. this week's first contestant is fox news headlines carley shimkus. she will be competing with
5:45 pm
america's newsroom anchor, william bill cameron. great to see you guys. amen. it's great to see you both. this is another contest where you just can't pick a winner and you can't decide who to root for us i'm going to let nature take its course. >> i'm rooting for bill. >> and i'm rooting for carly already at sucker. >> tucker: the kind of man he is. so hands on buzzers. i ask the questions, the first months of buzz and get the answer to the question, critically, you must wait until i finish asking the question before answering. every correct answer is worth one point. each incorrect answer subtracts a point from your total. best-of-five wins. are you ready? >> we are. >> yeah. okay. if you want to browse. okay go. question one. which 2020 democratic candidate
5:46 pm
candidate told a child reporter that her cat was dead? >> way, we need the judges on this one. >> tucker: our judges are saying it goes to carly because mr. hammer buzzed early. coiled steel lightning fast. >> the answer is, marianne williamson. >> tucker: marianne williamson's cat passed away, is that correct? >> that's right. it did. >> i had a cat and the cat died. >> tucker: boy, is not grand. it's heard that her cat is sliding down a rainbow into a pool of jell-o in the heavens above. >> tucker: into a love pool. question two. which democratic candidate prepared for the debate this week by going for a run around the city of detroit?te went fora
5:47 pm
predebate run around to try question mike who looks like they would go for a run? >> i think it's robert francis. >> tucker: you think it'sbert f? beto? >> how are you doing? how are you feeling about the debate? >> i am feeling good. >> what do you doing to prepare? >> running. running and thinking through what i want to say tonight. >> tucker: he is running. >> i would've said that. he's began, he is healthy. >> tucker: that was nice. oh 1-1. okay, moving to question three now. last question on the democratic 2020 field. candidate julian castro has an identical brother and people often confuse the two. joachim came out with a
5:48 pm
solution, he recently changed his appearance in what way? >> oh, i'm gonna take it. i'm on constantly going to say he grew facial hair. >> that's a good one. >> tucker: he grew facial hair? did he grow facial hair. >> such as seo. first time i've seen you with the new beard. i thought you were an identical twin? >> come that's one of the reasons, yeah. it people can tell right away that i'm not the one running for president. >> tucker: a very good. carly, i'm impressed. okay. so it's to slash one. carly leading. mr. hammer by one. prince harry of great britain is very concerned about climate change. so concern he recently told reporters he's going to limit the number of children he has with his wife to how many?
5:49 pm
carly? >> two. >> tucker: two. just start go? that correct? >> prince harry saying he is only going to have two children maximum purities at the plants plan so i have only one more child out of concern for the environment. >> speak about that? while not. >> tucker: impressive. all right. our judges are saying carly is fast on the buzzer. so going into the final question which is, by the way, a two pointer. it potentially we can have a tie here. this is a multiple choice. here's the multiple choice. you often see some unusual things but this is a new one. a massive swarm of what kind of insect has taken over the las vegas strip. is it, ladybugs, b, grasshoppers, or see, honey bee?
5:50 pm
bill hemmer? >> you're going to break the darn thing. i do believe it's grasshoppers, tucker. i do believe. >> tucker: it was grasshoppers? is that correct? q the jay. >> the bright lights of las vegas has attracted an unwanted new visitor. a horde of grasshoppers. it looks like the apocalypse. the insect invasion. the grasshoppers swarm so massive it can see be seen from outer space. bug experts say the grasshoppers are attracted to the bright lights in vegas. >> tucker: amazing. amazing. okay. so this brings us to an unusual place. we have a tie. we resolved that with a sudden, hold on. no. we never end on a tie. it's a sudden death. we have a bonus question for you. the traditional bonus question is what is the capital of burkina faso. but we fasted too many times and
5:51 pm
our audience is aware of the answer. so the judges have asked that we increase the intensity and the difficulty of the question. okay? prepare, get ready. here's the question. sudden death. now multiple choice. one question, one answer. this is tough. what is the capital of canada? >> it's ottawa. >> i was going to say that, no. >> tucker: i don't think that's right but let me in -- we are going to check with our judges. judges? the judges are saying it is ottawa. that is literally the capital of the country. that's unbelievable. bill hemmer. i am so impressed. the man from ohio knows geography. i didn't know it.
5:52 pm
you win the erik wemple mug. congratulations. bill hemmer. carly, great to see you. >> thank you, tucker. >> this was lovely. >> tucker: that's is for this week's final exam. pay attention to the news each and every weekend to an end to see if you can beat the experts. erik wemple mug's available on tuckercarlson capsoff.com. we will be right back. ♪ [ alarm sound ] hello. what is happening? what is all of this? move! everybody get out of here! why'd they kidnap bunch of normal folk like us? there's no escape. you have no idea what you're up against. [ screaming ] has been excellent. they really appreciate the military family and it really shows.
5:53 pm
with all that usaa offers why go with anybody else? we know their rates are good, we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today.
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
5:56 pm
>> tucker: it's friday and that meanings things go boom. time for dan bongino news explosion. our favorite former secret service agent here with his top stories of what has been a remarkable week. dan bongino, the joins us now. hey, dan. >> sake, always good to see you especially at the end of the week. it was carried to it. story number three, my top three of the week. it's kind of a two-parter so i cheated a little bit. i snuck this in there.
5:57 pm
democratic debate takeaways. take away one. kamala harris traded the rail this week. she was flying to the top, she was creeping on joe biden, had a great performance in debate one, and then ran into tulsi gabbard who just entirely derailed that train, held her to account, kamala harris trying to take ultimate positions on everything. tulsi gabbard called her to account and that didn't work out well for her. so, takeaway number two from the dem debate, there were a lot of takeaways, by the way so i had a kind of distilled is down to two. joe biden has run into dog brown from back to the future. remember christopher lloyd? joe biden could be running in the year 3030.
5:58 pm
he quoted some idea, go to joe, 30330. whatever it was. we found out later of course it was a tech spread we will give joe a pass on that one but it didn't end well for joe, tucker. not a great debate. >> tucker: that made me feel sorry for him. he added. >> me too. people threw stuff out but gosh, it was so -- 30330 it's like he was trying to think it through while he was saying it. story number two. elijah cummings donald trump feud explodes. tucker, here we go again with d you're a racist stuff. everybody these days days thinks he's a racist from the democrats but we hadn't, kemal harris who a reference, she kind of attackd joe biden insinuating he might've had some racist past. everybody's a racist now. donald trump calls out the failures in baltimore which are obvious. haven't had a republican in charge there since the chaldean in the 60s. and he tries to benefit the blade of the largely failing city and somehow, trumps a racist. everybody's races. it's unbelievable. the word is entirely losing its impact which is a shame because
5:59 pm
real racists will then get a pass. unbelievable. sorry, i need to take a breath on that one. all right, that wore me out. story number one, teflon, jim comey strikes again. this guy is amazing. you covered and in the beginning of the show very well but he leaked classified information. leak sick, then says, what it he say, i didn't really say, i communicated it? which this guy is the keim of lucent euphemisms. but it was retroactively classified. he tweeted out something you have at it with the road bro in it. like hey bro, you were the fbi director bro. you didn't know it was classified information? you may want to put that on your resume because you have trouble distinguishing what classified information is pure just approach it from us here on the show. >> tucker: all the people are going to jail for less than that. dan bongino, thanks for that. i appreciate it.
6:00 pm
good to see you. and that is it for us tonight and for the week. tonight's last special is out of time here we will be back though, 8:00 p.m. on monday and every weeknight the show that is the sworn enemy of line come lying, pomposity, smugness, and groupthink. it has a great weekend. ♪ >> welcome to this special edition of "hannity" beard i'm jason chaffetz into night for sean. breaking this week, we learned that fired fbi director james comey is in some serious hot water. according to a report from the hills john solomon, inspector general michael horowitz found that comey lacked candor and leaked confidential government documents. james comey was even recommended for prosecution but solomon and fox news are reporting he won't be charged, for now. we saw a similar result a few months ago when a still unnamed fbi deputy assistant director
6:01 pm
wa

85 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on