Skip to main content

tv   Late Night With Seth Meyers  NBC  February 12, 2016 12:37am-1:37am EST

12:37 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> announcer: from 30 rockefeller plaza in new york, it's "late night with seth meyers." tonight -- susan sarandon, from "how to be single," actress alison brie, fox sports 1 host, katie nolan, featuring the 8g band with jaleel bunton. [ cheers and applause ] ladies and gentlemen, seth meyers! [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: good evening. i'm seth meyers, this is "late night." how's everybody doing tonight? [ cheers and applause ] wonderful to hear. in that case, let's get to the
12:38 am
hillary clinton and bernie sanders earlier tonight faced off in a debate on pbs, or as pbs calls it, "antiques roadshow." [ laughter ] chris christie announced yesterday that he's dropping out of the presidential race. christie said he's not sure what he'll do now, and then someone reminded him he's still the governor of new jersey. [ laughter ] "oh, man. ugh!" bernie sanders, yesterday, had breakfast in harlem with the reverend al sharpton. interesting, usually when an old white guy goes out to harlem, it's because he fell asleep on the train. [ laughter ] jeb bush today said he is the only candidate who has the you know what to go up against donald trump. oh, my god, jeb. you can't claim to have balls if you don't even have the balls to say balls.
12:39 am
[ cheers and applause ] it's donald trump. just say it. former new york city mayor, mike bloomberg, recently ran two national polls to gauge interest for his possible presidential campaign. you're still gauging? buddy, the two hottest candidates are the jewish guy and the billionaire. do you need an engraved invitation? [ laughter ] marco rubio has revealed that he cracked his molar while eating a twix bar yesterday. [ laughter ] twix, of course, is rubio's favorite candy bar, because you get to eat the same thing twice. [ laughter ] [ audience ohs ] aww. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. it's been reported that infamous drug lord, el chapo, will stand trial in brooklyn. though i'm not sure it's a good idea to try him in a place that already has like five tunnels. [ laughter ] he is known to use tunnels to
12:40 am
[ laughter ] therein lies the joke. [ laughter ] every now and then, you want to put it in an explainer. a team of physicists today claim that they have -- that they have captured the sound of two black holes colliding one billion light years away. let's take a listen. hello [ laughter ] [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: twin sisters in new jersey this week gave birth to baby girls just minutes apart from each other. [ nervous laughter ] "that's weird," said one of their boyfriends. [ laughter ] a recent study shows that almost 50 people have died since 2014 while attempting to take
12:41 am
it's a surprising number that many people are calling too low. [ laughter ] [ cheers and applause ] and finally, new photos have revealed that kim jong-un is a mac user -- oh, sorry, i left out a word. [ laughter ] ladies and gentlemen, we have a great show for you tonight. [ cheers and applause ] from the new film, "the meddler," academy award winner susan sarandon is in the house tonight. [ cheers and applause ] she's a wonderful actress. she's in the new film, "how to be single." alison brie stops by the show. [ cheers and applause ] and we have the host of "garbage time" on fox sports 1. katie nolan is joining us tonight. [ cheers and applause ] a fantastic voice in sports. i'm so excited that she's here to talk to us about her show. but before we get to all of that, this is a very important service we provide on the show. these days, slang terms are evolving so fast that sometimes, it is hard to keep up with them. and so we here at "late night"
12:42 am
little primer and we like to keep you up to speed in a segment we're calling, "seth explains teen slang." [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: our first slang term is, "basic." many of you have probably heard someone be described as "basic." so what does it mean? well, it's used to describe anything involving extremely obvious behavior, dress, or action. for example, "gina has worn juicy sweats twice this week. she basic." [ laughter ] probably heard before, but there are some new terms that are just here's a new one called, "tinderella." it's a term that means, "a midnight, when they black out and become a different person." [ laughter and applause ] let's see it in a sentence -- "heather was funny, charming and beautiful when i picked her up, but by the end of the night, she lost a shoe and smelled like an old pumpkin. total tinderella." [ laughter ]
12:43 am
term, is "stanktuary." [ laughter ] let's see what it means -- "a refuge you seek when your boyfriend farts in his sleep." [ laughter ] let's see it in a sentence. "we went to buffalo wild wings yesterday. long story short, i had to find stanktuary and slept on the couch." [ applause ] now that's yours to use. you can use that in your everyday life. up next, it's "slapchat." let's see the definition. it means, "when your girlfriend sees you liked someone else's sexy photos and she slaps the crap out of you." [ laughter ] for example, "denise saw i liked samantha's butt pictures. #slapchatted." [ laughter ] up next, a very helpful one in the winter, it's "blizz blaze." let's see what it means -- "when you get high during a blizzard." [ laughter ] for example, "two feet of fresh powder on the ground and two ounces of fresh trees in my bowl. time to blizz blaze." [ laughter and applause ] moving on, it's "dvr-sehole." [ laughter ] let's see the definition -- when your roommate fills up your dvr with a british show you don't want."
12:44 am
for example, "i tried to record 'south park' but my dvr was full of 'masterpiece theater.' chad's a dvr-sehole." [ laughter ] and that's a helpful one, because up until now, you haven't had a word for that. [ laughter ] up next, our next term is, "gramnesia." let's see what it means -- "when you show up in an instagram photo that you don't remember taking." [ laughter ] for example, "things got a little hazy last night, but according to instagram, i blizz blazed with becky. #gramnesia #imgonnagetslapchatted." [ laughter ] [ cheers and applause ] moving on. a personal favorite of mine, it's "blow-prah." let's see what it means -- a generous person who gives cocaine to everyone in the room." [ laughter ] for example, "the party was a bust, but then travis came in and was like, 'you get cocaine! and you get cocaine! everybody gets cocaine!' dude's a blow-prah." [ laughter and applause ]
12:45 am
see the definition -- "when you binge watch an entire show and then realize you didn't like it." [ laughter ] for example, "i just watched 10 episodes of 'marco polo' in a day. #regretflix #ishouldhaveblizzblazed." [ laughter ] and finally we have "nomoji." let's see what the definition complicated that no emoji can [ laughter ] for example, "michael broke up with me, and i'm sad about it, because i think we really could have had something, but i'm also not sad, because i know in the end, it wouldn't have worked out, but that also doesn't mean i'm happy. i guess it's more like i'm grateful for the time we had together, and i'll never forget when we got ice cream on the pier that one day, and how we fought about what kind of dog is the cutest, which started out as a fake fight, but then turned into a real fight, because it always seems like he wasn't taking my feelings into consideration and, honestly, i'm a little confused, because he said he was happy and then, all of a sudden, he doesn't want to see me anymore, and i guess i just have a lot of questions and i'm fearful, and hopeful, and sad, and if i'm being honest, a little hungry. #nomoji." [ cheers and applause ] that was "seth explains teen slang."
12:46 am
folks, you can't make this stuff up. four bandits chose a prius as their getaway car. bravo-niner, in pursuit of a toyota prius. over. how hard is it to catch a prius? over. this thing is actually pretty fast. over. very funny. oh look, a farmer's market. we should get some flowers for the car. yeah! holly! toyota. let's go places. [burke] at farmers, we've seen almost everything, so we know how to cover almost anything. even "turkey jerks."
12:47 am
[butcher] i'm sorry! (burke) covered march fourth,2014. talk to farmers. we've seen almost everything, so we know how to cover almost anything. we are farmers. bum-pa-dum, bum-bum-bum-bum okay, what is this? it' s chewy. really icy. wooh. that' s intense! it just hits you. its gum. no. it' s totally a mint! it' s disappearing as i am chewing it. where did it go? it' s not a gum. not a mint. it' s a breakthrough in cool. ice breakers cool blasts. piano music. i'm glad you finally made it, dad. you have to experience this city. that's what you always say. you were right about the food. hi john. hey kevin. spent the day with an astronaut. one more.
12:48 am
how about a baseball game next time? done! book priceless experiences around the globe with... ...your world mastercard. only at priceless.com. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back, everybody. please, give it up for the 8g band over there. [ cheers and applause ] also, he's been sitting inn on drums all week with 8g band. from tv on the radio,
12:49 am
[ cheers and applause ] if you're in the new york city area, be sure to check out jaleel every monday night at union pool in brooklyn with the love choir. thank you so much for being here, jaleel, this week. it's been such an honor. >> so welcome. thank you. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: thank you. our first guest tonight is an academy award winning actress, whose classic films include "the rocky horror picture show," "thelma and louise" and "dead man walking." she can be seen next in "the meddler," which opens in theaters april 22nd. please welcome to our show, susan sarandon. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: how are you? >> thank you. >> seth: so they're just as happy as i am to have you here. >> oh, i'm so -- i'm even happier to be here. that's so great. delight to see you. >> seth: and i remember one of my favorite times that i got to you did -- you were one of the
12:50 am
>> yeah. >> seth: you were in "mother lover." the sequel. they said there couldn't be a sequel to "dick in a box," but -- >> they all said that. >> seth: they all said that. >> they all said that. >> seth: how did you get approached? what was the phone call like? >> i was doing -- it wasn't a phone call. i was doing a broadway show. and they said, you wanna do a sequel to "dick in a box"? and i, of course -- [ laughter ] asked my sons -- my younger son, and he said, "mom it's a classic, you absolutely have to do it." [ laughter ] and i said, well, there's no script. i don't know, really, what it is. do i like the "dick in a box?" [ laughter ] what is -- where am i in this equation? >> seth: yeah. >> and then they said, no, it's not actually the "dick in the box," it's like a whole other thing. >> seth: yes. >> and i still didn't know what it was. [ laughter ] but based on the fact that everybody there was so great, and andy, you know, everyone was so. i said, yeah, okay. and so we had to do it around my
12:51 am
and i have to say that we filmed, you know, really, like at 2:00 after my show. >> seth: right. >> so 2:00 in the morning, with whipped cream and all kinds of things. and i was, you know, you don't remember what you do at like 2:00 in the morning. you know? >> seth: no. [ light laughter ] >> so i thought they did such a good -- they saved my ass, actually. because there were all kinds of strange things happening, and they were very tasteful. >> seth: yes. [ laughter ] >> so i thought that it was -- it is a classic. that one's, too, a classic. >> seth: it is a classic. i will tell you this, that we won -- for march madness, we picked -- i picked my favorite 64 digital shorts, and i handed out sheets and everybody at snl voted down and "mother lover" was the most popular digital short amongst the staff of -- >> no way! >> seth: all the digital shorts. >> oh, my god. >> seth: yes. [ cheers and applause ] but now, i feel like there's some unrated director's cut out there that i want to see now that -- >> there could be. there could be. >> seth: i wanna talk to you about -- it's very hard to segue from "mother lover" to this, but this is such an impressive thing you're doing. you just went to greece to work on the international refugee
12:52 am
and you actually got to speak to some of the refugees there. tell us about your trip and tell us about the conversations you had. >> my grandfather was a refugee. and i think practically everybody here is related to an immigrant or refugee, unless you're native american, right? >> seth: yeah. >> at some point. and i always thought of the united states as being so welcoming and so many cultures and blah blah blah. and then there was this crescendo of hate fear based rhetoric that was coming out of our drunk uncle at the wedding, trump. >> seth: yep. [ laughter ] >> and i was like, you know, who -- these poor people, you know, they've been reduced to a concept. they're no longer people. who are they? why did they leave? what's their story? you know, what do they want? maybe somebody should listen to them. so, i thought well, maybe if i go over unaffiliated, i could just talk and listen and not be associated with any group. but of course, i didn't know what i was doing. so i had to call someone that had been over there. and luckily for me, this great guy said i'll go back and help
12:53 am
to stay and everything else. so we went, tyson photographed and i photographed and basically we just spent -- >> seth: some photos of these people. >> like two weeks -- 11 days. just wandering, greeting boats, helping people going to all the various camps, going up and down the coast. talking to the amazing international volunteers from all over who, you know, were setting up soup kitchens. because, when everybody comes in there on these tiny boats that are very, very dangerous. and they're wet and they're cold. it was already freezing. and i was in athens. i was there through christmas. and just asking, you know, why did you leave? you know, and they tell me their houses -- they were from all over. not just syria and afghanistan. iraq, iran. eritrea, morocco, sudan. i mean, so there's all these different languages which makes it also very difficult. somewhere between 4,000 and 12,000 people arriving every day. you don't know where they're
12:54 am
and then, it only gets worse from there. you know, where do they sleep? how do they eat? very tired. pregnant women. people who've just had babies. someone actually had a baby on the boat. just this uncontainable moral catastrophe that shouldn't be politicized. and so i asked this one woman and i said, you know, just explain to me how could this seem like a good idea, getting on this terrible little boat with 60 people and your four tiny kids and you're pregnant. she said, well, imagine that you're in -- on the third floor of an apartment building, and it catches on fire, and you know if you stay you'll be killed. but if you jump out the window, there's a chance you'll survive. that's what our choice is. and i talked to people whose, you know, houses had been blown up. and i said, well, do you know, you know, who dropped the bomb? and they said, it doesn't really matter.
12:55 am
>> seth: no. i guess at the end of the day, the bomb's the more important thing then who's -- >> everything's gone. and so, these people have lives, and professions, and dreams, and hopes and wants for their kids to get an education. and just want them to be clean and safe. and everything that a mother wants. >> seth: and you say, it should be a moral issue as opposed to a political issue. and people can go to your facebook page, yes? and donate? >> yeah. i -- on my facebook page, have the independent, like, these really great independent little groups that are kind of filling in where the ngos can't, because, of course, if you're an ngo, you're much -- there's much more bureaucracy. >> seth: of course. >> although they're doing a good job, but the little people that are doing all these other kind of things, i can vouch for them. so the ones that are on my website, there's just a few, but i know that they spend their money right. and so if anybody feels -- or if you want to go on -- "the huffington post" was great. they stepped up, and everyday i would go home and write about what i'd seen and post pictures. and so on "the huffington post," somehow you can find it on there. i don't know, me, i guess you can find it. and you can see the faces and listen to the stories of these
12:56 am
>> seth: well, thank you so much for doing that. that's fantastic. >> no, i'm really happy to. >> seth: i'm glad you took that trip. [ cheers and applause ] you mentioned -- you mentioned the drunk uncle at the wedding. you -- you've been a vocal bernie supporter -- >> yeah! >> seth: and you've gone on the campaign trail with bernie. >> yeah, and he balls balls! >> seth: you were in iowa. >> he has balls. believe me. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: yeah, he does. he has balls. >> i've been, when i went to iowa, i was so moved by the people in iowa that want to be -- to reinvest in this country and really want to believe and he has really concrete, very simple, you know, fdr kind of plans that are totally possible and should be done, because, you know, you talk to people who can't -- can't go to the doctor because their co-pay is too high. they can't pay off their school debt. they can't, you know, the country needs infrastructure. there's so many things -- and i don't know when we will get another person who's been in government as long as he has, and managed not to take any money from the bad guys. he's not connected to wall
12:57 am
he's not connected to monsanto. big pharm. it's possible -- >> seth: and it's young crowds, yes? like when you go to these -- >> mix, i mean, certainly, the iowa, a lot of them were really young. but no, you look out and -- no, it was really, really diverse. i mean, i think that it's young people that have been following him, because, you know, he hadn't really gotten coverage until lately. so a lot of people, younger people were very hip to what he was talking about before everybody else. but now that people are able to mixed. but in iowa -- >> seth: it's very easy to listen to him, 'cause he's very loud. he will raise his voice. the room, you're like, i think that's bernie. he's saying some very interesting things. >> well, i wasn't able to be in new hampshire, but i'm going to nevada and i'm going to south carolina. it's been a great experience to country that are wanting to be part of the process. registered to vote. and if you're democrat -- democratic, if you're
12:58 am
were switching. some where there's caucuses, you can switch. >> seth: yeah, in new hampshire. >> and also nevada. if you want to be affiliated and vote in the primary, you have to be registered as democrat. so, make sure you haven't passed -- in new york the deadline was in october, who knew? >> seth: i think that's great, but i do want to talk about another issue. an issue that's facing our country. a serious issue. >> yes. >> seth: you presented at the sag awards. >> yeah. >> seth: you presented -- and piers morgan -- >> yeah. >> seth: had a criticism of the way you were dressed. >> yeah. >> seth: there you are. yeah. [ cheers and applause ] this was -- you were presenting the in memorium. and piers morgan took to twitter and said that this was inappropriate. and you immediately -- you fought back here hard. >> well, actually a lot of people -- does he have a job? a real job? why does he have so much time? [ laughter ] >> seth: currently, this might be the closest thing he has. >> he's doing something again today.
12:59 am
him. something's like -- [ laughter ] >> seth: okay. that might be it. >> i hate to say he's milking the situation. >> seth: he is milking it. [ laughter ] but now you -- you're supporters then -- see, i think he plays this perfectly. because what did your supporters start doing? >> they just flooded him with pictures of their cleavage. [ laughter ] >> seth: i don't know. i'm thinking piers morgan's sitting at home at his computer right now saying, i played this just right. i don't even have to google anything. my internet history is fine. they're just coming to me. >> well, god bless him. god bless him. >> seth: and god bless you. thank you for being here. >> thank you for having me. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: register to vote. >> register to vote. >> seth: and wear whatever you want. >> wear whatever you want. >> seth: whatever you want. susan sarandon, everybody. [ cheers and applause ] to find out more information on assisting the refugee crisis, go to susan's official nice facebook page.
1:00 am
at edible arrangements, we want valentine's day to be every bit as perfect as you do. visit a local store or place your order at edible.com today.
1:01 am
i' ll never remember all the projects, presentations, or meetings i gave up my nights for. (music' s drums intensify) ll never forget. get out there, in the 2016 ford escape. be unstoppable. this is my fight song take back my life song (music) dry spray?
1:02 am
it's already dry! no wait time. this is great. it's very soft. can i keep it? (laughs) all the care of dove... ...now in a dry antiperspirant spray. so my kids don't have to forage, got two jobs to pay a mortgage, and i've also got a brain. life's short, talk is cheap. still don't think i've got a brain? you think a resume's enough? who'll step up when things get tough? don't you want that kind of brain? you're gonna want someone like me.
1:03 am
at devry university's college of business, we're looking for what the companies you'd want to work for, are looking for: the go-getters. students who want to go places, in the business they're in now, or the start up they haven't even started yet. at devry we teach, what's been business-world tested. so if you want to learn today, and make an impact tomorrow- you're our kind of student. our kind of different. devry university's college of business. different. on purpose. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back to "late night," everybody. our next guest is a talented actress you know from shows like "mad men" and "community." she stars in the new movie "how to be single," which hits
1:04 am
>> there are 8 million people in this city. sounds like a lot, right? half of them are women. >> and, hard as i tried in college, i don't swing that way. >> so 4 million men. and then you got to have some age limits. so let's say, over 20. >> under 40. >> keep it sexy. >> now it's a million. >> right, we're talking about a >> but, of half of them are married. i want someone college-educated. so. >> there's your boyfriend. >> i wish. show, alison brie. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: thank you, you look beautiful. >> thank you. >> seth: i'm so happy you're here. >> i'm so happy to be here. >> seth: you got to shoot this film in new york city. >> yeah. >> seth: which must have been
1:05 am
>> it's so fun. >> seth: and you, your character lives in the meatpacking district, known for its night life. >> yes, yes. >> seth: did you get to experience any of it while you were here. >> sort of. but you know, we were mostly shooting nights. >> seth: of course. >> all night, so we would finish at like 7:00 in the morning. but, one night i tried to go out, your buddy, colin jost, was shooting with us. >> seth: yes. >> and, so we finished at like, 2:30, and he and anders holm and i were sort of like, we could go get a drink. what should we do? colin, you're a man about town. >> seth: yeah. >> you're a local here, where should we go? >> seth: yeah, i wish i was there, i would have told you it's just a bad call. [ light laughter ] >> seemed immediately, i was like, he seems so cool. so, first i wanted to go to the coyote ugly bar that was right around the corner. >> seth: yeah. >> and i was just, like, no. >> seth: shouted down. >> i can't, i can't. >> seth: yeah, okay. >> so, then he was like, "no, i know this great place. super classy. it's like, upstairs. it's at a hotel. and we were like "lauren, are we okay. this is very low key." >> seth: what were you dressed like -- >> just like jeans and sneakers, and like, very large backpacks. we were at work.
1:06 am
travelers. >> seth: you shouldn't of asked, because there is no place where that's okay. [ light laughter ] >> in new york? >> seth: yeah. >> that's not cool? >> seth: and besides, you're doing this, and talking to a bouncer, you've already lost. >> hey guys, we're big movie actors. >> seth: and book worms. >> what? i thought everybody loves that. >> seth: yeah. >> so anyway, so we walked around the corner. and then he wasn't quite sure where it was. so we spent a little while >> seth: sounds like colin. >> right. >> seth: sounds like colin. >> but, we were on a mission. we get, we approach a very large looked like sort of cool people, so we went in. but it was not low key. almost immediately, they were like, you have to check all your stuff. let us pat you down, which i thought was strange for like, a casual hotel -- >> seth: yup. >> -- bar, we walked through a corridor that was like, all black light. >> seth: uh-huh. >> at which i was sort of like, that seems out of the ordinary. we went up an elevator, and when the doors opened, just a waft of smoke. it was like, like weed and chlorine. >> seth: oh, no. >> i was like, now i'm curious. but, we went in and it was just like a very hardcore hip-hop
1:07 am
middle of the dance floor. [ light laughter ] i wished i was in a bikini, and i would have been like, there is my spot. >> seth: yes, this is my night. >> but i was dressed as like, >> seth: yeah. >> we looked at colin and he was just like, "yeah, i don't think for." >> seth: you're like, we're encyclopedia brown and we're here to break up this party. [ light laughter ] >> we're on the scene. yeah. so, and everybody there too, was like, you guys don't belong. >> seth: also, they went home and they're like, "i always thought like, movie stars were cool, but a couple of them came to this party and they were the worst people there." [ light laughter ] >> they were biggest losers. >> seth: they were the biggest losers. >> i was so embarrased. >> seth: and does this happen to you? do you go shooting on location, and end up in the wrong places? >> no. not big partier, clearly. i don't know what i'm doing, no. usually, when i'm out of town on location, i'm like very mellow. that's why it is cool to shoot in new york, because you know more people. >> seth: yeah. >> normally when i'm places i don't know anyone and i kind of just like, go to spas. >> seth: oh, that's nice. >> i have like, me -- i take me days. >> seth: oh, that's wonderful. >> yeah.
1:08 am
>> i normally enjoy it. but sometimes, you know, things just don't work out. let me tell you a story about >> seth: yeah, please. [ light laughter ] yeah. >> i was in toronto shooting recently, and our make-up woman, you know, told me you should go sort of new, and it has this cool thing. it's like a bath house. it's all women. and i thought "great, it's all women. it's going to be really, like easy to just be naked and just enjoy luxuriating." >> seth: great. >> i love to be fully nude at a spa. i feel like it's one of the last places that you really can do that. >> seth: yeah. other than home. >> and home. >> seth: yeah. [ laughter ] >> where else? on hbo, that's another spot. i like to do it in front of strangers. >> seth: gotcha. okay, cool. so this is your thing. okay. >> so i get there, and i go in, and it's this very, like, old school feeling bath house. one large room. and they had a whole system. there was like, a sign up on the wall that was like, here's the
1:09 am
spa. and do like, the sea salt pool, and then dip in the freezing cold pool. okay. which i love. again, i'm just a very nerdy. >> seth: okay, yeah. i'm doing. >> seth: i like that you like -- i like to go to a spa to relax and i like to know exactly how it is supposed to go. [ light laughter ] >> very focused and just know exactly what i'm doing. 5 minutes in the sea salt pool. 5 minutes the spa, in the sauna. was your, were you doing the order right? was everything going well? >> i was doing the order right. i was very focused on the order. so much so, that i kind of didn't notice that the spa was getting very crowded and with like, big groups of girls who were coming together. on like, bachelorette weekends, or just like groups of friends together. and everyone was fully clothed. >> with like one-piece, like old school, old lady bathing suites with shorts. to the point where, finally i the only naked person. >> seth: oh, no. >> at the whole spa. it was like, as if maybe it was a rule that you we're not allowed to be naked at this spa. and when i would go into like, the sauna, which was very small, you know there'd be these weird "mean girl" moments of like, everyone's talking and laughing
1:10 am
walks in. and they all just -- [ laughter ] and they wait the obligatory 45 seconds, and then leave the sauna. and i got real indignant about the whole thing. instead of feeling embarrassed -- >> seth: oh, you owned it. >> i just was peacocking around. >> seth: oh, great. >> i was just like, this is my body, women. love it. >> seth: i like that you are the biggest loser at the new york club then and the coolest person at the spa. >> coolest. [ light laughter ] definitely the coolest. >> seth: i like that you can do, you can be either side of the pole. i love that. i rock the whole spectrum. >> seth: watch this, this is transition. really good transition. because, you were on two incredibly popular and famous shows at the exact same time. "mad men" and "community." >> both sides of the spectrum. >> seth: both sides of, could be farther. >> boom. one, an incredibly intense drama, a period drama. and, uh -- >> seth: well, "mad men", of were amazing and obviously specific to the time. and accurate.
1:11 am
>> they could be both. they weren't -- well you know, they were a bit restrictive. and there's a bit of a learning curve in terms of, i think, figuring out kind of how to wear them. i don't know if you know what a girdle is like. >> seth: i don't. >> it is sort of like olden day spanx. so, it had boning. it starts like, here under the boobs, and goes down, and turns into bike shorts essentially. super sexy. >> seth: yeah? >> and it had, like, boning through here. and is very tight and gives us that amazing shape and what not. but basically, you're supposed to wear it like as underwear. you're not supposed to wear modern underwear underneath it. >> seth: right. >> because that is your underwear. >> seth: okay. >> but i didn't know that for like a season and a half of "mad men." >> so you had an extra layer of underwear you did not need. >> extra underwear that were also very difficult to reach. and all this stuff. so, it proved problematic when they were taking me to set one day and, i like, really had to pee.
1:12 am
>> seth: yes, you do, yeah. >> you know, you have to pee. i think i never wanted to be, you know? >> seth: yeah. yes, i'm ready to go right now. no problem. on the way to set, and was just immediately like, "i can't, we let me stop and good to the bathroom." problem. so i go into the bathroom and really working blind. >> you know you're lifting up under all this skirts and you can, sort of, the girdles are made so you can like, kind of pull it to the side and use the bathroom. they thought of everything. [ light laughter ] except that i had a pair of underwear underneath. this is getting sort of, graphic. >> seth: yeah. [ light laughter ] because you're running out of hands. >> yes. so like, i'm sort of reaching and feeling, like things are fine, and i'm like, doing like a crazy hover over this like, public bathroom stall on the way to the set. and i just start peeing and i like, can't hear the pee hitting the toilet. [ laughter ] >> seth: not good. >> so, i realized, i missed my underwear. they didn't quite make it out of the way. and i just did a full pee.
1:13 am
there was no stopping it in the middle. [ light laughter ] i just got very warm. just soaked. there was no time. i pulled, i like tried to pat it down with toilet paper. [ light laughter ] and then someone was outside like, we have to go! so i just went to set and shot a full scene. >> seth: wow. do you think -- [ laughter and applause ] fantastic. do you think anyone knew? >> well, the costume designer knew, because half way through shooting the scene she came in. janie bryant was our costume designer, so incredible. >> seth: yes. >> and also like, a wonderful person. so she came in and she was like, do you hate your costume. you look so uncomfortable. and i was just like, "well, there's pee. i peed all over, everywhere. it's everywhere." [ laughter ] and she said, it happens more often than you think. [ laughter ] >> seth: i am definitely going back, watching "mad men" all over again trying to find that scene. >> oh, yeah. >> seth: and just see if you can find it. >> see if you can find it. >> seth: thank you so much for being here. such a pleasure. [ cheers and applause ] >> thank you for having me. >> seth: alison brie, everybody. "how to be single" is in
1:14 am
"late night." oh my gosh, stephanie we're, like, so goth. sfx: knocks on door. honey? i'm dying my hair, mom. hair dye? honey... it's just purple. teenage daughter? get scrubbing bubbles. kill 99.9% of germs and destroy grime. with scrubbing bubbles for 100% problem solved. hmmm... apple pie with only fruits nuts and spices.
1:15 am
feel very complicated. la rabar. food made from food. lips appear to age faster than other skin. no worries. now, there's new chapstick total hydration. its 100% natural, age defying formula is clinically proven to provide healthier, more youthful looking lips. chapstick put your lips first valentine's day is sunday!... so get to kohl's super saturday... and save on early birds 'till 1pm... like 70% off fine jewelry. save on dress shirts for him... or sleepwear and loungewear for her. plus - take an extra 15% off! get kohl's cash too! saturday at kohl's. this turkey is natural? yeah. it's too good to be true. not again. it's called a timeshare. we don't own it, we share it. let's do it. oh yeah. finally, something that's not too good to be true. it's oscar mayer natural turkey breast, and it tastes great. when laquinta.com sends craig wilson a ready for you alert the second his room is ready,
1:16 am
great proposal! let's talk more over golf. great. how about over tennis? even better. a game changer! lq.com. p kind of wrap itself around me- pthen the next thing i know it's morning. rwith tempur-flex you've got the spring and bounce pof a traditional mattress and it also adjusts to my body. ahhh... my cloud feels so comfortable. it feels like somebody's hugging you. how can a bed do that? (vo) there's a tempur-pedic for everyone. find the feel that's right for you. and now through february 28th, save up to $300 on one of our most popular
1:17 am
1:18 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> seth: welcome back, everybody. here at "late night," we have a lot of expenses. to cover the cost of those expenses, we have taken on some pretty terrible sponsors. sponsors we aren't proud of. sponsors i'm ashamed we took money from, but because we did, we now have to mention them on the air. so, i'd like to apologize in advance. "late night" is brought to you by menthol peanut butter. [ light laughter ] from the makers of menthol
1:19 am
butter with that smooth menthol flavor. menthol peanut butter, now that's a cool sandwich. [ laughter ] we're also sponsored by rabie bjorn. [ laughter ] the perfect carrier for your rabid raccoon. now the little guy can go with you whereever you go, no matter how angry he is. [ laughter ] rabie bjorn. also, hambien. [ light laughter ] hungry and restless? we have the solution. a big pile of ambien cured meat that causes drowsiness on purpose. hambien, the ultimate midnight snack. [ light laughter ] one. water bottles full of vodka. is your office job bringing you down, but drinking at your desk is frowned upon? fear not. cause now, you have water bottles full of vodka. you work hard, you play hard, and you're an alcoholic. [ laughter and applause ] and don't forget about lee press-on nails for men. hey accountants, want to look like a real man?
1:20 am
in mechanic, coal miner, and lumberjack. [ laughter ] lee press on nails for men, because nothing says masculinity like utter disregard for clean nails. [ light laughter ] really, apologies in advance for tony shalube. [ laughter ] the only personal lubricant on the market endorsed by the actor tony shalhoub. be ready the next time you want to "monk"-ey around in the bedroom. [ light laughter ] tony shalube. "late night" is also sponsored by potato chips potatoes. wish whole potatoes tasted as good as potato chips? try potato chip potatoes. whole potatoes reassembled from potato chips. [ light laughter ] potato chip potatoes, mm-mm-mm, it's bad for you. [ light laughter ] next up, smile tape. [ light laughter ] are you depressed, but can't afford medication?
1:21 am
it'll turn your frown upside down. next up, camp sarcasm. have earnest kids? sure you do. send them to camp sarcasm, because it's so great. [ light laughter ] you can ride horses and just wait until you see arts and crafts. your kid's a real picasso. [ light laughter ] camp sarcasm, they're gonna love it. [ light laughter ] up next, boilet. toilets filled with boiling hot water. [ light laughter ] never have a dirty toilet again. boilet, sanitary. [ light laughter ] and lastly, pit wigs. [ laughter ] embarrassed that everybody in gym class hit puberty before you? well, worry no more with pit wigs. the fake hair for your armpits that says, i'm a cool guy who's been to second base. pit wigs. now available in pubes. [ audience oohs ] those, were our terrible sponsors. here's a message from our good ones, we'll be right back.
1:22 am
this is a cell tower from one of those major carriers. straight talk wireless uses the same cell towers they do. but we don't build or maintain them. so we can offerpyou the same great, pnationwide coveragepfor half the cost! out here... ...and here... and here. p well, not here.pthat would be weird. p the world needspmore straight talk. best phones. best networks. half the cost. make your tax return go further and save on the samsung galaxy grand prime. unlimited talk, text and data is just $45 a month. find out more at
1:23 am
sfx: cell phone vibrates. yeah? (sigh) you're okay... he's okay, he made it! jason.. what do you mean? we were very bad boys. alexa what's in the news? alexa: here's the news, "alec baldwin and jason schwartzman were seen mooning paparazzi. baldwin threw his shoe at photographers before making a run for it". my poor cashmere socks... alexa, will you order another pair of brescianis. reordering bresciani socks. okay listen...
1:24 am
(moaning) ...alec? for the past 27 days, four men have outlasted authorities by making their getaway in a prius. this game ends now. to catch a prius, you've gotta be a prius. guys, what's that?
1:25 am
toyota. let's go places. sfx: knocks on door. honey? i'm dying my hair, mom. hair dye? honey... it's just purple. teenage daughter? kill 99.9% of germs and with scrubbing bubbles for 100% problem solved. recently we've noticed some ads created by these two birds, inviting you to stay away from the streak free shine of windex. are false. cleaning clean glass is better than dirty glass. don't stand for dirty. use windex. my moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis made a simple trip to the grocery store anything but simple. so finally, i had an important conversation with my dermatologist about humira. he explained that humira works inside my body to target and help block a specific source of inflammation that contributes to my symptoms. in clinical trials, most adults saw 75% skin clearance. and the majority were clear or
1:26 am
humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. ask your dermatologist about humira. because with humira
1:27 am
[ cheers and applause ] >> seth: our next guest is the host of fox sports 1's "garbage time with katie nolan" and the podcast of the same name. please welcome to the show, katie nolan. >> a little nervous. i've never sat in a skirt before in a public setting. >> seth: and true, because you have a job where you get to be the desk person, like me. >> yes, i do. could we swap? >> seth: if it makes you feel more comfortable you can sit wherever you want. you're doing great. >> thank you. but it was really exciting because you got to go out to the different scene for you. was it fun to be out there? >> yeah! it was very different.
1:28 am
closet. >> seth: yes. >> with no people. and the super bowl is the opposite of that. >> seth: it's all the people. >> it's every -- every person was there. >> seth: yeah. >> so, yeah, it was really different, but it was really fun. and we got to get some really great guests, because like everyone's there. >> seth: you interviewed victor cruz, and i wanna show a clip of it, because you got him to do an impression that i thought was pretty fantastic. and you obviously thought it was great too. let's just show it real quick. >> can you confirm that you can do a manning face? >> i can do -- you want to see it right now? >> i, you know, i'd love to. [ laughter ] >> was that good? >> it's so perfect. >> seth: it's so perfect! it's a perfect eli manning face. and then to prove it, because you showed this. eli made a face in the press box and then you side by side it. and i just wanna show exactly how good -- [ laughter ] >> it's so good. >> seth: it's so, so good. >> it's so -- i never thought he would do it. i thought i was gonna ask him, and he'd be like, well, that's, you know, my quarterback. i can't -- he just didn't even hesitate. >> seth: i will say, because if, you know, you've interviewed athletes, like, a lot of them are very media trained.
1:29 am
have a silly moment. >> yeah. >> seth: have you found that interviewing athletes, that sometimes it's hard to get actually interesting things out of them? >> yes, it's tough, because, like you said, they're so buttoned up and taught to not ever say anything that could be misconstrued. because, you know, we take sports so seriously here. [ light laughter ] but the best thing about our show is that we try to put athletes in like a really uncomfortable situation that they're not used to, so there's no way they possibly could have had any training for what we throw at them. >> seth: right. an example? >> so we had odell beckham jr. on the show, and he had just done a day of press at espn, which they call the car wash. >> seth: yes, where you do every single show. >> every -- it's like a press junket for a movie star, but -- so it's for athletes. and the next day, he came to do our show after morning practice. and i was like, we're gonna get odell beckham jr. and he's gonna be exhausted. there's no question that he hasn't already answered about the one handed catch and all that. so we decided, because "mad men" was coming to a close, that we would have odell beckham jr. read lines for various parts in
1:30 am
>> seth: uh-huh. >> thinking that he would be like, "no, what are you talking about?" he came to the studio, we asked, have you ever seen "mad men" before? he's like, "nope." this bit." [ laughter ] and just read off teleprompter a bunch of lines from "mad men." >> seth: and that is definitely not something they warned him about beforehand. >> absolutely not. interview on a sports show, be thing. [ light laughter ] you did -- you mentioned you shoot in a closet. i've been in your studio, because "men in blazers" another show is in the same closet, basically. they just point the cameras a different way, you were telling me. >> so, it's so small that if you told somebody that that's where tv was made, they would be shocked already. when we tell people we do two shows out of that tiny -- it's like 10 feet by 10 feet. and you got to move the cameras out of -- there's only three walls. it's a very small space. >> seth: it seems like it's criminal to make you do a show there. >> it does seem that way. so if they wanted to move us to
1:31 am
>> seth: but it's great. the show survives there, and, also you are wonderful at it. >> it's fun. it's like, we got to do the show because it's so small and so low budget. otherwise, fox would have been like, "no, you can't have a television show." >> seth: i want to commend you on something, because your show is not just about sports. it's very funny, you have a comic take on things. but you also are very good at addressing serious issues. you've talked about greg hardy on the dallas cowboys, ray rice, domestic violence in the league, and you've been hard on roger goodell. you recently were invited out at the super bowl to -- roger goodell did a women's summit. you couldn't go but how -- as a woman who is a football fan, and you love the game, if you had the chance to ask roger goodell a question now, what would you ask him? >> what's your deal, bro? [ light laughter ] no, i would ask him genuinely, like "what are you actually planning on doing to fix the problem with domestic violence in your league?" because it's been shown it's an issue and we can try to sweep it under the rug. but it's so clearly a huge problem. nfl does.
1:32 am
they're doing something. and so, i mean, yeah, i would just be curious to know what the plans are. what programs they're gonna put in place and how they're gonna fix this. so that, as a woman and other women, we feel comfortable going to a football game and being a football fan and proud to call ourselves football fans. >> seth: well, i'm really glad that there are people like you calling him out on that, and i think there needs to be more voices in sports. so, nicely done there. >> thank you. [ cheers and applause ] >> seth: and -- but you mention -- you mention optics, and i want to make sure there's not something wrong with your optics. because you are a vocal -- you say that as rob ryan, the defensive coordinator now for the buffalo bills, you believe he is a -- he is a handsome man. >> yes. >> seth: you have a crush on rob ryan. >> i'm sorry, the handsomest man. yeah. >> seth: this is the handsomest man in sports? >> so, like, i'm not sure why that's so weird for everybody, because as you'll see like, look at that flow, seth.
1:33 am
i'm not sure why everyone's like, what are you talking about? he's like, the life of the party. look at this. >> seth: this is not a guy you want to bring home to your parents. >> a thousand percent. my parents would be like, "wait, he's our age." but that's besides the point. look at -- drinking a coors light and handing out i don't even know what. roses? is that a cigar in his mouth? like, come on! >> seth: yeah, there ya go. he's a catch. >> true love. >> seth: he is a catch. i hope he's watching. >> i doubt he is. but if he is, i love you. [ laughter ] >> seth: thank you so much for being here. >> thank you for having me. >> seth: so great to meet you. katie nolan, everybody. [ cheers and applause ] "garbage time with katie nolan" returns this spring on fox sports 1.
1:34 am
1:35 am
1:36 am
>> seth: my thanks to susan sarandon, alison brie. jaleel bunton, and of course, the 8g band. stay tuned for "carson daly."

16 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on