of siouxland.17 - year - old kelsay parrott was blowing out a candle when a string on her sun dress caught on fire... causing painful burns on over 43 - percent of her body. parrott was only four - years - old when this happened on may 13th... 2003. she and was in a coma for three weeks. these days parrott is speaking up and letting people know about burn awareness week. 3 "the shirts say 'support burn survivors i do' and have an amazing quote on the back. but it's just it's just a part of it because even if you're not a survivor and you buy this shirt you can walk around wearing it and if somebody who is a survivor but is hiding it inside or has a family member that is a survivor. cause everybody knows somebody who has been touched by burn survivor, even if they don't know it there's somebody out there that knows somebody."parrott is selling t - shirts to help benefit burn survivors... if you'd like to help out parrott... we've got a link in this story on our website at siouxland news dot com. all money raised goes to the phoenix society for burn survivors. 3 we saw it last week...
Fetching more results