Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  August 8, 2019 11:00pm-12:00am PDT

11:00 pm
tom fittons of thein world, joseph digenovas of the world, jay sekulows of the world. we will never be the media mob.s let not your heart be troubled. tammy bruce is doing an awesome job filling in. >> tammy: i can see you, and that's what all of america likes seeing. >> sean: not all of america. >> tammy: it's a pleasure. thank you. >> sean: check out your show on foxnation.com. >> tammy: i appreciate it. i am tammy bruce in for laura ingraham, and this is "the ingraham angle" from los angeles tonight. the left is ramping up its rhetoric, trying to blame trump for the recent mass shootings despite his calls, of course, for unity and peace.rh
11:01 pm
congressman matt gaetz is herein with a message for his colleagues on the other side ofd the aisle. i.c.e. rounds up nearly 700 illegals in the largest raid in a decade. of course the liberal outrage hits a fever pitch. former acting i.c.e. director tom homan is here to set the record straight. plus remember when everyone jumped on trump for calling out what was really happening in baltimore? tonight we hear from residents who live there and are thanking him for putting a spotlight on the blight. raymond arroyo, your favorite, of course, is here with some bizarre protest songs. why hollywood reboots are so bad for us, and the reason taylor swift may need to calm down. but first, the left is not giving up its relentless attacks trying to tie president trump to the tragedies in el paso and dayton. the day after visiting shooting victims, first responders, local leaders, this is how "the new york times" framed his
11:02 pm
trip: "trump uses a day of healing to deepen the nation's divisions." that is wildly inaccurate. in fact, at the only press availability, the president said this. >> you said today was about healing and unity. your critics, like vice president biden, senator graham, various members of the media, can you explain -- >> they shouldn't be politicking today. >> tammy: as i wrote in "the washington times" today, democrats are trying to frighten people with a lie that americans are racist, the president is w a racist, organized racism is sweeping the country, and duping their own supporters to live in fear, convincing them that everyone is out to get them. among others, today's phrase is "blood on his hands." >> the president has blood on his hands. you can draw a direct line from that manifesto of the shooter in
11:03 pm
el paso to the trump handbook. >> he's walking into the crime scene with blood on his hands. >> he is in large part to blame for what's taken place. donald trump is responsible forn this. he is responsible because he is stoking fears and hatred and bigotry. >> tammy: joining me now is florida congressman matt gaetz. congressman, thank you so much for joining me tonight. i appreciate it. i've got to ask you, obviously horrible circumstances, the fact that we are still discussing this when normally tragedies bring americans, everyone together. we have a history of doing that. that's who we are as a people. but here now you have this narrative that is obscene in general. it is certainly insulting to the victims and their families. why do you think this is going on? >> right now we have a left that's unwilling in america to confront the real challenges
11:04 pm
that we have, whether it's the collapse of fatherhood in our country. you look at these mass shooters. very rarely do you see a positive, productive relationship with a father figure. you also see dark recesses of the internet harboring and fuming this type of hate. rather than dealing with those things, it's easier for the political left to scapegoat the president, demoralize, delegitimize those trying to come up with solutions. you have seen a president eager to comfort those in pain and also open-minded about e what solutions anyone would have that would reduce the frequency of this violence. if we have seen anything from the shooting at the republican baseball practice to the elizabeth warren, antifa supporters in dayton, the person who claimed to have a right wing hateful ideology in el c paso. the extreme elements of violence do not have monogamy with any one agenda. i'm grateful we have a president who is willing to call out hate and who is trying to pave the
11:05 pm
way to a more accepting country. >> tammy: you see that with the pictures of the president visiting the hospital and the first responders, et cetera. they are thrilled to see him. they are thrilled to see the first lady. they have been consistent. when we're dealing with tragedies like this and the dynamics we're facing, the president's approach has been about safety for everyone, including the migrants, right? of course the american people. when you're doing things for the right reasons, it benefits everyone. and yet now we have this kind of -- certainly the hatred, but you are there. we had an attempted assassination of 23 republicans not so long ago, seriously, almost fatally injuring steve scalise. we are in this heightened time. it seems like there's an alternate reality.s most americans i think you would agree, they don't believe what
11:06 pm
it is they're hearing in this rhetoric. do you think it's dangerous or w do you think it's impacting the way americans are viewing the reality that surrounds all of us?s >> i think the american people know that in times of political activity, people can capitalize on these moments of tragedy for their own gain. it's awful to see that, but obviously we have seen it unfold with the way the mainstream media and some democraticha presidential candidates have responded. i've got to say it's marianne williamson who actually came forward and said there's no direct connection between the president and these acts of violence. she believes there is a direct connection between how the moon and stars align and our mood. she couldn't find a direct connection. i think the president, his hospitality background contributes to his desire to bring warmth the people. he always likes people to be sort of welcomed in his presence. >> tammy: congressman, i think during the campaign he fell inis love with the country. i think he got to know us and he
11:07 pm
sees the damage that's's been done. i'd like to get your response to the breaking news tonight that former fbi deputy director andrew mccabe is now suing the fbi and the justice department over his firing. we know peter strzok is suing. now mccabe is suing. he says they got rid of him because he wouldn't pledge allegiance to trump. my guess is he just wants to be on television for some interviews. what's your take on this? you've been in congress sitting through all of this.s. why do you think he's doing this? >> it's ludicrous. it wasn't donald trump or the white house that accused andrew mccabe of lying. it was the fbi's own inspector general, democrat appointed by president obama that said mccabe lied three times under oath about his activity and it was an activity that was geared toward using the fbi to shape public opinion through leaks. through the great work of bill barr and senator lindsey graham, we're going to make sure that the fbi in the intelligence community
11:08 pm
aren't used to shape public opinion but returned to their mission of investigating the facts and doing it in a dispassionate way. >> tammy: it's pretty obvious those two men liked the attention they used to get. they want more attention. and they are looking to get that attention anyway they possibly can. congressman, thank you so much for joining me tonight.ay wild times. i appreciate your perspective. i.c.e. arrests nearly 700 illegals working at food processing plants in mississippi. the liberals say the timing of the largest single state immigration raid in u.s. history couldn't be worse. fox's steve harrigan has the story from our southeast t bure. steve. >> i.c.e. officials are calling this the largest single state raid on a workplace in u.s. history. as many as 600 agents were involved in six different cities all around jackson, mississippi. they were targeting chicken processing plants where immigrant labor has been strong for decades.
11:09 pm
they were targeting illegal immigrant labor this time around. the timing has been challenged. some say that it was a mistake to carry out the raid at the very time that president trump was traveling to el paso to mourn the 22 people killed there, killed by a shooter who'p been accused of targeting hispanics deliberately. i.c.e. officials say there's no connection between the raid and the shooting, that this raid had been in the works for months and it took a great deal of planning to get those agents into mississippi. the raid itself was carried out by agents forming a perimeter around the different plants and then checking for proof of residency. those workers without the proper proof were zip tied, put in buses, and taken to a military airport hangar for processing. some of those were arrested. some were deported, and some were released. the latest numbers from the u.s. attorney's office say that of the 680 detainees, 300 have been released, many of them on
11:10 pm
humanitarian grounds. they say they believe that as of wednesday night, all of the children and parents were reunited. tammy, back to you. >> tammy: thank you very much. despite the fact that the raid was planned for months, those arrested are here illegally and are breaking the law. the liberal media cannot believe that the government is doing its job. >> this with an attack specifically towards latinos, mexican immigrants and then today the federalos government went after those same exact people.ho tearing parents away from their children. >> there is an assault on the latino community and we have to stop mincing words of what's happening. >> tammy: here now is tom homan, former acting i.c.e. director and fox news contributor. allen orr, immigration attorney and vice president of the american immigration lawyers association. thank you so much for joining me. tom, what's the mainstream medis missing here?
11:11 pm
>> this isn't an attack on the latino community. this is law enforcement. this is a large-scale criminal investigation that deals with identity theft, tax evasion, harboring illegal aliens. this is a criminal investigation that's being put together for months. it has nothing to do with the timing of what happened in el paso and dayton. this is a criminal investigation. a lot of u.s. citizens' identification has been stolen. a lot of credits have been ruined.le employers are committing misdemeanors and felonies. this is a criminal investigation. it's not an immigration sweep. it's a criminal investigation that are investigating employers for knowingly harboring illegal aliens and committing fraudulent tax schemes. >> tammy: that i think -- it's not discussed in the news that this is what the president and the administration has been doing, removing criminal illegal aliens from the environment of
11:12 pm
where other immigrants live, the immigrant community in general. they are victimized first by individuals who have been -- there's warrants out for them, committing crimes, stealing identities. isn't it a good idea, allen, to remove criminals from the midst of every community or should we condemn the immigrant community to have to live with criminals with no law enforcement involved in protecting them? >> i don't understand what you're saying. i don't understand how being -- chicken processors. the problem is actually thee exacerbation of the issue. most of them have been here for 10 to 15 years. even when mr. homan was in the government, they were in these plants and the fact that they waited to do it and the fact that they were unable to sort on time it appropriately shows the mismanagement of the government. there were raids planned and because of weather conditions om other local conditions, the president delayed them. it's a bad communication among the government of when they did these sweeps. >> tammy: so we should allow criminals to operate more freely
11:13 pm
and for a longer period of time because it would look better? >> what you should do is focuss on the criminals. >> tammy: that's what happened here. >> most of the deportations under the obama administration were those that were picked up by local officials. >> tammy: in this case these are -- >> i'm giving you a distinction to understand the difference. >> tammy: this is not about the distinction of what happened before. let's talk about what just happened right now. criminals have been removed from the community, the immigrant community. people who are victimized first by criminal illegal aliens. >> the word victimized. there are no victims in these crimes. >> tammy: so people who -- no, no, no. as you just heard tom and let's try to make it clear again. these people weren't arrested because they were working. they were arrested because crimes were being committed within the framework, either at the company itself or by these individuals.
11:14 pm
is that not correct? >> that's not correct. >> tammy: tom, tom. that is correct, actually. >> with all due respect, allen doesn't know what he's talking about. this is a criminal investigation. has to do with identity theftno and fraud. no one wants to talk -- everybody wants to talk about aliens here illegally. >> if this was a criminal investigation. ignore the final order of removal and they stay here illegally. immigration -- >> you know better. you have to give people due process, ruled by an immigration judge and you demand your process, they get ordered removed but no one wants these final orders executed. we go through this whole process. billions of dollars, we demand due process. they have to see a judge. the judge says i have to go home. don't do that. you can'tju separate families. no one wants to talk about the victims, u.s. citizens whosese credit has been destroyed. their identity has been stolen. no one harbors an illegal alien out of the goodness of their
11:15 pm
heart. they take advantage of them paying lower wages. >> tammy: not everyone was committing identity fraud. but -- l >> that's what started this investigation. >> tammy: i understand that and the focus is on arresting criminal illegal aliens. inevitably we had over 300 t released the same day who went back to their families. looking at certain specific o dynamics that occurred. i'd like you to take a look at what joe biden had to say about the raid today. >> there's no need to separate j children from their families, no need to put people in cages.da at the end of our administration we found that when you say show up at such and such a date, they show up. >> tammy: uncle joe must not be checking the stats. according to the center for immigration studies, four in ten migrants skipped their court hearings at the end of the obama administration. the numbers don't lie. you have people who are not returning. >> that's not correct. studies --
11:16 pm
you need to look at the immigration counsel study that they did that updated the numbers. those individuals who are represented by lawyers, that percentage goes to almost 90%. 80% really do show up. as you can see today when they said they released 300 people, if there was a real fear they weren't going to show up, they would not have released those people back into the public. if they were really criminal aliens -- >> tammy: actually they do and we do and thank you, tom and allen. i appreciate you being here. the government is doing things, and the end results actually don't end up going well and people don't show up for their hearings.d we are going to continue to see this and continue to address it. coming up, an enterprising journalist asks baltimore residents what they thought of president trump's comments about their city. what he found utterly destroys the liberal media narrative. more on that next.
11:17 pm
ranteed cash . it lets you take out an average of over 50,000 dollars. you could refinance your mortgage, consolidate your credit card debt, put cash in the bank, and lower your payments by over 600 dollars a month. newday looks at your whole financial picture, not just your credit score, so if you're a veteran homeowner who needs cash, call newday usa.
11:18 pm
2@÷hqm'ó pe hey! i live on my own now! i've got xfinity, because i like to live life in the fast lane. unlike my parents.
11:19 pm
you rambling about xfinity again? you're so cute when you get excited... anyways... i've got their app right here, i can troubleshoot. i can schedule a time for them to call me back, it's great! you have our number programmed in? ya i don't even know your phone anymore... excuse me?! what? i don't know your phone number. aw well. he doesn't know our phone number! you have our fax number, obviously... today's xfinity service. simple. easy. awesome. i'll pass. >> pointing out the tremendous corruption that's taken place in baltimore and other democratic run cities. all you have to do is look at the past mayors in baltimore and see what happened. those people are living in hell in baltimore. >> tammy: hard to believe it
11:20 pm
was just last week that radicals were calling president trump racist for daring to put a spotlight on the blight in baltimore. one enterprising journalist actually went to baltimore. what do you know? to talk to people who live there and see how they feel about their living conditions.s. what they told him crushes the liberal media narrative. >> it's just sad, man. every day i am crying inside. i wake up and i'm still here. it used to be okay but it's not now. >> you can't go home without feeling like a target or you don't know if someone is going to run in your house. somebody want to hold up what's going on in the city. >> baltimore city. murder land. >> that's a strong statement. >> murder land. the statement is definitelyent true.
11:21 pm
>> tammy: joining me now is the man behind the camera, austen fletcher, host of "fleccas talks" on youtube. this is one of the gifts that president trump was attacked for, bringing attention to the city, having people be interested, as opposed to everyone looking away. give me, first of all, why did you go, what did you expect to find? what was the experience like? >> the reason i wanted tot cover it, one of the reasons we are so politically divided is because of the framing of the issues. i think the left has been framing the issues around race. donald trump exposes elijah cummings, the poverty, the issues american people in his district are facing and the left wants to hijack the debate and make it about racism, so now we're stuck debating ishe donald trump racist, is he not. the people in baltimore are suffering.
11:22 pm
>> tammy: it's heartbreaking and this is what is obscene. while arguing that it's racist to call attention to that city, and it's requiring people to abandon those individuals, the actual base of what the democrats feel is their base, and then i think the republicans are a little complicit in a way, the party itself, because they too have looked away from the inner cities. we mentioned representative cummings.r we have more audio. let's hear their responsescu regarding their represented. >> elijah cummings, he's been there for 25 years. 25 years. he allocates $4.6 billioncu for illegal immigrants but he hasn't donated any money for the streets, west baltimore. it's drug-infested, homeless people and west baltimore. two blocks from his district. >> tammy: these are individuals who know what the
11:23 pm
politics are. they know what the money is. they know they don't have it. clearly there is an activist base that -- they are not clearly reiterating the racist message. did you find that? how did you approach people and were they suspicious? how did the conversations happen? >> it was organic and we lead with the president's tweets and we asked people, on a national level, everyone seems to be mad about the president's tweets. i said what do you think, is he racist, is he wrong, is he misinformed? every person said they don't care about his tweets. what he's saying is true. they are glad actually somewhat talking about it. that's been the first time in a long time, seems likene decades elijah cummings has been in that seat and the city's gone down the toilet. >> tammy: we have some of the video. let's play that asng well. >> how do you feel about the president's comments? >> me personally i want him to say things like that because
11:24 pm
it's true. >> what do you think about the coverage? >> it's sad but it's true. >> crime is very high. something has to be done. >> tammy: baltimore is a great, extraordinary american city. you've done a great job. you are one of the new journalists, new entrepreneurs getting information out. how do people find out more about your work? >> you can find me on twitter and instagram @fleccas. >> tammy: dealing with censorship of conservative views. are you experiencing that? >> i have felt a little early on. >> tammy: thank you so much for joining me. remember when protesters went to mitch mcconnell's house, calling for him to be murdered and broadcasted on social media?
11:25 pm
>> some voodoo dolls [bleep]. >> that's probably what it is. just stab the [bleep] in the heart. >> tammy: the mcconnell campaign's twitter account posted the video exposing the threats. and then the account was promptly frozen for violating twitter rules. meanwhile, the hashtag #massacremitch was allowed to trend. the rnc and trump campaign say they won't be spending more money on twitter for the time being. here to discuss it and for a little bit of a debate is charlie kirk, executive director of turning point usa. the reverend shane harris, democratic strategist and president of the people'ss alliance for justice. thank you so much for joining me.pl i appreciate it. charlie, we just talked to fleccas. he's experienced some demonization on youtube. we have the extraordinary absurdity of somebody's account
11:26 pm
being frozen because they expost threats against themselves. and now, of course, we know, of course, all the conservatives who've been blocked and suspended and removed from the medium. why do you think that they've become so bold in the midst of this, considering the president's also spoken out against it? and yet you have to admit this is a remarkably bold thing to do on their end. >> unbelievably bold. as the segment happens, mitch mcconnell's twitter account is frozen. yet hamas, who uses children as human shields, has a twitter account. think about that. the moral inequivalency is that senator mitch mcconnell has a twitter account frozen for sharing a video. he didn't endorse it. he didn't say it. supporters didn't say it. he was showing a video of what other people were saying about him, that they wanted him dead and he was saying look at the radicalism. twitter locked down the account. hamas, who uses children as
11:27 pm
human shields, has a twitter account right now. something's got to change with these tech oligarchs. >> tammy: the president has intimated that he may do something. by executive order? we're not sure what that would be. shane, i think whether you agree with mitch mcconnell or disagree, you have to admit that having massacre mitch trending and to block the mitch mcconnell campaign account is a little strange. would you agree with that? >> i would agree that the. backlash to what is being discussed with senator mcconnell, what exactly his campaign was trying to share, that backlash i think is a little unfair. i also want to say, here's a reality. there have been many, many, much radicalization going on on
11:28 pm
social media. while there's a lot of conversation on the right about conservatives being shut down on social media, there's also many other folks who have been shut down who are not being discussed. i think that we have to be fair. >> tammy: i don't doubt it. >> we have to be fair across the line when we're talking about -- >> tammy: yes, but here's why this is particularly important. the mcconnell campaign was exposing how extreme things have become. i am a former community organizer. maybe i still am, to a degree. i think organizing iss important and i think demonstrationsni are important. this is not that. they were exposing what it's become. charlie, this is what is so fascinating. this should fit right within our goals to recognize this, for americans to be shocked and then to stop it. charlie.
11:29 pm
>> i'm going to completely invalidate the previous point, with all due respect. this is targeting conservatives and republicans. we look at the discrepancy of political contributions at google.ub $0 donated to donald trump in the 2016 election, over $20 million given to hillary clinton. the idea that somehow the bias is only -- equally spread out is just not true. you are trying to tell me that senator chuck schumer, ifs senator chuck schumer had a video of conservatives showing up to his house wishing death ta senator chuck schumer, you think if senator chuck schumer showed that video, that twitter would shut him down? >> wait a minute, charlie. >> that's what happened. w >> we can have different opinions, but we can't have different facts. charlie.ha [all speaking] you are wrong because google pacs have given thousands of dollars to republicans in campaigns. >> $0 to donald trump. >> the action committee has given more money in the last four years to republicans,
11:30 pm
federal candidates. >> the google executives. >> we can have different opinions but let's talk facts. >> google apologized to their employees after the election saying we will never let this happen again. if you think google andg silicon valley are tilting to the right, your compass is upside down. they are a wing of the democratic party. >> giving more money to republican federal candidates than democrat federal candidates. put your money where your mouth is. >> tammy: just a minute. it's not necessarily where the money's gone. it's what people end up doing and also consider both of you should be concerned about, i know charlie, you are, with the establishment. that they might be getting money from google because they agreehm with shutting down certain kinds of individuals.n all of us lose who have an interest in having radical or nonconforming voices to be heard. i think the establishment has an
11:31 pm
interest in shutting down those voices, like all three of us in this instance. thank you for joining me. i do appreciate it. it's remarkable, isn't it, when you have this situation and they feel like no one is going to notice or care. i think that's one of our issues. coming up now, it's being called disastrous. due process. attorney harmeet dhillon is standing by on the controversial proposal coming up next. all money managers might seem the same,
11:32 pm
but some give their clients cookie cutter portfolios. fisher investments tailors portfolios to your goals and needs. some only call when they have something to sell. fisher calls regularly so you stay informed. and while some advisors are happy to earn commissions whether you do well or not. fisher investments fees are structured so we do better when you do better. maybe that's why most of our clients come from other money managers. fisher investments. clearly better money management.
11:33 pm
11:34 pm
>> tammy: the nation's top legal organization is set to: approve a controversial resolution that would -- get this, you guys -- essentially treat all sex as rape unless proven otherwise. wrongly placing the burden of proof on the accused. fox chief correspondent jonathan hunt is live in the west coast bureau.e >> good evening, tammy. it seems simple when you ask the question, did someone consent to sexual activity or not? consent, which is at the core of so many sexual assault cases, has proven time and again to be very hard to define legally and that's led to some legal organizations taking another look at what's called affirmative consent. the american bar association, which, among other things setsar academic standards for law schools, is among those organizations supporting a legal
11:35 pm
redefinition of consent. its resolution being debated this week would call on legislatures and courts to "define consent in sexual assault cases as the assent of a person who is competent to give consent to engage in a specific act." and "to reject any acquirement sexual assault victims have a legal burden of verbal or physical resistance." that echoes a california law. the approach yes means yes. new york's law. "in cases where a potential victim might be drunk or unconscious, as a result of drugs taken knowingly or not and therefore unable to resist or to give consent." critics, among them the national association of criminal defense lawyers, say affirmative consent laws are dangerous because they
11:36 pm
take away the presumption of innocence. the nacdl saying any such law "shifts the burden of proof by requiring an accused person to prove affirmative consent to each sexual act rather than requiring the prosecution to prove lack of consent." the american bar association proposal "the resolution assumes guilt in the absence of any evidence regarding consent." it's important to remember that these laws are aimed at colleges and according to the website affirmativeconsent.com, only 40 of 513 colleges they studied have actually introduced affirmative consent policies. >> tammy: jonathan, thank you very much. here to respond is harmeet dhillon, civil rights attorney and a member of trump's 2020 advisory board. you see her often here on
11:37 pm
fox news. it's remarkable to hear that report. it's completely orwellian. we are supposed to be happy that only 40 colleges are doing this? clearly this is just the beginning. this is one of those things where americans couldn't imagine that this would occur. i have identified as feminist most of my adult life. you are a professional woman in a field that's not always been open to women. we both know as american women that we are in charge of our lives. this kind of law also places a burden, in a way, on a woman, presuming that she's an infant, in a certain sense. what is your take in general of the impact of this onn women and on everyone's civil rights? >> i agree with you, tammy, this really infantilizes women and puts the burden of proof on men
11:38 pm
to prove assent in a setting where there is no one else present, generally. basically you're asking men to prove the impossible. it's already -- many schools have put the burden on men in many ways by not allowing the confrontation of witnesses. by not allowing evidentiary burdens to be appropriate, the way they are in criminal court, and many other presumptions to make it very orwellian to be a man. >> tammy: i think what we have both seen and what most american women have seen, and we wanted a shift from what used to be where women will be blamed for being raped because of what she was wearing or that she was asking for it. we wanted a shift to have women be taken seriously. we have had these conversations. and yet we have just wanted fair access to due process and to the legal system. this has moved so far to this presumption that the accuser, and we saw this in the kavanaugh
11:39 pm
case, the presumption that the accuser was telling the truth, expecting the accused to prove the negative. i don't see this being moved at all.cc i don't see it staying only within these cases.ed it would be in other cases as well, other fields. >> college students today are being taught that the first amendment doesn't apply, that the second amendment should not exist, now we are talkingd about the sixth amendment, all the rights, along with beingki accused of crime. obviously sexual assault is a crime. this is part of a trend that's happening in america, even before this dumb law by the aba, which is an organization, i spoke at their conference but i have never belonged because they do this type of thing. i have a theory. i think it's almost a sinister act to make work for lawyers. what is to come out of the law, if it is passed, is that there's going to be constitutional litigation. what they are doing is illegal. universities and colleges that
11:40 pm
have these types of burden shifting, premises that violate the rights of men accused are being sued. there is a class action lawsuit going on right now challenging that title ix burden shiftingla that occurred throughout the obama administration that is still alive many states. i participate in these proceedings. men are railroaded, boys are railroaded. careers are destroyed. are women better off? i don't think so. >> tammy: these are young women and men coming out of the academy and into business and law and this is their conditioning. it's not what any of us want, to say the least. thank you very much.. why is taylor swift comparing herself to a former first lady?n and what do hollywood's reboots tell us about the state of our culture? raymond arroyo is next. stay right there. royo is next. stay right the one of the benefits we as a country give our veterans is eligibility for a va loan for up to 100% of your home's value. thank you, admiral.
11:41 pm
so if you need money for your family, call newday usa.
11:42 pm
11:43 pm
>> tammy: it's thursday and we have a special edition of thursday follies. taylor swift is comparing herself to a first lady. protest songs go haywire. hollywood cannot get enough of reboots. joining us now with all of the details is the only guy who can give them to us, raymond arroyo, fox news contributor. you have noticed a disturbing new style of protest songs emerging across the country. what the heck is going on? >> i have indeed, tammy. protest songs go back centuries
11:44 pm
and they usually are catchy ditties with a political edge. "if i had a hammer," or "blowing in the wind." some examples show that the genre is clearly in big trouble. for instance, in tucson, arizona, a pair of ladies now known as the singing sanctuary sisters stood up at a local hearing and urged that their town become a sanctuary city, and they made their plea in a song of their own composition. >> we all know the right thing ain't no more deportations broken tail lights safety for all ? it means that due process is a part of our charter protected from partisan and political nitwits
11:45 pm
all over this state >> [laughs] tammy, i think we need to send them a metronome and a rhymingd. dictionary. this was the most tortured protest song i think i've ever heard. scary. if i had talentou i'd write a song they labored to not rhyme. >> tammy: it frightens me that that may in fact be the result of the feminist movement.an and i'm very disturbed. i am honored to be able to guest host here and see you. but i don't know if i'll ever think of you in the same way, raymond. >> i think i can top it. stay right there. not only amateurs, tammy, but even professional, legendary singers just can't seem to get the protest song right. barbra streisand, she recorded a whole album this year to protest president trump. at her concert at madison square garden last weekend, she turned her "send in the clowns" into a protest song retitled "who is this clown?" you can guess who that was
11:46 pm
about. >> ♪ his art of the deal ♪ some awful joke you got to admit ♪ this fraudulent twit is so full of [bleep] ♪ >> oh, tammy, this is painful. i can't even listen to it. >> tammy: it's a shame. she's a great performer. she has a great voice. and she's ruining things, which i never thought i would ever say. >> it's divisive. people pay money, particularly to see someone like barbra streisand, they want to relive the memories and hear the music and enjoy the memory of what was and what is. what she does by politicizing it, she taints the whole affair, and the sad part is i remember we went to see her at the verizon center.
11:47 pm
i took my wife and my wife said if she gets political, i'm going out to get a drink. my wife never left the bar, tammy, the whole two hours. never left the bar. it's sad to watch this, but if you're going to do a protest song, be clever. this wasn't. since we are speaking about retreads, this week we also saw series of reboots that's breathtaking even by hollywood standards. it's not just that they are out of ideas. it tells us something about where we are as a culture and as a people. there is yet anotherel "addams family" movie, the 90210 reboot hit the airwaves on fox, and disney just announced it's relaunching "night at the museum" and "home alone." only one problem: google relaunched "home alone" in an ad last year with the original cast. >> someone is at the front door. >> what do i owe you? >> looks like you paid online. >> tammy: raymond, macaulay culkin actually has weighed in
11:48 pm
on the reboot announcement.t. >> he did. he posted this picture, tweeting "this is what an updated "home alone" would look like." he said, hey, disney. call me. i guess if the 90210 kids can reboot their roles, why not kevin mcallister? >> tammy: you also think, since were talking about reboots, for me it's a lack of creativity. we are seeing so many. what do they tell us about the culture in general? >> i think they tell us first of all there's a love of nostalgia. people want to go back because i think they are so traumatized by the present scene, by what they're saying now.th the dangerous thing is by going back, that begins to define this era.e this has become the reboot, retread, rerun era. we had the me era. this is the re era, and i'm worried. >> tammy: time flies when we're having fun but i have to
11:49 pm
get your reaction to this interview with taylor swift. she compared herself to a first lady. who was it? >> hillary clinton. she said she couldn't endorse hillary in the last campaign because "the symbol for that election, all people were saying was she's calculated,ca she's manipulative. she's not what she seems. she's a snake, a liar." these are the same exact insults people were hurling at hillary. would i be an endorsement or liability? snakes of a feather flock together. look at the lying women, the nasty women. seems to me swift's critics may be right. she was callously calculating how to keep her hillary endorsement under wraps and the last time she endorsed anybody she flamed out. she endorsed the democrats against marsha blackburn in tennessee. didn't turn out so well. >> tammy: it does come down to stay out of the politics. thank you. great job. coming up, the california homelessness crisis is getting worse by the day. now there's a huge rat problem.
11:50 pm
. usaa took care of her car rental, and getting her car towed. all i had to take care of was making sure that my daughter was ok. if i met another veteran, and they were with another insurance company, i would tell them, you need to join usaa because they have better rates, and better service. we're the gomez family... we're the rivera family... we're the kirby family, and we are usaa members for life. get your auto insurance quote today.
11:51 pm
from the 5am wakers, to the 6am sleepers. everyone uses their phone differently and in different places. that's why xfinity mobile created a wireless network that auto connects you to millions of secure wifi hot spots. and the best lte everywhere else. xfinity mobile is a different kind of wireless network designed to save you money. save up to $400 a year on your wireless bill. plus get $250 back when you buy an eligible phone. click, call or visit a store today. mno kidding.rd. but moving your internet and tv? that's easy. easy?! easy? easy. because now xfinity lets you transfer your service online in just about a minute with a few simple steps. really? really. that was easy. yup. plus, with two-hour appointment windows, it's all on your schedule. awesome. now all you have to do is move...that thing. [ sigh ] introducing an easier way to move with xfinity. it's just another way we're working to make your life simple, easy, awesome. go to xfinity.com/moving to get started.
11:52 pm
>> this is a crisis, a humanitarian crisis of our generation. this matches any other calamity that this city and this region and this country has seen. it is, i believe, a social
11:53 pm
emergency. it cannot be, in my view, overstated. >> tammy: los angeles police chief michael moore talking about the homelessness crisis that's now turning this great american city into a breeding ground for rats and the medieval diseases that they carry. naturally, democratic state lawmakers in sacramento want to ban rat poison because you know, they are geniuses. i wish i were joking, but i'm not. democrats say the ban is to protect animals that eat the rodents. what about the humans that they were elected to represent? humans that are being infected with typhus and the plague. joining me now is johnny phillips, syndicated columnist and host of "the morning drive" radio show here in los angeles.h john, thank you for joining me. your column today is fascinating to me because you have written
11:54 pm
that trump's campaign frame for 2020, he's going to be running against california. expandn that. >> we don't know who the democratic nominee is going to be quite yet, although if the wishing well come through for me, it will be marianne williamson. we do know the framing of what president trump plans on doing for 2020 based in part on a speech and the rally he just had in the state of ohio. he attacked the state of california for our exploding homeless population, where we have these tent cities, not just in skid row in los angeles and san francisco but in the san fernando valley, in orange county, inland parts of the state, places you wouldn't them to be. he also hit us for our policy for free health care for illegal aliens. democrats running for president may support medicare for all but in california, we support medicare for all the world. w >> tammy: now they are suing the state because they are trying to keep them off the ballot in the primary season. in the midst of this why would
11:55 pm
-- what's the mentality? we know there's no republicans opposite them in sacramento. what normal person in the midst of medieval diseases returning to the major metropolitan areas, what normal person would think it's a good idea to ban the pesticide for rodents? why? >> we are a one-party state and people known california that they hate president trump so they reflexively vote for the democrats. there are medieval diseases. typhus, typhoid, hepatitis. these are diseases that killed napoleon's army and people in sacramento look at this and they say, you know, the rights of the homeless to spread diseases and the rights of homeless to keep their property, which includes bags of their own feces, supersedes our right to public health. >> tammy: what i love is that this is important. should run against california because, would you agree this is not unique to california. it's not the sun or the surfing. this is the liberal agenda unrestrained that the nation
11:56 pm
would get if we allowed it to continue. >> we are the ghost of christmas future. when you saw the democrats and they said they support medicare for illegal aliens, they support letting people out of prison, let me tell you. if you want to know what life is like if that happens, come to san francisco. come to skid row in los angeles. >> tammy: it's not just california democrats. >> this is what joe biden signed up for. kamala harris, by the way, the attorney general of the state of california when we started letting everyone out of prison. we had six people stabbed in orange county. four died. >> tammy: very good. great stuff. my final thoughts when we come back. your home's value. thank you, admiral. so if you need money for your family, call newday usa. ..
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
11:59 pm
>> that's all-time we have tonight which i'm bummed about because i had a great time. i'm tammy bruce in for laura ingram.
12:00 am
check out my new show on fox nation and i want to thank the great crew here in los angeles and laura ingram for allowing me this chance to keep her chair warm. christine makes me look worthy of being on television and all of you, laura appreciates it and stay right here because more fabulous television and important news coming up with shannon bream and the fox news at night team. shannon: they are a wonderful crew in la. i'm sure they loved having you visit. we will see you soon. fox news alert. in the wake of el paso and dayton calls for boycotts as liberals and celebrities now to cancel a gym membership to equinox after one of them is outed. the trump campaign donor, longtime gop donor firing back, planning to host a fundraiser for the president himself tomorrow. the pressure of the outraged

61 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on